User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Predacorten, Solu-Medrol …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis

Allergic Rhinitis
5.5

Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 8.0 213 reviews

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Have taken the one week dosepak a few times over the last few years for sharp lower back pain. I have never had any side effects of any kind. This medication eliminates 90% of pain within two days and is completely gone by day 4. I call them miracle pills!"

Tobin M January 11, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This stuff worked awesome for me. Bum shoulders, I could barely wash my opposite armpit or put on a shirt. Couldn't pick up a gallon of milk. Within 48 hours after starting the dose pack, the pain was 90% gone. A few weeks later pain came back worse than ever. So today I started another dose pack. Within two hours pain was again almost gone."

Wow! (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Asthma, acute: "I was prescribed a six day dose pack for my respiratory infection and while it did it’s job with my lungs - the knee pain (diagnosed as arthritis - prescribed Duexis) I’ve been having for almost a year disappeared. I can run up and down the steps without issue now whereas before I’ve slowly worked back up to a regular walk but very slow when ascending or descending. I’m asking my doctor about this long term because I feel like I’ve got my life back."

hester3384 January 8, 2018

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: "Helped tremendously. Was given as daily injection (by IV) before bedtime during treatment of severe episode shortness-of-breath requiring hospitalization. Reduced need for daily inhalators and restored breathing capacity. Has been two weeks since last dose without any "COPD-Flare" episodes. More effective than Predinisone (pill) for long-term control of condition."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

For Dermatologic Lesion: "I was prescribed this in the ER for ulcers on my skin. Please, as I write this and am struggling with this. Do not take this drug. I was acting not myself for the time on it. I thought it was my anxiety disorder. After day 5 I fell into a deep depression, I have had panic attacks, severe confusion, I've debated if I loved anyone. And cried and have screamed because I was having thoughts about my significant other. I couldn't and am still struggling to go outside. I can't get out of bed. They wanted me on antidepressants and high dosages of anxiety meds. I saw a Dr at urgent care and they asked who was stupid enough to prescribe you this and why. I'm hoping all these feelings and emotions are from this drug. I haven't been myself since."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have both fibro and lupus. I injured my hip bone and was in severe pain, worse than the pain I'm in on a daily basis. Lately the pain has kept me debilitated and depressed. In addition to the prior mentioned I haven't been eating, loss of hunger and gastrointestinal issues. My PC Dr placed me on this medication. The first day I wasn't sure what to expect. I can tell you that I did get hyper. With that said, this was the first time I was able eat. Then I found that I was joking around with my family. Day 2: I ATE, 3 meals! Still needed pain medication but not as much because the ibuprofen and extra strength Tylenol were allowed to work. I was able to move. Day 3: I ATE AGAIN!! I took advantage of everything I could. I feel alive!"

Lizl58504 (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Immunosuppression: "I have had repeated Solu-medrol success use for Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). If given enough the first time, it doesn't need to be repeated and I can have had remissions lasting for 18 months to over 2 years living a normal, productive life. The drug is not used enough for this disease unless SLE is life threatening. This drug should be used more to prevent life threatening SLE issues."

SLE-Rx (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had an allergic reaction to Cozaar ...it swelled my face..I had difficulty breathing..higher bp. So the doctor prescribed medrol I took the morning dose & lunch dose...I felt & looked terrible (most of the side effects were reason I took it). I had a rheumatologist appointment that same day & she recommended I take Benadryl..so I did that along with drinking lots of green tea and some exercise and I'm as good as new!"

Chase Mendoza October 16, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The relief far outweighs side effects. It can't be used over long periods so I follow a sine wave for it's use."

Cigam (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "I have had a gout attacks about 6-7 times in my life. I used this prescription for the 2nd time, this was the worst attack I ever had, ( in wrist ,hand ,fingers and up to forearm) spent 20 hours before I got to Dr,(occurred on Sunday) went to Dr on Monday . This prescription started working immediately from first dose. Great for me for gout."

worst case of gout I ever had (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I am 29 years old. Went to the doc for an ear infection and sinus pressure that I think turned into a bad sinus infection. Was given the 21 pill PAC 4 mg. Felt fine day 1, day 2 woke up feeling great but slowly felt numbness in my fingers, nose and cheeks throughout the morning. By lunch time I thought I was having a panic attack from the constant heart racing and shortness of breathe. At one point there was a stream of heat shooting down the back of my neck. Thought I was having an allergic reaction, but after reading other reviews (because it was a Friday after 5 and couldn't reach my doc) it appears these are side affects. I will be going back to the doc Monday, this is why I hate taking meds. Feel like this drug is doing more harm than good."

Kelsey_12 September 8, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had two plantar fasciitis surgery, I have a broken clavicle with a plate and screws both my knees have no cartilage one was scoping done but didn't help after a few days taking this medicine I feel like a new person I could chase her on my three year old I Dread day I have to stop. I have to take pain meds every day in order to do my job I love my life but gets tiring thank God this medicine for short-term helps"

John. 8787 August 25, 2017

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Took away the pain and improved my walking right away, first day, but gave me a terrible case of GERD. I could not sleep and decided to stop after that first day. Have not called my doctor yet because he was dismissive and fast. Want a new doctor."

Angel5425 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Been taking this drug for a few days now and it's helped my sinuses. But have a hard time sleeping plus going to the bathroom especially at night."

Anonymous August 11, 2017

For Gout, Acute: "I have been taking these dose packs when I have a serious gout attack. Usually in 2 days my painful gout is gone. What else could you ask for. Quality of life is back. Prior to this, nothing seem to work. Painkillers are usually addicting and really can't cure the pain. I thought my quality of lie was taking a turn for the worst with gout. However, once I discovered the drug I was so happy, Now if they could only find much better prevention Meds for gout. The Colchicine .6mg ? Allopurinol 100mg ? Just don't seem to prevent."

Anonymous July 25, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have MS and I love this stuff. It makes me kind of jittery, but nothing knocks out an acute exacerbation like this."

Kindral (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "side effects- mood swings, depression,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I can suddenly swell up and not be able to move, especially in hands with the inability to even walk. While I have pain medication it simply does does not work (though others seek this medication I take).I will go from a wheelchair to walking around in less than a few hours. I will be in tears from the pain. I happened to have an attack while visiting my Dr. 6 hours away, he had saw me the day before for a test and I was using a walker but now I was incapable of moving and was using a wheelchair. He order Home health and PT. I asked for Medrol dose pack and by the time I got home the symptoms had alleviated to the point I was at 90%. Amazed at how quick it works and the expression I get when I don't ask for pain meds."

Tommy Chatam (taken for 10 years or more) July 1, 2017

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Taken twice over the last 7 weeks post-knee replacement surgery. After 6 weeks back at work at a desk for 8 hours, my good leg, lower back hurt so bad, and my replaced knee had pain and swelling from the knee to my foot. Works immediately! Worked the entire time I was on it for 6 days. Then, pain returns. Can't take long term, so I'm not sure how to relief it any other way. OT said exercise but I can hardly stand up straight much less work out."

Schnanc (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Took medrol dosepack like prescribed Side effects are a shock it gave me jitters and tremors . Made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Mild headaches and slight abdominal pain, Back pain . This medicine is a total crock It actually made the pain I had even worse with its own little twist, Gave my left arm chills and sweats very clammy. Plus there a possibility of withdrawals I'm 20 that's the last thing I need."

Chris stevens (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Going on day 2 with this medicine. I was prescribe this because of excruciating pain in my thoracic spine. This has worked wonderfully!! Although I could not sleep at all last night I am pain free this morning :)"

Jinster June 13, 2017

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived."

Mdenisem (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

For Immunosuppression: "It would seem that I have a form of Autoimmune Disorder, test are still pending. I had a form of skin rash caused by swimming in chlorinated pools, I might add a very painful and itchy rash over 50% of my body. At 66 years of age this is news to me I have been swimming in chlorinate pools all my live. The drug methylprednisolone was prescribe and the outcome was almost unbelievable. The itching stop the very first day and the rash disappeared in a week. Unfortunately my swimming in chlorinated pools days are over. My body just can't take any more."

Mr Flash (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started having inflammation in both of my shoulders where I had a very hard time raising my arms to apply deodorant. I also had pain behind my knees where I could kneel but I could not sit on my heels as the pain from inflammation was so bad. I also had a hard time moving my wrists from inflammation. I also had pain on the sides of my hips evenly which was scary. I had tests done many times for R/A and Osteo and I was told that I did not have either one but something was causing inflammation which in turn caused pain and stiffness. After taking the first day of a 6-day 4 mg Medrol does pac, I felt 10X better. It was like a miracle drug with no negative side effects for me."

wmstwn76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My foot doctor put me on this medicine for inflammation. My feet have arthritis, plus I have arthritis in my spine, neck etc. I am amazed at how much better I can walk. I was getting so stiff and in pain, that I could barely walk at work, around 2-3 pm. Can you take this all the time, or just with flare ups?"

Seashel2001 May 24, 2017