User Reviews for Loratadine

Also known as: Alavert, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Allergy Relief Tablets, Bactimicina Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Children's Claritin Allergy, Claritin, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Claritin Hives Relief, Claritin Reditabs, Clear-Atadine, Clear-Atadine Children's, Dimetapp Children's ND Non-Drowsy Allergy, Help I Have Allergies, Loratadine Reditab, ...show all 19 brand names

Learn more about Loratadine.

Urticaria 8 reviews 188 medications

6.2
Allergic Rhinitis 39 reviews 883 medications

5.7
Summary of Loratadine reviews 47 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Loratadine

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had swollen legs and feet from what I've since discovered was a histamine reaction due to eating two foods that are high in histamine. Dark chocolate and almonds. It was suggested I take Benadryl as this helps many people with this type of reaction. I tried Benadryl first and didn't have any lessening of the swelling. The next day I tried Claritin 24 hour and within hours the swelling was gone. If you have trouble with edema when having a histamine reaction you may want to give this a try. I should note that I have no other allergy symptoms at all. Only edema. Something to do with how my Mast Cells don't work they way they should."

Dozerfan (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It takes hours and hours to kick in. I even took 2 to speed up my relief and 3 hours later I'm still suffering. Zyrtec works within 30 min and lasts 24 hours. I will never take claritin again when I need immediate relief."

Tlo2407!sacramento May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward."

Sunnyismyangel March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claritin (loratadine) for Urticaria: "I gave My daughter Claritin 5mg twice a day following doctors orders along with amoxicillin, she is 10 after taking it for 8 days she started to break out with rash , I took her back to dr she then ordered benedryl for the rash within 5 hrs that rash turned into wells all over her body , it was hot to touch and itchy also she went to ear the next day because of the severity of her condition at that point, ER dr gave her steroid to help with her pain and trying to eliminate the rash , well it's 4 days later and she still has the condition, dr says she has urticaria or Steven Johnson syndrome , so now my daughter and I have to wait day by day and watch her for any new breakouts"

Osborne, melissa November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This is the only medicine that works for my nasal drip, I have yet to find anything better!!!"

Alexis22 November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "The only thing this did for me was waste my money! It wasn't covered by my insurance, so I purchased it at the pharmacy. I couldn't sleep, I got the shakes, felt nervous and dizzy."

Gizzy123 September 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urticaria: "I had chronic hives for over 10 years, frequent and fairly severe. Cold helped to reduce the symptoms, but nothing reduced the frequency. When I started taking loratadine for unrelated allergies I was very pleased to find that the hives went away, for the most part. Every now and then I will have a few, but not all that often and not as severe. This stuff works for me. Yeah!"

meecahw September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I'd say Tic Tacs are more helpful."

Dunkelson July 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "works fast and well."

Jbig daddy June 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Didn't do anything. Benadryl is better."

Ginger101 April 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urticaria: "I am on day three of using this, and so far, my itching has not improved."

reenee1 March 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Urgent Care MD indicated this did not have any side effects! WRONG! Caused severe nervousness!"

Somewhere in Time February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It takes so long to kick in and only works for like two hours."

Somejuan (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "I was recommended allergy tablets by my doctor for a skin rash, after the 2nd night I cannot sleep! I read the leaflet again and one side effect is insomnia, I have never suffered from this before. I will not be taking these again!"

Minimimi July 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Loratadine Reditab (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I was diagnosed with allergy induced sinus infection. I also had really itchy ears and skin patches. The loratadine helped these problems but cause really serious CNS side effects. My PB was elevated by 30 points (154/93) with heart rate at 68. I was in a full body shake early in the morning of the 4 day of treatment. I also experienced serious anxiety and depression problems. I stopped taking the meds and the symptoms gradually subsided through the day. Not a good choice for me."

PJWIS55 June 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them"

LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Best OTC antihistamine I've found for animal allergies. Take at least 5 hours before exposure. Not as good as Zyrtec, for me, for hay fever & other plant allergies."

troubleshooter December 24, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Children's Claritin Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My five year old son took Claritin chewables for approximately two weeks and had a sudden onset of facial tics ( eye blinking). His doctor attributed it to the Claritin and said it was a known side effect, especially with family history of tics. "

Xanmom June 25, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Loratadine worked wonders on my hayfever but it gave me unbelievable insomnia - I have never suffered insomnia before,"

Roger RedHat (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "First of all I'm not and never have been a smoker. Have COPD due to chronic bronchitis, I developed asthma after 40. I've been taking this product for five yrs and the illness due to weather has decreased dramatically I had previously suffered from pneumonia due to worsening bronchitis at least twice a yr. I average once every three years now it is due to consistently taking this year round."

A Robinson May 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been taking this forever for seasonal and year around allergies. No side effects, no interactions that I know of. Every once in awhile when the pollen count gets very high I will also take one Benadryl. That knocks it all back to a comfortable level for days."

Ropeman (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It works."

susy q (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Alavert (loratadine) for Urticaria: "I have been taking this medication for 10 years due to multiple allergies, I TAKE IT AT NIGHT AS IT CAN CAUSE DROWSINESS, ALTHOUGH PERSONALLY I HAVE NOT FOUND THIS TO BE A PROBLEM."

kazren (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Dry mouth."

Anonymous July 16, 2012