User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Predacorten, Solu-Medrol …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 366 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"I am 29 years old. Went to the doc for an ear infection and sinus pressure that I think turned into a bad sinus infection. Was given the 21 pill PAC 4 mg. Felt fine day 1, day 2 woke up feeling great but slowly felt numbness in my fingers, nose and cheeks throughout the morning. By lunch time I thought I was having a panic attack from the constant heart racing and shortness of breathe. At one point there was a stream of heat shooting down the back of my neck. Thought I was having an allergic reaction, but after reading other reviews (because it was a Friday after 5 and couldn't reach my doc) it appears these are side affects. I will be going back to the doc Monday, this is why I hate taking meds. Feel like this drug is doing more harm than good."

Kelsey_12 September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking this drug for a few days now and it's helped my sinuses. But have a hard time sleeping plus going to the bathroom especially at night."

Anonymous August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night."

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prior to my scheduled doctors appointment I developed an allergic reaction that caused my skin to itch & flare up. My doctor then prescribed this medication to me to help with the itching, rash, & my swollen glands. The first day of taking it I felt off. Earlier in the day I felt hot like I was experiencing a possible hot flash (I'm only 29) my face then became hot & red as though I had been out in the sun for too long. I felt light headed, dizzy, unbalanced. I just didn't feel like me. The next day, I didn't feel hot though I felt tired very very tired. I also felt hungry. I was on edge, I felt so anxious & irritable. I stopped taking it. I will be calling my doctors office tomorrow. I would rather have swollen glands & itchy skin."

Wendy. March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this today went to the Dr they have me a steroid shot and then prescribed me this, cause I'm breaking out in hives all over, it has helped a bit but still breaking out in hives and feel tingly, but the side effects suck cause I have a newborn to take care of and I feel wired. I feel sweaty and nervous, I pray this really works to get rid of my hives I'm so tired of itching!"

Douglasb (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken for 2 days now it only made it so I cant breathe out of my nose and my ears and hearing are bad I feel almost deaf."

Mich047 December 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went to urgent care Dr. Because my primary Dr. Was on vacation. I had seen this Dr. Before when I had a bad case of sinus problem which he gave antibiotics. It cleared me up for 3 weeks and then I had a bad relapse. Went back to the same Dr who prescribed methylprednisolone 4mg dose ok. And stronger antibiotics. Man oh man !! My sciatica was inflamed! I could not sleep had to walk with a cane I was in so much pain I wanted to stop taking them but a nurse said continue to take them cause this medicine works throughout your body a certain way then if it continue see your primary Dr. I'm not finish yet . I had to miss my best friend husband retirement party! And still having issues."

Jerrie7150 December 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given this medicine in the 6 Day Pack for an allergic reaction. Since I started taking this medication I can't sleep, I maybe doze off for 20 minutes if I'm lucky. I feel very hostile and confused, like I can't progress my thoughts at all and I keep forgetting what I'm doing. On top of that I'm experiencing a lot of shortness of breath and every time I stand up I get dizzy. I'm incredibly thirsty and have to use the bathroom more often now since starting to take this medication. I can't wait to be finished with it seeing it's 50/50 helped with my symptoms.. The taste is horrible, like acid in my mouth and I have to take it with milk to make sure it doesn't burn. Since yesterday morning I've developed a short throat and bloating. :/"

ICANTSLEEPNOW October 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It made my Trigeminal Neuralgia get so bad after just 2 days of taking the medication. I wake up from a deep sleep and then the pain spasm hits me hard left side of face. I quickly stopped the steroid, but its too late. Its been over a week now, I still have nightly pain spasms from waking up and getting up and moving my neck and head in order to get up. I do not recommend you take this steroid if you have TN. Beware."

Guest TN June 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "This medicine was prescribed to treat Allergic Rhinitis and I have had terrible leg spasms and leg pain. I have eaten potassium-rich foods and have stay led hydrated but the pain will no go away. I cannot sleep due to the leg pain. I will never take this medicine again unless it is for life saving measures."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had ongoing sinus problems that snowballed into a nasty infection. After my first sinus rinse while taking methylprednisolone, I couldn't believe my eyes - no thick, yellow mucous on the tissue! I can breathe! The sleeplessness is there. It's almost more annoying than drowsiness, because you'll want to sleep -- but can't. But the relief is worth a few sleepless moments."

ArIck (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It did clear up my sinus problem, but had side effects: Headache, racing heart, flushing skin, sweating, heel pain."

Anonymous April 18, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The Medrol injection cleared up my sinus problem, but I had extreme headache, heart racing, flushed skin, bruises, sweating; all the side-effects. And now my heal hurts so bad it is hard to walk. "

Anonymous April 18, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "This medication seems to help when I am having a extreme allergy attack. My doctor prescribed this to help with a bad sinus infection I had and it worked well. I was feeling much better after the first day of pills."

Allergy sufferer June 14, 2008