User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra 24 Hour Allergy, Allegra Allergy, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Children's Allegra Allergy, Children's Allegra ODT

Urticaria
7.8

Allergic Rhinitis
6.5

Physical Urticaria

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 6.9 105 reviews

Reviews for Fexofenadine

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I started getting daily urticaria in October 2018. At first, I just hoped it would go away, and I refused to take antihistamines, but after a month of itching and rashes, I started taking Allegra. The Allegra worked well; my rashes and itching were significantly reduced. However, Allegra is only effective for me at daily doses of 180 mg or higher. I tried the 60 mg doses; they helped but there was still itching and random rashes. With my doctor's approval, I eventually doubled the dose of Allegra to 360 mg daily. This dose is very effective for me. For me, side effects are non existent with Allegra. I have tried other antihistamines, but Allegra and Loratadine are the only ones that aren't noticeably sedating. Cetirizine is supposed to be non-sedating, but that isn't the case. If anyones has chronic urticaria, I recommend first trying the 180 mg dose of Allegra. If this isn't enough, talk to your doctor to see if it is okay to take the 180 mg dose twice daily."

bash-terminal (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Urticaria: "Suffered for 15 yrs went to many drs. Went to immunologist put me on 2 allegra morning and nite. Said reg dose will not suppress them. mazing results. Also took xolair shot, extremely expensive but insurance did pay."

Sp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2019

For Urticaria: "Been suffering from chronic idiopathic spontanous uritacaria for 3 months now. Drs prescribed this after I had taken week prednisolone and ranitidine (zantac). I started on 120mg which didn't work then drs increased my dosage to 180mg twice a day that did not work. I've just not bothered taking it unless necessary now and I think benadryl gives me slight comfort. Fexofenadrine is absolutely useless for me. This was the same medication I was given last summer due to hayfever and it did not work at all. Terrible"

Hussein (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2019

For Physical Urticaria: " I havd been taking this drug for three days and I still don't feel any different. I'm really frustrated"

Cbby (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I normally use Claritin but ran out. I took 1 Allegra 12 hour and it was completely worthless like I took nothing. I had to wait and suffer for 12 hours until I could buy some new Claritin and that worked."

ItchyDrippyNose (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Urticaria: "Fexofenadine was first prescribed to me for chronic urticaria with angiodema five years ago by a private Dr in the UK. Symptoms disappeared for five years but came back this summer. Have since moved to France and was worried I wouldn’t be able to find this drug but thankfully I’m back on it to control the misery that is living with hives/angiodema. More than that - it’s actually a wonder drug for me.....honestly couldn’t live without it!"

frenchniks August 1, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Both me and my girlfriend have allergies and took one each of 180mg Allegra today and only today... with that said my throat feels like it’s half shut, very dizzy upon standing, feel like death honestly I’ll never take one again I guess I’ll suffer with allergies"

Eli (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Been battling Uticaria for 5 years and taking Certizine, Hydroxyzine and Zantac. Constant itching. Don't know why. Never completely goes away unless I take prednisone which I normally don't use, but I will take for about a week to get some relief from the constant itching. I try, not very successfully, to not to scratch the itchy hives which I hate with a passion. Because of the favorable remarks about Allegra I'm going to use this medication. I've also been treated with Light therapy which has worked quite well in temporarily clearing up my skin."

Sonny July 20, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Absolutely wonderful"

LUc (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It definitely helps my sinus problems, but my eyes feel extremely tender and I can barely keep them open throughout the day. So it's not a solution for me. I'm probably just going to go through with 3-5 years shot treatment to rid myself of allergies once and for all. I don't want to take these random medications anymore."

master1g (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Guys, it works great for a temporary relief of the hives for sure. Don’t ever settle for idiopathic if you get them often though. I have been going through this for years myself, constant break outs, suppressing symptoms, now I’m done doing that. I’m getting to the root of the problem, and the answer is going to integrative functional medicine. This issue seems to be more gut related and it’s gonna cost me a fortune, but they have the proper tests to run to find out what’s going on instead of pushing a million pills on you. Let me tell you, my issue and probably a lot of you have auto immune related things going on. Don’t ever let someone tell you that auto immune means your body is attacking itself, I can promise you it’s not. It’s your body trying to heal itself, that’s what our bodies are made to do in crisis. I will update once I get my tests done."

Trac May 5, 2018

For Urticaria: "fexofenadine is a great medicine, but if you are on statins that may be the root cause, fexofenadine does help enormously with symptoms."

moray (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "It's a great medicine for the hives I get Daily, other medicine were good but non drowsy allegra is the best solution. Now my worry is how can I get rid of the hives permanently coz if I don't take a pill a day then the hives start appearing back immediately. Any solutions?. My life is now dependent on this medicine. Can anyone please tell me the side effects of this medicine coz am taking it on daily basis."

Akash V b January 10, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Don’t buy the worthless medicine at all it doesn’t work. I wasn’t having a good day, all day I couldn’t breathe and it was bugging me. So I bought Allegra. And I could tell you, it didn’t work at all. It was like I never even took medicine. It didn’t help or nothing I couldn’t breathe all night and it was frustrating. Don’t buy!"

Down sim drums (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I am 47 years old and I have been suffering from urticaria since 2014. After lots of treatment now I am taking allegra 180mg twice a day...but only when I take allegra my itching reduces (does not completely vanish) but when I didn't take it again erupts. Is there no permanent treatment to it? How long one can take medicine.."

Rakhi dewan (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "From past 1 yr I'm having chronic urticaria. If my diet is clean no hives occurs, it's due to food that I eat. After months of steroids and h1 & H2 antihistamines I have recovered almost 70% now from past 3 days I didn't took any medicine, as I ate some oily food n chicken outside my hives have increased so now I'm taking Allegra 120 mg (half)tablet after reading all the above comments. Next review will be soon"

Muneeb-India (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Medication worked well...however I could not open the bottle. I had to use plyers and a screwdriver to open the lid. I would recommend an easier to open bottle."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have used anything from chlorpheniramine to claritin to zyrtec and then telfast by far telfast is the only one that didn't make me overly drowsy. Just this morning I woke up feeling miserable stuck nose and sneezing like over 10 times and heavy headed. I popped a pill and went to work and within an hour I was almost good as new. Throughout the day I was very productive and not once dozy. With my nose not running a bit, I even had the energy to run a 10km in the evening myself!!!"

KerrySG May 11, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I take allergy preparations year round, Claritin in fall and winter, and Allegra spring and summer. Both claim to be effective immediately, (within hours) however, my experience is that it takes a week for them to work, so, for a week in spring, and a week in the fall, I take both, otherwise I am miserable with runny nose itchy eyes, sore throat, etc. Both claim to be non drowsy, but for me this is not the case, so I take them at night. I give allegra a middle of the road 5 as a rating, because it's better than nothing!"

nurse23456 (taken for 10 years or more) March 25, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra gel tabs make me drowsy were as Regular Allegra does not make me drowsy"

Nurse12345 March 9, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I was prescribed Allegra after years of using Sudafed over the counter believing that my sinuses were the problem. My GP and I finally managed to figure out that the problem was allergic rhinitis. I take 180mg on a daily basis and since I've been taking I don't suffer with too much blockage and congestion however I have gained weight since taking this daily. I am doing a trial run of going without Allegra and also Cerazette to see whether bloating goes down. It's brilliant for my allergies without a doubt, the pro's outweigh the cons however I cannot continue gaining weight. Within 6 months of taking these alongside Cerazette daily I have gained 1st. I am trying to find a new alternative although this has worked brilliantly."

mindofabull February 7, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Day two... I have taken 2 gel caps and it has not helped. Itchy roof of mouth. Unable to breathe through my nose, it is completely stopped up. Symptoms are worse than yesterday. Eyes are red, itchy and teary. I a cannot sleep. I do not recommend."

Rosalinda Soto February 1, 2017

For Urticaria: "works well for my itchy skin and rhinitis. I take it daily and will continue."

#Ilovemyallegra January 17, 2017

For Not Listed / Other: "Taking 180mg daily Fexofenadine for Angio Edema. Not had an attack for the last month whilst on it, so am pleased. No side effects other than quite bad dreams. The alternative in not taking it is severe facial swellings which will give other people bad dreams, so intend to keep using!"

Xine (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Couldn't wait to write a review on this drug. I've been suffering with what I thought was sinus issues for the past 3 years, seen specialists and they also diagnosed me wrong. Felt extreme and chronic fatigue on a daily basis and was being signed off work for that, this was causing me depression and I was ready to start anti-depressants not long ago until a few weeks ago my eyes started burning upon waking up in the mornings, I went to see a GP and was prescribed 180mg of Telfast x1 a day and these have been absolute life savers, words can not describe how much better I am feeling. I have my life back & energy back. Only side effect was vivid dreams but they are tolerable. I'm now on these long term."

laurapereira2018 October 3, 2016