User Reviews for Phenergan

Sedation
6.4

Summary of Phenergan reviews 8.2 90 reviews

Reviews for Phenergan

For Light Sedation "I use whenever I want to ensure a good night's, uninterrupted, non-fitful sleep. Seems to work every time. A relative, and a neighbour I know, have similar success."

Jack (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2019

For Urticaria "Chronic Hives - 25mg works well after desloratidine ceased working for me. Side effects of sedation, lethargy, falling asleep very quickly (sometimes inappropriately), dry eyes & mouth. (If I was working and not retired, the side effects may not have been manageable)"

Yarbdor December 9, 2018

For Sedation "I took 3x 25mg Phenergan too help me sleep the next morning I woke up covered in bumps & bruises apparently I had a grand Mal seizure through the night I haven't had a fit in 9 yrs. The chemist failed to tell me this drug can bring on seizures. Just want other people to know about this as I was unaware... Thanks"

Shygirl84 December 8, 2018

For Sedation "Has anyone had weight gain with Phenergen 25mg? I've put on 5 kilos quickly since using this & another drug, Valdoxen. Valdoxen helps which your melatonin receptors, is also an antidepressant, & says you do not put weight on. Not sure which one it is! Phenergen does say it can cause weight gain, esp in females, but they are not sure why. Though they state it's thought it can make you hungry thus you eat more. This isn't the case for me. I've been eating & exercising normally so something is going on. It's fabulous for sleep though, I finally get a great sleep. Confused!!"

Kelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Light Sedation "I've had trouble sleeping and waking up all night for years tried every natural sleep aid and none work . I won't ever try prescription sleeping pills. I was told about these otc med and they really help. I'm sleeping for longer and not waking . There has been no side effects, so so far so good"

D j (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Sedation "I have restarted taking 3 months ago, after coming off amitriptyline cold turkey. These are more suited as you can take most cold and flu medication without issues, which was always a issue. The tablets take effect quickly (1.5 hours) first started on 50mg per night now down to 30mg due to tablets now making me more sleepy during the day time than before. I would recommend these to any anxiety or insomnia suffer as they do not have neuro side effects like other sleepers."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting "Received Phenergan (IV) in the hospital for nausea and vomiting. Did not have any history of hypertension, but my blood pressure spiked after 3 doses of phenergan. I am now on a beta blocker, and have not been able to have my BP return to normal since being discharged. Just really a strange situation. Historically, I have not been on any medications."

LizBethLiz November 2, 2017

For Opiate Adjunct "Been taking promethazine 10mg for years now to get rid of motion sickness. I can’t travel on public transport. But Then I noticed after running out of my prescription that there was 25mg Phenergan you could buy at the chemist with 56 tablets. So I saw you could take them to help you sleep so I started taking them with my zoplicone sleeping tablets which didn’t really work (shouldn't be taken together). The usual dose for sleeping in 25mg to 50mg night but I have been taking more than that (which is dangereous) . Some advice would be very much appreciated"

Nicky j jones (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 20, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "Works GREAT getting rid of the nausea I have from taking Fentanyl and Oxicodone."

Drew1204 August 9, 2017

For Motion Sickness "Safest, cheapest, anti histamine (it's main function) works very well. It's a good medication for motion sickness. I use injectables and tabs. Seek advice before using any medication."

Max4444 August 4, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "On 3/23/17 I test positive for stomach flu. Phenergan didn't touch the nausea."

JOANIE55 March 24, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "Has anyone experienced sadness after starting to take this drug. I am on 25mg for a few days and feel that it has helped with the nausea a little bit with the anxiety but it has made me sleep all day and feel sad. I normally have trouble getting onto strong meds such as anti depressants but I don't know if this is a case of this or something else. I am scared of becoming depressed."

Yanks950 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I do not know what I would do without promethazine! It helps a lot with my nausea which is very severe every day… It does not take it all away, I know… But it does help me enough I have been using this medicine for 11 years via IV centreline"

Momma1967 February 15, 2017

For Sedation "Hated it. Sure enough I slept straight through for 8 hours but I experienced attacks of vertigo for 2 days afterwards. Never again"

Nath W January 28, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was suffering with nausea caused by panic disorder, anxiety, and depression, my physician prescribed me zofran at first, but I did not like the side effect of major constipation. Thus I told my doctor "is there any other MEDs for nausea", he prescribed me phenergan and it's a miracle drug. My nausea is now barely present."

Jose12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed phenergan after having my wisdom teeth removed. When I got home, I immediately fell asleep (still under the influence of the anesthesia). Upon waking and attempting to stand, I began to heave and vomit profusely, but after laying back down and taking phenergan, my symptoms were gone nearly instantly. Would definitely recommend; phenergan was an important part of my recovery!"

AmeKaye June 3, 2016

For Allergic Reactions "My son was given a one-time dose of 25mg of this drug intravenously for nausea in hospital, while on iv drips which included nitroglycerin, blood pressure medications, and pain opiates. He had a *severe* reaction, which included extremely high bp spikes (over 200 systolic), seizures, disorientation and hallucinations. The blood pressure spikes and seizures were extremely dangerous, as he had just suffered aortic dissection. It was fortunate that this drug reaction was not fatal. This drug should have a huge warning against usage with blood pressure meds, as that is a potentially fatal combination. The pharmacy should reject any request to use this drug in such a combination."

DontUseWithBPMeds (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For Motion Sickness "Hallucinations, nausea, irritability and exhausted"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was diagnosed with H Pylori and I was throwing up and nauseated every day for an entire month finally I was hospitalized and they gave me phenergran and God Bless the person who created this drug. Even now when I feel the slightest bit of nausea I take it and it'll knock me out and wake up feeling great"

Anonymous November 4, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "All opiates make me sick so I have to take promethazine with them. Also the only thing that stopped my morning sickness."

Honeybee36 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I tried this medicine a day after I vomited three times and had that nausea feeling and that next day I vomited once in the morning but when I went to the medical centre they gave me the prescription for phenergan. I fell asleep instantly for two hours and a half and woke up refreshed and my stomach did not hurt for the rest of the day and I didn't vomit ever since. It's the best medicine for nausea and vomiting."

S.laz September 24, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "It worked to help me sleep every time I tried except once. Also is great if you are sick to your stomach. I have never used it for allergies, but I want to. Try it if your Doctor lets you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For Sedation "I was prescribed this for my 6 yr old daughter to help her sleep. I've only been using it a couple of nights but it doesn't seem to be working. I am giving her the 3x5ml dose and giving her it at 6pm and up to now she is still not going to sleep before 11pm. Am I not giving her enough or not giving it enough time to work? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks"

Ghand79 August 28, 2015

For Sedation "took one 25mg to help me sleep however the next day I felt awful like id been drugged just couldn't wake up this lasted all day.i wont be taking them again .my wife on the other hand takes them every night with no problems"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

For Allergic Reactions "I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015