User Reviews for Loratadine

Also known as: Alavert, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Allergy Relief Tablets, Bactimicina Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Children's Claritin Allergy, Claritin, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Claritin Hives Relief, Claritin Reditabs, Clear-Atadine, Clear-Atadine Children's, Dimetapp Children's ND Non-Drowsy Allergy, Help I Have Allergies, Loratadine Reditab, ohm Allergy Relief, Tavist ND, Vicks QlearQuil All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief, Wal-itin …show all brand names

Urticaria
6.1

Allergic Rhinitis
5.6

Allergic Reactions
4.2

Summary of Loratadine reviews 5.9 60 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Absolutely no relief whatsoever from a severe allergy condition I had for one day a few weeks ago. Wrote to Bayer, they responded the next day with promises of a refund but nothing after initial first contact. Do not waste your money on this product, try something else."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "Taken for itchy legs, but didn't relieve itching at all, made me drowsy and lethargic, and gave me a headache! Rest of the pack is going in the bin."

Jimmy roundhouse (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I'm not sure if people leaving positive reviews are serious when they say it takes a week for the product to work?? This is for people with hay fever and is meant to stop their symptoms. Why on Earth would someone suffer for an entire week waiting for a product to work? That is absolutely outrageous. Luckily there are plenty of products that work within minutes and can actually give relief! For me this provided no relief whatsoever would recommend Claritin or citrine."

Clanbrassil (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

Claritin 24 Hour Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Worse over the counter supposed Allergy medication I have ever used. I wouldn't waste another dollar on this med. I spent $ 24.00 dollars for absolutely nothing. Please folks what ever you do do not purchase this product. I have suffered for 2 days now sneezing, coughing, eyes watering and feel like I have been beaten all over with a stick. I took the recommended dosage the fist day, no results and the second day with the same results. I rate this med below a star."

Liberty April 15, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "When my allergies kick in, I feel them in an achy or itchy ear. Loratidine works for me. The ear pain goes away. Also, I think it helps with my nerve pain."

Achy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "I’ve been taking this medication for a while now, it does work to stop the itching but as soon as I take it, it seems to bring out the rash more and it’s really sore to touch and the rash doesn’t go away for up to a day."

Ellejadee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "loratadine works for my histamine problem but unfortunately it causes bone and joint pain. So I rather refrain from histamine inducing foods than taking this medicine."

light Saffron January 31, 2018

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works wonderfully for both 16 yo and myself for allergy to our new Pug. No sneezing, no watery eyes. Expensive at $18 for a 24 pack so tried equate Walmart generic which didn’t work at all."

AllergyJill (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "Took 1/2 tab 1st nite and woke with NO itchy eyes, NO CONGESTION, breathing good but a headache, two Tylenol and ok. Tonite took a whole tab by mistake and started feeling not so good. Sorta depressed and my lower back is itchy."

Greenie Girl November 5, 2017

For Urticaria: "I have been taking this for a few months and I didn't have any problems until I began to take hair skin and nail vitamins from over the counter. The reaction made my eczema smell and break out more."

Ritzkrakers October 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I love this! I have dust and pollen allergies and was treated for many allergy related sinus infections. I have horrible post nasal drip, itchy eyes, and stuff nose. Loratadine works for all of this. It didn't kick in until day 4 but after that the results were wonderful. Absolutely no side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Horrible product, barely works. Been sneezing with a runny nose all day."

Kimberly Daye September 15, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have chronic allergies (undiagnosed). I suffer from dry , red, stinging eyes and a nose that gets stuffy even with turbinate reduction surgery as well as general fatigue and low energy. Claritin helped me feel functional again and I can look people in the eye when I talk to them. Nose it a lot more clear. It is VERY important to take it for a week before it provides full relief. This did not start working for me till day 4 and now I feel great , perhaps the best ever. I am giving it an 8 because it causes me dry mouth and my sleep is not the greatest. The point of this review is not to fully trust all the negative reviews. Try it for yourself every day for one , maybe even 2 weeks and see how it affects you. Best of luck."

Dinodagino July 27, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had swollen legs and feet from what I've since discovered was a histamine reaction due to eating two foods that are high in histamine. Dark chocolate and almonds. It was suggested I take Benadryl as this helps many people with this type of reaction. I tried Benadryl first and didn't have any lessening of the swelling. The next day I tried Claritin 24 hour and within hours the swelling was gone. If you have trouble with edema when having a histamine reaction you may want to give this a try. I should note that I have no other allergy symptoms at all. Only edema. Something to do with how my Mast Cells don't work they way they should."

Dozerfan (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It takes hours and hours to kick in. I even took 2 to speed up my relief and 3 hours later I'm still suffering. Zyrtec works within 30 min and lasts 24 hours. I will never take claritin again when I need immediate relief."

Tlo2407!sacramento May 19, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward."

Sunnyismyangel March 31, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Urticaria: "I gave My daughter Claritin 5mg twice a day following doctors orders along with amoxicillin, she is 10 after taking it for 8 days she started to break out with rash , I took her back to dr she then ordered benedryl for the rash within 5 hrs that rash turned into wells all over her body , it was hot to touch and itchy also she went to ear the next day because of the severity of her condition at that point, ER dr gave her steroid to help with her pain and trying to eliminate the rash , well it's 4 days later and she still has the condition, dr says she has urticaria or Steven Johnson syndrome , so now my daughter and I have to wait day by day and watch her for any new breakouts"

Osborne, melissa November 22, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This is the only medicine that works for my nasal drip, I have yet to find anything better!!!"

Alexis22 November 14, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "The only thing this did for me was waste my money! It wasn't covered by my insurance, so I purchased it at the pharmacy. I couldn't sleep, I got the shakes, felt nervous and dizzy."

Gizzy123 September 27, 2016

For Urticaria: "I had chronic hives for over 10 years, frequent and fairly severe. Cold helped to reduce the symptoms, but nothing reduced the frequency. When I started taking loratadine for unrelated allergies I was very pleased to find that the hives went away, for the most part. Every now and then I will have a few, but not all that often and not as severe. This stuff works for me. Yeah!"

meecahw September 12, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I'd say Tic Tacs are more helpful."

Dunkelson July 21, 2016

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "works fast and well."

Jbig daddy June 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Didn't do anything. Benadryl is better."

Ginger101 April 30, 2016

For Urticaria: "I am on day three of using this, and so far, my itching has not improved."

reenee1 March 6, 2016