User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy

Learn more about Fexofenadine.

Urticaria 23 reviews 184 medications

8.1
Allergic Rhinitis 53 reviews 872 medications

6.9
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 76 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Fexofenadine

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It seemed to me the reviews here were overly negative for Allegra. For me, Allegra has the fewest side effects. I've never had any drowsiness issues with Allegra.I have noticed that it takes about two hours to get the maximum benefit although starts to work in 20 minutes. It does lose potency after 7-8 hours. I sometimes cut the pills in half so can you extend the effect a little longer. It does provide excellent relief. For extreme pollen levels, I think Zyrtec or Xyzal are a little stronger. But, I would try this because it seems to less side effects if you have not been a regular antihistamine user."

NCResident (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2016

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I received this medication as a free sample via U.S. Mail. It cleared my sinuses for 24 hours but I was also bolt awake for 24 hours, like I was on some kind of stimulant. I would take it in severe sinusitis attacks, but not for routine allergy treatment. It also dried my sinuses out so badly that I was afraid I'd get a nosebleed for days afterwards."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I take Allegra every day. It has changed my life in that I can now expose myself to outdoor conditions that in the past were unheard of. Allegra is truly a 24 hour med. I can count it down to the minutes when my allergic symptoms and sneezing return. When taken regularly, this medicine is very powerful."

HappyandIknow it (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 30, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe hayfever where my eyes swell to the point I can barely open them. I was given fexofenadine 180 mg from the dr which seemed to work for a little while, but now it barely touches me and my hayfever is worse then ever. Back to the dr I go Monday"

Nikkijd June 17, 2016

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "SUCKS! Doesn't work at all!! Kept me up half the night from sneezing.. Seriously feel the same from when I didn't take any medicine at all. Definitely should of read the reviews before buying ."

Whitney26388326 (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Urticaria: "This medication has teduced the hives and swellings I get when touching cold items like keys, refrigerated vegetables and frozen foods. It has also reduced my skin's reaction to touch and pressure. I have noticed though that my skin on my face is getting 'rougher' and not as soft as it was before I started taking the medication 4 month's ago."

Aldershot May 10, 2016

For Urticaria: "I am suffering by a strong urticaria, i tooked fexofenadine 180 mg i felt very good and the urticaria has 90% gone but after 1 week it returns idk why and i was still taking my pill so i started taking 1 pill morning and one at night and the urticaria is still here but all i'll never give up maybe i am going to use hydroxyzine now"

Anonymous May 6, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been an allergy sufferer for a long time. When I started taking ALLEGRA 24 hrs. it worked just fine. But, the problem is that this medication works as intended it work for 24 hrs. straight and it keep you awake for 24 hrs. Too. So, if I take a pill of ALLEGRA, at night it keeps me awake. In other words, I stay awake for most of the night and get not sleep at all. This is the reason why I don’t recommend ALLEGRA because it will keep awake and get no sleep at all. I need to find other way to fight my allergies."

P Towers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took the standard dose as prescribed. And not even 30 minutes later I'm sneezing like crazy and nose is running like Niagara falls. Its claims of 24hr relief is garbage."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Urticaria: "I have severe chronic ulticaria angieodema. My gp prescribed me 180mg a day which helped but not resolve the problem. He then had me try piriton which made me sick and dizzy. He referred me to an immunologist who has now prescribed me 720mg a day fexofenedine. Its been a week i feel like a new person.. only downside is convincing my go that my immunologist knows what he is doing updosing x 4!! Ppl get yourself referred to an immunologist and get yourselves sorted out ☺ note i am in the uk and my immunologist was done via private health cover and my drugs are via the nhs."

Andrea B April 22, 2016

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I had my mother taking this for her allergies. It did nothing for her. After taking for almost 3 weeks, she broke out in hives. We stopped immediately. Went back to Clariten"

spanielmom (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have suffered hayfever and allergies all my life - all antihistamines never worked at all. Telfast however which contains fexofenadine is fantastic. I take it and all my symptoms disappear with no side effects! It has literally changed my life."

SammiL April 5, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have suffered from cold hives for about 10 years now and till this day I have not found a solution. Allegra does nothing for me. I take about two allegras everytime I step out my house and still get hives all over my face and body. Thats more than the recommended dosage for 180mg. I still have hope that theres a cure somewhere out there"

Danniiee (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2016

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I experienced no relief of allergy symptoms with this medication."

crankydragon (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Doesn't work at all"

Browneyes1769 March 15, 2016

For Urticaria: "Take with care if you suffer from focal migraines - instantly brought on an attack for me. Stopped the meds straight away, no idea whether it would help for my Urticaria"

HannahK86 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Urticaria: "This fexofenadine really works for my urticaria. I got a strong and painful urticaria god knows from where. After a week this product is helping a lot . Not side effects whatsoever."

mauro thailand November 21, 2015

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have chronic idiopathic urticaria and like a lot of other people on this thread I tried Benadryl,creams, oatmeal baths, changing soaps... didn't help. I tried Allegra for the first time last night and had almost instant relief. I still have some hives but the itching is far less intense and the hive are less red. I am glad I came across some of these reviews!!"

Alexandriagal November 10, 2015

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I went to a local clinic to treat Urticaria and was given 60mg of prednisone on my cheek. It had no effect on my body and the symptoms even got worse. Then my doctor recommended to take Benadryl (H1 blocker) and Zantac (H2 blocker) altogether. I took both pills and it made me extremely drowsy (Benadryl) and Zantac actually alleviated my symptoms just a little bit. I woke up next morning and found out that Urticaria has come back. Then someone recommended me to take the Allegra (Fexofenadine 180mg) and it really works without any side-effects of drowsiness. I think Fexofenadine is god given allergy medicine. I tried Benadryl, Zyrtec and Claritin before. Their effectiveness on Urticaria is far less than Allegra."

Works incredible w/o side efct (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I get allergy attacks often. Normally every day if I don't take anything. A friend gave me a large and a travel size container of this stuff. And I have to say, it has yet to do anything. Even when I take 2 of them. Nothing. Then I'll have an allergy attack that'll last days if left untreated. It is sad to say, I will not be buying this again, nor will I recommend it to anyone."

Lolo 13 October 8, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Fexofenadine only slightly reduced my nasal symtoms, but did no reduce any of my utacharia/dermatitis rashes, Trying ceterizine now,."

nomoreallergies October 7, 2015

Aller-Ease (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Used it for two months and had no results it was still really bad!"

Garith September 25, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Had really bad hayfever for the past x6 years and tried the commercial brand tablets but had no effect. This hayfever season after a trip to the doc advised fexofenadine and it worked for me with no side effects."

andy_aki August 26, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "So I have had eczema hayfever and IBS. It's 2 days since I started this med and all of my systoms are 80 percent disappeared."

sue78 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I recently had an allergic outbreak of hives ... My doctor prescribed prednisone 6-day pack and steroid cream. I tried benadryl first thinking it would help control the itching. It did not. I was so miserable from the itching the hives caused I was willing to try anything. I came across this page about Allegra. I was prescribed Allegra in the past and it worked really well for my seasonal allergies. I decided to give Allegra a try ... I'm glad i did!!! It Stopped on the itching and cleared up 80% of my hives in 1 hour... Thank God this is Over the Counter. Doctors always tell you to use Benadryl ... it will only make you sleepy and its not very effective at controlling the itch of hives. Unless you take a very large dose."

Gabe773 August 7, 2015