User Reviews for Levocetirizine systemic

Allergies
5.6

Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 6.5 216 reviews

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe sinusitus and take Allegra D and Zyrtec. I wake up every night not being able to breath or sleep. So I figured I’d try Zyzal it helped ease the breathing a little the first tine I tried it but I still woken at 4:30am and the next day I took it couldn’t breath and woke at 2am. Nose still full of mucus, sneezing like crazy. This product didn’t work for me"

Bujimbone (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works ,but makes me feel sedated feeling the next day"

Anonymous November 17, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Not only do I have allergies, but I also have asthma and chronic sinusitus, along with occasional nasal polyps. In addition, I have had a chronic cough for three years, which doctors could not, or would not, help me with. They had no answers. I took XYZAL, and lo and behold, the chronic cough has been drastically reduced! I hope it lasts; I've become reluctant to go shopping or even to church b/c of the persistent cough. I know it's not for a cough, but it has certainly helped mine!! This remedy is now OTC so I won't have to plead my case to the doctor."

GIORGIO (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Although the 2 days I took the medication for allergies ( which it worked great for) , I couldn’t deal with the mental and emotional side effects it caused. The medication caused me to be mean and angry, and extremely depressed. I cried on and off the entire second day. Fortunately I was quick to recognize that these feeling were caused by the medication and after the second day off of it I was fine."

1Jessicab (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "It worked great for me. I get hives and become really itchy near dust. I thought everyone was itchy all the time but it turns out it wasn't normal. The doctor said to take this. It hasn't made me tired or have any mood changes. Though there are barely any medicines that do make me drowsy."

Tom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I really like xyzal, it works quick. It's a little strong for me so I take half a pill and it does it's job."

J Hopkins (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took this 19 hours ago. I’m still too sedated to safely drive and too unsteady to stand in the shower. Plus my eyes are itching from allergy. This stuff should be pulled off the market immediately!"

Jenzy (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I am so careful about meds and always I am cautious about side affects. I am feeling really stupid right now. I gave this a try as nothing else really has helped me with me severe allergies. It was amazing from the start and I have had almost total relief. I take it daily, every morning to stop the inevitable from starting. I wish I had looked into the side affects long ago. After 6 months of completely debilitating exhaustion, fatigue, mood swings, and daily diarrhea I now realize my problem. I have been checked out head to toe by a doctor, blood work done and we were left with no answers until now. I guess miserable allergies, sneezing and coughing are my trade off. Is there nothing put put by big pharma that won't cause more problems and anal leakage? I'm serious, this sucks."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "The very first day I took this medicine it felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I don't know if my sinuses were that bad or this medicine was a contributor. After reading these reviews I would not buy or use this product again and plus it's way to expensive. I wish I could have given it a 0 rating because a 1 is way more than what they deserve!"

Idntbelievetht September 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This is terrible. It's like taking nothing at all and I didn't realize the side effect of anxiety/depression. That explains a lot! Going off in search of something else. I'm stuffed up all freaking day."

Mar (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I cut down to a 1/4 tablet daily because of anger outbursts when taking xyzal. I thought that I would be ok at the 1/4 tablet dose, but becoming angry at any provocation seems to be the norm for me when taking xyzal. I simply can't take xyzal, so I just take half a benadryl at bedtime and mucinex during the day."

J. Keith (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Urticaria: "I’ve have suffered with rash and hives for 15+ years seen lots of doctors and hospital appointment when first started suffering but told didn’t know what I have so I just had to put up with it. Over the years it got worse to the point I had to avoid doing a lot of things. Then 2 moths ago I had an appointment with a dermatologist and she told me I have urticaria chronic cold hives I was prescribed levocetirizine 5mg which I take 4 tablets in morning and montelukask 10mg which I take 1 tablet at night and I haven’t suffered since for me that is amazing I’m able to do things again"

Ruby (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I've been told by at least two doctors that levocetirizine is for hives and skin type reactions to allergies and not so much for sinus and rhinos"

Headache August 10, 2018

For Urticaria: "Have been taking Xyzal for about 5 days. 5 mg. Once daily. Also take Cetirizine one 10 mg tablet in the morning. Xyzal in the evening. Cannot seem to control the hives in spite of all these medicines."

Cooper (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "On Xyzal I experienced severe depression and dark thoughts. I was on it for 16 days. I also had severe chest pains/anxiety attack(?) while on it. I have been off of it for 4 days and every day I'm feeling better. While I was having symptoms, I googled side effects and found "depression" . Really grateful to be off this and feeling better."

Victoria (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Seems to be just as effective as Zyrtec but it's more expensive."

Billy Bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Allergies: "I take this for severe eczema. The other antihistamines the doctor prescrided gave me no side effects but this one knocks me out every time I take it, then after I wake up I am left with the strangest feeling of muscle weakness and and overall groggy feeling. Like my body is ready for sleep but my mind is awake. It also makes me very hot."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Xyzal is horrible. I’ve spent the last 4 years of my life suffering due to side effects of antihistamines. These drugs are all the same thing. They make you feel annoyed, depressed, anxious, exhausted, dizzy, and just like absolute garbage! I thought xyzal, being the “newer and better” drug it was marketed to be, would be the miracle to save my life. However, it wasn’t. This drug is just as bad as the rest, possibly even worse. Also, keep in mind that xyzal is no different than Zyrtec. It’s literally just the left half of Zyrtec, the part of it that actually works. It’s the same drug. If Zyrtec sucks for you, xyzal will too. Honestly I’m gonna go back to claritin. It doesn’t stop my hives completely but I am at least not a psychotic depressed maniac on it."

Adim7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I'm 90% allergic to dogs and 95% allergic to cats. Guess what? I have a cat and a dog... the dog sheds more than the cat, but if the cat scratches me I break out into hives/welt. If a dog hair gets on my face, especially around my eyes... I get symptoms of pink eye. My eyes get red, itchy and swollen. That being said nothing but XYZAL has worked for me. I take this at night about 1 hour before bedtime."

Max&Augie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I was desperate for something to alleviate coughing which was severe to the point of which I had trouble breathing, and terrible accompanying chest pain. I purchased xyzal otc, and used just one dose last night, no other meds were taken with it. It has helped substantially with the coughing, although I haven't slept at all!!!"

Cheeekz (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I have learned my mistakes with taking Xyzal. It gave me horrible side effects but not only me but some of my family I currently am trying to get over a really stuffed nose and bad coughing. I had to look up to see if I wasn’t the only one and apparently I wasn’t. I can see why the pharmacist said Allegra was better. It only worked in the beginning when I took it then side affects started to kick in"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "I developed Hives after gallbladder surgery. Benedryl worked on the surface for about 8 months. Then I went to an allergist and she had me stop all meds for allergies. That night I thought I was going to die. Lips were swollen eyes were and I didn't sleep. The next morning was back at the dr. and was nebulized in the office for 4 hours. She prescribed Zyzal 10 mg at night, and Singulair in the morning as needed. Worked wonderfully. I can played around with dosage taking at night. I can go 1 night without it and I have to take it the next night. 72 hours with out a dosage and I will have a breakout start. Told the Dr. that I will take this the rest of my life, and I don't mind."

VMR (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I have seen mixed reviews on xyzal but for me it seems to work like magic. Doesn’t last 24 hours though. I can tell exactly when it wears off after about 12 hours"

BionicB (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I'm allergic to things that are both inside and outside on this planet. As far as I know, the only habitable planet that I have no choice but to stay on. My doc recommended Xyzal, I bought it the same day, then read the reviews. I wouldn't take it for 3 wks after. Out of desperation and suffering I started 5 days ago. I've slept for approx 18 hours of each day. (I work 12 hour days so you can assume that I slept quite a bit at work.) When my alarm goes off I start saying, "You can do this! Get up Shelby! Omg, whhyyyy? Help!" After I wake I wander around muttering, "Why am I so tired? Something is wrong, I must be dying." Not only am I sedated at all times, sleeping on floors and in my car, but I took my children to the park today & fell asleep on the picnic blanket for 2 hours. They could have been kidnapped. "

Allergic to Earth part 1 of 2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Though I can't say anything about the long term effects of this drug, I can say that I get no relief from most allergy relief medications. I've been taking Zyrtec with no noticeable difference in the relief of my symptoms. And xyzal seems to be helping quite a bit. Although I have very bad seasonal allergy's so I'd be surprised if anyone ever made anything that would completely get rid of them."

Anonymous April 28, 2018