User Reviews for Loratadine

Also known as: Claritin, Alavert, Allergy Relief Tablets, Wal-itin, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Claritin Reditabs, Tavist ND, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Vicks QlearQuil All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief, Help I Have Allergies, ohm Allergy Relief, Clear-Atadine, Loratadine Reditab, Clear-Atadine Children's, Bactimicina Allergy, Children's Claritin Allergy …show all brand names

Urticaria

5.4

Summary of Loratadine reviews 5.7 74 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

For Urticaria: "Took 1 loratadine in the evening as I was recommended by my doctor for hives. Struggled to sleep and later started shaking, rapid heartbeat, confusion. I have never had side effects like this due to any allergy pills previously. This is the worst and scariest thing I have experienced. This drug is not worth taking"

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This medicine didn't work for me at all. Went through a whole roll of toilet paper in two hours, just blowing my nose. Still feel awful."

QA · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 7, 2019

Alavert (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Cuts through a lot of my allergy symptoms (seasonal and cat dander). Once in a while, when the season is at its worst, I will feel a bit of stuffiness, but overall it has worked well for me."

Kids813 June 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I purchased Claritin NON DROWSY (yeah right) this morning. I took one at 10 am and within an hour my symptoms all stopped. I felt exhausted and spaced out and by 4 pm I started to feel like I was on speed and wired. I felt like I was in slow motion saying what the heck is going on with this? It’s nearly midnight as I’m typing this and feel tired but wired. I can’t wait till morning being it’s a 24 hour dose for this to leave my body but it did stop my coughing all day wheezing, sniffling and sneezing but these side effects are not worth it. Anyone have any recommendations for another allergy med as I cant take a decongestant due to the ingredient causing worse fatigue."

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Claritin Rapid Dissolve 1 tablet daily. Completely resolved sneezing, acute runny nose and watery eyes with no side effects. Benadryl didn’t touch them. Best second generation allergy medication I have ever tried."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for : "I have taken Claritin for two days. I seem to have had a rare hypersensitivity type allergic reaction to Claritin. I got widespread body pain. Pain in my shoulders, arms, legs and hands. It was hard for me to walk even. Online it says hypersensitivity affects .01% of people. Lucky me. Claritin remains in effect for 24hrs. Glad that Claritin gets completely out of your system in 36 to 48hrs. Will not be taking this again."

sinochen · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "loratadine is not effective for me for allergic rhinitis"

ollie April 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Loratidine does not work for my allergies. I switched from Zyrtec because it was cheaper. I wasted my money. I have had allergies all my life. My Doc recommended loratidine but Sudafed and Zyrtec work much better. If you are going to try it buy as little as possible to try it. Good luck"

Gigi · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2019

For Allergic Reactions: "I had a chronic cough for 5 months. Tried nose drops - didn't help. Lung x-ray was clean. Tried losec for GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). Helped a little but kept clearing my throat and coughing. Finally tried Loratadine. Immediately started to help. After a week on loratadine I was not clearing my throat or coughing, it works. Excellent!"

AnnPnTN · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "After a trip to the Urgent Care again, and a diagnosis of severe sinus infection, pressure in head, fluid around ear drum-almost an infection, excessive post nasal drip, and slightly asthmatic due to allergies! This is a repeat scenario and I have tried ceterizine, but it does not stop my severe post nasal drip at all. So the Doctor (who also has allergies and a wife with severe allergies) told me to take Claritan during the day and also prescribed Cephalexin, Steroids, and an inhaler. Well after praying and spending another 2 hours spitting due to post nasal drip, I took the Claratin/Loratadine. Wow it stopped my post nasal drip in only 20-30 minutes! *** My reactions were, sudden drowsiness even though it says non-drowsy, and before that a few heart palpitations. However it did work and nothing else has stopped my symptoms! I have indoor/outdoor allergies, numerous food and medicine sensitivities and allergies, and so on. * Tried the 10mg but plan to go to 5mg child dosage. :0)"

Allergicpepe · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Clarithin is effective and I have no noticeable side effects, it helps me to go thru the pollen season."

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I was prescribed Claritin by my ENT. I was told to take it every morning, which I did, but after a few hours of taking it, I would get the worst neck pain/head aches. I also got joint pain in my knees. I looked up these two side effects and sure enough a good percent of female patients age 49+ reported these side effects. Seems more common in females. It did nothing whatsoever for my severe allergies and my Otis externa. I couldn't take the pain from this drug and stopped. Within 24 hours the painful aches went away."

Ryan · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Read some of the reviews, says it causes confusion, anxiety, depression. I took it for 2 days. 1st day I didn’t feel anything except my ears started ringing really bad. 2nd day I took it, it caused the worst confusion of my life. Going on the day after and I still feel like rubbish. Don’t take this drug."

Charley · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have had postnasal drip and chronic cough especially in the winter for at least 10 years....scratchy throat, itchy ears, sore throat and burns at times facial pain, sneezing. I just got over what I thought was a sinus infection. I was still feeling bad so I was doing some reading and I read what clairtan can offer so I tried it. Within and hour or so my post nasal drip was a whole lot better and my cough along with it now I am on day 5 of taking clairtan...I feel like I could go out dancing I am sure it can only get better from here ...GOSH why didn't I try clairtan years ago ...."

Tmr · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 8, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Loratadine made my son suffer for several years. We had no idea this medication was making him sick. He had frequent tummy aches, motion sickness, vertigo, anxiety and vomiting."

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2018

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Absolutely no relief whatsoever from a severe allergy condition I had for one day a few weeks ago. Wrote to Bayer, they responded the next day with promises of a refund but nothing after initial first contact. Do not waste your money on this product, try something else."

Jimmy roundhouse · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "Taken for itchy legs, but didn't relieve itching at all, made me drowsy and lethargic, and gave me a headache! Rest of the pack is going in the bin."

Clanbrassil · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I'm not sure if people leaving positive reviews are serious when they say it takes a week for the product to work?? This is for people with hay fever and is meant to stop their symptoms. Why on Earth would someone suffer for an entire week waiting for a product to work? That is absolutely outrageous. Luckily there are plenty of products that work within minutes and can actually give relief! For me this provided no relief whatsoever would recommend Claritin or citrine."

Liberty April 15, 2018

Claritin 24 Hour Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Worse over the counter supposed Allergy medication I have ever used. I wouldn't waste another dollar on this med. I spent $ 24.00 dollars for absolutely nothing. Please folks what ever you do do not purchase this product. I have suffered for 2 days now sneezing, coughing, eyes watering and feel like I have been beaten all over with a stick. I took the recommended dosage the fist day, no results and the second day with the same results. I rate this med below a star."

Achy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "When my allergies kick in, I feel them in an achy or itchy ear. Loratidine works for me. The ear pain goes away. Also, I think it helps with my nerve pain."

Ellejadee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "I’ve been taking this medication for a while now, it does work to stop the itching but as soon as I take it, it seems to bring out the rash more and it’s really sore to touch and the rash doesn’t go away for up to a day."

light Saffron January 31, 2018

For Allergic Reactions: "loratadine works for my histamine problem but unfortunately it causes bone and joint pain. So I rather refrain from histamine inducing foods than taking this medicine."

AllergyJill · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2018

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works wonderfully for both 16 yo and myself for allergy to our new Pug. No sneezing, no watery eyes. Expensive at $18 for a 24 pack so tried equate Walmart generic which didn’t work at all."

Greenie Girl November 5, 2017

For Allergic Reactions: "Took 1/2 tab 1st nite and woke with NO itchy eyes, NO CONGESTION, breathing good but a headache, two Tylenol and ok. Tonite took a whole tab by mistake and started feeling not so good. Sorta depressed and my lower back is itchy."

Ritzkrakers October 17, 2017

For Urticaria: "I have been taking this for a few months and I didn't have any problems until I began to take hair skin and nail vitamins from over the counter. The reaction made my eczema smell and break out more."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)