User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 886 medications

Vertigo 4 reviews 29 medications

6.6
Summary of Phenergan reviews 82 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Phenergan

For Nausea/Vomiting "Works GREAT getting rid of the nausea I have from taking Fentanyl and Oxicodone."

Drew1204 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Safest, cheapest, anti histamine (it's main function) works very well. It's a good medication for motion sickness. I use injectables and tabs. Seek advice before using any medication."

Max4444 August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "On 3/23/17 I test positive for stomach flu. Phenergan didn't touch the nausea."

JOANIE55 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Has anyone experienced sadness after starting to take this drug. I am on 25mg for a few days and feel that it has helped with the nausea a little bit with the anxiety but it has made me sleep all day and feel sad. I normally have trouble getting onto strong meds such as anti depressants but I don't know if this is a case of this or something else. I am scared of becoming depressed."

Yanks950 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I do not know what I would do without promethazine! It helps a lot with my nausea which is very severe every day… It does not take it all away, I know… But it does help me enough I have been using this medicine for 11 years via IV centreline"

Momma1967 February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation "Hated it. Sure enough I slept straight through for 8 hours but I experienced attacks of vertigo for 2 days afterwards. Never again"

Nath W January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was suffering with nausea caused by panic disorder, anxiety, and depression, my physician prescribed me zofran at first, but I did not like the side effect of major constipation. Thus I told my doctor "is there any other MEDs for nausea", he prescribed me phenergan and it's a miracle drug. My nausea is now barely present."

Jose12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed phenergan after having my wisdom teeth removed. When I got home, I immediately fell asleep (still under the influence of the anesthesia). Upon waking and attempting to stand, I began to heave and vomit profusely, but after laying back down and taking phenergan, my symptoms were gone nearly instantly. Would definitely recommend; phenergan was an important part of my recovery!"

AmeKaye June 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Reactions "My son was given a one-time dose of 25mg of this drug intravenously for nausea in hospital, while on iv drips which included nitroglycerin, blood pressure medications, and pain opiates. He had a *severe* reaction, which included extremely high bp spikes (over 200 systolic), seizures, disorientation and hallucinations. The blood pressure spikes and seizures were extremely dangerous, as he had just suffered aortic dissection. It was fortunate that this drug reaction was not fatal. This drug should have a huge warning against usage with blood pressure meds, as that is a potentially fatal combination. The pharmacy should reject any request to use this drug in such a combination."

DontUseWithBPMeds (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Motion Sickness "Hallucinations, nausea, irritability and exhausted"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was diagnosed with H Pylori and I was throwing up and nauseated every day for an entire month finally I was hospitalized and they gave me phenergran and God Bless the person who created this drug. Even now when I feel the slightest bit of nausea I take it and it'll knock me out and wake up feeling great"

Anonymous November 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "All opiates make me sick so I have to take promethazine with them. Also the only thing that stopped my morning sickness."

Honeybee36 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I tried this medicine a day after I vomited three times and had that nausea feeling and that next day I vomited once in the morning but when I went to the medical centre they gave me the prescription for phenergan. I fell asleep instantly for two hours and a half and woke up refreshed and my stomach did not hurt for the rest of the day and I didn't vomit ever since. It's the best medicine for nausea and vomiting."

S.laz September 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "It worked to help me sleep every time I tried except once. Also is great if you are sick to your stomach. I have never used it for allergies, but I want to. Try it if your Doctor lets you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation "I was prescribed this for my 6 yr old daughter to help her sleep. I've only been using it a couple of nights but it doesn't seem to be working. I am giving her the 3x5ml dose and giving her it at 6pm and up to now she is still not going to sleep before 11pm. Am I not giving her enough or not giving it enough time to work? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks"

Ghand79 August 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation "took one 25mg to help me sleep however the next day I felt awful like id been drugged just couldn't wake up this lasted all day.i wont be taking them again .my wife on the other hand takes them every night with no problems"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Reactions "I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sedation "I have no problem falling asleep, but wake in the night and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. I take one half tablet 12.5 mg of Phenergen and even if my sleep is disturbed I fall back to sleep easily, and wake up refreshed."

Jamwock (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have ulcerative colitis with nausea everyday. I take 1 10mg tablet in the morning and within an hour the nausea has disappeared. It's a miracle!"

Anonnn February 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Adjunct "Was prescribed Phenergan with opioids after highly invasive complex oral surgery. Slept for a week & did not care if my mouth hurt. Best stuff ever."

Chicken67 January 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Used it after my appendicitis and it worked wonderfully."

Anonymous October 30, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Light Sedation "Beautiful sleep every night"

tashyxtash31 October 25, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have used this medication many times for nausea. It always helps quickly and completely. The only reason it does not get a perfect score is that it knocks me out! I'll be groggy for the rest of the day even with only one dose."

Mommasick June 20, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting ""Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you." whoever came up with this, you are a hero. Best medicine for nausea."

ANON4579 May 21, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "Excellent medicine."

Buster22 April 9, 2014