User Reviews for Zyrtec

Allergic Rhinitis 64 reviews 881 medications

6.9
Summary of Zyrtec reviews 97 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zyrtec

For Urticaria "Just writing this in case it helps another person to know what their "trigger" was. I was given a cup of Artichoke Tea for the first time. Several hours later (during the night) started scratching shoulders and upper body. Itching stopped for few hours during the next day and re-occurred later that evening and spread to many other areas of body as I took myself to emergency dept of hospital. Was given one Prednisolone and two Zyrtec tabs in the very early hours of morning. Now, six hours later and (after great sleep) have awoken to no visible hives and no itching at all. Will get script for Zyrtec later on today just in case it comes back. But, fingers crossed it will not do so."

Itch-Free April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "I've had chronic hives for most of my life. I can't tell you the different types of medical "cocktails" I've been on. I've tried doxepin up to 100 mg.... made me loopy all day long. Don't really want to take anything that will mess with my brain. I've taken Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec, Zyrtec w/Zantac, I've switched antacids --- be careful with Prilosec. That will lower your B12 quicker than anything. Mine got so low, I had to start giving myself B12 shots from taking the Prilosec. Nothing is working for me! I am miserable beyond comprehension! If anyone has any other suggestion, please post. Thank you."

xteeweex April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "My kids and I have taken Zyrtec for years. It has worked wonderfully for us all BUT. . . It wasn't until my most recent migraine that I realized Zyrtec was making us deathly ill. It dawned on me that my migraines occurred once a month right when we ran out of Zyrtec. The horrible migraines were withdrawal symptoms! I immediately stopped giving it to my kids and taking it myself. Yes nose started dripping and I have little hives on my arm but OMG I haven't felt this good in YEARS. No joke, since all 4 of have stopped taking it we've all lost weight. I've lost about 7-10 lbs in a month. My kid's clothes are almost too big. My head is CLEAR, no fog, no drowsy, groggy feeling. I feel like myself again. Do not take Zyrtec!"

FinallyFree1 March 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I used Zyrtec for years, not because I wanted to, but because if you stop taking Zyrtec you itch all over constantly. You don't just itch for 3 days like you do when ceasing other allergy meds, it doesn't stop ever. I was finally able to kick it by decreasing the quantity very gradually for a few months while also taking Benadryl. It can be done."

ClickClacker February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "I had never heard of hives and I'm 54! We moved to my Mother in laws house after she passed away. And just thought was something in house. I have been to ER 2x in a month. The Dr in ER diagnosed as urticaria both times got steroid shots and prescriptions same both times. Nurse said take Pepcid and Zyrtec. But some days are so bad!"

Lola J January 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "Hey!! I was suffered by chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU) past 5 months, So initially i consulted a dermatologist and he said "It's just a food reaction so he gave some drugs", after 1 week it got worse and I'm worried but continued to take the medicine he gave. Parallely I searched about urticaria in internet and understood I have CIU and started worried every night i got this hives, it was painful to sleep (all over body), after some days i got on my face and head its was stressful and physically and mentally. Again I approached my doctor he said "it's not easy to identify why this hives occur", and he gave zyrtec 10 msg drug i use to take after my night meal every day. Later a month i asked my self why i need take this rest of my lif"

Mansoorahamed S (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "CIU or Chronic Idiopathic Urticia has been my recent diagnosis. I've had outbreaks of Hives for many many years, lasting from weeks to months. Most recently I've been seeing a specialist and he has me on cyclosporine. tough drug to take but cleared my hives and if I have an occasional small outbreak, zrytec does the trick and knocks it out. I also had a shot that was doctor recommended and the first dose cleared my hives but second did not, so on to the cyclosprine"

Rolopup October 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "A sleeping pill. Terrible."

User12345801236 October 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Zyrtec knocks me out. Period. I took a pill at noon and by 2:00 pm I lay down virtually passed out. I slept for two hours straight. In the middle of the day. When I awoke I could barely function. Brain fog, lethargy, no energy. To tell the truth, I was so spaced out for so long that I couldn't tell if helped my sinus condition or not. I wouldn't dream of taking it if I had to drive. It would make a great sleeping pill."

DarioT. (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "my bf had hives for 3 weeks. more often than not. claritan did really nothing. Allegra nothing. benedryl helped some. I was scared he'd have a anaphylaxis reaction. I bought him vit. c, b, d, quercitin, probiotic. a dao enzyme. and nothing was working great. today is Monday 611 pm. he started zyrtec sat at 11am. he has red huge hives on his back and legs and arms . well I'm happy to say...the zyrtec seems to be working.. they are gone. we've even eating normal and he's even had a couple of drinks. also he's taking pepcid. but it's been over two days of no hives. I think the zyrtec is a miracle."

allhivedout August 15, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "Had hives nearly every day for 3 weeks (at first I thought I was getting bug bites). Went to the Doc and she told me to try Zyrtec. Last night was the first time in 3 weeks I've been hives and itch-free. It's amazing. I just wish I could find out what's causing the outbreaks!"

ZyrtecRocks August 3, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been trying to deal with drippy eyes and nose (saturating multiple tissues in a couple of hours), and upon awakening clearing throat for over 20 years since moving from the east coast to CA. I finally decided that I had enough and the doctor told me to try Zyrtec. I started it a few days ago...yep, the drips improved, BUT, I feel exhausted, falling asleep, no energy. I think I may have to deal with the drippy symptoms and tell Zyrtec to take a hike!"

Pirene July 20, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Have always had severe allergies since a child, I first used Zyrtec about 14 years ago, worked great but I could barely stay awake at work, it was bad, I'm a dental assistant and I actually fell asleep while assisting(sitting on the assistant chair!) I could barely drive, I confided in a co-worker and she asked me if I was taking anything, I told her just allergy pills, she asked which ones and she said her daughter takes them but she has to take them a couple of hours before bed. I could have easily had a car accident. Anyhow now i'm researching what to take for mango skin allergy, I have Allegra which isn't as good and since I don't work now I'm going to take Zyrtec for it after reading the reviews on it."

Curesmile (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "LOVE Zyrtec D...HATE HATE HATE THE PACKAGING....why can't you put it in a bottle instead of having to open ALL these tiny blister packs!!! This packaging is AWFUL!!"

Yall (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have firstly severe seasonal allergies, and I purchased Zyrtec in hopes that it would be superior to Allegra. The allergy symptoms improved slightly, but the fatigue was terrible. It was so bad that I thought I was coming down with the flu. I slept for five hours straight in the middle of the day after my second dose. This is not acceptable."

SMarieBon June 15, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I'd rather suffer with the allergies than fight the sleepiness. My Dr said it would not cause drowsiness, well that's not so."

Slide M (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "I had first hive outbreak at age 63, off and one, lasting for a year. I visited the allergy doctor once and was advised to "enjoy life more and don't do too much! It could be stress-related". I did not take any medicine. Then for one and half a year, I was fine. For the recent 3 months, I have been suffering from the second chronic hive outbreak. They are acting up on my face, lips, eyes, and face which are new and more severe symptoms. At the same time, my older son had the same outbreak and has been taking Zyrtec daily by his doctor's recommendation. I have been asking a total of 13 pills from him. Firstly I took one a day for 4 days. They were very effective on me. Each pill can stop the hives for 3 days."

Rothive March 1, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take allergy shots for air and mould. The shots are marvellous, but occasionally when air and mould allergens are high I get a reaction. That's when I take Zyrtec. In couple of days my symptoms lessen, and by the third day they are gone. Excellent product. BTW, I have never experienced any negative side effects from Zyrtec."

RedPanther (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "After travelling to Japan in Sep 2015 and having ,enjoying with tremendous quantity of sea food sasimi, BBQ Wangyu beef and wonderful cheese cake , I woke up next morning with hives literally covered my both front arms outer parts and partially between shoulder and neck. Never experienced previously with allergic reaction in my life ( btw I am 52y/o) After doing intensive checkup, blood tests, etc., etc., and more etc. finally one of the brilliant Doctor gave me the Zyrtec. I have been taking (one a day) for 2 weeks. I still don't know (my doctor either) what triggered these ugly hives but eventually all disappeared and gone to hell. I highly recommend. I agree about side effects especially causing impair my thinking."

Ozjan (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "52 y/o Well I have had hives for 2 almost 3 weeks now on my face scalp neck..cause undermined and I never had them before. I was put on pred-Metra-soul pack that I quit due to the extreme side effects. A sedative. I used a heap of ear and eye drops. Was taking Benadryll. I just wanted to claw my skin off..the welts were painful and then became HORRIBLY insanely itchy. One or three would go away only to be replaced by 4, eyes and even ears swelled shut. Tried Zertec after 3rd doc visit. Felt good! ITCHING STOPPED..still some swelling around one eye but given how bad it was this is like a miracle. Just took a second one today and tho still a LITTLE residual swelling- 95% better. NO SIDE EFFECTS either. This drug is a god send"

TheBeeHive November 20, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "After a week using it all symptoms were gone. If I miss it 3 to 5 days , symptoms returned. No drowsiness is the best part."

Lizk611 October 8, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been taking Zyrtec for almost 6 years. I was first prescribed Zyrtec to combat my allergies during pregnancy. It worked well except to make me a little drowsy. I only take it seasonally, and it still works well for my symptoms, but the fatigue and drowsiness has gotten worse over time. When I started taking it again for my Spring/Summer allergies this year, the first week was horrible. Even taking it at night I felt so fatigued the next day my muscles ached, and I had to fight to stay awake during the day with my 2 little ones at home. I would fall asleep as soon as my husband got home and sleep 14-15 hours. After about a week my body seemed to adjust and the drowsiness isn't as bad anymore."

Jenn S. July 18, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Zyrtec made me so sleepy I could barely perform my job. Also felt sluggish and dangerous while driving. All I could think of all day was 'I need to go to sleep'..."

SandibB June 5, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "I have been getting viral hives over the last 6 months. I went and saw an allergist (who diagnosed me) and he recommends this instead of Benadryl. For me it hasn't helped. I guess I'm not as lucky as the others here."

trinkystar (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "I would have a hives outbreak occasionally and went to see an allergist who just told me it had nothing to do with food and to take 1 zyrtec 2 if they were bad. I had an outbreak and they went down but it took awhile to work. I decided to get a second opinion with another allergist who ran tests and finally told me to take a zyrtec everday for life. He said if I felt an outbreak wanting to come to take a second one. I am happy to report this has actually worked I have gone 7 months with no hives outbreak! It feels wonderful to have my life back without worries of an outbreak! Please talk to your doctor about this recommendation my allergist gave me, I hope it helps someone out there. :)"

brkano April 13, 2015