User Reviews for Tylenol

Tylenol has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of those users who reviewed Tylenol reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Muscle Pain
Summary of Tylenol reviews 6.4 22 reviews

Reviews for Tylenol

LL · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2021

For Fever: “I'm not happy with this drug compared to paralgan, aspegic,asperine,...many others which are much more effective”

k November 7, 2020

For Muscle Pain: “great in right dose”

Craig · Taken for 10 years or more September 3, 2020

For Fever: “Great if you have a fever. But if you need pain relief, This won't help. I found It does work better if you have a cup of coffee with it, Otherwise see your doctor for real pain relief. Never take more than the recommended dosage. It can destroy your liver.”

wclaybo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2019

For Pain: “In the early nineties I was taking Tylenol for severe headaches. We had first responders in our workplace that pushed me to larger strengths and doses. "You're a big guy, you need it, you can take it." Don't listen. Never go over the recommended dose for your weight, It will permanently damage your liver. My liver transplant was Dec. 19, 1996.”

taper-nightmare · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For Pain: “It’s one of the most worthless medicines I know of. I have tried Tylenol on numerous occasions throughout my life for migraines, back pain, menstrual cramps, post surgical pain, arthritis pain because some doctor or friend has recommended it. Each time it did absolutely nothing for me. Aspirin is a better pain reliever. Now with severe chronic pain, my Doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you. I give it 1 star because I never suffered any side effects from it.”

B. · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

For Pain: “I had a sudden experience of lower back pain, to the point where it hurt to breathe, and I wasn't able to sit because it meant bending my back. I took 2 pills of the extra strength. After about 15-20 minutes I could breathe without crying, it was still extremely painful to sit, but after another 15 minutes or so 90% of the pain was completely gone. So thankful for Tylenol extra strength!”

Anonymous January 26, 2011

For Pain: “Only over the counter pain med I can take with Crohn's disease. All other pain killers have some degree of aspirin in them. For those with stomach diseases acetaminophen (Tylenol) is the only thing we can take.”

Shell · Taken for 10 years or more April 11, 2018

For Pain: “I have gotten migraines from childhood. I also am very active and sometimes suffer neck and shoulder pain resulting in yet another headache. I have used tylenol for my entire adult life and I cannot even think of what life would've been without it. I have always gotten high fevers with no other symptoms when others get sick. Tylenol has helped me thru all of it. From migraines, to horrible monthly cramps. Crazy when I think about it...It allowed me to function normally through some of the worst moments of life. I am, thankfully, a perfectly healthy 51 yr old and 2 hrs ago I woke with a sickening headache from 3 days of hard yard work. All gone now. Got to thinking...I should say..."Thank you Tylenol."”

Keddey October 13, 2009

For Pain: “I was prescribed 1 gram (2 extra strength) by mouth every 4-6 hours for a severe tooth problem, cracked tooth in half, until I see my dentist on Friday. (It's Tuesday.) Does absolutely nothing for the pain. ”

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

For Sciatica: “Tylenol did zero to help my Sciatic nerve pain, although it's helped in the past with other issues. - nothing else prescribed helped either but oddly enough Mocha flavoured monster drink would remove about 80% of the pain for about 5-8 hours. I have no idea why but it's the only relief I get.(except hot showers help too it seems)”

KIZZK · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

For Sciatica: “Tylenol is the only thing that helps my pain right now. Cannot function otherwise. Cannot sleep either. Even prescribed pain meds did not work as well.”

Anonymous August 5, 2011

For Sciatica: “Tylenol does nothing for my sciatica. The pain is there all the time.”

Tony February 25, 2018

For Sciatica: “Tylenol is the only OTC medication that helps my sciatica”

Anonymous September 22, 2011

For Pain: “It works decently, but it's not strong enough for my back pain.”

be2 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 15, 2015

For Pain: “For migraines tylenol works better than ibuprofen for me”

Dyl bruh · Taken for 10 years or more March 15, 2015

For Pain: “I would take two 500mg pills once a day. I used it for occasional tooth aches because of my braces. It helped alot. Alot better than ibuprofen or naproxen actually.”

smoore002 May 9, 2008

For Fever: “Works great as a fever reducer.”

capt.tom October 25, 2013

For Pain: “MUCH less effective than aspirin or other NSAIDS, does nothing for me for headaches or arthritis.”

la23409 October 13, 2009

For Pain: “Best pain killer ever known.”

poorbear March 16, 2010

For Pain: “Its a good painkiller.”

Quorrah May 10, 2011

For Fever: “Pain: not very effective. No side effects, easy to use. Fever: definitely a 10. Always helps. This got a high rating due to the fever-reducing.”

Peggy · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Sciatica: “Tylenol only gave me an upset stomach. Did nothing for my sciatica.”