User Reviews for Zyrtec

Allergic Rhinitis 61 reviews 877 medications

7.1
Summary of Zyrtec reviews 89 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zyrtec

For Allergic Rhinitis "Zyrtec knocks me out. Period. I took a pill at noon and by 2:00 pm I lay down virtually passed out. I slept for two hours straight. In the middle of the day. When I awoke I could barely function. Brain fog, lethargy, no energy. To tell the truth, I was so spaced out for so long that I couldn't tell if helped my sinus condition or not. I wouldn't dream of taking it if I had to drive. It would make a great sleeping pill."

DarioT. (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Urticaria "my bf had hives for 3 weeks. more often than not. claritan did really nothing. Allegra nothing. benedryl helped some. I was scared he'd have a anaphylaxis reaction. I bought him vit. c, b, d, quercitin, probiotic. a dao enzyme. and nothing was working great. today is Monday 611 pm. he started zyrtec sat at 11am. he has red huge hives on his back and legs and arms . well I'm happy to say...the zyrtec seems to be working.. they are gone. we've even eating normal and he's even had a couple of drinks. also he's taking pepcid. but it's been over two days of no hives. I think the zyrtec is a miracle."

allhivedout August 15, 2016

For Urticaria "Had hives nearly every day for 3 weeks (at first I thought I was getting bug bites). Went to the Doc and she told me to try Zyrtec. Last night was the first time in 3 weeks I've been hives and itch-free. It's amazing. I just wish I could find out what's causing the outbreaks!"

ZyrtecRocks August 3, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been trying to deal with drippy eyes and nose (saturating multiple tissues in a couple of hours), and upon awakening clearing throat for over 20 years since moving from the east coast to CA. I finally decided that I had enough and the doctor told me to try Zyrtec. I started it a few days ago...yep, the drips improved, BUT, I feel exhausted, falling asleep, no energy. I think I may have to deal with the drippy symptoms and tell Zyrtec to take a hike!"

Pirene July 20, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "Have always had severe allergies since a child, I first used Zyrtec about 14 years ago, worked great but I could barely stay awake at work, it was bad, I'm a dental assistant and I actually fell asleep while assisting(sitting on the assistant chair!) I could barely drive, I confided in a co-worker and she asked me if I was taking anything, I told her just allergy pills, she asked which ones and she said her daughter takes them but she has to take them a couple of hours before bed. I could have easily had a car accident. Anyhow now i'm researching what to take for mango skin allergy, I have Allegra which isn't as good and since I don't work now I'm going to take Zyrtec for it after reading the reviews on it."

Curesmile (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "LOVE Zyrtec D...HATE HATE HATE THE PACKAGING....why can't you put it in a bottle instead of having to open ALL these tiny blister packs!!! This packaging is AWFUL!!"

Yall (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have firstly severe seasonal allergies, and I purchased Zyrtec in hopes that it would be superior to Allegra. The allergy symptoms improved slightly, but the fatigue was terrible. It was so bad that I thought I was coming down with the flu. I slept for five hours straight in the middle of the day after my second dose. This is not acceptable."

SMarieBon June 15, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I'd rather suffer with the allergies than fight the sleepiness. My Dr said it would not cause drowsiness, well that's not so."

Slide M (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Urticaria "I had first hive outbreak at age 63, off and one, lasting for a year. I visited the allergy doctor once and was advised to "enjoy life more and don't do too much! It could be stress-related". I did not take any medicine. Then for one and half a year, I was fine. For the recent 3 months, I have been suffering from the second chronic hive outbreak. They are acting up on my face, lips, eyes, and face which are new and more severe symptoms. At the same time, my older son had the same outbreak and has been taking Zyrtec daily by his doctor's recommendation. I have been asking a total of 13 pills from him. Firstly I took one a day for 4 days. They were very effective on me. Each pill can stop the hives for 3 days."

Rothive March 1, 2016

"I take allergy shots for air and mould. The shots are marvellous, but occasionally when air and mould allergens are high I get a reaction. That's when I take Zyrtec. In couple of days my symptoms lessen, and by the third day they are gone. Excellent product. BTW, I have never experienced any negative side effects from Zyrtec."

RedPanther (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Urticaria "After travelling to Japan in Sep 2015 and having ,enjoying with tremendous quantity of sea food sasimi, BBQ Wangyu beef and wonderful cheese cake , I woke up next morning with hives literally covered my both front arms outer parts and partially between shoulder and neck. Never experienced previously with allergic reaction in my life ( btw I am 52y/o) After doing intensive checkup, blood tests, etc., etc., and more etc. finally one of the brilliant Doctor gave me the Zyrtec. I have been taking (one a day) for 2 weeks. I still don't know (my doctor either) what triggered these ugly hives but eventually all disappeared and gone to hell. I highly recommend. I agree about side effects especially causing impair my thinking."

Ozjan (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Urticaria "52 y/o Well I have had hives for 2 almost 3 weeks now on my face scalp neck..cause undermined and I never had them before. I was put on pred-Metra-soul pack that I quit due to the extreme side effects. A sedative. I used a heap of ear and eye drops. Was taking Benadryll. I just wanted to claw my skin off..the welts were painful and then became HORRIBLY insanely itchy. One or three would go away only to be replaced by 4, eyes and even ears swelled shut. Tried Zertec after 3rd doc visit. Felt good! ITCHING STOPPED..still some swelling around one eye but given how bad it was this is like a miracle. Just took a second one today and tho still a LITTLE residual swelling- 95% better. NO SIDE EFFECTS either. This drug is a god send"

TheBeeHive November 20, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "After a week using it all symptoms were gone. If I miss it 3 to 5 days , symptoms returned. No drowsiness is the best part."

Lizk611 October 8, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been taking Zyrtec for almost 6 years. I was first prescribed Zyrtec to combat my allergies during pregnancy. It worked well except to make me a little drowsy. I only take it seasonally, and it still works well for my symptoms, but the fatigue and drowsiness has gotten worse over time. When I started taking it again for my Spring/Summer allergies this year, the first week was horrible. Even taking it at night I felt so fatigued the next day my muscles ached, and I had to fight to stay awake during the day with my 2 little ones at home. I would fall asleep as soon as my husband got home and sleep 14-15 hours. After about a week my body seemed to adjust and the drowsiness isn't as bad anymore."

Jenn S. July 18, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Zyrtec made me so sleepy I could barely perform my job. Also felt sluggish and dangerous while driving. All I could think of all day was 'I need to go to sleep'..."

SandibB June 5, 2015

For Urticaria "I have been getting viral hives over the last 6 months. I went and saw an allergist (who diagnosed me) and he recommends this instead of Benadryl. For me it hasn't helped. I guess I'm not as lucky as the others here."

trinkystar (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

For Urticaria "I would have a hives outbreak occasionally and went to see an allergist who just told me it had nothing to do with food and to take 1 zyrtec 2 if they were bad. I had an outbreak and they went down but it took awhile to work. I decided to get a second opinion with another allergist who ran tests and finally told me to take a zyrtec everday for life. He said if I felt an outbreak wanting to come to take a second one. I am happy to report this has actually worked I have gone 7 months with no hives outbreak! It feels wonderful to have my life back without worries of an outbreak! Please talk to your doctor about this recommendation my allergist gave me, I hope it helps someone out there. :)"

brkano April 13, 2015

For Urticaria "I've had chronic hives for years and until a doctor in the emergency room found exactly what to do.. within 2 hours, it was gone. She hooked me up to an IV and gave me a high dose of steriods, not the medrol dose pack. 20 MG 3 times a day (after I went home)but she also gave me Zyrtec 10 mg, and Prilosec. Apparently the Prilosec helps also. But I still get hives every 2 months. When I get hives, I welt up with a rash from head to toe, my skin is red as can be, and it burns badly and itches , also take lukewarm baths with a lot of Epsom salt,and the soap I use for hives attack is home made lye soap! It must be home made, I'm curious about how much Zyrtec can you take within 24 hr. Period safely"

wish2dance March 6, 2015

For Urticaria "Zyrtec never helped my runny nose or itchy eyes but it eliminated about 90 percent of my hives, and for me, that might as well be a hundred percent. My hives came on gradually and worsened over the years. It got to the point where my skin burned and itched pretty much 24/7. When I started taking Zyrtec regularly I noticed immediate improvement. Before I had just assumed my post shave rash was normal but now I know it was my hives response."

Gailfsu (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

For Urticaria "I have had hives a few times now. I just got done with a horrible case from penicillin. Took prednisone for several days. Some hives appear in the morning. Now I control with one Zyrtec per day. It works for me. No side effects. Great product."

Kathoncamano (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2014

For Urticaria "The feeling of being on fire started when I was 17 and the daily attacks didn't stop until I found Cetirizine HCL (Zyrtec) some 5 years ago. I'm now 50 I take a tablet every morning and I'm good. For me it's a miracle pill. "

JGofCalifornia August 19, 2014

For Urticaria "My husband has been having hive outbreaks which seem to have gotten progressively more severe over the last 8 months. His doctor has been changing medications trying to find the source. Husband is on blood pressure and statins. Benadryl is not as effective anymore plus taking it every six hours makes him sleep all the time. I am so glad I found this website! Talked with doctor about trying one of these antihistamine treatments and she agreed. It has worked! No more hives! Fantastic! He has a life again. Who knew that a 10mg pill could make such a difference."

Cindy O. August 6, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis "I was suffering really bad with my sinuses over the weekend and could find any relief. The doctor told me in the past to take Claritin, but it has never helped. I was at work this morning and my co worker told me about Zyrtec. Actually she had one for me to try and within 30 minutes, I could feel the pressure letting up in my sinus areas and what a surprise, I could breathe so much better, no sneezing, dripping, coughing, horrible pressure in my sinuses. I was astonished that this little pill could work so effectively. I have to say that I feel like a totally different person today, thanks to Zyrtec. If you haven't ever tried it, be sure to, it is the best of the best. I love you ZYRTEC!"

Saljofra50 July 30, 2014

For Urticaria "I have had hives for five days now, they burn. I took 10mg of Zyrtec but they are no help. I still have the hives and still have the pain that only a ice pack will help."

us395 May 8, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis "Took Zyrtec on the advice of my ENT for chronic sinusitis from hay fever. It worked wonders on my sinuses but I can not function on it due to extreme drowsiness and fatigue. I am going to have to stop taking it!"

Nicfing (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2014