User Reviews for Claritin

1 review 189 medications
Summary of Claritin reviews 4.9 23 reviews

Reviews for Claritin

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

"I have taken Claritin for two days. I seem to have had a rare hypersensitivity type allergic reaction to Claritin. I got widespread body pain. Pain in my shoulders, arms, legs and hands. It was hard for me to walk even. Online it says hypersensitivity affects .01% of people. Lucky me. Claritin remains in effect for 24hrs. Glad that Claritin gets completely out of your system in 36 to 48hrs. Will not be taking this again."

Allergicpepe · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "Clarithin is effective and I have no noticeable side effects, it helps me to go thru the pollen season."

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "I was prescribed Claritin by my ENT. I was told to take it every morning, which I did, but after a few hours of taking it, I would get the worst neck pain/head aches. I also got joint pain in my knees. I looked up these two side effects and sure enough a good percent of female patients age 49+ reported these side effects. Seems more common in females. It did nothing whatsoever for my severe allergies and my Otis externa. I couldn't take the pain from this drug and stopped. Within 24 hours the painful aches went away."

Ryan · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "Read some of the reviews, says it causes confusion, anxiety, depression. I took it for 2 days. 1st day I didn’t feel anything except my ears started ringing really bad. 2nd day I took it, it caused the worst confusion of my life. Going on the day after and I still feel like rubbish. Don’t take this drug."

Charley · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have had postnasal drip and chronic cough especially in the winter for at least 10 years....scratchy throat, itchy ears, sore throat and burns at times facial pain, sneezing. I just got over what I thought was a sinus infection. I was still feeling bad so I was doing some reading and I read what clairtan can offer so I tried it. Within and hour or so my post nasal drip was a whole lot better and my cough along with it now I am on day 5 of taking clairtan...I feel like I could go out dancing I am sure it can only get better from here ...GOSH why didn't I try clairtan years ago ...."

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Absolutely no relief whatsoever from a severe allergy condition I had for one day a few weeks ago. Wrote to Bayer, they responded the next day with promises of a refund but nothing after initial first contact. Do not waste your money on this product, try something else."

AllergyJill · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Works wonderfully for both 16 yo and myself for allergy to our new Pug. No sneezing, no watery eyes. Expensive at $18 for a 24 pack so tried equate Walmart generic which didn’t work at all."

Kimberly Daye September 15, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Horrible product, barely works. Been sneezing with a runny nose all day."

Dinodagino July 27, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have chronic allergies (undiagnosed). I suffer from dry , red, stinging eyes and a nose that gets stuffy even with turbinate reduction surgery as well as general fatigue and low energy. Claritin helped me feel functional again and I can look people in the eye when I talk to them. Nose it a lot more clear. It is VERY important to take it for a week before it provides full relief. This did not start working for me till day 4 and now I feel great , perhaps the best ever. I am giving it an 8 because it causes me dry mouth and my sleep is not the greatest. The point of this review is not to fully trust all the negative reviews. Try it for yourself every day for one , maybe even 2 weeks and see how it affects you. Best of luck."

Tlo2407!sacramento May 19, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "It takes hours and hours to kick in. I even took 2 to speed up my relief and 3 hours later I'm still suffering. Zyrtec works within 30 min and lasts 24 hours. I will never take claritin again when I need immediate relief."

Sunnyismyangel March 31, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward."

Osborne, melissa November 22, 2016

For Urticaria "I gave My daughter Claritin 5mg twice a day following doctors orders along with amoxicillin, she is 10 after taking it for 8 days she started to break out with rash , I took her back to dr she then ordered benedryl for the rash within 5 hrs that rash turned into wells all over her body , it was hot to touch and itchy also she went to ear the next day because of the severity of her condition at that point, ER dr gave her steroid to help with her pain and trying to eliminate the rash , well it's 4 days later and she still has the condition, dr says she has urticaria or Steven Johnson syndrome , so now my daughter and I have to wait day by day and watch her for any new breakouts"

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

Somejuan · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 24, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "It takes so long to kick in and only works for like two hours."

LouAnnP · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them"

Anonymous May 17, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "Helps for the first day, then symptoms return. Starting Zyrtec now."

Wendover June 14, 2010

For Allergic Rhinitis "This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy."

Anonymous June 4, 2010

For Allergic Rhinitis "Didn't do much for my allergies. "

Anonymous November 17, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took Claritin on two occasions to alleviate stuffy head colds and runny nose. I took 2 pills, one each on successive days about a month apart, and a day after taking them experienced both times a bloody nose. I am an older adult and haven't had a bloody nose since I was a child."

billy killer August 24, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "Slow to get going but lasts forever when activated."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "Claritin seems to help for the first 2-3 day, but loses all effectiveness for me beyond that. All symptoms return."

jonryan April 11, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have tried it more than once. It was as if I took nothing. No help from taking it."

Anonymous April 7, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis "Works great, no side effects."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)