User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief …show all brand names

Spondylolisthesis

Frozen Shoulder
2.2

Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.9 448 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "For several years I took Bayer Back & Body for my chronic back/sciatica pain (2 tabs, 2x day). I found very little relief. I recently started taking Aleve Back & Muscle Pain..This is my third day using Aleve Back & Muscle Pain...What a difference in just 3 days!!! I take 1 tab in the morning and it last all day!! The pain/burning sensation in my back/leg has reduced sufficiently. Thank You Aleve!!!"

sissie69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Period Pain: "Ever since I was 16 or so, I have had extremely painful menstrual cycles. I will feel uncomfortable a couple of days before bleeding and then hit like a freight train, the first day of bleeding and usually leading into day 2. The kind of pain where I can't think straight and feel the urge to vomit and poop all at once. I have often had to miss work due to the severity of pain. Finally after being fed up with Ibuprofen not working at all anymore, I went to a dr and was prescribed naproxen 500mgs. I find that when I take one 500mg pill at the first tinge of pain, I am usually experiencing relief within 30 minutes. I also find that when I drink LOTS of water with the dosage it kicks in even sooner than 30 minutes. In hind-sight I wish I would have known about naproxen when I was in my teens."

AllyCat May 26, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "For a disabling gout flare: 500mg then 250mg every 8 hrs or if pain not cleared then 2x 250mg twice or up to 3x (ie 3x doses 500mg each) max (rarely need 3x). Way better than colchicine but GP reckons colchicine protects body better than naproxen- much more research needed. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2018

For Pain: "A complete joke. I just went to the emergency room from a fall. Torn rotator cuff and ligaments, prescribed naproxen. Has not touched the pain. Then I’m reading it’s great for menstrual cramps and headaches, but not for this. Thanks to the ER Dr - NOT."

Ernie April 30, 2018

For Headache: "Seems like when I take Aleve for my bad shoulder pain due to severe arthritis,I get a headache."

Dugndeep (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I have never taken Aleve before. Dr recommended for my trigger finger (inflammation) it did help. Took the round blue pill 220mg one after dinner. 4 tables in four days. I’m stopping it today as I got a sore throat out of the blues. Could it be a reaction.. ? I’m pretty healthy and I know taking medications is not my forte. Still I know it did help."

Alice April 24, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "Got given it after I popped my knee out of place. Doctor didn't know what was wrong but causing me so many problems after. I'm aching and hurting all over. My hands hurt, yesterday I couldn't even move my wrist, my feet and ankles hurt, depressed etc. I stopped taking it, feel less sad but I'm still aching."

Nat (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Fever: "Worked better than Tylenol to control fever, and works longer. 1g Tylenol brought my 101 fever down to 99, while 440mg of Naproxen sodium knocked the same 101 fever the next morning down to my normal temp of 96."

Jason (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Although it's a great pain reliever for my son it has caused terrible stomach pains and a flare of asthma. They worst was anaphylaxis and a trip to the A&E. No more naproxen for us :("

Masonsmum April 12, 2018

For Period Pain: "I am overweight which brings more unnecessary pain to my cramps, as well as having bad cramps runs in my family. I am not new to naproxen but one day when I woke up at night in severe pain where I wanted to poop, puke and die, I took one and hopped in n the shower. Roughly 20 minutes for me to feel 80 better and because of that I’m grateful."

Wish (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "My dr put me on naproxen after he gave me shots in my knees for pain which were no help. I'm still in pain, it's like taking an asprin, what a waste of my money. "

Painful (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Period Pain: "My second-day cramps are usually so terrible that I cannot get out of bed. I've tried Pamprin, Midol, and other pain relievers for my menstrual cramps and none of them helped with the pain. Aleeve is the only one that works for me. If I take 2 and then take a short nap, my cramps are completely gone when I wake up."

meg (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2018

For Spondylolisthesis: "Very good for neck ache. Usually pain disappears within eight mins/"

Baz (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2018

For Period Pain: "Ever since I could remember I always had the worst period cramps. I would miss school, work, parties, you name it for the first 2 days of my flow because the pain was just too much to handle. I threw up every month, felt weak, faint and had a hard time even getting out of bed. A year ago I finally decided I've had enough and do not deserve to go through this pain monthly. My doctor prescribed me Naproxen 500, and although it certainly isn't a miracle worker, I am now able to go on with my life and complete my day to day tasks. The discomfort is still mildly there, but I am just so happy to not be on the toilet puking each month from the severe pain. I am able to function with Naproxen and it has helped me significantly."

Daisy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2018

For Period Pain: "I have awful period cramps and this did not help at all"

jensen84819 February 21, 2018

For Period Pain: "It's the only one that works for me. I'm having a lot of cramps and pain every month and the first day I have to stay in my bed but with this medication everything is going away! When I notice the first symptoms I take it and after 20 Minutes I have nothing. I need to take it only one time in the first day. I have zero side effects."

Rleni (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2018

For Pain: "I've been using Aleve for a couple years now for my period pain. Taking one gel capsule right as I start feeling pain seems to get rid of it altogether within about 10mins! I never really trusted that drugs worked well until I used Aleve. Now, I got my last wisdom tooth pulled yesterday. The dentist suggested Tylenol (500mg)+Advil (600mg), and wrote me a prescription for percocet (which I haven't filled yet) if I'd rather that. Tried the Tylenol/Advil combo. Barely worked. Couldn't sleep and early morning I grabbed my Aleve to see if that would help... Pain is pretty much gone unless I move that area of the mouth. I love Aleve. I put 9/10 because it failed me just once with my period. (It's possible I took it too late though.)"

Young Female (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "I took a first dose of two like instructed for body pain and gave me an instant horrible headache that has lingered a bit."

Jimmy Alex January 17, 2018

For Period Pain: "I've been taking naproxen for a couple of months for severe cramps and it has been working wonders. Two a day on day 2 of my cycle and I'm good, then maybe 1/2 on day 3 going into day 4. My only side effect this month is that my cycle has stayed on a little longer. It's usually 6 days max....and now I'm on day 8, so hopefully the end is near !! I'll definitely try it again next month !!"

ChocChic (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "Pharmacist offered this for joint/muscle pain, related to unknown condition (possibly beginning of rheumatoid or reactive arthritis). After I took 220mg, it made me calm, painless, but I also felt kind of isolated, and deeply depressed. An irrational feeling of untouchable, undefinable empty sadness. I felt very bad, could not stop the whole experience. I was happy it was the end of the day and so I went to bed. The painkiller effect and anti inflammatory effect was however very effective. It erased all my pain in my muscles. But be careful, if you are sensitive. I did not have suicidal thoughts, but I was close to it! I felt if I would watch a very sad documentary about all the bad things humans did."

Karlitos (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2018

Naproxen Sodium DS (naproxen) for Tendonitis: "I picked up some aleve and took it when my tendonitis flared up and it did nothing. I had to take the generic brand of ibprophen before I could get some rest."

Did not happen (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2017

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Soon as I feel a little cramping coming on when my period starts I take 2 aleves and my cramps are gone for majority of the day if not the whole day."

Lmc98 December 22, 2017

For Neck Pain: "Experienced a neck injury (occipital neuralgia) so had Cervical Neuralgia / Occipital Neuralgia. The Dr. prescribed naproxen. Now that I have experienced a horrible, terrible and destructive medical condition directly from naproxen, I strongly recommend to everyone, if this drug is prescribed to you, drop the prescription into the toilet and run away as fast as you can!!! This horrible drug depleted my iron to the stage of anemia, which of course depletes CBC count in hematology. Now I am in 6-7 months of slowly rebuilding my iron, which rebuilds hematology."

100% Honesty (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2017

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "Of the various OTC pain medications I have tried, Aleve has worked the best. Though I'm not so much of a stickler when it comes to only buying name brands (oftentimes I've found that generics work just fine), I find that the name-brand Aleve has more of a positive effect for me than generic naproxen. Nevertheless, I keep a bottle of Aleve nearby at all times. It truly helps."

Julian Paul (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2017

For Pain: "I am a 65 yr old, female in excellent health except that I have ankle & knee pain . On vacation I, daily, took 500mg Naproxen for 3 weeks due to a mis-step and slight fall. Upon return home, 1 month later I am having extreme hair loss."

Kscheers December 9, 2017