User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions (Page 3)

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 207 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 62% of those users who reviewed Methylprednisolone reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Anonymous September 13, 2012

“Herniated disc in lower back, Could barely stand. I went to my Dr, he prescribed this, and I felt amazing after the first dose. I felt great the first day, I'm on day two now, feel a little tired...but sleep is great with no pain. Hope it lasts.”

KickingAS January 4, 2016

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I use a Medrol Dosepak when my Ankylosing Spondylitis (spinal arthritis-not rheumatoid or osteoarthritis) is in a bad flare with painful, swollen joints. The side effect I always get for a couple of days is severe hip and lower back bone pain. But once that goes away the drug works wonders! That's why many of us call it "the drug with a double edged sword" It works amazingly but can have side effects for some people. I give it a high rating because it gives me back a much higher quality of life.”

Enie · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2018

“Inflammation all over my body, Multiple UTI, swelling mouth & tongue, 2 disk issues, in neck & right shoulder pain & numbness in hand & fingers. Just finishing the meds., today. I feel 90% better. Just hope it lasts.”

Alice C. · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2019

“I was proscribed Methylprednisolone for a sinus infection by a teledoc. It’s a doctor via a phone app that uses video chat to speak with you. I’ve always suffered from sinus infections, so I knew exactly what I had and told the Doctor my symptoms. They gave me an antibiotic on top of Methylprednisolone. It’s only been my first day on the 21 pack, but I already feel a difference! While there’s no longer any sinus pain....I’m still running fevers, even higher than before, and I also have an extreme increase in urination. On top of that...this medicine is hard to swallow. Literally. It tastes very foul, so be sure to swallow it fast! But all in all, I think it’s worth it. My pain went away in just a day.”

shal · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2019

“I had Bronchitis or respiratory infection and I was given the 6 day pack 4 mg of methylprednisolone and it did make me jittery and have energy for the first day. I do have anxiety but this set me off in panic attacks! I went to the ER twice once on the last day of the meds and again 2 weeks later and they say it should be out of my system as I only took it for 6 days but I’ve been off the meds for 3 weeks now and still have insomnia where I can’t sleep and wake up every two hours or so when I do. I’ve never taken this medicine before and after reading about it I see if you have anxiety it’s something you really shouldn’t take but the insomnia is insane!”

Chris stevens · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Took medrol dosepack like prescribed Side effects are a shock it gave me jitters and tremors . Made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Mild headaches and slight abdominal pain, Back pain . This medicine is a total crock It actually made the pain I had even worse with its own little twist, Gave my left arm chills and sweats very clammy. Plus there a possibility of withdrawals I'm 20 that's the last thing I need.”

andy · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

“I started taking this drug years ago in 1977 for bad itching on my fingers tiny water blisters , it removed the problem in a few days. I ended up taking it like 4 different times over 10 years with no problems. Now I have the same problem is on my feet??? But just blisters no itching ??? Going to a kaiser specialist in 4 days. I think it is eczema this time. Oh well I am 62 now I talked the doctor into giving me this drug a few days ago and it has help me %100 I can now walk which I could not do as I had way too much pain. I can go to store now get supplies so happy. It is sad when you can't walk...”

Kristy · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

“I was given this medicine for a severe sinus infection. 1st night couldn’t sleep, 2nd night wide awake maybe 3 hours of sleep. 3rd day stopped taking the bags under my eyes and dizzy felling is horrible. How fast can I get this out of my system.”

Cnina7613 January 23, 2015

“I have had a bad back since 21, I am 35 years old now, I have suffered in pain at all times but the occasional flare up of throwing my back out went from once a year to everyday. But then I fell flat in my butt hard a few months ago and one of the slipped discs decided to push up against my nerve and I was in complete bed rest. I could barely make it to the toilet and to sit on the toilet was hell not to mention the wonderful job of wiping! Finally went to a back doctor she gave me this. So far a miracle, I am only on day 3 but so far the pain went from a unbearable 10 to a bearable 5. I have some side effects happening, insomnia, Diarrhea, but I could not sleep anyway with the pain and I need to move around! Good luck to you all”

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

“methylprednisolone caused me to go from a normal mental state to extreme panic. I took my pills up until day 5 and then I had to stop due to the side effects making me sicker. A week later with anti anxiety medications to counteract these effects and I’m still not sleeping through the night. The risks for me certainly outweighed the benefits. Do NOT take if you have any form of anxiety disorder.”

KC October 4, 2018

“I feel like this drug is a miracle drug. I know it's not good for long term use but the 6 day pack of 4 mg tablets makes me feel like a new person almost immediately. I have been taking it after shoulder surgery because I have had a lot of pain in my hand and inflammation. This is the third time I have taken the six day dosage since surgery 8 weeks ago but it relieves my pain really well for about 2 weeks. I have not noticed any side effects. I'm not sure if it affects my sleep because I have not been sleeping much because of shoulder pain anyway. I wish it was a more permanent fix but it's great for temporary relief while the shoulder heals and allows me to work on my physical therapy exercises more and use my hand more.”

JJTJ October 21, 2015

“I took this after extensive dental work I had on a tooth. The tooth seemed fine and it was determined either my jaw muscles (due to being open so long for the work) or the swelling of my gums were causing my extreme pain (for 5+ days). Advil was helping but once it wore off the pain would return and I was getting an upset stomach from so much advil. Was put on a 6 day medrol pack to see if it would reduce the swelling. After taking the first pill, the pain was gone. After I finished the pills, the severe pain has not come back. The side effects were pretty mild - just a bit of jumpiness and jitteriness - WAY more tolerable than the pain I had been in. I wanted to write a positive review because this medicine really helped me”

Jimmyknicks December 14, 2016

“You have to be self aware. Read the label. It tells you about pre existing conditions and interaction issues. Don't be ignorant have a history of this or that take the med and then complain the medication sucks. Children's aspirin can cause similar side effects if you have a condition that doesn't mix well with it. With that being said I took the 6 pills last night and haven't been able to stand up out of bed without a cane in over six weeks. I woke up this morning and I'm standing freely writing this review with no support. All be it my condition isn't from a sprain or twist or backache. It's from a yet to be determined inflammatory disease that has had me on crutches and canes for the past month and a half. be self aware.”

wmstwn76 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2017

“I started having inflammation in both of my shoulders where I had a very hard time raising my arms to apply deodorant. I also had pain behind my knees where I could kneel but I could not sit on my heels as the pain from inflammation was so bad. I also had a hard time moving my wrists from inflammation. I also had pain on the sides of my hips evenly which was scary. I had tests done many times for R/A and Osteo and I was told that I did not have either one but something was causing inflammation which in turn caused pain and stiffness. After taking the first day of a 6-day 4 mg Medrol does pac, I felt 10X better. It was like a miracle drug with no negative side effects for me.”

Shlpmo · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

“1st day of pack ok. 2nd day anxiety started but pain free. 3rd day called doctor saying "scared." Told to discontinue. Some withdrawal since couldn't taper but psychological effects not worth the risk. For inflammation would just use ibuprofen.”

Solumedrol Fan · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2013

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I was diagnosed with acute laryngopharyngitis which inflamed my throat, tonsills, and mouth. My body didn't react to amoxicillin so I went a whole weekend in severe pain. Wentt to my docs office at 10am Monday, was hospitalized by 1pm, Solu Medrol by 2pm and pain free by 7pm. Over the course of three days I was very moody, stomach and chest pain, constipation, and never slept but once discharged after 3 days of treatment I was back to my old self within 48hours. The side effects are bad but the effects are heaven sent for pain and inflammation. I have heard the same about Multiple Sclerosis and gout sufferers. God bless you all!”

Adam · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2021

“Prescribed for a back injury. Only took the 6 pills from the pack on the first evening and felt very strange within 2 hours. I got a migraine, felt my muscles tighten, I got very anxious, then depressed all the while my heart raced. I’m just glad I found this site where I see that I’m not alone in experiencing side effects. Oh I guess my is somewhat alleviated for now. We’ll see in the morning.”

Megan February 15, 2020

“I have back and neck pain after car accident. On day 2 of methylprednisolone and this medication has not been helpful. It given me diarrhea and I am still in major pain. Now I am unable to stop taking it with out doctors orders and cannot take anything to help the pain due to the other interactions.”

David Meyers · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2017

“I have arthritis in my neck/upper back that comes and goes. The pain clinic prescribed a dose pack. It worked extremely well. When the pain comes back I take another dose pack. No more then twice a year right now. I have the usual side effects - sleeplessness, jitters, and hunger.”

Crazylady October 26, 2019

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I have Autoimmune disorder, Spinal stenosis, Arthritis. I was given one injection in my back of Depo-Medrol and it hasn't worked at all! Although I did have many of the side effects after the first week. I have been on the shot for 3 weeks now. My eyes are burning, blurred, I have headaches, sharp pain in my legs, sharp pain in my temples, and more.”

Dnv84 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2016

“So I work at a hospital and am constantly on my feet, walking/running for 12+ hrs straight. Somehow I injured my foot and started limping by the end of my shifts. Went to the Dr on Friday and she gave me a packet... Its Monday morning and my foot feels a ton better. The swelling is almost gone completely. No side effects, no redness of the face, nothing... Give it a 10 for working great for me!”

Tena March 15, 2020

“I got themethylprednisolone injection on the 30 of Jan and I'm still having side effects. I had to go to the emergency room for severe heart burn now I'm having terrible headache the ringing in my ears this is terrible I will never take this drug anymore now I feel so weak ”

Tiffany November 22, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “My dentist put me on this after I had a root canal that was continuing to give me problems. The tooth stayed very tender and it pushed off her placing the crown. I was hesitant at first because of the side effects it caused to some people. Especially the vision side effects. But I finally took it. It worked wonders - 'at first'. All of the pain and tenderness in the tooth went away after the first dose. I took all the pills for the first day dose at once which the instructions said I could do. I'm a 42 yr old woman and I had no side effect other than a sharp increase in my sexual drive and a little blurred vision. I noticed that as the dosage started to be decreased the tenderness immediately came right back. Now I'm finished with the pack (I only took it for one week) and the tenderness is back. Although a little less than before that tooth is definitely tender again. I will have to retreat the root canal and that will be expensive and and painful.”

Relief 2017 January 1, 2017

“I have been to the ER three times in 90 days with horrible sinus pain & pressure. Just finished my third round of augmentin. My ears are still full of fluid & I can hardly hear at all. This steriod has been working so fast! I feel better already & its only been 12 hours on the medicine (4 mg) pills. It does make me feel jittery, but it's definitely worth the side effects. Being sick 90 days is a long time.”

NotBean · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2018

“I was prescribed this medicine for swollen tonsils, as I came up negative on the strep test. I was hesitant at first after reading reviews but with our Europe trip in a week (at the time) I wanted to feel better, so I took it. The 6 day pack, tapering down the dosage. The first day and every time after I had a headache and felt slightly nauseous. I was in a great mood as our trip was fast approaching. Fast forward to 2/3 days after the pack, my tonsils are swollen once again and ongoing headaches and terrible mood swings. I feel great sadness then anger. This is totally not my personality. It’s the day of our trip and I’m sitting here holding tears back as I write this review. I hope this goes away quickly.”