User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Also known as: Levrix, Xyzal

Learn more about Levocetirizine.

Urticaria 33 reviews 184 medications

8.3
Allergic Rhinitis 24 reviews 872 medications

8.3
Allergies 37 reviews 52 medications

8.1
Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 94 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Been on it a week so far and hives finally gone after ten years of daily suffering n different meds!!!"

Violet2577 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Really developed horrible allergies in last four years because of being over 40 living in terrible city for allergies. It really has been a game changer for me. It's strong enough that I often just use half a pill. I do think it's better than the OTC competition. No side effects for me."

NCResident (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2016

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "It's better than using nothing and provides a modicum of relief. The biggest problem is that it only lasts 8 hours. I have to use two back up antihistimines once the xyzal wears off."

Rose Fever Sneezer (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "After three sinus infections in a year my doctor decided to try this drug. How I wish I'd never taken that first pill. Two weeks after I started this 5mg dose, I noticed I couldn't smell cinnamon pine cones. A week later I no longer could taste food. It has been over a year and a visit to a ENT says I won't ever be able to taste or smell again. I want everyone including physicians to know if I knew that I would never have the ability to taste and smell I would have never taken this drug. There are 51 reported cases of this drug doing this to humans, guess I'm number 52."

merryone (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2016

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Xyzal is one of the most effective antihistamines out there, IMO. It stops all my allergy symptoms from the first pill- I can feel my sinuses open up. It has gotten me through horrible seasons where the grasses I'm allergic to are rampant. The only downside for me is the major sedation. It is supposed to be non-sedating, but a few people will have issues with this. Curiously, I find the sedation to come on several hours after I take it, so I time that with bedtime. At first the sedation was so bad that it felt like I was going under anesthesia! My allergist told me she had the same issue, and had me cut the tablet in half to take the pediatric dose. That helped a lot, but I still time it for when it makes me tired."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2016

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This medication has changed my son's life! He was always on multiple medications for asthma and allergies year round and nothing ever truly worked. This medicine is the only one he takes now and he is 100% symptom free of allergies, sinus issues, and asthma flare ups. Very grateful for this medication!"

Jnkc (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2016

For Allergies: "After taking everything else and still having same problems in decided to take levocetirizine 5 mg just to make my doctor happy. It worked miracles! 7 years of no hives, no sneezing, no itchy eyes during worst pollen season nothing! (My biggest problem is dust mite, so I take this medication through the whole year) but everything must come to an end. Blue cross Blue shield is no longer paying for this medications, it will cost me $76 for 30 pills. So I am now trying to find anything that's close to levocetirizine but no luck. All my symptoms returned overnight."

Adar1974 February 24, 2016

For Allergies: "Initially, levocetorizine worked very well in reducing cough and throat clearing. But as well as it worked for that, I felt sluggish during the day.. ( I'm took pill at night as prescribed ). I had very vivid dreams. I felt in the day as if I had a mild hangover. I cut the pill in half, so I had 2.5 mg instead of 5. Still felt groggy. I then injested 1/4 of the pill, still groggy. I didn't take it at all last night, still vivid dreams, but no groggy in a.m. I'm going to ask Dr if there is another med for me, as side effects too tiring."

mdenhen (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My doctor prescribed xyzal after my regular allergy medicine became ineffective and I was continually getting sinus infections over a couple month span. I couldn't figure out why I was still showing allergy symptoms and continuing to get sinus infections while taking xyzal. I decided to stop taking the medication after reading some side effects included sinus pressure, stuffy nose, and cough. Within a few days of stopping the medication, my symptoms disappeared. I found it interesting that some of side effects I experienced was the reason I began taking this prescription in the first place."

allergiesarenofun (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

For Allergies: "The relief from the itchy nose and congestion are absolutely fantastic. The drowsyness is my issue. I can easily stay in bed 12 hours after taking it. I'm going to try a half dose and see what happens because the allergy relief is amazing."

rajpal716 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Allergies: "I have always have eczema my whole life. I have tried different creams & pills, both prescription & over the counter. I finally go to a dermatologist 2 weeks ago & she prescribed levocetirizine, along w/ a bunch of different creams. I told her I was using benadryl, which helped w/ itching until it wears off. I start taking it, & about 3-4 days later, I noticed that it had been roughly 24 hours of not using the bathroom. It didn't help w/ itching at all, sometimes made it worse. I quit taking them & when I contacted the doctor, her nurse said "%u2026that can't happen at all%u2026". Uh, so why does it list that under side effects?? I guess it works, but honestly, I rather take an anti-itch shot than risk having kidney failure & shaking non-stop. "

TheBigBangTheoryT.V.ShowFan!15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "If ever there is an award for the most irritating/embarassing illness, urticaria would (must?) definitely be a contender. Diagnosed with chronic urticaria about a month ago, and suffered immensely (redundancy at play here :). Nothing really worked, until a dermatologist prescribed Xyzal about a week ago. Told to drop all forms of medication - anti-histamines and ALL supplements, among others - and just take Xyzal. Hives acted up on first two days but have been free (almost) of hives for five days. Early days, but keeping fingers crossed that this will be a permanent solution. Will update."

YusY September 2, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "I broke out in itchy red welts that the doctor first thought was insect bites. It continued even after I stayed indoors. I also have alopecia ariata which is auto immune. I took xyzal and after just 2 days, the itching and welts lessened and by day 5 I did not form any more welts."

patient 712 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Before I started taking Xyzal I would get so stuffy at night in bed that I would have gladly had my entire nose and sinuses removed. It was that horrible. I would lock up so tight my ears would pop. Xyzal has been a miracle for me. No more stuffy nose at night. It works wonderfully. I would give up any of my other medications before I would my Xyzal. I tried all the other allergy medications but none helped. Xyzal is the very best!"

jangarrett71 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Xyzal has helped keep the chronic sinus infections away while on a biologic for an autoimmune disorder! That's a miracle! I love xyzal. Some days I get sleepy so I take it @ night. Now if I can just get the autoimmune symptoms to go away id be kicking booty! Love xyzal for allergies!"

Dottie O. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

For Allergies: "I take this drug since about 3 years ago every other day. I am a HBP patient so no decongestants for me. This one is the one that has alleviated my allergies, as I have been a sufferer all of my life. But it also makes me so relax that I sleep for more than 10 hours, then by Spring time they are not enough for me, and taken everyday, I doze the whole day and symptoms of congestion is worse, I stopped using Flonase because it irritates my nose, then it burns and bleed. So this year I tried myself a combination of both Levocetirizine 5 m and over the counter Claritin. I felt so alleviated from my Spring allergy but I didn't feel sleepy at all."

easysneezy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Best pill EVER for fighting Allergies! Results have been Phenomenal!!!!"

DivaSupreme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I have debilitating seasonal allergies, to the point where my eyes swell up completely. Doctors kept saying take zyrtec, take claritin, nasonex, etc. Nothing made even a dent in the symptoms, even benadryl barely helped. When I was finally prescribed xyzal it completely changed allergy season for me. I feel like I have no allergies at all (almost a problem because I forget to take my meds). Anyone who is miserable during allergy season should seriously consider xyzal."

HappyCamper:) May 10, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This has worked very well for treating my allergies. However, the side effects have hit me very hard. I normally cycle 40-60 miles on the weekends with 2 25 milers during the week. Since starting this pill I have had an enormous loss of strength, even feel tired and groggy all day. I am not sleeping very well either. My legs have been cramping really bad while exercising and cycling, I cannot ride over 30 miles without my legs locking up. I will be asking my ENT for something different tomorrow. Be aware that the side effects don't get everyone, they just got to me. Thanks!"

lovetacycle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Allergies: "Levocetirizine worked on my allergies when everything else was failing! This allergy medicine is a head above the rest for helping you to breathe easier. My allergies were awful and especially at night when I was trying to sleep and my face was pounding with pressure. Levocetirizine really relieved my symptoms better than the over the counter medicines I was taking."

breathing better (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Great for chronic idiopathic urticaria"

ahmedss (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "This medication is excellent! I have had horrible angioedema (a type of urticaria where the hives form under the skin) since I was ten years old from an autoimmune disease and have gone through several different medications, but this once has worked the most effectively. And I can tell how well it works because when I forget to take it, the hives show up within about 12 hours after the missed dose and once I remember to take the missed dose, within about two hours, it feels as though I never had angioedema at all."

coriiic (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2014

For Urticaria: "At first I thought it was another case of poison ivy but it would not go away. After a month I went to the Doctor. He prescribed Levocetirizine. It went away the first day. I go off it for a week and when the conditions starts again I take the prescription and it immediately goes away! Amazing!"

all gone July 29, 2014

For Urticaria: "I developed Solar Urticaria a few years back, (allergies to the sun) and I've tried everything from Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra and cortisone cremes and none of them have worked. The doctor finally gave me some samples of Xyzal and I noticed 98% change. I don't take them everyday but if I know I will be out in the sun for an extended amount of time, I will take one before leaving home and it last for 24 hrs. If I am in direct sunlight on a really hot day for extended hours I will still break out in hives but not as bad as I would if I didn't take anything. It doesn't make me drowsy at all as some have indicated. I am so relieved to have found this medicine. Without insurance it can be very expensive. I wish it was sold over the counter."

lrollins62 July 18, 2014

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Works great for me with no side effects......love it!"

Coats1210 February 7, 2014