User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 205 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 63% of those users who reviewed Methylprednisolone reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

33% 67
3% 7
20% 41

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

shrimp · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2021

“Super severe back pain due to a fall. Took the 5 day course of this med and totally solved the issue. Used again with piriformis sciatica and work like a charm again. No side effects. Sciatica returned following strained activities weeks later.”

Cat January 1, 2021

“I took this medicine methylprednisolone for a back issue, and I have had no results. I am very disappointed”

Tiffany November 22, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “My dentist put me on this after I had a root canal that was continuing to give me problems. The tooth stayed very tender and it pushed off her placing the crown. I was hesitant at first because of the side effects it caused to some people. Especially the vision side effects. But I finally took it. It worked wonders - 'at first'. All of the pain and tenderness in the tooth went away after the first dose. I took all the pills for the first day dose at once which the instructions said I could do. I'm a 42 yr old woman and I had no side effect other than a sharp increase in my sexual drive and a little blurred vision. I noticed that as the dosage started to be decreased the tenderness immediately came right back. Now I'm finished with the pack (I only took it for one week) and the tenderness is back. Although a little less than before that tooth is definitely tender again. I will have to retreat the root canal and that will be expensive and and painful.”

Autumn November 21, 2020

“I was prescribed a 6 day course of 4mg MethylPREDNISolone tablets to quicken the healing of an infection by the root of my tooth post root canal. I took my first two pills around 12pm. By 1pm I was experiencing unbearable pressure in my head, esp behind my eyes, sensitivity to light and swelling in both eyes, weakness, body pains, nausea, and a lot of anger/anxiety. After two hours my eye/head pressure subsided around 80% and my nausea was gone, I felt comfortable to try taking my second dose of two pills at 5pm. Within 30min all of my bad reaction symptoms came back tenfold, my left eye swelled badly and bulged. I had to go to emergency care. I was instructed to stop taking the pills and see an eye doctor if needed. It's been 16 hours since my last dose and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I suffer chronic migraines and I've never felt a headache like this. Thankfully, my eye swelling and bulging subsided, but I am still having light sensitivity and pain.”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I have a large herniated disc that I have been dealing with for a few months. One day after work I had an extremely painful back spasm. After the spasm, I was in extreme pain and could barely walk. I was not able to sleep or get comfortable no matter what I did. My neurosurgeon prescribed the medrol dose pack. I am so glad I took it! I started to improve after the first day. It gave me so much relief that I could finally rest comfortably and was able to walk better each day. I had a very mild headache on the first day, but that was it!”

Marilyn · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2020

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “The Medrol pack is not to be afraid of. It has great benefits for a short period of time of steroids. I have terrible neck pain (Cervical Spondylosis) and am on my way to probably having surgery. But I won’t be able to do it for a few weeks. I finally asked for this steroid pack because the pain was unbearable. I took the first dose today, all six at once. It definitely has taken my pain level down from 10 to 4. I don’t know what tomorrow will bring but I have used the pack many times before, and it is always worked well. I have previously used it for sinusitis.”

Tanya130020011 November 6, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I had no side effects from Medrol Dosepak, other than increased appetite, no panic , racing heart or anxiety concerns, and I suffer from anxiety. In fact, it did the opposite”

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2020

“I was experiencing terrible wrist pain that got gradually worse over the course of six days. Yesterday, the pain was so bad that I went to the ER. They gave me a dose of this medication at the hospital along with a toradol injection. The pain was still pretty bad last night but manageable enough to fall asleep. I woke up early in the morning and the pain in my fingers was about a 4-5. Took 800 mg of ibuprofen (ibuprofen didn't work on the pain before) along with my first at-home dose of methylprednisolone and went back to bed without my wrist braces on. I woke up about an hour ago and the pain is significantly lower than before! Although I'm still feeling tingling in my fingers, I'm now able to pour drinks and wash dishes and I don't feel the need to wear braces anymore. This is definitely a miracle drug. So far I haven't had any noticeable side effects but as the day goes on I'll probably experience some, so just in case I do I'm giving a 9/10.”

Lady in Pain · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

“I tripped over my darn cat and fell hard on the floor. I've been in severe, almost uncontrollable pain for 3 weeks now for Piriformis syndrome/sciatica. This is one extremely debilitating condition. Pain score in a level of 1 to 10 was a 15! My doctor prescribed this for me and on day one my pain level dropped to a 4!!! Started with the six pills on the first day. I'm not having any side effects at all! FINALLY SOME MAJOR RELIEF! I haven't slept in weeks because of the pain. Thank God for this medication!”

Sobparman · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I had severe pain in my back and after several scans and tests the only thing that was obvious was a herniated disc. I was released from the hospital with a Medrol Pak. I took it the next morning and in a couple of hours not only my back but my knee pain had disappeared. Within a couple of days the pain was history and has stayed that way. I did not have any side effects.”

Kells September 22, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I was experiencing unusual headaches and I was prescribed Medrol 6 pack for inflammation. Day1-I took the all 6 together because I got them in the evening I felt a lil heartburn and slept for 2 hours that night Day2-after every dose I experienced discomfort in my stomach, heartburn , backaches, couldn’t sleep that night and sweating. Day3-the heartburn continued , my headaches was overwhelming, my chest was hurting with burning sensations, dizziness, overly energized and backaches. So I went to the ER they told me to stop taking the methylprednisolone medication due to the side effects. Now I’m back to square one with the headaches and side effects from this bad experience of Medrol. How long do these side effects last anyone knows?”

Maney · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “If I could give this drug negative stars I would. I had the worst insomnia and loss of appetite for 2 weeks. I slept maybe 1-3 hours a night. I could not eat, I had to force myself. The heart palpitations and racing heart rate lasted MONTHS and were unbearable. I had burning sensations in my head, chest and other parts of my body for months. I was red for months. I became paranoid... I had never felt this way before in my life. This is truly a terrible drug for me. Doctors dismissed it as being due to the pandemic we are currently going through, but I knew that wasn't it. I diagnosed myself through research and found many others who have gone through the same thing as I did. I feel doctors need to be more educated about the terrible side effects of this drug and they need to make patients aware. This drug ruined my life for a long time.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Was hesitant to take Medrol Dosepak for my lower back pain after reading other reviews. I took the Medrol Dosepak and the only possible side effect was minor stomach pain. Also, it helped fix my back pain after one day.”

Sissakaye · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

“Pleased at results of methylprednisolone for my acute sinusitis, would recommend this short term, tailored dose. No negative side effects when tapered.”

Dave June 21, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I took this stuff for a knee injury did nothing but made me sick does not work”

M · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

“This makes my face red, makes me jittery, almost like I’m having a panic attack. And I get small headaches in different parts of my head. Try to avoid.”

chip · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Got a bee sting so prescribed this. Day one of methylpredisolone and only have taking 4 of the six prescribed for day one. Every time I take the required dosage I experience heart palpitations that go away in a short time. Not comfortable with the reaction Will stop taking meds and have notified my PCP.”

Tena March 15, 2020

“I got themethylprednisolone injection on the 30 of Jan and I'm still having side effects. I had to go to the emergency room for severe heart burn now I'm having terrible headache the ringing in my ears this is terrible I will never take this drug anymore now I feel so weak ”

Puglady · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

“Was given 6 day pack of methylprednisolone for costochronditis. I was in so much pain I could barely move without screaming. This medication worked great and am now on day 5 with almost zero pain. It has also helped my joints and energy level as I also have lupus and RA. Haven't felt this good in such a long time.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“I have been suffering, and in agonizing pain. Day and night for the past 15 days. I went to my Orthopedic Surgeon that I've had for more than 10 years who treats a knee problem. I told him about my hip and leg pain[ that was totally unbearable anymore]. He took an x-ray found mild DJD, and did a range of motion test found everything intact. Suggested this drug methylprednisolone. I filled the prescription that day. After one day I was out of PAIN. I WAS ABLE TO SLEEP THE VERY FIRST NIGHT. So thankful for my Dr. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR.”

Thejudge · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Hi was prescribed this medication for a suspected pinched nerve(s) in my back. I was suffering enough symptoms to send me the ER. I am only on day 2 of 6 and although I feel a bit amped up my symptoms have already gotten better. I will cross my fingers this does the trick. I'm thankful it's only a 6 day course.”

Megan February 15, 2020

“I have back and neck pain after car accident. On day 2 of methylprednisolone and this medication has not been helpful. It given me diarrhea and I am still in major pain. Now I am unable to stop taking it with out doctors orders and cannot take anything to help the pain due to the other interactions.”

S · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

“I am on day 2, only side effect so far is a slight increased heart rate/hard time falling asleep. I have cervical disk degeneration, and 2 bulging disks in my lower back which flare up once a month. Recently tripped on a curb, woke next day and could barely walk I was in so much pain. Once I could walk a few days later I went to my back dr and he prescribed the 6day pack. I have some other inflammatory issues that cause me pain in my body (acute pain) and after 1 dose my body feels amazing, I would say 90%. Can't wait to see how my body feels a few weeks afterwards, hoping it will keep all the pains away!”

hemantha · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“I want to stop its usage now. Its not helping”

Mark January 7, 2020

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I am 58. I have been having a delayed allergy related swelling on the right side of my face for years (5 times a year or so), I just deal with it. Finally I decided to tell my doctor and we are starting testing to find out what my allergy is. He gave me Mederol to reduce the swelling. Wow, swelling down in hours and I have to say I guess I have been used to aches and pains at my age...this eliminated every pain I have had. Minor this and that's like bending to tie shoes and such. I feel like I am literally 20 years old. AMAZING. Probably will not last once I stop the medication but man the excellent side effects besides treating the swelling was a pure surprise bonus I had no idea would happen.”