User Reviews for Claritin

Learn more about Claritin.

Claritin Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 434 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Claritin to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"I have chronic allergies (undiagnosed). I suffer from dry , red, stinging eyes and a nose that gets stuffy even with turbinate reduction surgery as well as general fatigue and low energy. Claritin helped me feel functional again and I can look people in the eye when I talk to them. Nose it a lot more clear. It is VERY important to take it for a week before it provides full relief. This did not start working for me till day 4 and now I feel great , perhaps the best ever. I am giving it an 8 because it causes me dry mouth and my sleep is not the greatest. The point of this review is not to fully trust all the negative reviews. Try it for yourself every day for one , maybe even 2 weeks and see how it affects you. Best of luck."

Dinodagino July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It takes hours and hours to kick in. I even took 2 to speed up my relief and 3 hours later I'm still suffering. Zyrtec works within 30 min and lasts 24 hours. I will never take claritin again when I need immediate relief."

Tlo2407!sacramento May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward."

Sunnyismyangel March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It takes so long to kick in and only works for like two hours."

Somejuan (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them"

LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Helps for the first day, then symptoms return. Starting Zyrtec now."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy."

Wendover June 14, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't do much for my allergies. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Claritin on two occasions to alleviate stuffy head colds and runny nose. I took 2 pills, one each on successive days about a month apart, and a day after taking them experienced both times a bloody nose. I am an older adult and haven't had a bloody nose since I was a child."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Slow to get going but lasts forever when activated."

billy killer August 24, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Claritin seems to help for the first 2-3 day, but loses all effectiveness for me beyond that. All symptoms return."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried it more than once. It was as if I took nothing. No help from taking it."

jonryan April 11, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works great, no side effects."

Anonymous April 7, 2009