User Reviews for Xolair

Asthma, Maintenance 34 reviews 118 medications

8.8
Summary of Xolair reviews 66 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Xolair

For Urticaria "I was a very healthy 52 year old female until my first Urticaria attack in June of 2013. I was taken to the emergency room and treated with IV Benadryl. I was back in ER with the same symptoms 24 hours later. Like many of the posts I read here I went through prednisone, cyclosporine, lotions, potions, etc and about 5 prescription anti-histamines a day from June of 2013 to October 2013 trying to get relief. Nothing worked and I was miserable - not to mention drugged . I found a very good doctor who introduced Xolaire to me. I received my first Xolaire injection in October 2013 (prior to FDA approval for CIU) and am still on it Feb 2017. It's a miracle drug."

LAB_2017 February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I've been experiencing breakouts for months. Have gone through everything everyone else has, so no need to rehash. I'll get to the point for those who are suffering. On January 23, 2017 I received my first injection of Xolair. In less than 24 hours I was already experiencing some mild relief. It's been a full week, not one breakout of hives. It feels like I have my life back."

DCinSanAntonio (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have severe allergic asthma. After two hospitalizations for pneumonia, asthma attacks, anaphylaxis, chronic sinus infections following a childhood of allergy shots, as a young adult I needed constant medication to battle endless infections and hives. With allergy meds (I've tried them all), steroids and typical asthma meds, I had still become dependent on a nebulizer, every 4 hours. After years of struggle, I was actually getting worse working downtown Houston. Xolair changed my life! I went from a sickly, declining 28-year-old to a normal person, requiring nothing else but Benedryl during the spring. I have been taking it for 12 years, including a healthy pregnancy after the first year."

CamiGold (taken for 10 years or more) January 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I'm a male in my mid 30's. Had hives for 3-6 month stretches with 3-6 month breaks since I was 15 years old. Symptoms were as bad as most people on here, but never needed a hospital visit. Got on Xolair shortly after it was approved by the FDA, around 2-1/2 years ago. Hives were gone within 24 hours and usually the only hive I see is if I'm over-extending my time between shots. Started at 2 shots per visit (300 mg total) every 4 weeks. Now taking 300mg every 6 weeks. Works like a charm. Wish they could get the cost down. Even with insurance and assistance programs I still end up paying a large amount out of pocket. All in all a VERY effective medication that I wish had been available years ago!"

a_nickname January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I developed allergies in my 30s and then asthma. Within 5 years the asthma and allergies became severe, having anaphylaxis and systemic reactions to medicines and foods, while inhalents caused severe asthma reactions. I saw 6. Allergy specialists and I was told there wasn't anything else they could do. I had an anaphylactic reaction to both allergy skin testing and an allergy immunolytics therapy injection. Finally in 2008 an allergist recommended xolair. After 4 months I noticed the seasonal allergies and number of asthma issues decreased. I haven't had an anaphylactic reaction since 2010. I now just take Allegra daily and live a regular life."

Davielee (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "It seemed to be working but after ,10 Months and 20 injections, I suffered a severe allergic reaction.Apparantly you can develop a hypersensitivity to the injections,which can cause this.In doing extensive research this is much more common then 1 in a ,1000 people as reported by manufacturer,it is more like ,1 in every 100 people.I was one of those people and have suffered considerable.I have been ill since my last injections on March 31,2016. Was hospitalized 3 times and I am sicker then before using injections. Please research this medication in depth first! I question the safety of this medication!"

Allergic to everything December 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I'm getting my first Xolair shot today. Currently I am covered in hives from head to toe, itching severely. My last hive out break was in June 2016 and they went away after 6 weeks on their own. I'm unresponsive to all the medication, prednisone, zyrtec, ranitidine, singular, gabapentin (for itching) hydroxyzine, Benadryl. I take them all when I have a flare up. I'm absolutely miserable and call my allergy specialist daily. This current flare up has been going for a few days and I had some xolair waiting for me in the office since June. I'm excited that this may be the cure that I need to prevent this misery. Will keep you posted."

Ms Pabon December 21, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "Im 58 and female. After a hive free life I left my home in the S J Valley where the air is terrible (pollen and allergens are bad) to go to Hungary. I had no problem there but soon as I got back I had lost all immunity to the valley and hives came. After 9 mnths of hives, huge and tiny, itching, burning swelling hands, bottom of feet itch and swell, 2 trips to ER for anaphylactic shock, epi pen, prednisone, Benedryl, 2 Kenelog shots, Singulair, Zantac, Xyzol, Zyrtec and Xanax, after much research, I found Xolair is the only med approved for hives.I FINALLY got started.I am getting 150mg every 2 weeks rather than 300mg p/mo. It seems slow but gradually better. Still get rash, hives shrunk size and amount, only need 2 pills/not 12. Hopeful.."

Moogybutch November 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I developed hives and unknown swelling since I was 18. My life was miserable. I was always in the hospital I hated it sooo much. I was so depressed all the time. I felt like I wasn't living. Xolar really gave me my life back. I have been in it for 5 months so far so good :) I Wish I could hug who ever made this drug!!!"

Tres_cee October 31, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "Had gives for 4 1/2 years. Multiple doctors and medications, this is the only one that worked and gave me my life back. The side effects( hard time losing weight) are worth not being covered in thousands of hives."

Sharkie23 October 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I suffered from UCI for close to a year. Non stop hives with no relief other than steroids. After many allergists one finally suggested xolair. It was covered by my insurance (BCBS). I had 3 shots, 1x per month for 3 months. It's been a year with no issues and I no longer need Xolair. Thank You to the prople who created Xolair. It changed my life!!"

pfboivin October 11, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking xolair for 5 years now. It is an amazing medicine. I only have one fully developed lung so I had asthma pretty bad. I am also allergic to elm trees so I would get hives and itching alot when I was outside. No more trips to er anymore and I can go outside and not have to wear jackets in summer due to the trees giving me hives. I have had no side effects so far. All I know is this drug works for me. It has changed my life."

Rebecca M (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "Xolair shots are a life saver! I was completely covered in hives for months and tried every medication possible while still trying to attempt college. I was failing classes and hated life, I was absolutely miserable. My doctor suggested Xolair, but after seeing the price I knew there was no way. However my doctor got my connected to sign up for the pay assistance. Although they are high of cost, they are extremely worth it. I get two shots a month, and it took about 2 months for any difference and than about 4 until i was completely hive free but i have now been hive free since than! I can never thank the Xolair creator enough!"

Minnesota9 September 29, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I have been battling with hives on and off for almost 15 years. I went to see my local allergist and he said if antihistamines are not working, change your lifestyle such as diet, hair products etc. I gave hope and one day I started looking again as my hives were out of control. Got a second opinion from another allergist and he put me on Xolair. I have received my first shot last week and I haven't had any hives since then. My face is clear and knock on wood hope it stays this way. Such a relief. If you have tried everything and nothing has worked which was my situation, give xolair a shot. Its expensive if you don't have insurance but if you do have insurance, I would suggest giving a try."

Amitesh September 16, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Awful...was on it for 3 months made my asthma worse...I think if your ige levels are lower than 700 than maybe it could work, but for me mine were so high it didnt. Luckily I didn't have enough to pay buy it cost 10k a mo and I had to spend every other week at the dr"

Hnb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had tried everything. I had been on steroids 15 times in one year. I had been taken from work twice by ambulance from asthma attacks. Hospitalized from asthma attacks. Nothing was working. I couldn't do anything. I could hardly be outside at all. I couldn't go to my grandson's baseball games or anything. Depression was getting worse all the time. Since I started on Zolair I have not been on steroids,no trips to hospital and I went to every single baseball game of my grandson( even double headers). This has been life changing. I would love to tell everyone!!!"

Vickie Hardesty August 9, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I began to experience hives and angieodema really really bad. Every morning I would wake up my body would be covered. From head to toe. My face would be 10x it's normal size. It was devastating and painful to have your hands and feet swell due to hives covering them. My allergist placed me on prednisone but that is a very mean drug!!! I was on 3 antihistamines Allegra, Zrytec, and Singular. I was on 2% hydrocortisone and nothing helped!! Until my insurance approved Xolair. It literally changed my life!! After day 3 of my first injection hives disappeared!!! Only downfall was the horrible headaches and joint pain I experience after the injections. I also have fibromyalgia and it just intensifies the pain for a few days."

Eboni82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "In early November 2015, I started breaking out in unexplained hives. It started with huge welts larger than my palm, and I'd get them all over my body, some small, some big. From my scalp to the bottom of my feet, welts have shown up, and my lips and fingers have swollen so badly. Zolair has made a marked difference for me. It hasn't completely cleared me up, but the amount of hives have dramatically decreased. I still get angioedema though, but I don't panic like when it first stared happening. I'm hoping as time goes on 1 - the hives will just go away completely (haha we all with for that, right?) and 2 - if the hives don't go away the shot will continue to lessen the severity of the breakouts."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I'm on xolair for chronic idiopathic urticaria. This shot has changed my life ! I just had my 6th one today, I only get breakthrough hives about once a week and it's not very bad. My dermatographia and angioedema are completely gone. I've been able to get of most of my antihistamines and prednisone as well."

Merfle May 2, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "This has helped my allergies/eczema and asthma. My IEG was pretty high, basically too high to see a difference. I do 2 150 doses every two weeks. It has changed my life."

Clove10 April 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "February 2013 I woke up 6 days later in ICU and the nurse pulling a long tube out of my mouth (incubated). I lost 6 days of my life due to respiratory failure from an acute asthma attack. So here I am 3 years later have been on Xolair which has changed my world completely. I have not used my neubulizer machine and occasionally use my inhaler but I travel weekly for work. I am a 57 years of age, female and love animals and the outdoors. As far as side effects there are muscle pains but I would rather know that I can breathe and not be on steroids and other maintenance meds. My husbands peace of mind he makes sure that I do not miss injections. Make sure you check out all financial options for Xolair assistance."

Candyjo April 3, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I have had hives since 1997 on a daily basis. I have tried every drug and combination there is. The only thing that ever worked was prednisone and we all know how hateful that stuff is. My doctor told me about Xolair a while back and we waited on my insurance to approve it. It has been the best thing that has happened to me. I started 1 1/2 years ago and havn't had a hive since my first injection. My injections were every 4 weeks for a year and now they are every 6 weeks. I do get all over muscle soreness for a week after injections but that goes away and its far better than having hives. I finally feel normal again!"

Gigi1114 March 19, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is my second time I have been on this medication. I was on it about 5 years ago for severe asthma and had to stop because of cost and insurance not covering it. I went from a 42% lung capacity to 65% in just about 6 months I felt great and over about 3 years I started to decline again. I started back thanks to better insurance and the co-pay assistance and feel a lot better. My lung capacity still is not great but I have gone from using my rescue inhaler several times a day to using it only about once every few weeks. So far I have been lucky enough to not have any side effects. I highly recommend it but be sure you get the co-pay assistance in place before starting it."

Robh80 March 16, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been in this injection since August 2014. It really has improved my quality of life. Before it, I was in and out of the doctors or ER every week. But now I rarely need to go because of this medication. I have tried so many different medicines and this is the only one that worked for me. It's scary when you see your lung function decreasing over time But xolair has given me hope. I get the shot every 2 weeks. Sometimes the side effects suck, muscle weakness and extreme fatigue but it's better then not breathing"

Jcoop (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria "I have had chronic hives every day all over my body since 1982. I went to many doctors and had all kinds of tests and no one could find out why. I researched the internet a few times a year to see if there was any new research done that would prove to be helpful. Last year I read about Xolair After a long discussion with my doctor, we decided to try Xolair injections. On the day of my first injection, I had a swollen hive 4" by 6" on my back that was very painful. After the shot, it started to shrink and I haven't had one single hive since then. I am thrilled. No side effects. My health insurance covers almost all of the cost. I am so thankful to finally be relieved of so many years of suffering!"

MarMar23 February 26, 2016