User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Neuralgia

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Depo-Medrol, Solu-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Neuralgia. 57% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.1/10 average rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Neuralgia.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Bill N · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I have a pinched nerve in my neck , the pain radiating into my arm is so intense I had tears in my eyes and I'm a guy who can handle discomfort ! This was unbearable , I couldn't sleep etc . My doctor prescribed me this medrol dose pack. It was and is a good send , a miracle ! First day and after the first few pills I felt brand new again. Zero pain ! Was able to sleep etc however once I ran out the pain came right back , I will need another solution such as a steroid injection etc but man this dose pack is amazing, it just completely stops the pain ! I had no side effects at all. I also received my covid 19 shot while on the dose pack but the doctor said it shouldn't at all interfere so that went well to ! Anyway I was desperate for relief from the intense pain and this dose pack did the trick , fantastic ! But again it's not something you can keep taking so a more permanent solution will be needed .”

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “I have taken this medicine twice in my life. 5 years ago for Bursitis in my hip. Worked like a charm. Pain and misery gone! It takes a day or 2 to get used to medicine. I have a very sensitive system and can't take a lot of pills. Now 5 years later, taking it for pudendal nerve pain and its working on that. I'm on day 5. Doctors have tried me on Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and then asked me to try Lyrica and Cymbalta. I asked my Uro-Gyne to try this med and she said it wouldn't help me. So I asked pain management Doctor to try this and he said "NO one has given you this yet?" Acting shocked and then wrote script immediately. Amitriptyline made me feel like I was having a full blown heart attack, so that was a no go after 1 pill. Gabapentin puts you on planet Pluto and just feels like a band aid thats not actually trying to heal at all. Said NO way to Lyrica and Cymbalta. I think methylprednisolone has been a god send. Really helping nerve/inflammation and still feeling like myself.”

Bo-MT · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2013

“I had severe Sciatic pain for all of 5 months, and after seeing 5 different doctors, the last one had me on the Medrol Pak, and within 7 days, all my pain had completely gone away. No after effects or problems. I had gone through MRIs, and Pressure Cuff tests, Physical Therapy etc. but the only thing that helped rid the pain was; the Medrol Pak therapy. Excellent medicine!”

RoadToRecovery · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

“I was having terrible neck and shoulder pain that would wake me from a sound sleep. I thought it was a pinched nerve, but an MRI showed a cervical spinal tumor. First my GP gave me narcotics, but despite increasing strengths and doses, did little to nothing for the pain. When I finally saw the neuro, he prescribed Methylprednisolone. I began to feel relief within hours if taking the first dose! That night I slept for 6 hours, the first time in months. The second night I slept 7 hours. I would have been unable to bear the pain until the time of my surgery without this med. I also experienced no side effects on it.”

CHUCKIE · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2018

“Midway thru I started having blurry vision, when I finished the course I still have the vision problem. Now I am being told to go to eye Dr. to have my eyes checked. The FDA said I shouldn't be having this problem on a short course only with one pack (21 pills). Now I am worried, will this cause me to have damage to my eyes. If I knew this I would have never taken this damn stuff”

D October 15, 2020

“This drug is terrible! I finally got some courage to take it this morning. Well after taking only 1 four mg pill just 1 I start to feel light headed, somewhat dizzy, and my blood pressure which is always low and normal was 161/98 and a pulse of 112. This was not from me being worried I calmed down and took it like an hour later and it was that high! I can't take this medication! If I took 6 pills at once I probably would have passed out. Also felt twitching in my kidneys probably my adrenals! I started to shiver and felt cold and when people say jittery they mean it, i tried to sit and had to get up which made me feel light headed. I drank 3 bottles of water and started to feel better and my blood pressure decreased as the hours went on. I will deal with nerve pain until EMG to find out what is going on and if possible do injections so that it doesn't go systemic. I still feel tired and a bit cloudy headed, couldn't concentrate AT ALL.”

Freddiej · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

“I was experiencing terrible headaches daily and up to twice daily. They would occur above right eye and temple area, had CT scans, other xrays, pain meds the whole gammit. Doctor referred me to a neurologist and she prescribed methylprednisione for me, very simple it RESOLVED my headaches. I am 67 years old and never had headaches and this was kind of scary for me but this doctor knows what she is doing after day 1 the headaches stopped and went headache free for about 6 months or so, it has started again but she refilled my script and once again after day one my headaches stopped completely. These headaches would happen once/twice daily and the pain relief I found that worked was good old aspirin, anyway it works for me and no side effects.”

PoulosDean314 · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2015

“When younger, I was a competative skier & let's just say falls on your back and Moguls catch up to you. 2014 MRI diagnosed, Congenital (short pedicless) Lumbar Stenosis, Foraminal Stenosis, Facet Disese, T2 hyperintensit 8mm synivoal cyst (lateral recess of exiting L5-S1 roots), also direct pressure on right Faccet. Herniated Disk, level II/L5. Much more, no room, what dd it take an ER Dr. after 11 yrs. after a decade of 5-7 yrs of injections (facets, etc), worse, nacotics, yet a tiny 7 pack, made me feel like 20 again? Why do what are called pain doctors push all these shots combined with narcotics, (which are disgusting), as opposed to long-term therapy with these. Over a 15 Yrs. of my life was wasted until two days ago. Side effects: 0.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

“I think this drug is way overprescribed when you look at all if the terrible side effects. I took the dosepak for only 6 days. It gave me pain in my legs that have not gone away after a month. It makes me worry now a lot. If there are other options to treat an illness or condition consider those before using this or any other steroid. ”

Mandy90 May 11, 2017

“I was having really bad back pain, it was hard to walk, sit, lay, or even move. Went to the Dr. and he prescribed me this medication. It helped me within the first dose. I couldn't believe it helped that quickly. Only side effect I had was a bit of sleepiness and they tasted disgusting. Take with milk or juice because it will linger in your mouth for a long time.”

Gen · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Awful Awful stuff, sent me into severe psychosis for two weeks, constant anxiety and panic attacks, visual and auditory hallucinations.. Practically ruined my life!!”

Jakey · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2020

“I had many side effects from methylprednisolone including pain over my body”

Laurieriver · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2015

“This medication relieved my nerve pain from my neck that was also affecting my arms. It worked almost immediately. I was soon able to turn my head and use my right arm. Just watch for side effects.”

Angry and in pain December 1, 2016

“I've taken this on and off for Years for sciatica and it does NOTHING for me. It's a waste of money.”