User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Asthma, Maintenance 10.0
Ulcerative Colitis, Active 1 reviews 31 medications
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 7.1 361 reviews

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

ALICIA August 2, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My skin is so dry it hurts and my nose will not stop running it's like a faucet really annoying.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “Was hesitant to take Medrol Dosepak for my lower back pain after reading other reviews. I took the Medrol Dosepak and the only possible side effect was minor stomach pain. Also, it helped fix my back pain after one day.”

EmJay · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I’ve been suffering with really bad allergies for a whole year. A year later, COVID happened and during the quarantine my eczema started flaring up badly, specifically on my eyelids. It’s BAD BAD. Super red and itchy to the point where my eyelids swell up as if I’ve been punched. A dermatologist has given me a shot (forgot the name of it) which helped for a week and my eyelids where back to square one. Then he gave me the medrol dose pack (started with 6 pills the first day) and again, by the last pill on the 6th day, I can feel my eyelids itching. The following day my eyes were on fire! Back to square one, AGAIN. It worked within the week of taking the pills but didn’t last afterwards.”

Lulu June 29, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “My husband has been having a gout attack for over a month, pain just jumping from knee to his toe from left to right leg. His rheumatologist prescribed him this med is day 3 and not too much improved. I am hoping for a better outcome when he finishes the pills, another 2 more days ”

Sissakaye · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Pleased at results of methylprednisolone for my acute sinusitis, would recommend this short term, tailored dose. No negative side effects when tapered.”

Dave June 21, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I took this stuff for a knee injury did nothing but made me sick does not work”

Cant breathe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Asthma: “If you have any breathing issues, this could save your life I promise! Miracle drug and not a narcotic so idk why they don't prescribe it when its desperately needed. I will say be cautious of side effects short term-jittery long term- bloating but for a life without oxygen is worth it. LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE, GIVE IT A COUPLE DAYS”

RoadToRecovery · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

For Neuralgia: “I was having terrible neck and shoulder pain that would wake me from a sound sleep. I thought it was a pinched nerve, but an MRI showed a cervical spinal tumor. First my GP gave me narcotics, but despite increasing strengths and doses, did little to nothing for the pain. When I finally saw the neuro, he prescribed Methylprednisolone. I began to feel relief within hours if taking the first dose! That night I slept for 6 hours, the first time in months. The second night I slept 7 hours. I would have been unable to bear the pain until the time of my surgery without this med. I also experienced no side effects on it.”

M · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “This makes my face red, makes me jittery, almost like I’m having a panic attack. And I get small headaches in different parts of my head. Try to avoid.”

GaryQ · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “Terrible pain in my toe next to the big toe, all red and swollen bump in the front. I went the weekend not being to walk except on my heel. I did a teletalk with my Dr on Monday and he prescribed it. 4 hours later I can walk again! So far no side effects.”

Chatlrs · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “I had an acute gout flare up in my left big toe that started Monday evening, so I went to a local urgent care and was prescribed Methylprednisolne on Wednesday afternoon, and within an hour, the pain had started to subside significantly! I took all 6 pills before bedtime, and woke up the following morning feeling nearly 100% better! This was my first time taking this med and I will definitely ask for it again if I have another gout flare up!”

Dana · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I am 49 and was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my left hip and have been in pain for the last 1 1/2 years trying several medications with no help. I can no longer walk without my cane have constant spasms and not being able to get up from sitting position for at least an hour with horrible pain. I've also been given 3 cortisone injections I was given the 4 mg dose pack of methylprednisolone and after my first dose I had 85% of my pain and stiffness gone!!!! I did experience some mood changes happy one min then crying the next and my face was flushed. It has been so long since I have felt this good and feeling very little pain that the two side effects I experienced were with it!!!!!!”

Freddiej · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

For Neuralgia: “I was experiencing terrible headaches daily and up to twice daily. They would occur above right eye and temple area, had CT scans, other xrays, pain meds the whole gammit. Doctor referred me to a neurologist and she prescribed methylprednisione for me, very simple it RESOLVED my headaches. I am 67 years old and never had headaches and this was kind of scary for me but this doctor knows what she is doing after day 1 the headaches stopped and went headache free for about 6 months or so, it has started again but she refilled my script and once again after day one my headaches stopped completely. These headaches would happen once/twice daily and the pain relief I found that worked was good old aspirin, anyway it works for me and no side effects.”

chip · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “Got a bee sting so prescribed this. Day one of methylpredisolone and only have taking 4 of the six prescribed for day one. Every time I take the required dosage I experience heart palpitations that go away in a short time. Not comfortable with the reaction Will stop taking meds and have notified my PCP.”

Katie · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I had my wisdom teeth removed and my dentist prescribed methylprednisolone for the swelling. I've always tried to find new things to help clear my eczema but this was one I didn't even see coming. By day six my eczema has cleared up tremendously. I just wish I could get more to clear it up. I didn't get any negative side effects. I hope this helps!”

Hol · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Asthma: “Just started taking methylprednisolone for severe allergies and beginning asthma. When does the dizziness and slight headache stop.”

Nate April 8, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Dr prescribed methylprednisolone for my sinus ear congestion. Ears in pain, popping eustachian tube and off and on sudden blocked sinus that seals shut and or reopens instantly. Clogged = severe ear pressure which creates my anxiety issues to go through the roof with panic. 1st day of prednisone I was expecting a nightmare after reading all the bad reviews. By my 4the pill on the first day I began feeling ear relief. By day 2 midday I had ZERO pain or pressure in my ear. I'm also type 2 diabetic. It did raise my sugars pretty significant so I got around that by eating absolutely zero carbs. No carbs whatsoever and it'll help keep the sugar spiking at bay for the most part. Day 3 felt great. No major anxiety issues except for some mild anxiety. No sleep issues. Doing great. Day 4 still okay. Day 5 I feel ear pressure returning. Sinus swelling beginning again. Day 6 last pill and by end of the day my ear pressure was back. Calling doctor tomorrow to see wtf I can do. I had no major issues.”

Tena March 15, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I got themethylprednisolone injection on the 30 of Jan and I'm still having side effects. I had to go to the emergency room for severe heart burn now I'm having terrible headache the ringing in my ears this is terrible I will never take this drug anymore now I feel so weak ”

Jules · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Orthopaedic surgeon gave me two spinal injections for pain due to much deterioration, arthritis, etc. Wonderful relief !! He also gave me the 4mg methylprednisolone medpak. I put off taking it for many days because my pain was gone & since I read the horrible reviews I only took "one" pill, just 1, and I was jittery & pacing & had to pee every 20 minutes. .....UGH So I thought well maybe after time your body gets used to it & it won't be as bad. Wrong idea big time !!! I couldn't sleep for two days, couldn't concentrate or think straight. So needless to say I stopped taking it.”

Puglady · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Was given 6 day pack of methylprednisolone for costochronditis. I was in so much pain I could barely move without screaming. This medication worked great and am now on day 5 with almost zero pain. It has also helped my joints and energy level as I also have lupus and RA. Haven't felt this good in such a long time.”

Me February 28, 2020

For Dermatologic Lesion: “Got prescribed methylprednisolone for dermatitis on my leg AFTER the hydrocortisone valtrate cream didn’t work. I’m not taking this 6 day pack as these findings from others have me scared me. Hey Doc. It cost me to see you n to pick up prescription but I’m giving it back to you for free!!!”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been suffering, and in agonizing pain. Day and night for the past 15 days. I went to my Orthopedic Surgeon that I've had for more than 10 years who treats a knee problem. I told him about my hip and leg pain[ that was totally unbearable anymore]. He took an x-ray found mild DJD, and did a range of motion test found everything intact. Suggested this drug methylprednisolone. I filled the prescription that day. After one day I was out of PAIN. I WAS ABLE TO SLEEP THE VERY FIRST NIGHT. So thankful for my Dr. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR.”

Thejudge · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “Hi was prescribed this medication for a suspected pinched nerve(s) in my back. I was suffering enough symptoms to send me the ER. I am only on day 2 of 6 and although I feel a bit amped up my symptoms have already gotten better. I will cross my fingers this does the trick. I'm thankful it's only a 6 day course.”

Guthrie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been taking this medication for about 6 weeks. Prior to taking this I was unable to get out of bed by myself or even lift a cup of coffee because of a severe RA flare. I am 63, but feel like I’m 35 again. Energy is back, pain is gone, my mood has greatly improved. I have had no side effects,I even lost a few pounds, likely because I can be active again without pain. Life changer for me!”

Megan February 15, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have back and neck pain after car accident. On day 2 of methylprednisolone and this medication has not been helpful. It given me diarrhea and I am still in major pain. Now I am unable to stop taking it with out doctors orders and cannot take anything to help the pain due to the other interactions.”