User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

COPD

COPD, Maintenance
5.2

Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 6.4 77 reviews

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma "I am a healthy 42 who has had severe asthma since I was 11yrs old. Struggled all my life to successfully prevent attacks. Was prescribed Breo about 18 months ago and I’ve not had to use my blue ventolin inhaler since. Truly superb and no side effects -can’t believe it. Has changed my life I can fully breath in and out for the first time in 30 years!!"

Happy Canadian (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine has worked wonders for me, completely eliminating the need to take the other 3 asthma medications I take (including my fast acting inhaler). I didn’t have trouble sleeping at night due to breathing issues and I didn’t have sudden attacks at work or while doing physical activities. I cannot give this medication all stars because of the ridiculous price of the medicine. I am a single mother and cannot afford health insurance for myself and I somehow don’t qualify for any assistance. I am shocked that this one life changing medication is almost half of what my monthly rent is. Simply put I cannot afford this medicine and therefore continue to take breathing treatments 3 times a day and burn through my albuterol inhalers at work and exercising. I find it absurd that you can get prescriptions that people abuse and/or sale illegally for nothing and I can’t afford and inhaler so I can live a normal life. I will also note I don’t smoke and I eat healthy and exercise."

BaliseB January 29, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Updating after one year. Its still cut my rescue inhaler usage by less than half. One month supply of the rescue will last three. HOWEVER your immune system will be completely shot. It is worth it if you have asthma like mine. I suggest keeping up with your allergy medicine to keep sinus infections away and I'm looking into an immunity booster. Vitamin C doesn't cut it. My only other complaint is it will mess with your vocal chords. The best part about this is when I did get sick with bronchitis, I could still breathe even with all the coughing and wheezing. It will definitely keep those airways open."

Elnemer January 24, 2018

For Asthma "Wheezing constantly, hungry for air, fatigue, tremors, weakness on exertion, anxiety, back pain, swollen glands, earaches and sinus trouble. Only relief is Benadryl. Am I allergic to this med? Waiting for the Dr. to call - can't take any more."

maggierae January 22, 2018

For Asthma "Started Breo Ellipta 200/25 and my symptoms were so much worse for about a week. Med than began to help. I had this weird headache every day, which was annoying. But after taking it for 2 months, I just suddenly, out of the blue, my symptoms came back (lung pain radiating into back, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm getting enough air, but not enough oxygen. I DO like that you only have to use this once a day!"

Backpacker (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been on 100 dose for quite some time. Recently switched to 200 dose. Jacked my blood pressure and heart rate up. Stopped drug. Will try to go back on 100 dose or find something else."

Breo User January 14, 2018

For Asthma "Just took it for the first time, it's burning and stabbing in my chest I feel like I'm having a heart attack. My oxygen/pulse was 98/99 now 85/145. Think I'm going to go to the ER now"

Kaleetan (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2018

For Asthma "I was diagnosed with asthma in August 2014. I got it due to living with a smoker who smoked indoors and through the night. There were cats and the house was being decorated so my asthma kicked in. Started on terbutaline and pulmicort on the Uk but it just didn’t do the trick. I moved to the US and was first put on Singulair (Montelukast). This worked great for nighttime wheeziness. And then came the Breo. This stuff if fantastic. No side effects and I have only used a nebulizer once in about 18 months. No rescue inhaler usage at all. I am totally managed on it. Great stuff. I just hope I can get it when I go back to the UK! Also, have been using GSK vouchers to get it free or really cheap."

Lottiearctic December 7, 2017

For Asthma "Took exactly 4 weeks to start working. I was miserable that whole time of waiting. Nebulizer every day, tightness in chest, no energy. Bizarre how I woke up Sunday and I felt normal again! Yay!!!!"

JayBee1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

For Asthma "It's great. Still in the diagnosis stage, but I think I have COPD/asthma. I used to smoke, but my biggest problem is pets, I think. My Dr started me on breo sample, and I haven't had coughing attack or had to use rescue at all since I started. No side effects. Still early, but I'm excited about breathing normal. Amazing what we take for granted sometimes."

Johnboy1963 November 10, 2017

For COPD "Breo eliptica improved my breathing greatly, however the side effects were extreme. I had 2 episodes of double vision, one while driving and extreme back pain to the point when I could not walk."

Ian Scott (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

For COPD "My Dad was put on Breo for his COPD however he had asthma as well. The breo made him worse and the doctor told him it needed to get into his system for it to work properly. Well after being on it for 3 weeks he died!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

For COPD "I have been taking Breo for approx 3 weeks, previously using Atrovent. I have severe COPD. Aged 67. The first day or two it felt excellent was able to breathe easier, but then the side effects started. Tolerated the headaches, bone aches, red eyes, slightly blurred vision sometimes, confusion to start with, severe sinus (was regularly blowing blood from nose), feeling lethargic and depressed, getting cold sweats at night, thirsty, ringing ears, runny nose, but when my face started to swell up that scared me so stopped use, all adverse reactions now stopped after 36 hours. It is great for helping with the breathing, unfortunately side affects are too much. Funny thing breathing has continued to be good after stopped taking"

GrannyJanet (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2017

For COPD "I have been on BREO for a short time and already can feel the difference with it. I am not as short winded as I was and don't have to use my inhaler as much as before maybe 2 time a day.. I am glad my Doctor put me on it."

K>I>S>S> October 13, 2017

For Asthma "I'm 41 and was diagnosed with Asthma at 12 yo. For as long as I can remember I had to have my rescue inhaler with me at all times, usually needing it 1-2 times daily. After about a month of using Breo I already noticed a huge improvement. As of now, and almost a year of use, I've only used my inhaler 5-6 times TOTAL. It's amazing to feel like I can breathe for the first time in my life! 3 weeks ago I climbed up Mt Fuji in Japan. Something I never ever thought I would be able to do!"

PriscillaBreoReview August 22, 2017

For Asthma "Hi Everyone, My doctor recommended 24-hours Breo to replace my Adaviar 250/50. In the first 4 days of taking Breo, I experienced most of the side affects of Breo (fever, chest infection, cough, mouth pain, excessive discharge, runny nose, sore throat, headache, back pain). I stopped taking Breo and went back to Advair. Will wait and see when the medication is improved. Thanks, Raed"

Reed M. August 1, 2017

For Asthma "Tried Breo for the first time a few months ago to treat my asthma and COPD. I'm pretty young at 33, and having to deal with 2 respiratory issues. Previously on Symbicort Inhaler and have been for the past 13 odd years. Breo worked well initially.. But then I had an attack, and reached for my rescue. Being a young professional raising 2 kids on my own, I do tend to forget taking my preventer. Liked the idea of once a day, and worked well when I remembered to take it... however, it got to the point where I was having more attacks than ever before. I was put back onto Symbicort Inhaler.. I can take it when I have an attack, and it works faster than my rescue in my opinion. Doc reckons there's a built in redundancy for my forgetfulness."

Cough me guts out.. July 17, 2017

For Asthma "I have suffered from asthma for over 20 years, almost died twice. I have been on all types of inhalers yet nothing seemed to work. I finally was put on Dulera which was better than other inhalers I have experienced but it was too expensive. So I saw the commercial about Breo and told my Doctor about it. My Doctor checked the ingredients and found they were similar. So I have been on Breo for about 9 months now and I finally see what it is to not have asthma. I have not had any Astoma attacks since being on the medication. On top of that, I have seasonal asthma and I have not had any flares ups either. This inhaler saved my life and I have had not had any side effects! Truly Amazing!! The best out there!"

The Best Inhaler Ever!!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was put on two meds at the same time, so I had a difficult time deciding which drug was messing with me. ie -- inflammation so bad that it created facial hot break outs on my face, lips. I experienced increase in heart rate and shakes. I went off Breo on the 5th of June and stayed on my other drug for diabetics.. Everything settled down and my normal self returned. This morning I decide to reintroduce my Breo to find it definitely is the culprit. Immediate hot flashes, shakes and increased heart rate. I love how it works, but hate what it does for me. Please take time to truly decipher which drug it is if you're on multiples."

TexasDe (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

For Asthma "Awful! I have pretty bad asthma and the doctor had me try this medicine and it made my asthma so much worse! Made me dizzy I couldn't breathe, sleep, it gave me anxiety !!!! Do not take this!!"

Carolyne m June 11, 2017

For Asthma "I've had asthma for 37 years. I've almost died 3 times from it. I've been air lifted to a large hospital 3 times. This inhaler is by far the best inhaler I've ever taken. It's incredible"

Chad Collins (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2017

For Asthma "I have been suffering from asthma from the age of about 10. I have been using Symbicort for the last 10 years but have had no proper relief. I have to say this is just a miracle for me and my asthma. I have been on it for about a month and a half and after struggling with my asthma for almost 25 years, I think I've finally reached a point where I almost feel secure with leaving inhalers at home (although I typically don't). I have not had one attack since I've started this medication! It worked for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "My allergist put me on aerospan for a month it wasn't working I was still tight. The same day I started breo I felt relief it will be 2 months on April 10th have not used my rescue inhaler more than twice in 2 months [used to use it to 6 times a day] The only side effects I have are severe all day chest pain and back pain. Fatigue I feel super tired and unable to walk to much but no exerbation from my lungs iIfeel shortness but my lungs are clear. My pulse is over 120 resting and as high as 165 at times had to take ativan to relax the palputations im 29 yrs old My dosage is 200/25mg along with montelukast 10mg."

Windfish85 May 13, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was first diagnosed with severed emphysema a year ago. Was put on Breo 200/25. It worked great in giving me the ability to breath comfortably. Two months later I had bronchitis that turned into pneumonia and a mild heart attack. After test doctors decided the heart attack was a fluke brought on by being so sick that it put a strain on my heart. While in the hospital they had me on two inhalers, nebulizer every 4 hrs and oxygen 24/7. Which I had to use when I was released. After a week home I went back on the Breo. Within a week I was off the oxygen and able to stop using the rescue inhaler and nebulizer. Four months later I moved and went to a new doctor. He diagnosed me with severe asthma. Now have side effects of anxiety, not sleeping wel"

BevB1658 May 10, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "Extreme dry mouth, frequent urination, continued thirst"

Anonymous May 3, 2017