User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Gout, Acute 29 reviews 83 medications

2.7
Neck Pain 2 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Naproxen reviews 384 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Naproxen

For Muscle Pain: "Previous had this prescribed to me for Back Pain several year ago. 500mg twice a day and it certainly used to take the edge off the pain. Of course it won't eradicate the pain, it's only a mild NSAID not an opioid. Recently been using 500mg per day for a week for calf strain from running injury. Really helped in the first 48hrs. It seem there's a few comments on here regarding allergic reactions. Allergies to aspirin and other NSAID are common. If you are not allergic, then I recommend Naproxin as a starting point."

AlanUK February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "Did not relieve excruciating lower back pain from my Degenerative disc disease"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "Slight pain reduction. But really not worth noting. It's the colcrys that really nips it in the bud when I feel an attack coming on. I've tried the aleeve a couple times when I didn't have the other media on hand. Just didn't seem to do much. Same for any other Naproxin sodium product."

Mike Mc Mickerson 54398 February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Have taken Naproxen 750mg slow release for Psoriatic arthritis for about 2 years as daily pain relief, good efficacy but gradually diminishes over time. Still overall positive."

Aussie Beau (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I have a real problem because no otc medicine works with me so I have to suffer most of the time"

Ftv719 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Headache: "It's great for my frequent migraines"

JewelsSC February 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I have siaticia from lower lumbar to right leg all way down . been taken this just today and I can safely say it's the bees knees. Totally fine to take and works a treat."

Sara888 January 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gout, Acute: "I get gout flares very seldom, my last one was very painful, took naproxen for the first time it worked immediately. I love it."

danny. (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "Terrible heartburn and nausea after three doses(pills). Stopped on the advice of Doctor."

Marky Barky (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gout, Acute: "First gout attack 6 mo ago. Very painful, could barely walk. I am 46, active all my life, 200lbs, probably drink too much. My dad also has the disease. On the first occurance, naproxen had little effect even at high doses as is recommended for first onset. Went to the doctor and went to the next level--Indocin. Time and this drug helped. I did not alter my lifestyle. I am currently traveling through the Dominican Republic and woke up with a sore toe. Not nearly as painful as the first attack. Went to the pharmacia and bought some naproxen and took a good high dose (880 mg (go big or go home)). Two hours later, I could probably play football (soccer)...Will continue one tab (220mg) every every 6 to 8 hrs for the next couple of day"

Vanman604 (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took Naproxen for a week without taking Omeprazole. The doctor had said I should only take the Omeprazole if needed. By the time I needed it , the damage had been done. I had chronic gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) caused by the Naproxen. You must take both at the same time. I was in agony."

downhillafter50 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Period Pain: "I have always had severe period cramps, fainting, nausea, and stabbing pains. Naproxen 500 has been the only (non birth control remedy) that greatly relieves my pain. It's tricky because you have to get the timing just right, not too soon before period cramps start or too late after they already started. You must start it the moment you feel cramps. Starting before your period isn't as effective because that's not how this medication works best."

Dee79 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neck Pain: "First time took two 220mg had chest pain and left arm pain lasted few days. Thought I just took to much. 5 months later another neck ache only thing with me at work those same rugby 220 naproxen. Instantaneously felt like I was having a heart attack, the following day my knees became swollen and I couldn't walk. Three weeks later I still feel like I am having a heart attack. This product is the direct cause and the doctors have yet to figure out what it is. My chest keeps swelling up randomly, I have a one year old and a three year old and hate the thought I might die from taking one dumb pill for pain. Never again I'll just take the pain."

Dmaxchris (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Period Pain: "Cramps woke me up. Took 500 mg of Naproxen because I was out of advil. It worked in 25 minutes to eliminate all pain."

Anglee45 December 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Aleve is great for back pain.I take one pill in the morning. And one at night before bed time.no pain at all.That's what my M.D. told me to take.thanks Aleve .great job"

Big kj December 16, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "I have severe back problems. I also have arthritis. The doctors kept giving me narcotics so I felt like a zombie all the time. and hated it. I decided to try some Aleve. It eased the pain enough that I can actually go out and do things I did before the back problems. No worries about being too drowsy to drive. Not everyone can take this and you should ask your doctor before taking it. I was an emergency room nurse for 20 years and I never had a patient with an allergic reaction to this type of medication but it can happen. The most common side effect is stomach problems so don't take it on an empty stomach."

shlbycindy16 December 15, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have R.A and I was skeptical at first but I was in so much pain in my wrist and hand I wanted to scream. Well I took a 250 mg Aleve and it took 2 hours to kick in but I must say thank goodness for Aleve. I still feel a small amount of discomfort but its nothing that will interfere with my day, I recommend this. Normally I take Tylenol but I think I like Aleve better. My first time taking it. Put it this way it won't hurt to try and I'm glad I did."

Mona Lisa December 15, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Back Pain: "Last November I was prescribed naproxen for lower back pain. After 4 days I ended up in the back of an ambulance on route to A&E. It all started with my back pain increasing, it spread up my back and across my chest. I could hardly breathe, had sharp shooting pains in my central chest area. I was discharged from A&E that afternoon and after that things got steadily worse. I ended up with serious heart palpitations, tinnitus and confusion. Have had the all clear regarding blocked arteries, no problem there. The doctors that dealt with me refuse to accept that naproxen might have been responsible, I'm now a regular attendee at the Royal London hospital, the heart failure clinic. If YOUR doctor prescribes you naproxen, remember this post."

Mac39 December 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Aleve made me itch from head to toe within 30 minutes of taking 2 pills. It was the absolute worst experience. The pain was more tolerable than the itch."

Prissyd (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Period Pain: "I've suffered from horrible period cramps my entire life. When I was younger, I would need to be picked up from school and was bed ridden all day. Advil has never helped reduce these cramps, in fact, it made my bleeding heavier. I started taking naproxen after my obgyn recommended it and it really does help to reduce the severity of the cramps. I still get mild cramps the first two days, but I am able to function and perform my daily activities. It works more efficiently if you take it twice a day for a few days leading to your period."

Chris1119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "I took 2 pills (220mg each) in the morning and it may take 1-2 hour before the pain is completely gone. I've sciatica on my right leg from lower back down to the bottom of my feet. Tickling & numbness besides the pain each morning. First thing I did was taking 2 pills immediately. I also practice yoga regularly..., I'm so grateful to discover Aleve for sciatica! Will take it as long as my sciatica is here..."

Yogivino (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Period Pain: "I take naproxen to help decrease the blood when I'm on my period taking it 3 times a day 3 days before my period and up to and it works great, I was prescribed by the doctor around a year ago and it's really been helping my periods to become lighter, since I take it for 3 days before my period I don't see any help with period pain and I never knew it could help that so my periods are still as painful as before taking naproxen"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gout, Acute: "Was on crutches all day yesterday, painful as hell, finally out of desperation went researching for any relief from the pain. Found this site and read this forum. While still on crutches went to local Duane Read (NYC), took some pills of Aleve at 12am and promptly passed out. Bottle states, take 2 max. Woke up at 4am, I can actually walk to the bathroom without crutches... it apparently took about 50% of the pain away. Still painful, still hobbling around, but I can walk unassisted! No crutches! Took another aleve pill at 4:30am and 5am, I will be loading up my pickup truck full of video gear which weighs almost 1,000lbs! I am so glad I read this forum. Thanks guys! That really helped out!"

barfman (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain: "Dumb doctors prescribed me this junk for a week for my damaged rotator cuff that has started to act up with medium labor and cause my whole arm to go cold and throb with pain. My hand also is going numb towards the end of the day. It did not touch my pain whatsoever. Instead it caused me to be fatigued, dizzy, raised my blood pressure, and made me feel like throwing up due to the terrible taste that lasted an hour and upset stomach that I had while the "medication's" effects lasted. This stuff is absolutely terrible, and so are any physicians that prescribe it. DO NOT TAKE IT. Ibuprofen lessened my pain at least a little bit with no side effects."

AVOID AT ALL COSTS (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "Hi everyone I'm 42 I just had all my teeth pulled on Oct 6 ,2016. I was in severe pain Felt like my mouth was butchard I took a bottle pain relievers in two days no help so I get a bottle of Aleve 12 hour let me tell you it stopped my pain I was so relieved so the meds said take two than 1 every 4 hours so I bought a bottle of extra strength Tylenol and I would take the aleve every four hours and 30 minutes later I would take the 0ne Tylenol extra strength Works perfect today is my 4 day I feel great thanks Aleve"

greeneyes 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016