User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 434 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night."

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prior to my scheduled doctors appointment I developed an allergic reaction that caused my skin to itch & flare up. My doctor then prescribed this medication to me to help with the itching, rash, & my swollen glands. The first day of taking it I felt off. Earlier in the day I felt hot like I was experiencing a possible hot flash (I'm only 29) my face then became hot & red as though I had been out in the sun for too long. I felt light headed, dizzy, unbalanced. I just didn't feel like me. The next day, I didn't feel hot though I felt tired very very tired. I also felt hungry. I was on edge, I felt so anxious & irritable. I stopped taking it. I will be calling my doctors office tomorrow. I would rather have swollen glands & itchy skin."

Wendy. March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this today went to the Dr they have me a steroid shot and then prescribed me this, cause I'm breaking out in hives all over, it has helped a bit but still breaking out in hives and feel tingly, but the side effects suck cause I have a newborn to take care of and I feel wired. I feel sweaty and nervous, I pray this really works to get rid of my hives I'm so tired of itching!"

Douglasb (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken for 2 days now it only made it so I cant breathe out of my nose and my ears and hearing are bad I feel almost deaf."

Mich047 December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went to urgent care Dr. Because my primary Dr. Was on vacation. I had seen this Dr. Before when I had a bad case of sinus problem which he gave antibiotics. It cleared me up for 3 weeks and then I had a bad relapse. Went back to the same Dr who prescribed methylprednisolone 4mg dose ok. And stronger antibiotics. Man oh man !! My sciatica was inflamed! I could not sleep had to walk with a cane I was in so much pain I wanted to stop taking them but a nurse said continue to take them cause this medicine works throughout your body a certain way then if it continue see your primary Dr. I'm not finish yet . I had to miss my best friend husband retirement party! And still having issues."

Jerrie7150 December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given this medicine in the 6 Day Pack for an allergic reaction. Since I started taking this medication I can't sleep, I maybe doze off for 20 minutes if I'm lucky. I feel very hostile and confused, like I can't progress my thoughts at all and I keep forgetting what I'm doing. On top of that I'm experiencing a lot of shortness of breath and every time I stand up I get dizzy. I'm incredibly thirsty and have to use the bathroom more often now since starting to take this medication. I can't wait to be finished with it seeing it's 50/50 helped with my symptoms.. The taste is horrible, like acid in my mouth and I have to take it with milk to make sure it doesn't burn. Since yesterday morning I've developed a short throat and bloating. :/"

ICANTSLEEPNOW October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It made my Trigeminal Neuralgia get so bad after just 2 days of taking the medication. I wake up from a deep sleep and then the pain spasm hits me hard left side of face. I quickly stopped the steroid, but its too late. Its been over a week now, I still have nightly pain spasms from waking up and getting up and moving my neck and head in order to get up. I do not recommend you take this steroid if you have TN. Beware."

Guest TN June 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "This medicine was prescribed to treat Allergic Rhinitis and I have had terrible leg spasms and leg pain. I have eaten potassium-rich foods and have stay led hydrated but the pain will no go away. I cannot sleep due to the leg pain. I will never take this medicine again unless it is for life saving measures."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had ongoing sinus problems that snowballed into a nasty infection. After my first sinus rinse while taking methylprednisolone, I couldn't believe my eyes - no thick, yellow mucous on the tissue! I can breathe! The sleeplessness is there. It's almost more annoying than drowsiness, because you'll want to sleep -- but can't. But the relief is worth a few sleepless moments."

ArIck (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It did clear up my sinus problem, but had side effects: Headache, racing heart, flushing skin, sweating, heel pain."

Anonymous April 18, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The Medrol injection cleared up my sinus problem, but I had extreme headache, heart racing, flushed skin, bruises, sweating; all the side-effects. And now my heal hurts so bad it is hard to walk. "

Anonymous April 18, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "This medication seems to help when I am having a extreme allergy attack. My doctor prescribed this to help with a bad sinus infection I had and it worked well. I was feeling much better after the first day of pills."

Allergy sufferer June 14, 2008