User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions (Page 2)

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 207 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 62% of those users who reviewed Methylprednisolone reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

m.m.ms June 27, 2016

“I just took my last pill from a 6 day cycle. I felt relief in pain from the first day. It's strange, I can feel sensation there the pain was but it doesn't hurt. it's like it's still there but not hurting. No side effects except a little tired. I'm praying this neck and shoulder pain stays away.”

pain & fatigue · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2013

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I had extreme fatigue with back pain, headache and nausea for 3-4 weeks. I couldn't sleep but was tired all the time. After 2-3 days taking the 6 day Dosepak I felt 80% better. I was still a little fatigued and my back still hurt some but I truly felt 80% better. I am starting day 4 tomorrow and hope to continue on this path as life has been absolutely miserable the last few weeks.”

No medrol dosepak · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2017

“WARNING! I was prescribed a medrol dosepak a year ago for sinusitis. Everything was fine until about the 5th day. I slipped into a very deep depression for the first time in my life. I became suicidal and felt like crying 24 hours a day for 2 weeks. I endured the crisis and eventually the depression resolved. Through support and prayer I overcame but it was touch and go for a while. I developed an anxiety disorder after that event that still persists. Be very mindful of the psychiatric issues that steroids may cause. From my research, it is very common to become hypomanic and less common to become Clinically depressed. It will resolve over time. Just hang in there if it happens to you.”

chip · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Got a bee sting so prescribed this. Day one of methylpredisolone and only have taking 4 of the six prescribed for day one. Every time I take the required dosage I experience heart palpitations that go away in a short time. Not comfortable with the reaction Will stop taking meds and have notified my PCP.”

Immobile · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2013

“This is a miracle for me. I "throw my back out" about once a year. When I do it I am out of commission. Only 1 or 2 positions are tolerable and those require laying down. After 2 days of the dose pack I can walk again. After 3 or 4 days I am pretty much back to normal. My only issue with this is I have to get a script from the doctor. This usually leaves me at least one day on my couch in immobilizing pain. I wish I could keep a few of these packs on hand for emergency purposes.”

Mozart · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I have a herniated disc in my lower back that flares up a few times a year. I caught it just before the muscles went into spasm and took this dose pack. After taking the first six pills on day one, I felt 90% better. I finished the six-day prescription and didn’t have another flareup for a week. I’m hoping my doctor will prescribe it again, and I’ll have to get back to my physical therapy exercises. The drug was a life saver for me with no side effects that I could tell.”

Kathy July 9, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “I injured my hip that caused severe pain apparently hip bursitis. Narcotics didn’t help and either did Motrin. Doctor prescribes 4mg dose pack and I started feeling better that day. Wish I had this when I fractured my back.”

Blue as heck August 14, 2019

“After reading many other reviews on here, I would ascertain that if you have any tendency of depression, anxiety, mood disorder, this medication should be avoided. I’m on my second day and I’ve been seriously blue, depressed and unable to sleep at night. I’m frustrated because I do think it’s doing wonders to my joints and double plantar fasciitis which were so painful a couple days ago I walked difficultly. That alone made my life depressing... but now, this feels very different. Not sure what to do at this point but will definitely weigh the pros and cons and grab a couple Xanax before bed for sure. UGH”

Kells September 22, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I was experiencing unusual headaches and I was prescribed Medrol 6 pack for inflammation. Day1-I took the all 6 together because I got them in the evening I felt a lil heartburn and slept for 2 hours that night Day2-after every dose I experienced discomfort in my stomach, heartburn , backaches, couldn’t sleep that night and sweating. Day3-the heartburn continued , my headaches was overwhelming, my chest was hurting with burning sensations, dizziness, overly energized and backaches. So I went to the ER they told me to stop taking the methylprednisolone medication due to the side effects. Now I’m back to square one with the headaches and side effects from this bad experience of Medrol. How long do these side effects last anyone knows?”

Bree · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

“I have multiple herniated discs and I was given the 6 day pac. I followed the instructions but I've had no improvements. All it did was cause nausea at night, heart burn, insomnia and had my anxiety through the roof if I tried to fall back to sleep.”

Lady in Pain · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

“I tripped over my darn cat and fell hard on the floor. I've been in severe, almost uncontrollable pain for 3 weeks now for Piriformis syndrome/sciatica. This is one extremely debilitating condition. Pain score in a level of 1 to 10 was a 15! My doctor prescribed this for me and on day one my pain level dropped to a 4!!! Started with the six pills on the first day. I'm not having any side effects at all! FINALLY SOME MAJOR RELIEF! I haven't slept in weeks because of the pain. Thank God for this medication!”

Suzhoa April 20, 2016

“I've had intermittent hip pain for many years, it really picked about three weeks ago with, at times, intolerable pain. Even with a pain pill I had difficulty sleeping sitting, always favoring my right hip to avoid the pain. After taking the Medrol dose pack, for two days the pain began to subside, The pain is now gone and dare I say I feel great! Hope it lasts!!!”

CSA1861 · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “DO NOT take this medicine if you are prone to depression and/or anxiety! I was given the six day 10mg dose-pack for costochondritis. Everything was fine while taking it, but a few days after it ended, I began feeling like I had the flu. Then the most awful depression set in with the worst anxiety I've ever had. Insomnia too. Five weeks after finishing, it's still with me. Having to take Xanax and Zoloft now just to survive. I pray that it will go away soon and wish I had never taken this horrible drug. I'm sure it has a place, but not for those with depression or anxiety.”

vers · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2019

“I have osteoarthritis, cervical and lumbar radiculopathy as well as occipital neuralgia. In the past I was prescribed prednisone to reduce the painful inflammation. I hated taking it due to the side effects. There are not too many medications I can tolerate or that I don't have an allergic reaction to. This medicine methylprednisolone was great in between all the medical procedures. I felt like a new person without all the constant pain for at least a few months until my next procedure”

AJBell · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

“Took this medication for about four days after being diagnosed with strep throat. Stopped on day 4 due to anxiety and panic setting in. Thought the side effects would be gone by now- I’ve been off of this medication 10 days. I’ve even been taking anti anxiety meds and still can’t sleep at night. If anyone has any advice on how to counteract this safely then please let me know!”

Anonymous May 31, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “2 years ago I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis likely caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic ciprofloxacin. I had severe pain in wrist, shoulders, and gluteus. I am allergic to aspirin and all anti-inflammatory medications. My rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone. Within 8 hours I was pain free. However, within a week or so the pain returned. I then started taking 10 mg daily which was very helpful for a year. I reduced my dosage to 4 mg every other day for about 10 months. I stopped taking May 5 2016. I still have wrist pain but bearable. I have had no apparent side effects during or after taking the drug. Note. An every other day dose is recommended in the PDR which I followed for the last year.”

sciatica October 26, 2019

“I'm suffering for chronic sciatic pain for over 3 years now. Just to make my comments short doctors prescribed me with methylprednisolone dose pack . I always been afraid of taking pain killer but I was so desperate to take anything due to my long pain suffering this sciatic pain is the worse and excruciating pain I've ever had. This dose pack DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE PAIN AT ALL :(:(”

Fibro- flare · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2015

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “My primary doc actually gave me a shot of this when I threw my back out. I never felt better. I went back to him and told him not only did it help with my back, but with may fibromyalgia! My rheumatologist had given me all sorts of pills to try and I felt like like a science experiment! I usually get it 1-2 times a year. I stretch it out until I know I can't take it anymore and my body tells me- "help"- it has done me wonders! I can get back on my feet and be me within a day or 2 depending on how bad I am. No more docs pushing pills down my throat or telling me it's all in my head, & I can get outta bed when the alarm goes off- not hitting snooze and for 2 hours and Practically in tears! I know my body N it works for me! Good luck!”

Mackytack · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2016

“Gave it 9 out of 10 as it did make me feel queasy. My most recent 'episode' with my cervical spine spun my world upside down. An inflamed and angry nerve is unlike anything else. I can't express how much pain I was experiencing...excruciating doesn't do it justice. Anyway, I don't like to take any kind of medication, but was willing to sell my soul to the devil at this point. After taking all 6 pills on day 1, I immediately felt relief, not 100%, but SO much better! Day 2 began good, but as the day went on there was an increase in nerve pain. Day 3 was a rollercoaster day, but still noticed improvement. Day 4 and 5 showed improvement (until I got hit with a water balloon) Day 6, was still sore, but better. I hope the healing continues.”

blue-sky · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “I have pudendal nerve pain and methylprednisolone works amazingly for it. Best thing out there. A little jittery at first but manageable. I am very sensitive to so many meds and can barely take anything. This works so well. A god send. I was at my wits end when Doc let me have this. I was able to work without pain and feel like myself. Unlike other meds, that barely work and make you feel like you are on another planet”

hags · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “Got a epidural steroid injection (ESI) in T5/6 and felt a sharp pain. Procedure went well after that. One month later strange pains in spine started. Never told of any risks or ESI. Now in HORRIBLE PAIN in low back, neck and mid back 4 months later. MRI shows nothing and doctors think I am crazy. Trust me- I am not crazy. This stuff is poison. I think I may be in for a life of misery.”

Shay · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2019

“Methylprednisolone tablet dose pack saved my life, last 3 months after a dog scratch I have lived in severe pain. Sadly all doctors refer you from one to next, all my labs showing normal, sadly a rheumatologist doctor told me I have no inflammation but pain, which is not true, if he only listened to his patient, so god bless my awesome foot doctor gave this to me for foot issue due to inflammation, last night was first night last 3 months I did not sleep in pain and burning in my knees. Have 4 more days of 6. Curious to see if it’s permanent or temporary. I was so touched for pain to go away. There are so many doctors who don’t really care about people, have no compassion or care but they are doctors. Find a doctor by asking neighbors, freinds, stay away from those who should not even treat a dog.”

Jessie April 24, 2019

“I figured I'd share my somewhat neutral experience with this drug after reading mostly negative reviews. The reviews about the side effects alone made me cringe and NOT even want to give it a chance. Rarely will you find a positive review when the drug actually works. It's always when it doesn't work that you end up reading the horror stories. I understand everyone is different so this is just my experience. I was originally given this medication for heel bursitis and planter fasciitis. Although at the same time I had a terrible reaction to poison ivy and sumac. I was told it would treat both. I followed the regime exactly. I didn't notice any side effects at all. Nothing. I was waiting for the panic attacks and anxiety I read about from other reviews. No insomnia either. Nothing happened. Saying that, the medication didn't work for me either. My ivy and sumac stayed the same. Same with my foot. I was kind of disappointed. I gave it a shot tho.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

“I took this medication after receiving 30 bug bites while on vacation, which turned into an allergic reaction. This medication worked right away. I had more energy, improved mood , and stopped itching! The only downside is on the last two days, I can hardly stay awake. Extreme fatigue.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2012

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “The first day/night was when I was the most jittery. The only side effects I got were jitters, slight headache, moodiness, and some dry skin. They get better as the days go on. My back pain has totally disappeared.”