User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Neuralgia

Also known as: Medrol Dosepak, Medrol, Solu-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Depo-Medrol

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Neuralgia.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "I have taken this medicine twice in my life. 5 years ago for Bursitis in my hip. Worked like a charm. Pain and misery gone! It takes a day or 2 to get used to medicine. I have a very sensitive system and can't take a lot of pills. Now 5 years later, taking it for pudendal nerve pain and its working on that. I'm on day 5. Doctors have tried me on Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and then asked me to try Lyrica and Cymbalta. I asked my Uro-Gyne to try this med and she said it wouldn't help me. So I asked pain management Doctor to try this and he said "NO one has given you this yet?" Acting shocked and then wrote script immediately. Amitriptyline made me feel like I was having a full blown heart attack, so that was a no go after 1 pill. Gabapentin puts you on planet Pluto and just feels like a band aid thats not actually trying to heal at all. Said NO way to Lyrica and Cymbalta. I think methylprednisolone has been a god send. Really helping nerve/inflammation and still feeling like myself."

Gen · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "Awful Awful stuff, sent me into severe psychosis for two weeks, constant anxiety and panic attacks, visual and auditory hallucinations.. Practically ruined my life!!"

CHUCKIE · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2018

"Midway thru I started having blurry vision, when I finished the course I still have the vision problem. Now I am being told to go to eye Dr. to have my eyes checked. The FDA said I shouldn't be having this problem on a short course only with one pack (21 pills). Now I am worried, will this cause me to have damage to my eyes. If I knew this I would have never taken this damn stuff"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

"I think this drug is way overprescribed when you look at all if the terrible side effects. I took the dosepak for only 6 days. It gave me pain in my legs that have not gone away after a month. It makes me worry now a lot. If there are other options to treat an illness or condition consider those before using this or any other steroid. "

Mandy90 May 11, 2017

"I was having really bad back pain, it was hard to walk, sit, lay, or even move. Went to the Dr. and he prescribed me this medication. It helped me within the first dose. I couldn't believe it helped that quickly. Only side effect I had was a bit of sleepiness and they tasted disgusting. Take with milk or juice because it will linger in your mouth for a long time."

Angry and in pain December 1, 2016

"I've taken this on and off for Years for sciatica and it does NOTHING for me. It's a waste of money."

PoulosDean314 · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2015

"When younger, I was a competative skier & let's just say falls on your back and Moguls catch up to you. 2014 MRI diagnosed, Congenital (short pedicless) Lumbar Stenosis, Foraminal Stenosis, Facet Disese, T2 hyperintensit 8mm synivoal cyst (lateral recess of exiting L5-S1 roots), also direct pressure on right Faccet. Herniated Disk, level II/L5. Much more, no room, what dd it take an ER Dr. after 11 yrs. after a decade of 5-7 yrs of injections (facets, etc), worse, nacotics, yet a tiny 7 pack, made me feel like 20 again? Why do what are called pain doctors push all these shots combined with narcotics, (which are disgusting), as opposed to long-term therapy with these. Over a 15 Yrs. of my life was wasted until two days ago. Side effects: 0."

Laurieriver · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2015

"This medication relieved my nerve pain from my neck that was also affecting my arms. It worked almost immediately. I was soon able to turn my head and use my right arm. Just watch for side effects."

Bo-MT · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2013

"I had severe Sciatic pain for all of 5 months, and after seeing 5 different doctors, the last one had me on the Medrol Pak, and within 7 days, all my pain had completely gone away. No after effects or problems. I had gone through MRIs, and Pressure Cuff tests, Physical Therapy etc. but the only thing that helped rid the pain was; the Medrol Pak therapy. Excellent medicine!"