User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 400 reviews 1100 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 244 reviews 108 medications

Summary of Oxycodone reviews 644 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Chronic Pain: "I have widespread chronic pain and also extreme back pain from degenerative spine disease and joint disease in my back ( arthritis of the spine and arthritis of disks ) I take oxycodone 10 mg three times a day and it works amazing for my pain I also do physical therapy which keeps my pain medication intake at a good level and I don't find it to be very addictive at all."

Natallac12 September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Dose is two 36mg every 12 hours. Plus breakthrough meds. The xtampza doesn't last the full time so I've found that switching to 1 pill every 6 hours DOES WORK because there is a steady stream of meds plus the breakthrough as needed. Hope this will help."

RogueWREN September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I had a bulging disk and sciatica pain that was unbearable. I had my first surgery a disk discectomy on L5-S1. I got maybe 50% relief. Numbness was gone but still had all the back pain. Was sent to a pain management doctor, I was treated like a drug addict seeking pills. I fired him and thank goodness I found another compassionate caring doctor who treats me as a human being that is in pain. I have been on long term 60mg a day. 10mg every 4 hours. Oxycodone works to knock down the pain to tolerable levels. From a solid 8 down to a 2 on the pain scale. I have been on it so long that I do not get the high from it anymore, but the pain gets lowered to tolerable levels. I have since had a back fusion on that disk and have noticed I am getting better."

Back Fusion (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I've had head pain daily for two decades. I've tried hundreds of medications and numerous therapies. Thought I was just settling when I tried oxycodone for the first time but I have come to the conclusion it has made my life bearable and functionible."

Happy Joy (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I am a 67 year old female with Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. I started using prescribed hydrocodone pain medication about 7 years ago. I had a major surgery for a complex hernia. I was placed on oxycodone and the doctor continued it due to all the other pain. We tried several different medications. Lyrica caused a seizure and, according to medical records, I took my clothes off and was violent with the EMT's . Most medication has caused these strange effects. Oxycodone is all that has worked. The pain I have is bad enough that without relief I have suicidal thoughts. I can't live with the pain. I take 40 mg LA and 60mg SA daily. It is a miracle medication and terrified it will be discontinued."

LeopoldMickeyDuke September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Hurt my back when I was 24. Now here we are three fusions and 33 years later. The last fusion left me with nagging pain. I take 10 mg oxycodone 3 times a day (1 every 8 hours). At that dose, I can function normally. It doesn't mask the pain very well. It's better than nothing and at least I can still function normally."

voodoomembrain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "After being diagnosed with cancer back in 2004 I ended up taking 120 mgs. OxyContin twice a day, plus 90 mgs. a day Oxycodone for breakthrough pain, back then you could chew the OxyContin and get it all at once, they were a god send for me and made my pain bearable. My problem started when I’d chewed them, over the next few months my pain was almost gone, but told my Dr. the pain was increasing so I could continue getting them, it was then I found myself running out in two weeks, and having to buy them from less than reputable people. By my own choice I continued talking them in ever increasing doses, then went cold turkey and stopped for a while, I would use for a while then stop, and , it’s been like that since, when using I’m little more than a slave to them. I have no questions that my story is like thousands of others. I still think Oxycontin is the best choice for those in pain, and that this crack down on opioids is none of the FDA’s or the government’s business, it’s usage should be between you and your Dr. and the final choice is yours and no others, I would love to enumerate but this is not the place to editorialize."

Inslaved September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "effective in controlling chronic back pain. A"

Scaleman31 (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Broke my elbow in 2 places and fractured my pelvis. DR prescribed 10mg four times a day or for four weeks. Elbow never bothered me but the pain in my pelvis was unbearable. This did not relieve any pain. I stopped taking the oxycodone after 5 days and switched to scotch. The scotch worked wonders."

Unhappy user August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "20mg oxycodone tablets. I take 60mg 5 times a day and it's the only pain med that works and doesn't drag on you and steal your soul!!"

Gregparent August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Felt like sustained release and just made my stomach heavy with no relief of my pain."

Tattooed Panda (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Works well for me now after a pretty painful period of switching/washing me out of the oxycontin regimen I was on prior. give it time to get used to and should get similar results. After all, its the same drug just packaged differently."

ttluhr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on oxycodone on and off for 5 years since my massive blood clot diagnosis in 2012, the only pill that works... the issue is I relocated to MD. to extended family after hurricane sandy hit and destroyed me in NY, I am treated like a drug addicted, drug dealing, drug abusing low life to the highest power but none of these terms pertain to me, before my diagnosis I was in the mainstream of society working over 30 years, now I'm on disability, my future funds are gone due to medical bills and am on Medicare and Medicaid, my pain is real, I've never been addicted to anything in my life and I monitor my medication closely because I am aware of the fact that I need pain medication longterm, lifelong or permanent as per my prognosis."

jbecki (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and the sheer size of my kidneys creates pressure pain that keeps me from sleeping. This is the ONLY pain medication that has EVER worked for me. Takes effect after about 30 minutes."

PolyCystic (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have syringomyelia, post traumatic type 2, thoracic back pain from bulging disks, polyneuropathy and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy. I stared having the thoracic back pain in 2013 after a bad car wreck & I had been having numbness in my arms & hands before that wreck made it worse. An MRI discovered the cyst on my spinal cord (syringomyelia) &!the disk bulge. I am too risky a candidate for surgery, tried other meds they didn't work or had horrible side effects and lost a job because of it. I got put on oxycodone 15 mg 4x a day:it worked great. Then had to switch doctors & got lowered to 50 a month, is cutting me off & if I don't find specialist soon pain & sickness will be unbearable & I'll be bedridden"

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Works great for my massive pain (degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, facet joint disease, failed back surgery L4-L5 which took out my S1 disc, about 11 herniated discs from my neck down to my butt. I would die without this medication, it subdues the pain for about 6 hours. I also need bilateral knee replacements, left knee is bone on bone on the outside, along with a torn ACL and torn meniscus, right knee is bone on bone on inside. Also I have bone spurs on each kneecap. Let's just say my life is a living hell. I just want to give up. I feel no addiction to this medication, I have incredibly severe pain 24/7, nerve, bone and muscle pain all firing at once. I wish I would just get cancer and die (:"

Kwik2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Been changed from oxynorm to shortec the packets are constantly pierced and tablets empty and doctors blame room temperature. Have moved them to various rooms and still having same issue"

scatty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Works well for me after finding dose that was equiv to the Oxy regimen I was on before being switched to this. Definitely recommend the diet recommended in directions, works better that way"

BamaMitch July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have had chronic lower back pain for over a decade. Insurance co made me switch to Xtampza from OC. First few weeks were a bit of a challenge because we had to find what dosage strength and dosing frequency was best for me. But once we got through this, I find the drug works well when I use as directed particularly as it relates to diet. Also have my backup of fast acting pills when I have breakthrough pain. I think people that say this drug doesn't work aren't being dosed appropriately or they have just been on high doses of OC alongside short-acting narcotics for so long that they are just too far along to be helped by anything new because your bodies have just gotten so used to your incredible high dose OC regimen. Sorry but push through"

Longhorns13 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "After 2 spinal surgeries 9/23/16 & 5/18/17, I was prescribed Oxy 5mg 4 times a day, now Oxy 10mg 2 times a day. I am so very frustrated with these doctors who cut your body then dictate how you should and shouldn't be feeling after having these surgeries then refuse to provide you pain medications. Now with my insurance, it has become a nightmare trying to find a pain management doctor who would prescribe medications long term, I am forced to live with ongoing low back pain until my body decides it's healed and no longer need therapy. The meds work, and I only take it when needed. Most days I cry and isolate myself in pain just so that the remaining pain pills I have last me until I really need them...like when on a outing or doing chores."

Affennee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Sun-caraco oxy's do not work!"

johnny s July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dazidox (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Dazidox is instant release oxycodone tablets, and works very well. I take the 20mg tablet for breakthrough pain, haven't needed a dose increase in over a year, and actually works every time!! No complaints at all with the medication!"

Jmcj33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Oxycodone. And, my reaction to it. I had bilateral inguinal hernia surgery yesterday, June 21. All went well during the surgery and in recovery. Several hours later while resting at home, the soreness was getting to me. I decided to take one of the prescribed pills as the directions said take one or two tablets every 4 hours for pain. I took it just before going to bed. And after perhaps 30 minutes had lapsed, I started to experience delusions of my body sinking into the bed, my body was sliding off the bed, thoughts of being suffocated, and those were frightening enough that I woke up Jane who assured me that “no, you are falling through the bed.” I was now awake when vivid images of extension ladders started dancing together and singing about “bilateral hernias.” They were literally were swirling about the room in front of my eyes. Frequently, I found myself staring at my raised arms while my hands and fingers carried on incoherent sentences and conversations. At times while awake, the dimmed lights in the bedroom were dancing and I was carrying-on muttering conversations with myself. These awake experiences lasted for hours. They were not just uncomfortable and distressing, but frightening as well. I have decided to not take another Oxycodone pill. 6/22/2017"

Hernia dude (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was given oxycontin after morphine tablets didn't do much for the pain I was in. 90mg SR morphine and topped up with oramorph throughout the day. Then transferred onto oxycontin which was prescribed for me in a 40+20mg dose of slow release and topped up with the liquid form for through the day, but when I needed a repeat prescription I was told that I wouldn't be given any more. Even though I had taken these for over two months and the morphine for the four months previously. After reading some of the articles I shouldn't have been taken off these straight away. So much for being professional doctors or just wanting to save money over patients welfare.."

Markus anthonio June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "To treat my breakthrough pain, I find that oxycodone is one of the more quicker working narcotic pain meds. Downside to that is I find it seems to wear off in no longer than 4 hours."

Benjamin P1225 (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2017