User Reviews for Xolair

Urticaria
7.9

Summary of Xolair reviews 8.0 111 reviews

Reviews for Xolair

For Urticaria "Was diagnosed with chronic urticaria 4 months ago with no signs of relief. Once the shot kicked in after a few days the breakout periods extended. I haven't had the hives which is great as they covered from head to toe but I still suffer from lips and face swelling up like balloons every week or so. Hopefully my next shot will fix that! Experienced NO side effects at all."

Amanda (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Urticaria "I had chronic urticaria for over 13 years and I been trying every kind of medicine and nothing was working for me and no Doctor here in USA or Jordan and Colombia could help me with it, the only medicine who was helping me the prednisone, I was so disappointed because no one could help me, till my las hope I visited another dr and he explained me about Xolair and I had my first shots on June and the same day my urticaria was gone.I could not believe it I am so grateful with your medicine and my Dr who recommended to use I am happy that I found this Dr and your medicine,I will complete my injections and THANK YOU SO MUCH now I am a new man after this first injections,I don’t have the words to thank you I feel like I am a new man, thanks a thousand times"

Gus (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Urticaria "I started getting large, itchy and painful hives 5 years ago. I have had multiple allergy tests. I was put on Xolair and it worked wonders. I lost my insurance so now I can not afford xolair without insurance. My condition has worsened. This past month I have gone to ER. The hives are the least of my concerns now. My tongue, lips, throat swell and I go into full blown anaphylaxis. The only thing that helps is epinephrine, a steroid, an antacid and Benadryl all given intravenously. It’s sad. I will keep searching for help. A nurse in one ER spoke with me once I had stabilized. He recommended that I read a book called eating for your blood type as well and histamine intolerance. I now avoid fast foods, and all sorts of pickled and cured foods as well as any foods that sit around because they contain additives and preservatives. I’m afraid to eat now and I’m craving sugar like mad. I believe I am histamine intolerant and may have some mast cell condition situation "

Dlight1411111not June 14, 2018

For Urticaria "Suffered from chronic urticuria for 2 yrs. Was MISERABLE!! STARTED XOLAIR 1.5 yrs ago. Hives are GONE. BUT I feel I have severe side effects. Body pain so bad I can't function. I'm a very active person...generally..... Now I can barely get up to pee in the middle of the night!!!!! Anyone out there with the same problem????"

Moe (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

For Urticaria "I had been getting hives head to toe for 3 years before trying Xolair... honestly it was so miserable. I had two allergist trying me on prednizone, singulair, doxepin, something like that (in short it was a crazy pill regimen) and that didn't even alleviate the hives in the slightest- just made me depressed and jittery. Until one day I went to a new doctor and he let me try xolair. Immediately after the first shot, my hives were 80% better, and by the second shot 4 weeks later, I was 100% no hives. My skin is super sensitive in general so sometimes I still get itchy or if i go past my 4 weeks some hives develop again, but it is soooooo much better than waking up red and blotchy and itchy every freaking day. Xolair has really changed my life. Although, I wish it was more definite when I can get off of it.. I think you kind of just have to wait for your body allergies to change (meanwhile xolair will still suppress the hives). All in all I would still get on it if I had to do it again."

Aly (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2018

For Urticaria "This injection has done an amazing job eliminating CIU/DPU (chronic idiopathic urticaria/delayed pressure urticaria)! I have been getting 300mg every 8 weeks for about a year in half now with no side effects. Have been dealing with hives for about 8 years prior to Xolair and prednisone was the only drug that would get rid of the hives."

Gracie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Highly recommend Xolair. Was in the clinical trials for Xolair well over 10 years ago. Before Xolair, I was a severe asthmatic who could be found in the hospital almost monthly due to allergic asthma. I received 2 injections every 2 weeks . . . until I became allergic to it. The company requested - and received - my DNA in order to help them understand why I became allergic, and to help others in the future. Xolair was a miracle drug for me - and still is. We don't know why but it seems to have had a residual effect of some sort with me. A year after stopping the injections I was stung 2-3 times by yellow jackets. I would have immediately gone into anaphylaxis without the residual effect of the Xolair. Instead, I drove myself to the ER (Epi-Pen ready to use) without any problems. There was a "typical" reaction of swelling and pain around the site of the stings with no other reactions."

HonestC June 12, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have had a very positive response from these injections. I've just started my 7 th month. From constantly taking Ventolin, being breathless , coughing and unable to exercise, I am now back to normal, no Ventolin used in the last 7 months, where I use to use 5 to 7 Ventolin scripts a month. Feeling great"

JF May 7, 2018

For Urticaria "I take 450mg of Xolair injections every 4 weeks and while it starts to work within 24 hours at this dose, it starts to wear off at week 3. My government won't pay for more than 450mg every 4 weeks, would have been nice to have had 300mg every 2 weeks but oh well. I still have to rely on a total of 5 other meds besides Xolair to control my severe chronic urticaria including zrytec, benadryl, naltrexone, doxepin and singular."

Noca (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Urticaria "I suffer from Urticaria for 11 months and I had my 1st xolair injection last month and I am going to take the 2nd in few days. I suffer from joint and muscle pain even before I had my xolair medication and it is still there, I can say that I am feeling better especially with the hives and the rash although they appear, but, still they are not severe as before. I hope that better results are seen with my coming injections."

Abeer April 10, 2018

For Urticaria "I have had six 300mg injections with no results."

zeek (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

For Urticaria "I have a urticaria hives for almost 7 years. I have tried Zyrtec, Claritin & all other medicines. No luck. Finally I found Xoliar. It really worked well for a while. I was amazed to have that injection every time. No hives, Itching. redness. Yeah I got what I needed. But after a year I realized my elbow, and palm was getting muscle pain & joint pain in fingers. And also if I got cold it will take time to recover even I had the Cold and Cough syrups. I use to have the cold for more than 10 days. Sneezing, coughing, running nose. You can say "It might be a allergies". Yes I tried Zyrtec for allergies also, nothing worked. Xolair destroys our immune system totally whatever we built from our childhood. Some time when you get a cold, people will have fever tablet also for precaution. But after had the tablet only, they will feel fever. Same here, Slowly you will be like Asthma patient after getting Xoliar even you don't have Asthma. No Xoliar. Avoid sugar whenever possible (sugar will lead to being itchy). Good Luck."

PK March 19, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "At first I was a little nervous to get Xolair, after reading a lot of info online. Let me tell you, starting the injections were the BEST decision! I was at the point that I stopped going out with my friends or doing anything at all, because my asthma drained me and I was always scared of going into an asthma attack. After starting the injections I feel like I’m able to do breathe so much better and barely ever have attacks! I think I’ve bad 1 since I started getting the injections.... My asthma is sometimes bothered but nothing like it was before. Thank god for Xolair!"

Olivia (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

For Urticaria "I'm on here because my mom takes these shots for idiopathic chronic hives. It isn't working for her unfortunatley. We live states apart and I've had some similar allergic reactions to some of you but I had some luck in discovering the foundation for it. It's a "rare" but becoming much more common allergy to mammalian meat and all mammal meat bi-products caused by a tick bite called Alpha Gal allergy. Itchy hands and feet and delayed reaction are big indicators for it. There is a simple blood test to find out and then you have to avoid mammal meat and their products like the plague. You can still eat poultry and fish, etc but for some severe cases, you have to be a strict vegan about EVERYTHING. You would not believe the amount of everyday products that use the fat from a cow or the blood of a pig, etc. pretty gross actually. Once you eliminate most to all of these, life improves dramatically! Anyways, hope this helps some of you!!!"

Alphagal (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For Urticaria "I had experienced severe frequent episodic urticaria for approximately two years. I'd been tested for allergies and spent a year working with my dermatologist attempting to isolate an allergen without success. He ultimately suggested we try Xolair. All symptoms were gone within 24 hours of the first Xolair injection (300mg - 150mg in each thigh subcutaneously). There were four treatments at four week intervals followed by two 150 mg treatments at four week intervals. There is no research to guide the decision of when to discontinue the drug and no incentive for the manufacturer to conduct the trials. I've not had an injection for 8 weeks and remain symptom free."

ROK March 5, 2018

For Urticaria "I suffered from chronic hives for months with multiple attempts at different combinations of antihistamines. The condition only worsened. I went from being hive free for short breaks to having hives covering 50% or more of my body constantly day after day for months. Xolair has changed it all. I have been and remain completely hive free. I got my first shot and had immediate relief. I had a couple of small hives that wanted to break through, but literally lasted a couple of hours and went away. They were hardly noticable. Xolair has brought me back to the quality of life I expect."

SC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

For Urticaria "I got my first shot in November and I’ve got a severe insomnia and I couldn’t sleep even with prescribed sleeping pills! My Dr gave me a 1 month break then lowered my dose to half and after one week of my second injection again I’m having a severe insomnia again and it’s affecting my life quality! I am going to ask my Dr to stop this as I’m suffering from a good quality sleep! I googled and figured out insomnia was one of side effects in some patients! Did anyone has the same problem?"

Sam-mo February 9, 2018

For Urticaria "I had chronic hives for almost 5 years and nothing worked. I was ready to totally break down and knew xolair was my last hope! Had my first shot a month ago and have had no hives no edema no itching and lots of smiles and am feeling like me again!! Do whatever it takes to get this med if you are at the end of your rope. Only side effect has been dental pain which has been way more manageable! Forever grateful for xolair!!"

Kris cmc (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018

For Urticaria "I have had another appointment but with no effect on histamine intolerance. I am on my second dose BUT things still are getting worse . Why should I need to still take my previous preventive pills if xolair is suppose to work. It is not working, sorry!"

Despoir (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "Why Darthvader as a name? After my consultant tried for 6 years to get this drug, the hospital was my 2nd home and every day a mask was always around my mouth (aged 54). The trust would not pay for it despite it as was the result of me having the dreaded MRSA !! (no I didn't sue) I had to give up my business, so I moved once again ending up in another hospital. Eventually they asked if I had tried xolair?? NEVER LOOKED BACK and if I am on holiday for over limit I pay over £200 to fly back for injection.THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME MY LIFE BACK"

darthvadvader (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "My experience with Xolair was life changing. I struggled with chronic asthma and allergies my whole childhood and teen years. My allergist prescribed this shot to me, so I could eventually be healthy enough to receive allergy shots. I started Xolair at age 13 and received my last dose of it when I was 16. Xolair was worth the pain, time and money. The serum is extremely thick and I received 3 shots of it every 2 weeks, but nothing compares to the quality of life I have now. I recommend this drug to anyone who has exhausted all options, who has maxed out on maintenance medication, who frequently finds themselves on Prednisone and antibiotics for the common cold, and can't remain healthy enough to receive allergy shots."

Grateful for This Miracle (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "This drug works very well with me! My PFT baseline has gone up however my IgE is still very elevated. My breathing has improved and I hardly ever have to use my inhaler or nebulizer. Before, I’d have to be in the hospital several times a year in the ICU."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

For Urticaria "I have been suffering from horrible hives all over my body since June 2017. I took my first Xolair shot 12/8/17 and my hives have gotten worse. I was told by allergy office that I have to get 2 more shots before they consider Xolair to be ineffective. I just hope that I can afford the next 2 shots. No drug should cost this much. Especially if it isn't working!"

Fraudbustinburns December 13, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on this drug for 6 months and I must be in that % that is doesn't work well for. I honestly feel like a guinea pig and I am going to stop taking this medicine. For all who take it and it work, I am happy for you."

Neicie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

For Urticaria "I am beyond disappointed that Xolair had no effect on my chronic uticaria. For 18 years I have suffered with the disabling disease. My hives are so bad, I can not even wear clothes, because anything touching my skin causes unbearable pain, swelling, redness and my eyes become bloodshot/swollen and puss comes out of them. I also have full blown Lupus and I am Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) B27 positive (Hl1-B7 positive). My life is completely ruined and over. Can't work, have zero support from anyone, live in poverty (than you SSD), lost my home.... horrible situation. Xolair did nothing. Not one thing! Pain, redness, swelling, itching still there after 2 months with two treatments of two shots a month. Beyond depressed. It is hard to live like this."

Chrisnyc123 November 29, 2017