User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 233 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 12 reviews 886 medications

5.7
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 198 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have MS and I love this stuff. It makes me kind of jittery, but nothing knocks out an acute exacerbation like this."

Kindral (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "side effects- mood swings, depression,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I can suddenly swell up and not be able to move, especially in hands with the inability to even walk. While I have pain medication it simply does does not work (though others seek this medication I take).I will go from a wheelchair to walking around in less than a few hours. I will be in tears from the pain. I happened to have an attack while visiting my Dr. 6 hours away, he had saw me the day before for a test and I was using a walker but now I was incapable of moving and was using a wheelchair. He order Home health and PT. I asked for Medrol dose pack and by the time I got home the symptoms had alleviated to the point I was at 90%. Amazed at how quick it works and the expression I get when I don't ask for pain meds."

Tommy Chatam (taken for 10 years or more) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Taken twice over the last 7 weeks post-knee replacement surgery. After 6 weeks back at work at a desk for 8 hours, my good leg, lower back hurt so bad, and my replaced knee had pain and swelling from the knee to my foot. Works immediately! Worked the entire time I was on it for 6 days. Then, pain returns. Can't take long term, so I'm not sure how to relief it any other way. OT said exercise but I can hardly stand up straight much less work out."

Schnanc (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Took medrol dosepack like prescribed Side effects are a shock it gave me jitters and tremors . Made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Mild headaches and slight abdominal pain, Back pain . This medicine is a total crock It actually made the pain I had even worse with its own little twist, Gave my left arm chills and sweats very clammy. Plus there a possibility of withdrawals I'm 20 that's the last thing I need."

Chris stevens (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Going on day 2 with this medicine. I was prescribe this because of excruciating pain in my thoracic spine. This has worked wonderfully!! Although I could not sleep at all last night I am pain free this morning :)"

Jinster June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived."

Mdenisem (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Immunosuppression: "It would seem that I have a form of Autoimmune Disorder, test are still pending. I had a form of skin rash caused by swimming in chlorinated pools, I might add a very painful and itchy rash over 50% of my body. At 66 years of age this is news to me I have been swimming in chlorinate pools all my live. The drug methylprednisolone was prescribe and the outcome was almost unbelievable. The itching stop the very first day and the rash disappeared in a week. Unfortunately my swimming in chlorinated pools days are over. My body just can't take any more."

Mr Flash (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started having inflammation in both of my shoulders where I had a very hard time raising my arms to apply deodorant. I also had pain behind my knees where I could kneel but I could not sit on my heels as the pain from inflammation was so bad. I also had a hard time moving my wrists from inflammation. I also had pain on the sides of my hips evenly which was scary. I had tests done many times for R/A and Osteo and I was told that I did not have either one but something was causing inflammation which in turn caused pain and stiffness. After taking the first day of a 6-day 4 mg Medrol does pac, I felt 10X better. It was like a miracle drug with no negative side effects for me."

wmstwn76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My foot doctor put me on this medicine for inflammation. My feet have arthritis, plus I have arthritis in my spine, neck etc. I am amazed at how much better I can walk. I was getting so stiff and in pain, that I could barely walk at work, around 2-3 pm. Can you take this all the time, or just with flare ups?"

Seashel2001 May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My doctor put me in this to see for sure if I have lupus or a rheumatoid disease. He said if it made me feel better then I probably did. This drug definitely took away my pain and stiffness. I have bad pain in my left knee that radiates up my hip but that's from a torn meniscus that I'm receiving survey for next week. The other pain is pretty okay. But I can't handle the side effects. As someone who is always nauseous, I can't handle being more nauseous than usual. If that wasn't a side effect I would take them medicine every day to get relief from the pain I've been having. But I'm only 23 and have had such a crappy quality of life for the last seven years that I'm not willing to risk adding more nausea. Stopped taking it after 3 doses."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia: "I was having really bad back pain, it was hard to walk, sit, lay, or even move. Went to the Dr. and he prescribed me this medication. It helped me within the first dose. I couldn't believe it helped that quickly. Only side effect I had was a bit of sleepiness and they tasted disgusting. Take with milk or juice because it will linger in your mouth for a long time."

Mandy90 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Gout, Acute: "My first experience with gout. Woke up with left foot pain, thought I got a spider bite while I slept. Quickly worsened where walking was very difficult. Called a foot and ankle specialist who got me in that day. He identified condition as gout prescribed MethylPREDNISolone Tablets 4mg dose pack. Instructed to take initial dose at once with my dinner meal. The pain, swelling, discomfort subsided quickly and by next morning little discomfort remained. Completed the course of medication over the six days but condition was resolved in two days. This medication worked very well for me."

Tom S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I only gave it an 8 because of the side affects, flush felling, puffy face, hunger, etc, but I was in severe pain from an autoimmune issue. My back went out which in turn made my inflammation all over my body react so the pain became unbearable. This has happened 2 times and after only the 1st day, I began to feel relief, and after day 6 I felt like a teenager again, not an old lady who can't move, so, as I don't want to be on it forever, it sure beats feeling like I can't go on anymore because of the pain."

Justmepainfree2 May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a severe reaction to the Levaquin antibiotic (Levaquin toxicity) and it took 4.5-years to regain physical strength. I was working again, then my dentist prescribed methylprednisone (for numbness after dental surgery) and within 4-days I began relapsing into severe muscle weakness. I fainted multiple times driving, had temporary blindness in one eye and have had to stop working due to continued muscle weakness."

MedrolafterLevaquin May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "OMG! This drug is GREAT immediately felt relief, by the next day swelling was almost all gone and just a little sore."

stillo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night."

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed the 15mg dose pack for 6 days that tapers off. After the first day of taking 6 doses, I noticed a little relief. I'm on the third day now which is 4 doses, and I'm noticing even more relief from the pain. On the 4 th day I will take 3 doses, on the 5th day, I will take 2 doses, and then on the 6th day I will take one dose and I will be done. I am also taking meloxicam so I am not sure if that's helping as well. I am concerned about weight gain, but so far I have not experienced any side effects. The doses are easy to take and I'm hoping by the time I finish, the inflammation is gone and I'm feeling normal again. When all else fails, I would recommend this 15mg 6pak to anyone that has inflammation with unbearable pain."

RFBB April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking methylprednisolone on and off for years. Yet every doctor that gives it to me always says "now we don't want to stay on this too long because it has side effects". Well, that's like saying don't drink poison u might get a stomach ache. Out of about forty side effects I had at least ten, and the most painful. Not realizing the cause the more pills I took, the worse the pain got. My advice to ANYONE don't take methylprednisolone for any reason EVER"

Lyn1 April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have severe COPD that was exacerbated by broncholitis, which landed me in the hospital. It has really helped reduce the inflammation in my lungs, and I can finally breathe again. I am on a pretty high IV dose, but they are treating me well. It certainly has side effects. My gut is all pooched out, and I gained SEVEN pounds in a week. Major bloat going on. Heartburn, too. It makes me a little hyper, and my skin is sensitive. I have a back/shoulder ache, but that could be the hospital bed. I hope the side effects go away when I am off of it, but at least I can breathe again."

Mindypin (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was prescribed for back pain. My legs hurt so bad I can't even walk! I can't sleep it hurts so bad. I am not finishing this script and I will never take it again."

Jess12345 March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Prior to my scheduled doctors appointment I developed an allergic reaction that caused my skin to itch & flare up. My doctor then prescribed this medication to me to help with the itching, rash, & my swollen glands. The first day of taking it I felt off. Earlier in the day I felt hot like I was experiencing a possible hot flash (I'm only 29) my face then became hot & red as though I had been out in the sun for too long. I felt light headed, dizzy, unbalanced. I just didn't feel like me. The next day, I didn't feel hot though I felt tired very very tired. I also felt hungry. I was on edge, I felt so anxious & irritable. I stopped taking it. I will be calling my doctors office tomorrow. I would rather have swollen glands & itchy skin."

Wendy. March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for : "Had injected into spine via epidural steroid injection RUINED LIFE!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have arthritis in my neck/upper back that comes and goes. The pain clinic prescribed a dose pack. It worked extremely well. When the pain comes back I take another dose pack. No more then twice a year right now. I have the usual side effects - sleeplessness, jitters, and hunger."

David Meyers (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Recently prescribed by foot and ankle doctor. Have been on medication for 5 days; seems to be helping a great deal. Have not experienced any aide effects yet."

Philly Guy March 7, 2017