User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Also known as: Levrix, Xyzal, Xyzal Allergy 24HR

Learn more about Levocetirizine.

Urticaria 41 reviews 189 medications

8.2
Allergic Rhinitis 32 reviews 886 medications

7.6
Allergies 97 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 170 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "This was prescribed to my elderly mother. After taking it about a month, she began to have hallucinations as well as feeling extremely tired. We will make sure she never takes this again."

Anonymous#2 September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Day 2, throat drainage is much better, although hasn't stopped completely. Congestion in my nose is better as well. No problems with feeling sleepy. Trying this to see if I can avoid deviated septum surgery after being on antibiotics for 3 months for severe sinus infection"

Dseptum September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I took one pill at night. I slept all night and all the next day. Do not recommend. I slept all day so don't even know if it worked for allergies. Nowhere on the package did I see warning about sleep problem and no additional instructions in the box. Stuck with expensive product that I cannot use. In my mind drowsiness is not the same as being sound asleep for over 24 hours."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Extremely effective. I have had horrible allergies for years, and this was the only thing that worked for me. Make sure you take it an hour or so before you go to bed though, the drowsiness side effect is huge if you don't. After my allergies were under control, I was able to switch to half a pill and that helped with the morning grogginess a lot. But it gave me my health back, so I'm grateful!"

Krtu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I live in Central Texas where we have allergens year round. I have suffered from allergies all my life and eventually everything just stopped working, and nasal sprays made things worse. Xyzal has been amazing for me- I take it at night and have zero side effects (that I'm aware of!) It is TOTALLY worth trying if Claritin and Zyrtec don't work for you anymore."

C8 August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I was looking around on these reviews to see if anyone else experienced weight gain. While the drug worked pretty well for my allergies (dairy consumption) I was shocked to see after a few days of taking it, I had ballooned up inexplicably. Yikes. Found one person who said they had also gained weight."

Lily2Susan (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I have not experienced the side effects like others. It simply does absolutely nothing for my allergy symptoms."

Zizbrat (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Took this at night while waiting on an Allegra order. It was not terribly effective on my indoor/outdoor allergies. I felt marginally less wheezy at night, but my nose was stuffed and eyes itchy the next morning. On top of that, it makes me sluggish and stupid for a solid 24 hours. Forget drinking on this pill; the alcohol will go straight to your head. Granted, the label says all of this, but these itty-bitty pills aren't effective enough to be worth it."

Anonymous July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "My doctor suggested this medication for allergies a few days ago. I was taking for two days and I was completed exhausted and wiped out both days (which never happens to me). So I decided to research it and saw that many people had a similar reaction. This was a significant reaction so be careful before you take it. I have now stopped."

QMCIII (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Kept my four year old up all night . She was miserable and whined all night. Do not use for children this has been awful. She finally got some rest at 10 am the next day."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "This has been one of the worst medications for allergies that I have ever taken. I took it around 5am in the morning and right now It's 6:45 pm. My nose has been draining since I took this medication and I'm more stuffed now than I've ever been. My eyes are watery and I'm sneezing something terrible. I do not recommend this medication. Save your money and try something else. By the way this was my 2nd time trying it just to see if I would have the same symptoms and I did."

kio (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I feel absolutely horrible. I ran out of Zyrtec, my son takes this so I figured I'd try it. On day two I feel a combination of having a concussion and a hangover all at one time. I'm fatigued, dizzy, and have a headache. This does not include the pressure I feel in my sinuses. I feel absolutely horrible. I'm done, I won't take this again. I'm honestly not even sure the FDA should have approved this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "This medicine has severe side effects; that is, it causes irritability and tiredness. It does dry a person out, but the side effects necessitate cautionary awareness if you are going to drive or work with people. You have no patience. I do not recommend this product."

Fla Air (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I found it to be about as effective as Zyrtec, but it made me extremely drowsy. I tried only a half dose each time, and could barely get out of bed the next day. It works fairly well, but for me it's not worth the side effects."

Myxlplyx (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "It has been the only antiallergic that really works for me. I take it every other day. It is just fantastic and so happy that now is over the counter, now I can get the 80 tablets bottle and not deal with insurance and is cheaper than the out of the pocket payment that I used to pay."

Saly71 June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I think I have chronic sinusitis, with allergy symptoms all day long, year round. Zyrtec used to help, but doesn't anymore. I thought that Xyzal was going to be the answer and it was until I started experiencing stomach aches that had no apparent cause in what I had eaten. Very reluctantly I stopped the Xyzal and the stomach aches stopped. But if you don't experience any of the side effects, then it works better than any other medication for allergies that I have ever taken!"

Tacman_Bill June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Heart racing, couldn't sleep, bad sweat, so weak,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "I was hoping that it would help with the itching from psoriasis but I got very little to no relief. I took it at night like the directions instructed but I still could not get a good night sleep and during the day I still had severe itching."

Cajun65 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I took this three days ago and was up all night. I didn't make the connection as I had a cup of coffee later in the evening than I normally would. I took another Xyzal the following day. I still have not slept. I have been up for 3 nights!!! I have a heavy duty sleeping pill that I am going to take tonight and I'm hoping that will be the end of it. I can't imagine it would take longer than 72 hours to make its way out of my system. If you are someone who experiences these types symptoms with certain medications, avoid Xyzal."

Pauser (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Very helpful!!"

Men men (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "The medicine turned me into a weight gaining zombie that didn't want to get out of bed. It controlled my allergies (no more so than zyrtec) and made me feel horrible."

Allergiesgalore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took this medication prior to going to bed. I woke up with my head spinning. I could not function at all the very next day. It felt like it gave me the worst hangover of my life. I would rather suffer with allergies than feel exhausted and dizzy ."

Cchawk (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "The first 2 bottles I bought were amazing. I took them at night as indicated; slept well and no morning 'hangover' and best of all no allergy symptoms. The 3rd bottle however, feels as though I haven't taken anything. I have been taking medication from this bottle for approximately 2 weeks. Not sure if I got a bad batch or what. I will buy a smaller bottle next time just to make sure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "If you are looking to sleep night and day, this is a great sleeping pill, as far as allergies relief none, only very dry mouth and throat. Threw the whole bottle down the toilet"

Rury (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Found this medication to be completely ineffective in treating my allergy symptoms. Not only was I up urinating many times during the night but when I got out of bed my eyes were tearing, my sinuses were swollen and I was very drowsy. I believe this drug to be just another heavily promoted batch of promises that simply does not deliver. And yes..this stuff is not inexpensive to say the least. Save your money and just buy the home brand of antihistamine."

Raybonotics June 4, 2017