User Reviews for Epinephrine to treat Asthma, acute

Also known as: EpiPen, Adrenalin, Auvi-Q, EpiPen 2-Pak, Primatene Mist, EpiPen Auto-Injector, Adrenaclick, EpiPen JR 2-Pak, EpiPen Jr, Symjepi, Adrenalin Chloride EpiPen JR Auto-Injector EPIsnap …show all brand names

Epinephrine has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, acute. 59% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Epinephrine Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Epinephrine

JohnnyOnTheSpot · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “So I'm going to leave an actual review and not just lament about having missed Primatene Mist for so long which is what it seems like everyone else is doing. Bought my first inhaler a few days ago and I have to say, very very happy so far! I used primatene Mist for 30 years before it was taken off the market unfairly. This inhaler delivers it differently and instead of it being in a liquid form it is in a powder form. You're not going to get the initial jolt of epinephrine like you used to do but instead after about three or four seconds it kicks in and does its job. It also has a different taste to it. Not unpleasant, just different. All in all though I am very happy with this and will continue to use it. Works a lot better then albuterol ever did. By with confidence fellow wheezers! We finally get some over-the-counter relief again... Thank you primatene people for not giving up and quitting. I for one appreciate it and you greatly!”

Howard March 2, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “You can imagine to my surprise, this morning at like 4 am, suffering over here I did a google search, I thought surely they have an otc inhaler by now! My eyes got pretty big when I saw it was BACK! I had been wheezing and miserable all night. Throat so sore from coughing up phlegm, trying to get it to come out of your lungs. I wasted no time. Here is what I can tell you for sure. It is the primetime mist you remember; I am positive of that. Once again, within 4- 6 seconds, I was free to breathe freely. It opens you fully up. If I were a boy, still, I would run. Currently, I am sitting here writing this review, smiling, breathing again instead. Thanks, Primatene Mist. Glad it's back. Frankly, I can't tell any difference. It's the same quality and effectiveness I remember. One caveat my wife pointed out and that it's twice as expensive as it used to be, but let's get real here. If you're a fish out of the water and you can't breathe, who cares. I am satisfied. ITS BACK FOLKS.”

az10 · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Recently bought the "new and improved" Primatene Mist inhaler. Don't know yet if it will work like the original. Package indicates 160 metered doses per unit. The instructions say to spray 4 doses into the air before initial use. After that, spray one dose into air before each additional use. Net effect is that over 50% is wasted when dosing instructions are followed. Read the package then contact the manufacturer for explanation of the 50% waste.”

Nomore wheezin · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I read that the old primatene must was taken off market because one of the ingredients was harmful to the ozone. I have had asthma all my life and always used primatene mist. I didn't like the taste or the instant jolt to your heart but it helped me to stop wheezing and to breathe better. When it was taken away from the stores, I suffered because I didn't have insurance to see a doctor for a prescription. When I did get insurance, I was given albuterol and a steroid inhaler which helped but I still wheezed at times. I bought one of the new primatine mist inhalers a few days ago and I am so pleased to say it works great and completely stops the annoying wheezes.”

M.Me July 4, 2021

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Huge fan of original Primatene mist. Figured I'd try the new one, as I'm not thrilled with Ventalin, Proair, Albuteral, ...whatever. The instructions are freaking weird!! I finally took a shot. I choked and coughed myself into a serious attack. I wanted it to be good, but I'm sorry...it sucks! It's the only over the counter inhaler...and that's criminal. I have great insurance and still run out of my inhalers on occasion. Someone can do better than this. A few people said they like it. Go for it if its your only option...you never know till you try. I returned mine, and told cashier, "if I was in serious trouble when I came in, that would have put me in an ambulance". As if she understood!?”

asthmaguy · Taken for 10 years or more July 5, 2018

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “When the government banned Primatene Mist they did a TREMENDOUS dis-service to asthma sufferers all over the United States. To this day there is no other drug that is as effective, as affordable, and as easy to get as Primatene Mist was. Ask any asthma patient how they feel about this.....the answer will always be the same . My asthma was well controlled by Primatene Mist for more than 50 years. Now, since the ban went into effect, for the first time in decades, asthma has once again become a severe problem for me.”

Bosslady · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I'm not completely sure as to why the original Primatene Mist inhaler was taken from the market, but I'm very "sick" that it was. I was born with asthma, and ever since 5 years old I'd been using the inexpensive original Primatene Mist inhaler. It worked so much better than any other medication (otc or prescibed) on the market. This new Primatene Mist inhaler is trash. It's costly and you're not getting the entire dose displayed on the counter, because if used as directed, then you're spraying about half in the air. Please, please go back to the drawing board and bring back the original ingredients of the Primatene Mist inhaler.”

Stormi · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Last night was the first night I didn't wake up coughing, wheezing, and choking from not being able to breath. When I first take the inhaler, I do experience a little weird throat irritation. It's gone within a few minutes and then I'm fine.”

Weezer · Taken for 10 years or more October 24, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I rate the old primatene mist at a ten. The new one does little to nothing for me. I’ve had asthma all my life and like many others I have used everything in the prescription market with no where’s near the success of the original Primatene which I used for 30 or 40 years the prescription albuterol sulfate inhaler’s hook you and make you need more and more to stop your asthmatic issues then eventually they quit working. I have seen this happen to asthma sufferers and I'm sure I will suffer the same fate The government and doctors all about money they don’t care if we can breathe or not”

AZ1052 January 4, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Bought the new Primatene mist inhaler for use because I had used the original for years. The included dosing instructions indicate to spray 4 times into the air before initial use. After that a single spray into the air before each follow up spray. Package is rated at 160 metered sprays but according to instructions more that 50% is sprayed into the air. Sounds strange but read the box.”

cj · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “used Primatene mist only 1 time and I went into shock, body numb all over, could not breath hardly. I went to doctor that day and was told this INHALER never SHOULD HAVE be sold over the counter. EPINEPHRINE IS to strong. He would never order this for patients. Lucky for me I had only taken 1 dose. However it took me days to get all of this out of my system I felt awful and weak for days. Never take anything over the counter for asthmas of anything like that, see a doctor first. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 26, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “My experience now is that I'm in the ER every other day because I cannot get Primatene Mist any longer. I've been using this product for over 25 years without one single bad side effect and now 10 times a day I have a breathing attack that lasts over 30 mins or more because I don't have my Primatene and prescribed medicines DO NOT WORK.”

Tony · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I've been on prescription corticosteroids and Albuterol for my asthma and I'm still getting up in the middle of the night with my lungs making noise like a balloon being deflated and a deep gurgle in the lower lung.So I use Primatene mist that clears it up better. Eventually I'm probably going to have to use an injection.”

Anonymous March 22, 2012

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I was born with Asthma had been in and out of hospitals since birth. When I was old enough to use my own judgement on inhalers I decided to try Primatene Mist. I have used it for over 20 years. I only need to use it...maybe...2 times a month...if that. NOTHING the doctors gave me ever worked. Primatene Mist keeps me OUT of the hospital and home with my family. ”

LikesToBreathe May 11, 2011

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I've been prescribed everything under the sun for my asthma. Nothing is as effective as Primatine Mist. I only use an inhaler when I need them; usually 2-3 times a week, depending on the season or athletic activity. One puff of Primatine Mist will last me all day, whereas the other inhalers I've tried (Proventil, Albuterol, Advair, Azmacort, etc.) haven't provided as long-lasting effects. I'm really upset and disappointed that the Federal Govt is making Primatine Mist unavailable after this year, because it uses a CFC-type spray. I really hope the alternative HFA is as effective as the CFC. We will be saving the Ozone, but we won't be able to breathe that CFC-free air!”

Westernmeds · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2021

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I've had asthma pretty much my whole life. I didn't have a rescue inhaler and figured I would give this a try. Big mistake! I wish I didn't take it. Within minutes my throat was burning and it made mild symptoms worse and my chest felt congested. I will be returning back to the store. Don't play with my life.”

Jill · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “It works but just make sure you do follow the instructions of how to use this medication it is strong I have not got any side effects from it but everybody is different other than it does leave a cool tingly feeling in my throat a little irritation and this is the first time I use this 1 spray. One time so far I have yet to experience it as days progress but I just bought it today 1 spray I get to have to find out how it works later on with more sprays”

rubenerna January 2, 2011

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Doctor couldn't diagnose that I had adrenal fatigue and thyroid insufficiency, I developed severe allergies which affected my breathing severely. Was put on albuterol inhalers, which did little, and a specialist told me I have gotten the wrong medication all along. Meanwhile, I used Primatene, which immediately gave me fast results, better then the albuterol. ”

Anonymous April 20, 2010

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I have used this inhaler because it is over the counter and much cheaper than any prescription. It gets the job done, however it tastes horrible and sometimes causes a weird numbness in the throat for a few seconds. Thought it might just be me, but two other people agreed with me.”

Lilly · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I have run out of albuterol, I thought I'd give this a go. Big mistake. Not only did it not help but it caused an awful burning sensation in my airways. I will never use this again.”

Linguine · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Only used the Primatene Mist thing twice. Both times made my symptoms worse, made my throat burn, and made me go into coughing fits. I don’t recommend this product at all.”

Hogwild · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2019

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Bought the new Primatene mist, not nearly as good as the old one. You waste half of it spraying it in the air. Just doesn't work for me. Don't waste your money”

lemonshark44 May 29, 2020

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “Used Primatene Mist for a little less than a month to alleviate symptoms of asthma for running. This product not only didn't help, but could occasionally make my symptoms worse.”

Anonymous January 12, 2010

Primatene Mist (epinephrine): “I have used this for years and it has provided much quick relief. It far surpassed other "prescribed" asthma inhalers I have used.”

snorkelnose September 18, 2008

“Great information. I know what we will be looking for now.”