User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Asthma

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Asthma. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Cant breathe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “If you have any breathing issues, this could save your life I promise! Miracle drug and not a narcotic so idk why they don't prescribe it when its desperately needed. I will say be cautious of side effects short term-jittery long term- bloating but for a life without oxygen is worth it. LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE, GIVE IT A COUPLE DAYS”

Kev · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

“I've been taking the methylprednisolone dose pack 4mg for three days now. I feel like it's already ruined my life. I had no prior history of anxiety or panic attacks, but I've woken up every day feeling like I'm going to die of a heart attack since I've taken it. I now have unbearable anxiety, panic and terrifying shortness of breath that is only relieved for brief periods of time by Xanax. I am literally in tears over this as a grown man. I'm afraid to go to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this drug to my worst enemy. Avoid it at all costs.”

Babs53 January 23, 2010

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “My asthma attack and fever of 102.6 started suddenly 1/18/2010. I went to my pulmonary doctor 1/19. I received a Solu-Medrol dosepak. The first days dose is the heaviest. I took it as directed. I had taken 2 doses on the second day when I developed severe chest pains. I returned to my doctor and was admitted to hospital for cardiac work-up. Within 24 hours of tests, I was discharged. I never had any more chest pain after stopping medicine. I must have developed a sensitivity last May when I had pneumonia for 16 days in hospital. My body is very sensitive to medicines. I liked Solu-Medrol. Maybe I have to take it with Benadryl. I don't know until I speak with my doctor on my return visit.”

notforme · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2021

“I was prescribed a medrol dose pack for a sinus infection after taking it for 5 days I felt worse, my whole body hurt, I couldn't walk very well and I couldn't be touched without having pain. I told my Dr about it and was advised the steroid wouldn't cause this, I did quit taking it and it took 3 weeks for me to recovery. Believing my Dr I was once again prescribed the dose pack a few months later, after taking it for 3 days I once again found my lower back and legs in extreme pain, of course I quit taking it immediately and seen a Dr at an immediate care center. They advised me this can happen and wrote it down as an allergy, needless to say I won't be taking this again, the pain has resolved for the most part, only hurting if I use my legs for too long and I still have weakness in my legs when walking. It's only been 3 days since I have quit taking it. I am so glad I listened to my gut this time around. I think it is wonderful that it helps so man y people but medrol is definitely not for me.”

Hol · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Just started taking methylprednisolone for severe allergies and beginning asthma. When does the dizziness and slight headache stop.”

jezza28 March 6, 2013

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Great for asthma.”

medrol March 5, 2009

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Works effectively”