User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

1 review 307 medications
Ulcerative Colitis, ActiveNot rated - Be the first1 review 30 medications
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 7.2 274 reviews

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: "This medicine helped my asthmatic flare up and breathing. The site where injection was done was painful. The results of this medicine was a blessing of relief!"

Stelladora (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2019

For Gout, Acute: "I’ve been getting more and more gout flare ups recently like two a month, in hands, knees and big toes. There are days that I can barely walk. I stopped drinking alcohol completely, I watch my diet and I still get frequent flare ups. My Dr always gave me Colcrys and that usually did the trick, but lately my body doesn’t seem to respond to that medication. I went to a rheumatologist and she prescribes for gout methylprednisolone 4MG and it works I felt better within a few hours after taking my first dose. I had no side effects except maybe for some gas. I know by reading the reviews that some people may not have the same results because everybody is different, but like I said it worked for me. So if you have painful gout flare ups like me, you should give it a try."

Acorso April 5, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Got prescribed methylprednisolone after oral surgery. After just a few hours I was feeling great, even my knee was feeling good which I had been suffering pain from a torn meniscus - I wish I would have known about this sooner"

D March 24, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given this medicine for a severe sinus infection. 1st night couldn’t sleep, 2nd night wide awake maybe 3 hours of sleep. 3rd day stopped taking the bags under my eyes and dizzy felling is horrible. How fast can I get this out of my system."

Kristy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "The most horrible experience of my life. A horrible drug! I was given for a sinus infection. I paced, pulled my hair, couldn't sleep for a week, and couldn't eat. Four 911 calls, four trips to the ER. I was finally told to stop taking methylprednisolone. The I had withdrawals from stopping cold turkey and felt like I was suffocating and was going to die. Went to a different ER and was given a XANAX to get me through."

Linda (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a Degenerative Disc in my lower back and struggled 3 years with acute pain initially, then chronic pain that sometimes was intolerable. I tried everything (physical therapies, NSAID's, even Opioids ,however everything had temporarily relieve until I was advised to try this 6 days pack. I can't believe its been 9 months pain free life, and I went back to gym and I feel great. I really hope that pain will never come back !"

Elle (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "From the first dose I got a lot of physical energy - which was great after being exhausted for a long time. Same time, it made me so irritable and depressed, I was climbing through the ceilings. After a couple of hours, it calmed down, but then I broke out in a skin rash. NEVER AGAIN."

katvero (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Doc injected my hip (which needs to be replaced) to alleviate pain. I was a fool for allowing him to inject me! Within 2 days, the anxiety was so bad I couldn’t leave the house. Pain did diminish, however. Three weeks later, I’d put on five lbs, breast were swollen/tender and my hair was shedding. Two months later, I herniated two discs and against my better judgment (I was bedridden w pain) and took Medrol pack. Three weeks later and the same side effects are tormenting me!! I’d rather be in pain than deal w side effects. For me, steroids are the worst!"

Magnolia 2263 February 15, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Neuralgia: "Awful Awful stuff, sent me into severe psychosis for two weeks, constant anxiety and panic attacks, visual and auditory hallucinations.. Practically ruined my life!!"

Gen (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

For Psoriasis: "Did not help at all."

Rach (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had Acute Sciatic Nerve Pain. While this drug did help slightly with the inflammation, the psychological side effects outweighed the benefits for me. It made me nauseous, sweaty and edgy. It also aggravated my anxiety disorder severely. I would not use this medicine again."

Flake (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have rheumatoid arthritis and had an awful flare up. The pain in my lower back, shoulders and knee was unbearable. Took the first dose and started feeling better. The second days dose and I'm pain free. Highly recommend it"

Anonymous January 30, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This is some grim stuff. I was prescribed the 16mg tablets for allergic rhinitis, which comes and goes every now and then. First day I took it.. very hefty headache and some trouble sleeping that night. I thought 'Was that the medicine I took, or did I just lack fluids today?'. I left it for a few days, took 1 again today. Nope. Not good at all. I feel like I've been beaten up. Head ache, lower back aches, legs ache, got no mental clarity. If anyone suffers from allergic rhinitis like myself, consider the fluticasone fuorate nasal spray. That's been excellent for me."

mercer18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Hey first day I took this I was feeling dizzy couldn’t go to sleep and I told my doctor and she told me to stop taking it. After a day later I was feeling like my heart was beating abnormal and feeling so much anxiety and discomfort on my left leg. Don’t take it I’m crying"

Naz (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Got the 6-day pack yesterday afternoon. Since no one told me different, I did as the package suggested and took all 6 pills last night (dose of 4 then 2 later on). Felt OK that night. Woke up with brain fog this morning, took the one with breakfast, brain fog stuck around (still around this afternoon). Stopped taking it, called my doctor."

andyinsdca (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This was prescribed to me due to pinched nerve in my neck as well as lower back pain. I Love It ! I feel so much better I'm going to see if there is a prescription that can be taken on a regular daily basis. It helped me to get back to my normal personality as well as zero pain. I feel great. No side affects, energy and I sleep like a baby. I was prescribed the 4 mg... 6 day pack. Highly recommend*****"

Lesa (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "After three days on this medication, I literally got my life and sanity back. My pain was not allowing me to stand, sit lie, sleep....... Not sure I can take long term, but great relief until my surgery date."

Douglas (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For Asthma, acute: "I have taken this medicine for bronchitis as I was supposed to do. I do not like the side effects. Last night I woke up five times drenched in sweat. I couldn't get enough water in me. For the past 2 days my face is swollen and red. I've been shaking, confused, nauseous with a bad headache. I do not like this medicine"

Seg January 5, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Diagnosed with tendonitis in my foot. Seeing no difference in the level of pain after taking the drug 6 days. Thinking maybe it's a stress fracture. No noticeable side effects yet and today is the last day."

KB (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "43 year old black female 5"4, 138 lbs. Just completed 6 day pack to treat inflammation c6 nerve. Helped subside sharp pain in left arm/shoulder. Just tingliness. Couldn't sleep. Now have severe heartburn, nausea and headache."

GERD, Insomnia & Headaches November 8, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Got the injection in gluteus Maximus on Tuesday, Oct 30, 2018... immediately felt like I could breathe better. Next day had really bad jitters, flushing in my face and unable to sleep. After that started having pain in my neck and arm on left side, stomach felt like it was tight and going to burst... 5 days later still feeling very jittery/shaky on the inside and very tired... will NEVER be getting this again... hopefully the side effects subside"

Britt (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Neuralgia: "Midway thru I started having blurry vision, when I finished the course I still have the vision problem. Now I am being told to go to eye Dr. to have my eyes checked. The FDA said I shouldn't be having this problem on a short course only with one pack (21 pills). Now I am worried, will this cause me to have damage to my eyes. If I knew this I would have never taken this damn stuff"

CHUCKIE (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a severe sinus infection and deviated septum that made my whole face swell up. I’ve never had any problems with medications my whole life until this bad boy. I’ve only slept an hour of two a night (even after I discontinued it) and my stomach hurts so bad at night, I've almost driven myself back up to the hospital twice. The side effects are NOT WORTH THE RESULTS. Also severe constipation and mood swings out the cazoo"

Sky (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been on the 6 day dose package of Medrol for asthma on & off for many years. I discovered that it also helps the inflammation in my joints. I go from having to use inhalers & a neubulizer albuterol machine for my asthma to completely normal. It helps my arthritic knees and gives me energy. I can't take cortisone shots in my knees but every 3 months. The doctor doesn't like to give me Medrol often either, because it can cause your sugar to run high (I'm Type II Diabetic) and it can cause you to gain weight. The weight gain is not so evident, but my blood sugar does run higher. That's the only bad side to this medication. Otherwise, I would love to take it ALL the time. I sleep better and I feel more myself. My neck was also hurting me before I started taking it two days ago. Hope this helps someone!"

atpoem2003 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I feel like this drug is a miracle drug. I know it's not good for long term use but the 6 day pack of 4 mg tablets makes me feel like a new person almost immediately. I have been taking it after shoulder surgery because I have had a lot of pain in my hand and inflammation. This is the third time I have taken the six day dosage since surgery 8 weeks ago but it relieves my pain really well for about 2 weeks. I have not noticed any side effects. I'm not sure if it affects my sleep because I have not been sleeping much because of shoulder pain anyway. I wish it was a more permanent fix but it's great for temporary relief while the shoulder heals and allows me to work on my physical therapy exercises more and use my hand more."

KC October 4, 2018