User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Depo-Medrol, Solu-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis. 63% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Katie · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

“I had my wisdom teeth removed and my dentist prescribed methylprednisolone for the swelling. I've always tried to find new things to help clear my eczema but this was one I didn't even see coming. By day six my eczema has cleared up tremendously. I just wish I could get more to clear it up. I didn't get any negative side effects. I hope this helps!”

listenerx37 January 19, 2020

“I got a horrible rash from an allergic reaction to a topical antiseptic. I was put on the 6 day methylprednisolone pack where you take six 4mg pills the first day and take one less pill each day. Day 1 was horrible. I had a panic attack after taking all 6 pills. My resting heart rate went to 98. I made the mistake of drinking coffee with the pills which just made things worse. I had no coffee the other 5 days! The first night I barely slept. I had a migraine the second day and had another panic attack after 5 pills. It felt like having a heart attack. I was so tired and wired. I slept that night because of Benadryl. By the third day the rash began to fade. I had to keep taking Benadryl so I could sleep without going crazy. This was really hard to get through but it was the only thing that worked for my rash”

Miya September 5, 2019

“I've suffered with severe dermatitis several times in 1.5 months. It was torture especially on my face:( . it was soo depressing and I work in the wellness field so I missed out on several days of unpaid work. I asked my allergist (and then my pcp) if I can be prescribed prednisone. Wow! It worked miracles and I started to get my life back. My face, neck, chest, and arms cleared a little more each day and it all cleared when I finished my dose. It also worked wonders for my severe allergies (environmental allergies but mainly to my cat. I'm not willing to re-home him though. -he is a devon rex breed and has very short wavy fur. He sheds close to nothing and I'd be dead if I had a regular haired cat) I didn't even take a single benydryl or motrin or anything. I usually take benydryls daily to function and I didn't have to take a single one with this drug. I felt NORMAL. I just wish this this drug wasn't so dangerous and could be prescribed for allergies on a regular.”

EmJay · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

“I’ve been suffering with really bad allergies for a whole year. A year later, COVID happened and during the quarantine my eczema started flaring up badly, specifically on my eyelids. It’s BAD BAD. Super red and itchy to the point where my eyelids swell up as if I’ve been punched. A dermatologist has given me a shot (forgot the name of it) which helped for a week and my eyelids where back to square one. Then he gave me the medrol dose pack (started with 6 pills the first day) and again, by the last pill on the 6th day, I can feel my eyelids itching. The following day my eyes were on fire! Back to square one, AGAIN. It worked within the week of taking the pills but didn’t last afterwards.”

Nancy August 17, 2018

“It really helped me, I was suffering from dermatitis for two weeks The doctor prescribed it to me and it worked even the first day. What a miracle it is!!! Not any negative effects for me, I highly recommended it.”

Anonymous June 27, 2009

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “The Dosepak worked very well for me. After about the 3rd day, the swelling and itching had reduced considerably.”

Ninya · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2018

“Day 5 and no relief of rash yet. Just had a severe sweating episode.”