User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 7 reviews 41 medications

2.7
Neck Pain 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Naproxen reviews 341 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Naproxen

Aleve (naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It does help a bit on stiffness and swelling. Please be sure to drink plenty of water as it can rise your creatine levels and lead to kidney problems if you don't stay hydrated."

JBK62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

For Period Pain: "I'm gonna be honest Naproxen does not help at all for my cramps. I got a IUD to help with the pain a flow of my menstrual cycle, it helped with the flow but not the pain. She prescribe this to me and I still have excruciating pain. Everyone is different"

Naiaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Sciatica: "Was originally given naproxen for dental pain. but didnt use it all, I read leaflet and saw it helps nerve pain as my sciatica flared up again now lasting ten weeks onwards. I took one yesterday and one today and its eased quite a bit. My worse time is when I get up am hobbling around on one leg until nerve settles. still get the pins needles in foot and leg, but the naproxin seems to ease the actual pain and relax the nerves. It does not make the pain go but just relaxes it. It works for some and not for others but guess same with all medicines. I have tried to manage without pain killers and didnt want to end up reliant on them. but its that or having severe pain 24.7. London Uk dont pay for meds covered via other conditions."

Music Lady June 20, 2016

For Sciatica: "Post operational sciatica after pelvic. Floor repair I have been taking two 500mg tablet twice daily. It has been marvellous can barely feel any pain. I take warfarin so really careful to take 20mgs of omprazole in the morning. No side effects after two days. First time that I have taken Naproxen .I hope if ever I need this type of relief that my GP will Prescribe again. Cannot praise enough."

Bertiedette (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

For Pain: "I was given this by the A&E Dept for multiple knee ligament rupture. Within an hour of taking: extreme vertigo, nausea, sweats, vomiting, diarrhoea and disorientation. Symptoms last for days. Don't risk it. Just take something else."

SnowBlade May 28, 2016

For Sciatica: "Have some serious side effects. Please google a little bit before using. In my case i had upset stomach. Stopped after 3 days of use"

Nahidxy (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Pain: "I'm a 31 y/o male, had a knee replacement 3 months before my last birthday. I use naproxen to manage daily pain. Works great. At least I can still poop with these in my system! If it gets too bad I also use aspercreme with lidocaine. Miracle combination."

Goozer (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Aleve worked great for my big toe gout. The trick is in the right dose for your situation. Woke up at 2am with burning pain in my big toe. Took 550mg of Aleve and was back to sleep in about 1 hour. Went to 220mg 3x day and feel 95% better. Keep it on hand. You won't be sorry. Oh! And no side effects."

Richkjm (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Tendonitis: "I had a severe side-effect of naproxen. I had some inflammation in my left knee and it was bothering me with sitting down, so I showed it to the doctor. I was prescribed Naproxen 500mg twice a day for 5 days. I took three tables in 36 hours (making sure after lunch and dinner and with plenty of water) and after taking second pill on the fist day, I had terrible time. I couldn't sleep, have severe funny feeling in my stomach, right under my ribs and just above the stomach. I had strong empty-stomach feeling all the time. The feel for my whole body was terrible and I feel super-sick. I didn't throw up or had loose-motions but had lots of stomach pain and extreme heart-burn. I stopped taking medicine after 3 pills and informed my doctor."

Shailesh Mittal (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "I took this medicine for GOUT just prior to a holiday. It reduced the pain of the gout but made my legs feel as if they were made of lead! I did not continue after 3 or 4 tablets as they were affecting my ability to walk successfully."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been using this for about a week now and it has completely changed my life. I am more or less free of pain. The side effects are a little worrying but as long as you watch out for these it should be ok. I am now able to go to work and actually function without being in pain. For me it is working."

Maddy V April 25, 2016

For Period Pain: "Been having severe menstrual cramps since I began menstruation. I tried Naproxen (prescribed) in the past and it worked very well. Now, it has no effect what so ever. So far, liquid ibuprofen has been the only thing that helps make the pain manageable."

Plain_Jane321 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Headache: "Suffer from severe headache and usually no medicine works- but by chance on holiday I had one of these that belongs to my mum and I couldn't believe how quickly it disappeared as soon as I feel a migraine coming on I take naproxen now and it goes quickly"

Vicky11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

For Headache: "Third month on naproxen and can't believe how much it has changed my life. I use to suffer with migraines and tension headaches a week before my period lasting throughout my period leaving me in incruciating pain since taking naproxen my headache pain has reduced by 80%"

Georgiema April 15, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "Dear Aleve, Your packaging is a total fail. I had to take the pliers to the bottle to get into it (it's very accommodating now) then had to take my contacts out and hunt out some reading glasses to see how many pills to take for a dose. The newly swallowed pills have not yet worked on the pain, so I have no way of deciding - at this point - if your product is worth the bother."

cricket0524 April 12, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Had been on prescription strength Naproxen for 6 days before I decided I didn't feel a benefit. Took nothing for 2 days and then bought Aleve 220 mg per pill and took 2. Not sure what the difference was but have noticed more relief from the constant discomfort while walking."

LamarrG April 4, 2016

For Period Pain: "Took two OTC. While it took the edge off the most extreme pain, was still very uncomfortable. I have a very high pain tolerance as I was a professional dancer, and martial artist. What annoys me is that you can't take anymore for 12 hours. Severe pain started coming back after 8 hours. I'd rather go back to my 4-5 Advil every 4 hours than this."

Kiyoko April 2, 2016

For Sciatica: "Been on straight codeine 7 years 12 daily just came a habit. In the end til today I crunched up bad enuough to almost drop my 3month old baby...hubby had to come home from work practically lift me in the car to the docs...ended up gtn a cordisone injection plus norflex and naproxen omg am so relaxed right now first time in years."

edwardsferris April 2, 2016

For Back Pain: "I have been suffering acute pain (on scale 1-10 stays between 7-10) due to a fibrolipoma in my lower lumbar. Seems likely I have something called Tethered Cord Syndrome. Was put on naproxen by one doctor and after taking it for a few years was sick of the way it made me feel so I stopped taking it. Noticed that when not taking it I felt just as much pain as when I was taking it, so it was not helping AT ALL. Everyone needs to know that naproxen only works for pain caused by inflammation, it will do nothing for nerve damage, in my experience."

LumbarAgony (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

Naprelan (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Works great for menstrual pain and doesn't hurt my stomach like other naproxen, as long as I take it on a full stomach. I take one and it works all day. Only draw back is the cost, so my doctor stocked me up on samples. Even with insurance it was outrageous."

AussieRab (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For Neck Pain: "I strained my neck I'm 30. This thing gave me chest pains super weakness its scary. Never again"

Side effect party March 25, 2016

For Period Pain: "I for one have horrible period cramps I have tried so many over-the-counter pain relievers and none of them worked then I tried naproxen and it changed my life I was actually able to get up and go outside and do my work I highly recommend it it's a great lifesaver if you have severe cramps like I do I have severe cramps to the point where I'm on the floor crying and almost vomiting and naproxen has held it back I mean help the pain back quite a bit love it. Its great and you don't need a perscription."

Jadice Scarlette (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Tendonitis: "Bicep tendon rupture from weight lifting. I was prescribed over the counter Aleve which is basically Naproxen twice daily for 2 weeks, then once daily for two weeks. I experienced immediate pain relief. I'm now on my third week at once a day and feels great with no side effects. Definitely on the mend. Not much into taking any kind of meds or drugs but sometimes we need them to help us recover. I highly recommend this over any other pain reliever as it is an anti inflammatory as well which this injury needs."

NikkiKoko (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Period Pain: "I had really bad cramps. I tried several things, and nothing seem to work. When I get them bad I have to miss school and just lay in my bed with back pain, headache, barf etc. So I had enough and decided to go to the doctors. My doctors prescribe me for naproxen. On the day of my cycle I took the pill and in about 30 minutes I was pain free. I took a nap and it felt like I didn't even have my period! I definitely recommend this, I am very pleased and this will be my go to every month. but remember, what works for me doesn't work for all."

KyKy128 March 22, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "Severe jumpy left leg Itching left leg"

Julianassange (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2016