User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 251 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 10 reviews 879 medications

6.2
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 176 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have arthritis in my neck/upper back that comes and goes. The pain clinic prescribed a dose pack. It worked extremely well. When the pain comes back I take another dose pack. No more then twice a year right now. I have the usual side effects - sleeplessness, jitters, and hunger."

David Meyers (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Recently prescribed by foot and ankle doctor. Have been on medication for 5 days; seems to be helping a great deal. Have not experienced any aide effects yet."

Philly Guy March 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, acute: "I got the flu and my lungs were so tight the doctor couldn't even hear my wheeze anymore and I could barely breathe. I felt like I only had the use of the upper 1/4 of my lungs. I was told that I would have to go to the ER if I got any worse. I was worried about steroid side effects because I had a very bad experience with regular prednisone in the past (worst headache of my life and mood issues). Thankfully the medrol dose pack 4mg worked really well for me with no side effects except maybe some sweating (could also be from the flu). On the first day I took the 6 pills, 2 at a time and it had an effect within the first hour. On the third day I felt like my lung capacity was back to normal. It also helped with the muscle pain from coughing."

Megan C (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I started taking this today went to the Dr they have me a steroid shot and then prescribed me this, cause I'm breaking out in hives all over, it has helped a bit but still breaking out in hives and feel tingly, but the side effects suck cause I have a newborn to take care of and I feel wired. I feel sweaty and nervous, I pray this really works to get rid of my hives I'm so tired of itching!"

Douglasb (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed this yesterday at urgent care for a very slow growing allergic reaction since it was starting to affect my throat. I felt instantly better during the first day and dealt with the common side effects with appetite change and sweating which I was okay with. When I woke up though on the second day though, my chest had unusual palpitations and it's making me lethargic and my mood is pretty numbed. My doctor warned me of all the side effects, but the palpitations aren't a part of it so I'm worried. If it doesn't get better before I take my second pill for the second day I'm going back. It sucks because this medication was really working. I'd rather have prednisone instead, that worked before and less effects."

Yura2 February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, acute: "I have asthma that gets worse in the winter. I have had a flare up that has been bothering me for the past 4 months, since it got cold. This is the 2nd time the MethylPrednisone pack has been prescribed for me - I've taken prednisone in the past, but not the "pack" - and both times I've had a raging headache. I don't know if it's this specific formulation, from this specific company, or what, because I've taken prednisone many times over the past 25 years, and never had a problem like this before. But both times it has been horrible, like my head was just going to explode! Within half an hour after taking the first dose, it was really bad. Not so bad on successive days, but then again, the dose tapers down and is less every day."

PixilDot (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I had a small cut under my left eye around my birthday (Dec 10th) which then progressed into a full blown swollen eye, it was so bad that I was up all night crying. And not mostly because people stared at me, or didn't want to get "infected" by being too close. My initial diagnosis was celulitis and that was an infection so I was not prescribed this medication yet. It kept getting worse, and soon spread to the other eye. I went to the Ophthalmologist and me gave me a steroidal eye cream after re-diagosing me with Contact dermatitis. It was hell for 3 full weeks. I went back to the doctor, this is now going on 2 months. She gave me this medication and in 1 day I could notice a difference. BUT the pills taste AWFUL like chewing aspirin."

Mamabearof2boyz January 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My doctor prescribed me methylprednisolone for a sinus infection after an antibiotic did not work. I have had two cervical fusion operations and am fused from C4-8. I have had pain in my neck for 5 years, ever since the second surgery. I am on the second day of the steroid and have no discomfort in my neck. I can't believe it and it is too good to be true. Wondering how long this will last."

Matt415 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "WARNING! I was prescribed a medrol dosepak a year ago for sinusitis. Everything was fine until about the 5th day. I slipped into a very deep depression for the first time in my life. I became suicidal and felt like crying 24 hours a day for 2 weeks. I endured the crisis and eventually the depression resolved. Through support and prayer I overcame but it was touch and go for a while. I developed an anxiety disorder after that event that still persists. Be very mindful of the psychiatric issues that steroids may cause. From my research, it is very common to become hypomanic and less common to become Clinically depressed. It will resolve over time. Just hang in there if it happens to you."

No medrol dosepak (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, acute: "I have been experiencing extreme stomach pain and heart palpation as well as a little more time in the bathroom then usual. I'm usually given Prednisone and I do fine but this is not settling well. Extremely nervous!"

Luhu (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been to the ER three times in 90 days with horrible sinus pain & pressure. Just finished my third round of augmentin. My ears are still full of fluid & I can hardly hear at all. This steriod has been working so fast! I feel better already & its only been 12 hours on the medicine (4 mg) pills. It does make me feel jittery, but it's definitely worth the side effects. Being sick 90 days is a long time."

Relief 2017 January 1, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have taken for 2 days now it only made it so I cant breathe out of my nose and my ears and hearing are bad I feel almost deaf."

Mich047 December 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The methylpredisone took away all my pain even in the worst places. I did have spasms in my spine that were a bit unnerving. I can only use it one week a month but the break from the pain is a God send."

Llqllb December 30, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Sorry to hear about the discomfort/side effects of others. By the 2nd day on a (generic Medrol dose pack), I breathed a huge sigh of relief.I have wondered why it wasn't offered to me sooner--a real God-send. It has made the biggest difference in my enjoyment of the Holidays. Whether this ends up being temporary or not, it was a nice vacation from pain that was over-riding pain meds. Off I go to my first PT session this afternoon, and I'm not dreading it.--very thankful."

Sciatic-ann (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I strained my back and was in pain every time I moved the wrong way or changed positions, after working too hard on an outdoor project. My PCP prescribed a Methylprednisolone steroid pack. The medication started working the first day and has "loosened my back muscles" and reduced the pain considerably. I have 1 day left of the medication and feel pretty good. I have a history of depression and did feel a little jittery and have trouble getting to sleep, but nothing too bad that I would stop taking the medicine. Also having gas and the medicine is making me hungry. For me benefits definitely outweigh the side effects."

Mike214324435646757 December 22, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had hives and this this cleared it up. Also there was a bonus - my skin which is slightly acne prone on my t zone - has never been so clear as after taking this."

Stas45 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took whole pak over the 5 days for Sciatic nerve pain and numbness and cramps in left calf and foot. It had ZERO effect, I might as well ate Skittles candy."

Terry Alan December 18, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "You have to be self aware. Read the label. It tells you about pre existing conditions and interaction issues. Don't be ignorant have a history of this or that take the med and then complain the medication sucks. Children's aspirin can cause similar side effects if you have a condition that doesn't mix well with it. With that being said I took the 6 pills last night and haven't been able to stand up out of bed without a cane in over six weeks. I woke up this morning and I'm standing freely writing this review with no support. All be it my condition isn't from a sprain or twist or backache. It's from a yet to be determined inflammatory disease that has had me on crutches and canes for the past month and a half. be self aware."

Jimmyknicks December 14, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I constantly over think things, worry and assume I will have every side effect, so I never want to take medication. I had fluid in my middle ear for over 2 years and went to several doctors who basically did nothing. Finally I was prescribed methylprednisolone 4 mg. I researched for days finding every bad side effect but got over myself and took the medicine. I had no nausea, dizziness or heart palpitations. I had a little gas but everything else was fine! It taste terrible but we've all drank way worst things that only have harmed our body. It gave me some relief the first week but now is wearing off. It was a great time treatment!"

Liz T (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The first 28 hrs while i was taking this drug has been devastating for me. I took the drug this morning before breakfast as described & shortly after I was feeling short winded leaned forward to my knees praying to God "why am I feeling this way". It was also feeling like something was flaring up inside my chest and rib cage area. Shortly I called my PCP & they told me to come back"

Bron Bron (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I went into the E.R. on Sept 8th, 2016 for a simple bug bite on my finger that became itchy and swollen after the 3rd evening. Was prescribed MEDROL along with clindamycin, Benedryl and an antacid, none of which I've ever taken in my 39yr of living. After the 1st day I became very emotional, low mood, I just kind of blew it off, 3rd day my weight dropped 7lbs! As of today, Dec 5th, down to 127lbs & normally 138lbs. SEVERE Muscle loss, bulging eye, eyes BLURRY, extreme pressure in my head to the point I can't move sometimes, SHAKINESS depression, HEART PALPITATIONS, bone & joint pain, painful jolts periodically, nausea, black stools, burning back& stomach, diarrhea & constipation, TINGLING, DIZZY."

T. Johnson (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I went to urgent care Dr. Because my primary Dr. Was on vacation. I had seen this Dr. Before when I had a bad case of sinus problem which he gave antibiotics. It cleared me up for 3 weeks and then I had a bad relapse. Went back to the same Dr who prescribed methylprednisolone 4mg dose ok. And stronger antibiotics. Man oh man !! My sciatica was inflamed! I could not sleep had to walk with a cane I was in so much pain I wanted to stop taking them but a nurse said continue to take them cause this medicine works throughout your body a certain way then if it continue see your primary Dr. I'm not finish yet . I had to miss my best friend husband retirement party! And still having issues."

Jerrie7150 December 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia: "I've taken this on and off for Years for sciatica and it does NOTHING for me. It's a waste of money."

Angry and in pain December 1, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gout, Acute: "I've taken this for sciatica in the past and it's been worthless for that. So getting this for gout the first time I wasn't expecting much but hoping to be proven wrong after reading the reviews here. Not at all. My pain is just as bad as before. I should just let my gout runs its course instead, it would feel the same and be cheaper too. This crap is awful and a waste of money. Next time my doctor wants to prescribe me this I will say "no thanks""

Angry and disappointed December 1, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given this medication (4 mg dosepk) by a podiatrist for plantar fascitis pain as I have problems with NSAIDS. The second day I had a very red face and chest. By the end of that day every bone in my face hurt. I had stopped taking it after the morning dose by orders of my pharmacist. But later that day I got a bright pink hot area on my left forearm and also my upper arm muscle area on the right. Day 3 I developed another pink, hot area on the upper left arm and had severe pain in my shoulders, elbows, wrists, and fingers.I went to my primary care doctor's office for followup. They agreed to stop the medication. I had only taken the first full day (6 pills) and 1 the next morning so I didn't think the reaction would last this long."

Yelenie November 15, 2016