User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Predacorten, Solu-Medrol …show all brand names

Atopic Dermatitis

Allergic Rhinitis
5.5

Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 7.6 241 reviews

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Atopic Dermatitis: "It really helped me, I was suffering from dermatitis for two weeks The doctor prescribed it to me and it worked even the first day. What a miracle it is!!! Not any negative effects for me, I highly recommended it."

Nancy August 17, 2018

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for : "I was injected with 160mg of depo medrol after going in for allergies. I felt fine for the first couple hours but then my heart rate started fluctuating between 60-249 BPM. I felt really dizzy, and had chest pain for about two days. I’m now on my 6th day after being on the shot and I’ve been having really bad neck pain and stiff / sore muscle pains although I’m not sure if it’s from the shot."

jc479 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This drug gave me terrible leg pain and knee joint pain. Read up on all the side effects yourself before taking it, if it is given to you."

Bobby844398311 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I have used this medication many times in the past with excellent results. I am now on my 10th day of a gout attack in the knee, and It hasn't helped much. The first day I take 6, I start feeling better, but after that, the pain doesn't decrease."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Given 1 gm/day x3 days intravenously for MS flare. Symptoms relieved quickly. 3 hrs sleep per 24 hr period, strange metallic taste. All with it though."

SophieB (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Before prescribing this medicine my doctor checked my heartbeat and said it was healthy and regular. She prescribed the 21 tablet, 6-day dose which I started the next day. The following morning (today) at 5:30 a.m. I woke up with a pounding, fast, irregular heartbeat. After doing some qigong and praying, an hour later my heart has calmed down but is still irregular."

Concerned (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "DO NOT take this medicine if you are prone to depression and/or anxiety! I was given the six day 10mg dose-pack for costochondritis. Everything was fine while taking it, but a few days after it ended, I began feeling like I had the flu. Then the most awful depression set in with the worst anxiety I've ever had. Insomnia too. Five weeks after finishing, it's still with me. Having to take Xanax and Zoloft now just to survive. I pray that it will go away soon and wish I had never taken this horrible drug. I'm sure it has a place, but not for those with depression or anxiety."

CSA1861 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given this pill for an allergy and I was only able to take the first 2 pills (4mg each) because it gave me high blood pressure so the doctor told me to stop taking it. I'm just concerned if those two pills will have any lasting side effects."

amar78 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This is an amazingly effective treatment for my autoimmune flares. The blister pack is easy to use and understand. It gives me zero negative side effects. The Medrol dosepac I use goes for 6 days and I can feel the improvement towards the end of the first day and it gets better every day. I think it's great and I highly recommend it! I've had to use this treatment 3 times and it's worked every time."

docia (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I get my knees drained and injected just about every 3 months. In between the inflammation in my knees can become almost unbearable at times. I do take a pain med up to 4x a day and have tried many different kinds of anti-inflammatory meds. What the medrol 4mg dose pack did for my body was amazing! I had a few things going on at the time; pneumonia, knee inflammation, swollen legs(minor), and my energy level was just shot due to my whole body aching. After the 2nd day on the dose pack my coughing went away, my knees felt great (stairs were still a bit painful) but overall I had no nagging body aches. It's been about two weeks and I'm still feeling good and taking less pain meds. So I'm not sure what exactly it did, but it really worked great for me."

Ox (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I went to my Neurologist for pain, numbness and weakness in my back and left shoulder. We'll not only did I find I have ortho arthritis but also stenosis. My pain was at a 6-7 when I first saw him and Narco was not helping. He put me on a 6 day course of this med and I took it having low expectations. After only taking dose one I woke up the next day almost pain free! I am on day three with little side affects (trouble sleeping ) and for that I take a muscle relaxer which seems to do the trick. I hope this keeps up and am gratetful that I am feeling much better!"

Brighteyez (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had major pain in my shoulder and had an MRI. I had bulging disks in my neck that caused pain in my left shoulder and I could not function. My doctor prescribed the 6-day pack of Methylprednisolone. I actually got some relief taking the first tablet. After two days my pain was cut in half and after the 6-day regiment I felt 100% better. I get a minor tweak here and there, but what a change from what I was suffering with for months. It has been about 3.5 weeks since the first pill and I feel great. The only symptoms I've experienced are dry skin and tingling down my shoulder and index finger. The pain has not returned."

Corazon (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I’ve been on 4mg of medrol once a day for over ten years. Nothing else gives me the relief I need to get through the day...I’ve weaned off a few times only to go back. I’m aware of all side affects and interactions but nothing else works for me. The day my Dr says I need to get off is the day I look for a new Dr. I have hypothyroidism and have been infected with Epstein Barr in my teens, both of which cause me wide spread inflammation in my soft tissue and joints all over my bodily. This is my miracle medication."

Inflammatory girl (taken for 10 years or more) June 15, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I just had a gout attack last night and woke up at 2:30 AM started to feel badly sore and painful on my right big toe join. The worst ever location of gout attack. Could not barely walk even just 3 meters to bath room. Luckily got some left over Colchicine 0.5 mg so took 1 tablet and forced myself to sleep again but the pain was just a constant through-out morning. Managed to see my internal medicine doctor and prescribed me this Methylprednisolone generic 8mg and took one just after lunch together with Etoricoxib, MSD 90mg and I was awed that 3 hours later the aggravated pain soon soothing off and now I could walk with small steps and the swollen gradually relieved (although still some reddish around the joint). This medicine works like a charm for me.."

MikeDJOJO (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: "Even though this medication helps immensely when my breathing/asthma is restricted beyond control I wish I never had to take it."

Sweet P (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The 6 day pack of methylprednisolone worked to relieve inflammation from sciatica but wish I had not taken it. I felt thirsty all the time, really dry face and hands. On days 3 and 4 my heart rate would spike above 140 without me moving at all shortly after dosing. I also had terrible insomnia, still do a little. The worst part though was the joint pain in my leg and knee. It felt like pain down to the bone but was isolated to the leg with sciatica. It seemed like maybe it amplified the pain 10 fold! Oh and now my knee and toes crack louder than ever before. Been off the pack for 24hrs and the side effects seem to be tapering away. Not sure if not taking the pack would have been worse but overall it sucked pretty bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My foot doctor had me do blood work, to see if I had rheumatoid arthritis. My blood work show the inflammation markers high. He said that I had inflammation in my body. He prescribed me the 6 day methylprednisolone pack. On the second day I felt like a teenager. No pain at all. The doctor says I can't take the medicine long term. I wish I could. Because once I stopped the pain came back. I don't take pain killers. So now I am wondering what I can do for the pain."

Geri (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My side effects are mood swings, depression and elation, night sweats, panic attacks. Also or the whole month I did not drive car as I felt I could not make quick decisions. I forgot important things I needed to do. Asked doctor if I could stop sooner, but had to decrease slowly. By the time I finished it took me more than a month to feel normal."

Crazy pills (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "The first day, I didn't sleep well. On day two, I started to have a lot less pain in my leg and foot. Today is day four, and happy to say that the meds have given me lots of relief! This is much more convenient than getting pain injections, although I'm not sure how often I can take them, yet & not sure how long the effects will last. If you have chronic pain, I highly recommend this medication."

Berna (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Depo medrol is a nightmare drug which makes my skin extremely dry, flakey, and peeling. This drug has messed up my bowels causing extreme gas and bloating plus sticky stools plus I have to use the bathroom all day some days and my anus will itch. I suggested maybe I have worms but three stool samples say I don't. I feel chronically tired and hurt everywhere and now I have daily headaches. This drug makes me think slow and feel dumb. So depressing. Been to a few doctors and all they care about is a colostomy which I feel is not the antidote for these bad side effects I've had for well over a year. I complained about these side effects after I was first given these injections and the doctor turned a blind eye to them and kept giving me depo medrol for over a year. I wonder if the doctor is keeping me sick to make money off of me."

jj April 24, 2018

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took this for one day only and experienced far worse symptoms. My heart was racing the entire night; I felt like I was having a heart attack. I had severe anxiety, I was sweaty, yet had the chills. I slept maybe 1 hour the entire night and tossed and turned hundreds of times. I felt sick to my stomach with overbearing nausea. I experienced abdominal pain the next day. I am discontinuing taking this. I would not recommend it to anyone."

YoungGal (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Since my surgery 4 months ago for prostate surgery I haven’t been able to sleep in bed, have been sleeping in my chair because of the pain in my hips, knees , shoulder and lower back. My doctor proscribed this and within hours my pain is gone and I slept all night in bed."

Jeff (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: "Miracle for acute asthma attack"

HLAB27+ (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I went to the dr. for a shot in my foot for a spur. I was given this steroid pack for the inflammation in my heal. I also suffer from severe back pain. Went to a pain Dr. he wanted to burn my nerves in my back I did not do it, I went to an orthopedic Dr. had injections in my lower back. Nothing worked. But this made me feel 95% better! It had also took the pain away in my lower back! No more pain! From what I read it will wear off and I will be back in pain in a few weeks. I dread that day. I have had no side affects other then a little tongue dryness (like a baby thrush), went a way within an hour and a little bit of sweating but I had worse during menopause, a little bit of insomnia but I took a half of melatonin to help with sleep just for one night and was fine. I didn't not get the hunger attack everyone else did, it was the opposite. I did have one down time as I was coming to the end of my medication."

Tree (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a slight tear in my medial collateral ligament (MCL) and needed Knee brace to get around. On my first day of taking the methylprednisolone pill pack the pain was gone."

Joe (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018