User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: Medrol Dosepak, Medrol, Solu-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Depo-Medrol

Gout, Acute

Ulcerative Colitis, ActiveNot rated - Add rating1 review 30 medications
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 7.2 298 reviews

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Kathy July 9, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I injured my hip that caused severe pain apparently hip bursitis. Narcotics didn’t help and either did Motrin. Doctor prescribes 4mg dose pack and I started feeling better that day. Wish I had this when I fractured my back."

el · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2019

For Dermatologic Lesion: "I was prescribed a blister pack for severe poison oak. It immediately started clearing up and I felt relief within two days. I did not finish the full course because it was giving me really frequent heart palpitations which was concerning."

Wowza · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "TBH I don’t really know why my ENT prescribed me this stuff, he just said “I think I know what your problem is and this should help.” Guess I should’ve probed him for some more information. Side affects have been nuts though. I can actually breathe, but I worked out by going to cycling which I usually do weekly... half way through the workout I wanted to DIE. I was sore as hell, and when I got home to try and sleep I couldn’t because I was in so much pain, I do think it has added to my, already there insomnia, too. It does make me a bit irritable, but the crazier side affect has been my mega increased libido. Craziness."

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My experience with this drug methylprednisolone was much better than other commenters. I suffer from inflammation related vertigo. The doctor initially prescribed meclizine which became less effective and has its own side effects. When I took Cadista/Methylprednisolone for the first time as the directions suggested the results were very subtle. However, months later the inflammation got so bad that I decided to refill the Cadista. This time around I decided to take all six tablets at the same time which via the directions is an option. I felt an immediate difference within the first 30 to 45 minutes of taking. The pain, pressure began to subside. Less than 12 hours later I felt 80% better. Apparently I just needed to take a higher dosage all at once. I did experience insomnia and slight stomach discomfort but I was OK with that because I could now function. Cadista worked for me when other meds didn’t. Hopefully my shared experience helps someone else."

andy · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started taking this drug years ago in 1977 for bad itching on my fingers tiny water blisters , it removed the problem in a few days. I ended up taking it like 4 different times over 10 years with no problems. Now I have the same problem is on my feet??? But just blisters no itching ??? Going to a kaiser specialist in 4 days. I think it is eczema this time. Oh well I am 62 now I talked the doctor into giving me this drug a few days ago and it has help me %100 I can now walk which I could not do as I had way too much pain. I can go to store now get supplies so happy. It is sad when you can't walk..."

Shlpmo · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "1st day of pack ok. 2nd day anxiety started but pain free. 3rd day called doctor saying "scared." Told to discontinue. Some withdrawal since couldn't taper but psychological effects not worth the risk. For inflammation would just use ibuprofen."

Kelly · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Osteoarthritis: "Been on med for only 3 days and there is a noticeable decrease in the amount of pain and swelling I had prior to taking this med. I could barely walk after having an arthritic flare up in my knee. By the second day of taking this med, the pain decreased greatly and I was able to walk. I still had some pain, but not nearly as bad as it was. I still have 3 days to go. I'm hoping for even better news!"

Onion · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 19, 2019

For Asthma, acute: "I take this Medrol dose pack after chest colds/infection to help me with uncontrollable coughing spasms. My physician reminds me every time he prescribes it to start in the morning and continue with morning dose as the med can keep you awake at night. I do feel a bit energized after taking it and initially my blood sugar rises (pre-diabetes) but after the second dose my blood sugars return to a more normal range. Those are my only side effects. The Medrol pack is undeniably the best thing for my post infection chronic coughing and I would recommend it."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I took exactly 3 pills of the first dose and after pill 3 I was doubled over in pain crying hysterically during to the pain. Then I started throwing up! I will NEVER take this drug again!"

A Pate June 11, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Allergic rhinitis Felt better in 24 Hours after methylprednisolone"

Elliemae · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've never had any side effects from the methylprednisolone dosepak; within a day or two it alleviates my RA flare. I take them as needed, and they make such a difference!"

AJBell · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took this medication for about four days after being diagnosed with strep throat. Stopped on day 4 due to anxiety and panic setting in. Thought the side effects would be gone by now- I’ve been off of this medication 10 days. I’ve even been taking anti anxiety meds and still can’t sleep at night. If anyone has any advice on how to counteract this safely then please let me know!"

Desh · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "The start of spring part of the year in northern US bring my allergies. Wake up with eyes matted shut, plugged nose with chronic cough. This medicine is the greatest for me with no known side effects. I am left with no or at least very little allergy symptoms. Great medicine:)"

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "methylprednisolone caused me to go from a normal mental state to extreme panic. I took my pills up until day 5 and then I had to stop due to the side effects making me sicker. A week later with anti anxiety medications to counteract these effects and I’m still not sleeping through the night. The risks for me certainly outweighed the benefits. Do NOT take if you have any form of anxiety disorder."

Kev · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For Asthma: "I've been taking the methylprednisolone dose pack 4mg for three days now. I feel like it's already ruined my life. I had no prior history of anxiety or panic attacks, but I've woken up every day feeling like I'm going to die of a heart attack since I've taken it. I now have unbearable anxiety, panic and terrifying shortness of breath that is only relieved for brief periods of time by Xanax. I am literally in tears over this as a grown man. I'm afraid to go to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this drug to my worst enemy. Avoid it at all costs."

Jim May 22, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "About 14 years ago I herniated a disk in my lower back. For the next 10 years I had to deal with chronic pain that at times would send me into the hospital as it became so intense. Finally, after dealing with the exercises and pain pills I was prescribed the 4 mg methylprednisolone 6 day pak. By weeks end I was not only pain free but at the age of 65 I felt like I was 25 again. I experienced no side effects throughout the treatment. The effects of being pain free 24/7 lasted three long years and then it returned again. Another pak lasted 8 months without any pain. And just now I finished a third pak and it seems to be working but don't know for how long. Considering the level of pain I use to have I consider it for me at least a " miracle drug "."

vers · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have osteoarthritis, cervical and lumbar radiculopathy as well as occipital neuralgia. In the past I was prescribed prednisone to reduce the painful inflammation. I hated taking it due to the side effects. There are not too many medications I can tolerate or that I don't have an allergic reaction to. This medicine methylprednisolone was great in between all the medical procedures. I felt like a new person without all the constant pain for at least a few months until my next procedure"

Jammin · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2019

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I had muscles spasms in my jaw from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues. The medrol starts working day 1 to reduce inflammation in jaw. This is my go to for TMJ."

Bill May 8, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "I have dealt with lower back pain since I was in my 20’s, just one of those things that often happens when you over exert yourself or just happen to bend the wrong way. Usually stretches with lots of icing down your back will get it to eventually go away, but it takes time. Sometimes I can’t even walk, stand up straight or even get out of bed. Recently had a flare up, & I just couldn’t miss work, so I consulted with my doctor to see if there was something that could get me through the week without feeling like there was a knife in my back. I was prescribed Methlprednisolone for 6 days, and it was absolutely amazing. Within a few hours after the first dose I could function much better and the pain was lowered from what I’d call a level 8/10, down to a 3/10! In 2 days I still had some soreness but the recovery time was reduced by nearly 90% vs the usual 7-10 days. I highly recommend this for lower back pain, it is truly a life saver and IMO nothing short of a miracle drug!"

Waldo · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

For Gout, Acute: "Had excruciating gout pain all day and thru the evening, was thinking about riding it out with plenty of water and diet, I don't know why, I must be crazy! Took one 20mg dose at night and when I woke up 60% of the swelling and pain had gone away. Took half of the original dose that night, 10 mg, and woke up the following morning with 90% of painstaking ordeal remedied. Great medicine! I have had severe debilitating gout attacks in the past and tried different meds and methods, but this is so simple, inexpensive, and effective that I wouldn't go any other way."

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have pudendal nerve pain and methylprednisolone works amazingly for it. Best thing out there. A little jittery at first but manageable. I am very sensitive to so many meds and can barely take anything. This works so well. A god send. I was at my wits end when Doc let me have this. I was able to work without pain and feel like myself. Unlike other meds, that barely work and make you feel like you are on another planet"

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Neuralgia: "I have taken this medicine twice in my life. 5 years ago for Bursitis in my hip. Worked like a charm. Pain and misery gone! It takes a day or 2 to get used to medicine. I have a very sensitive system and can't take a lot of pills. Now 5 years later, taking it for pudendal nerve pain and its working on that. I'm on day 5. Doctors have tried me on Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and then asked me to try Lyrica and Cymbalta. I asked my Uro-Gyne to try this med and she said it wouldn't help me. So I asked pain management Doctor to try this and he said "NO one has given you this yet?" Acting shocked and then wrote script immediately. Amitriptyline made me feel like I was having a full blown heart attack, so that was a no go after 1 pill. Gabapentin puts you on planet Pluto and just feels like a band aid thats not actually trying to heal at all. Said NO way to Lyrica and Cymbalta. I think methylprednisolone has been a god send. Really helping nerve/inflammation and still feeling like myself."

Jessie April 24, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I figured I'd share my somewhat neutral experience with this drug after reading mostly negative reviews. The reviews about the side effects alone made me cringe and NOT even want to give it a chance. Rarely will you find a positive review when the drug actually works. It's always when it doesn't work that you end up reading the horror stories. I understand everyone is different so this is just my experience. I was originally given this medication for heel bursitis and planter fasciitis. Although at the same time I had a terrible reaction to poison ivy and sumac. I was told it would treat both. I followed the regime exactly. I didn't notice any side effects at all. Nothing. I was waiting for the panic attacks and anxiety I read about from other reviews. No insomnia either. Nothing happened. Saying that, the medication didn't work for me either. My ivy and sumac stayed the same. Same with my foot. I was kind of disappointed. I gave it a shot tho."

hags · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Got a epidural steroid injection (ESI) in T5/6 and felt a sharp pain. Procedure went well after that. One month later strange pains in spine started. Never told of any risks or ESI. Now in HORRIBLE PAIN in low back, neck and mid back 4 months later. MRI shows nothing and doctors think I am crazy. Trust me- I am not crazy. This stuff is poison. I think I may be in for a life of misery."

Anonymous April 16, 2019

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Multiple Sclerosis: "Took through IV 1000 mg for 3 days I am so sick. I ache my chest hurts the side effects are terrible they're worse than the MS flare up. I would never take this again."