User Reviews for Naproxen systemic

Also known as: Aleve, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan 375, Naprosyn

Spondylolisthesis

Frozen Shoulder
2.2

Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.9 478 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

For Gout, Acute: "After 2 and a half months of consistent gout flare ups. Indomethicin gave relief with lots of side effects. Weeks of Ibuprofen with no results. Switched to Naproxen and pain subsided immediately. All swelling gone the following day. No side effects like the Indomethicin. Feet are smaller than they have been in a long time. Even my work boots are loose now."

AK (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I'm 31. First time I've ever had an acute gout attack on my left foot big toe. This pain had me in tears. I'm a stubborn guy and normally don't take meds for anything. This pain forced me to find a doctor, who ended up prescribing Naproxen 500 mg. It works, but not as fast as I would have liked it to. I was still in pain 2 hours after taking it. Crying my eyes out. 4 hours later the pain was lessened. But not by much. Still enough for me to fall asleep. 6-8 hours later pain had lessened but not by much it was still uncomfortable to fall asleep....also a slight discomfort in my stomach (side effect?). After 11 hours later throbbing needle pain that I've been feeling has subsided 90 percent. I took my second dose and it's been maintaining so far. However, I still can barely walk. Hurts when I stand on it... it's been 2 full days with this gout thing."

Bebo (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Late life diagnosis of AS (6 months ago) - part of my cervical spine is already fused. Taking 1000 mg a day (500/twice a day) has helped a lot. I drink a lot of water and always take it with food."

CA (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2018

For Sciatica: "Prescribed 500mg twice a day of naproxen along with codeine and oramorph for my first sciatic episode. I stopped the oramorph after a couple of days as I hated the way it made me feel and the codeine lasted about 5 days. Now had 5 days of just the naproxen. The pain is unbearable in the morning and don't know if the pain goes to a manageable level because I start to move or because my morning dose has kicked in. I'm getting some weird side effects like numb fingers and bad stomach pains so I don't know if i should quit taking the drug to see if i still need it or not?"

Kara (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Period Pain: "If you have painful period cramps I totally recommend this. It helps me a lot."

Iislandgold (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Sciatica: "Please be aware cause extreme bleeding inside your body do not take unless I absolutely have to does not even help with pain like it's supposed to"

Smily (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "Took 3 Aleve liqued gels within 2 hrs and it progressive made my headache worse and I had an event to go to later that evening too. Not very reliable. Advil works more effectively even if I have to take 3+"

1_kat_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "2013/14 took 2 Aleve every a.m. for knees. I found myself feeling weak - like going to pass out. Went to primary next day. Checked blood count and did the rectal blood. Told my SO to get me to emergency now. Blood count 7 and needed transfusion. Had endoscopy. Released after 3 days -blood normal. Told to see gastro upon my release. Over the next week had colonoscopy, intestinal exam, and lastly capsule endoscopy - swallow a small capsule camera to film 8 hours going through my body. Dr and I reviewed the results. Three places in intestines indicated bleeding - I could see them. He asked me food or meds I was taking - Aleve had caused the bleeding as it is a NSAID. I can't take any NSAID and nothing with aspirin in it or I may bleed. So now I basically live w/o taking anything for pain. ALEVE - Read the package - very small print - may cause BLEEDING."

Lee October 8, 2018

For Pain: "I give it a "1" because "0" is not an option. This medicine has never helped me relieve any kind of pain. :{"

ROR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "This is my first time using Aleve and it has worked wonders for me. I cannot believe how well it has worked so far! I have had severe cramps since I was 12 years and have tried so many pain relievers that haven't worked so well. I took 2 pills about 20 minutes after I started cramping and 20 minutes later, I was all good! For 24 hours! The third day is usually my worst but I took two pills and I was good for about 17 hours then I took 1 pill and I was good for another 9 hours. And it doesn't make me nauseated! So glad I found this, I just hope it keeps on working like this."

shukrani12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have AS and have been in a flare up for about a week now. Hurting from my pelvis to my feet, it was causing extreme difficulty with walking. Haven’t wanted people to notice the few times I’ve had to get out of the house so would walk decently with excruciating pain. My feet have been hurting everywhere, with painful throbbing and stabbing pain with every step. I have been feeling “shocks” in my left hip area with my steps, almost sending me to the floor at times. Last night, after I got in bed, the throbbing pain was keeping me awake so I got up and took two Aleve gel tabs. Within 30 min, while lying in bed, I noticed the throbbing had stopped. Upon awakening and standing I was much better. I could not believe the difference in my gait with my pain level dropping significantly today. I feel so much better now! Thank goodness"

Pud (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Back Pain: "I tore my trapezius and was prescribed naproxen and co-codamol. I was fine during the day time on this cocktail and took it with food as instructed. On the first night I was awoken in the early hours with the most excruciating stomach pain, nausea and dizziness. My stomach feels tender to the touch. Researched both drugs online and naproxen is the clear culprit. Not taking it again."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "I have been taking Ibuprofen for years but only helped a little I saw commercial for Aleve and thought I would try What a difference in my back pain and sciatica. It even took down the inflammation in my hands"

Smw (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Period Pain: "Had 5 days of bad bleeding but just 1 dose of 220 mg it went down to med flow."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Neck Pain: "I found it as most effective medication for cervical pain with compression syndrome, with minimal or no side effects. I've being taken at night after meal for many years. Just do not overdose! and find minimal effective dose for your condition. Naproxen is the best!"

Alex Z. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "I took one aleve pill and with in 10 minutes it helped my body regulate the severe symptoms. I am happy about aleve , I have not tried any other medicine yet."

Dd (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Sciatica: "Sciatica pain was severe and switched from ibuprofen Advil to naproxen Aleve and found absolutely no difference whatsoever. Excruciating pain never subsided and barely took the edge off. Am now trying AC&C which has always worked as a pain killer for me probably due to the mix if Aspirin Caffeine and Codeine. I have read that sciatica does not necessarily need an anti inflammatory. At least I slept 5 hours straight on AC&C"

BritCrit (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had rheumatoid arthritis for over 25 years. I have always found that if I take only 200 mg naproxen or ibuprofen with water and some food an hour before going to bed, I have very little morning stiffness in my hands or feet. It makes a world of difference to me taking it before bed time."

Annie August 26, 2018

For Tendonitis: "I took prescription-strength naproxen after a shoulder injury. It helped with that but made pain in my knees and hips much much worse somehow. When I take it my shoulder feels better for a few hours but my knees start to ache."

so (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I take a few of these in a gout attack and soon relieves the pain and I can walk again !! Super"

Tarby (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "I too cannot believe how well Aleve works! I've had bad cramps, pain and misery that lasted for two days, interrupting my life every month and giving a feeling of dread each time 'that time' approached. My sister mentioned recently that Aleve helped her, so I tried it. For the second month now, I am able to function with pretty mild symptoms! It's a miracle. So happy to have found this!! Wish I'd known about it 10 years ago, to think the suffering was so simply solved. So grateful."

Isabell22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Back Pain: "Dr prescribed these for severe back pain along with co-codamol nothing is touching the pain. However they do both send me to sleep "

C (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For Back Pain: "I took naproxen 500 mg late Tuesday night with food as told and by early hours Wednesday I was in real bad pain stomach cramps and wind and didn't help at all with the pain for my back. All day Wednesday back pain was just as bad and cramps too. The cramps stopped about 8pm Wednesday night and my stomach hasn't been right since just wondering if anyone else has as same thing happen to them."

Anonymous August 4, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "As a mail carrier, I walk 11 miles a day for the last 22 years. Inflammation in my knees has really affected me, making my day difficult and painful to get the job done. 2 Aleve gelcaps work WONDERS and in less than 10 minutes!"

Mail girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2018

For Period Pain: "Has been amazing for my period pain. Nothing seemed to work and I would be up all hours of the morning not being able to sleep. The pain was so unbearable. My doctor the prescribed 500mg naproxen and it’s been a life saver I’m now able to stop skipping work and social events. Takes about 30-40 mins to completely kick in and I don’t feel any pain. Haven’t noticed any side effects."

Cyd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...