User Reviews for Claritin to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Claritin Rating Summary

4.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 347 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Claritin

"Clarithin is effective and I have no noticeable side effects, it helps me to go thru the pollen season."

Allergicpepe (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

"I was prescribed Claritin by my ENT. I was told to take it every morning, which I did, but after a few hours of taking it, I would get the worst neck pain/head aches. I also got joint pain in my knees. I looked up these two side effects and sure enough a good percent of female patients age 49+ reported these side effects. Seems more common in females. It did nothing whatsoever for my severe allergies and my Otis externa. I couldn't take the pain from this drug and stopped. Within 24 hours the painful aches went away."

Mandy (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

"Read some of the reviews, says it causes confusion, anxiety, depression. I took it for 2 days. 1st day I didn’t feel anything except my ears started ringing really bad. 2nd day I took it, it caused the worst confusion of my life. Going on the day after and I still feel like rubbish. Don’t take this drug."

Ryan (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

"I have had postnasal drip and chronic cough especially in the winter for at least 10 years....scratchy throat, itchy ears, sore throat and burns at times facial pain, sneezing. I just got over what I thought was a sinus infection. I was still feeling bad so I was doing some reading and I read what clairtan can offer so I tried it. Within and hour or so my post nasal drip was a whole lot better and my cough along with it now I am on day 5 of taking clairtan...I feel like I could go out dancing I am sure it can only get better from here ...GOSH why didn't I try clairtan years ago ...."

Charley (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

"Absolutely no relief whatsoever from a severe allergy condition I had for one day a few weeks ago. Wrote to Bayer, they responded the next day with promises of a refund but nothing after initial first contact. Do not waste your money on this product, try something else."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

"Works wonderfully for both 16 yo and myself for allergy to our new Pug. No sneezing, no watery eyes. Expensive at $18 for a 24 pack so tried equate Walmart generic which didn’t work at all."

AllergyJill (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

"Horrible product, barely works. Been sneezing with a runny nose all day."

Kimberly Daye September 15, 2017

"I have chronic allergies (undiagnosed). I suffer from dry , red, stinging eyes and a nose that gets stuffy even with turbinate reduction surgery as well as general fatigue and low energy. Claritin helped me feel functional again and I can look people in the eye when I talk to them. Nose it a lot more clear. It is VERY important to take it for a week before it provides full relief. This did not start working for me till day 4 and now I feel great , perhaps the best ever. I am giving it an 8 because it causes me dry mouth and my sleep is not the greatest. The point of this review is not to fully trust all the negative reviews. Try it for yourself every day for one , maybe even 2 weeks and see how it affects you. Best of luck."

Dinodagino July 27, 2017

"It takes hours and hours to kick in. I even took 2 to speed up my relief and 3 hours later I'm still suffering. Zyrtec works within 30 min and lasts 24 hours. I will never take claritin again when I need immediate relief."

Tlo2407!sacramento May 19, 2017

"It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward."

Sunnyismyangel March 31, 2017

"Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

"It takes so long to kick in and only works for like two hours."

Somejuan (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2015

"It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them"

LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

"Helps for the first day, then symptoms return. Starting Zyrtec now."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

"This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy."

Wendover June 14, 2010

"Didn't do much for my allergies. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

"I took Claritin on two occasions to alleviate stuffy head colds and runny nose. I took 2 pills, one each on successive days about a month apart, and a day after taking them experienced both times a bloody nose. I am an older adult and haven't had a bloody nose since I was a child."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

"Slow to get going but lasts forever when activated."

billy killer August 24, 2009

"I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

"Claritin seems to help for the first 2-3 day, but loses all effectiveness for me beyond that. All symptoms return."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

"I have tried it more than once. It was as if I took nothing. No help from taking it."

jonryan April 11, 2009

"Works great, no side effects."

Anonymous April 7, 2009

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)