User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Naproxen Sodium DS, Anaprox-DS, Flanax Pain Reliever, EC-Naprosyn, Naprelan, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Pamprin All Day Relief, Aflaxen, Midol Extended Relief, All Day Pain Relief All Day Relief

Fever 10.0
Chronic Myofascial Pain 2.0
Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.9 561 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

Rob · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: “I had real lower back muscle pain for two weeks. Dr gave me Cyclbenzaprine-- not good. Saw an Aleve commercial on TV, it was a back pain reliever. Within 15 minutes of taking it sharp pain was reduced dramatically. That's all I can tell you. I still am on it and have no bad comments.”

99 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2020

For Period Pain: “Before I got on the depo shot I was having really bad period pain also times not on my period I was hurting so bad it interfered with work and sleep my doctor proscribed me Naprosyn and it worked better than a heating pad”

Shan · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “I woke up with pain on my right toe, I have tried all home remedies and normal pain relievers like ibuprofen, paracetamol, co-codmol, anadin but still had pain and swelling on my foot for 9 days , my doctor prescribed me naproxen I took 1000mg after dinner and cannot believe within 1 hour my pain started to ease, after 6-7 hours I'm almost pain free, my pain is gone but still have some stiffness and very very minor pain on walk, I'm sure after taking 1 or 2 more dose I’ll be jumping again on my feet.”

Anonymous May 31, 2020

For Pain: “Not effective at all !! Advil worked much better!!”

Gg · Taken for 10 years or more May 15, 2020

For Headache: “I have taken Naproxen for 31 years. Have to protect my stomach. Went to doctors, trials etc. Had daily headaches and high SED rate. I am praying my stomach and heart will be okay. I would not have been able to work and live a full life without it. I do take a prescription. You must take it on a full stomach and with Prilosec.”

Scoobiedoo May 4, 2020

For Period Pain: “Honestly had the worst experience with naproxen. 1. It seems like it takes extremely long to work. 2. I can use codeine, paracetamol and mefenamic acid together and that works way better. Over all experience it really didn't help me at all. Am I doing something wrong ?”

Ms purple · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For Pain: “This medication makes me extremely nauseated. I’ll stick to Ibuprofen.”

Nikki · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2020

For Period Pain: “I have PCOS and it makes my periods nearly unbearable. Most things don’t work but naproxen works so well. I also have ovary pains where I have cysts and it really helps them too. This is the only pain medication I’ve gotten real results from.”

Kai · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2020

For Period Pain: “I have severe period pain that's just gotten worse over the years. My doctor put me on Naproxen along with birth control for the pain, but neither of them help me a lot. Naproxen takes the edge off a little bit and worked well at first, but not so much after a few months.”

Simply mad all the time April 16, 2020

For Pain: “Listen whatever you do! If your stomach is sensitive don't take, naproxen, it had me so sick I thought I had the coronavirus!!!! Nauseous, dizziness and bad stomach cramps it was terrible+”

Sexy gal April 13, 2020

For Period Pain: “It really helps me very good pills, recommend to anybody who suffer with a lot of pain.Take Naproxen 500 mg pills.”

sol · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2020

For Neck Pain: “I find Aleve very useful in eliminating muscle and neck pain. I take it only when I have pain. I never take more than one a day except for severe pain. It is a very good stable medication in my view.”

chip · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Tendonitis: “THIS DRUG HAS RUINED MY LIFE. In fact I might be dying from The adverse effect it had on me I took it for tendonitis in my wrist. It reduced the pain but gave me a VERY SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECT. For the past 7 months my head is constant pain. I have numbness / tingling in my head. Also both of my hands developed numbness and pins and needles sensation as well. I have been to 3 neurologists and I'm trying to figure out how to undo these crippling effects that Naproxen has had on me. I can't exercise or basically do anything because it hurts my head. It feels like my head is constantly being squeezed. I also experience dizziness and vertigo if I try to be active. Be very careful if you take this drug. It has destroyed my life. Try any other anti inflammatory medication before this one. If you are on a benzo be very careful taking this medication. NAPROXEN HAS DESTROYED MY LIFE.”

Carmel · Taken for 10 years or more April 5, 2020

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: “I been taking Aleve since 2003. It helps releave My mingraines. This drug is a god sent.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Period Pain: “I had been taking naproxen before my period due to a sports injury. So when my period came I virtually did not feel ANYTHING. I only take 1 in the morning and 1 at night and I don’t feel any cramps at all. I think I’ve found my pain med for my period - it is naproxen!!”

MadMike · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2020

For Sciatica: “26 years US army, then 10 years civilian working in middle east, active with kids camping travel. BUT upon retiring at 56 years young suddenly the sciatic nerve issue, pain, pain, pain and did I mention PAIN?? Doc started me on 1 pill a day of naproxen, and just like a bunch of the posts on here I was skeptical to the point of laughter................Guess what after taking three days the pain subsided..... and after 6 months it was, and two year later still is, GONE...”

Buddy · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2020

For Back Pain: “I've taken prescription 500mg Naproxen twice a day everyday for 4 years. If I miss a few days my back begins to hurt. On the 1-10 scale maybe 4. If I go a week then it's a 7-8 and I can't straighten up or walk with pain. If I take 500 mg twice a day I can go all day, work hard and do it everyday. I fear where I would be without Naproxen. A few stomach problems now and then but prilosec everyday takes care of that.”

Beatle Jim February 29, 2020

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: “I've worked hard all my life. I've had disk problems in my back for 4 years now. My doctors given me this and that...but nothing really worked. I've been using Aleve now and it really takes the edge off!!!”

Kaitlin February 25, 2020

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: “It has been 20 minutes and my headache still hasn't gone away but it did take my back pain away.”

Edwin Diaz February 25, 2020

For Headache: “I get headaches after I take naproxen 500mg it helps me with my carpal tunnel syndrome but those headaches start kicking in once I take 1 naproxen, tried cutting in half but yet again get those headaches.”

TKMN · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Costochondritis: “naproxen gave me tinnitus and abdominal pains in just 2 days of taking it. I had 2x 250mg a day, my tinnitus hasn't recovered”

Gigi February 24, 2020

For Period Pain: “Just takes a lil long to kick in”

Ken · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking two 500 mg naproxen tablets per day for several years due to osteoarthritis, back & knee pain. I had no side effects for a long time, but in the last 2 years I have had issues with the skin on the back of my hands. I am a farmer, so daily work with my hands around sharp objects (like Barbed wire) is a constant. I began to get cuts and small lesions on the back of my hands that were slow to heal and then left shallow red scarring. I began researching my condition and came across "Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced pseudoporphyria". Symptoms of this condition exactly describes my condition. This is listed as "a relatively rarely reported condition", and therefore not commonly listed as a side effect of taking naproxen. I have discontinued naproxen and will be meeting with my Dr. to determine another anti-inflammatory for my condition. I hope this information helps so that someone who has this problem doesn't suffer for years with it like I have.”

Julio · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Started having naproxen 500 mg twice a day with Omeprazole for the last five weeks it seemed to work well with my arthritis in my hands, and with my new replacement knee. I now have had to stop this medication due to stomach issues. Pain in the stomach and Tar like stools (gastric bleed?). So it os back to the Doctor to seek an alternative medicine.”

carebear · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

For Pain: “I was put on naproxen and had an allergic reaction later on. Complete swollen face for 6 days straight, terrible hives and a burning itch - do not recommend.”