Generic Name: cetirizine hydrochloride
Dosage Form: tablet, film coated
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Cetirizine HCl 10 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
|adults and children 6 years and over||one 10 mg tablet once daily; do not take more than one 10 mg tablet in 24 hours. A 5 mg product may be appropriate for less severe symptoms.|
|adults 65 years and over||ask a doctor|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- do not use if imprinted foil inner seal on bottle is broken or missing
colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
Original Prescription Strength
10 mg tablets
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
- Runny Nose
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
- Itchy Throat or Nose
10 mg each
cetirizine hydrochloride tablet, film coated
|Labeler - McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. (878046358)|
More about Zyrtec (cetirizine)
- Other brands: Aller-Tec, All Day Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Children's Allergy Relief, More (1) »