User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Also known as: Levrix, Xyzal, Xyzal Allergy 24HR

Learn more about Levocetirizine.

Urticaria 38 reviews 188 medications

8.3
Allergic Rhinitis 27 reviews 881 medications

8.1
Allergies 53 reviews 53 medications

6.8
Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 118 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Didn't help at all against my allergy symptoms (sneezing, runny nose, itching & watering eyes)."

Desert Dweller April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "My vision is so bad that I could not read the warnings on the box. I bought one bottle for home and one for work. Big mistake. 1. It does not ease any of my allergy symptoms which include cough, runny nose and runny eyes. 2. It makes me feel stoned. 3. I've had pretty serious body aches since I started taking it. Based on a few of the reviews here, I think it must be related. I am going to go cold turkey. It can't be worse than this stuff. Does ANYTHING work for allergies? I will be moving to the desert soon. Finger crossed!"

Chimom68 April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "This medicine made me feel a million times worse than without any allergy medicine at all. It felt like I was having a severe allergic reaction to Xyzal which is supposed to help alleviate allergy symtoms, not cause more severe symptoms. I really hope it didn't cause any long-term harm."

Les miserable (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Awful! I feel like I've had a flu for days... I've been vomiting, dizzy, shaky, run down, not been able to sleep, and had a sore throat since I started taking this. It is NOT worth all the side effects!"

SmcCauleyyy April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "My allergies are the worst in the morning and this medication directs it be taken at night. I've tried that several times and it is no help whatsoever. Just before writing this I had to take Benedryl even though I took this medication last night. Very disappointed in this product! The couple of times my allergies kicked up at night and I took it this product did not help at all. That said everyone is different and I guess if you want to try it and see if it works for you go ahead. But if your allergies are bad in the morning it will not help at all."

Michele the Matchmaker (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Been prescribed xyzal for years. Just recently bought it over the counter for a cheaper price. The plus with this medication is that it helps a bit with my rhinitis and eliminates my hives completely. However, I'm now reading about drowsiness side effects others have been experiencing and wonder if this has been the cause of my fatigue."

cpilot21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Took this for seasonal allergies. Knocked out cold for 9 hours, woke up feeling hungover. Went out with family for breakfast, came back home and slept 5 more hours. Awful! I don't know how people could function taking this regularly."

MeghanRN April 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "The drug seems to work but it made me so dopey and sleepy that I couldn't take it. It made me feel like I was on actual drugs. Disappointing."

Maureen12345 April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I tried this medication as I needed a good allergy med and it knocked me out for 15 hours - like a drugged knock out. I couldn't get off the bed to go to the bathroom even. It was horrible. I didn't move for 15 hours then when it finally started to wear off, I hurt all over. Finally, after 36 hours I'm starting to feel normal again. Never again! This stuff is nasty!"

Tigger2055 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I have been taking xyzal now for 10 days. The first couple of days I thought I had finally found the answer to my chronic cough and allergy symptoms. It helped me to sleep through the night without coughing and most of the day. By about the fifth or sixth day I started having severe muscle aches and joint pain over my entire body. My mother is 88 years old and I feel like how she describes her body pain. The last few days I have been trying to decide if its worth the pain and fatigue until this morning on the 10th day. On top of the joint pain, muscle aches, tiredness, oh and crazy vivid dreams, I felt myself wanting to cry several times today. thats just not me. I'm done!!!"

Female 62 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Have used it only 4 days. The first night I felt quite sedate and went to sleep easily. The following nights were just the opposite Have great difficulty settling down and getting to sleep. I take it about 9 pm and would like to be asleep by 11:00."

MollieH April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Was waste of my money didn't last as long as they said it did."

Kittylove71 April 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "This medication is incredible. It has changed my life. I use to sniffle and have a consistent stream of mucus flowing from my nose due to environmental allergies. This has completely changed how I feel. No more itchy red watery eyes, mucus, or overall discomfort. I can work without a tissue box nearby! If you have terrible allergies I do think it's worth a shot. Also I do advise you to take it in the evening as it might make you drowsy. The medication states it works for 24 hours but realistically it's about 18-20 hours."

Shibaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Shortly after taking Xyzal because I wanted to try a different allergy pill than Zertec. My throat and nose and eyes began to itch and burn really bad and I think its because of the Lactose Monohydrate ingredient but its not for me at all!"

Cap K (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I suffer from severe allergies & thought I would try something new, I have taken this going on 2 weeks and all I feel is tired and sleepy- placebo medication?"

placebo1 March 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This medication did not seem to work any better than others I have taken, but it has made me extremely drowsy. I was not feeling well when I started taking it, so it took me a full week to figure out the XYZAL was making me so tired. I do not recommend this drug if you are susceptible to drowsiness side effects. Since it is sold in a 24-hour pill, I'm stuck being sleepy for a long time until this pill is out of my system."

StephenIsMyNickname (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Following the insertion of two stents to treat a serious occlusion of the arteries, I was prescribed the usual cardiac drugs plus omeprozole, and a year or so later Lasix to counteract the usual old age swelling of the prostate. Since taking these drugs I have developed urticaria. The dermatologist prescribed Xozal and a cream for 30 days which was 100% successful with the urticaria. I believe that one of the aforementioned drugs that I mentioned was responsible for the urticaria. After a couple of weeks without the Xozal & the cream, the urticaria returned. Using the cream on its own does not stop the urticaria, but the Xozal alone is 95% effective. I now need to check with the urologist about long term use of Xozal."

Sospiri775 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria: "Highly effective for treatment of Physical Urticaria if taken at least 1 hour prior to activity. Less side effects than Cetrizine. I am taking this medication for years now and has caused no drowsiness so far, even when some alcohol is consumed it does not seem to increase drowsiness. Very positive experience with this drug as it allowed me to be active again."

Katrien (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Really tired and sleepy throughout the day. I take medicine. In the evening."

Sugga February 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I was prescribed this drug when it was first introduced over 10 years ago by sanofi- Aventis,or ucb pharma. I was havening severe reactions to , indoor and outdoor allergies. dust mites, certain soaps, and food allergies. For the longest time I had to be very careful what I could eat. This product changed my life style and how I was living. By far the best allergy medicine out there, and I have taken them all. Yes it is expensive, but worth it. I have been taking 5 milligrams a day for over 10 years now, and it still works. Generic doesn't work. It's not the same. Xyzal is the best."

matty cakes October 28, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria: "Its very effective medicine for the urticaria and thanks AIIMS skin Doctor. And thanks levocetrizine"

xmsmmakmamm September 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I've only taken Xyzal for allergies, twice. The first time I took 1 5 mg pill at 1700 hrs and by 2000 hrs, I was completely knocked out, as if I just had a meeting with Bill Cosby, knocked out. According to my fitbit, I didn't move for 10 hours 15 min. During the first three hours of the experience, I felt everything pop in my head and loosen up, but as that was going on my stomach became upset. When I woke up in the morning it felt like it wore off. I've tried this medicine because Zyrtec cause mood swings that causes me to be the most unlikable person in my city and I live in DC. I tried the medicine with a 1/2 dose the second night with the same side affects and the same intensity, but without the benefits and those last 8 hrs."

MotuMan September 15, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies: "I have for 15 years always had cold and flu symptoms that after tests, nothing showed up. Blood tests, allergy tests showed nothing and over time it got worse where I was feeling a virus coming on every 2 weeks. It was ruining my life. I tried Levrix and after seeing an immunologist and was advised I could safety take a 5mg tablet twice a day without doing any harm to my body long term. This dose was good for me as 5mg didnt quite do it. But now I have been well for 2 months, and I sleep so muchy better I could never sleep more than 5-6 hours. Now I can sleep longer and feel so calm during the day and relaxed. Still don't know what is wrong but these work so I'm happy."

m_shadow_77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria: "I developed severe allergies to several types of plants that grow in my state. I have severe hives throughout my entire body day and night for months on end. My allergist prescribed Xyzal and within a day or two my hives were 95% gone. I still get one or two here and there, but not as badly as before. I think this medication is perfect for those who suffer from urticaria."

AudriJay August 27, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Been on it a week so far and hives finally gone after ten years of daily suffering n different meds!!!"

Violet2577 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016