User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

COPD 15 reviews 38 medications

7.9
Asthma, Maintenance 10 reviews 118 medications

Asthma 25 reviews 143 medications

COPD, Maintenance 5 reviews 46 medications

5.2
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 55 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For Asthma, Maintenance "My allergist put me on aerospan for a month it wasn't working I was still tight. The same day I started breo I felt relief it will be 2 months on April 10th have not used my rescue inhaler more than twice in 2 months [used to use it to 6 times a day] The only side effects I have are severe all day chest pain and back pain. Fatigue I feel super tired and unable to walk to much but no exerbation from my lungs iIfeel shortness but my lungs are clear. My pulse is over 120 resting and as high as 165 at times had to take ativan to relax the palputations im 29 yrs old My dosage is 200/25mg along with montelukast 10mg."

Windfish85 May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was first diagnosed with severed emphysema a year ago. Was put on Breo 200/25. It worked great in giving me the ability to breath comfortably. Two months later I had bronchitis that turned into pneumonia and a mild heart attack. After test doctors decided the heart attack was a fluke brought on by being so sick that it put a strain on my heart. While in the hospital they had me on two inhalers, nebulizer every 4 hrs and oxygen 24/7. Which I had to use when I was released. After a week home I went back on the Breo. Within a week I was off the oxygen and able to stop using the rescue inhaler and nebulizer. Four months later I moved and went to a new doctor. He diagnosed me with severe asthma. Now have side effects of anxiety, not sleeping wel"

BevB1658 May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Extreme dry mouth, frequent urination, continued thirst"

Anonymous May 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD "I've only been using it for two weeks. Other than a scratchy throat (which I recently learned to gargle with water after use), I feel INCREDIBLY better. I'm 60 and was diagnosed with emphysema about 1 year ago. I'm a desk jockey but a "weekend warrior" in the back forty. I haven't felt this good in quite some time. Fingers crossed..."

Mark K. April 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "I have tried everything to breathe I can not believe how much better my breathing improves I could exercise and do normal jogging and play with my kids Thank you for caring for those of us who struggle with this"

HollyCline1 April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD "started to go blind"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've had asthma since I was about four (now fourty) and it's been terrible. Mostly triggered by allergies. Been on every cortico you can think of. I'd go through three rescue inhalers a month. I've been on Breo for about four months and have had two rescue inhalers filled. I can exercise withought using it, I can sleep at night and I have gone days with completely forgetting I had a rescue inhaler. It has been a miracle drug. It is expensive though but my doctor gave me a discount card and it's free now. My only issue is when its very cold and you work your bronchi hard outside, it hurts but it's worth it. Also you can build an immunity to it and it starts to not work as well after the four or five months. BUT it still works well."

Fish out of water January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been worked fine for me at first during the first few months, However, now I'm having several asthma attacks during the day and at night as well. I'm going back to the doctor to try something else."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "Started on Breo in May 2016 and loved the relief it provided. I'm currently off this med for 3 weeks (Dec 2016) in an effort to determine if Breo is responsible for my disabling joint and muscle pain which began 1 month into taking it. I used Breo from May to December during which time the pain intensified and migrated to points in all 4 extremities. I have consulted orthopedics and I am currently sering a rheumatologist. I stopped Breo 21 days ago and have improved daily since. I'm convinced that Breo is the cause of my inflamation and pain and I will never take it again. It's unfortunate. It was truly effective but the side effects are absolutely unbearable."

Ruey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 21, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD "I was put on Breo and was amazed on how well I felt but it didn't last long. My symptoms were getting worse and it wasn't until I had wisdom teeth pulled that I realized that Breo was making me worse. After having my wisdom teeth pulled out I was scared to use my inhaler. I was told no straws because the sucking in cold pull stitches out so the day after I didn't use Breo the next day I couldn't belive how well I could breath and each day was even better. I was using my rescue inhaler once every 4/5 hours and I felt good so even though at first Breo seemed good over time it didn't agree with me. I'm seeing my respitalogist next week to see what's next for me as the rescue inhaler is not enough."

Brrenna December 15, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine worked well in the beginning but I quickly built up a tolerance to it.It is now not working so well after a month.Now I am getting severe tightness in the chest a few times a day while still using it.Not only that,I am cramped up now all the time with severe thigh and lower leg cramps shoulder spasms and neck terrible pain.The fatigue is crippling and intolerable. My life has become a misery.I will go back to the Dr. and ask to be put on something else.This is the cure?Ha!"

Pearlymae Peanuts December 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "Been on this inhaler for a month and a half. I'm on ventolin as well. I have experienced stabbing chest pains in my heart but at the moment I was also on Prednisone 20mg 3x a day, so I stopped the breo for a couple days and the chest pains stopped. It was too much steroids in my system. I had boils on my lips, acne on face, rash on legs, breast, sore tongue, muscle cramps and now worst of all neck pain so awefull it hurts while sleeping. The good news is that it did help with my asthma. With one dose my lungs immediately open up. I only needed it every two days. The pain in neck feels like whiplash, don't think I'm going to continue using it. The pain is too unbearable."

Tired of Asthma (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am not sure if this product is the cause. However my mood has gone slowly down since using it. I am so fear full of falling into a depression, having gone through a very difficult time with depression during the late 90's and early 2000,s. so I will consult my Pulmonary dr. Before continuing."

Windybreeze (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Improved my asthma symptoms quickly but the side effects made it unusable. Improved lung function within a day or two but had severe muscle spasms first in my right trapezius . Didn't relate it to drug at first so went to dr and started muscle relaxers and inflammation reduction meds. Unable to turn head at all by day 3 and not able to sleep because of pain. Discontinued Breo and symptoms were better within a few days. Restarted Breo a week later and had muscle spasm in upper thighs and neck by day two. I really liked the effect for my lungs but the pain and lack of function are not bearable."

Mom of five (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "Breo along with Incruse has improved by breathing ten fold! I am so happy to be feeling better . Free Co-Pay from both companies"

Ree1963 September 29, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "As a National board certified Respiratory therapist and Asthma Educator and having been diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma, I have been using a variety of medications to control my symptoms however, nothing worked for many years. My last prescribed medications were Daliresp* and Symbacort. I have been on them for several years to no control of symptoms. I read about Breo* and asked my Dr. to let me try a sample. After just one week, I finally had relief. After using Breo* for over 4 months now, I can say that this medication is a real miracle to me. I teach COPD and Asthma education to my patients and highly suggest for them to talk with their Dr. about Breo* As of the 4 month mark, I haven't even needed my rescue inhalers once."

Kirsch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "I was put on Breo Ellipta because my asthma is not well controlled on any other medication that I've previously been put on. For the first two weeks or so it gave me a really sore throat but that went away. I haven't had ANY asthma attacks since starting. It's completely stopped any wheezing as well. It's an amazing medication. I went from having several attacks - varying in severity - every day to none at all. It's also free for the first year with a coupon even if you don't have insurance. I'm so thankful for Breo Ellipta. Even if the sore throat wouldve stayed, I wouldn't have stopped using it. The benefits for me far outweigh the cons."

hrpuff September 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "Intense itching on front and back of torso and arms."

PaulFr September 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD "I have struggled with asthma my whole life. I used my inhaler on average 10 times a day. I started Breo it started working right away. By day 3 I noticed that I hadn't used my inhaler all day. Using Breo has given me tremendous relief! I love it and it has seriously given me a better quality of life."

Jenna22 September 7, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD "Since I started using Breo I still need a maintenance dose of 20 mg of prednisone, but I rarely use my rescue inhaler, and my nebulizing has gone from once every 4 hours to once every 8 hours. At Stage 4 COPD, this medication has given me tremendous relief."

Saskew (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "For the past 12 months I have had one bout of sinusitis after another then got influenza. I literally could not leave the house more than once a day for less than an hour without becoming totally fatigued. My GP did not know what to do but finally suggested BREO. I hesitantly agreed then quickly became a supporter of this inhaler. My energy level returned to normal despite marginally improved pulmonary functions. This is my 4th month on BREO, and I have isolated a few side effects: hoarseness & mouth tenderness (both despite rinsing immediately after taking the med) and worsening of GI symptoms. Like others, I am using the coupon from the mfg, or this drug would be too expensive for me. I have a few months to consider next steps."

coachRose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "Ive had asthma since I was 5 and now I'm 42. I've always only used rescue inhalers for most of it and since I've taken this 1x a day I rarely ever use my inhaler and I'm never short of breath. It's apparent that this is not for everyone as I've read some reviews. I have been taking it for 3 months and have never had any side effects. I'm a fan.....actually was given a free 12 month prescription for this and that alone saved me $50-100 a month I'm guessing!"

C M D (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Breo didn't really do anything to help my asthma. On the bright side, there were no side effects."

KeepOnSwimming (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma "My doctor changed my medication from Advair & Ventolin to this new highly recommended medication Breo. This is my second week taken it. I don't need any more Ventolin and I have being used it 2 puffs every 4 hours for the past 25 years. I am taking one puff of Breo every 2-3 days and it works better than anything else that I have being trying on my entire life. Please note: I am eating tons of celery, this vegetable is magic. I think the combination of Breo and celery is amazing and my body is happy. Please don't forget to rinse your mouth immediately after the puffer otherwise you will have other side effects like sore throat."

Breo User July 29, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD "I was excitied to try the Breo Ellipta.. I have severe emphysema & 73 years old.. At first I found that I could breathe longer during the day without using my rescue Proair so much during the day... After 6 days, I found that when excerting myself for a longer period of time, ( grocery shopping) that I would run out of air...My chest felt tight & my Proair didn't seem to rescue me as before...It was a little frightening..."

islandmoon July 23, 2016