User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy, Allegra ODT

Urticaria

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 6.9 116 reviews

Reviews for Fexofenadine

Red August 10, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "My sister in law whom is a M.D, recommended me Allegra daily for my urticaria. I was hesitant at first for the fact that I didn't want to begin my day taking pills. I guess I was waiting for my hives to clear on their own which till this day I still struggle. Allegra, is my savior I take 1 every morning to relieve my itchiness and welts, they help me very much."

Martika · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "The worst allergy medicine ever! I’ve taken Benadryl in the past, and it works, however I didn’t want to be drowsy, so I thought I try Allegra. Nothing ever happened, very dissatisfied!"

Roody · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "15 years of hayfever since pregnancy. I have tried everything with limited success. I am over the moon, literally! I have mild itching but that’s it. I’ve sneezed 6 times this week as opposed to 60 a minute! I can breathe, I am happy, I love summer again and I’m not a zombie! It works for me and I hope it works for you because hayfever is far worse than many people think!"

Dazza June 22, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "For the first time in well over 10 years I stood in a field of grass today on a day forecast as “very high grass pollen”. I haven’t sneezed once, my eyes have watered maybe a couple of times. I was classified “class 5 of 6” allergy (unsure of what scale) by my previous GP and trialed on Grazax, unfortunately that wound up not suiting after a wisdom tooth extraction. Throughout the years my former GP gave various steroid nasal sprays, and antihistamines, I tried Prevalin, which worked decently well. All of this is irrelevant however as my new GP gave me Telfast 1x120mg Fexofenadine tablets and a Avamys nasal spray this year in May and I am in disbelief with how well it is working. No major exhaustion, possibly some very mild nausea. But for me personally this has been a life changing experience. I’m now alive the entire year, not just half of it. I would hope everyone can find the level of relief I’m feeling."

Sue · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This medication didn't work for me, after a few days of taking it I had a headache, back pain, nausea, a sore stomach and poor appetite, I have gone back to over the counter medication."

yash · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 29, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Fexofenadine has been very effective medicine during hay fever season. I have tried different allergy meds with less effect... this one is the best so far."

James · Taken for 10 years or more May 26, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Rubbish, even the brand name telfast don't work, I'm bleeding from scratching my itchy skin and these don't work. GP is utterly irresponsible and clueless on allergy matters. Its either placebo or rubbish."

Georgia · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used to take brand name name allergy tablets but now I take chemist brand fexofenadine and it works better"

Sm · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have eczema which cause awful flare ups on my hands and caused my skin to get dark . All the topical steroids I applied did not help heal the skin neither did it change the color. However with one allegra a day my skin instantly looked and felt better. Also, it always cures any respiratory allergies as well. I truly recommend this medicine."

Abdul Basit April 3, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Fexofenadine did wonders for me. I have family history of allergies. I took it for a week and my symptoms were controlled for like 2 months after I took it."

Blue · Taken for 10 years or more February 26, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I Live in the UK and I get this from my Doctor, they have prescribed me 2 x 120mg tablets a day. I take it for my severe hay fever along side avamys nasal spray. I have to start taking it about a month before my symptoms started to clear and I take it religiously every day before food or it doesn't work. Also I cannot drink apple or orange juice whilst taking it as it gives bad side affects and no alcohol."

bash-terminal · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I started getting daily urticaria in October 2018. At first, I just hoped it would go away, and I refused to take antihistamines, but after a month of itching and rashes, I started taking Allegra. The Allegra worked well; my rashes and itching were significantly reduced. However, Allegra is only effective for me at daily doses of 180 mg or higher. I tried the 60 mg doses; they helped but there was still itching and random rashes. With my doctor's approval, I eventually doubled the dose of Allegra to 360 mg daily. This dose is very effective for me. For me, side effects are non existent with Allegra. I have tried other antihistamines, but Allegra and Loratadine are the only ones that aren't noticeably sedating. Cetirizine is supposed to be non-sedating, but that isn't the case. If anyones has chronic urticaria, I recommend first trying the 180 mg dose of Allegra. If this isn't enough, talk to your doctor to see if it is okay to take the 180 mg dose twice daily."

Sp · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2019

For Urticaria: "Suffered for 15 yrs went to many drs. Went to immunologist put me on 2 allegra morning and nite. Said reg dose will not suppress them. mazing results. Also took xolair shot, extremely expensive but insurance did pay."

Hussein · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2019

For Urticaria: "Been suffering from chronic idiopathic spontanous uritacaria for 3 months now. Drs prescribed this after I had taken week prednisolone and ranitidine (zantac). I started on 120mg which didn't work then drs increased my dosage to 180mg twice a day that did not work. I've just not bothered taking it unless necessary now and I think benadryl gives me slight comfort. Fexofenadrine is absolutely useless for me. This was the same medication I was given last summer due to hayfever and it did not work at all. Terrible"

Cbby · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2018

For Physical Urticaria: " I havd been taking this drug for three days and I still don't feel any different. I'm really frustrated"

ItchyDrippyNose · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I normally use Claritin but ran out. I took 1 Allegra 12 hour and it was completely worthless like I took nothing. I had to wait and suffer for 12 hours until I could buy some new Claritin and that worked."

frenchniks August 1, 2018

For Urticaria: "Fexofenadine was first prescribed to me for chronic urticaria with angiodema five years ago by a private Dr in the UK. Symptoms disappeared for five years but came back this summer. Have since moved to France and was worried I wouldn’t be able to find this drug but thankfully I’m back on it to control the misery that is living with hives/angiodema. More than that - it’s actually a wonder drug for me.....honestly couldn’t live without it!"

Eli · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Both me and my girlfriend have allergies and took one each of 180mg Allegra today and only today... with that said my throat feels like it’s half shut, very dizzy upon standing, feel like death honestly I’ll never take one again I guess I’ll suffer with allergies"

Sonny July 20, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Been battling Uticaria for 5 years and taking Certizine, Hydroxyzine and Zantac. Constant itching. Don't know why. Never completely goes away unless I take prednisone which I normally don't use, but I will take for about a week to get some relief from the constant itching. I try, not very successfully, to not to scratch the itchy hives which I hate with a passion. Because of the favorable remarks about Allegra I'm going to use this medication. I've also been treated with Light therapy which has worked quite well in temporarily clearing up my skin."

LUc · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 29, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Absolutely wonderful"

master1g · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It definitely helps my sinus problems, but my eyes feel extremely tender and I can barely keep them open throughout the day. So it's not a solution for me. I'm probably just going to go through with 3-5 years shot treatment to rid myself of allergies once and for all. I don't want to take these random medications anymore."

Trac May 5, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Guys, it works great for a temporary relief of the hives for sure. Don’t ever settle for idiopathic if you get them often though. I have been going through this for years myself, constant break outs, suppressing symptoms, now I’m done doing that. I’m getting to the root of the problem, and the answer is going to integrative functional medicine. This issue seems to be more gut related and it’s gonna cost me a fortune, but they have the proper tests to run to find out what’s going on instead of pushing a million pills on you. Let me tell you, my issue and probably a lot of you have auto immune related things going on. Don’t ever let someone tell you that auto immune means your body is attacking itself, I can promise you it’s not. It’s your body trying to heal itself, that’s what our bodies are made to do in crisis. I will update once I get my tests done."

moray · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2018

For Urticaria: "fexofenadine is a great medicine, but if you are on statins that may be the root cause, fexofenadine does help enormously with symptoms."

Akash V b January 10, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "It's a great medicine for the hives I get Daily, other medicine were good but non drowsy allegra is the best solution. Now my worry is how can I get rid of the hives permanently coz if I don't take a pill a day then the hives start appearing back immediately. Any solutions?. My life is now dependent on this medicine. Can anyone please tell me the side effects of this medicine coz am taking it on daily basis."

Down sim drums · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Don’t buy the worthless medicine at all it doesn’t work. I wasn’t having a good day, all day I couldn’t breathe and it was bugging me. So I bought Allegra. And I could tell you, it didn’t work at all. It was like I never even took medicine. It didn’t help or nothing I couldn’t breathe all night and it was frustrating. Don’t buy!"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)