User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

COPD 13 reviews 38 medications

COPD, Maintenance 5 reviews 46 medications

5.2
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 48 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been worked fine for me at first during the first few months, However, now I'm having several asthma attacks during the day and at night as well. I'm going back to the doctor to try something else."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2017

For Asthma "Started on Breo in May 2016 and loved the relief it provided. I'm currently off this med for 3 weeks (Dec 2016) in an effort to determine if Breo is responsible for my disabling joint and muscle pain which began 1 month into taking it. I used Breo from May to December during which time the pain intensified and migrated to points in all 4 extremities. I have consulted orthopedics and I am currently sering a rheumatologist. I stopped Breo 21 days ago and have improved daily since. I'm convinced that Breo is the cause of my inflamation and pain and I will never take it again. It's unfortunate. It was truly effective but the side effects are absolutely unbearable."

Ruey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2016

For COPD "I was put on Breo and was amazed on how well I felt but it didn't last long. My symptoms were getting worse and it wasn't until I had wisdom teeth pulled that I realized that Breo was making me worse. After having my wisdom teeth pulled out I was scared to use my inhaler. I was told no straws because the sucking in cold pull stitches out so the day after I didn't use Breo the next day I couldn't belive how well I could breath and each day was even better. I was using my rescue inhaler once every 4/5 hours and I felt good so even though at first Breo seemed good over time it didn't agree with me. I'm seeing my respitalogist next week to see what's next for me as the rescue inhaler is not enough."

Brrenna December 15, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine worked well in the beginning but I quickly built up a tolerance to it.It is now not working so well after a month.Now I am getting severe tightness in the chest a few times a day while still using it.Not only that,I am cramped up now all the time with severe thigh and lower leg cramps shoulder spasms and neck terrible pain.The fatigue is crippling and intolerable. My life has become a misery.I will go back to the Dr. and ask to be put on something else.This is the cure?Ha!"

Pearlymae Peanuts December 8, 2016

For Asthma "Been on this inhaler for a month and a half. I'm on ventolin as well. I have experienced stabbing chest pains in my heart but at the moment I was also on Prednisone 20mg 3x a day, so I stopped the breo for a couple days and the chest pains stopped. It was too much steroids in my system. I had boils on my lips, acne on face, rash on legs, breast, sore tongue, muscle cramps and now worst of all neck pain so awefull it hurts while sleeping. The good news is that it did help with my asthma. With one dose my lungs immediately open up. I only needed it every two days. The pain in neck feels like whiplash, don't think I'm going to continue using it. The pain is too unbearable."

Tired of Asthma (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am not sure if this product is the cause. However my mood has gone slowly down since using it. I am so fear full of falling into a depression, having gone through a very difficult time with depression during the late 90's and early 2000,s. so I will consult my Pulmonary dr. Before continuing."

Windybreeze (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Improved my asthma symptoms quickly but the side effects made it unusable. Improved lung function within a day or two but had severe muscle spasms first in my right trapezius . Didn't relate it to drug at first so went to dr and started muscle relaxers and inflammation reduction meds. Unable to turn head at all by day 3 and not able to sleep because of pain. Discontinued Breo and symptoms were better within a few days. Restarted Breo a week later and had muscle spasm in upper thighs and neck by day two. I really liked the effect for my lungs but the pain and lack of function are not bearable."

Mom of five (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Breo along with Incruse has improved by breathing ten fold! I am so happy to be feeling better . Free Co-Pay from both companies"

Ree1963 September 29, 2016

For Asthma "As a National board certified Respiratory therapist and Asthma Educator and having been diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma, I have been using a variety of medications to control my symptoms however, nothing worked for many years. My last prescribed medications were Daliresp* and Symbacort. I have been on them for several years to no control of symptoms. I read about Breo* and asked my Dr. to let me try a sample. After just one week, I finally had relief. After using Breo* for over 4 months now, I can say that this medication is a real miracle to me. I teach COPD and Asthma education to my patients and highly suggest for them to talk with their Dr. about Breo* As of the 4 month mark, I haven't even needed my rescue inhalers once."

Kirsch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

For Asthma "I was put on Breo Ellipta because my asthma is not well controlled on any other medication that I've previously been put on. For the first two weeks or so it gave me a really sore throat but that went away. I haven't had ANY asthma attacks since starting. It's completely stopped any wheezing as well. It's an amazing medication. I went from having several attacks - varying in severity - every day to none at all. It's also free for the first year with a coupon even if you don't have insurance. I'm so thankful for Breo Ellipta. Even if the sore throat wouldve stayed, I wouldn't have stopped using it. The benefits for me far outweigh the cons."

hrpuff September 20, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Intense itching on front and back of torso and arms."

PaulFr September 14, 2016

For COPD "I have struggled with asthma my whole life. I used my inhaler on average 10 times a day. I started Breo it started working right away. By day 3 I noticed that I hadn't used my inhaler all day. Using Breo has given me tremendous relief! I love it and it has seriously given me a better quality of life."

Jenna22 September 7, 2016

For COPD "Since I started using Breo I still need a maintenance dose of 20 mg of prednisone, but I rarely use my rescue inhaler, and my nebulizing has gone from once every 4 hours to once every 8 hours. At Stage 4 COPD, this medication has given me tremendous relief."

Saskew (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

For Asthma "For the past 12 months I have had one bout of sinusitis after another then got influenza. I literally could not leave the house more than once a day for less than an hour without becoming totally fatigued. My GP did not know what to do but finally suggested BREO. I hesitantly agreed then quickly became a supporter of this inhaler. My energy level returned to normal despite marginally improved pulmonary functions. This is my 4th month on BREO, and I have isolated a few side effects: hoarseness & mouth tenderness (both despite rinsing immediately after taking the med) and worsening of GI symptoms. Like others, I am using the coupon from the mfg, or this drug would be too expensive for me. I have a few months to consider next steps."

coachRose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

For Asthma "Ive had asthma since I was 5 and now I'm 42. I've always only used rescue inhalers for most of it and since I've taken this 1x a day I rarely ever use my inhaler and I'm never short of breath. It's apparent that this is not for everyone as I've read some reviews. I have been taking it for 3 months and have never had any side effects. I'm a fan.....actually was given a free 12 month prescription for this and that alone saved me $50-100 a month I'm guessing!"

C M D (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Breo didn't really do anything to help my asthma. On the bright side, there were no side effects."

KeepOnSwimming (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Asthma "My doctor changed my medication from Advair & Ventolin to this new highly recommended medication Breo. This is my second week taken it. I don't need any more Ventolin and I have being used it 2 puffs every 4 hours for the past 25 years. I am taking one puff of Breo every 2-3 days and it works better than anything else that I have being trying on my entire life. Please note: I am eating tons of celery, this vegetable is magic. I think the combination of Breo and celery is amazing and my body is happy. Please don't forget to rinse your mouth immediately after the puffer otherwise you will have other side effects like sore throat."

Breo User July 29, 2016

For COPD "I was excitied to try the Breo Ellipta.. I have severe emphysema & 73 years old.. At first I found that I could breathe longer during the day without using my rescue Proair so much during the day... After 6 days, I found that when excerting myself for a longer period of time, ( grocery shopping) that I would run out of air...My chest felt tight & my Proair didn't seem to rescue me as before...It was a little frightening..."

islandmoon July 23, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works great for me. Took time to work. With relaxing and staying away from chemicals it worked."

Teddy#1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2016

For Asthma "Works well but not sure if I want to keep using it"

Annie23432 July 10, 2016

For Asthma "I was recently diagnosed with bronchial asthma, and prescribed Breo. My hands and feet got stiff. My breathing worsened so that I was gasping after walking from room to room. I had such severe deep muscle ache in the middle of the night that I found myself getting up and trying to stretch, especially my hip and shoulder joints. I'm not big on homeopathy, but I found an herbal remedy called Ridgecrest ClearLungs. Lots of rave reviews on Amazon. It's been two days since I stopped the Breo. My breathing is much better, and I have less generalized weakness and fatigue. (I thought I might have ALS, that's how awful I felt!) I'm taking the ClearLungs (can't hurt) and have stopped the Breo. Caffeine in coffee works for me."

Enyl July 6, 2016

For Asthma "My wife was told to try this. A few days later started having heart racing problems. She went to a cardiologist, he changed her heart meds but still kept happing. We finally looked up the breo side effects and stopped taking it. She hasn't had a problem sence."

Robinjo July 4, 2016

For Asthma "Breo has been nothing short of amazing. I have severe dog and cat allergy. It primarily affected my breathing. Not just when I was around them but for at least a week after every exposure. This made my relationship with my dog loving in law's strained. Simply because I had to leave within an hour of a visit and take their daughter with me. In comes Breo , I saw the ad on TV for a free trial, asked the doctor, he said my insurance didn't cover it, told him about the coupon, he approved. Deep breathing. DEEP BREATHING! I SLEPT AT MY IN LAWS HOME FOR 3 DAYS. NO PROBLEM!!!! CON: you really have to wash your mouth out thoroughly after every use. I've had more canker sores/popped pimple in there than ever. Worth it."

Angelp123 July 4, 2016

For Asthma "Being using Breo for a month and it's working like a treat. I have cut down on the blue puffer by 50% which is great, I don't get a huge lecture from the pharmacist for using my blue puffer frequently, which is good."

DaveGrey June 30, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "my doctor change albuterol to breo ellipta 200/25 i used 6 months. It help but it design for that, i have lot side defect, blood pressure go up from 145/155 to 165 then gain weight from 180 pounds to 190 pounds + start getting boils left and right usually between 4 to 6 weeks on my face 6 times and on my but 4 times .I do not recomended this medication is very expensive then i stop used 2 weeks and i will like proof my doctor those boils is becouse i used thic medicine ,according to my doctor it's not from breo ellipta"

great gatsby (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016