User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 207 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 62% of those users who reviewed Methylprednisolone reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Bree · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

“I have multiple herniated discs and I was given the 6 day pac. I followed the instructions but I've had no improvements. All it did was cause nausea at night, heart burn, insomnia and had my anxiety through the roof if I tried to fall back to sleep.”

Adam · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2021

“Prescribed for a back injury. Only took the 6 pills from the pack on the first evening and felt very strange within 2 hours. I got a migraine, felt my muscles tighten, I got very anxious, then depressed all the while my heart raced. I’m just glad I found this site where I see that I’m not alone in experiencing side effects. Oh I guess my is somewhat alleviated for now. We’ll see in the morning.”

shrimp · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2021

“Super severe back pain due to a fall. Took the 5 day course of this med and totally solved the issue. Used again with piriformis sciatica and work like a charm again. No side effects. Sciatica returned following strained activities weeks later.”

Maney · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “If I could give this drug negative stars I would. I had the worst insomnia and loss of appetite for 2 weeks. I slept maybe 1-3 hours a night. I could not eat, I had to force myself. The heart palpitations and racing heart rate lasted MONTHS and were unbearable. I had burning sensations in my head, chest and other parts of my body for months. I was red for months. I became paranoid... I had never felt this way before in my life. This is truly a terrible drug for me. Doctors dismissed it as being due to the pandemic we are currently going through, but I knew that wasn't it. I diagnosed myself through research and found many others who have gone through the same thing as I did. I feel doctors need to be more educated about the terrible side effects of this drug and they need to make patients aware. This drug ruined my life for a long time.”

Puglady · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

“Was given 6 day pack of methylprednisolone for costochronditis. I was in so much pain I could barely move without screaming. This medication worked great and am now on day 5 with almost zero pain. It has also helped my joints and energy level as I also have lupus and RA. Haven't felt this good in such a long time.”

Jim May 22, 2019

“About 14 years ago I herniated a disk in my lower back. For the next 10 years I had to deal with chronic pain that at times would send me into the hospital as it became so intense. Finally, after dealing with the exercises and pain pills I was prescribed the 4 mg methylprednisolone 6 day pak. By weeks end I was not only pain free but at the age of 65 I felt like I was 25 again. I experienced no side effects throughout the treatment. The effects of being pain free 24/7 lasted three long years and then it returned again. Another pak lasted 8 months without any pain. And just now I finished a third pak and it seems to be working but don't know for how long. Considering the level of pain I use to have I consider it for me at least a " miracle drug ".”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“I have been suffering, and in agonizing pain. Day and night for the past 15 days. I went to my Orthopedic Surgeon that I've had for more than 10 years who treats a knee problem. I told him about my hip and leg pain[ that was totally unbearable anymore]. He took an x-ray found mild DJD, and did a range of motion test found everything intact. Suggested this drug methylprednisolone. I filled the prescription that day. After one day I was out of PAIN. I WAS ABLE TO SLEEP THE VERY FIRST NIGHT. So thankful for my Dr. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR.”

S · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

“I am on day 2, only side effect so far is a slight increased heart rate/hard time falling asleep. I have cervical disk degeneration, and 2 bulging disks in my lower back which flare up once a month. Recently tripped on a curb, woke next day and could barely walk I was in so much pain. Once I could walk a few days later I went to my back dr and he prescribed the 6day pack. I have some other inflammatory issues that cause me pain in my body (acute pain) and after 1 dose my body feels amazing, I would say 90%. Can't wait to see how my body feels a few weeks afterwards, hoping it will keep all the pains away!”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

“My experience with this drug methylprednisolone was much better than other commenters. I suffer from inflammation related vertigo. The doctor initially prescribed meclizine which became less effective and has its own side effects. When I took Cadista/Methylprednisolone for the first time as the directions suggested the results were very subtle. However, months later the inflammation got so bad that I decided to refill the Cadista. This time around I decided to take all six tablets at the same time which via the directions is an option. I felt an immediate difference within the first 30 to 45 minutes of taking. The pain, pressure began to subside. Less than 12 hours later I felt 80% better. Apparently I just needed to take a higher dosage all at once. I did experience insomnia and slight stomach discomfort but I was OK with that because I could now function. Cadista worked for me when other meds didn’t. Hopefully my shared experience helps someone else.”

Thejudge · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Hi was prescribed this medication for a suspected pinched nerve(s) in my back. I was suffering enough symptoms to send me the ER. I am only on day 2 of 6 and although I feel a bit amped up my symptoms have already gotten better. I will cross my fingers this does the trick. I'm thankful it's only a 6 day course.”

Lesa · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

“This was prescribed to me due to pinched nerve in my neck as well as lower back pain. I Love It ! I feel so much better I'm going to see if there is a prescription that can be taken on a regular daily basis. It helped me to get back to my normal personality as well as zero pain. I feel great. No side affects, energy and I sleep like a baby. I was prescribed the 4 mg... 6 day pack. Highly recommend*****”

B · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Was hesitant to take Medrol Dosepak for my lower back pain after reading other reviews. I took the Medrol Dosepak and the only possible side effect was minor stomach pain. Also, it helped fix my back pain after one day.”

Elle · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2019

“I have a Degenerative Disc in my lower back and struggled 3 years with acute pain initially, then chronic pain that sometimes was intolerable. I tried everything (physical therapies, NSAID's, even Opioids ,however everything had temporarily relieve until I was advised to try this 6 days pack. I can't believe its been 9 months pain free life, and I went back to gym and I feel great. I really hope that pain will never come back !”

PPhish · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2016

“After reading the reviews on this site, I was reluctant to follow through with my doctors orders and take this medicine. I was very concerned about the side effects people were having, because I don't like taking medications to begin with. The first day I paid very close attention to any side effects and didn't have any. I'm on my third day and I feel much better. My apatite hasn't increased, I haven't gained any weight, as a matter of fact, I've lost two pounds. It hasn't effected my sleep, no headaches or anything I can report. I'm feeling better, my allergies have cleared up, which I have been struggling with for years, so for me this has been a positive experience so far.”

Mark January 7, 2020

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I am 58. I have been having a delayed allergy related swelling on the right side of my face for years (5 times a year or so), I just deal with it. Finally I decided to tell my doctor and we are starting testing to find out what my allergy is. He gave me Mederol to reduce the swelling. Wow, swelling down in hours and I have to say I guess I have been used to aches and pains at my age...this eliminated every pain I have had. Minor this and that's like bending to tie shoes and such. I feel like I am literally 20 years old. AMAZING. Probably will not last once I stop the medication but man the excellent side effects besides treating the swelling was a pure surprise bonus I had no idea would happen.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2012

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “I have three herniated discs in lower back and pinched nerve which left me unable to do things for myself, even standing and walking was impossible. Within hours helped with pain and in a couple of days I can walk again.”

Julie4326 · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2014

“I got prescribed a Medrol pack after my orthopedic dr confirmed my severe leg and left buttock pain was due to a L4 L5 large herniation (10mm to be exact). At first I was very hesitant to start up on these based off of all the bad scary reviews but one night I had enough of the pain and decided to start up the next morning. My only regret is that I didn't start this medication sooner! By the end of the 1st night, my pain went from an agonizing 9 down to a manageable 3-4. By the time I had finished, my pain is down to a 1-2 and my toes are getting the feeling back in them. The only side effects I did get was upset stomach, painful bloating and gas, and insomnia for a couple nights. I've only been off the medication for 3 days and feel great!”

J December 7, 2019

“I was 5 days into antibiotics for sinus infections. I had no relief from the headache that was right behind my eyes, temples and forehead, as well as barely any drainage. I was given methylprednisolone pack and on my first dose my headache and pain was gone and my sinuses started to drain. Yes I sweated more and my heart rate increased, however I DID NOT take my dose before bed. I spread my doses early enough throughout the day to avoid the sleeplessness. TAKE WITH FOOD”

Douglas · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “After three days on this medication, I literally got my life and sanity back. My pain was not allowing me to stand, sit lie, sleep....... Not sure I can take long term, but great relief until my surgery date.”

Sobparman · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I had severe pain in my back and after several scans and tests the only thing that was obvious was a herniated disc. I was released from the hospital with a Medrol Pak. I took it the next morning and in a couple of hours not only my back but my knee pain had disappeared. Within a couple of days the pain was history and has stayed that way. I did not have any side effects.”

ChuckUser · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“I had dehabilitating pain similar to trigeminal neuralgia. Nothing worked, took methylprednisolone and instantly fix over first two days of dose pack. Not sure about any side effects as I was too busy weeping over my life being given back lol.”

Rocketsfan · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

“Over the last 15 years, I have thrown my back out 3 times. Twice doing work in the yard doing something ill advised (reaching and lifting heavy items) leaving me stranded lying down in the yard until someone in my family noticed me lying in the middle of the yard. The first time, after 2 days where I was in intense pain and could not move, my doctor prescribed a Medrol dose pack because I could not stay home from work any longer. It worked quickly and by the next day I could move around again (relatively pain free). The second and third time, it took 2-3 days for it to start feeling better but it worked. I did not experience panic attacks or anxiety as others have on this site but each person's reaction to the drug will clearly be different.”

Mel1960 · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2016

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “This medication is very very dangerous. I took it for only three days before I became depressed, raging and suicidal. It is two months later and I have been in the psych ER three times, and I am still struggling and now on mood stabilizers. Before I took this medication I was fine. Please Google "prednisone psychiatric side-effects" before you take this medication. This should have a black box warning on it, but for reasons I don't understand the FDA doesn't make them put one on there. It is known to cause extreme psych side-effects in up to 5% of the people who take it. Please avoid what happened to me and read before you start taking it. There are plenty of peer-reviewed clinical articles about it.”

Anonymous October 9, 2011

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Everything builds to climax with extensive swelling and pain that goes from skull to toe. Nothing brings relief even though I am on a constant dosage of Predisone. Only relief is from an injection of Depo Mederol from my Rheumatologist. Relief occurs in 1/2 a day. At that time life is worth living again and lasts for about 3 weeks. I hate it all but this bit of relief is "a temporary heaven on earth." Pray for me and people like me!”

Sciatica · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2013

“After two months of physical therapy and chiro visits I couldn't take the sciatic pain any longer. An urgent weekend visit resulted in a steroid injection and a pack of these pills. I started taking them along with 800mg ibuprofen, using ice packs, and continuing my PT stretches. It took a couple days but I'm starting to feel better and I hope it continues! I do feel more thirsty, have a lot of energy and need to pee more often (probably from drinking much more water). But so far those are the only side effects I notice. And honestly, the energy boost is appreciated after the exhausting, extremely painful last couple of months.”

atpoem2003 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 12, 2018

“I've been on the 6 day dose package of Medrol for asthma on & off for many years. I discovered that it also helps the inflammation in my joints. I go from having to use inhalers & a neubulizer albuterol machine for my asthma to completely normal. It helps my arthritic knees and gives me energy. I can't take cortisone shots in my knees but every 3 months. The doctor doesn't like to give me Medrol often either, because it can cause your sugar to run high (I'm Type II Diabetic) and it can cause you to gain weight. The weight gain is not so evident, but my blood sugar does run higher. That's the only bad side to this medication. Otherwise, I would love to take it ALL the time. I sleep better and I feel more myself. My neck was also hurting me before I started taking it two days ago. Hope this helps someone!”

kobi · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

“I had a very bad experience with this drug methylprednisolone. I have a knee problem Patellofemoral pain syndrome, the amount of side effect that I had from using it is behind imagination: headache, nausea , depression, confusion, restlessness, anxiety, eye pain, urinating real often( like every 15 minutes) that I was actually start to feel pain during urination, irregular heart rhythm( very fast), and more... I took the first day six pills , once in the morning on the day after and I quit that was enough for me I could not bear it anymore. It's felt like a poison to me and even didn't solve my knee problem, to my surprise some of the side effects last for almost a year after I stop taking it. But thank goodness I think it's over by now. It was awful and I wish I knew better before I took it. I think that if its not a life threatening condition there is no way that I'm using it in the future!!!! and I wish they will find some substitute for this asap”

chad trapezius muscle · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2013

“After a 2 day spell of not being able to move my head and had numbness in arm and head, and with a push from my wife to go to the ER, they did several tests. The doctor knew I was in a lot of pain when my blood pressure was 214/124 and me crying. He did an MRI to find out the trapezius muscle was twisted, inflamed and blocking off 4 nerves, he stated I had two options, surgery, or methylprednisolone with diazepam and oxycodone (I hate pills) but given the choice, I elected the pills. After 1 1/2 days, the movement in neck went from 0 to around 60% the pain also went about 60% away. I hear so many scary things about steroids, but I'm glad I chanced it.”