User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 7 reviews 41 medications

2.7
Neck Pain 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Naproxen reviews 357 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Naproxen

For Pain: "I have a Anterior labral tear Instant pain relief soon after the first dose (500mg twice daily) use codeine as a breakthrough medication in case it gets more severe but other than that, highly recommended pain relief as an alternative to opioid medication "

Kieranrevill1996 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Two days ago I was getting out of my car . I slipped on the gravel, twisting and slipping the lower discs in my back. For two days I haven't been able to move without excruciating pain . I have been crying for two days I've taken Advil, Tylenol, Motrin muscle relaxers. Just a few hours ago my friend cones over hands me two aleves and some warm water. Within 30minutes I'm not lying the pain is gone. Thank you aleve, i promise to pass the word of your greatness."

Breanzelle September 26, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "I get gout in both big toe joints a couple of times per year and have always been to busy to go to the Doctor. I started off having tablets from friends who suffer from gout and tried a few different types that they had been prescribed and always kept on stand-by! The best one I've found (and I've suffered for several years now) was Naproxen. My friends would give me a few pills and they would relieve it every time. Some other NSAIDs did not work at all. After doing a bit of research I discovered that Naproxen is a prescription drug. However, it is contained in Feminax Ultra which is sold over the counter for period pain only. I always keep a pack near me and take 4 pills as soon as I feel it starting. Works every time."

zubstah September 21, 2016

For Pain: "Gives me noticeable stomach pain on occasion and I only take when I am desperate due to the risk of it causing stomach ulcers/intestinal bleeding in otherwise healthy people. It works very well to stop joint and menstrual pain though and also relaxes my joints and gives greater flexibility."

Chai tee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Save your money. Might as well take a baby aspirin. Extra strength Advil Liquid Gels, or Tylenol Arthritis work 10 times better."

JSF130 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Back Pain: "Currently taking prescribed Naproxen 500mg twice daily for severe lower back pain. I feel a small amount of relief for a 2 hours and then my back pain is in full force. I felt nauseous and i did eat 20 minutes before taking this medicine, There has to be a better way!"

LisaE2017 August 20, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "I had an acute gout attack in my big toe which was extremely painful and started right away with very high doses of Ibuprofen. After 3 days there was little to no change, still very painful, not able to walk and red and swollen. I read about Naproxen on this page and - living in the UK - it is only available in the format of Feminax, which are tablets for period pain relief. Having nothing to lose, I went ahead and bought a pack. I started at 8am with 2 pills (500 mg) which started to relief the pain about 2 hours later. I took the third pill (250 mg) at 4pm. By 7pm I could feel no pain at all. At midnight I took the next pill (8 hours later, again 250 mg) and when I woke up at 7 I had no symptoms left. What a great pill."

Dee72 August 17, 2016

For Headache: "I'm 40 and have been a long life sufferer of migraines especially 3/4 days before my period. My migraines would last 4/5 days with the first day not able to function at all. I will be looking for a cool, dark and quite room to lay my body in and not to speak.. Since I was prescribed Naproxen 250 mg, I started taking 2 just as I start feeling a tingle of it coming. It doesn't stop it all together, but it eases it. It made my life a lot better. I get a lot less episodes of migraine that don't last long. I also made a change in my life style. I make sure I avoid stress when I can, I do take at least a day when I don't do anything but chill, not even housework. My diet has always been very healthy and balanced so I know it's not it's not that."

DTaggart August 9, 2016

For Period Pain: "Aleve is much more effective for me than Advil. Like everyone else I've been dealing with extremely painful cramps my whole life. I was taking Advil but would always end up throwing up and bent over in excruciating pain, switched to Aleve and at least now I can function during the first three critical days and not stuck in bed throwing up. I still get bad cramps every now and then so it's not perfect but at least Aleve helps me get through it. I usually take two in the morning; two at night. There should be a support group for woman that suffer from severe menstrual cycles. I feel like I'm the only one, but felt better after reading some of the other posts here; I'm not alone in my struggle."

PASF August 7, 2016

For Back Pain: "I am having severe pain on my right shoulder, radiating to my elbow, and a numbed index finger. I was prescribed 500 mg of naproxen twice daily. It is woefully inadequate. I have been supplementing with tylenol but that still isn't cutting it. This is nof a drug that works for me."

Mnmmmmmmmmmm July 30, 2016

For Period Pain: "I have very painful cramps, nausea, vomiting, the whole works. When I was younger, I'd have to come home early from school because I took the Advil too late, or was scared to take it at all for fear it would make the pain worse or wouldn't work at all. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't. This is the case with all other pain medications I've tried to lessen my period pain. As for my 375 mg, prescription Naproxen, I can say that it worked fabulously the first time I used it. But today is the third time (month) I've used it and I'm in not-to-be-snuffed-at pain. I'm getting by with applied heat. I'm at a loss for what I should do this month and the next month and the next."

Yellowshoes (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

For Period Pain: "I used to just take ibuprofen and that would only take the edge off but I will still be in a lot of pain that I have vomited before and had to go home from work. Then I tried taking ibuprofen and paracetamol at the same time, 2 of each every 4 hours which was better but I could still feel the pain. Then someone suggested I try Naproxen and it has honestly changed my life. Now I only need to take 2 the first time and then 1 every 6-8 hours and I am almost totally pain free. I'm just kicking myself I didn't try it 10 years ago. I'm Australian so I just buy it over the counter and it about $20 for a packet."

Lydgiff July 26, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Not as good as THC but very effective for me. One wants a solution that allows your mind to not constantly be aware of pain. This does the job for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "Had tennis elbow started taking napoxen the pain started to gradually decrease after a couple of days ,i also felt very tierd and not much energy falling asleep in the day .I stoped taking then ,i really drained me ."

Daveymo (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2016

For Period Pain: "I really love naproxen and taking it. It is really effective especially with the fact that I get such strong cramps that usually keep me in bed all day. It lets me enjoy activities without worrying about pain and how to make myself feel better. Sometimes my cramps may get so strong that I can feel cramps through it but its almost not so strong but occasionally strong. Naproxen just depends on the amount of pain you get and its always a mystery for me because i can never predict my cramps. But the point is, Naproxen always makes me feel better no matter how strong my cramps are. I recommend people to take it for ease of pain and always use it with food, trust me. I didn't once and it took away the cramps but i got such a weird stomach ache."

some girl July 20, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Aleve is the only pain killer that really helps. I used to take a double dose of extra strong Midol and it would last me maybe 4 hours. With the Aleve I take 1 every 11-12 hours and I am good for the day."

Ang101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It does help a bit on stiffness and swelling. Please be sure to drink plenty of water as it can rise your creatine levels and lead to kidney problems if you don't stay hydrated."

JBK62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

For Period Pain: "I'm gonna be honest Naproxen does not help at all for my cramps. I got a IUD to help with the pain a flow of my menstrual cycle, it helped with the flow but not the pain. She prescribe this to me and I still have excruciating pain. Everyone is different"

Naiaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Sciatica: "Was originally given naproxen for dental pain. but didnt use it all, I read leaflet and saw it helps nerve pain as my sciatica flared up again now lasting ten weeks onwards. I took one yesterday and one today and its eased quite a bit. My worse time is when I get up am hobbling around on one leg until nerve settles. still get the pins needles in foot and leg, but the naproxin seems to ease the actual pain and relax the nerves. It does not make the pain go but just relaxes it. It works for some and not for others but guess same with all medicines. I have tried to manage without pain killers and didnt want to end up reliant on them. but its that or having severe pain 24.7. London Uk dont pay for meds covered via other conditions."

Music Lady June 20, 2016

For Sciatica: "Post operational sciatica after pelvic. Floor repair I have been taking two 500mg tablet twice daily. It has been marvellous can barely feel any pain. I take warfarin so really careful to take 20mgs of omprazole in the morning. No side effects after two days. First time that I have taken Naproxen .I hope if ever I need this type of relief that my GP will Prescribe again. Cannot praise enough."

Bertiedette (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

For Pain: "I was given this by the A&E Dept for multiple knee ligament rupture. Within an hour of taking: extreme vertigo, nausea, sweats, vomiting, diarrhoea and disorientation. Symptoms last for days. Don't risk it. Just take something else."

SnowBlade May 28, 2016

For Sciatica: "Have some serious side effects. Please google a little bit before using. In my case i had upset stomach. Stopped after 3 days of use"

Nahidxy (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Pain: "I'm a 31 y/o male, had a knee replacement 3 months before my last birthday. I use naproxen to manage daily pain. Works great. At least I can still poop with these in my system! If it gets too bad I also use aspercreme with lidocaine. Miracle combination."

Goozer (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Aleve worked great for my big toe gout. The trick is in the right dose for your situation. Woke up at 2am with burning pain in my big toe. Took 550mg of Aleve and was back to sleep in about 1 hour. Went to 220mg 3x day and feel 95% better. Keep it on hand. You won't be sorry. Oh! And no side effects."

Richkjm (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Tendonitis: "I had a severe side-effect of naproxen. I had some inflammation in my left knee and it was bothering me with sitting down, so I showed it to the doctor. I was prescribed Naproxen 500mg twice a day for 5 days. I took three tables in 36 hours (making sure after lunch and dinner and with plenty of water) and after taking second pill on the fist day, I had terrible time. I couldn't sleep, have severe funny feeling in my stomach, right under my ribs and just above the stomach. I had strong empty-stomach feeling all the time. The feel for my whole body was terrible and I feel super-sick. I didn't throw up or had loose-motions but had lots of stomach pain and extreme heart-burn. I stopped taking medicine after 3 pills and informed my doctor."

Shailesh Mittal (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016