User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

COPD, Maintenance
5.2

Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 6.7 89 reviews

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with moderate persistent asthma un complicated,as per my spirometry test from a pulmonary specialist. He prescribed Breo Ellipta 200 mcg vilentrol 25mcg. During use of once a day I always had a hoarse voice, which eventually became laryngitis I stopped the Breo ,and all side effects were gone. I've always had seasonal allergies all my life. I do not get the wheezing or coughing or lack of breathing. I only get a rapid breathing on exercise or over working, which albuterol inhaler stops. My absolute eusinophils were always high, for the past 4 years. My pulmonary specialist said to see me in six months?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I started using breo about 6 weeks ago. It really opens me, but I cough so much junk up all the time. It dries my mouth up, I get thrush. It affects my voice. I have so many other health issues that it is hard for me to tell about any other side affects. Will be talking to my doc when I go back in 2 weeks."

Lambchop May 17, 2018

For COPD "I used Breo one time only. It felt like I had drunk five cups of coffee. This medicine thoroughly effected my nervous system. I can't live like I'm drugged up for two seconds. I would rather take a short acting inhaler than feel drugged all the time. Breo is not for me."

Mike M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Asthma "I've been taking Breo for almost 6 months , worked great, worked so good I would take it every other day instead of once per day. As of last week I've been having blurred vision in my left eye, distorted colors, large black spots, the eye is pretty much useless as of now. I went to an eye doctor, I have Central serous retinopathy, it's pretty much a fluid buildup behind the retina, apparently caused by steroids which is one of the ingredients in Breo, needless to say, I stopped taking Breo. I'm sure I'm a rare case, but just wanted to share"

Eye sight (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I just started on this 3 days ago. My pulmonary doctor gave me 3 months worth of samples. Within the first 5 minutes of taking it I could take a full deep breath without it hurting to breath in. I have more energy during the day, and feel like I have gotten my life back. I did notice some minor back pain, but nothing I cannot deal with."

PK (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Asthma "Breo Ellpta made my asthma disappear. Great huh? Not so. I became extremely fatigued and would not leave the house anymore.I previously had been taking exercise classes 3 X a week and stopped them all. I was never able to go back. Breo made an old lady of me. Stopped after a few weeks of taking it."

carolesper (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For COPD "Cough became better 1st week, by 2nd week it worsened, muscles ached the 1st week & continued to throughout use, as well as in the AM my joints were very stiff! By the 3rd week I had a continuous sore throat & couldn't wear my rings and my shoes were cutting into my feet and were red! My eyes began to burn & my nose swelled, turning bright red, like a triangle, the redness faded after 24 hrs! My family complained that I was miserable & I felt angry daily by the 3rd week and my eczema flared up and I developed intense scalp itching. When I experienced stomach cramps on & off over 3 weeks and was constantly hungry I knew this wasn't a coincidence! I have asthma, COPD, & Bronchitis"

Wms (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Asthma "My experiences with BREO elipta 200/25 have been really really good. Was skeptical at first because it was a free sample given to me by my doctor to try first so I guess they are getting kick backs from BREO, but all in all it worked out great. From really wheezy most mornings to now practically nothing at all and breathing normally, actually breathing better than I have ever before. I didn't realise how restricted my breathing really was until I used it. You do have to wash your mouth out and gargle water straight after use though. I seem to be one of the lucky ones too with no associated symptoms at all. Day and night difference for me and worked immediately."

Jeremy (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "After disproving 2 similar medications and having 2 asthma attacks while. On CPAP at night, my Dr prescribed Breo Ellipta. Almost immediately a heaviness in my chest disappeared. One thing I did notice is for me it dries my mouth out terribly even after rinsing but I am so happy to find something that I can have confidence in!"

Eric (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed this to help control my Asthma Symptoms. My condition has complications so the steroid component was supposed to really help. I give this a 5/10 because it really seemed to help with the asthma: I never reached a point where I was short of breath but it almost made my lungs a little wetter. I found I was continually coughing up small amounts of phlegm with an annoying cough. Even after months of taking this medication. The only other side-effect I experienced was a bit of the jitters (like drinking too much coffee) for about 10-15 min after taking a dose. I should point out that this medication comes in a very practical package and is very easy to dose. It is however very expensive if you do not have insurance."

Chris M Calgary (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For COPD "Breo works extremely well. I still get out of breath in stressful moments or venturing out and about. But the results are very good. I have suggested other COPD patients look into this medicine."

JLH (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2018

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with mild persistent asthma. I had been using asmanax and singulair but neither stopped my coughing or wheezing. My allergist wanted to begin nucala injections since I also have elevated eosinophils but I was afraid of potential carcinogenicity. I went to a pulmonologist who told me I was not a candidate for Nucala and prescribed Breo 3 weeks ago. The results have been tremendous, NO coughing or wheezing like I had been experiencing for the last 7 months despite taking the other meds. No other side effects that I Can tell so far. I highly recommend Breo."

gary February 25, 2018

For Asthma "I am a healthy 42 who has had severe asthma since I was 11yrs old. Struggled all my life to successfully prevent attacks. Was prescribed Breo about 18 months ago and I’ve not had to use my blue ventolin inhaler since. Truly superb and no side effects -can’t believe it. Has changed my life I can fully breath in and out for the first time in 30 years!!"

Happy Canadian (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine has worked wonders for me, completely eliminating the need to take the other 3 asthma medications I take (including my fast acting inhaler). I didn’t have trouble sleeping at night due to breathing issues and I didn’t have sudden attacks at work or while doing physical activities. I cannot give this medication all stars because of the ridiculous price of the medicine. I am a single mother and cannot afford health insurance for myself and I somehow don’t qualify for any assistance. I am shocked that this one life changing medication is almost half of what my monthly rent is. Simply put I cannot afford this medicine and therefore continue to take breathing treatments 3 times a day and burn through my albuterol inhalers at work and exercising. I find it absurd that you can get prescriptions that people abuse and/or sale illegally for nothing and I can’t afford and inhaler so I can live a normal life. I will also note I don’t smoke and I eat healthy and exercise."

BaliseB January 29, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Updating after one year. Its still cut my rescue inhaler usage by less than half. One month supply of the rescue will last three. HOWEVER your immune system will be completely shot. It is worth it if you have asthma like mine. I suggest keeping up with your allergy medicine to keep sinus infections away and I'm looking into an immunity booster. Vitamin C doesn't cut it. My only other complaint is it will mess with your vocal chords. The best part about this is when I did get sick with bronchitis, I could still breathe even with all the coughing and wheezing. It will definitely keep those airways open."

Elnemer January 24, 2018

For Asthma "Wheezing constantly, hungry for air, fatigue, tremors, weakness on exertion, anxiety, back pain, swollen glands, earaches and sinus trouble. Only relief is Benadryl. Am I allergic to this med? Waiting for the Dr. to call - can't take any more."

maggierae January 22, 2018

For Asthma "Started Breo Ellipta 200/25 and my symptoms were so much worse for about a week. Med than began to help. I had this weird headache every day, which was annoying. But after taking it for 2 months, I just suddenly, out of the blue, my symptoms came back (lung pain radiating into back, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm getting enough air, but not enough oxygen. I DO like that you only have to use this once a day!"

Backpacker (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been on 100 dose for quite some time. Recently switched to 200 dose. Jacked my blood pressure and heart rate up. Stopped drug. Will try to go back on 100 dose or find something else."

Breo User January 14, 2018

For Asthma "Just took it for the first time, it's burning and stabbing in my chest I feel like I'm having a heart attack. My oxygen/pulse was 98/99 now 85/145. Think I'm going to go to the ER now"

Kaleetan (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2018

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with asthma in August 2014. I got it due to living with a smoker who smoked indoors and through the night. There were cats and the house was being decorated so my asthma kicked in. Started on terbutaline and pulmicort on the Uk but it just didn’t do the trick. I moved to the US and was first put on Singulair (Montelukast). This worked great for nighttime wheeziness. And then came the Breo. This stuff if fantastic. No side effects and I have only used a nebulizer once in about 18 months. No rescue inhaler usage at all. I am totally managed on it. Great stuff. I just hope I can get it when I go back to the UK! Also, have been using GSK vouchers to get it free or really cheap."

Lottiearctic December 7, 2017

For Asthma "Took exactly 4 weeks to start working. I was miserable that whole time of waiting. Nebulizer every day, tightness in chest, no energy. Bizarre how I woke up Sunday and I felt normal again! Yay!!!!"

JayBee1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

For Asthma "It's great. Still in the diagnosis stage, but I think I have COPD/asthma. I used to smoke, but my biggest problem is pets, I think. My Dr started me on breo sample, and I haven't had coughing attack or had to use rescue at all since I started. No side effects. Still early, but I'm excited about breathing normal. Amazing what we take for granted sometimes."

Johnboy1963 November 10, 2017

For COPD "Breo eliptica improved my breathing greatly, however the side effects were extreme. I had 2 episodes of double vision, one while driving and extreme back pain to the point when I could not walk."

Ian Scott (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

For COPD "My Dad was put on Breo for his COPD however he had asthma as well. The breo made him worse and the doctor told him it needed to get into his system for it to work properly. Well after being on it for 3 weeks he died!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

For COPD "I have been taking Breo for approx 3 weeks, previously using Atrovent. I have severe COPD. Aged 67. The first day or two it felt excellent was able to breathe easier, but then the side effects started. Tolerated the headaches, bone aches, red eyes, slightly blurred vision sometimes, confusion to start with, severe sinus (was regularly blowing blood from nose), feeling lethargic and depressed, getting cold sweats at night, thirsty, ringing ears, runny nose, but when my face started to swell up that scared me so stopped use, all adverse reactions now stopped after 36 hours. It is great for helping with the breathing, unfortunately side affects are too much. Funny thing breathing has continued to be good after stopped taking"

GrannyJanet (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2017