User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Allergies
5.6

Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 6.5 222 reviews

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Virtually every other allergy medicine doesn't work at all on me. I get severely itchy eyes and nasal congestion, so bad I have to take off work because I cannot function, Xyzal is the only medicine that works for me."

kathy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Xyzal is very effective for allergies, but caused me horrible insomnia. Tossed and turned several nights in a row. Very disappointed."

Judyhoo (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been on Xyzal for a few years now for seasonal allergies. I am on the 5mg dosage. I take at night 20 mins before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby. When I wake, I have allergy relief all day: no runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing and hives during ragweed season. When my allergies are not bad.... I cut back to a half pill and it keeps my sinuses clear and if I come across a friend’s dog or cat, the small dose in my system keeps me in good shape in those situations too. It definitely works for me. The only cons for me are: sometimes a dry mouth and it will make you sleepy if you take during the day."

Paulie March 5, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I tried Xyzal and it wipes me out for a few days. The first two days I could hardly stay awake and slept most of it. The third day I still felt tired and cloudy but didn't nap as much (still a lot). It helped with allergies but I can't be a zombie for days. I tried it a few times and each time was the same. I suggest that you make sure you have a few days that you're not expected to work or drive before you take it the first time so you know how it affects you. Back to Allegra for me."

Starly (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I took xyzal last night for the first time. I have awoken with the left side of my nasal passages blocked and a head ache that feels like a benzo hangover. If I'm going to feel this way the morning after, I better have had fun the night before. 1/10 I will never take this again even though it was free."

Zennjenn (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

For Allergies: "I am a healthy, stable person. I took this for seven days. It was instantly effective at treating my allergies all night and day and helped me sleep at night. However, during the days I started having moments of fogginess in my thoughts and physical tiredness that were intense..too intense as I drive an hour commute to university. One day in class I felt confused about what time it should be on the clocks and what time events in my day normally occurred. I felt panicky, confused and out of my body that day. That was the last day I took it. I am sensitive to medications including anything that CAN make someone drowsy. Maybe I could lower the amount I take but for now I'm just going to be more consistent with meds I trust and that don't make me feel anxious, detached and exhausted. Overall I think it's effective and worth trying. It just didn't work for me because negative side effects outweighed the benefits."

Sarah December 13, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe sinusitus and take Allegra D and Zyrtec. I wake up every night not being able to breath or sleep. So I figured I’d try Zyzal it helped ease the breathing a little the first tine I tried it but I still woken at 4:30am and the next day I took it couldn’t breath and woke at 2am. Nose still full of mucus, sneezing like crazy. This product didn’t work for me"

Bujimbone (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works ,but makes me feel sedated feeling the next day"

Anonymous November 17, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Not only do I have allergies, but I also have asthma and chronic sinusitus, along with occasional nasal polyps. In addition, I have had a chronic cough for three years, which doctors could not, or would not, help me with. They had no answers. I took XYZAL, and lo and behold, the chronic cough has been drastically reduced! I hope it lasts; I've become reluctant to go shopping or even to church b/c of the persistent cough. I know it's not for a cough, but it has certainly helped mine!! This remedy is now OTC so I won't have to plead my case to the doctor."

GIORGIO (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Although the 2 days I took the medication for allergies ( which it worked great for) , I couldn’t deal with the mental and emotional side effects it caused. The medication caused me to be mean and angry, and extremely depressed. I cried on and off the entire second day. Fortunately I was quick to recognize that these feeling were caused by the medication and after the second day off of it I was fine."

1Jessicab (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "It worked great for me. I get hives and become really itchy near dust. I thought everyone was itchy all the time but it turns out it wasn't normal. The doctor said to take this. It hasn't made me tired or have any mood changes. Though there are barely any medicines that do make me drowsy."

Tom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I really like xyzal, it works quick. It's a little strong for me so I take half a pill and it does it's job."

J Hopkins (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took this 19 hours ago. I’m still too sedated to safely drive and too unsteady to stand in the shower. Plus my eyes are itching from allergy. This stuff should be pulled off the market immediately!"

Jenzy (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I am so careful about meds and always I am cautious about side affects. I am feeling really stupid right now. I gave this a try as nothing else really has helped me with me severe allergies. It was amazing from the start and I have had almost total relief. I take it daily, every morning to stop the inevitable from starting. I wish I had looked into the side affects long ago. After 6 months of completely debilitating exhaustion, fatigue, mood swings, and daily diarrhea I now realize my problem. I have been checked out head to toe by a doctor, blood work done and we were left with no answers until now. I guess miserable allergies, sneezing and coughing are my trade off. Is there nothing put put by big pharma that won't cause more problems and anal leakage? I'm serious, this sucks."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "The very first day I took this medicine it felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I don't know if my sinuses were that bad or this medicine was a contributor. After reading these reviews I would not buy or use this product again and plus it's way to expensive. I wish I could have given it a 0 rating because a 1 is way more than what they deserve!"

Idntbelievetht September 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This is terrible. It's like taking nothing at all and I didn't realize the side effect of anxiety/depression. That explains a lot! Going off in search of something else. I'm stuffed up all freaking day."

Mar (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I cut down to a 1/4 tablet daily because of anger outbursts when taking xyzal. I thought that I would be ok at the 1/4 tablet dose, but becoming angry at any provocation seems to be the norm for me when taking xyzal. I simply can't take xyzal, so I just take half a benadryl at bedtime and mucinex during the day."

J. Keith (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Urticaria: "I’ve have suffered with rash and hives for 15+ years seen lots of doctors and hospital appointment when first started suffering but told didn’t know what I have so I just had to put up with it. Over the years it got worse to the point I had to avoid doing a lot of things. Then 2 moths ago I had an appointment with a dermatologist and she told me I have urticaria chronic cold hives I was prescribed levocetirizine 5mg which I take 4 tablets in morning and montelukask 10mg which I take 1 tablet at night and I haven’t suffered since for me that is amazing I’m able to do things again"

Ruby (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I've been told by at least two doctors that levocetirizine is for hives and skin type reactions to allergies and not so much for sinus and rhinos"

Headache August 10, 2018

For Urticaria: "Have been taking Xyzal for about 5 days. 5 mg. Once daily. Also take Cetirizine one 10 mg tablet in the morning. Xyzal in the evening. Cannot seem to control the hives in spite of all these medicines."

Cooper (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "On Xyzal I experienced severe depression and dark thoughts. I was on it for 16 days. I also had severe chest pains/anxiety attack(?) while on it. I have been off of it for 4 days and every day I'm feeling better. While I was having symptoms, I googled side effects and found "depression" . Really grateful to be off this and feeling better."

Victoria (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Seems to be just as effective as Zyrtec but it's more expensive."

Billy Bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Allergies: "I take this for severe eczema. The other antihistamines the doctor prescrided gave me no side effects but this one knocks me out every time I take it, then after I wake up I am left with the strangest feeling of muscle weakness and and overall groggy feeling. Like my body is ready for sleep but my mind is awake. It also makes me very hot."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Xyzal is horrible. I’ve spent the last 4 years of my life suffering due to side effects of antihistamines. These drugs are all the same thing. They make you feel annoyed, depressed, anxious, exhausted, dizzy, and just like absolute garbage! I thought xyzal, being the “newer and better” drug it was marketed to be, would be the miracle to save my life. However, it wasn’t. This drug is just as bad as the rest, possibly even worse. Also, keep in mind that xyzal is no different than Zyrtec. It’s literally just the left half of Zyrtec, the part of it that actually works. It’s the same drug. If Zyrtec sucks for you, xyzal will too. Honestly I’m gonna go back to claritin. It doesn’t stop my hives completely but I am at least not a psychotic depressed maniac on it."

Adim7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I'm 90% allergic to dogs and 95% allergic to cats. Guess what? I have a cat and a dog... the dog sheds more than the cat, but if the cat scratches me I break out into hives/welt. If a dog hair gets on my face, especially around my eyes... I get symptoms of pink eye. My eyes get red, itchy and swollen. That being said nothing but XYZAL has worked for me. I take this at night about 1 hour before bedtime."

Max&Augie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018