User Reviews for Methylprednisolone systemic

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Predacorten, Solu-Medrol …show all brand names

Asthma, Maintenance

5.5

Ulcerative Colitis, ActiveNot rated - Be the first1 review 29 medications
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 7.4 256 reviews

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Osteoarthritis: "43 year old black female 5"4, 138 lbs. Just completed 6 day pack to treat inflammation c6 nerve. Helped subside sharp pain in left arm/shoulder. Just tingliness. Couldn't sleep. Now have severe heartburn, nausea and headache."

GERD, Insomnia & Headaches November 8, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Got the injection in gluteus Maximus on Tuesday, Oct 30, 2018... immediately felt like I could breathe better. Next day had really bad jitters, flushing in my face and unable to sleep. After that started having pain in my neck and arm on left side, stomach felt like it was tight and going to burst... 5 days later still feeling very jittery/shaky on the inside and very tired... will NEVER be getting this again... hopefully the side effects subside"

Britt (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Neuralgia: "Midway thru I started having blurry vision, when I finished the course I still have the vision problem. Now I am being told to go to eye Dr. to have my eyes checked. The FDA said I shouldn't be having this problem on a short course only with one pack (21 pills). Now I am worried, will this cause me to have damage to my eyes. If I knew this I would have never taken this damn stuff"

CHUCKIE (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a severe sinus infection and deviated septum that made my whole face swell up. I’ve never had any problems with medications my whole life until this bad boy. I’ve only slept an hour of two a night (even after I discontinued it) and my stomach hurts so bad at night, I've almost driven myself back up to the hospital twice. The side effects are NOT WORTH THE RESULTS. Also severe constipation and mood swings out the cazoo"

Sky (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been on the 6 day dose package of Medrol for asthma on & off for many years. I discovered that it also helps the inflammation in my joints. I go from having to use inhalers & a neubulizer albuterol machine for my asthma to completely normal. It helps my arthritic knees and gives me energy. I can't take cortisone shots in my knees but every 3 months. The doctor doesn't like to give me Medrol often either, because it can cause your sugar to run high (I'm Type II Diabetic) and it can cause you to gain weight. The weight gain is not so evident, but my blood sugar does run higher. That's the only bad side to this medication. Otherwise, I would love to take it ALL the time. I sleep better and I feel more myself. My neck was also hurting me before I started taking it two days ago. Hope this helps someone!"

atpoem2003 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I feel like this drug is a miracle drug. I know it's not good for long term use but the 6 day pack of 4 mg tablets makes me feel like a new person almost immediately. I have been taking it after shoulder surgery because I have had a lot of pain in my hand and inflammation. This is the third time I have taken the six day dosage since surgery 8 weeks ago but it relieves my pain really well for about 2 weeks. I have not noticed any side effects. I'm not sure if it affects my sleep because I have not been sleeping much because of shoulder pain anyway. I wish it was a more permanent fix but it's great for temporary relief while the shoulder heals and allows me to work on my physical therapy exercises more and use my hand more."

KC October 4, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Inflammation all over my body, Multiple UTI, swelling mouth & tongue, 2 disk issues, in neck & right shoulder pain & numbness in hand & fingers. Just finishing the meds., today. I feel 90% better. Just hope it lasts."

Enie (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a herniated disc in my lower back that flares up a few times a year. I caught it just before the muscles went into spasm and took this dose pack. After taking the first six pills on day one, I felt 90% better. I finished the six-day prescription and didn’t have another flareup for a week. I’m hoping my doctor will prescribe it again, and I’ll have to get back to my physical therapy exercises. The drug was a life saver for me with no side effects that I could tell."

Mozart (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Neuralgia: "I think this drug is way overprescribed when you look at all if the terrible side effects. I took the dosepak for only 6 days. It gave me pain in my legs that have not gone away after a month. It makes me worry now a lot. If there are other options to treat an illness or condition consider those before using this or any other steroid. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I’m 18 and got this for inflammation in my knee. The 21 tablets, didn’t really work. Got dizzy, gas, very bad moods, got flu like symptoms, couldn’t sleep that much, and heart rate was very irregular. Both knees do not feel any better. I’ve had pains in my knees from a cheer leading accident from about 6-7 months thinking this might work but did not."

mi (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was prescribed the 2mg medrol pack for tendinitis in my wrist thumb and middle finger of left hand. My side effects are insomnia, mood swings, stomach issues, heart rate changes (rabbit heartbeat upon standing), excessive sweating...and the meds did very little for swelling and pain. I finished 2 days ago and am still lingering issues..Dr that prescribed wasn't my normal dr...I will never take again"

Damoose (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Asthma, acute: "I’ve only been on this medication for 4 days, but my asthma symptoms are becoming worse. I hope that by the end of the course things will improve!"

Steve (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took the dose pack for 5 days for pain in foot. Next day had horrible pain in shoulders, & muscle stiffness & pain in legs. Pain & stiffness travelled from left to right side. Ortho surgeon and he said he never prescribes this drug. Went a immunologist MD. Had blood work everything Normal. After 6 months went to RA Specialist- no diagnosis for RA or other autoimmune disease. Still have muscle pain & stiffness and joint pain. Had x-rays - all normal. Ruled out everything possible. Pain has gone on for over a year. Know of many others who had or are experiencing the same. Just found out I need a total hip replacement due to the deterioration of the femur. My DR said prednisone can cause this..BEWARE of this drug and stay away from it! The side effects that they have are not always disclosed. From what I found out many others have experienced the same. RA Drs like to prescribe this drug and will disagree but be warned If the Ortho Surgeons will not prescribe you know there is something wrong"

Full of Pain September 3, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Day 5 and no relief of rash yet. Just had a severe sweating episode."

Ninya (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed this medicine for swollen tonsils, as I came up negative on the strep test. I was hesitant at first after reading reviews but with our Europe trip in a week (at the time) I wanted to feel better, so I took it. The 6 day pack, tapering down the dosage. The first day and every time after I had a headache and felt slightly nauseous. I was in a great mood as our trip was fast approaching. Fast forward to 2/3 days after the pack, my tonsils are swollen once again and ongoing headaches and terrible mood swings. I feel great sadness then anger. This is totally not my personality. It’s the day of our trip and I’m sitting here holding tears back as I write this review. I hope this goes away quickly."

NotBean (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "It really helped me, I was suffering from dermatitis for two weeks The doctor prescribed it to me and it worked even the first day. What a miracle it is!!! Not any negative effects for me, I highly recommended it."

Nancy August 17, 2018

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for : "I was injected with 160mg of depo medrol after going in for allergies. I felt fine for the first couple hours but then my heart rate started fluctuating between 60-249 BPM. I felt really dizzy, and had chest pain for about two days. I’m now on my 6th day after being on the shot and I’ve been having really bad neck pain and stiff / sore muscle pains although I’m not sure if it’s from the shot."

jc479 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This drug gave me terrible leg pain and knee joint pain. Read up on all the side effects yourself before taking it, if it is given to you."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I have used this medication many times in the past with excellent results. I am now on my 10th day of a gout attack in the knee, and It hasn't helped much. The first day I take 6, I start feeling better, but after that, the pain doesn't decrease."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Given 1 gm/day x3 days intravenously for MS flare. Symptoms relieved quickly. 3 hrs sleep per 24 hr period, strange metallic taste. All with it though."

SophieB (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Before prescribing this medicine my doctor checked my heartbeat and said it was healthy and regular. She prescribed the 21 tablet, 6-day dose which I started the next day. The following morning (today) at 5:30 a.m. I woke up with a pounding, fast, irregular heartbeat. After doing some qigong and praying, an hour later my heart has calmed down but is still irregular."

Concerned (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "DO NOT take this medicine if you are prone to depression and/or anxiety! I was given the six day 10mg dose-pack for costochondritis. Everything was fine while taking it, but a few days after it ended, I began feeling like I had the flu. Then the most awful depression set in with the worst anxiety I've ever had. Insomnia too. Five weeks after finishing, it's still with me. Having to take Xanax and Zoloft now just to survive. I pray that it will go away soon and wish I had never taken this horrible drug. I'm sure it has a place, but not for those with depression or anxiety."

CSA1861 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given this pill for an allergy and I was only able to take the first 2 pills (4mg each) because it gave me high blood pressure so the doctor told me to stop taking it. I'm just concerned if those two pills will have any lasting side effects."

amar78 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This is an amazingly effective treatment for my autoimmune flares. The blister pack is easy to use and understand. It gives me zero negative side effects. The Medrol dosepac I use goes for 6 days and I can feel the improvement towards the end of the first day and it gets better every day. I think it's great and I highly recommend it! I've had to use this treatment 3 times and it's worked every time."

docia (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I get my knees drained and injected just about every 3 months. In between the inflammation in my knees can become almost unbearable at times. I do take a pain med up to 4x a day and have tried many different kinds of anti-inflammatory meds. What the medrol 4mg dose pack did for my body was amazing! I had a few things going on at the time; pneumonia, knee inflammation, swollen legs(minor), and my energy level was just shot due to my whole body aching. After the 2nd day on the dose pack my coughing went away, my knees felt great (stairs were still a bit painful) but overall I had no nagging body aches. It's been about two weeks and I'm still feeling good and taking less pain meds. So I'm not sure what exactly it did, but it really worked great for me."

Ox (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018