User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Phenergan Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 210 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Phenergan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

"I was suffering with nausea caused by panic disorder, anxiety, and depression, my physician prescribed me zofran at first, but I did not like the side effect of major constipation. Thus I told my doctor "is there any other MEDs for nausea", he prescribed me phenergan and it's a miracle drug. My nausea is now barely present."

Jose12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

"I was prescribed phenergan after having my wisdom teeth removed. When I got home, I immediately fell asleep (still under the influence of the anesthesia). Upon waking and attempting to stand, I began to heave and vomit profusely, but after laying back down and taking phenergan, my symptoms were gone nearly instantly. Would definitely recommend; phenergan was an important part of my recovery!"

AmeKaye June 3, 2016

"I was diagnosed with H Pylori and I was throwing up and nauseated every day for an entire month finally I was hospitalized and they gave me phenergran and God Bless the person who created this drug. Even now when I feel the slightest bit of nausea I take it and it'll knock me out and wake up feeling great"

Anonymous November 4, 2015

"All opiates make me sick so I have to take promethazine with them. Also the only thing that stopped my morning sickness."

Honeybee36 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2015

"I tried this medicine a day after I vomited three times and had that nausea feeling and that next day I vomited once in the morning but when I went to the medical centre they gave me the prescription for phenergan. I fell asleep instantly for two hours and a half and woke up refreshed and my stomach did not hurt for the rest of the day and I didn't vomit ever since. It's the best medicine for nausea and vomiting."

S.laz September 24, 2015

"I have ulcerative colitis with nausea everyday. I take 1 10mg tablet in the morning and within an hour the nausea has disappeared. It's a miracle!"

Anonnn February 9, 2015

"Used it after my appendicitis and it worked wonderfully."

Anonymous October 30, 2014

"I have used this medication many times for nausea. It always helps quickly and completely. The only reason it does not get a perfect score is that it knocks me out! I'll be groggy for the rest of the day even with only one dose."

Mommasick June 20, 2014

""Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you." whoever came up with this, you are a hero. Best medicine for nausea."

ANON4579 May 21, 2014

"Excellent medicine."

Buster22 April 9, 2014

"I'm going through chemo (Taxol and Carboplatin) for ovarian cancer and Phenergan is great. I sometimes also take Zofran with it because they affect two totally different receptors causing the nausea and both together usually stops the ever present nausea."

Robinowitz September 14, 2013

"Dosage had to be increased to highest. 75 mg every 4-6 hours."

broken Wyng (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2013

"It took care of the nausea but the hallucinations that came with it were a very unwelcome side effect. "

Kev S May 20, 2013

"I have chronic pancreatitis and often have persistent nausea and vomiting. I have tried Zofran and a couple of other medications for this but none are as effective as Phenergan. Whether orally or I.V., it takes away the nausea. I have a GJ tube for enteral nutrition. Vomiting can cause the tube to twist and slide out of place so it's imperative to keep it under control. Phenergan does that for me. It also helps with the side effects from the painkillers I must take every day (oxycodone and Dilaudid). I don't know where I would be without it. Phenergan may be old school but it works for me better than any newer medicine."

LauraLab1 May 13, 2013

"Woke up with dizziness and terrible nausea. After 5 hours of dry heaving, went to doctor. One injection and nausea gone almost immediately. Slept for 3 hours, then ate dry bagel, chicken soup without any problems. Next day, eating normally but feel tired and a little "under the weather"."

n8xwb April 10, 2013

"Used it my whole pregnancy!"

Raii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2013

"I have chronic pancreatitis and have severe nausea almost every day. My doctor tried many different medicines for nausea and vomiting over the 8 years I've been sick. Several years ago I tried Phenergen and had a severe allergic reaction. I later learned is called a tonic reaction."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2012

"This has been my life saver medicine."

Anonymous August 23, 2012

"I have been using Phenergan to treat nausea for years. I have frequent and severe nausea associated with abdominal pain. It has been over three years and I am yet to get a diagnosis. I am grateful for this medicine. It is the only thing that stops the nausea. I would be crazy without this medicine! I was given Phenergan in the ER after I had a bad reaction to Zofran. It worked so well I asked the Doctor to send me home with a prescription for it. At my last ER visit they told me they were out of Phenergan and that it was in short supply. I was given Bentyl instead. That also gave me a bad reaction. I do without nausea medicine in the hospital if they do not have Phenergan."

Littlmystri March 30, 2012

"My wife has taken this medicine in pill form to combat nausea due to chemo, with no adverse side effects. Last week she was given a dose via her central line. She became psychotic and combative. Phenergan via IV was not good for her. Zofran is an excellent alternative."

Anonymous February 11, 2012

"I had gall bladder surgery and got narcotics for pain afterwards. No matter what pain killer I got, they made me vomit even at half the dose. Ondansetron (Zofran) helped some but not fully. Once I got my first dose of Phenergan my nausea was completely gone. It made me very sleepy but I was very happy about. This was the best anti-nausea medication that I ever had!"

Szabina November 28, 2011

"This medicine helped my nausea, but made me to tired to function properly. It would be great if you have nausea at night time."

myiysis June 1, 2011

"I too have Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. This medicine has helped me so much."

Anonymous March 21, 2011

"I take this for the severe cramps I get once a month. It works wonders. The pain is gone within 30 minutes of taking it."

Anonymous March 9, 2011

"Excellent. The only thing that has ever worked for my nausea or vomiting. My last trip to the hospital for horrible stomach pain and nausea, the nurse said that the hospital stopped carrying it because it has such bad side effects. They kept trying to give me Zofran and Compazine, but it did nothing and I left the way I came in. Phenergan is a life saver."

Anonymous January 9, 2011