User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

COPD 12 reviews 38 medications

COPD, Maintenance 4 reviews 46 medications

4.5
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 40 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma "As a National board certified Respiratory therapist and Asthma Educator and having been diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma, I have been using a variety of medications to control my symptoms however, nothing worked for many years. My last prescribed medications were Daliresp* and Symbacort. I have been on them for several years to no control of symptoms. I read about Breo* and asked my Dr. to let me try a sample. After just one week, I finally had relief. After using Breo* for over 4 months now, I can say that this medication is a real miracle to me. I teach COPD and Asthma education to my patients and highly suggest for them to talk with their Dr. about Breo* As of the 4 month mark, I haven't even needed my rescue inhalers once."

Kirsch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

For Asthma "I was put on Breo Ellipta because my asthma is not well controlled on any other medication that I've previously been put on. For the first two weeks or so it gave me a really sore throat but that went away. I haven't had ANY asthma attacks since starting. It's completely stopped any wheezing as well. It's an amazing medication. I went from having several attacks - varying in severity - every day to none at all. It's also free for the first year with a coupon even if you don't have insurance. I'm so thankful for Breo Ellipta. Even if the sore throat wouldve stayed, I wouldn't have stopped using it. The benefits for me far outweigh the cons."

hrpuff September 20, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Intense itching on front and back of torso and arms."

PaulFr September 14, 2016

For COPD "I have struggled with asthma my whole life. I used my inhaler on average 10 times a day. I started Breo it started working right away. By day 3 I noticed that I hadn't used my inhaler all day. Using Breo has given me tremendous relief! I love it and it has seriously given me a better quality of life."

Jenna22 September 7, 2016

For COPD "Since I started using Breo I still need a maintenance dose of 20 mg of prednisone, but I rarely use my rescue inhaler, and my nebulizing has gone from once every 4 hours to once every 8 hours. At Stage 4 COPD, this medication has given me tremendous relief."

Saskew (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

For Asthma "For the past 12 months I have had one bout of sinusitis after another then got influenza. I literally could not leave the house more than once a day for less than an hour without becoming totally fatigued. My GP did not know what to do but finally suggested BREO. I hesitantly agreed then quickly became a supporter of this inhaler. My energy level returned to normal despite marginally improved pulmonary functions. This is my 4th month on BREO, and I have isolated a few side effects: hoarseness & mouth tenderness (both despite rinsing immediately after taking the med) and worsening of GI symptoms. Like others, I am using the coupon from the mfg, or this drug would be too expensive for me. I have a few months to consider next steps."

coachRose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

For Asthma "Ive had asthma since I was 5 and now I'm 42. I've always only used rescue inhalers for most of it and since I've taken this 1x a day I rarely ever use my inhaler and I'm never short of breath. It's apparent that this is not for everyone as I've read some reviews. I have been taking it for 3 months and have never had any side effects. I'm a fan.....actually was given a free 12 month prescription for this and that alone saved me $50-100 a month I'm guessing!"

C M D (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Breo didn't really do anything to help my asthma. On the bright side, there were no side effects."

KeepOnSwimming (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Asthma "My doctor changed my medication from Advair & Ventolin to this new highly recommended medication Breo. This is my second week taken it. I don't need any more Ventolin and I have being used it 2 puffs every 4 hours for the past 25 years. I am taking one puff of Breo every 2-3 days and it works better than anything else that I have being trying on my entire life. Please note: I am eating tons of celery, this vegetable is magic. I think the combination of Breo and celery is amazing and my body is happy. Please don't forget to rinse your mouth immediately after the puffer otherwise you will have other side effects like sore throat."

Breo User July 29, 2016

For COPD "I was excitied to try the Breo Ellipta.. I have severe emphysema & 73 years old.. At first I found that I could breathe longer during the day without using my rescue Proair so much during the day... After 6 days, I found that when excerting myself for a longer period of time, ( grocery shopping) that I would run out of air...My chest felt tight & my Proair didn't seem to rescue me as before...It was a little frightening..."

islandmoon July 23, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works great for me. Took time to work. With relaxing and staying away from chemicals it worked."

Teddy#1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2016

For Asthma "Works well but not sure if I want to keep using it"

Annie23432 July 10, 2016

For Asthma "I was recently diagnosed with bronchial asthma, and prescribed Breo. My hands and feet got stiff. My breathing worsened so that I was gasping after walking from room to room. I had such severe deep muscle ache in the middle of the night that I found myself getting up and trying to stretch, especially my hip and shoulder joints. I'm not big on homeopathy, but I found an herbal remedy called Ridgecrest ClearLungs. Lots of rave reviews on Amazon. It's been two days since I stopped the Breo. My breathing is much better, and I have less generalized weakness and fatigue. (I thought I might have ALS, that's how awful I felt!) I'm taking the ClearLungs (can't hurt) and have stopped the Breo. Caffeine in coffee works for me."

Enyl July 6, 2016

For Asthma "My wife was told to try this. A few days later started having heart racing problems. She went to a cardiologist, he changed her heart meds but still kept happing. We finally looked up the breo side effects and stopped taking it. She hasn't had a problem sence."

Robinjo July 4, 2016

For Asthma "Breo has been nothing short of amazing. I have severe dog and cat allergy. It primarily affected my breathing. Not just when I was around them but for at least a week after every exposure. This made my relationship with my dog loving in law's strained. Simply because I had to leave within an hour of a visit and take their daughter with me. In comes Breo , I saw the ad on TV for a free trial, asked the doctor, he said my insurance didn't cover it, told him about the coupon, he approved. Deep breathing. DEEP BREATHING! I SLEPT AT MY IN LAWS HOME FOR 3 DAYS. NO PROBLEM!!!! CON: you really have to wash your mouth out thoroughly after every use. I've had more canker sores/popped pimple in there than ever. Worth it."

Angelp123 July 4, 2016

For Asthma "Being using Breo for a month and it's working like a treat. I have cut down on the blue puffer by 50% which is great, I don't get a huge lecture from the pharmacist for using my blue puffer frequently, which is good."

DaveGrey June 30, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "my doctor change albuterol to breo ellipta 200/25 i used 6 months. It help but it design for that, i have lot side defect, blood pressure go up from 145/155 to 165 then gain weight from 180 pounds to 190 pounds + start getting boils left and right usually between 4 to 6 weeks on my face 6 times and on my but 4 times .I do not recomended this medication is very expensive then i stop used 2 weeks and i will like proof my doctor those boils is becouse i used thic medicine ,according to my doctor it's not from breo ellipta"

great gatsby (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For Asthma "I've been suffering with asthma for a few years now. I was diagnosed as an adult. Nothing would work for me. I was on so many different medications constantly switching things trying to get something to work. My allergist prescribed breo to me around a month ago. I haven't had any wheezing which is huge for me. No coughing. No shortness of breathe. No runny nose. I can actually sleep through the night. It's the first time in years that I've felt like my lungs can fully fill up with air. It's amazing. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it's caused me to have a constant sore throat. At first I thought I was getting sick but after 2 weeks with no other symptoms I looked it up and saw sore throat is pretty common."

hrpuff (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with allergy induced asthma last year after suffering for many years.Was prescribe Breo Ellipta which worked almost instantly and totally resolved my symptoms. I was ecstatic as it was an absolute miracle drug and all my coughing and tight chest issues were gone! The very unfortunate downside was that I started with severe headaches which literally crippled me. I went off the Breo and the severe headaches stopped, but chesty issues have returned. GP has now put me onto Symbicort to see how that goes. Im so upset that the Breo didn't work out for me as it is truly effective. Would highly recommend it (and hopefully no headaches for you)"

Jann.A (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Tried this for a month and it didn't work nearly as well as my previous medications. Asked doctor to switch me back. Awkward inhaler."

Sdane3 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For COPD "I have tried most all maintance inhalers due to the fact I was using my rescue inhaler way to much throughout the day. After many failed attempts at all the others I was given a sample of breo, not expecting much of a differance, boy was I wrong. I could tell on the 2nd day it was working! I breath soooo much better and can go without my resue ventalin ..HUGE differance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jmsef May 11, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Has made a big improvement in my breathing . Just be sure to rinse your mouth well after using to avoid throat and mouth issues."

Naj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2016

For COPD "At the end of my first month. Thank god for this med!! Breo has been great! Haven't used my nebulizer and rescue inhaler has only been used 2 or 3 times. I am so grateful for the 12 month free prescription as well..no insurance to cover it and I was very very ill. My wheezing is gone and I'm not coughing! It's a miracle :)"

SGK55 May 7, 2016

For Asthma "Horrible headache buzzing in ears terrible rat poison back to sybacourt"

triedandtrue May 3, 2016

For COPD "I have been on prednisone 21 years non stop for a still unknown lung condition. I have tried so many different meds, specialists, treatments, etc. No matter what I still coughed, wheezed, couldn't breathe. The best combo so far was 20-30mg prednisone daily and Advair 500/50. I have not been able to get off prednisone for 21 years. If I tried, I ended up in the hospital within 48hrs. My insurance quit covering Advair, so my dr prescribed Breo. I am now on day 7 of NO PREDNISONE! Seven days! I am ecstatic! 21 years of prednisone has wrecked havoc on my body, but I havent taken it in 7 days! And I even took my dog for a walk yesterday! I dont know how its working when nothing else has, but it is!"

Boobear73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016