User Reviews for Loratadine

Also known as: Claritin, Alavert, Allergy Relief Tablets, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Claritin Reditabs, Children's Claritin Allergy, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Wal-itin, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Help I Have Allergies, ohm Allergy Relief, Loratadine Reditab Clear-Atadine Children's Bactimicina Allergy Tavist ND …show all brand names

Loratadine has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 112 ratings on Drugs.com. 40% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Allergic Rhinitis
10.0
Summary of Loratadine reviews 5.0 112 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · May 31, 2019

Claritin (loratadine): “I have taken Claritin for two days. I seem to have had a rare hypersensitivity type allergic reaction to Claritin. I got widespread body pain. Pain in my shoulders, arms, legs and hands. It was hard for me to walk even. Online it says hypersensitivity affects .01% of people. Lucky me. Claritin remains in effect for 24hrs. Glad that Claritin gets completely out of your system in 36 to 48hrs. Will not be taking this again.”

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month · March 14, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was prescribed Claritin by my ENT. I was told to take it every morning, which I did, but after a few hours of taking it, I would get the worst neck pain/head aches. I also got joint pain in my knees. I looked up these two side effects and sure enough a good percent of female patients age 49+ reported these side effects. Seems more common in females. It did nothing whatsoever for my severe allergies and my Otis externa. I couldn't take the pain from this drug and stopped. Within 24 hours the painful aches went away.”

Sunnyismyangel · March 31, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward.”

Ryan · Taken for less than 1 month · February 20, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Read some of the reviews, says it causes confusion, anxiety, depression. I took it for 2 days. 1st day I didn’t feel anything except my ears started ringing really bad. 2nd day I took it, it caused the worst confusion of my life. Going on the day after and I still feel like rubbish. Don’t take this drug.”

Simba · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 16, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been on this product for a few years. Works great. Makes me super thirsty but keeps my sinuses clear. My eyes aren't red and itchy. Even my skin has cleared up!! My son was put on this and when I saw he was doing better I joined him on it. No problems with sleep, or tummy aches!”

Waxtadpole · Taken for less than 1 month · January 6, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Claritin is very effective on my allergy symptoms but it also makes me drowsy. However I've had problems getting a good night's sleep in the past, and the usual OTC sleep aids like melatonin and Advil PM don't always work for me. With "non-drowsy" Claritin I haven't slept this well in ages! Need to ask my MD or a specialist if Claritin induces good quality, healthy sleep and whether I can keep taking it as a sleep aid.”

Dian · Taken for less than 1 month · November 20, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “The first day it was effective but I started to feel tired and sad. I also suffered form lack of sleep and felt thirsty all the time even though I drank lost of water. I was not able to do number 2 :-) for 3 days and I had stomach aches. I stopped taking this drug immediately.”

Charley · Taken for less than 1 month · January 22, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have had postnasal drip and chronic cough especially in the winter for at least 10 years....scratchy throat, itchy ears, sore throat and burns at times facial pain, sneezing. I just got over what I thought was a sinus infection. I was still feeling bad so I was doing some reading and I read what clairtan can offer so I tried it. Within and hour or so my post nasal drip was a whole lot better and my cough along with it now I am on day 5 of taking clairtan...I feel like I could go out dancing I am sure it can only get better from here ...GOSH why didn't I try clairtan years ago ....”

space cadet · Taken for 1 to 2 years · October 13, 2019

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine Claritin I swear on god it’s the best. I've tried other medicine like zirtec and over the counter ones but this the only thing that works and it kicks my allergies in instantly like 20 min tops and last for days.”

Dinodagino · July 27, 2017

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have chronic allergies (undiagnosed). I suffer from dry , red, stinging eyes and a nose that gets stuffy even with turbinate reduction surgery as well as general fatigue and low energy. Claritin helped me feel functional again and I can look people in the eye when I talk to them. Nose it a lot more clear. It is VERY important to take it for a week before it provides full relief. This did not start working for me till day 4 and now I feel great , perhaps the best ever. I am giving it an 8 because it causes me dry mouth and my sleep is not the greatest. The point of this review is not to fully trust all the negative reviews. Try it for yourself every day for one , maybe even 2 weeks and see how it affects you. Best of luck.”

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month · September 12, 2019

For Urticaria: “Took 1 loratadine in the evening as I was recommended by my doctor for hives. Struggled to sleep and later started shaking, rapid heartbeat, confusion. I have never had side effects like this due to any allergy pills previously. This is the worst and scariest thing I have experienced. This drug is not worth taking”

AnnPnTN · Taken for less than 1 month · March 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “After a trip to the Urgent Care again, and a diagnosis of severe sinus infection, pressure in head, fluid around ear drum-almost an infection, excessive post nasal drip, and slightly asthmatic due to allergies! This is a repeat scenario and I have tried ceterizine, but it does not stop my severe post nasal drip at all. So the Doctor (who also has allergies and a wife with severe allergies) told me to take Claritan during the day and also prescribed Cephalexin, Steroids, and an inhaler. Well after praying and spending another 2 hours spitting due to post nasal drip, I took the Claratin/Loratadine. Wow it stopped my post nasal drip in only 20-30 minutes! *** My reactions were, sudden drowsiness even though it says non-drowsy, and before that a few heart palpitations. However it did work and nothing else has stopped my symptoms! I have indoor/outdoor allergies, numerous food and medicine sensitivities and allergies, and so on. * Tried the 10mg but plan to go to 5mg child dosage. :0)”

Kids813 · June 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I purchased Claritin NON DROWSY (yeah right) this morning. I took one at 10 am and within an hour my symptoms all stopped. I felt exhausted and spaced out and by 4 pm I started to feel like I was on speed and wired. I felt like I was in slow motion saying what the heck is going on with this? It’s nearly midnight as I’m typing this and feel tired but wired. I can’t wait till morning being it’s a 24 hour dose for this to leave my body but it did stop my coughing all day wheezing, sniffling and sneezing but these side effects are not worth it. Anyone have any recommendations for another allergy med as I cant take a decongestant due to the ingredient causing worse fatigue.”

witzend · Taken for less than 1 month · October 14, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Took one 24-hour Claritin on Sunday. Within hours, my itchy eyes and runny/stuffy nose had cleared. Took a second Claritin on Monday. Poor sleep that night. Tuesday morning, getting out of bed, I experienced a terrible backache and the beginnings of a headache that Tylenol didn't touch. Backache lasted all day. Stopped Claritin before my third dose. Today is Wednesday and I'm feeling zombie-like, fatigued, with lingering back pain. Much as I had hoped this might be my miracle pill, it's not. I'm a 70+ year-old lady in good health who will not be taking this again.”

StKras · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 25, 2022

For Allergies: “Running nose allergy symptoms are gone within 10 minutes and keeps working strong for 18 to 20 hours, then by the end of 24 hours symptoms return. One tiny but powerful tablet. The bottle I normally buy is labeled "CAREALL", "Non-Drowsy~24 Hour" below that in bold larger font,"Allergy Relief". Inexpensive but identical to the costlier major brand names. I recommend 100%.”

Xanmom · June 25, 2014

Children's Claritin Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “My five year old son took Claritin chewables for approximately two weeks and had a sudden onset of facial tics ( eye blinking). His doctor attributed it to the Claritin and said it was a known side effect, especially with family history of tics. ”

Wendover · June 14, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy.”

Horrible drug · Taken for less than 1 month · February 14, 2022

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was experiencing night sweats and racing heart. I figured the only thing I had done differently was take Claritin. I went off and the night episodes disappeared. I tried it again. Wow. Night sweats pounding heart, muscle pain. I will never be taking this again. Strange as I took this often when younger with no problems. This is the Walmart generic version.”

jenn54 · June 15, 2020

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I started using Claritin (loratadine) per my ENT's instructions to address a runny nose/PND. After one week I noticed facial redness on my cheeks and nose, the only thing different that I'd been using was the Claritin. I stopped taking it today and sure hoping the redness disappears. It did work as far as clearing up my nose and PND.”

Joanela · Taken for less than 1 month · August 1, 2020

For Allergies: “Was told to take this loratadine instead of Benadryl, which causes only mild drowsiness. Three hours after taking loratadine began to feel confused, forgetful, and “out of body” dissociative-type symptoms. Will not use it again.”

Anonymous · August 5, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help.”

Anonymous · September 19, 2008

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine) for Urticaria: “I have chronic hives and experience swelling of my lips. I've been taking Claritin Hives Relief for 7 days and have not had one break out. I've tried benedryl for months and found no relief. One Claritin a day and I'm free of hives.”

LouAnnP · Taken for less than 1 month · May 6, 2015

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It did help with symptoms but it caused depression for me. took it for three days then realized that , had depression. Google claritin and depression and the second listing that comes up us a discussion on this website about claritin from users saying it caused depression for them”

A Robinson · May 5, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis: “First of all I'm not and never have been a smoker. Have COPD due to chronic bronchitis, I developed asthma after 40. I've been taking this product for five yrs and the illness due to weather has decreased dramatically I had previously suffered from pneumonia due to worsening bronchitis at least twice a yr. I average once every three years now it is due to consistently taking this year round.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · May 13, 2012

Claritin 24 Hour Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Clairitin is the only medicine that works for me. I have very high pollen counts in my area and have always suffered sinus infections. I started taking Claritin 24 about 10 days ago and I feel clear! Just bought a 30 day supply.”