User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief …show all brand names

Spondylolisthesis

Frozen Shoulder
2.2

Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.9 465 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

For Period Pain: "Had 5 days of bad bleeding but just 1 dose of 220 mg it went down to med flow."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Neck Pain: "I found it as most effective medication for cervical pain with compression syndrome, with minimal or no side effects. I've being taken at night after meal for many years. Just do not overdose! and find minimal effective dose for your condition. Naproxen is the best!"

Alex Z. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "I took one aleve pill and with in 10 minutes it helped my body regulate the severe symptoms. I am happy about aleve , I have not tried any other medicine yet."

Dd (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Sciatica: "Sciatica pain was severe and switched from ibuprofen Advil to naproxen Aleve and found absolutely no difference whatsoever. Excruciating pain never subsided and barely took the edge off. Am now trying AC&C which has always worked as a pain killer for me probably due to the mix if Aspirin Caffeine and Codeine. I have read that sciatica does not necessarily need an anti inflammatory. At least I slept 5 hours straight on AC&C"

BritCrit (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have had rheumatoid arthritis for over 25 years. I have always found that if I take only 200 mg naproxen or ibuprofen with water and some food an hour before going to bed, I have very little morning stiffness in my hands or feet. It makes a world of difference to me taking it before bed time."

Annie August 26, 2018

For Tendonitis: "I took prescription-strength naproxen after a shoulder injury. It helped with that but made pain in my knees and hips much much worse somehow. When I take it my shoulder feels better for a few hours but my knees start to ache."

so (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I take a few of these in a gout attack and soon relieves the pain and I can walk again !! Super"

Tarby (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "I too cannot believe how well Aleve works! I've had bad cramps, pain and misery that lasted for two days, interrupting my life every month and giving a feeling of dread each time 'that time' approached. My sister mentioned recently that Aleve helped her, so I tried it. For the second month now, I am able to function with pretty mild symptoms! It's a miracle. So happy to have found this!! Wish I'd known about it 10 years ago, to think the suffering was so simply solved. So grateful."

Isabell22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Back Pain: "Dr prescribed these for severe back pain along with co-codamol nothing is touching the pain. However they do both send me to sleep "

C (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

For Back Pain: "I took naproxen 500 mg late Tuesday night with food as told and by early hours Wednesday I was in real bad pain stomach cramps and wind and didn't help at all with the pain for my back. All day Wednesday back pain was just as bad and cramps too. The cramps stopped about 8pm Wednesday night and my stomach hasn't been right since just wondering if anyone else has as same thing happen to them."

Anonymous August 4, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "As a mail carrier, I walk 11 miles a day for the last 22 years. Inflammation in my knees has really affected me, making my day difficult and painful to get the job done. 2 Aleve gelcaps work WONDERS and in less than 10 minutes!"

Mail girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2018

For Period Pain: "Has been amazing for my period pain. Nothing seemed to work and I would be up all hours of the morning not being able to sleep. The pain was so unbearable. My doctor the prescribed 500mg naproxen and it’s been a life saver I’m now able to stop skipping work and social events. Takes about 30-40 mins to completely kick in and I don’t feel any pain. Haven’t noticed any side effects."

Cyd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Naproxen helps me with my diagnosed Major Mood Disorder (MMD) and Post Traumatic Disorder chronic symptoms.I have observed during periods of my suffering pain, I experience a significant positive shift in my outlook on life (more hopeful and full of positive physical energy and mentally able to concentrate while multitasking). No side effects felt. I am middle age African American male taking this medication for osteoarthritis of foot and other pain symptoms."

Pharoah (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 21, 2018

For Period Pain: "I took naproxen, and I haven’t gotten my period for two months, and it still hasn’t come, I’ll keep everyone updated."

Michelle July 11, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Relieved back pain but resulted in bad heartburn"

Rhonda (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Sciatica: "Took 1 tablet each night for ten days. Dealt with pain, occasionally felt nausea, last night felt pain all over, from head to toe and red blood blister appeared on arm, plus skin sore to touch."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have gout arthritis osteoarthritis , and probably tendinitis I have had a very hectic sporting life , I first went onto diclofenac but was put on naproxen safer drug I found them both brilliant had no side effects but I am concerned of the long term side effects , you can't stop the aging process but this helps , and if you start a fitness regime hopefully theses will help with the pain when getting there ."

franko (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "For at least 7 years, I have taken one aleve before going to sleep every night for osteoarthritis pain in my lower back. It has worked marvellously. Unfortunately I can no longer take Aleve as I have stage 3 kidney disease which my doctor is attributing to long term usage of Aleve. I now take a low dosage Tylenol but it does not work near as well as the Aleve ..."

Jazz (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "For several years I took Bayer Back & Body for my chronic back/sciatica pain (2 tabs, 2x day). I found very little relief. I recently started taking Aleve Back & Muscle Pain..This is my third day using Aleve Back & Muscle Pain...What a difference in just 3 days!!! I take 1 tab in the morning and it last all day!! The pain/burning sensation in my back/leg has reduced sufficiently. Thank You Aleve!!!"

sissie69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Period Pain: "Ever since I was 16 or so, I have had extremely painful menstrual cycles. I will feel uncomfortable a couple of days before bleeding and then hit like a freight train, the first day of bleeding and usually leading into day 2. The kind of pain where I can't think straight and feel the urge to vomit and poop all at once. I have often had to miss work due to the severity of pain. Finally after being fed up with Ibuprofen not working at all anymore, I went to a dr and was prescribed naproxen 500mgs. I find that when I take one 500mg pill at the first tinge of pain, I am usually experiencing relief within 30 minutes. I also find that when I drink LOTS of water with the dosage it kicks in even sooner than 30 minutes. In hind-sight I wish I would have known about naproxen when I was in my teens."

AllyCat May 26, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "For a disabling gout flare: 500mg then 250mg every 8 hrs or if pain not cleared then 2x 250mg twice or up to 3x (ie 3x doses 500mg each) max (rarely need 3x). Way better than colchicine but GP reckons colchicine protects body better than naproxen- much more research needed. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2018

For Pain: "A complete joke. I just went to the emergency room from a fall. Torn rotator cuff and ligaments, prescribed naproxen. Has not touched the pain. Then I’m reading it’s great for menstrual cramps and headaches, but not for this. Thanks to the ER Dr - NOT."

Ernie April 30, 2018

For Headache: "Seems like when I take Aleve for my bad shoulder pain due to severe arthritis,I get a headache."

Dugndeep (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have never taken Aleve before. Dr recommended for my trigger finger (inflammation) it did help. Took the round blue pill 220mg one after dinner. 4 tables in four days. I’m stopping it today as I got a sore throat out of the blues. Could it be a reaction.. ? I’m pretty healthy and I know taking medications is not my forte. Still I know it did help."

Alice April 24, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "Got given it after I popped my knee out of place. Doctor didn't know what was wrong but causing me so many problems after. I'm aching and hurting all over. My hands hurt, yesterday I couldn't even move my wrist, my feet and ankles hurt, depressed etc. I stopped taking it, feel less sad but I'm still aching."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...