User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

Asthma, Maintenance 1 reviews 116 medications

COPD, Maintenance 3 reviews 44 medications

4.3
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 30 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works great for me. Took time to work. With relaxing and staying away from chemicals it worked."

Teddy#1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2016

For Asthma "Works well but not sure if I want to keep using it"

Annie23432 July 10, 2016

For Asthma "I was recently diagnosed with bronchial asthma, and prescribed Breo. My hands and feet got stiff. My breathing worsened so that I was gasping after walking from room to room. I had such severe deep muscle ache in the middle of the night that I found myself getting up and trying to stretch, especially my hip and shoulder joints. I'm not big on homeopathy, but I found an herbal remedy called Ridgecrest ClearLungs. Lots of rave reviews on Amazon. It's been two days since I stopped the Breo. My breathing is much better, and I have less generalized weakness and fatigue. (I thought I might have ALS, that's how awful I felt!) I'm taking the ClearLungs (can't hurt) and have stopped the Breo. Caffeine in coffee works for me."

Enyl July 6, 2016

For Asthma "My wife was told to try this. A few days later started having heart racing problems. She went to a cardiologist, he changed her heart meds but still kept happing. We finally looked up the breo side effects and stopped taking it. She hasn't had a problem sence."

Robinjo July 4, 2016

For Asthma "Breo has been nothing short of amazing. I have severe dog and cat allergy. It primarily affected my breathing. Not just when I was around them but for at least a week after every exposure. This made my relationship with my dog loving in law's strained. Simply because I had to leave within an hour of a visit and take their daughter with me. In comes Breo , I saw the ad on TV for a free trial, asked the doctor, he said my insurance didn't cover it, told him about the coupon, he approved. Deep breathing. DEEP BREATHING! I SLEPT AT MY IN LAWS HOME FOR 3 DAYS. NO PROBLEM!!!! CON: you really have to wash your mouth out thoroughly after every use. I've had more canker sores/popped pimple in there than ever. Worth it."

Angelp123 July 4, 2016

For Asthma "Being using Breo for a month and it's working like a treat. I have cut down on the blue puffer by 50% which is great, I don't get a huge lecture from the pharmacist for using my blue puffer frequently, which is good."

DaveGrey June 30, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "my doctor change albuterol to breo ellipta 200/25 i used 6 months. It help but it design for that, i have lot side defect, blood pressure go up from 145/155 to 165 then gain weight from 180 pounds to 190 pounds + start getting boils left and right usually between 4 to 6 weeks on my face 6 times and on my but 4 times .I do not recomended this medication is very expensive then i stop used 2 weeks and i will like proof my doctor those boils is becouse i used thic medicine ,according to my doctor it's not from breo ellipta"

great gatsby (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For Asthma "I've been suffering with asthma for a few years now. I was diagnosed as an adult. Nothing would work for me. I was on so many different medications constantly switching things trying to get something to work. My allergist prescribed breo to me around a month ago. I haven't had any wheezing which is huge for me. No coughing. No shortness of breathe. No runny nose. I can actually sleep through the night. It's the first time in years that I've felt like my lungs can fully fill up with air. It's amazing. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it's caused me to have a constant sore throat. At first I thought I was getting sick but after 2 weeks with no other symptoms I looked it up and saw sore throat is pretty common."

hrpuff (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with allergy induced asthma last year after suffering for many years.Was prescribe Breo Ellipta which worked almost instantly and totally resolved my symptoms. I was ecstatic as it was an absolute miracle drug and all my coughing and tight chest issues were gone! The very unfortunate downside was that I started with severe headaches which literally crippled me. I went off the Breo and the severe headaches stopped, but chesty issues have returned. GP has now put me onto Symbicort to see how that goes. Im so upset that the Breo didn't work out for me as it is truly effective. Would highly recommend it (and hopefully no headaches for you)"

Jann.A (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Tried this for a month and it didn't work nearly as well as my previous medications. Asked doctor to switch me back. Awkward inhaler."

Sdane3 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For COPD "I have tried most all maintance inhalers due to the fact I was using my rescue inhaler way to much throughout the day. After many failed attempts at all the others I was given a sample of breo, not expecting much of a differance, boy was I wrong. I could tell on the 2nd day it was working! I breath soooo much better and can go without my resue ventalin ..HUGE differance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jmsef May 11, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Has made a big improvement in my breathing . Just be sure to rinse your mouth well after using to avoid throat and mouth issues."

Naj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2016

For COPD "At the end of my first month. Thank god for this med!! Breo has been great! Haven't used my nebulizer and rescue inhaler has only been used 2 or 3 times. I am so grateful for the 12 month free prescription as well..no insurance to cover it and I was very very ill. My wheezing is gone and I'm not coughing! It's a miracle :)"

SGK55 May 7, 2016

For Asthma "Horrible headache buzzing in ears terrible rat poison back to sybacourt"

triedandtrue May 3, 2016

For COPD "I have been on prednisone 21 years non stop for a still unknown lung condition. I have tried so many different meds, specialists, treatments, etc. No matter what I still coughed, wheezed, couldn't breathe. The best combo so far was 20-30mg prednisone daily and Advair 500/50. I have not been able to get off prednisone for 21 years. If I tried, I ended up in the hospital within 48hrs. My insurance quit covering Advair, so my dr prescribed Breo. I am now on day 7 of NO PREDNISONE! Seven days! I am ecstatic! 21 years of prednisone has wrecked havoc on my body, but I havent taken it in 7 days! And I even took my dog for a walk yesterday! I dont know how its working when nothing else has, but it is!"

Boobear73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

For Asthma "After having asthma my whole life and trying EVERY treatment for it, herbal or otherwise, I thought I had found my miracle. But after a day or two, my throat started hurting and I thought I was getting sick. I am convinced it is The Breo. I would rather use my Albuterol rescue inhaler 3 to 4 times a day than feel like I can't swallow. I had an even worse experience with Symbicort. It made my breathing worse. Breo did work, so for the 1 week I used it for, no asthma attack ,no nebulizer or inhaler, so this is why I give it 7 stars. But I cannot put up with the sore throat. I don't even wanna eat."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Asthma "24 years old, lifetime asthmatic, I was on seretide purple puffer but I was switched to breo 3 weeks ago. I barely ever use my inhaler and it feels like my asthma is gone with no side effects. I highly recommend giving this a shot."

Hamstyle April 3, 2016

For Asthma "My breathing has improved; however, I have had voice side effects. I lost my voice and started feeling sick with an upper respiratory illness approximately a week after starting Breo. I thought I was sick until I took a full dose of antibiotic and nothing changed."

Ziwalker (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Asthma "I have been using Advare for 10 years & my doctor decided to switch me up. I have been feeling weak, having headaches, dizzy & like my vision is not tracking with my eyes. Also I have been EXTREMELY sensitive to light ever since I started taking this. Called my Dr today & begged them to put me back on Advare."

Briegamble February 8, 2016

For Asthma "I am a 48 year old women who has had Asthma my whole life. I have been on Symbicort and Advair but still had to use my rescue inhaler several times on a daily basis. I started Breo Ellipta in October of last year, and have only had to use my rescue inhaler once, and that was the day after I started Breo. I absolutely love it, no more use of a rescue inhaler or nebulizer, and most important no side effects. We have horses and every time I would go out there with them it would make my Asthma flare up. I can now go out and spend the whole day right beside them with no problem. My doctor said this is the best he has ever heard my lungs sound. I would highly recommend it."

SaundraC (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For COPD "I have used Breo for 1 month now and must day.... WOW.. I can give up my nebulizer which was every 4 hours ..yes nightly also... once a day... almost normal again. ps.. Breo is new... I had to tell my MD about it.. she gave me a 12 month free trial prescription card...... hope this helps!"

JoeGailey January 16, 2016

For Asthma "Body aches, fever, chest pain, heavy chest, problems breathing, stomach pain."

Chuck Allen January 2, 2016

For Asthma "Breo for asthma is once daily. Cutting dosing in half made sense and the medication did work. The device is much easier to use. I would suggest others ask doctors or research this one."

Steven w Smith December 22, 2015

For Asthma "I could breathe better, but I lost my sense of smell"

haeff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

For Asthma "I was changed to Breo almost 3 months ago, after being on Advair 100/50 for 14 years. My Dr changed it, because he felt that Breo would be less steroid in my body. Well, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." My breathing got worse, and it is a struggle to take a deep breath. I had to use my rescue inhaler 2-3 times a day, this past month, when with Advair, I'd only use it 1-2 times ayear. I constantly felt like someone was choking me, or that my lungs wouldn't inflate fully, & I'd have heart palpitations when I'd lay down, & would wake me from sleep. A recent CT scan showed bibasilar atelectasis, whereas another done prior to Breo this year, didn't show that finding. I started back on my Advair today. I hope it still works for me now."

Leilani Shannon October 29, 2015