User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Breo Ellipta has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 191 ratings on Drugs.com. 45% of those users who reviewed Breo Ellipta reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Asthma
5.2
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 5.9 191 reviews

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Kowboy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2021

For Asthma: “I was diagnosed with asthma 32 years ago, have been in and out of hospital several times and used my "reliever" daily. 1 month ago I asked my doc about breo and said it wouldnt hurt to give it a try, it is the best thing ever in the 32 years I have tried and I've tried all of them. The difference was immediately noticeable, by the end of the first week I no longer felt the need for my "reliever" and I have not touched it for 3 weeks now even sometimes forgetting to take it to work with me, never before in all those years did I dare go anywhere without my "reliever" so I can not rate Breo high enough for the change in life it has given to me, just amazing!”

Lori · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2021

For Asthma: “I am on Day 18 of Breo for mild to moderate asthma with a chronic productive cough for 8 long years. Nothing has changed yet. I still cough every few minutes. The doctor said it could take up to 8 weeks. I honestly don't see this working for me. I was on inhalers 5 years ago too for same issue and none of them worked either.”

dawn · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2021

For COPD: “I have been using Breo for about 3 years and now it has went up to $490.99 for 30 days. Who can afford it. I'm it works so well and now I can't afford to buy it. Help”

Tracy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

For Asthma: “Pros : It reduces the need for bronchodilators....sort of. IF you can get a full dose. Works better than most products but the side effects are not worth it. Cons: Anxiety . High blood pressure. ANXIETY. Afraid to leave the house alone anxiety. Fast heart rate. I just do not feel well. Muscle and joint aches . Restless legs . This drug needs to be reinvestigated by the FDA .”

Holy Toledo · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

For Asthma: “I started taking Breo, for my asthma, about two weeks ago. At first I thought this was a wonder drug (ability to breathe AND have increased stamina was a definite WIN). However, the side effects quickly and drastically started to add up TIGHTNESS in my throat, RASPY voice, and you know that "stamina" I was referring to? It gradually turned into INSOMNIA and massive ANXIETY (the kind where you are afraid to leave the house and are teary) HEART PALPITATIONS. I stopped taking the medication and it took 2-3 days before I felt "normal" again.”

Al · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

For COPD: “66 yrs old Severe COPD 48% lungs..Went on Breo and Ventolin on 12-31-19 after a couple of weeks I started to have bad neck pains, lots of muscle pains, I use a CPAP and started to have sleeping problems, actually started using a cane because I fell couple of times. I’m a Type 2 diabetic and my A1C went up from 6.5 to 8.7 in 7 weeks, but the worst was the depression. I constantly had really bad dark thoughts to the point of actually planning how to do it so it wouldn’t be as bad for family, went to my Pulmonary Dr who sent me to my regular Dr who wanted to Baker Act me. So I stopped my Breo cold turkey and hoping that would kill me faster, but to my amazement within 5 days I’m back to my normal self before Breo, no suicide thoughts, no mood problems, sleeping like a baby again, no cane still having breathing issues but Ventolin seems to help with out side effects..these Drs never even thought Breo might be the problem..Breo is a very dangerous drug!!!”

JanniePumps · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

For Asthma: “I am a person who believes in natural medicines/homeopathic as much as possible. I was really struggling with asthma symptoms this past summer and felt horrible so I went into an asthma specialist as a last resort after trying everything natural that I could put my hands on. She put me on Breo and I felt like I had found a miracle cure. However - about 6 weeks later and after tapering down from Breo to 100 - I began having extreme numbness in my limbs and tremors and bone pain and muscle pain. I don't know if this is a coincidence or if I have something else going on but have notified my doctor and stopped taking Breo. I am very concerned with the side effects I am having. When I spoke with my doctor about this - she said she has never heard of the limb issues or joint issues etc. but there are plenty of stories about it here.”

AnnaB September 28, 2019

For Asthma: “Breo did work for me it was like a miracle drug, but unfortunately I have had major adverse side effects from it. I have had flu like symptoms, mood swings and every time I breathe in the right side of my ribs are in absolute agony, it's a horribly anxious provoking situation. I can't drive, because when I go over any bumps on the road my side hurts so so terribly, also been getting dry throat. Went to the doctors, had tests and found out it has caused me to have pluresy, I have now stopped taking it, the risk of side effects are not worth it unfortunately. Beware of this drug it is very dangerous for some.”

Tired · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2019

For Asthma: “I moved to the midwest after living in the southeast for twenty years. I have had asthma for the better part of 10 years. In the southeast I never had to use a bronchodilater. After moving to the midwest, my asthma worsened and was put on Breo. Things were great in the first couple months. However about a month and a half ago, I developed insomnia and a cough that I couldn't get rid of. From there I caught a lung infection and then pneumonia. When recovering from pneumonia I developed low potassium, severe bone and joint pain and headaches that won't go away. I haven't had a dose in over 24 hours now and I am already starting to feel better. I would rather use my rescue inhaler every day then to have these issues.”

Karma1234 · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have had moderate asthma since age 13, now age 41. I have participated in multiple full marathons, cycling, swimming, rowing, yoga, walking ALL with only Singulair and a ventolin inhaler before high-intensity exercise. I was prescribed Breo because taking ventolin before exercise multiple times a week is considered "uncontrollable asthma." It has been roughly 20 days and my voice is always raspy, I have a tremor in my hands, always hungry, dry scalp, insomnia at night, pain in my chest, skipping heart beats, and weight gain. I try going for just a brisk walk, and my lungs are immediately tight and irritated. I then try my rescue inhaler which was my go-to and it is useless, like I never even took it. I am discontinuing my use of this inhaler and going back to the unacceptable method where I could breathe just fine normally and used only for exercise. It's much better than these side effects.”

Morgany March 24, 2015

For COPD: “Used Symbicort for a few years and was very pleased with it but then I tried the Breo Ellipta. I thought Symbicort was very good but the Breo was out standing. I felt like I did 20 years ago before all of this started. I could mow the yard and function without any moments of shortness of breath - it is a really great treatment. The Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium bromide) just doesn't work. I felt light headed a lot and had a difficult time concentrating - felt very tired with it, and it just isn't working. The Breo is so very expensive - wish there was a way to get it without deciding if you are going to buy food or your Breo medication.”

Karen · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

For Asthma: “Do the drug manufactures even bother reading these. This drug Breo Ellipta does NOT last 24 hours. Fraudulent claims , it lasts 12 tops . A respiratory therapist told me that GSK knows it doesn't last that long. Good luck even getting it into your lungs. Worst possible delivery system . MAKE THIS DRUG IN A NEBULIZER FORM so we actually get the full benefit. Just shows how these drug companies are in it for the money. This is a great drug. Sad that most don't actually get to experience it to its entirety because of the crappy delivery system.”

reniie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

For Asthma: “Breo Ellipta is awful. I never had any issues besides asthma prior. It gave me headaches, bone pain (specifically hip pain), and also bone crunching. I had read that it can demineralize bone, so not ideal for women going through peri-menopause. Due to such intense side effects, I have decided this drug is not worth it.”

LadyB2387 September 17, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After not having a flair up all year and to have had my first one due to a chemical exposure I was in a full blown flair up and desperate to breathe well. Took the Breo as well as my nebulizer treatments for about 6 days 5 of which I had more severe anxiety each day that I took it very quickly after I took it so I know it was the inhaler. Before my flair up I needed nothing at all was free and clear of all meds which was amazing. I stopped the Breo due to the severity of the anxiety and decided to go to the hospital where I received prednisone and a steroid pack to ween down from. Still taking my albuterol nebulizer every day about 2-3 times until I clear up but I was not a fan of the Breo at all. Coming from someone who had severe asthma to getting myself off of all meds for over a year, to trying Breo that was terrible. The prednisone helped the first day. Hopefully I can clear up and get back to no meds through diet and exercise fingers crossed.”

Deb January 24, 2020

For Asthma: “Breo is an awesome product. Terrible way to inhale it. Most of it ends up in your mouth. I don't know how people with COPD or old people are expected to use this. It requires a great deal of lung power to just inhale it. Does not last for 24 hours. Someone said it lasts for about 14 hours and they are correct.”

C.G.H. · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Started using Breo after a severe asthma exacerbation. At first it controlled my asthma very well I barely had to use my rescue inhaler. But over months it stopped working & actually made it very hard for me to breath. It made me extremely irritable, mood swings, aggressive, weight gain, heart palpitations, severe anxiety attacks, spasms of my intercostal muscles, & made my chest very tight. This medicine caused me to also develop depression & a lack of motivation. 2 days off of it & I can finally take a deep breath & my brain finally has clarity. I finally feel like myself again.”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 13, 2019

For Asthma: “I found Breo Ellipta good to start with. I hardly had to use a rescue puffer. However, months on I am finding Breo ineffective. I am having to rely on rescue puffers to control my asthma and mucus production”

Kathi · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2019

For Asthma: “Works great IF you can actually get it into your lungs, but the delivery system is garbage, most of it was in my throat. Yes I followed the instructions to the letter. Caused some headaches and fast heart rate for a short time. It should come in a puffer and nebulizer form.”

Darnell · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

“I have chronic cough due to a vocal cord injury and this injury also causes me to not be able to clear my lungs well. Then I got sick. I was coughing for hours straight without stopping. My dr just put me on Breo. I took my first dose yesterday evening. It was awesome!!! I stopped coughing and could tell it was quieting the inflammation in my airways. I was so relieved! Then I woke up this morning with aching calves and as the day progressed it got worse and spread to foot pain. My legs feel “squirrelly” too even at rest. I am sad to say I can see where this is headed - to bad side effects for me. I’m afraid to take a second dose as I’m sure it’ll get worse. I just threw $300 away. Very disappointing.”

Susan May 8, 2020

For Asthma: “How I wish I could use Breo regularly!? Nothing I’ve tried is more effective for breathing; HOWEVER, as I type this, I’m experiencing nausea, occasional flushing with cold sweats, increased heart rate, increased HBP and blood sugar, anxiety, depressed mood. I’ve entered the ER twice in the past trying this drug (never knew one could develop flu condition from a drug!). I had bronchitis two months ago (took antibiotic and prednisone) and have just not fully recovered. Wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing. I resumed Breo one puff every 5-6 days for relief. I knew better than to repeat a dose earlier. I keep Breo on hand for severe asthma flare ups - I know - stupid. Amazing what those of us with asthma will risk to breathe! It will take around three days for the side effects to vanish. I’ll swear I’ll never use it again. I hope Breo doesn’t become the next Vioxx! It's side effects can be severe.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2018

For Asthma: “The first couple days this felt like a miracle drug, like I never had asthma at all. The next few days, it only worked for about half the day, and now I can't tell if it's doing anything at all. I've also begun having frequent dizziness, low-grade headaches, constant hunger, sharp pain in my teeth, pain in my back, shoulders, and neck so severe that I sometimes can't even sit down, shooting pains in my legs and ankles, weakness, fatigue, constant stomach cramping, strange sensations in my eyes and vision issues (my eyeballs feel swollen inside and I keep thinking I see smoke), a welt on my lower face, and tiny spots of blood under my skin that look like I've been pricked with a needle all over my body. I was trying to wait it out until my next appointment, but I just can't stand it anymore, I'm quitting it today.”

Ruey · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 21, 2016

For Asthma: “Started on Breo in May 2016 and loved the relief it provided. I'm currently off this med for 3 weeks (Dec 2016) in an effort to determine if Breo is responsible for my disabling joint and muscle pain which began 1 month into taking it. I used Breo from May to December during which time the pain intensified and migrated to points in all 4 extremities. I have consulted orthopedics and I am currently sering a rheumatologist. I stopped Breo 21 days ago and have improved daily since. I'm convinced that Breo is the cause of my inflamation and pain and I will never take it again. It's unfortunate. It was truly effective but the side effects are absolutely unbearable.”

Jane · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Breo 200/25 worked great for about 6 months. Never used my rescue inhaler. Now I have a chronic sore throat and raspy voice, chest pain, muscle spasms in both hands, fatigue, and insomia. I can still breathe deeply but the side effects are getting worse the longer I continue to use Breo. I plan to return to using Symbicort, the only side effect from that was raspy voice. I was put Spiriva Respimate also last month, but the combination of Spiriva and Breo caused me to totally lose my voice. I had to quit the Spiriva, voice loss and terrible heartburn/stomach pain.”

Amy · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 4, 2019

For Asthma: “I caught a cold and it went from my head to my chest. Asthma flared up like crazy & between prednisone, proair, nebulizer treatments and Breo, I still couldn’t find relief. You are only supposed to use LABA's until your symptoms are controlled, then you should switch back to steroid/other preventer. I was hyperventilating & honestly scared for my life. I couldn’t control my breathing. I've been hospitalized once but that was preventable (age9). Prednisone helps. I think Breo is a dangerous drug and should only be used for a couple months MAX. LABA's may reduce blood oxygen levels and cause adrenal suppression. Take vitamin d, calcium & adrenal support. Breo worked wonderful when my advair (took from 9-23Yrs old) stopped working but my gut is telling me this medication is dangerous long term. Also, I’ve noticed chest pains on this medication.”

Unhappy · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2019

For Asthma: “This medication destroyed my life. It should not be on the market. It caused me to develop burning mouth syndrome after a couple of doses, which is a severe and unremitting neuropathic pain in your mouth, that has no treatment. I still have it a year later and have no quality of life left. This condition could well be lifelong.”

Rose · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have had adult onset asthma for approx 30 years. Many hospitalizations. After having pneumonia three times early last year, my pulmonologist asked if I had been using my Breo. No, I hadn’t because of excessive price. After using it religiously, I did not have an attack for seven months! After being diagnosed with an eye condition AND SEVERE PAIN in all four extremities, mainly at night, I have had to discontinue. My doctor did extensive blood work to make sure no red flags for cancer. Thank goodness no cancer. But now what do I do. I have other lesser side effects. Breo was good for asthma but terrible for my health! Will this excruciating pain eventually go away?”

tom May 15, 2019

For COPD: “I tried Incruse, still coughed and need rescue inhaler. Tried stiolto, coughed more and need rescue inhaler. Ended up in ER and hospital over nite. 6 nebulizer treatments. Tried breo, perfect. I haven't used rescue inhaler past year. 1 puff a day rinse mouth, minimum side effects.”

Uncle · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 28, 2019

For Asthma: “I have been taking Breo 100/25 for 4 years now for exercise-induced bronchospasm related to asthma inherited from my mother. The once daily dosing is perfect for my active lifestyle. I have not had any side effects! At 60 years old I can be as active as I want to.”