User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Allergies
5.6

Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 6.5 230 reviews

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "What worked for me: - Take at least 10,11, or 12 HOURS BEFORE YOU NEED TO WAKE UP - Take HALF of the tiny tablet if you are small - Drink TONS of water during the day My lungs couldn't take the pollinated air this season. It's been months of scratchy lungs, impossible to take deep breaths, have lost my voice twice, often couldn't talk without being overwhelmed with coughing fits, scratchy throat, and watery eyes. I took a whole (tiny) tablet one night - it was too much; didn't like how I felt the next day. About a week later, I read this site and saw that someone took a HALF dose, so I tried it. (I am a smaller person.) Been taking half doses for 5 nights now and seems to help significantly with my breathing for the most part, though my body feels a little swollen (female) and my eyes are still mildly watery times. It's a HUGE relief to be breathing freely and to have the increased energy due to the increased amount of oxygen I am finally receiving."

take HALF of the tiny tablet (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2019

For Allergies: "This levocetirizine medication really help control my allergies especially when my hay fever is in full swing or flared up, it stops the headache and sinus pressure within 10 -15 minutes of taking it, so it works really fast"

rtripple63 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I got insanely dizzy (where I couldn't walk in a straight line for much of the day), had horrible anxiety and depression, and couldn't sleep at night. I would wake up several times a night having intense panic attacks, and during the day would feel unreal (zombie-like and insane headaches). It did what it was supposed to and kept my rash under control, but was not really worth the side effects."

sadtiredanxious (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2019

For Urticaria: "It is so helpful to read of other people's experiences with this medication. I have just been prescribed this along with 10mg of Montelukust due to chronic spontaneous urticaria which has had a hugely negative impact on my life. It's a daily occurrence, without warning..there it is! Reading people's positive accounts has given me some hope. I will preserve with this medication. Unless you have experienced what this condition does you will never understand. Thank you to those that have shared. Also do some research on high dosage of vitamin D supplements for CSU "

Polly (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "My seasonal allergies just started this week due to high pollen count. I was very hopeful for the 24 hr relieve promised by Xyzal, especially because it is taken in the evening, I thought the main "drowsy" effect would be limited to the night time. I was wrong! I woke up feeling terrible, could barely wake up and had to drag through a fog all day at work. Not for me unfortunately! I guess back to non-drowsy claritin."

Beena (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2019

For Allergies: "I have been taken Xyzal for about 3-4 years now. I feel like I tried it all, claritin, Zyrtec, allegra, mucinex; tried the 'D' versions of them all as well, not to mention all of the over the counter nasal sprays. I was the one that actually suggested Levocetirizine to my allergist because my cousin took it and it helped her, figured we had similar DNA. It was and continues to be the only drug that helps, it's so cheap on Amazon too. Now I only use Xyzal, Vlonase, and Visine I am actually alarmed by all these negative reviews, I've always taken it in the morning, maybe I will stop doing so. I usually go off it 4 months out of the year, and haven't noticed a change when I do, so maybe the side-effects do not happen to everyone. I only found this review board when I was looking into taking Aller-max in conjunction with Xyzal, because in the REALLY bad season, nothing helps 100%. I'm going to be more conscious about this drowsiness thing, it seems like it makes sense thinking back."

Sneezy Pete (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "This was recommended to me by a friend who has great success with it. I took just 2 pills. One Wednesday night and one Thursday night before bed. Within 20 minutes of taking Xyzal, my skin got beat red and I developed a fever! The first night I slept weird but I slept. My cough is about gone and just a little congested. The pill works for that. The 2nd night I slept right through the alarm until 11 am! Needless to say, I missed work. Now I am left with side effects of bloody diarrhea, hives, fever, lightheaded to about passing out. I did not take a 3rd dose last night and hoping the rest passes out of my body quickly. I do not recommend."

Stampinmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2019

For Allergies: "With frightening ease, levocetirizine gave me the most horrible side effects I've ever experienced from taking any drug, ever. It didn't suppress my allergies and it gave me a headache like the one I had the days prior to being hospitalized with meningitis. I took it in the morning, being tired of Cetirizine also doing nothing to help me. Typing this on the morning of day two and I still feel awful. Yesterday was way hellish. Aforementioned headache, very dizzy, weak muscles, skin hurt when pressured, couldn't eat (still struggling to eat), eyes hurt and while I didn't have an actual fever, I was absolutely burning (and yet cold at the same time). I got up get up every 45 minutes or so to splash cold water on my face, ears and neck. Dry mouth, loss of taste, depressed, my spine still hurts. Nose running like a faucet all day, I sneezed so much it started to hurt my ribs. This is suffering in a pill. There. I'd give this a -10, but I can't."

JBG (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Virtually every other allergy medicine doesn't work at all on me. I get severely itchy eyes and nasal congestion, so bad I have to take off work because I cannot function, Xyzal is the only medicine that works for me."

kathy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Xyzal is very effective for allergies, but caused me horrible insomnia. Tossed and turned several nights in a row. Very disappointed."

Judyhoo (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been on Xyzal for a few years now for seasonal allergies. I am on the 5mg dosage. I take at night 20 mins before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby. When I wake, I have allergy relief all day: no runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing and hives during ragweed season. When my allergies are not bad.... I cut back to a half pill and it keeps my sinuses clear and if I come across a friend’s dog or cat, the small dose in my system keeps me in good shape in those situations too. It definitely works for me. The only cons for me are: sometimes a dry mouth and it will make you sleepy if you take during the day."

Paulie March 5, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I tried Xyzal and it wipes me out for a few days. The first two days I could hardly stay awake and slept most of it. The third day I still felt tired and cloudy but didn't nap as much (still a lot). It helped with allergies but I can't be a zombie for days. I tried it a few times and each time was the same. I suggest that you make sure you have a few days that you're not expected to work or drive before you take it the first time so you know how it affects you. Back to Allegra for me."

Starly (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I took xyzal last night for the first time. I have awoken with the left side of my nasal passages blocked and a head ache that feels like a benzo hangover. If I'm going to feel this way the morning after, I better have had fun the night before. 1/10 I will never take this again even though it was free."

Zennjenn (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

For Allergies: "I am a healthy, stable person. I took this for seven days. It was instantly effective at treating my allergies all night and day and helped me sleep at night. However, during the days I started having moments of fogginess in my thoughts and physical tiredness that were intense..too intense as I drive an hour commute to university. One day in class I felt confused about what time it should be on the clocks and what time events in my day normally occurred. I felt panicky, confused and out of my body that day. That was the last day I took it. I am sensitive to medications including anything that CAN make someone drowsy. Maybe I could lower the amount I take but for now I'm just going to be more consistent with meds I trust and that don't make me feel anxious, detached and exhausted. Overall I think it's effective and worth trying. It just didn't work for me because negative side effects outweighed the benefits."

Sarah December 13, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe sinusitus and take Allegra D and Zyrtec. I wake up every night not being able to breath or sleep. So I figured I’d try Zyzal it helped ease the breathing a little the first tine I tried it but I still woken at 4:30am and the next day I took it couldn’t breath and woke at 2am. Nose still full of mucus, sneezing like crazy. This product didn’t work for me"

Bujimbone (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works ,but makes me feel sedated feeling the next day"

Anonymous November 17, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Not only do I have allergies, but I also have asthma and chronic sinusitus, along with occasional nasal polyps. In addition, I have had a chronic cough for three years, which doctors could not, or would not, help me with. They had no answers. I took XYZAL, and lo and behold, the chronic cough has been drastically reduced! I hope it lasts; I've become reluctant to go shopping or even to church b/c of the persistent cough. I know it's not for a cough, but it has certainly helped mine!! This remedy is now OTC so I won't have to plead my case to the doctor."

GIORGIO (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Although the 2 days I took the medication for allergies ( which it worked great for) , I couldn’t deal with the mental and emotional side effects it caused. The medication caused me to be mean and angry, and extremely depressed. I cried on and off the entire second day. Fortunately I was quick to recognize that these feeling were caused by the medication and after the second day off of it I was fine."

1Jessicab (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "It worked great for me. I get hives and become really itchy near dust. I thought everyone was itchy all the time but it turns out it wasn't normal. The doctor said to take this. It hasn't made me tired or have any mood changes. Though there are barely any medicines that do make me drowsy."

Tom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I really like xyzal, it works quick. It's a little strong for me so I take half a pill and it does it's job."

J Hopkins (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took this 19 hours ago. I’m still too sedated to safely drive and too unsteady to stand in the shower. Plus my eyes are itching from allergy. This stuff should be pulled off the market immediately!"

Jenzy (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I am so careful about meds and always I am cautious about side affects. I am feeling really stupid right now. I gave this a try as nothing else really has helped me with me severe allergies. It was amazing from the start and I have had almost total relief. I take it daily, every morning to stop the inevitable from starting. I wish I had looked into the side affects long ago. After 6 months of completely debilitating exhaustion, fatigue, mood swings, and daily diarrhea I now realize my problem. I have been checked out head to toe by a doctor, blood work done and we were left with no answers until now. I guess miserable allergies, sneezing and coughing are my trade off. Is there nothing put put by big pharma that won't cause more problems and anal leakage? I'm serious, this sucks."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "The very first day I took this medicine it felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I don't know if my sinuses were that bad or this medicine was a contributor. After reading these reviews I would not buy or use this product again and plus it's way to expensive. I wish I could have given it a 0 rating because a 1 is way more than what they deserve!"

Idntbelievetht September 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This is terrible. It's like taking nothing at all and I didn't realize the side effect of anxiety/depression. That explains a lot! Going off in search of something else. I'm stuffed up all freaking day."

Mar (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I cut down to a 1/4 tablet daily because of anger outbursts when taking xyzal. I thought that I would be ok at the 1/4 tablet dose, but becoming angry at any provocation seems to be the norm for me when taking xyzal. I simply can't take xyzal, so I just take half a benadryl at bedtime and mucinex during the day."

J. Keith (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018