User Reviews for Epinephrine

Also known as: EpiPen, Adrenalin, Auvi-Q, Primatene Mist, EpiPen 2-Pak, EpiPen Auto-Injector, Adrenaclick, EpiPen Jr, EpiPen JR 2-Pak, Symjepi, EpiPen JR Auto-Injector Adrenalin Chloride EPIsnap

Epinephrine has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 37 ratings on Drugs.com. 68% of those users who reviewed Epinephrine reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Asthma, acute
AV Heart Block
Summary of Epinephrine reviews 7.0 37 reviews

Reviews for Epinephrine

Westernmeds · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2021

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I've had asthma pretty much my whole life. I didn't have a rescue inhaler and figured I would give this a try. Big mistake! I wish I didn't take it. Within minutes my throat was burning and it made mild symptoms worse and my chest felt congested. I will be returning back to the store. Don't play with my life.”

Tony · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I've been on prescription corticosteroids and Albuterol for my asthma and I'm still getting up in the middle of the night with my lungs making noise like a balloon being deflated and a deep gurgle in the lower lung.So I use Primatene mist that clears it up better. Eventually I'm probably going to have to use an injection.”

Linguine · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “Only used the Primatene Mist thing twice. Both times made my symptoms worse, made my throat burn, and made me go into coughing fits. I don’t recommend this product at all.”

JohnnyOnTheSpot · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “So I'm going to leave an actual review and not just lament about having missed Primatene Mist for so long which is what it seems like everyone else is doing. Bought my first inhaler a few days ago and I have to say, very very happy so far! I used primatene Mist for 30 years before it was taken off the market unfairly. This inhaler delivers it differently and instead of it being in a liquid form it is in a powder form. You're not going to get the initial jolt of epinephrine like you used to do but instead after about three or four seconds it kicks in and does its job. It also has a different taste to it. Not unpleasant, just different. All in all though I am very happy with this and will continue to use it. Works a lot better then albuterol ever did. By with confidence fellow wheezers! We finally get some over-the-counter relief again... Thank you primatene people for not giving up and quitting. I for one appreciate it and you greatly!”

Howard March 2, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “You can imagine to my surprise, this morning at like 4 am, suffering over here I did a google search, I thought surely they have an otc inhaler by now! My eyes got pretty big when I saw it was BACK! I had been wheezing and miserable all night. Throat so sore from coughing up phlegm, trying to get it to come out of your lungs. I wasted no time. Here is what I can tell you for sure. It is the primetime mist you remember; I am positive of that. Once again, within 4- 6 seconds, I was free to breathe freely. It opens you fully up. If I were a boy, still, I would run. Currently, I am sitting here writing this review, smiling, breathing again instead. Thanks, Primatene Mist. Glad it's back. Frankly, I can't tell any difference. It's the same quality and effectiveness I remember. One caveat my wife pointed out and that it's twice as expensive as it used to be, but let's get real here. If you're a fish out of the water and you can't breathe, who cares. I am satisfied. ITS BACK FOLKS.”

Nomore wheezin · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I read that the old primatene must was taken off market because one of the ingredients was harmful to the ozone. I have had asthma all my life and always used primatene mist. I didn't like the taste or the instant jolt to your heart but it helped me to stop wheezing and to breathe better. When it was taken away from the stores, I suffered because I didn't have insurance to see a doctor for a prescription. When I did get insurance, I was given albuterol and a steroid inhaler which helped but I still wheezed at times. I bought one of the new primatine mist inhalers a few days ago and I am so pleased to say it works great and completely stops the annoying wheezes.”

az10 · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “Recently bought the "new and improved" Primatene Mist inhaler. Don't know yet if it will work like the original. Package indicates 160 metered doses per unit. The instructions say to spray 4 doses into the air before initial use. After that, spray one dose into air before each additional use. Net effect is that over 50% is wasted when dosing instructions are followed. Read the package then contact the manufacturer for explanation of the 50% waste.”

Child of God · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I have chronic COPD and a partially collapsed lung. I am on oxygen and I use 3 different inhalers, Combivent, Albuterol rescue inhaler and Symbicort. They do work but Primatene mist works very well. It helps me to start breathing quick.”

Stormi · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “Last night was the first night I didn't wake up coughing, wheezing, and choking from not being able to breath. When I first take the inhaler, I do experience a little weird throat irritation. It's gone within a few minutes and then I'm fine.”

asthmaguy · Taken for 10 years or more July 5, 2018

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “When the government banned Primatene Mist they did a TREMENDOUS dis-service to asthma sufferers all over the United States. To this day there is no other drug that is as effective, as affordable, and as easy to get as Primatene Mist was. Ask any asthma patient how they feel about this.....the answer will always be the same . My asthma was well controlled by Primatene Mist for more than 50 years. Now, since the ban went into effect, for the first time in decades, asthma has once again become a severe problem for me.”

Nell · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 17, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I was stung by a fire ant, and having nothing specifically for it I did have Primatene Mist and knew it contained the ingredient most likely to help. I placed the container on the sting (within a couple of minutes) and released one dose. It immediately stopped the fiery burning sting. After this I always kept Primatene Mist with me anytime I worked in my garden in case of a sting of any kind. I also used it occasionally for its intended purpose as I am allergic to dirt and dust. I am so glad it has returned to the otc market. It works better than the Rx'd inhalers, of which I have two, in my opinion.”

Bosslady · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I'm not completely sure as to why the original Primatene Mist inhaler was taken from the market, but I'm very "sick" that it was. I was born with asthma, and ever since 5 years old I'd been using the inexpensive original Primatene Mist inhaler. It worked so much better than any other medication (otc or prescibed) on the market. This new Primatene Mist inhaler is trash. It's costly and you're not getting the entire dose displayed on the counter, because if used as directed, then you're spraying about half in the air. Please, please go back to the drawing board and bring back the original ingredients of the Primatene Mist inhaler.”

Weezer · Taken for 10 years or more October 24, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I rate the old primatene mist at a ten. The new one does little to nothing for me. I’ve had asthma all my life and like many others I have used everything in the prescription market with no where’s near the success of the original Primatene which I used for 30 or 40 years the prescription albuterol sulfate inhaler’s hook you and make you need more and more to stop your asthmatic issues then eventually they quit working. I have seen this happen to asthma sufferers and I'm sure I will suffer the same fate The government and doctors all about money they don’t care if we can breathe or not”

dennis12a February 10, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: “I have COPD. I can't use a nebulizer with albuterol because I get severe headaches from it. I have tried five different prescribed inhalers but none worked as well as Primatene. I have used Spiriva and Advair and neither work half as well as Primatene. I sure hope they come out with a new Primatene.”

cj · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “used Primatene mist only 1 time and I went into shock, body numb all over, could not breath hardly. I went to doctor that day and was told this INHALER never SHOULD HAVE be sold over the counter. EPINEPHRINE IS to strong. He would never order this for patients. Lucky for me I had only taken 1 dose. However it took me days to get all of this out of my system I felt awful and weak for days. Never take anything over the counter for asthmas of anything like that, see a doctor first. ”

AZ1052 January 4, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “Bought the new Primatene mist inhaler for use because I had used the original for years. The included dosing instructions indicate to spray 4 times into the air before initial use. After that a single spray into the air before each follow up spray. Package is rated at 160 metered sprays but according to instructions more that 50% is sprayed into the air. Sounds strange but read the box.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 26, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “My experience now is that I'm in the ER every other day because I cannot get Primatene Mist any longer. I've been using this product for over 25 years without one single bad side effect and now 10 times a day I have a breathing attack that lasts over 30 mins or more because I don't have my Primatene and prescribed medicines DO NOT WORK.”

wyvan February 4, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: “I have emphysema/COPD and this works for me when I am getting winded. I tried albuterol but it actually makes me worse. After just 4 days of using albuterol I was waking up at night having trouble breathing. The primatene mist doesn't have the rebound effect that albuterol had. When I learned they were going to stop selling it after Dec 31, 2011 I stocked up. Hopefully what I have will last me until they reformulate it and it's available again. I don't know what I would do without it.”

Anonymous March 22, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: “My son was born with asthma as was I. When he was 9 years old he had a major asthma attack that sent him into cardiac arrest. ONE puff on a Primatene Mist inhaler saved his life. ALL the prescribed medicines he was taking DID NOTHING FOR HIM. I have been wheezing for 2 months now AND was hospitalized last month for the first time in over 30 years due to my asthma because I couldn't get the Primatene Mist inhaler. ”

Anonymous March 22, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I was born with Asthma had been in and out of hospitals since birth. When I was old enough to use my own judgement on inhalers I decided to try Primatene Mist. I have used it for over 20 years. I only need to use it...maybe...2 times a month...if that. NOTHING the doctors gave me ever worked. Primatene Mist keeps me OUT of the hospital and home with my family. ”

LikesToBreathe May 11, 2011

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I've been prescribed everything under the sun for my asthma. Nothing is as effective as Primatine Mist. I only use an inhaler when I need them; usually 2-3 times a week, depending on the season or athletic activity. One puff of Primatine Mist will last me all day, whereas the other inhalers I've tried (Proventil, Albuterol, Advair, Azmacort, etc.) haven't provided as long-lasting effects. I'm really upset and disappointed that the Federal Govt is making Primatine Mist unavailable after this year, because it uses a CFC-type spray. I really hope the alternative HFA is as effective as the CFC. We will be saving the Ozone, but we won't be able to breathe that CFC-free air!”

Bj March 13, 2020

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: “I was accidentally stuck by an Epipen and was diagnosed with Diabetes 3 weeks later. l am not a EpiPen user and was unaware that it could cause diabetes until now. This happen to me 3 years ago please make your users aware that this can happen. In your side affects list it states that you have not had a case reported about this happening now you do.”

Jill · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “It works but just make sure you do follow the instructions of how to use this medication it is strong I have not got any side effects from it but everybody is different other than it does leave a cool tingly feeling in my throat a little irritation and this is the first time I use this 1 spray. One time so far I have yet to experience it as days progress but I just bought it today 1 spray I get to have to find out how it works later on with more sprays”

rubenerna January 2, 2011

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “Doctor couldn't diagnose that I had adrenal fatigue and thyroid insufficiency, I developed severe allergies which affected my breathing severely. Was put on albuterol inhalers, which did little, and a specialist told me I have gotten the wrong medication all along. Meanwhile, I used Primatene, which immediately gave me fast results, better then the albuterol. ”

Ms67GTO July 26, 2011

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: “My son was born with multiple life-threatening allergies (1989). EpiPen saved his life numerous times as a child. The good Lord healed these allergies when he was 7 and subsequently didn't need an EpiPen. However, in college, three new allergies surfaced; freshwater fish, seafood, and Latex. At present, an EpiPen is part of his normal everyday attire. He is a Chef and clips it to his trousers for immediate use. He has had to self-inject a number of times. This easy-to-use, life-saving medicater is priceless! My son is alive today because of EpiPens and I HIGHLY endorse it's use. I carry my own EpiPen for bee stings. Fortunately, have not had to use yet! But, I am definitely prepared!”

Latex Allergic October 9, 2008

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: “I carry 2 EpiPens with me at all times, they have saved me more than once. When an anaphylactic reaction strikes I reach for my epipen, inject and within minutes I'm feeling better. I carry 2 in case the first dose is not enough, that has only happened once and the second dose did the trick. Thankful to still be alive. I follow up with benadryl to stop itching hives.”

Anonymous April 20, 2010

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: “I have used this inhaler because it is over the counter and much cheaper than any prescription. It gets the job done, however it tastes horrible and sometimes causes a weird numbness in the throat for a few seconds. Thought it might just be me, but two other people agreed with me.”

PAPA · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2019

EpiPen 2-Pak (epinephrine) for Anaphylaxis: “I have COPD and allergies. I was exposed to AGENT ORANGE in Vietnam in 1970. I've had two experiences with anaphylaxis in the last year. Both times my wife injected me with the drug in the EPI-PEN. This reaction kept me breathing the 1st time, and the ambulance took me to the emergency room. I recovered in the ER, and was released the following day. The 2nd time was far worse. Epi-pen gave me about 5 minutes where I could breathe, but my wife had call 9-1-1, and they arrived quickly. I do not recall the transport, nor the ER treatment. I was out. There were 8 doctors and nurses working on me according to my wife. I came to in intensive care, with 7 or 8 IV devices, and a room full of medical personnel. My wife was asked about a DNR in the emergency room. I was in a bad way. I stayed in ICU for 2 1/2 days, and was released. The doctors and the EMA techs said my wife saved my life by giving me the EPI-PEN injection. It gave me just enough time for medical assistance to arrive.”