User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Predacorten, Solu-Medrol …show all brand names

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 359 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "I took this for one day only and experienced far worse symptoms. My heart was racing the entire night; I felt like I was having a heart attack. I had severe anxiety, I was sweaty, yet had the chills. I slept maybe 1 hour the entire night and tossed and turned hundreds of times. I felt sick to my stomach with overbearing nausea. I experienced abdominal pain the next day. I am discontinuing taking this. I would not recommend it to anyone."

YoungGal (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

"Developed a bad cold and went urgent care. The Urgent Care NP prescribed Amoxicillin & teslon perles for me. Teslon perles worked great to quiet my cough at night, but 7 days after going to Urgent Care, I had to go back because I felt worse: horrible sinus headache, sinus/cheek pain, nasal passages horribly swollen, and blowing my nose constantly. Went back to Urgent Care and the NP RXd a stronger antibiotic & a Medrol dose pak for me. I took all 6 pills of day one of the pak, and after a 5 hr nap, my sinus headache was gone & the pressure in my cheeks was greatly reduced--all by the end of day one on the pak. By the end of my second day on the pak, I felt better & my sinus symptoms were greatly reduced. Medrol dose pak has always worked very well for me. (Plus, it always makes my arthritis feel better!) Con of Med dose pak? As I am weaning off of it, my torso will feel sun burned, sore, & sensitive to touch ...but I am willing to go through this side effect to get rid of a painful sinus infection."

Rachelle February 25, 2018

"I am 29 years old. Went to the doc for an ear infection and sinus pressure that I think turned into a bad sinus infection. Was given the 21 pill PAC 4 mg. Felt fine day 1, day 2 woke up feeling great but slowly felt numbness in my fingers, nose and cheeks throughout the morning. By lunch time I thought I was having a panic attack from the constant heart racing and shortness of breathe. At one point there was a stream of heat shooting down the back of my neck. Thought I was having an allergic reaction, but after reading other reviews (because it was a Friday after 5 and couldn't reach my doc) it appears these are side affects. I will be going back to the doc Monday, this is why I hate taking meds. Feel like this drug is doing more harm than good."

Kelsey_12 September 8, 2017

"Been taking this drug for a few days now and it's helped my sinuses. But have a hard time sleeping plus going to the bathroom especially at night."

Anonymous August 11, 2017

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night."

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

"Prior to my scheduled doctors appointment I developed an allergic reaction that caused my skin to itch & flare up. My doctor then prescribed this medication to me to help with the itching, rash, & my swollen glands. The first day of taking it I felt off. Earlier in the day I felt hot like I was experiencing a possible hot flash (I'm only 29) my face then became hot & red as though I had been out in the sun for too long. I felt light headed, dizzy, unbalanced. I just didn't feel like me. The next day, I didn't feel hot though I felt tired very very tired. I also felt hungry. I was on edge, I felt so anxious & irritable. I stopped taking it. I will be calling my doctors office tomorrow. I would rather have swollen glands & itchy skin."

Wendy. March 28, 2017

"I started taking this today went to the Dr they have me a steroid shot and then prescribed me this, cause I'm breaking out in hives all over, it has helped a bit but still breaking out in hives and feel tingly, but the side effects suck cause I have a newborn to take care of and I feel wired. I feel sweaty and nervous, I pray this really works to get rid of my hives I'm so tired of itching!"

Douglasb (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2017

"I have taken for 2 days now it only made it so I cant breathe out of my nose and my ears and hearing are bad I feel almost deaf."

Mich047 December 30, 2016

"I went to urgent care Dr. Because my primary Dr. Was on vacation. I had seen this Dr. Before when I had a bad case of sinus problem which he gave antibiotics. It cleared me up for 3 weeks and then I had a bad relapse. Went back to the same Dr who prescribed methylprednisolone 4mg dose ok. And stronger antibiotics. Man oh man !! My sciatica was inflamed! I could not sleep had to walk with a cane I was in so much pain I wanted to stop taking them but a nurse said continue to take them cause this medicine works throughout your body a certain way then if it continue see your primary Dr. I'm not finish yet . I had to miss my best friend husband retirement party! And still having issues."

Jerrie7150 December 3, 2016

"I was given this medicine in the 6 Day Pack for an allergic reaction. Since I started taking this medication I can't sleep, I maybe doze off for 20 minutes if I'm lucky. I feel very hostile and confused, like I can't progress my thoughts at all and I keep forgetting what I'm doing. On top of that I'm experiencing a lot of shortness of breath and every time I stand up I get dizzy. I'm incredibly thirsty and have to use the bathroom more often now since starting to take this medication. I can't wait to be finished with it seeing it's 50/50 helped with my symptoms.. The taste is horrible, like acid in my mouth and I have to take it with milk to make sure it doesn't burn. Since yesterday morning I've developed a short throat and bloating. :/"

ICANTSLEEPNOW October 29, 2016

"It made my Trigeminal Neuralgia get so bad after just 2 days of taking the medication. I wake up from a deep sleep and then the pain spasm hits me hard left side of face. I quickly stopped the steroid, but its too late. Its been over a week now, I still have nightly pain spasms from waking up and getting up and moving my neck and head in order to get up. I do not recommend you take this steroid if you have TN. Beware."

Guest TN June 2, 2016

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "This medicine was prescribed to treat Allergic Rhinitis and I have had terrible leg spasms and leg pain. I have eaten potassium-rich foods and have stay led hydrated but the pain will no go away. I cannot sleep due to the leg pain. I will never take this medicine again unless it is for life saving measures."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"I had ongoing sinus problems that snowballed into a nasty infection. After my first sinus rinse while taking methylprednisolone, I couldn't believe my eyes - no thick, yellow mucous on the tissue! I can breathe! The sleeplessness is there. It's almost more annoying than drowsiness, because you'll want to sleep -- but can't. But the relief is worth a few sleepless moments."

ArIck (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2012

"It did clear up my sinus problem, but had side effects: Headache, racing heart, flushing skin, sweating, heel pain."

Anonymous April 18, 2010

"The Medrol injection cleared up my sinus problem, but I had extreme headache, heart racing, flushed skin, bruises, sweating; all the side-effects. And now my heal hurts so bad it is hard to walk. "

Anonymous April 18, 2010

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "This medication seems to help when I am having a extreme allergy attack. My doctor prescribed this to help with a bad sinus infection I had and it worked well. I was feeling much better after the first day of pills."

Allergy sufferer June 14, 2008