User Reviews for Primatene Mist

Learn more about Primatene Mist.

Asthma, acute 6 reviews 160 medications

9.5
Summary of Primatene Mist reviews 6 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Primatene Mist

For Asthma, acute "My experience now is that I'm in the ER every other day because I cannot get Primatene Mist any longer. I've been using this product for over 25 years without one single bad side effect and now 10 times a day I have a breathing attack that lasts over 30 mins or more because I don't have my Primatene and prescribed medicines DO NOT WORK."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 26, 2012

For COPD, Acute "My son was born with asthma as was I. When he was 9 years old he had a major asthma attack that sent him into cardiac arrest. ONE puff on a Primatene Mist inhaler saved his life. ALL the prescribed medicines he was taking DID NOTHING FOR HIM. I have been wheezing for 2 months now AND was hospitalized last month for the first time in over 30 years due to my asthma because I couldn't get the Primatene Mist inhaler. "

Anonymous March 22, 2012

For Asthma, acute "I was born with Asthma had been in and out of hospitals since birth. When I was old enough to use my own judgement on inhalers I decided to try Primatene Mist. I have used it for over 20 years. I only need to use it...maybe...2 times a month...if that. NOTHING the doctors gave me ever worked. Primatene Mist keeps me OUT of the hospital and home with my family. "

Anonymous March 22, 2012

For COPD, Acute "I have COPD. I can't use a nebulizer with albuterol because I get severe headaches from it. I have tried five different prescribed inhalers but none worked as well as Primatene. I have used Spiriva and Advair and neither work half as well as Primatene. I sure hope they come out with a new Primatene."

dennis12a February 10, 2012

For COPD, Acute "I have emphysema/COPD and this works for me when I am getting winded. I tried albuterol but it actually makes me worse. After just 4 days of using albuterol I was waking up at night having trouble breathing. The primatene mist doesn't have the rebound effect that albuterol had. When I learned they were going to stop selling it after Dec 31, 2011 I stocked up. Hopefully what I have will last me until they reformulate it and it's available again. I don't know what I would do without it."

wyvan February 4, 2012

For Asthma, acute "I've been prescribed everything under the sun for my asthma. Nothing is as effective as Primatine Mist. I only use an inhaler when I need them; usually 2-3 times a week, depending on the season or athletic activity. One puff of Primatine Mist will last me all day, whereas the other inhalers I've tried (Proventil, Albuterol, Advair, Azmacort, etc.) haven't provided as long-lasting effects. I'm really upset and disappointed that the Federal Govt is making Primatine Mist unavailable after this year, because it uses a CFC-type spray. I really hope the alternative HFA is as effective as the CFC. We will be saving the Ozone, but we won't be able to breathe that CFC-free air!"

LikesToBreathe May 11, 2011

For Asthma, acute "Doctor couldn't diagnose that I had adrenal fatigue and thyroid insufficiency, I developed severe allergies which affected my breathing severely. Was put on albuterol inhalers, which did little, and a specialist told me I have gotten the wrong medication all along. Meanwhile, I used Primatene, which immediately gave me fast results, better then the albuterol. "

rubenerna January 2, 2011

For Asthma, acute "I have used this inhaler because it is over the counter and much cheaper than any prescription. It gets the job done, however it tastes horrible and sometimes causes a weird numbness in the throat for a few seconds. Thought it might just be me, but two other people agreed with me."

Anonymous April 20, 2010

For Asthma, acute "I have used this for years and it has provided much quick relief. It far surpassed other "prescribed" asthma inhalers I have used."

Anonymous January 12, 2010