User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Allergies 4.9
Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 5.7 274 reviews

Reviews for Levocetirizine

ro June 11, 2020

Xyzal Allergy 24HR (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “I actually loved this medication Xysal allergy as it helped me sleep and had no sinus problems at all this year. Then I developed this cough and my feet became painfully swollen. I kept taking the meds because I never linked it to that. Then my husband saw my feet and asked in a concerned why are your feet so swollen. Well then I knew something wasn't right. I started to think ok what is different and when did I start getting the swollen. Answer not sure but very recently. What else is recent? I have been taking the XYZAL for about 2 months. So I stopped taking it as of yesterday. My feet are still swollen but if it is the drug then stopping it will cause the swollen to go down. If it isn't the drug then I guess a visit to the doc is in order.”

RiaRia4 · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “My allergies are the highest level of miserable. I have tried everything! I have been battling with trying to breathe from my nose for 2 weeks. I went to Walmart and found Xyzal. I hadn’t read up on it but I didn’t care, I was willing to try ANYTHING! I took a whole pill last night around 9pm and I’ll tell you what! I took a shower before bed and while I was in the shower I thought I was going to fall out right there! I mustered you the strength and collapsed in my bed with my towel still on. It is 5pm the next day and I can’t move. It’s like morphine. That’s the only way I can describe it. My boyfriend took half a pill last night and he’s still sleeping. Oh but my allergies are better today. I can’t breathe out of one side of my nose still but before today I couldn’t breathe out of either side. I will say that the side effects are not worth it.”

Anonymous May 13, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I started this medication Xyzal due to chronic sinusitis and insane pressure headaches. The next day I felt extremely jittery but just shook it off, the day after (so 2 days after starting this med) I had a crazy panic attack hit me. I had immense chest pain, SOB, tingling all over my whole body, extremely light headed , I was sure I was going to pass out and uncontrollable shivering. I stopped it but now my DR wants me to restart it again see what happens since I was also started on a new med with it the first time... but since reading these comments idk seems to be a pretty usual side effect and I did not like that feeling at all ! Only good thing was I usually have trouble sleeping and that first night I slept the whole night lol”

Jen April 27, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I started taking it about two weeks ago and it made me super sleepy. Then I started to take it @ night and I would wake up with heart palpitations. I have had indigestion and chest tightness. I’m going back to my old faithful, Claritin.”

Shasha · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Felt very groggy. Hard to wake up. After 2 days experienced, chest tightness. shortness of breath and heart palpitations. Stopped for a few days and restarted. Same symptoms came back.”

Malb · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2020

For Allergies: “I took the med levocetirizine since I have allergies. I took it for 3 days straight but stopped since I was not feeling well. Went two days without it and then took it again because my allergies were still bothering me. I woke up the next morning after taking it and realized I cannot smell or taste anything, and my nose and headache pain for work. It has got to be this medicine. I will not take it again.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been suffering from allergies manifested mostly in the eyes. Always tearing and watering for years. Ophthalmologist always prescribed different eye drops. Took this medication levocetirizine which was prescribed to my wife by her ENT and it has worked fantastically. Cleared up my eyes with one pill taken 3 days ago and no side effects. Rate it a 10 for my condition...”

Wally · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “Extreme grogginess the next day after taking Xyzal. I feel like a zombie. Constipation.”

Cj · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “Seemed to work pretty decent for my allergies but the sleepiness was too much to handle. I felt really weird and out of it on just half a pill. I had pretty bad headaches too.”

Lettie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “I started taking Xyzal about 2 months ago. For the first week all was well. It helped with my allergies and stuffy nose. After that I noticed my urine turned orange. I thought it was the effect of an antibiotic I was taking, so the dr told me to stop taking the antibiotic. Urine still remained dark after that. Then a cough began that I have had for at least 3 weeks. The final straw was when my face started breaking out with a rash and then my leg. I never thought the medication was the cause of all this until I read reviews from others. I have experienced the depression, the cough, the rash, the dark urine, the fatigue, so now I'm going to stop taking it and hope I can clear up all of these issues. I would say don't take this drug. It's just not worth the risk of all of the side effects.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2020

For Allergies: “I do not recommend taking this at night if you don't know how it will affect you. I took it for the first time last night and I've been up ALL NIGHT. It has made me wired. I don't like the way I feel at all and I probably won't take it again. I can't comment on the allergy effects, but this is ridiculous!”

Lot · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have a chronic urticaria that is triggered by fluorquinolones. Xyzal works almost instantly to calm the pruritus, however the sleepinss makes me drink five coffees per day to function. Hope I will be able to get off it pretty soon.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “Horrible experience with this medication. I suffer from chronic allergies (sinus issues, chronic cough, etc), and Xyzal was recommended to me by my PCP because it is "non-drowsy." So wrong. I'm groggy, disoriented, irritable, and SO INCREDIBLY TIRED, and it's been two days since my last dose. (And this is my 3rd attempt with this med). I was hoping these side effects would fade, but they have not. I'll save a few bucks and take Benadryl the next time I want to relieve my cough and be comatose at the same time.”

Tmitch · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “My allergies were bad sos I took this medication - Xyzal - for 2 weeks and started to feel depressed. I though it could be due to the fatigue I was expecting however after reading a few other reviews I see that depression is very possibly a result of use of this medication.”

Female · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 3, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “I have been using Xyxal for over a year with wonderful results. Other medications were no longer effective (Allegra, Rhinocourt, Zyrtec) This has kept all my seasonal and environmental allergies under control. I am very thankful for this product. I haven’t had any of the side effects”

Kelyn · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “This medication works wonders for my allergies right off the bat. Cleared my stuffy nose right up! THE DOWNSIDE: It made my heart race so bad I had to make a trip to the doctor. My heart rate shot to 104-127. Short of breath. 24 hours later heart rate still 109. If you don't have this type of reaction, it's worth a try.”

UM · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: “I felt like I had lock jaw, felt tired & sleepy, my tongue was swollen, I kept pinching the side of my tongue every time chew my food, itchy, yellow urine.”

Buggy · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “This did not work for my allergies! I would not recommend this product. It's supposed work for for hours, but it didn't work at all.”

Okie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “I took Xyzal for a month and went for blood work. My kidney function had dropped 9 points from 55 to 46 in that time. I immediately stopped taking it. A month later when the blood tests were repeated, my function was 60. My advice is do not take it. If I hadn’t caught it in time the damage might have been irreversible.”

Nicki · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “I have used claritin and zyrtec for my seasonal allergies, but they never seem to really work. I struggle daily with watery eyes, sneezing, runny and stuffy nose. I work at a supermarket and saw xyzal on the shelf and thought ‘why not give this a try’. It’s currently 3am and I am sitting in bed with my heart racing from the awful nightmare I just had. I’m usually skeptical of reading people’s reviews and not trying a medication because of it, but I wish I had. I have never experienced nightmares so awful in my entire life. The amount of anxiety I feel right now is beyond words. Still have a stuffy nose as well. Honestly wondering if I had a panic attack in my sleep. Definitely going to be looking for a new allergy medication. Very scary. I’ve had nightmares before, but this was extremely different.”

Allerjenny · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “I've had seasonal allergies for several years. I went back and forth between Claritin and Zyrtec for all of those years and had not great results that got less and less as time went on. I started taking XYZAL about a month ago when my nose itched and ran so much at night that I couldn't sleep anymore. The first week of taking XYZAL at night before bed, I was so tired the next day I could hardly function and I had a really bad upper stomach ache. But it helped my allergies so well I stuck with it. Eventually the tiredness and stomach ache got better but it seems to take longer to kick in and wears off more quickly now with my allergy symptoms reappearing well before it's time to take another dose. I've also developed extreme moodiness and anger issues, which is why I came to this page. I see it's a problem for others too. Because my symptoms seem to be reappearing, I may try something else for a while.”

K A R · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “Took Xyzal for allergies, within 1 1/2 hours seeing spots in eyes, hard to breath, heart racing, felt panicky and had a headache. Sneezing had stopped , but still had runny nose. Made me feel crazy and exhausted. Scary !!”

Backtoclaritin · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “Tried Xyzal for the first time last week. I noticed I was a little groggy, which I've come to expect from most antihistamines. After taking it for 4 days, I have become an absolute mess. Very irritable, moody, crying and angry. Just generally feel like I'm losing my mind. My 5yo daughter had the same reaction. AND it didn't even help with the sneezing, runny nose or watery eyes. In fact, its given me a headache on top of making me feel insane along with all the allergy symptoms. Back to claritin for us.”

sme42929 September 9, 2019

For Allergies: “As an allergy sufferer I'm always looking for a miracle, there never is one. I've taken all, used nasal sprays even cold medicine. At first, years ago I used allegraD but it is prescription only NOW too $$ OTC and insurance won't cover. I sent away for the sample of Xyzal...WOW . Such an improvement, I have no head fog and I can breathe. I've been on a week and went back on old med and I was MISERABLE. I now have purchased a 90 supply for less than a copay. If after a month any crazy side effects I will post....I hope NOT because that week I was on Xyzal was wonderful”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: “Took Xyzal at 8:00 pm last night and it is now noon the next day and I am still having trouble keeping my eyes open. Box warned it could cause drowsiness but I am beyond drowsy-- extremely tired.”