User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 250 medications

Asthma 4 reviews 142 medications

6.8
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 145 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had L4 minimal evasive surgery on a Tuesday, went home Wednesday and Wednesday night my sciatica was killing me which was what the surgery was to correct. Called the Dr on Friday and was prescribed to take all the 1st days dosage at once and to continue to with regular dosage. My Saturday evening I was feeling 90% better, by Monday I was still doing well with a bit of an ache. My biggest issue was no sleep. I was awake until 3 and 4 am during those days. I will trade the not sleeping for the reduced pain."

JMBooker1 August 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "So I work at a hospital and am constantly on my feet, walking/running for 12+ hrs straight. Somehow I injured my foot and started limping by the end of my shifts. Went to the Dr on Friday and she gave me a packet... Its Monday morning and my foot feels a ton better. The swelling is almost gone completely. No side effects, no redness of the face, nothing... Give it a 10 for working great for me!"

Dnv84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "This medication is very very dangerous. I took it for only three days before I became depressed, raging and suicidal. It is two months later and I have been in the psych ER three times, and I am still struggling and now on mood stabilizers. Before I took this medication I was fine. Please Google "prednisone psychiatric side-effects" before you take this medication. This should have a black box warning on it, but for reasons I don't understand the FDA doesn't make them put one on there. It is known to cause extreme psych side-effects in up to 5% of the people who take it. Please avoid what happened to me and read before you start taking it. There are plenty of peer-reviewed clinical articles about it."

Mel1960 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

For Dermatologic Lesion: "My skin dermatoligist prescribed me this drug to heal inflammation on the skin that was caused by mosquitos and left blisters & deep wounds on my skin. She prescribed me methylprednisolone 8mg which I had to take 3x a day for 3 days... I had the whooping cough at the same time when I took this drug, I took Ambroxol before that but stopped when I took this drug. The pill did nothing much to me. I took it 2 times and then I stopped due to the side effects. After the pills my throat does not swallow properly and spitting out thick phlegm is difficult, I almost choked and was out of breath from my own phlegm when I tried to spit it out. It only stopped the pain in my leg but caused pain at other parts of my body. Not taking them again."

D2daC (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I just took my last pill from a 6 day cycle. I felt relief in pain from the first day. It's strange, I can feel sensation there the pain was but it doesn't hurt. it's like it's still there but not hurting. No side effects except a little tired. I'm praying this neck and shoulder pain stays away."

m.m.ms June 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Gave it 9 out of 10 as it did make me feel queasy. My most recent 'episode' with my cervical spine spun my world upside down. An inflamed and angry nerve is unlike anything else. I can't express how much pain I was experiencing...excruciating doesn't do it justice. Anyway, I don't like to take any kind of medication, but was willing to sell my soul to the devil at this point. After taking all 6 pills on day 1, I immediately felt relief, not 100%, but SO much better! Day 2 began good, but as the day went on there was an increase in nerve pain. Day 3 was a rollercoaster day, but still noticed improvement. Day 4 and 5 showed improvement (until I got hit with a water balloon) Day 6, was still sore, but better. I hope the healing continues."

Mackytack (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "In the hospital for 2 days with excrutiating pan in my breast bone and lower back with no diagnosis then I saw my podiatrist for a scheduled appointment and he said you have gout... Prescribed Methyipredmilsolone and the pain was gone in the first day. Maybe the diagnosticians at Eisenhower Medical in Rancho Mirage should visit Dr Andew Rothstein in Indio for some insight... At Eisenhower a nuclear stress test of my heart was ordered which I refused (my heart is fine) and I saved Medicare $10,000."

Jackson15 June 19, 2016

For Dermatologic Lesion: "I was given methylprednisolone for treatment of severe poison ivy! It relieved the swelling and helped me sleep. Not only did it help with that, I have been having swelling in my right leg and severe pain in my right heel since a few months after a hip replacement. The second day on treatment NO pain in my right heel and no swelling for the duration of this 6 day treatment~ I hope it continues!!! Love this product so far."

Nancy Jo (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For : "Was prescribed the 4 mg dose pak for swelling and bruising after a rhinoplasty. Wow, the side effects are horrendous. Oh the first say I took the first 6 and experienced the side effects right away: Diarrhea, upset stomach, extreme dizziness, feeling faint, shakey, insomnia, anxiety, shortness of breath. Just the worst. My swelling has gone down BUT swelling is expected to go down around this time, therefore not sure if it was the methyl. I only took a days worth and decided that I will discontinue it. So it could very well not have made any difference. Rather have the swelling."

Anonymous000000 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It made my Trigeminal Neuralgia get so bad after just 2 days of taking the medication. I wake up from a deep sleep and then the pain spasm hits me hard left side of face. I quickly stopped the steroid, but its too late. Its been over a week now, I still have nightly pain spasms from waking up and getting up and moving my neck and head in order to get up. I do not recommend you take this steroid if you have TN. Beware."

Guest TN June 2, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "2 years ago I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis likely caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ciprofloxacin. I had severe pain in wrist, shoulders, and gluteus. I am allergic to aspirin and all anti-inflammatory medications. My rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone. Within 8 hours I was pain free. However, within a week or so the pain returned. I then started taking 10 mg daily which was very helpful for a year. I reduced my dosage to 4 mg every other day for about 10 months. I stopped taking May 5 2016. I still have wrist pain but bearable. I have had no apparent side effects during or after taking the drug. Note. An every other day dose is recommended in the PDR which I followed for the last year."

Anonymous May 31, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Gout, Acute: "I took 2 tablets before breakfast and 1 after lunch. Felt so much better didn't take one after dinner or bed time."

Ironfinger (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "This drug completely alleviates pain and swelling associated with my acute gout, but I am experiencing side effects of anxiety, restlessness, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, insomnia, mood swings, depression and paranoid thoughts. I'm looking forward to phasing this out, but thankful for the gout relief!"

Jw75 May 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Pain in my neck and shoulders was so severe that my Ortho Doc prescribed this dose pack for Cervical Degenerative Disease. It has helped relieve the pain, but hopes it lasts. The side effect have been dizziness, gas, indigestion, but have been able to lie down to get some sleep."

Lucyone May 12, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had intermittent hip pain for many years, it really picked about three weeks ago with, at times, intolerable pain. Even with a pain pill I had difficulty sleeping sitting, always favoring my right hip to avoid the pain. After taking the Medrol dose pack, for two days the pain began to subside, The pain is now gone and dare I say I feel great! Hope it lasts!!!"

Suzhoa April 20, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had terrible ringing in the head 4 months. Worst everyday. Took meds first night couldn't sleep much. Then I wake up and barely hear the Bell. Now after 2 days Nearly quiet. thank God"

mike r. April 16, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Last month I was given this med by the orthopedic for a "pinched nerve" from my neck to shoulder down arm which was very painful. I took a double dose pak, 42 pills total. I had never took steroids before. Day 2, I immediately felt better. Great! By day 12, the last day of this regimen, I was sooo tired, bloated from lots of gas, but pain was 90 percent better. The days following, I got so weak and just wanted to sleep all the time. Good thing I am retired. It's been 3 weeks since I stopped. The pain is back full force, my legs are swollen from water retention, and I'm full of gas. Pills were good for a short time, but now I am back to square one. Had 2 MRI's yesterday, and will see the doctor in 4 days. Won't take these again."

Gem10 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My face and chest turned red like a sun burn, my face is puffy and red. Upset stomach. bloating"

cmgo (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "After reading the reviews on this site, I was reluctant to follow through with my doctors orders and take this medicine. I was very concerned about the side effects people were having, because I don't like taking medications to begin with. The first day I paid very close attention to any side effects and didn't have any. I'm on my third day and I feel much better. My apatite hasn't increased, I haven't gained any weight, as a matter of fact, I've lost two pounds. It hasn't effected my sleep, no headaches or anything I can report. I'm feeling better, my allergies have cleared up, which I have been struggling with for years, so for me this has been a positive experience so far."

PPhish (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had issues with my immune system for 6 years. Each episode would start with little congestion, then mouth sores, attack hip & shoulder, extreme tiredness, vision problems and migraine. Episodes last 2 wks to 2 mos. Each one bringin me lower than the one before. Have been to dr and had many tests. Nothing definitive. Have appt to see a rheumatologist next month but the migraine with blurred vision and neck pain and shoulder pain had gone on for 11 days straight. Pain all over my head waking me at night. I was scared. So I called my dr after researh on Internet and asked for this medication. I started it at 3pm. By night the headache was all but gone. Not good sleep but better than misery pain. Fuzzy head blurred vision 2nd day. Still 90% bter"

Horses are my passion (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "My face and chest turned red like a sun burn"

carmerita (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Have had surgery on my shoulder twice and my neck all over 11-12 months been dealing with pain about 2 -5 yrs before getting worst up till surgery and then after I go to PT for 6 months after each surgery and each time the pain comes back as bad as before was put on dose pac and it has helped twice pain management Doctor doesn't want to put me on a daily dose. Up till not pain meds really don't help at all Tylenol #3 helps a little. My pain has gotten to the point left neck ,shoulder and left arm the pain is to the point it takes my breath away (take me to my knees) muscle spasms in my neck till no end. Took the dose pack seemed to help was able to get out of the house only lasted about 5 days."

Kaustin6 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had been experiencing shoulder pain from repetitive strain for about 3 years; it started off quite mild and then in the past 3-6 months had developed into a constant stabbing, throbbing pain. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis, and was put on methylprednisolone and valium. After the very first day on the steroid, my pain symptoms reduced *dramatically*. On day 3, it barely hurts at all. So, so, so relieved.. I wish I'd gone to the doctor much sooner!"

RTC Tendonitis (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Excellent"

yuio January 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "A week ago I had a root canal done to my four front teeth I was given a prescription for thynol and an antibiotic a week later I went back to have a back up done but one of my teeth was still hurting so the dentist said the tooth was to painful so the treatment was cancel until next week and he prescription menthylprednisolone 4mg dosepak now is this med good for excessive pain due to root canal."

Poppijj January 27, 2016