User Reviews for Claritin

Learn more about Claritin.

Allergic Rhinitis 12 reviews 877 medications

4.8
Urticaria 1 reviews 188 medications

2.8
Summary of Claritin reviews 13 reviews 3.8

Reviews for Claritin

For Urticaria "I gave My daughter Claritin 5mg twice a day following doctors orders along with amoxicillin, she is 10 after taking it for 8 days she started to break out with rash , I took her back to dr she then ordered benedryl for the rash within 5 hrs that rash turned into wells all over her body , it was hot to touch and itchy also she went to ear the next day because of the severity of her condition at that point, ER dr gave her steroid to help with her pain and trying to eliminate the rash , well it's 4 days later and she still has the condition, dr says she has urticaria or Steven Johnson syndrome , so now my daughter and I have to wait day by day and watch her for any new breakouts"

Osborne, melissa November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "It takes so long to kick in and only works for like two hours."

Somejuan (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them"

LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Helps for the first day, then symptoms return. Starting Zyrtec now."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy."

Wendover June 14, 2010

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Didn't do much for my allergies. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took Claritin on two occasions to alleviate stuffy head colds and runny nose. I took 2 pills, one each on successive days about a month apart, and a day after taking them experienced both times a bloody nose. I am an older adult and haven't had a bloody nose since I was a child."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Slow to get going but lasts forever when activated."

billy killer August 24, 2009

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Claritin seems to help for the first 2-3 day, but loses all effectiveness for me beyond that. All symptoms return."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have tried it more than once. It was as if I took nothing. No help from taking it."

jonryan April 11, 2009

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Works great, no side effects."

Anonymous April 7, 2009