User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 232 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 12 reviews 882 medications

5.7
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 190 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I started having inflammation in both of my shoulders where I had a very hard time raising my arms to apply deodorant. I also had pain behind my knees where I could kneel but I could not sit on my heels as the pain from inflammation was so bad. I also had a hard time moving my wrists from inflammation. I also had pain on the sides of my hips evenly which was scary. I had tests done many times for R/A and Osteo and I was told that I did not have either one but something was causing inflammation which in turn caused pain and stiffness. After taking the first day of a 6-day 4 mg Medrol does pac, I felt 10X better. It was like a miracle drug with no negative side effects for me."

wmstwn76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My foot doctor put me on this medicine for inflammation. My feet have arthritis, plus I have arthritis in my spine, neck etc. I am amazed at how much better I can walk. I was getting so stiff and in pain, that I could barely walk at work, around 2-3 pm. Can you take this all the time, or just with flare ups?"

Seashel2001 May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My doctor put me in this to see for sure if I have lupus or a rheumatoid disease. He said if it made me feel better then I probably did. This drug definitely took away my pain and stiffness. I have bad pain in my left knee that radiates up my hip but that's from a torn meniscus that I'm receiving survey for next week. The other pain is pretty okay. But I can't handle the side effects. As someone who is always nauseous, I can't handle being more nauseous than usual. If that wasn't a side effect I would take them medicine every day to get relief from the pain I've been having. But I'm only 23 and have had such a crappy quality of life for the last seven years that I'm not willing to risk adding more nausea. Stopped taking it after 3 doses."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuralgia: "I was having really bad back pain, it was hard to walk, sit, lay, or even move. Went to the Dr. and he prescribed me this medication. It helped me within the first dose. I couldn't believe it helped that quickly. Only side effect I had was a bit of sleepiness and they tasted disgusting. Take with milk or juice because it will linger in your mouth for a long time."

Mandy90 May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Gout, Acute: "My first experience with gout. Woke up with left foot pain, thought I got a spider bite while I slept. Quickly worsened where walking was very difficult. Called a foot and ankle specialist who got me in that day. He identified condition as gout prescribed MethylPREDNISolone Tablets 4mg dose pack. Instructed to take initial dose at once with my dinner meal. The pain, swelling, discomfort subsided quickly and by next morning little discomfort remained. Completed the course of medication over the six days but condition was resolved in two days. This medication worked very well for me."

Tom S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I only gave it an 8 because of the side affects, flush felling, puffy face, hunger, etc, but I was in severe pain from an autoimmune issue. My back went out which in turn made my inflammation all over my body react so the pain became unbearable. This has happened 2 times and after only the 1st day, I began to feel relief, and after day 6 I felt like a teenager again, not an old lady who can't move, so, as I don't want to be on it forever, it sure beats feeling like I can't go on anymore because of the pain."

Justmepainfree2 May 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a severe reaction to the Levaquin antibiotic (Levaquin toxicity) and it took 4.5-years to regain physical strength. I was working again, then my dentist prescribed methylprednisone (for numbness after dental surgery) and within 4-days I began relapsing into severe muscle weakness. I fainted multiple times driving, had temporary blindness in one eye and have had to stop working due to continued muscle weakness."

MedrolafterLevaquin May 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gout, Acute: "OMG! This drug is GREAT immediately felt relief, by the next day swelling was almost all gone and just a little sore."

stillo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night."

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed the 15mg dose pack for 6 days that tapers off. After the first day of taking 6 doses, I noticed a little relief. I'm on the third day now which is 4 doses, and I'm noticing even more relief from the pain. On the 4 th day I will take 3 doses, on the 5th day, I will take 2 doses, and then on the 6th day I will take one dose and I will be done. I am also taking meloxicam so I am not sure if that's helping as well. I am concerned about weight gain, but so far I have not experienced any side effects. The doses are easy to take and I'm hoping by the time I finish, the inflammation is gone and I'm feeling normal again. When all else fails, I would recommend this 15mg 6pak to anyone that has inflammation with unbearable pain."

RFBB April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking methylprednisolone on and off for years. Yet every doctor that gives it to me always says "now we don't want to stay on this too long because it has side effects". Well, that's like saying don't drink poison u might get a stomach ache. Out of about forty side effects I had at least ten, and the most painful. Not realizing the cause the more pills I took, the worse the pain got. My advice to ANYONE don't take methylprednisolone for any reason EVER"

Lyn1 April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have severe COPD that was exacerbated by broncholitis, which landed me in the hospital. It has really helped reduce the inflammation in my lungs, and I can finally breathe again. I am on a pretty high IV dose, but they are treating me well. It certainly has side effects. My gut is all pooched out, and I gained SEVEN pounds in a week. Major bloat going on. Heartburn, too. It makes me a little hyper, and my skin is sensitive. I have a back/shoulder ache, but that could be the hospital bed. I hope the side effects go away when I am off of it, but at least I can breathe again."

Mindypin (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Was prescribed for back pain. My legs hurt so bad I can't even walk! I can't sleep it hurts so bad. I am not finishing this script and I will never take it again."

Jess12345 March 29, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Prior to my scheduled doctors appointment I developed an allergic reaction that caused my skin to itch & flare up. My doctor then prescribed this medication to me to help with the itching, rash, & my swollen glands. The first day of taking it I felt off. Earlier in the day I felt hot like I was experiencing a possible hot flash (I'm only 29) my face then became hot & red as though I had been out in the sun for too long. I felt light headed, dizzy, unbalanced. I just didn't feel like me. The next day, I didn't feel hot though I felt tired very very tired. I also felt hungry. I was on edge, I felt so anxious & irritable. I stopped taking it. I will be calling my doctors office tomorrow. I would rather have swollen glands & itchy skin."

Wendy. March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for : "Had injected into spine via epidural steroid injection RUINED LIFE!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have arthritis in my neck/upper back that comes and goes. The pain clinic prescribed a dose pack. It worked extremely well. When the pain comes back I take another dose pack. No more then twice a year right now. I have the usual side effects - sleeplessness, jitters, and hunger."

David Meyers (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Recently prescribed by foot and ankle doctor. Have been on medication for 5 days; seems to be helping a great deal. Have not experienced any aide effects yet."

Philly Guy March 7, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, acute: "I got the flu and my lungs were so tight the doctor couldn't even hear my wheeze anymore and I could barely breathe. I felt like I only had the use of the upper 1/4 of my lungs. I was told that I would have to go to the ER if I got any worse. I was worried about steroid side effects because I had a very bad experience with regular prednisone in the past (worst headache of my life and mood issues). Thankfully the medrol dose pack 4mg worked really well for me with no side effects except maybe some sweating (could also be from the flu). On the first day I took the 6 pills, 2 at a time and it had an effect within the first hour. On the third day I felt like my lung capacity was back to normal. It also helped with the muscle pain from coughing."

Megan C (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I started taking this today went to the Dr they have me a steroid shot and then prescribed me this, cause I'm breaking out in hives all over, it has helped a bit but still breaking out in hives and feel tingly, but the side effects suck cause I have a newborn to take care of and I feel wired. I feel sweaty and nervous, I pray this really works to get rid of my hives I'm so tired of itching!"

Douglasb (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed this yesterday at urgent care for a very slow growing allergic reaction since it was starting to affect my throat. I felt instantly better during the first day and dealt with the common side effects with appetite change and sweating which I was okay with. When I woke up though on the second day though, my chest had unusual palpitations and it's making me lethargic and my mood is pretty numbed. My doctor warned me of all the side effects, but the palpitations aren't a part of it so I'm worried. If it doesn't get better before I take my second pill for the second day I'm going back. It sucks because this medication was really working. I'd rather have prednisone instead, that worked before and less effects."

Yura2 February 15, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, acute: "I have asthma that gets worse in the winter. I have had a flare up that has been bothering me for the past 4 months, since it got cold. This is the 2nd time the MethylPrednisone pack has been prescribed for me - I've taken prednisone in the past, but not the "pack" - and both times I've had a raging headache. I don't know if it's this specific formulation, from this specific company, or what, because I've taken prednisone many times over the past 25 years, and never had a problem like this before. But both times it has been horrible, like my head was just going to explode! Within half an hour after taking the first dose, it was really bad. Not so bad on successive days, but then again, the dose tapers down and is less every day."

PixilDot (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a small cut under my left eye around my birthday (Dec 10th) which then progressed into a full blown swollen eye, it was so bad that I was up all night crying. And not mostly because people stared at me, or didn't want to get "infected" by being too close. My initial diagnosis was celulitis and that was an infection so I was not prescribed this medication yet. It kept getting worse, and soon spread to the other eye. I went to the Ophthalmologist and me gave me a steroidal eye cream after re-diagosing me with Contact dermatitis. It was hell for 3 full weeks. I went back to the doctor, this is now going on 2 months. She gave me this medication and in 1 day I could notice a difference. BUT the pills taste AWFUL like chewing aspirin."

Mamabearof2boyz January 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My doctor prescribed me methylprednisolone for a sinus infection after an antibiotic did not work. I have had two cervical fusion operations and am fused from C4-8. I have had pain in my neck for 5 years, ever since the second surgery. I am on the second day of the steroid and have no discomfort in my neck. I can't believe it and it is too good to be true. Wondering how long this will last."

Matt415 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "WARNING! I was prescribed a medrol dosepak a year ago for sinusitis. Everything was fine until about the 5th day. I slipped into a very deep depression for the first time in my life. I became suicidal and felt like crying 24 hours a day for 2 weeks. I endured the crisis and eventually the depression resolved. Through support and prayer I overcame but it was touch and go for a while. I developed an anxiety disorder after that event that still persists. Be very mindful of the psychiatric issues that steroids may cause. From my research, it is very common to become hypomanic and less common to become Clinically depressed. It will resolve over time. Just hang in there if it happens to you."

No medrol dosepak (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, acute: "I have been experiencing extreme stomach pain and heart palpation as well as a little more time in the bathroom then usual. I'm usually given Prednisone and I do fine but this is not settling well. Extremely nervous!"

Luhu (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017