User Reviews for Epinephrine

Also known as: EpiPen, Adrenalin, Auvi-Q, EpiPen 2-Pak, Primatene Mist, EpiPen Jr, Symjepi, Adrenaclick, EpiPen Auto-Injector, EpiPen JR 2-Pak, Adrenalin Chloride, EpiPen JR Auto-Injector, EPIsnap

Allergic Reactions

1 review 16 medications
Summary of Epinephrine reviews 8.6 23 reviews

Reviews for Epinephrine

aaaaaaaaaa · Taken for 10 years or more May 20, 2019

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Anaphylaxis: " I don't like the packaging the shape just looks wrong in your pocket??? There are better, cheaper alternatives that don't look like that pocket 24/7."

Hogwild · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "Bought the new Primatene mist, not nearly as good as the old one. You waste half of it spraying it in the air. Just doesn't work for me. Don't waste your money"

JohnnyOnTheSpot · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "So I'm going to leave an actual review and not just lament about having missed Primatene Mist for so long which is what it seems like everyone else is doing. Bought my first inhaler a few days ago and I have to say, very very happy so far! I used primatene Mist for 30 years before it was taken off the market unfairly. This inhaler delivers it differently and instead of it being in a liquid form it is in a powder form. You're not going to get the initial jolt of epinephrine like you used to do but instead after about three or four seconds it kicks in and does its job. It also has a different taste to it. Not unpleasant, just different. All in all though I am very happy with this and will continue to use it. Works a lot better then albuterol ever did. By with confidence fellow wheezers! We finally get some over-the-counter relief again... Thank you primatene people for not giving up and quitting. I for one appreciate it and you greatly!"

Ron · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2019

Symjepi (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: "We have Symjepi on hand for our grandson. Have had reliability issues with the auto ones, and their price and lack of availability."

az10 · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "Recently bought the "new and improved" Primatene Mist inhaler. Don't know yet if it will work like the original. Package indicates 160 metered doses per unit. The instructions say to spray 4 doses into the air before initial use. After that, spray one dose into air before each additional use. Net effect is that over 50% is wasted when dosing instructions are followed. Read the package then contact the manufacturer for explanation of the 50% waste."

AZ1052 January 4, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "Bought the new Primatene mist inhaler for use because I had used the original for years. The included dosing instructions indicate to spray 4 times into the air before initial use. After that a single spray into the air before each follow up spray. Package is rated at 160 metered sprays but according to instructions more that 50% is sprayed into the air. Sounds strange but read the box."

asthmaguy · Taken for 10 years or more July 5, 2018

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "When the government banned Primatene Mist they did a TREMENDOUS dis-service to asthma sufferers all over the United States. To this day there is no other drug that is as effective, as affordable, and as easy to get as Primatene Mist was. Ask any asthma patient how they feel about this.....the answer will always be the same . My asthma was well controlled by Primatene Mist for more than 50 years. Now, since the ban went into effect, for the first time in decades, asthma has once again become a severe problem for me."

Gastroparesis Girl · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 29, 2017

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Anaphylaxis: "This medication was literally a life saver for me. I have had severe allergies to peanuts since I was a child. I mean, where I couldn't even touch peanut m&ms because they had peanuts inside the chocolate shells or sit in a seat at one of those places where you throw peanut shells on the floor or whatever as you eat them. I have had to use my epipen in that situation once (because I didn't want to seem different and I didn't think that just sitting in a seat, which I assumed had been wiped off) would affect me. I have also had to use it visiting my parents when my grandfather was alive because he loved peanuts and I'd sit where he's sat and had to use it again. I always carry two on me at all times."

cosmeaux October 27, 2014

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: "Being allergic to bee stings, EpiPens have saved my life on two different occasions. Without it, I could easily have died from anaphylactic shock."

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 26, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "My experience now is that I'm in the ER every other day because I cannot get Primatene Mist any longer. I've been using this product for over 25 years without one single bad side effect and now 10 times a day I have a breathing attack that lasts over 30 mins or more because I don't have my Primatene and prescribed medicines DO NOT WORK."

Anonymous March 22, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: "My son was born with asthma as was I. When he was 9 years old he had a major asthma attack that sent him into cardiac arrest. ONE puff on a Primatene Mist inhaler saved his life. ALL the prescribed medicines he was taking DID NOTHING FOR HIM. I have been wheezing for 2 months now AND was hospitalized last month for the first time in over 30 years due to my asthma because I couldn't get the Primatene Mist inhaler. "

Anonymous March 22, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "I was born with Asthma had been in and out of hospitals since birth. When I was old enough to use my own judgement on inhalers I decided to try Primatene Mist. I have used it for over 20 years. I only need to use it...maybe...2 times a month...if that. NOTHING the doctors gave me ever worked. Primatene Mist keeps me OUT of the hospital and home with my family. "

dennis12a February 10, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: "I have COPD. I can't use a nebulizer with albuterol because I get severe headaches from it. I have tried five different prescribed inhalers but none worked as well as Primatene. I have used Spiriva and Advair and neither work half as well as Primatene. I sure hope they come out with a new Primatene."

wyvan February 4, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: "I have emphysema/COPD and this works for me when I am getting winded. I tried albuterol but it actually makes me worse. After just 4 days of using albuterol I was waking up at night having trouble breathing. The primatene mist doesn't have the rebound effect that albuterol had. When I learned they were going to stop selling it after Dec 31, 2011 I stocked up. Hopefully what I have will last me until they reformulate it and it's available again. I don't know what I would do without it."

Anonymous November 17, 2011

For Allergic Reactions: "I had a severe allergic reaction to something and was in the ambulance when I was given epinephrine intravenously after Benadryl failed to slow the reaction. The epinephrine hurt as it entered my blood stream; I could trace a burning pins and needles sensation as it traveled up my arm, across my back, and into my head. Then it hit - sudden terrible throbbing headache, my limbs going numb, absolute instant vomiting and involuntary bowel movement. I said "I'm going to die," since it felt like my body was shutting down. My heart rate jumped but my blood pressure dropped like a rock - from 145/95 to 85/50 within thirty seconds. It took several minutes for the pain to subside and the numbness to fade. Did it help? Yes, but I don't think I'll use it again."

Ms67GTO July 26, 2011

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: "My son was born with multiple life-threatening allergies (1989). EpiPen saved his life numerous times as a child. The good Lord healed these allergies when he was 7 and subsequently didn't need an EpiPen. However, in college, three new allergies surfaced; freshwater fish, seafood, and Latex. At present, an EpiPen is part of his normal everyday attire. He is a Chef and clips it to his trousers for immediate use. He has had to self-inject a number of times. This easy-to-use, life-saving medicater is priceless! My son is alive today because of EpiPens and I HIGHLY endorse it's use. I carry my own EpiPen for bee stings. Fortunately, have not had to use yet! But, I am definitely prepared!"

LikesToBreathe May 11, 2011

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "I've been prescribed everything under the sun for my asthma. Nothing is as effective as Primatine Mist. I only use an inhaler when I need them; usually 2-3 times a week, depending on the season or athletic activity. One puff of Primatine Mist will last me all day, whereas the other inhalers I've tried (Proventil, Albuterol, Advair, Azmacort, etc.) haven't provided as long-lasting effects. I'm really upset and disappointed that the Federal Govt is making Primatine Mist unavailable after this year, because it uses a CFC-type spray. I really hope the alternative HFA is as effective as the CFC. We will be saving the Ozone, but we won't be able to breathe that CFC-free air!"

rubenerna January 2, 2011

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "Doctor couldn't diagnose that I had adrenal fatigue and thyroid insufficiency, I developed severe allergies which affected my breathing severely. Was put on albuterol inhalers, which did little, and a specialist told me I have gotten the wrong medication all along. Meanwhile, I used Primatene, which immediately gave me fast results, better then the albuterol. "

Anonymous April 20, 2010

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "I have used this inhaler because it is over the counter and much cheaper than any prescription. It gets the job done, however it tastes horrible and sometimes causes a weird numbness in the throat for a few seconds. Thought it might just be me, but two other people agreed with me."

Anonymous January 12, 2010

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: "I have used this for years and it has provided much quick relief. It far surpassed other "prescribed" asthma inhalers I have used."

draykp October 3, 2009

For AV Heart Block: "This medicine is way outdated. There are a lot of newer treatments on the prevention of asthma, without all the side effects that asthmanefrin had."

Latex Allergic October 9, 2008

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: "I carry 2 EpiPens with me at all times, they have saved me more than once. When an anaphylactic reaction strikes I reach for my epipen, inject and within minutes I'm feeling better. I carry 2 in case the first dose is not enough, that has only happened once and the second dose did the trick. Thankful to still be alive. I follow up with benadryl to stop itching hives."

snorkelnose September 18, 2008

For Asthma, acute: "Great information. I know what we will be looking for now."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)