User Reviews for Symbicort

Learn more about Symbicort.

Symbicort Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Symbicort to treat COPD, Maintenance

"I was diagnosed with asthma and COPD and was given symbicort. First I lost my voice , then I would get constant leg cramps at night, then I started to lose weight. I went to see my new doctor, by the way my previous doctor sent me to have my throat examined for any problems and all came out ok. My new doctor asked me "who told you you got COPD"? my previous doctor. She asked did I have a lung test and I said no. Then told me to quit symbicort get a chest x-ray a full lung test and a complete blood scan which came back Normal. Now it's been over a week since I stopped symbicort and am breathing normal don't cough got my appetite back and don't use my rescue inhaler which I seldom used . Get a complete lung test before taking symbicort."

Stan the man 80 years old August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was put on this one while in the hospital with exacerbation. It did not work at all and my regular drug of Advair was not supplied from the hospital pharmacy. I had to get special permission to bring in my advair for administration from the nurses by the hospital. Ineffective and my breathing was improved once I got my regular med back."

Lpit180 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"7 years ago..had a P E ..immediately diagnosed with COPD first med was SYMBICORT and then added SPIRIVA.... Still on SYMBICORT, but now combined with TUDORZA Amazing results in a month... SYMBICORT thins the skin and I bruise very easily...that would be my only issue..."

Trohylady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I asked my pulmonary doctor if I could try Symbicort. She have me a 2 week sample and almost immedately I started wheezing and I saw no improvement and went back to my previous medication."

tmf24556 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The dosage of 160/4.5 makes me very, very nervous."

Jaccie January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I unfortunately did not have the same experience as the rest, day 1 was great i thought finally I can breath without struggling, day 2 was using my rescue inhaler. So upset, so tired of trying to find something to work."

kims46342 April 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was first prescribed Spiriva for my COPD and after about a month I saw no change & was using my rescue inhaler 3-4 times a day. My Dr. then prescribed Symbicort 5 weeks ago & I haven't had to use my rescue inhaler at all since. It has really inproved my quality of life! The only side effects I've noticed is my throat is a little hoarse. I'm happy!"

happy breather March 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Symbicort for 8 months now. It has been a life changer for me. I was using my rescue inhaler at least 4 times a day previous to being put on Symbicort. I have only had to use it twice since starting on it. The only side effect I have had is that past few months I have been woken up every night by very bad cramps in my feet and my calves. "

Gold40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Experienced some dizziness at first, then felt a nervousness or anxiety feeling inside for several hours after the dosage. First time using this medication, and need more time on it to be sure of these problems. Was taking Advair previously with no effects (except better breathing ability)."

Anonymous June 8, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the greatest thing that's happened in my life in the last year. I used to have to use my Ventlin inhaler 3/4 times a day. I have not used it since I started Symbicort! My last doctor wouldn't even let me try it. Glad I changed doctors. I can go up and down stairs without stopping trying to breath. My child even noticed the difference."

Becj January 14, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had tried Advair and one other inhaler and didn't do anything. Was using albuterol when needed (2-3 times a day). Doctor put me on Symbicort and had immediate relief. Only take 2 puffs in the morning and set for the day. No side effects yet (4 weeks). Hopefully it will continue to work on my COPD. "

Paul74 October 31, 2010