User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aleve, Anaprox-DS, Flanax Pain Reliever, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan 500, Naprosyn

Spondylolisthesis

Frozen Shoulder
2.2

Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.9 490 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

For Back Pain: "I suffer with chronic backpain, Naproxen is the only painkiller to ease it. Take it with Omeprazole though as it can give you stomach ulcers/bleeding which I had when I was taking it everyday. I now just take it as and when required and with omeprazole"

Ian G (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "I've never had a bad experience with Aleve for period pain. I take it before my period even starts but if I do get cramps the day of, I can pop one, take a nap, and the pain is gone!"

Bunny (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "I have stage 4 Endometriosis and in turn have terrible period cramps. I took Advil for years, but found that it always made me nauseous and just feel really out of it. I finally took the suggestion on my friends who has bad period pain and took Aleve. I take 2 at the first sign of cramps and find that the relief lasts awhile. I use to take 4 extra strength liquid advils in 24 hours, now I can take 1-2 regular Aleves' and I don't get nauseous or feel weird."

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

For Muscle Pain: "I have taken naproxen today for neck pain, it is really effective took away pain so I can focus."

Jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Tendonitis: "Aleve is fantastic for tendonitis in my Achilles' tendons. You'd have a fight on your hands if you took my Aleve away from me! :)"

Danny (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 15, 2019

For Tendonitis: "Was prescribed therapeutic dosage Naproxen (6 220mg per day for 7-10 days) and immobilizing with strap pressure 1" below tendon for tennis elbow. This was 10 yrs ago and tendonitis never came back."

Dpar (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2019

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Aleve back and muscle pills are garbage they don't work. Purchased the product twice and both times they did nothing even after taking 3 both times straight garbage should discontinue product rip off with a hyped up name."

Joe (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2019

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Not a great help and addiction ads really irritate a person in pain, get real"

Skid February 15, 2019

For Period Pain: "I have extremely painful period cramps. So bad that I've even passed out from them. Every single month I would throw up all day from the pain. I had tried every medication, then my doctor suggested Naproxen 500mg. What a miracle ! once kicks , I feel no cramps ! and for me , one pill lasts for 12+ hours. I can finally live a normal life :) the only downside is it does upset my stomach, so I take it with an anti emetic !"

jojo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2019

For Period Pain: "500 mg of Naproxen when I have menstrual cramps works wonders! I normally have really bad pain when I get my period but once the Naproxen kicks in, I no longer feel that pain. Totally recommend it."

Kat (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 10, 2019

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I was diagnosed with AS in the summer a year ago. Prescribed naproxen- 1000mg per day, I take it first thing on the morning. [Should really take it in the morning] calms the pain to a dull ache rather than pain, can absolutely tell it’s working - reduces the pain, but not the constant chronic ache ... I’d be lost without it tho "

Taz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2019

For Gout, Acute: "Hi i'm 30 years old, I have had gout flare ups since I was a little kid some severe enough to cause surgery to have to be performed. I get flare ups in both feet from my toes all the way to my ankles. In some cases it has happened in my lower spine, I have taken almost anything under the sun to try and alleviate the pain, pills, teas and patches. Maybe my body chemistry is different than most but indomethacin is the best possible thing I've found for when the pain is unbearable. Yes there are some side effects, but we can all agree we wouldn't be here if we didn't know the piercing, debilitating pain of gout and when it's that bad a few little side effects don't bother me when it attacks the pain like it does, good luck with it."

Willy (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2019

For Gout, Acute: "After 2 and a half months of consistent gout flare ups. Indomethicin gave relief with lots of side effects. Weeks of Ibuprofen with no results. Switched to Naproxen and pain subsided immediately. All swelling gone the following day. No side effects like the Indomethicin. Feet are smaller than they have been in a long time. Even my work boots are loose now."

AK (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "I'm 31. First time I've ever had an acute gout attack on my left foot big toe. This pain had me in tears. I'm a stubborn guy and normally don't take meds for anything. This pain forced me to find a doctor, who ended up prescribing Naproxen 500 mg. It works, but not as fast as I would have liked it to. I was still in pain 2 hours after taking it. Crying my eyes out. 4 hours later the pain was lessened. But not by much. Still enough for me to fall asleep. 6-8 hours later pain had lessened but not by much it was still uncomfortable to fall asleep....also a slight discomfort in my stomach (side effect?). After 11 hours later throbbing needle pain that I've been feeling has subsided 90 percent. I took my second dose and it's been maintaining so far. However, I still can barely walk. Hurts when I stand on it... it's been 2 full days with this gout thing."

Bebo (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Late life diagnosis of AS (6 months ago) - part of my cervical spine is already fused. Taking 1000 mg a day (500/twice a day) has helped a lot. I drink a lot of water and always take it with food."

CA (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2018

For Sciatica: "Prescribed 500mg twice a day of naproxen along with codeine and oramorph for my first sciatic episode. I stopped the oramorph after a couple of days as I hated the way it made me feel and the codeine lasted about 5 days. Now had 5 days of just the naproxen. The pain is unbearable in the morning and don't know if the pain goes to a manageable level because I start to move or because my morning dose has kicked in. I'm getting some weird side effects like numb fingers and bad stomach pains so I don't know if i should quit taking the drug to see if i still need it or not?"

Kara (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Period Pain: "If you have painful period cramps I totally recommend this. It helps me a lot."

Iislandgold (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2018

For Sciatica: "Please be aware cause extreme bleeding inside your body do not take unless I absolutely have to does not even help with pain like it's supposed to"

Smily (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "Took 3 Aleve liqued gels within 2 hrs and it progressive made my headache worse and I had an event to go to later that evening too. Not very reliable. Advil works more effectively even if I have to take 3+"

1_kat_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "2013/14 took 2 Aleve every a.m. for knees. I found myself feeling weak - like going to pass out. Went to primary next day. Checked blood count and did the rectal blood. Told my SO to get me to emergency now. Blood count 7 and needed transfusion. Had endoscopy. Released after 3 days -blood normal. Told to see gastro upon my release. Over the next week had colonoscopy, intestinal exam, and lastly capsule endoscopy - swallow a small capsule camera to film 8 hours going through my body. Dr and I reviewed the results. Three places in intestines indicated bleeding - I could see them. He asked me food or meds I was taking - Aleve had caused the bleeding as it is a NSAID. I can't take any NSAID and nothing with aspirin in it or I may bleed. So now I basically live w/o taking anything for pain. ALEVE - Read the package - very small print - may cause BLEEDING."

Lee October 8, 2018

For Pain: "I give it a "1" because "0" is not an option. This medicine has never helped me relieve any kind of pain. :{"

ROR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "This is my first time using Aleve and it has worked wonders for me. I cannot believe how well it has worked so far! I have had severe cramps since I was 12 years and have tried so many pain relievers that haven't worked so well. I took 2 pills about 20 minutes after I started cramping and 20 minutes later, I was all good! For 24 hours! The third day is usually my worst but I took two pills and I was good for about 17 hours then I took 1 pill and I was good for another 9 hours. And it doesn't make me nauseated! So glad I found this, I just hope it keeps on working like this."

shukrani12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have AS and have been in a flare up for about a week now. Hurting from my pelvis to my feet, it was causing extreme difficulty with walking. Haven’t wanted people to notice the few times I’ve had to get out of the house so would walk decently with excruciating pain. My feet have been hurting everywhere, with painful throbbing and stabbing pain with every step. I have been feeling “shocks” in my left hip area with my steps, almost sending me to the floor at times. Last night, after I got in bed, the throbbing pain was keeping me awake so I got up and took two Aleve gel tabs. Within 30 min, while lying in bed, I noticed the throbbing had stopped. Upon awakening and standing I was much better. I could not believe the difference in my gait with my pain level dropping significantly today. I feel so much better now! Thank goodness"

Pud (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Back Pain: "I tore my trapezius and was prescribed naproxen and co-codamol. I was fine during the day time on this cocktail and took it with food as instructed. On the first night I was awoken in the early hours with the most excruciating stomach pain, nausea and dizziness. My stomach feels tender to the touch. Researched both drugs online and naproxen is the clear culprit. Not taking it again."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "I have been taking Ibuprofen for years but only helped a little I saw commercial for Aleve and thought I would try What a difference in my back pain and sciatica. It even took down the inflammation in my hands"

Smw (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018