User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 250 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 9 reviews 876 medications

6.2
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 166 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been to the ER three times in 90 days with horrible sinus pain & pressure. Just finished my third round of augmentin. My ears are still full of fluid & I can hardly hear at all. This steriod has been working so fast! I feel better already & its only been 12 hours on the medicine (4 mg) pills. It does make me feel jittery, but it's definitely worth the side effects. Being sick 90 days is a long time."

Relief 2017 January 1, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have taken for 2 days now it only made it so I cant breathe out of my nose and my ears and hearing are bad I feel almost deaf."

Mich047 December 30, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The methylpredisone took away all my pain even in the worst places. I did have spasms in my spine that were a bit unnerving. I can only use it one week a month but the break from the pain is a God send."

Llqllb December 30, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Sorry to hear about the discomfort/side effects of others. By the 2nd day on a (generic Medrol dose pack), I breathed a huge sigh of relief.I have wondered why it wasn't offered to me sooner--a real God-send. It has made the biggest difference in my enjoyment of the Holidays. Whether this ends up being temporary or not, it was a nice vacation from pain that was over-riding pain meds. Off I go to my first PT session this afternoon, and I'm not dreading it.--very thankful."

Sciatic-ann (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I strained my back and was in pain every time I moved the wrong way or changed positions, after working too hard on an outdoor project. My PCP prescribed a Methylprednisolone steroid pack. The medication started working the first day and has "loosened my back muscles" and reduced the pain considerably. I have 1 day left of the medication and feel pretty good. I have a history of depression and did feel a little jittery and have trouble getting to sleep, but nothing too bad that I would stop taking the medicine. Also having gas and the medicine is making me hungry. For me benefits definitely outweigh the side effects."

Mike214324435646757 December 22, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had hives and this this cleared it up. Also there was a bonus - my skin which is slightly acne prone on my t zone - has never been so clear as after taking this."

Stas45 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took whole pak over the 5 days for Sciatic nerve pain and numbness and cramps in left calf and foot. It had ZERO effect, I might as well ate Skittles candy."

Terry Alan December 18, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "You have to be self aware. Read the label. It tells you about pre existing conditions and interaction issues. Don't be ignorant have a history of this or that take the med and then complain the medication sucks. Children's aspirin can cause similar side effects if you have a condition that doesn't mix well with it. With that being said I took the 6 pills last night and haven't been able to stand up out of bed without a cane in over six weeks. I woke up this morning and I'm standing freely writing this review with no support. All be it my condition isn't from a sprain or twist or backache. It's from a yet to be determined inflammatory disease that has had me on crutches and canes for the past month and a half. be self aware."

Jimmyknicks December 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I constantly over think things, worry and assume I will have every side effect, so I never want to take medication. I had fluid in my middle ear for over 2 years and went to several doctors who basically did nothing. Finally I was prescribed methylprednisolone 4 mg. I researched for days finding every bad side effect but got over myself and took the medicine. I had no nausea, dizziness or heart palpitations. I had a little gas but everything else was fine! It taste terrible but we've all drank way worst things that only have harmed our body. It gave me some relief the first week but now is wearing off. It was a great time treatment!"

Liz T (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The first 28 hrs while i was taking this drug has been devastating for me. I took the drug this morning before breakfast as described & shortly after I was feeling short winded leaned forward to my knees praying to God "why am I feeling this way". It was also feeling like something was flaring up inside my chest and rib cage area. Shortly I called my PCP & they told me to come back"

Bron Bron (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I went into the E.R. on Sept 8th, 2016 for a simple bug bite on my finger that became itchy and swollen after the 3rd evening. Was prescribed MEDROL along with clindamycin, Benedryl and an antacid, none of which I've ever taken in my 39yr of living. After the 1st day I became very emotional, low mood, I just kind of blew it off, 3rd day my weight dropped 7lbs! As of today, Dec 5th, down to 127lbs & normally 138lbs. SEVERE Muscle loss, bulging eye, eyes BLURRY, extreme pressure in my head to the point I can't move sometimes, SHAKINESS depression, HEART PALPITATIONS, bone & joint pain, painful jolts periodically, nausea, black stools, burning back& stomach, diarrhea & constipation, TINGLING, DIZZY."

T. Johnson (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I went to urgent care Dr. Because my primary Dr. Was on vacation. I had seen this Dr. Before when I had a bad case of sinus problem which he gave antibiotics. It cleared me up for 3 weeks and then I had a bad relapse. Went back to the same Dr who prescribed methylprednisolone 4mg dose ok. And stronger antibiotics. Man oh man !! My sciatica was inflamed! I could not sleep had to walk with a cane I was in so much pain I wanted to stop taking them but a nurse said continue to take them cause this medicine works throughout your body a certain way then if it continue see your primary Dr. I'm not finish yet . I had to miss my best friend husband retirement party! And still having issues."

Jerrie7150 December 3, 2016

For Neuralgia: "I've taken this on and off for Years for sciatica and it does NOTHING for me. It's a waste of money."

Angry and in pain December 1, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "I've taken this for sciatica in the past and it's been worthless for that. So getting this for gout the first time I wasn't expecting much but hoping to be proven wrong after reading the reviews here. Not at all. My pain is just as bad as before. I should just let my gout runs its course instead, it would feel the same and be cheaper too. This crap is awful and a waste of money. Next time my doctor wants to prescribe me this I will say "no thanks""

Angry and disappointed December 1, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given this medication (4 mg dosepk) by a podiatrist for plantar fascitis pain as I have problems with NSAIDS. The second day I had a very red face and chest. By the end of that day every bone in my face hurt. I had stopped taking it after the morning dose by orders of my pharmacist. But later that day I got a bright pink hot area on my left forearm and also my upper arm muscle area on the right. Day 3 I developed another pink, hot area on the upper left arm and had severe pain in my shoulders, elbows, wrists, and fingers.I went to my primary care doctor's office for followup. They agreed to stop the medication. I had only taken the first full day (6 pills) and 1 the next morning so I didn't think the reaction would last this long."

Yelenie November 15, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took only 3 pills that were only 4mg each and after the third pill had heart palpitations, my arms felt numb, nausea, felt so very hungry even after eating. Cannot take this med. Too many side effects."

LesK (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "First gout attack in 8 years. I take a low dose daily of allopurinol. Managed to allow myself to get dehydrated (too much coffee, allergy medication) and also was not exactly watching what I was eating and drinking. Woke up with that familiar big toe pain, by evening I couldn't walk, and the pain was so bad even after taking two aleve and a Percocet I was up most of the night in excruciating pain. Called my family doc in the morning and he called this methelpredsolone in to my pharmacy. My prescription plan picked it up and it cost me $5! Took the 1st day course as directed. Woke up this morning with only slight discomfort! I have never had a gout attack that calmed down this quickly. Usually did the indocin thing which took much longer!"

Bye gout November 3, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I was given this medicine in the 6 Day Pack for an allergic reaction. Since I started taking this medication I can't sleep, I maybe doze off for 20 minutes if I'm lucky. I feel very hostile and confused, like I can't progress my thoughts at all and I keep forgetting what I'm doing. On top of that I'm experiencing a lot of shortness of breath and every time I stand up I get dizzy. I'm incredibly thirsty and have to use the bathroom more often now since starting to take this medication. I can't wait to be finished with it seeing it's 50/50 helped with my symptoms.. The taste is horrible, like acid in my mouth and I have to take it with milk to make sure it doesn't burn. Since yesterday morning I've developed a short throat and bloating. :/"

ICANTSLEEPNOW October 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had bad nerve pain 2 hours after my 1st dose it was gone I just hope it don't come back"

Rose cutler (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was given a 6 day pack of these pills to prevent inflammation after two root canals. No side effects thus far. However, the taste of these tiny pills are terribly awful! Almost a kin to metronidazole. Just take with orange juice or milk to dilute. Yet, my teeth feel almost back to normal! yay"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This drug is AMAZING! After I taken this medicine I was back to myself! I was barely walking, my hands were throbbing and killing me, pain behind my knees, I have something that is attacking all my joints, my orthropedic Dr. subscribed this to me until I could see an R.A. Dr."

Kwilli54 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for : "After moving into an old apartment in Florida, I developed a severe skin rash which I attribute to mold in the walls. The rash was from my neck to my ankles. Itched/burned beyond belief. Went to Urgent Care and received an injection of this miracle drug which is the only thing that provided relief. I had no side effects at all. Just gratitude to be taken out of my misery if only temporarily."

giojazz September 15, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had L4 minimal evasive surgery on a Tuesday, went home Wednesday and Wednesday night my sciatica was killing me which was what the surgery was to correct. Called the Dr on Friday and was prescribed to take all the 1st days dosage at once and to continue to with regular dosage. My Saturday evening I was feeling 90% better, by Monday I was still doing well with a bit of an ache. My biggest issue was no sleep. I was awake until 3 and 4 am during those days. I will trade the not sleeping for the reduced pain."

JMBooker1 August 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "So I work at a hospital and am constantly on my feet, walking/running for 12+ hrs straight. Somehow I injured my foot and started limping by the end of my shifts. Went to the Dr on Friday and she gave me a packet... Its Monday morning and my foot feels a ton better. The swelling is almost gone completely. No side effects, no redness of the face, nothing... Give it a 10 for working great for me!"

Dnv84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "This medication is very very dangerous. I took it for only three days before I became depressed, raging and suicidal. It is two months later and I have been in the psych ER three times, and I am still struggling and now on mood stabilizers. Before I took this medication I was fine. Please Google "prednisone psychiatric side-effects" before you take this medication. This should have a black box warning on it, but for reasons I don't understand the FDA doesn't make them put one on there. It is known to cause extreme psych side-effects in up to 5% of the people who take it. Please avoid what happened to me and read before you start taking it. There are plenty of peer-reviewed clinical articles about it."

Mel1960 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016