User Reviews for Loratadine

Also known as: Claritin, Alavert, Allergy Relief Tablets, Claritin Reditabs, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Wal-itin, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Vicks QlearQuil All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief, Help I Have Allergies, ohm Allergy Relief, Clear-Atadine, Loratadine Reditab, Clear-Atadine Children's, Bactimicina Allergy Tavist ND Children's Claritin Allergy …show all brand names

Loratadine has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 90 ratings on Drugs.com. 42% of those users who reviewed Loratadine reported a positive effect, while 48% reported a negative effect.

Allergic Reactions   5.4
Allergic Rhinitis   5.3
Urticaria   4.6
Allergies   4.0
Summary of Loratadine reviews 5.2 90 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine

Poppasally · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 11, 2020

For Allergies: “Ive been taking Loratadine for quite some time now and I still suffer stuffiness, nasal drainage and itching, sometimes I have itchy eyes. This med does not seem to be working for me.”

Luca2020 · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2020

For Urticaria: “I took 10mg loratadine on Saturday I felt okay when I took it, next day feeling sick dizzy felt like had bad flu, I took it for dermographism on my skin which has got worst. I had bad reaction to this drug. I am writing this on day 3 I still feel wired. Don’t take this if you have bad anxiety and depression making me feel so unwell, headache, didn’t eat hardly anything in 3 days drank loads water, bread, soup. Finding it hard to sleep avoid it!! Side effects are awful I wonder when I am gonna feel better!”

Bay · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 25, 2020

Claritin 24 Hour Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “CLARITIN IS TERRIBLE. IT DOES NOT WORK. I DON’T THINK IT’s STRONG ENOUGH!!!”

Holly · Taken for 10 years or more October 18, 2020

Alavert (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Alavert is the only allergy medicine, aside for Benedryl and Dimmetap, I have taken that I found that works the best for me since I was a kid. I definitely choose Alavert now days over any other or I end up having to take Benedryl as well. By the way, I was born with allergies and have always had Severe Year Around Allergies to many natural and man made things.”

witzend · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Took one 24-hour Claritin on Sunday. Within hours, my itchy eyes and runny/stuffy nose had cleared. Took a second Claritin on Monday. Poor sleep that night. Tuesday morning, getting out of bed, I experienced a terrible backache and the beginnings of a headache that Tylenol didn't touch. Backache lasted all day. Stopped Claritin before my third dose. Today is Wednesday and I'm feeling zombie-like, fatigued, with lingering back pain. Much as I had hoped this might be my miracle pill, it's not. I'm a 70+ year-old lady in good health who will not be taking this again.”

Joanela · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

For Allergies: “Was told to take this loratadine instead of Benadryl, which causes only mild drowsiness. Three hours after taking loratadine began to feel confused, forgetful, and “out of body” dissociative-type symptoms. Will not use it again.”

jenn54 June 15, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I started using Claritin (loratadine) per my ENT's instructions to address a runny nose/PND. After one week I noticed facial redness on my cheeks and nose, the only thing different that I'd been using was the Claritin. I stopped taking it today and sure hoping the redness disappears. It did work as far as clearing up my nose and PND.”

Nat · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This product doesn’t work at all on me and it’s 24 hours so I can’t take another pill to help me. Currently my sinuses are so stuffed I can’t breathe”

Dan April 30, 2020

For Urticaria: “NOTE: Doctor prescribed me this mixed with Vitamin B Complex in pills in a 50/50 ratio. A few days after using it I noticed my eczema symptoms are going away (used to have reddish, dry fingers.) About 36 hours later I had massive dizziness, followed by shivers. At first I thought I got a simple fever or something, and didn't think that the medication was the cause, so I keep on consuming it. The next morning it felt like my head was about to burst and that i was sweating profusely. Since the doctor also prescribed me cream for my skin affected by the eczema, I decided to no longer consume the pills; in 24 hours I felt better. The eczema is also gone though at this point I'm not sure if the cream or the oral meds did the job for me. I would really recommend people to check whether they had allergic reactions to drugs like this, and perhaps other people are not allergic with this like me, because I pretty much poisoned myself in exchange for curing my skin condition.”

Simba · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been on this product for a few years. Works great. Makes me super thirsty but keeps my sinuses clear. My eyes aren't red and itchy. Even my skin has cleared up!! My son was put on this and when I saw he was doing better I joined him on it. No problems with sleep, or tummy aches!”

Waxtadpole · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Claritin is very effective on my allergy symptoms but it also makes me drowsy. However I've had problems getting a good night's sleep in the past, and the usual OTC sleep aids like melatonin and Advil PM don't always work for me. With "non-drowsy" Claritin I haven't slept this well in ages! Need to ask my MD or a specialist if Claritin induces good quality, healthy sleep and whether I can keep taking it as a sleep aid.”

Always Wright · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 1, 2020

For Allergies: “Have taken this medication loratadine for a number of years now which has helped hugely with my dog allergy. Yesterday I was chatting with someone who reports the same as me. We both had side effects from Certirizine which was why went over to Loratidine.”

Dian · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “The first day it was effective but I started to feel tired and sad. I also suffered form lack of sleep and felt thirsty all the time even though I drank lost of water. I was not able to do number 2 :-) for 3 days and I had stomach aches. I stopped taking this drug immediately.”

pollyanna · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “LORATADINE Helps with my burning eyes, runny nose, etc. I take one in the morning and one nightly. I am 87.”

Chelle52 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 1, 2019

For Urticaria: “It doesn’t work. at all!!”

space cadet · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 13, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine Claritin I swear on god it’s the best. I've tried other medicine like zirtec and over the counter ones but this the only thing that works and it kicks my allergies in instantly like 20 min tops and last for days.”

Jerry · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“loratadine Worked great with no side effects for a light cold. Better than cold medications.”

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

For Urticaria: “Took 1 loratadine in the evening as I was recommended by my doctor for hives. Struggled to sleep and later started shaking, rapid heartbeat, confusion. I have never had side effects like this due to any allergy pills previously. This is the worst and scariest thing I have experienced. This drug is not worth taking”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine didn't work for me at all. Went through a whole roll of toilet paper in two hours, just blowing my nose. Still feel awful.”

QA · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 7, 2019

Alavert (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Cuts through a lot of my allergy symptoms (seasonal and cat dander). Once in a while, when the season is at its worst, I will feel a bit of stuffiness, but overall it has worked well for me.”

Kids813 June 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I purchased Claritin NON DROWSY (yeah right) this morning. I took one at 10 am and within an hour my symptoms all stopped. I felt exhausted and spaced out and by 4 pm I started to feel like I was on speed and wired. I felt like I was in slow motion saying what the heck is going on with this? It’s nearly midnight as I’m typing this and feel tired but wired. I can’t wait till morning being it’s a 24 hour dose for this to leave my body but it did stop my coughing all day wheezing, sniffling and sneezing but these side effects are not worth it. Anyone have any recommendations for another allergy med as I cant take a decongestant due to the ingredient causing worse fatigue.”

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Claritin Rapid Dissolve 1 tablet daily. Completely resolved sneezing, acute runny nose and watery eyes with no side effects. Benadryl didn’t touch them. Best second generation allergy medication I have ever tried.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Claritin (loratadine): “I have taken Claritin for two days. I seem to have had a rare hypersensitivity type allergic reaction to Claritin. I got widespread body pain. Pain in my shoulders, arms, legs and hands. It was hard for me to walk even. Online it says hypersensitivity affects .01% of people. Lucky me. Claritin remains in effect for 24hrs. Glad that Claritin gets completely out of your system in 36 to 48hrs. Will not be taking this again.”

sinochen · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “loratadine is not effective for me for allergic rhinitis”

ollie April 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Loratidine does not work for my allergies. I switched from Zyrtec because it was cheaper. I wasted my money. I have had allergies all my life. My Doc recommended loratidine but Sudafed and Zyrtec work much better. If you are going to try it buy as little as possible to try it. Good luck”