User Reviews for EpiPen

EpiPen has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 80% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 20% reported a negative experience.

Allergic Reactions
10.0
Anaphylaxis
5.5
Summary of EpiPen reviews 8.2 7 reviews

Bj · March 13, 2020

For Allergic Reactions "I was accidentally stuck by an Epipen and was diagnosed with Diabetes 3 weeks later. l am not a EpiPen user and was unaware that it could cause diabetes until now. This happen to me 3 years ago please make your users aware that this can happen. In your side affects list it states that you have not had a case reported about this happening now you do."

Latex Allergic · October 9, 2008

For Allergic Reactions "I carry 2 EpiPens with me at all times, they have saved me more than once. When an anaphylactic reaction strikes I reach for my epipen, inject and within minutes I'm feeling better. I carry 2 in case the first dose is not enough, that has only happened once and the second dose did the trick. Thankful to still be alive. I follow up with benadryl to stop itching hives."

Ms67GTO · July 26, 2011

For Allergic Reactions "My son was born with multiple life-threatening allergies (1989). EpiPen saved his life numerous times as a child. The good Lord healed these allergies when he was 7 and subsequently didn't need an EpiPen. However, in college, three new allergies surfaced; freshwater fish, seafood, and Latex. At present, an EpiPen is part of his normal everyday attire. He is a Chef and clips it to his trousers for immediate use. He has had to self-inject a number of times. This easy-to-use, life-saving medicater is priceless! My son is alive today because of EpiPens and I HIGHLY endorse it's use. I carry my own EpiPen for bee stings. Fortunately, have not had to use yet! But, I am definitely prepared!"

Gastroparesis Girl · Taken for 5 to 10 years · October 29, 2017

For Anaphylaxis "This medication was literally a life saver for me. I have had severe allergies to peanuts since I was a child. I mean, where I couldn't even touch peanut m&ms because they had peanuts inside the chocolate shells or sit in a seat at one of those places where you throw peanut shells on the floor or whatever as you eat them. I have had to use my epipen in that situation once (because I didn't want to seem different and I didn't think that just sitting in a seat, which I assumed had been wiped off) would affect me. I have also had to use it visiting my parents when my grandfather was alive because he loved peanuts and I'd sit where he's sat and had to use it again. I always carry two on me at all times."

Mom · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 8, 2021

For Anaphylaxis "Thank goodness I haven't used this, but I prefer carrying this brand to the generic because it has a simple way to use it (one cap) and a practice model so I know that I, my child, and whoever is taking care of them knows how to use it properly."

cosmeaux · October 27, 2014

For Allergic Reactions "Being allergic to bee stings, EpiPens have saved my life on two different occasions. Without it, I could easily have died from anaphylactic shock."

aaaaaaaaaa · Taken for 10 years or more · May 20, 2019

For Anaphylaxis " I don't like the packaging the shape just looks wrong in your pocket??? There are better, cheaper alternatives that don't look like that pocket 24/7."