User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy

Urticaria

Allergic Rhinitis
6.6

Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 7.1 97 reviews

Reviews for Fexofenadine

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Absolutely wonderful"

LUc (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It definitely helps my sinus problems, but my eyes feel extremely tender and I can barely keep them open throughout the day. So it's not a solution for me. I'm probably just going to go through with 3-5 years shot treatment to rid myself of allergies once and for all. I don't want to take these random medications anymore."

master1g (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Guys, it works great for a temporary relief of the hives for sure. Don’t ever settle for idiopathic if you get them often though. I have been going through this for years myself, constant break outs, suppressing symptoms, now I’m done doing that. I’m getting to the root of the problem, and the answer is going to integrative functional medicine. This issue seems to be more gut related and it’s gonna cost me a fortune, but they have the proper tests to run to find out what’s going on instead of pushing a million pills on you. Let me tell you, my issue and probably a lot of you have auto immune related things going on. Don’t ever let someone tell you that auto immune means your body is attacking itself, I can promise you it’s not. It’s your body trying to heal itself, that’s what our bodies are made to do in crisis. I will update once I get my tests done."

Trac May 5, 2018

For Urticaria: "fexofenadine is a great medicine, but if you are on statins that may be the root cause, fexofenadine does help enormously with symptoms."

moray (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "It's a great medicine for the hives I get Daily, other medicine were good but non drowsy allegra is the best solution. Now my worry is how can I get rid of the hives permanently coz if I don't take a pill a day then the hives start appearing back immediately. Any solutions?. My life is now dependent on this medicine. Can anyone please tell me the side effects of this medicine coz am taking it on daily basis."

Akash V b January 10, 2018

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Don’t buy the worthless medicine at all it doesn’t work. I wasn’t having a good day, all day I couldn’t breathe and it was bugging me. So I bought Allegra. And I could tell you, it didn’t work at all. It was like I never even took medicine. It didn’t help or nothing I couldn’t breathe all night and it was frustrating. Don’t buy!"

Down sim drums (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I am 47 years old and I have been suffering from urticaria since 2014. After lots of treatment now I am taking allegra 180mg twice a day...but only when I take allegra my itching reduces (does not completely vanish) but when I didn't take it again erupts. Is there no permanent treatment to it? How long one can take medicine.."

Rakhi dewan (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "From past 1 yr I'm having chronic urticaria. If my diet is clean no hives occurs, it's due to food that I eat. After months of steroids and h1 & H2 antihistamines I have recovered almost 70% now from past 3 days I didn't took any medicine, as I ate some oily food n chicken outside my hives have increased so now I'm taking Allegra 120 mg (half)tablet after reading all the above comments. Next review will be soon"

Muneeb-India (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Medication worked well...however I could not open the bottle. I had to use plyers and a screwdriver to open the lid. I would recommend an easier to open bottle."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have used anything from chlorpheniramine to claritin to zyrtec and then telfast by far telfast is the only one that didn't make me overly drowsy. Just this morning I woke up feeling miserable stuck nose and sneezing like over 10 times and heavy headed. I popped a pill and went to work and within an hour I was almost good as new. Throughout the day I was very productive and not once dozy. With my nose not running a bit, I even had the energy to run a 10km in the evening myself!!!"

KerrySG May 11, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I take allergy preparations year round, Claritin in fall and winter, and Allegra spring and summer. Both claim to be effective immediately, (within hours) however, my experience is that it takes a week for them to work, so, for a week in spring, and a week in the fall, I take both, otherwise I am miserable with runny nose itchy eyes, sore throat, etc. Both claim to be non drowsy, but for me this is not the case, so I take them at night. I give allegra a middle of the road 5 as a rating, because it's better than nothing!"

nurse23456 (taken for 10 years or more) March 25, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra gel tabs make me drowsy were as Regular Allegra does not make me drowsy"

Nurse12345 March 9, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I was prescribed Allegra after years of using Sudafed over the counter believing that my sinuses were the problem. My GP and I finally managed to figure out that the problem was allergic rhinitis. I take 180mg on a daily basis and since I've been taking I don't suffer with too much blockage and congestion however I have gained weight since taking this daily. I am doing a trial run of going without Allegra and also Cerazette to see whether bloating goes down. It's brilliant for my allergies without a doubt, the pro's outweigh the cons however I cannot continue gaining weight. Within 6 months of taking these alongside Cerazette daily I have gained 1st. I am trying to find a new alternative although this has worked brilliantly."

mindofabull February 7, 2017

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Day two... I have taken 2 gel caps and it has not helped. Itchy roof of mouth. Unable to breathe through my nose, it is completely stopped up. Symptoms are worse than yesterday. Eyes are red, itchy and teary. I a cannot sleep. I do not recommend."

Rosalinda Soto February 1, 2017

For Urticaria: "works well for my itchy skin and rhinitis. I take it daily and will continue."

#Ilovemyallegra January 17, 2017

For Not Listed / Other: "Taking 180mg daily Fexofenadine for Angio Edema. Not had an attack for the last month whilst on it, so am pleased. No side effects other than quite bad dreams. The alternative in not taking it is severe facial swellings which will give other people bad dreams, so intend to keep using!"

Xine (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Couldn't wait to write a review on this drug. I've been suffering with what I thought was sinus issues for the past 3 years, seen specialists and they also diagnosed me wrong. Felt extreme and chronic fatigue on a daily basis and was being signed off work for that, this was causing me depression and I was ready to start anti-depressants not long ago until a few weeks ago my eyes started burning upon waking up in the mornings, I went to see a GP and was prescribed 180mg of Telfast x1 a day and these have been absolute life savers, words can not describe how much better I am feeling. I have my life back & energy back. Only side effect was vivid dreams but they are tolerable. I'm now on these long term."

laurapereira2018 October 3, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took two 180-mg doses of Allegra for hay fever on two consecutive nights. The day after the first dose I experienced mild, intermittent nausea and reduced appetite. The morning after the second dose I was bed-ridden for 3 days with severe nausea, intermittent sweats and chills, aberrant thoughts and dreams, and headache. I did not vomit or have diarrhea nor did I have an abnormal temperature. As I write this on the fourth day I am just getting up and eating a little. This was like no stomach flu I've ever had -- I feel as though I have been poisoned. I firmly believe that my illness is a side effect from the Allegra."

Nauseated in California September 22, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I started Allegra-D 12 hour in 1999 for allergies that left me with migraines & a neck so stiff that I could barley turn my head. Allegra-D 12 hour was a miracle & one tablet a day brought me back to fully functional. It worked great for 15 years. But in summer of 2015, something changed. I would get a box that didn't work as well, then a box that worked just fine. I emailed the manufacturer to ask if they had changed binders / fillers that might make it harder to metabolize the active ingredients. Of course they said "no". Since summer of 2015, Allegra-D has been about as effective as taking a sugar pill. Don't waste your money. Email the company, demand they go back to the old formulation."

Sak1234444 August 20, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have suffered from severe urticaria for years, claritin and zyrtec never did anything for me. I tried oatmeal creams and baths , benadryl and any kind of anti-itch cream I could find, nothing works like Allegra and Pepcid, as long as I take it daily I'm hive free. ALLEGRA is the answer to Hive sufferers."

Hive free August 19, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra is too expensive and doesn't do anything for me. Not worth it."

Jlm998q August 10, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have tried other antihistamines with low response, my locum doctor prescribed Fexofenadine, within 2 days al the itchiness had gone, my hay fever type symptoms were suppressed, wonderful to get my life back. There are numerous products out there, try different ones to find the one that works for you, don't kick Fexofenadine just because it is no good for your symptoms."

Gearboxen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It seemed to me the reviews here were overly negative for Allegra. For me, Allegra has the fewest side effects. I've never had any drowsiness issues with Allegra.I have noticed that it takes about two hours to get the maximum benefit although starts to work in 20 minutes. It does lose potency after 7-8 hours. I sometimes cut the pills in half so can you extend the effect a little longer. It does provide excellent relief. For extreme pollen levels, I think Zyrtec or Xyzal are a little stronger. But, I would try this because it seems to less side effects if you have not been a regular antihistamine user."

NCResident (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2016

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I received this medication as a free sample via U.S. Mail. It cleared my sinuses for 24 hours but I was also bolt awake for 24 hours, like I was on some kind of stimulant. I would take it in severe sinusitis attacks, but not for routine allergy treatment. It also dried my sinuses out so badly that I was afraid I'd get a nosebleed for days afterwards."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I take Allegra every day. It has changed my life in that I can now expose myself to outdoor conditions that in the past were unheard of. Allegra is truly a 24 hour med. I can count it down to the minutes when my allergic symptoms and sneezing return. When taken regularly, this medicine is very powerful."

HappyandIknow it (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 30, 2016