User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Naproxen Sodium DS, Naprelan, Anaprox-DS, Flanax Pain Reliever, EC-Naprosyn, Aflaxen, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Pamprin All Day Relief, Midol Extended Relief, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief …show all brand names

Spondylolisthesis

2.2

Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.9 509 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

Sami · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Back Pain: "I was given Naproxen by my doctor for lower back pain and it really worked well. The pain reduced a lot and I could sleep better. The only problem is that it make my stomach feel uneasy and a little sick at times. It also gave me gas and changed my stool. I’d only ever take it again if pain is unbearable, otherwise I’d rather go through the pain until it gets better rather. However, very effective at reducing the back pain to almost no pain and that’s why I rated it 8."

syd · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "It helped my headache just a little. I really need to find a better headache medicine."

deedles · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "This medicine works excellent for my period pain. Ibuprofen works good, but not as good as Aleve does. I am very happy. I never tried it for my headaches."

Pulled Rib · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Muscle Pain: "Pulled an intercostal working out. 1 week on naproxen 500 mg twice a day and I was back to going to the gym lightly on the second week while still taking it. Fully recovered after 3 weeks."

Kit · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Period Pain: "Naproxen is excellent for period pain. I have a heavy 5 day flow with excruciating cramps. I read a study about higher does of naproxen being taken a few days BEFORE your period starts, as a way to reduce flow. Well it worked for me! Days before I'm scheduled to start my period, I take 880mg of naproxen, once a day for no more than 2 days. It reduced my period significantly. By day 3 there's hardly any bleeding at all. I'm no longer bed bound or writhing in pain and can enjoy my day. I wish I had known about it sooner."

Hannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Aleve takes away almost all of the pain. More helpful than any other drug or method I’ve tried to help with period pain."

Jai June 14, 2019

For Period Pain: "I took three 500 milligram naproxen and it didn’t help my period pain whatsoever"

independent · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: "Both generic naproxen and brand name at 500mg prescription did nothing to help with pain/inflammation and again not good for the stomach to be on too long."

sparta197 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Aleve is the ONLY drug that has worked for my horrible period pain!"

Anonymous May 25, 2019

For Period Pain: "Naproxen works absolutely amazing for period pain. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has really bad cramps or pain during their period."

Kaitlyn · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: "I am waiting for hip surgery as osteoarthritis set in due to an accident in my youth. My left leg has always been shorter and I've had Osteopath treatment off an on, though pain has never stopped me leading a very active life. The pain now is appalling, Panadol and Ibobrufen help but I still limp painfully. Have a little indigestion as well. I thought weight-gain i was having was due to lack of mobility but it was bloating side effect due to the Brufen. I can't take codeine so was prescribed Naproxyn as Ibobrufen wasn't cutting it for the pain. Naproxyn took a few days to even work and the pain was not alleviated enough to warrant putting up with extreme queasiness, flatulence, slight depression (Can't afford to start down a negative track before my operation with so much pain ahead!). Back on Ibuprufen despite the bloating."

Ls1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

For Pain: "Naproxen did not help with my pain, I've taken it for toothaches and cramps, just ended up hurting my stomach instead."

natstar May 13, 2019

For Back Pain: "lower back pain was getting worse - like breathtaking nerve pinching but on Nparoxen and I am now pain free"

tommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "I broke my wrist. There was a terrible amount of swelling in my entire hand. The was pain just touching it. I started taking Aleve. Two pills a day and the swelling went down in my fingers and thumb. I started taking three a day(the maximum) and the swelling went down in the back of my hand. I can see my knuckles for the first time in three months. I can start get strength in the hand to go back to work."

ken · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I have been taking norco 5mg a day for a bad lower back pain and of course this really did remove all pain. But many countries don't have this drug so my pharmacy said to try Aleve. I was so surprised that I still can't believe that it took 95% of my pain away. I travel with Aleve and won't have problems in bringing drugs into other countries."

Sonny · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

For Pain: "At times, I suffer from back pain although it's been much better the past 6 years. Also from throbbing shoulder and hands, at times. Enough pain and throbbing to stop me from doing anything, including sleeping. I had been taking a low dose Oxycodone, which relieved pain within 15 minutes. I still have 7 of those left from 2017, thank goodness. Even though they've turned yellow over the years, I still take one about once a month when the pain is bad. I asked my doctor about this and she said Oxycodone doesn't go bad, so to take when needed. She also said they couldn't prescribe Oxycodone any longer because of because people abuse them. Well, I don't have not abused them, but because of others, not just me but others have to suffer? Somethings not right here. She did prescribe 500mg of Naproxen. Good grief, why even bother taking it? Absolutely zero relief."

Sker2445 April 20, 2019

For Back Pain: "Been taking Naproxen for 4 years, always helps me with my herniated disc when it bulges.I have a history of taking codeine, vicodins, tamadol and etc all those pills do is take away your senses of pain that goes to your brain instead of actually healing it. I have a broken leg with 30 screws and my shoulder too, take my advice in what helps - naproxen takes time but will heal whatever you have plus it's a non narcotic will pass any drug test. I've been working for 8 years in a plant operating all sorts of stuff with out this medication I would be in bed collecting disability...Naproxen is the best"

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2019

For Neck Pain: "I broke my neck and had to have surgery to fix it and the pain is very bad. My doctor gave me Naproxen and I took it but after taking it the pain was so much worse. I will never take Naproxen again."

FM · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

For Period Pain: "I was prescribed Naproxen 500mg after going through severe post period cramps, I have tried Advil and Tylenol but none of them worked. I must confess, Naproxen does the job for me for the period pain, I am back to school studying. I feel really sleepy tho, I don't know if that's one of the side effects of taking the drug."

Ian G · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 29, 2019

For Back Pain: "I suffer with chronic backpain, Naproxen is the only painkiller to ease it. Take it with Omeprazole though as it can give you stomach ulcers/bleeding which I had when I was taking it everyday. I now just take it as and when required and with omeprazole"

Bunny · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "I've never had a bad experience with Aleve for period pain. I take it before my period even starts but if I do get cramps the day of, I can pop one, take a nap, and the pain is gone!"

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "I have stage 4 Endometriosis and in turn have terrible period cramps. I took Advil for years, but found that it always made me nauseous and just feel really out of it. I finally took the suggestion on my friends who has bad period pain and took Aleve. I take 2 at the first sign of cramps and find that the relief lasts awhile. I use to take 4 extra strength liquid advils in 24 hours, now I can take 1-2 regular Aleves' and I don't get nauseous or feel weird."

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

For Muscle Pain: "I have taken naproxen today for neck pain, it is really effective took away pain so I can focus."

Danny · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 15, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Tendonitis: "Aleve is fantastic for tendonitis in my Achilles' tendons. You'd have a fight on your hands if you took my Aleve away from me! :)"

Dpar · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

For Tendonitis: "Was prescribed therapeutic dosage Naproxen (6 220mg per day for 7-10 days) and immobilizing with strap pressure 1" below tendon for tennis elbow. This was 10 yrs ago and tendonitis never came back."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)