User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 234 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 14 reviews 886 medications

5.5
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 204 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Gout, Acute: "I have had a gout attacks about 6-7 times in my life. I used this prescription for the 2nd time, this was the worst attack I ever had, ( in wrist ,hand ,fingers and up to forearm) spent 20 hours before I got to Dr,(occurred on Sunday) went to Dr on Monday . This prescription started working immediately from first dose. Great for me for gout."

worst case of gout I ever had (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I am 29 years old. Went to the doc for an ear infection and sinus pressure that I think turned into a bad sinus infection. Was given the 21 pill PAC 4 mg. Felt fine day 1, day 2 woke up feeling great but slowly felt numbness in my fingers, nose and cheeks throughout the morning. By lunch time I thought I was having a panic attack from the constant heart racing and shortness of breathe. At one point there was a stream of heat shooting down the back of my neck. Thought I was having an allergic reaction, but after reading other reviews (because it was a Friday after 5 and couldn't reach my doc) it appears these are side affects. I will be going back to the doc Monday, this is why I hate taking meds. Feel like this drug is doing more harm than good."

Kelsey_12 September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had two plantar fasciitis surgery, I have a broken clavicle with a plate and screws both my knees have no cartilage one was scoping done but didn't help after a few days taking this medicine I feel like a new person I could chase her on my three year old I Dread day I have to stop. I have to take pain meds every day in order to do my job I love my life but gets tiring thank God this medicine for short-term helps"

John. 8787 August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Took away the pain and improved my walking right away, first day, but gave me a terrible case of GERD. I could not sleep and decided to stop after that first day. Have not called my doctor yet because he was dismissive and fast. Want a new doctor."

Angel5425 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Been taking this drug for a few days now and it's helped my sinuses. But have a hard time sleeping plus going to the bathroom especially at night."

Anonymous August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "I have been taking these dose packs when I have a serious gout attack. Usually in 2 days my painful gout is gone. What else could you ask for. Quality of life is back. Prior to this, nothing seem to work. Painkillers are usually addicting and really can't cure the pain. I thought my quality of lie was taking a turn for the worst with gout. However, once I discovered the drug I was so happy, Now if they could only find much better prevention Meds for gout. The Colchicine .6mg ? Allopurinol 100mg ? Just don't seem to prevent."

Anonymous July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have MS and I love this stuff. It makes me kind of jittery, but nothing knocks out an acute exacerbation like this."

Kindral (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "side effects- mood swings, depression,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I can suddenly swell up and not be able to move, especially in hands with the inability to even walk. While I have pain medication it simply does does not work (though others seek this medication I take).I will go from a wheelchair to walking around in less than a few hours. I will be in tears from the pain. I happened to have an attack while visiting my Dr. 6 hours away, he had saw me the day before for a test and I was using a walker but now I was incapable of moving and was using a wheelchair. He order Home health and PT. I asked for Medrol dose pack and by the time I got home the symptoms had alleviated to the point I was at 90%. Amazed at how quick it works and the expression I get when I don't ask for pain meds."

Tommy Chatam (taken for 10 years or more) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Taken twice over the last 7 weeks post-knee replacement surgery. After 6 weeks back at work at a desk for 8 hours, my good leg, lower back hurt so bad, and my replaced knee had pain and swelling from the knee to my foot. Works immediately! Worked the entire time I was on it for 6 days. Then, pain returns. Can't take long term, so I'm not sure how to relief it any other way. OT said exercise but I can hardly stand up straight much less work out."

Schnanc (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Took medrol dosepack like prescribed Side effects are a shock it gave me jitters and tremors . Made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Mild headaches and slight abdominal pain, Back pain . This medicine is a total crock It actually made the pain I had even worse with its own little twist, Gave my left arm chills and sweats very clammy. Plus there a possibility of withdrawals I'm 20 that's the last thing I need."

Chris stevens (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Going on day 2 with this medicine. I was prescribe this because of excruciating pain in my thoracic spine. This has worked wonderfully!! Although I could not sleep at all last night I am pain free this morning :)"

Jinster June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived."

Mdenisem (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Immunosuppression: "It would seem that I have a form of Autoimmune Disorder, test are still pending. I had a form of skin rash caused by swimming in chlorinated pools, I might add a very painful and itchy rash over 50% of my body. At 66 years of age this is news to me I have been swimming in chlorinate pools all my live. The drug methylprednisolone was prescribe and the outcome was almost unbelievable. The itching stop the very first day and the rash disappeared in a week. Unfortunately my swimming in chlorinated pools days are over. My body just can't take any more."

Mr Flash (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started having inflammation in both of my shoulders where I had a very hard time raising my arms to apply deodorant. I also had pain behind my knees where I could kneel but I could not sit on my heels as the pain from inflammation was so bad. I also had a hard time moving my wrists from inflammation. I also had pain on the sides of my hips evenly which was scary. I had tests done many times for R/A and Osteo and I was told that I did not have either one but something was causing inflammation which in turn caused pain and stiffness. After taking the first day of a 6-day 4 mg Medrol does pac, I felt 10X better. It was like a miracle drug with no negative side effects for me."

wmstwn76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My foot doctor put me on this medicine for inflammation. My feet have arthritis, plus I have arthritis in my spine, neck etc. I am amazed at how much better I can walk. I was getting so stiff and in pain, that I could barely walk at work, around 2-3 pm. Can you take this all the time, or just with flare ups?"

Seashel2001 May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My doctor put me in this to see for sure if I have lupus or a rheumatoid disease. He said if it made me feel better then I probably did. This drug definitely took away my pain and stiffness. I have bad pain in my left knee that radiates up my hip but that's from a torn meniscus that I'm receiving survey for next week. The other pain is pretty okay. But I can't handle the side effects. As someone who is always nauseous, I can't handle being more nauseous than usual. If that wasn't a side effect I would take them medicine every day to get relief from the pain I've been having. But I'm only 23 and have had such a crappy quality of life for the last seven years that I'm not willing to risk adding more nausea. Stopped taking it after 3 doses."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia: "I was having really bad back pain, it was hard to walk, sit, lay, or even move. Went to the Dr. and he prescribed me this medication. It helped me within the first dose. I couldn't believe it helped that quickly. Only side effect I had was a bit of sleepiness and they tasted disgusting. Take with milk or juice because it will linger in your mouth for a long time."

Mandy90 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Gout, Acute: "My first experience with gout. Woke up with left foot pain, thought I got a spider bite while I slept. Quickly worsened where walking was very difficult. Called a foot and ankle specialist who got me in that day. He identified condition as gout prescribed MethylPREDNISolone Tablets 4mg dose pack. Instructed to take initial dose at once with my dinner meal. The pain, swelling, discomfort subsided quickly and by next morning little discomfort remained. Completed the course of medication over the six days but condition was resolved in two days. This medication worked very well for me."

Tom S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I only gave it an 8 because of the side affects, flush felling, puffy face, hunger, etc, but I was in severe pain from an autoimmune issue. My back went out which in turn made my inflammation all over my body react so the pain became unbearable. This has happened 2 times and after only the 1st day, I began to feel relief, and after day 6 I felt like a teenager again, not an old lady who can't move, so, as I don't want to be on it forever, it sure beats feeling like I can't go on anymore because of the pain."

Justmepainfree2 May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a severe reaction to the Levaquin antibiotic (Levaquin toxicity) and it took 4.5-years to regain physical strength. I was working again, then my dentist prescribed methylprednisone (for numbness after dental surgery) and within 4-days I began relapsing into severe muscle weakness. I fainted multiple times driving, had temporary blindness in one eye and have had to stop working due to continued muscle weakness."

MedrolafterLevaquin May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "OMG! This drug is GREAT immediately felt relief, by the next day swelling was almost all gone and just a little sore."

stillo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night."

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed the 15mg dose pack for 6 days that tapers off. After the first day of taking 6 doses, I noticed a little relief. I'm on the third day now which is 4 doses, and I'm noticing even more relief from the pain. On the 4 th day I will take 3 doses, on the 5th day, I will take 2 doses, and then on the 6th day I will take one dose and I will be done. I am also taking meloxicam so I am not sure if that's helping as well. I am concerned about weight gain, but so far I have not experienced any side effects. The doses are easy to take and I'm hoping by the time I finish, the inflammation is gone and I'm feeling normal again. When all else fails, I would recommend this 15mg 6pak to anyone that has inflammation with unbearable pain."

RFBB April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking methylprednisolone on and off for years. Yet every doctor that gives it to me always says "now we don't want to stay on this too long because it has side effects". Well, that's like saying don't drink poison u might get a stomach ache. Out of about forty side effects I had at least ten, and the most painful. Not realizing the cause the more pills I took, the worse the pain got. My advice to ANYONE don't take methylprednisolone for any reason EVER"

Lyn1 April 7, 2017