User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy, Allegra ODT

Urticaria 7.3
Allergic Rhinitis 6.1
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 6.4 137 reviews

Reviews for Fexofenadine

GlueBear · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

For Urticaria: “So I used to use Over the Counter antihistamines but recently they’ve become ineffective. The Doctors prescribed me with fexofenadine and it did not do anything at all. I’m struggling really hard because I’m bed ridden most of the day because all the sneezing is causing pains in my body from all the strain. I’ve gone back to trialing over the counter medication.”

Dani · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I'm a 20 year old female. I started taking allegra because other allergy meds were too strong for me or didn't work, and I wanted to avoid lactose. :b well... I've been taking allegra 60mg for like three weeks for my food/seasonal/pet allergies and these past couple of days my stomach is a mess!!! I feel like pure trash and I'm having major panic attacks out of nowhere. Dehydration, dry mouth, chapped and painful lips, this weird scalp rash, and just feeling generally unwell. I might just switch back to Zyrtec because I'm out of options.”

Deedee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2020

For Urticaria: “I was prescribed fexofenadine 180mg daily for severe itching due to eczema but I also suffer from hay fever too. Initially worked great for the itching (I was talking it every other day at this point), however when hay fever season started I upped this to one tablet per day and began to experience horrible symptoms. I had heart palpitations, anxiety and had panic attacks for weeks before I realised that it might be caused by these tablets. I also have a heart condition (mitral regurgitation) and thought this was getting worse as the palpitations were horrible so was very concerned. After stopping the medication I felt better within a few days although the anxiety did linger for a week or so. Very scary experience!!!”

A'ohe · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 31, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I get 120mg fexofenadine tablets on prescription and take one to one and a half per day as needed. I have very, VERY bad hayfever, this tablet is literally the only one I've ever tried that actually does anything. After taking 60 - 120mg in a morning, by mid morning I'm usually completely symptom free. On especially pollen heavy days, I'll take another 60mg early to mid afternoon. They work absolutely great, I can still smoke and go to the pub. I do keep a nasal spray and eye drops handy in case it gets really, really bad (eg if I go camping) The only side affect I've ever noticed is that I get itchy when I stop taking them after hay fever season but this stops after a week or so.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Not the first time I've used Allegra. It works, but if you smoke it might not work as well. Smoking gives me more allergy symptoms, so Allegra is just not enough usually. Combined with Otrivine (as prescribes by my doctor) it does the trick though. Never had any side effects, so there is that.”

Pawar · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was suffering from allergic sinusitis.My one of nostril was blocked.After taking Allegra 120 once a day *7 days my nostril was cleared.”

Cook · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Awful! absolute nightmare and bad side effects! I had to stop it after 4 days due severe side effects. Made me very ill it is non drowsy however I felt severe heartburn, nausea, flu like symptoms, chills, weakness. further more stopped working after 18 hours.”

Pooja · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Urticaria: “I'd suffering from urticaria last one year. I took all meds, but nothing was working. At last my doctor prescribed me fexofenadine and loratidine It is really magic. My hives go away 70% now I can eat all food thanks fexofenadine”

Regret.... · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 2, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It took me 5 years to realize Allegra was making my life a living nightmare. I have bad allergies and take it year-round. Prior to starting Allegra I had never experienced anxiety. Overnight I started having panic attacks. My ears starting ringing all the time and I started getting this tingling/numbing in my left arm. I also started waking up with swollen hands, feet and face. I saw many doctors for these symptoms, I was in my mid 20's. Nobody could figure it out. I recently had been talking to a new allergist about all the issues and realized the correlation between days I take the med and waking up swollen so I Googled the side effects. I was horrified to see the reviews!! One lady even wrote an entire article about the tingling issue. I stopped the medication immediately and am starting to feel like my old self again. I'm angry that I've been dealing with this for so long and could've stopped it had I known.....”

Li · Taken for 10 years or more April 21, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was prescribed for sinus problems actually made me worse”

Snob April 8, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I’ve taken Allegra for seasonal allergies and urticaria. There were 4 separate occasions where I used it and each time, unfortunately, made no difference for me. This was my attempted try and I took it about 6 hours ago, still no relief. I won’t be using Allegra again.”

Daashee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: “This is really a question than a comment. The question is for "Trac" who was going to post the results of his treatment, it was a while ago May 5, 2018. I am interested to know how and if it was treated. Thanks!”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

For Urticaria: “Went to pharmacist this morning after suffering continuous sneezing , itchy eyes and nose running like a tap. He gave me fexofenadine 180 and said it would work. I have now taken the correct dose of tablets since this morning and absolutely no improvement . I'm desperate. Tried other anthistamines before this and they don't work either.”

Joseph-rat · Taken for 10 years or more January 31, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It works for me I have severe mould allergy which mostly keep in check with montelukast, Dymista and Advair but during heavy raining period I will get symptoms breakthrough, especially itchy eyes. This helps but I need to take up to 2 pills of 180mg twice a day for it to work all day. Tolerance does build up overtime so I cannot used it continuously.”

Alexa · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2020

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “So, my body has a very high natural histamine level, which means that I will break out in hives with feet and hand swelling almost every day. There’s no cause, my histamine levels tend to just be high. A long time ago, my sister used to use this medicine for the same condition. Therefore, when I started breaking out, my mom recommended this to me. As soon as I started taking it, it was truly a miracle. It works so quickly and efficiently to relieve my hives and remove the swelling to allow me to be able to walk on my feet properly. I have zero side effects. It’s just a medicine that does its job, no drowsiness, no nausea. I accidentally double-dosed once and not a single problem happened. It’s an incredible medicine. I’m thankful for Allegra/fexofenadine.”

Jim · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 18, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Been taking the telfast brand now for three years and brilliant but they have now changed the production and the new tablets do nothing for me. They are in a different blister pack and different colour. Now have to go back to doctor to suggest another type.”

TrippieRedd · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2019

For Urticaria: “It doesnt help.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Did NOTHING for my hayfever.”

CL August 29, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: “I have chronic idiopathic urticaria, may have autoimmune component. It started 4 months ago after multiple days off bites by oak mites and maybe a spider or two. I'm on 3 x 180 mg Allegra and 300 mg zantac in the morning plus 3 x 10 mg Zyrtec and 300 mg zantac at night. Plus miscellaneous Benadryl here and there. Hives went away for few weeks and now they are back. Can't afford Xolair. Not sure what's next. This is craziness. Might have to research "Vitamin D deficiency in chronic idiopathic urticaria"”

DrKailas · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: “Good for urticaria”

Jc · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have taken Allegra the past few years during ragweed season which I am allergic to. I take it at night so do not have drowsiness during the day. I find it effective but have one major problem which is a side effect that has caused me to stop taking it - joint pain and weakness especially in my ankles. It became unbearable. As soon as I stopped taking it , it went away. I noticed the correlation last year but thought it was a coincidence. Now I know it's not. Pharmacists and Dr's please pay attention this very real and perhaps more common than thought side effect.”

Red August 10, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: “My sister in law whom is a M.D, recommended me Allegra daily for my urticaria. I was hesitant at first for the fact that I didn't want to begin my day taking pills. I guess I was waiting for my hives to clear on their own which till this day I still struggle. Allegra, is my savior I take 1 every morning to relieve my itchiness and welts, they help me very much.”

Martika · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “The worst allergy medicine ever! I’ve taken Benadryl in the past, and it works, however I didn’t want to be drowsy, so I thought I try Allegra. Nothing ever happened, very dissatisfied!”

Roody · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “15 years of hayfever since pregnancy. I have tried everything with limited success. I am over the moon, literally! I have mild itching but that’s it. I’ve sneezed 6 times this week as opposed to 60 a minute! I can breathe, I am happy, I love summer again and I’m not a zombie! It works for me and I hope it works for you because hayfever is far worse than many people think!”

Dazza June 22, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “For the first time in well over 10 years I stood in a field of grass today on a day forecast as “very high grass pollen”. I haven’t sneezed once, my eyes have watered maybe a couple of times. I was classified “class 5 of 6” allergy (unsure of what scale) by my previous GP and trialed on Grazax, unfortunately that wound up not suiting after a wisdom tooth extraction. Throughout the years my former GP gave various steroid nasal sprays, and antihistamines, I tried Prevalin, which worked decently well. All of this is irrelevant however as my new GP gave me Telfast 1x120mg Fexofenadine tablets and a Avamys nasal spray this year in May and I am in disbelief with how well it is working. No major exhaustion, possibly some very mild nausea. But for me personally this has been a life changing experience. I’m now alive the entire year, not just half of it. I would hope everyone can find the level of relief I’m feeling.”