User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

COPD 15 reviews 38 medications

COPD, Maintenance 5 reviews 46 medications

5.2
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 61 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma "Tried Breo for the first time a few months ago to treat my asthma and COPD. I'm pretty young at 33, and having to deal with 2 respiratory issues. Previously on Symbicort Inhaler and have been for the past 13 odd years. Breo worked well initially.. But then I had an attack, and reached for my rescue. Being a young professional raising 2 kids on my own, I do tend to forget taking my preventer. Liked the idea of once a day, and worked well when I remembered to take it... however, it got to the point where I was having more attacks than ever before. I was put back onto Symbicort Inhaler.. I can take it when I have an attack, and it works faster than my rescue in my opinion. Doc reckons there's a built in redundancy for my forgetfulness."

Cough me guts out.. July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have suffered from asthma for over 20 years, almost died twice. I have been on all types of inhalers yet nothing seemed to work. I finally was put on Dulera which was better than other inhalers I have experienced but it was too expensive. So I saw the commercial about Breo and told my Doctor about it. My Doctor checked the ingredients and found they were similar. So I have been on Breo for about 9 months now and I finally see what it is to not have asthma. I have not had any Astoma attacks since being on the medication. On top of that, I have seasonal asthma and I have not had any flares ups either. This inhaler saved my life and I have had not had any side effects! Truly Amazing!! The best out there!"

The Best Inhaler Ever!!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was put on two meds at the same time, so I had a difficult time deciding which drug was messing with me. ie -- inflammation so bad that it created facial hot break outs on my face, lips. I experienced increase in heart rate and shakes. I went off Breo on the 5th of June and stayed on my other drug for diabetics.. Everything settled down and my normal self returned. This morning I decide to reintroduce my Breo to find it definitely is the culprit. Immediate hot flashes, shakes and increased heart rate. I love how it works, but hate what it does for me. Please take time to truly decipher which drug it is if you're on multiples."

TexasDe (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Awful! I have pretty bad asthma and the doctor had me try this medicine and it made my asthma so much worse! Made me dizzy I couldn't breathe, sleep, it gave me anxiety !!!! Do not take this!!"

Carolyne m June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I've had asthma for 37 years. I've almost died 3 times from it. I've been air lifted to a large hospital 3 times. This inhaler is by far the best inhaler I've ever taken. It's incredible"

Chad Collins (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have been suffering from asthma from the age of about 10. I have been using Symbicort for the last 10 years but have had no proper relief. I have to say this is just a miracle for me and my asthma. I have been on it for about a month and a half and after struggling with my asthma for almost 25 years, I think I've finally reached a point where I almost feel secure with leaving inhalers at home (although I typically don't). I have not had one attack since I've started this medication! It worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "My allergist put me on aerospan for a month it wasn't working I was still tight. The same day I started breo I felt relief it will be 2 months on April 10th have not used my rescue inhaler more than twice in 2 months [used to use it to 6 times a day] The only side effects I have are severe all day chest pain and back pain. Fatigue I feel super tired and unable to walk to much but no exerbation from my lungs iIfeel shortness but my lungs are clear. My pulse is over 120 resting and as high as 165 at times had to take ativan to relax the palputations im 29 yrs old My dosage is 200/25mg along with montelukast 10mg."

Windfish85 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was first diagnosed with severed emphysema a year ago. Was put on Breo 200/25. It worked great in giving me the ability to breath comfortably. Two months later I had bronchitis that turned into pneumonia and a mild heart attack. After test doctors decided the heart attack was a fluke brought on by being so sick that it put a strain on my heart. While in the hospital they had me on two inhalers, nebulizer every 4 hrs and oxygen 24/7. Which I had to use when I was released. After a week home I went back on the Breo. Within a week I was off the oxygen and able to stop using the rescue inhaler and nebulizer. Four months later I moved and went to a new doctor. He diagnosed me with severe asthma. Now have side effects of anxiety, not sleeping wel"

BevB1658 May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Extreme dry mouth, frequent urination, continued thirst"

Anonymous May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I've only been using it for two weeks. Other than a scratchy throat (which I recently learned to gargle with water after use), I feel INCREDIBLY better. I'm 60 and was diagnosed with emphysema about 1 year ago. I'm a desk jockey but a "weekend warrior" in the back forty. I haven't felt this good in quite some time. Fingers crossed..."

Mark K. April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have tried everything to breathe I can not believe how much better my breathing improves I could exercise and do normal jogging and play with my kids Thank you for caring for those of us who struggle with this"

HollyCline1 April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "started to go blind"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've had asthma since I was about four (now fourty) and it's been terrible. Mostly triggered by allergies. Been on every cortico you can think of. I'd go through three rescue inhalers a month. I've been on Breo for about four months and have had two rescue inhalers filled. I can exercise withought using it, I can sleep at night and I have gone days with completely forgetting I had a rescue inhaler. It has been a miracle drug. It is expensive though but my doctor gave me a discount card and it's free now. My only issue is when its very cold and you work your bronchi hard outside, it hurts but it's worth it. Also you can build an immunity to it and it starts to not work as well after the four or five months. BUT it still works well."

Fish out of water January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been worked fine for me at first during the first few months, However, now I'm having several asthma attacks during the day and at night as well. I'm going back to the doctor to try something else."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Started on Breo in May 2016 and loved the relief it provided. I'm currently off this med for 3 weeks (Dec 2016) in an effort to determine if Breo is responsible for my disabling joint and muscle pain which began 1 month into taking it. I used Breo from May to December during which time the pain intensified and migrated to points in all 4 extremities. I have consulted orthopedics and I am currently sering a rheumatologist. I stopped Breo 21 days ago and have improved daily since. I'm convinced that Breo is the cause of my inflamation and pain and I will never take it again. It's unfortunate. It was truly effective but the side effects are absolutely unbearable."

Ruey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I was put on Breo and was amazed on how well I felt but it didn't last long. My symptoms were getting worse and it wasn't until I had wisdom teeth pulled that I realized that Breo was making me worse. After having my wisdom teeth pulled out I was scared to use my inhaler. I was told no straws because the sucking in cold pull stitches out so the day after I didn't use Breo the next day I couldn't belive how well I could breath and each day was even better. I was using my rescue inhaler once every 4/5 hours and I felt good so even though at first Breo seemed good over time it didn't agree with me. I'm seeing my respitalogist next week to see what's next for me as the rescue inhaler is not enough."

Brrenna December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine worked well in the beginning but I quickly built up a tolerance to it.It is now not working so well after a month.Now I am getting severe tightness in the chest a few times a day while still using it.Not only that,I am cramped up now all the time with severe thigh and lower leg cramps shoulder spasms and neck terrible pain.The fatigue is crippling and intolerable. My life has become a misery.I will go back to the Dr. and ask to be put on something else.This is the cure?Ha!"

Pearlymae Peanuts December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Been on this inhaler for a month and a half. I'm on ventolin as well. I have experienced stabbing chest pains in my heart but at the moment I was also on Prednisone 20mg 3x a day, so I stopped the breo for a couple days and the chest pains stopped. It was too much steroids in my system. I had boils on my lips, acne on face, rash on legs, breast, sore tongue, muscle cramps and now worst of all neck pain so awefull it hurts while sleeping. The good news is that it did help with my asthma. With one dose my lungs immediately open up. I only needed it every two days. The pain in neck feels like whiplash, don't think I'm going to continue using it. The pain is too unbearable."

Tired of Asthma (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am not sure if this product is the cause. However my mood has gone slowly down since using it. I am so fear full of falling into a depression, having gone through a very difficult time with depression during the late 90's and early 2000,s. so I will consult my Pulmonary dr. Before continuing."

Windybreeze (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Improved my asthma symptoms quickly but the side effects made it unusable. Improved lung function within a day or two but had severe muscle spasms first in my right trapezius . Didn't relate it to drug at first so went to dr and started muscle relaxers and inflammation reduction meds. Unable to turn head at all by day 3 and not able to sleep because of pain. Discontinued Breo and symptoms were better within a few days. Restarted Breo a week later and had muscle spasm in upper thighs and neck by day two. I really liked the effect for my lungs but the pain and lack of function are not bearable."

Mom of five (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Breo along with Incruse has improved by breathing ten fold! I am so happy to be feeling better . Free Co-Pay from both companies"

Ree1963 September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "As a National board certified Respiratory therapist and Asthma Educator and having been diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma, I have been using a variety of medications to control my symptoms however, nothing worked for many years. My last prescribed medications were Daliresp* and Symbacort. I have been on them for several years to no control of symptoms. I read about Breo* and asked my Dr. to let me try a sample. After just one week, I finally had relief. After using Breo* for over 4 months now, I can say that this medication is a real miracle to me. I teach COPD and Asthma education to my patients and highly suggest for them to talk with their Dr. about Breo* As of the 4 month mark, I haven't even needed my rescue inhalers once."

Kirsch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I was put on Breo Ellipta because my asthma is not well controlled on any other medication that I've previously been put on. For the first two weeks or so it gave me a really sore throat but that went away. I haven't had ANY asthma attacks since starting. It's completely stopped any wheezing as well. It's an amazing medication. I went from having several attacks - varying in severity - every day to none at all. It's also free for the first year with a coupon even if you don't have insurance. I'm so thankful for Breo Ellipta. Even if the sore throat wouldve stayed, I wouldn't have stopped using it. The benefits for me far outweigh the cons."

hrpuff September 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Intense itching on front and back of torso and arms."

PaulFr September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I have struggled with asthma my whole life. I used my inhaler on average 10 times a day. I started Breo it started working right away. By day 3 I noticed that I hadn't used my inhaler all day. Using Breo has given me tremendous relief! I love it and it has seriously given me a better quality of life."

Jenna22 September 7, 2016