User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

Breo Ellipta Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 114 medications used in the treatment of COPD.

Reviews for Breo Ellipta to treat COPD

"I have been on BREO for a short time and already can feel the difference with it. I am not as short winded as I was and don't have to use my inhaler as much as before maybe 2 time a day.. I am glad my Doctor put me on it."

K>I>S>S> October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only been using it for two weeks. Other than a scratchy throat (which I recently learned to gargle with water after use), I feel INCREDIBLY better. I'm 60 and was diagnosed with emphysema about 1 year ago. I'm a desk jockey but a "weekend warrior" in the back forty. I haven't felt this good in quite some time. Fingers crossed..."

Mark K. April 16, 2017

"started to go blind"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on Breo and was amazed on how well I felt but it didn't last long. My symptoms were getting worse and it wasn't until I had wisdom teeth pulled that I realized that Breo was making me worse. After having my wisdom teeth pulled out I was scared to use my inhaler. I was told no straws because the sucking in cold pull stitches out so the day after I didn't use Breo the next day I couldn't belive how well I could breath and each day was even better. I was using my rescue inhaler once every 4/5 hours and I felt good so even though at first Breo seemed good over time it didn't agree with me. I'm seeing my respitalogist next week to see what's next for me as the rescue inhaler is not enough."

Brrenna December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have struggled with asthma my whole life. I used my inhaler on average 10 times a day. I started Breo it started working right away. By day 3 I noticed that I hadn't used my inhaler all day. Using Breo has given me tremendous relief! I love it and it has seriously given me a better quality of life."

Jenna22 September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Since I started using Breo I still need a maintenance dose of 20 mg of prednisone, but I rarely use my rescue inhaler, and my nebulizing has gone from once every 4 hours to once every 8 hours. At Stage 4 COPD, this medication has given me tremendous relief."

Saskew (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was excitied to try the Breo Ellipta.. I have severe emphysema & 73 years old.. At first I found that I could breathe longer during the day without using my rescue Proair so much during the day... After 6 days, I found that when excerting myself for a longer period of time, ( grocery shopping) that I would run out of air...My chest felt tight & my Proair didn't seem to rescue me as before...It was a little frightening..."

islandmoon July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried most all maintance inhalers due to the fact I was using my rescue inhaler way to much throughout the day. After many failed attempts at all the others I was given a sample of breo, not expecting much of a differance, boy was I wrong. I could tell on the 2nd day it was working! I breath soooo much better and can go without my resue ventalin ..HUGE differance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jmsef May 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At the end of my first month. Thank god for this med!! Breo has been great! Haven't used my nebulizer and rescue inhaler has only been used 2 or 3 times. I am so grateful for the 12 month free prescription as well..no insurance to cover it and I was very very ill. My wheezing is gone and I'm not coughing! It's a miracle :)"

SGK55 May 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on prednisone 21 years non stop for a still unknown lung condition. I have tried so many different meds, specialists, treatments, etc. No matter what I still coughed, wheezed, couldn't breathe. The best combo so far was 20-30mg prednisone daily and Advair 500/50. I have not been able to get off prednisone for 21 years. If I tried, I ended up in the hospital within 48hrs. My insurance quit covering Advair, so my dr prescribed Breo. I am now on day 7 of NO PREDNISONE! Seven days! I am ecstatic! 21 years of prednisone has wrecked havoc on my body, but I havent taken it in 7 days! And I even took my dog for a walk yesterday! I dont know how its working when nothing else has, but it is!"

Boobear73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have used Breo for 1 month now and must day.... WOW.. I can give up my nebulizer which was every 4 hours ..yes nightly also... once a day... almost normal again. ps.. Breo is new... I had to tell my MD about it.. she gave me a 12 month free trial prescription card...... hope this helps!"

JoeGailey January 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used Symbicort for a few years and was very pleased with it but then I tried the Breo Ellipta. I thought Symbicort was very good but the Breo was out standing. I felt like I did 20 years ago before all of this started. I could mow the yard and function without any moments of shortness of breath - it is a really great treatment. The Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium bromide) just doesn't work. I felt light headed a lot and had a difficult time concentrating - felt very tired with it, and it just isn't working. The Breo is so very expensive - wish there was a way to get it without deciding if you are going to buy food or your Breo medication."

Morgany March 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I use Breo with Spiriva once per day. Haven't used rescue inhaler since I started taking the Breo. Love it!"

Miss Piggy15 January 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Work's very well. Using it for 6 months."

earlybird12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One dose does not last a full 24 hours. Feel I need another puff after aprox 10 hours."

dakmaknk (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was really good for my COPD long lasting. BUT! I had a Severe allergic reaction to it. Face swelled and my airway was starting to be cut off."

Nanawilson (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014