User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

COPD, Maintenance
5.2

Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 6.5 99 reviews

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma "I made the mistake of buying 90 day supply of Breo. It gives me a sore throat back where it hits when I inhale. My allergist even asked me about this irritation. Now I have an asthma attack and I can’t get better because my throat is so sore. I believe that it is not doing its job so I'm going back on the old tried and true. The steroid inhaler that has one rx in it and I don’t have to throw out after 6 weeks. It also costs less."

Gogogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Asthma "I have been on Breo for a week now and I have totally forgotten that I have asthma. I have been battling for 3 years trying to find a steroid inhaler that actually helps with my symptoms. Before Breo, I was going through a rescue inhaler every 14 days even while being on other long lasting puffers. I feel like I have my life back. No more wheezing or tightness. My breathing is back to what is was before asthma. I have not experienced any bad side effects as of yet. I also like that this is a puffer I only have to take once a day in the morning when I wake up."

Janelliebean (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Sore throat, runny nose, coughing up phlegm. Improved my spirometry test score. Don't like side effects"

Mjo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I took BREO Ellipta for about 8 months and trailed off, which my doctor actually said was probably a good decision on my part. I just didn’t feel like I needed it as much. I was struggling with breathing paired with another health issue, so I went to see my pulmonologist. He put me back on BREO for a 1 month trial... and 4 days later I’d broken out in itchy hives. I assumed this was from something else, so my doctor gave me steroids to take. I finished my steroids 3 days ago and my rash is worse than ever and still worsening. I don’t know what else it could be.... Has anybody ever had this issue?!!"

Aubrey (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Asthma "The first couple days this felt like a miracle drug, like I never had asthma at all. The next few days, it only worked for about half the day, and now I can't tell if it's doing anything at all. I've also begun having frequent dizziness, low-grade headaches, constant hunger, sharp pain in my teeth, pain in my back, shoulders, and neck so severe that I sometimes can't even sit down, shooting pains in my legs and ankles, weakness, fatigue, constant stomach cramping, strange sensations in my eyes and vision issues (my eyeballs feel swollen inside and I keep thinking I see smoke), a welt on my lower face, and tiny spots of blood under my skin that look like I've been pricked with a needle all over my body. I was trying to wait it out until my next appointment, but I just can't stand it anymore, I'm quitting it today."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Asthma "Referred to a lung specialist after a flu gave me a bad cough for over 5 months. Diagnosed with asthma. Received a sample of Breo 100. It definitely helped with the over abundance of mucus. But after a week developed insomnia, just couldn't stay asleep. Felt that irritable nervous feeling. I've decided to stop using the inhaler, now to wait for a good nights sleep."

Babygirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Asthma "I've had asthma for 38 years. I've been life flighted 3 times for it and have hospitalized at least 50 times and spent time in ICU. As I got older it did not go away but did improve. My Dr gave me a sample of Breo and I've never had relief like this. It's the best inhaler of all time. I don't care if it comes out in 10 years that it was lethal. It helps me breath now."

Chad (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2018

For Asthma "COPD,ASTHMA. Use of Breo 1x, I ended up in ER. Breo opened airways well, but hours after 1st use is when my 3 hr long ordeal began. With no warning I began shaking, having SOB, chest pain, sweating, headache, my blood pressure jumped to 200/120. I literally felt like I was dying. It was like I drank 5 pots of caffeine that all kicked in at once. My heart was pounding, racing & it was hard to breath. Took nitro before going to ER which lowered the high blood pressure some, but didn't stop the rest. ER tests negative for it being a heart attack, major respiratory prob., a stroke, a nervous breakdown, impeding death-(lol which I swear is what it literally felt like at the time), or anything other than a very bad reaction to Breo. Back home had muscle spasms in my legs. Feel horrible still today, totally drained of energy, hurt all over from traumatic experience my body went through last night, but I'm still much better than I was last night. I won't take Breo again, EVER."

CJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Asthma "My nebulizer and my rescue inhaler were working but my pulmonologist wanted to wean me from both. Two days after starting Breo ellipta I started a wracking cough with ample sputum, sore throat, irritated sinuses, headache, nasal congestion, chest tightness, and unable to take a deep breath. I thought it was the flu or a bad cold and continued using it for a week while symptoms got worse. Doctor said I could also use the nebulizer if necessary, but found out the nebulizer nor the rescue inhaler had any effect while using Breo. Doctor stopped the Breo and in 36 hours all side effects disappeared except the cough which is definitely better. Will not take again."

Flu (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Asthma "I have moderate asthma, have tried several of the two-component inhalers to keep it under control. Dulera was for a time my go-to, it worked much better than Advair. However each time I was on Dulera for more than a few months I invariably developed a really bad bronchial infection. My doctor them put me on Symbicort, which worked well. We moved, I changed doctors. He pushed Breo, which I dutifully switched to. After six months of using it my findings were that Breo does absolutely nothing for me. It's as if I wasn't taking anything. I switched back to Symbicort and noticed (again) major improvement in my breathing and reduction of mucous. I'm staying with Symbicort for now."

Neil in NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2018

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with moderate persistent asthma un complicated,as per my spirometry test from a pulmonary specialist. He prescribed Breo Ellipta 200 mcg vilentrol 25mcg. During use of once a day I always had a hoarse voice, which eventually became laryngitis I stopped the Breo ,and all side effects were gone. I've always had seasonal allergies all my life. I do not get the wheezing or coughing or lack of breathing. I only get a rapid breathing on exercise or over working, which albuterol inhaler stops. My absolute eusinophils were always high, for the past 4 years. My pulmonary specialist said to see me in six months?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I started using breo about 6 weeks ago. It really opens me, but I cough so much junk up all the time. It dries my mouth up, I get thrush. It affects my voice. I have so many other health issues that it is hard for me to tell about any other side affects. Will be talking to my doc when I go back in 2 weeks."

Lambchop May 17, 2018

For COPD "I used Breo one time only. It felt like I had drunk five cups of coffee. This medicine thoroughly effected my nervous system. I can't live like I'm drugged up for two seconds. I would rather take a short acting inhaler than feel drugged all the time. Breo is not for me."

Mike M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Asthma "I've been taking Breo for almost 6 months , worked great, worked so good I would take it every other day instead of once per day. As of last week I've been having blurred vision in my left eye, distorted colors, large black spots, the eye is pretty much useless as of now. I went to an eye doctor, I have Central serous retinopathy, it's pretty much a fluid buildup behind the retina, apparently caused by steroids which is one of the ingredients in Breo, needless to say, I stopped taking Breo. I'm sure I'm a rare case, but just wanted to share"

Eye sight (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I just started on this 3 days ago. My pulmonary doctor gave me 3 months worth of samples. Within the first 5 minutes of taking it I could take a full deep breath without it hurting to breath in. I have more energy during the day, and feel like I have gotten my life back. I did notice some minor back pain, but nothing I cannot deal with."

PK (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Asthma "Breo Ellpta made my asthma disappear. Great huh? Not so. I became extremely fatigued and would not leave the house anymore.I previously had been taking exercise classes 3 X a week and stopped them all. I was never able to go back. Breo made an old lady of me. Stopped after a few weeks of taking it."

carolesper (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For COPD "Cough became better 1st week, by 2nd week it worsened, muscles ached the 1st week & continued to throughout use, as well as in the AM my joints were very stiff! By the 3rd week I had a continuous sore throat & couldn't wear my rings and my shoes were cutting into my feet and were red! My eyes began to burn & my nose swelled, turning bright red, like a triangle, the redness faded after 24 hrs! My family complained that I was miserable & I felt angry daily by the 3rd week and my eczema flared up and I developed intense scalp itching. When I experienced stomach cramps on & off over 3 weeks and was constantly hungry I knew this wasn't a coincidence! I have asthma, COPD, & Bronchitis"

Wms (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Asthma "My experiences with BREO elipta 200/25 have been really really good. Was skeptical at first because it was a free sample given to me by my doctor to try first so I guess they are getting kick backs from BREO, but all in all it worked out great. From really wheezy most mornings to now practically nothing at all and breathing normally, actually breathing better than I have ever before. I didn't realise how restricted my breathing really was until I used it. You do have to wash your mouth out and gargle water straight after use though. I seem to be one of the lucky ones too with no associated symptoms at all. Day and night difference for me and worked immediately."

Jeremy (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "After disproving 2 similar medications and having 2 asthma attacks while. On CPAP at night, my Dr prescribed Breo Ellipta. Almost immediately a heaviness in my chest disappeared. One thing I did notice is for me it dries my mouth out terribly even after rinsing but I am so happy to find something that I can have confidence in!"

Eric (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed this to help control my Asthma Symptoms. My condition has complications so the steroid component was supposed to really help. I give this a 5/10 because it really seemed to help with the asthma: I never reached a point where I was short of breath but it almost made my lungs a little wetter. I found I was continually coughing up small amounts of phlegm with an annoying cough. Even after months of taking this medication. The only other side-effect I experienced was a bit of the jitters (like drinking too much coffee) for about 10-15 min after taking a dose. I should point out that this medication comes in a very practical package and is very easy to dose. It is however very expensive if you do not have insurance."

Chris M Calgary (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For COPD "Breo works extremely well. I still get out of breath in stressful moments or venturing out and about. But the results are very good. I have suggested other COPD patients look into this medicine."

JLH (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2018

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with mild persistent asthma. I had been using asmanax and singulair but neither stopped my coughing or wheezing. My allergist wanted to begin nucala injections since I also have elevated eosinophils but I was afraid of potential carcinogenicity. I went to a pulmonologist who told me I was not a candidate for Nucala and prescribed Breo 3 weeks ago. The results have been tremendous, NO coughing or wheezing like I had been experiencing for the last 7 months despite taking the other meds. No other side effects that I Can tell so far. I highly recommend Breo."

gary February 25, 2018

For Asthma "I am a healthy 42 who has had severe asthma since I was 11yrs old. Struggled all my life to successfully prevent attacks. Was prescribed Breo about 18 months ago and I’ve not had to use my blue ventolin inhaler since. Truly superb and no side effects -can’t believe it. Has changed my life I can fully breath in and out for the first time in 30 years!!"

Happy Canadian (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine has worked wonders for me, completely eliminating the need to take the other 3 asthma medications I take (including my fast acting inhaler). I didn’t have trouble sleeping at night due to breathing issues and I didn’t have sudden attacks at work or while doing physical activities. I cannot give this medication all stars because of the ridiculous price of the medicine. I am a single mother and cannot afford health insurance for myself and I somehow don’t qualify for any assistance. I am shocked that this one life changing medication is almost half of what my monthly rent is. Simply put I cannot afford this medicine and therefore continue to take breathing treatments 3 times a day and burn through my albuterol inhalers at work and exercising. I find it absurd that you can get prescriptions that people abuse and/or sale illegally for nothing and I can’t afford and inhaler so I can live a normal life. I will also note I don’t smoke and I eat healthy and exercise."

BaliseB January 29, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Updating after one year. Its still cut my rescue inhaler usage by less than half. One month supply of the rescue will last three. HOWEVER your immune system will be completely shot. It is worth it if you have asthma like mine. I suggest keeping up with your allergy medicine to keep sinus infections away and I'm looking into an immunity booster. Vitamin C doesn't cut it. My only other complaint is it will mess with your vocal chords. The best part about this is when I did get sick with bronchitis, I could still breathe even with all the coughing and wheezing. It will definitely keep those airways open."

Elnemer January 24, 2018