User Reviews for Diphenhydramine systemic

Also known as: 40 Winks, Aler-Dryl, Aler-Tab, Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy, Aller-G-Time, Allergia-C, Allermax, Altaryl, Banaril, Banophen, Beldin, Belix, Ben-Tann, Benadryl, Benadryl Allergy, Benadryl Children's Allergy, Benahist-10, Benahist-50, Benoject-50, Buckley's Bedtime, Bydramine, Calm-Aid, Complete Allergy Relief, Compoz Nighttime Sleep Aid, ConRx Allergy, Dicopanol, Diphedryl, Diphen, Diphen AF, Diphen Cough, Diphenadryl, Diphendryl, Diphenhist, Diphenmax, Diphenydramine Quick Melt, Diphenyl, Diphenylin, Dormin, DPH, Dytan, Dytuss, Genahist, Help I Can't Sleep, Histaprin, Hydramine, Hydramine Compound, Hydramine Cough Syrup, Hyrexin, Miles Nervine, Nervine, Nightime Sleepaid, Nu-Med, Nytol, Nytol Caplet, Nytol QuickCaps, Pardryl, PediaCare Children's Allergy, Pharbedryl, Q-Dryl, Q-Dryl A/F, Quenalin, Scot-Tussin Allergy, Siladryl, Siladryl Allergy, Siladryl DAS, Siladyl SA, Silphen Cough, Simply Sleep, Sleep, Sleep Tab II, Sleep Tabs, Sleep-ettes, Sleep-ettes D, Sleep-Eze-3, Sleepinal, Sleepwell 2-nite, Snooze Fast, Sominex, Sominex Maximum Strength Caplet, Somnicaps, Theraflu Thin Strips Multi Symptom, Total Allergy, Tranquil Nighttime Sleep Aid, Triaminic Thin Strips Allergy, Triaminic Thin Strips Cough & Runny Nose, Trux-adryl, Truxadryl, Tusstat, Twilite, Uni-Tann, Unisom Liquid, Unisom SleepGels, Unisom SleepMelts, Unisom SleepMinis, Valu-Dryl, Vanamine PD, Vicks QlearQuil Nighttime Allergy Relief, Z-Sleep, ZzzQuil …show all brand names

Motion Sickness

5.5

1 review 69 medications
Summary of Diphenhydramine reviews 7.0 199 reviews

Reviews for Diphenhydramine

Nytol Caplet (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I occasionally use the one a night nytol and find them excellent. If I can’t sleep, I get up and take one and within half an hour have a undisturbed good nights sleep. I highly recommend them."

Thelma (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I have used this product on & off, every couple of months, for several years. I use it to sleep well & lay in as opposed to helping me get to sleep. Oddly I find it either knocks me out, as planned, or doesn't work at all! Half the time it has no effect on me whatsoever, which is what lowers my overall rating. When it does work it successfully keeps me asleep & allows me to lie in longer than usual in the morning. Because of this I'd never take one if I had to get up for work! It doesn't impede me waking in the night to use the bathroom and I go straight back to sleep afterwards. They recommend taking it half an hour before bed but I take it earlier in the evening so it doesn't impact on me quite so much the following morning. I can stay awake easily for a couple of hours (or more) after taking it so I personally couldn't recommend it for aiding falling asleep."

Sazzles (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Works most of the time."

Jim (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "I usually have severe and chronic insomnia 3 years ago until now due to anxiety and stress. I took diphenhydramine first time since 2 years ago, It works perfectly, I had 9 hrs sleep with high quality. I retake it this week for 3 nights because I have occasional insomnia due to stress and anxiety I am passing in. It turns me sleepy, however, I have many side effects like severe anxiety, waking up during the night every 40 minutes and low quality sleep. It seems that this substance works once and drowsiness is just a side effect."

hussein (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

ZzzQuil (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Diphenhydramine is a fantastic sleep aid, but you need to follow the dosage very, very, carefully. I've struggled with insomnia since basically puberty, and few years back I began taking zzzquil daily. I slowly grew a tolerant to it, and increased my dosage eventually to 100mg. One night I was so fed up with tossing and turning, I took another 100mg (I was 19, ok?). An hour later I was watching the walls ripple like the surface of a pond, little black dots crawling up the walls here and there, and full blown auditory hallucinations. (I.e. I heard orchestra music coming from the bathroom vent fan amidst its hum). I felt like my body was made of lead, and was horribly lethargic. Still after tossing and turning for hours, I eventually made it to sleep, and felt as if I was awake the entire time. My room mate said I talked in my sleep the entire duration of my slumber, and my dreams were very vivid and unsettling. I felt like a trainwreck the next day until I could finally go home and sleep."

Lucky October 3, 2018

Nytol (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Struggled to stay asleep since breast cancer and treatment a year ago. Read the reviews and thought I’d give them a go. Complete waste of money. Taken 2 the last couple of nights and still no sleep. Save your money don’t bother buying these."

Aspi (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "Helps me when nothing else would"

Toy (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "This medication leaves me very groggy the next day."

Monica September 1, 2018

Nytol (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Took 2 last nite didn’t get to sleep for hours 4 tonight still tossing and turning 3 hours later"

Richie September 1, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I often suffer with insomnia, I struggle to get to sleep on a night and I can be up for hours. Sominex helps to drift off quite quickly once it kicks in, only criticism can make me feel drowsy in the morning for about half an hour.. but works well to help me sleep."

Amy (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I have been using Sominex on and off for few years. They do the trick for me, but I find a whole tablet too much. But I tend to break the tablet so I end taking a 1/3 of tablet. They are easy to break, and this is enough for me. I sometimes take 1/2 and again this is more than enough. They are strong tablets, and I do feel a bit groggy in the morning but nothing that stops me functioning and I always manage to get to where I need to be the next day."

Dee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2018

For Insomnia: "So when I first started using these, I had extreme insomnia, sometimes I would stay up until 5am, and when I took the first set of Nyquil LiquiCaps (for sleep aid), I did feel sleepy, but not significantly enough to actually want to fall asleep, I took antihistamines daily before I resorted to diphenhydramine, so I may have grown an tolerance to it, but either way, this won’t work if you have been taking antihistamines for at least 2 months (at least in my case) and like now all this does is make me uncomfortably drowsy, with heavy eyelids, but still the incapability to fall asleep, I recommend taking straight up melatonin."

Marvy (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I took a single pill of Benadryl and it made me vomit, nauseous, diarrhea, dry throat, and gave me a stuffy nose. I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy."

Amy (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Simply Sleep (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "It seemed to work perfectly I got an entire 11 hours of sleep. The only problem was that it seemed to work a little too well, I had three alarm clocks set and I didn't hear one of them go off making me glad that I haven't gone back to school yet or else I would have been in major trouble. I'm usually awake the second my first alarm goes off but that wasn't the case when I took this."

Anonymous August 7, 2018

ZzzQuil (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Mucous made me stop this med. I was constantly clearing my throat and it did not keep me asleep over 2 hrs."

Dokey (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for Cough: "I have had a cough now for about 6 weeks. I tried all types of antihistamines, even prescribed cough syrup and expectorants. The only thing that finally stopped the cough and even at night time was Benadryl. I wish I had known this weeks ago. I can even sleep at night without the night and morning cough. Thank goodness for Benadryl!"

Lori (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for Allergic Reactions: "I've used this and given it to my children for over 20 years. My teenage son would take 1 before going to bed so he could sleep without allergic reactions. I've used it for unknown allergies like bee stings and sunless tanner. Works great and so does the topical cream. No adverse affects with us."

marlene1020 (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2018

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Benadryl really helps take the sinus pressure away and I found out recently it even worked best for my migraine. Out of Tylenol and Motrin Benadryl was the only one to knock it out. It does cause me dry mouth and drowsiness. It also helps to calm me when I feel a panic attack or anxiety coming on. I rather take benadryl then psych meds or all kinds of prescription meds anyday . I hope it stays working wonders for me because claratin and flonase did nothing for me and I don't want to have to try anything else."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 11, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I imagine that a lot of people reading this will have had a similar experience to me. You might not have slept last night, or the night before - and you're frantically looking for a solution to help you sleep. It's a vicious cycle and it's one of the worst feelings. I personally think that Sominex is worth a shot. I cannot go to sleep without something to help me. I only take half a Sominex tablet about an hour before bed. It's just enough to take the edge off, stop that anxiety cycle and allow me to drift off. You can feel it in the morning. Ever so slightly for the first hour or so. But after a coffee and a shower it's gone. This stuff has allowed me to restore a normal sleep cycle and I can actually function well in life and at work now. Stop panicking and relax - you will sleep again. I hope this is helpful to someone."

mrphla May 31, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Diphenhydramine has saved my life. I have a severe migraine disorder that comes with extreme nausea and sudden vomiting. I now take LIQUID Diphenhydramine, sold as Children's med, for nausea and vomiting. I tried pills and they are not fast acting enough and the dose is too high, so it makes me very sleepy. The smaller liquid dose knocks my nausea out almost immediately and only makes me mildly sleepy. I carry this med on hand at all times and take it as needed when I feel the first sign of nausea. If I feel like a full migraine is coming on, I'll take the complete adult dose. The reduction in nausea, in addition to the powerful sleepiness, can really help me avoid more expensive or risky migraine abortive medications. I've taken this medication for years and the only chronic side effect that I've noticed is dryness/dehydration, but I compensate for that with added water and fish oil. Thank you scientists for diphenhydramine!!"

Migraneur (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 19, 2018

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The nurses at my cancer center were I get my chemo treatment they give me Benedryl before my chemo medicine and it works wonders but it puts me to sleep once every week"

mainman63 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "sominex gave me terrible heart palpitations wont be using them again. They're now in the bin"

suzy (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

Sominex (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I slept like a log last night and always do what I take this particular sleeping aid. But the side-effects is I feel groggy in the morning. I took it whilst on holiday and my friends said I seemed like a different person, not really with it! I question that something so affective and strong hasn’t got its counter negative points! "

Rosebud (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2018

Simply Sleep (diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "This stuff doesn't work at all"

Anonymous April 16, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Better known as Benadryl; Every time anyone is puking I can always rely on this to immediately stop it. (Chewable form) My children have struggled with nausea with no help from any medication until this was brought to my attention. This is the absolute only thing I will use for nausea/vomiting."

Michelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2018