User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

Pain
8.7

Chronic Pain
7.5

Summary of Oxycodone reviews 8.3 743 reviews

Reviews for Oxycodone

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. It spread to my bones and lungs. I started with morphine and it just didn't hold the pain. My doctor then changed my prescription to Xtampza ER 13.5. That didn't hold for 12 hours. Went to 27 ER. It held for about 6-7 hours. If anyone has stage 4 breast cancer and are comfortable please let me know."

Bird (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Pain: "Another effective med if only used occasionally so tolerance stays low and side effects are avoided. 10 mg is my 'big gun' if ibuprofen won't touch the pain."

Scoob (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 2, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Oxycodone has been kind to me. I have suffered no side affects that I am aware of. I take my meds as prescribed and it works well for me. At times I have to take Tylenol with my oxycodone. I am allergic to NSAIDs so it is important to keep my pain under control safely."

dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I've been a chronic pain patient 5 years now. doctor said try Oxycontin. It would last longer. Tried it for a week. Bad Choice for me as my pain in morning was a 10 but after trying this pill pain dropped to a 7 which is not terrible but it's not good. Pills were supposed to last 12 hours nope. Bed time took pill and it helped me sleep. But I would wake up five times a night scratching myself. I think Oxycontin bad choice. The oxycodone fast-acting pills work better because they work super fast. Oxycontin not what advertised. I expected more out of this medication. I need fast acting meds period. I would say give Oxycontin a chance may work for you but don't get your hopes up like I did. On top of that most won't cover it because of the government. The government is pushing back and do not want anybody on these powerful medications And I can't afford to pay out of pocket at $3000 per 100 pills. that just can't happen and that is just way too much money . Especially if on Medicaid or Medicare that are disabled."

Rellik0078 September 18, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "I have lumbar and sacral issues due to an injury sustained in an auto accident in 2012. I have degenerative disc disease and 3 herniated discs. Oxycodone has made it easier to live a life and keep my dignity as I was nearly bedridden for a year. I have a p-450 cytochrome issue. I'm currently on oxycontin er 15 mg twice daily and oxycodone 10 mg three times daily for breakthrough pain. I currently take the kvk tech brand (they're little pink pills) I've had different generics and they are not created equal. amneal, aurobindo, camber, rhodes, mallinkrodt are complete garbage and have more side effects than you can shake a stick at. My top three are Kvk tech, qualitest and alvogen in that order. I have had radioablation therapy, injections, massages, acupuncture, tens unit, the whole 9 yards just about. I had a fusion two years ago and don't have the best mobility but I am able to function and play with my children and go on walks with my wife and I couldn't ask for anything more."

mattmatty September 18, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "I've been taking 15mg oxycodone by mallencott for several years, today, I got Rhoddes brand in 15mg., and to my surprise, these are very effective!"

bobstreet1 September 11, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Works great but causing severe sore throat. Taken steroids and antibiotics with no relief. Everyone including pharmacist says it would not cause sore throat but ever since I started these have had a severe chronic sore throat. If it wasn't for sore throat would love it it. It helps with back pain much more than MS-contin. "

Pearljam (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was put on this medication for chronic back pain and primary progressive MS. I had been on OxyContin and oxycodone. The medication simply doesn’t work for me. My insurance company finally approved my old medications for me. I understand the abuse that goes along with the opiate medications. However I don’t abuse it. I never will either. I hate taking pain medications but I have no choice. Good luck with the pain for all of you."

Miami (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "The Mallinkrofdt brand 15 mg simply don't get the job done. Florida forced chronic pain sufferers to lower our doses from 30 mg roxicone to the 15 mg oxycodone which is the 2nd lowest mg the pills come in and are for people just taking them for a few months .I am almost 60 and have been suffering from a bullet wound to my spine ,it's still in there ,and severe lower lumbar problems with my thigh and right leg beginning to cause me problems"

Rockfishcc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I just started this after my PM doc said that OxyContin was being targeted by most states. Was on Oxycontin 20 mg for several years..then was put on MS Contin 30 mg for a month which didn't help with pain..but did help me sleep. Now on Xtampza ER 18 mg and it seems to work ok...seems inconsistent though. Some days it works great and other days not so much...almost as if they put placebo pills in with the Xtampa. Going to continue giving this a chance since my insurance seems to approve of it after a doctors exception request. Hopefully it will get better..haven't tried the sprinkling on food yet..but I will try that tonight."

peppergurl33 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been in chronic pain for 22 years. I was forced to switch to this med two months ago. It does not relieve my pain, and I gained 20 lbs. in one month. It also gave me migraines. Will not take it again."

cam60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was taking 30 MG of oxycontin per day when Cigna suddenly stopped covering it. The Doctor switch me to Xtampza ER 13.5 MG twice a day and I was quite apprehensive after being on Oxycontin for the past few years for an in-operable chronic back condition. I have been very happy with the new medication. It works as well as what I had been taking and it seems to last longer. With Oxycontin I knew when the time was up with this medication I can go two to three hours over the time for the next dose and not have a problem. I also have the feeling that getting off this medication will be easier than getting off the Oxycontin. I know it's basically the same medication but it just seems to work differently."

Jim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Pain: "Xtampza gave me my dignity back. I was bedridden for over four years straight and after literally trying every pain medication in existence (including Fentanyl, spinal nerve stimulator, and pain pump,) I am now able to function at a much higher level. This medication is ideal for those who metabolize meds rapidly, which can be discovered by taking a P-450 blood test. Because of the abuse deterrent capsule, the beads of medication break down slowly. In my experience, this keeps side effects like nausea down. It lasts longer than any ER med I have tried and is more stable in its release. I am losing weight gained previously. The capsule can be sprinkled on apple sauce, but needs to have a fat source to break down properly. A cracker or cookie easily solves this, which is a good practice to have in place with any med to protect stomach lining. I am prescribed a breakthrough med besides Xtampza. I am thankful beyond words that this has worked for me."

Relentless (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Pain: "Hi I have 2 types of cancer, one that is stage 4. My doctor put me on these to try something new but when I take it I get severe pain in my kidneys, and my body aches where my lymph nodes are. I have also gotten shooting pains in my heart. Has anyone else had side effects like this? My doctor told me to keep taking them but I literally feel like they are killing my organs and me slowly."

Cancer fighter (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Oxaydo (oxycodone) for Pain: "I posted a few months ago, but since then, I've started to have some issues with the formulation. I have developed headaches and I have just felt a cloud of depression fall over me which I never had while on plain oxycodone."

AvgJoe10 August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Well has anyone heard of the new Aurolife Pharma? I get 10/325 , I been getting another brand that was yellow and round they work very well ! They are not making the kind I used to get ! Thanks"

Jimmy888 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "OK guys and girls. I posted before. Since then I have sent two messages to Camber, but they refuse to respond. I’m going to contact the FDA. But....good news. I told my pain management doctor about our dilemma today. He understands and agrees that they probably are under cutting the price to Walgreens. He said to try a “mom and pop” pharmacy, which I did. They don’t use the Camber brand, and said they’ll work with me to keep me as a customer. They order their own stuff. He’s going to call me when my script is ready (have to wait till it’s due.) They take my insurance, and the price is the same as Walgreens, my PPO pharmacy!"

Potsey (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "To be completely 100% honest with you guys I have been on oxycodone on a number of different occasions from my knee that I blew out in MMA to my toe operation to my back pain. These fast acting medications have worked very well for me and I would not change a thing. The only thing that makes me angry is that for my weight height and for my pain I need a high dose oxycodone pill and for me 40 to 50 mg per pill would be the perfect thing but I'm stuck on a lousy 20 mg pill 4 times a day. This is just ridiculous . These pills last on me about an hour or so which they advertise 4 to 6 hours so that's kind of disappointing but overall oxycodone works good for me..."

Rellik0078 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "The Oxycodone works fine. I was given MS cont but the things it does to my body and the tiny bit of relief it gave me was not worth the constipation - sitting on the throne for a hour in tears is no fun. The oxycodone never did it but my state seems to have this problem of running out of pills and pharmacy will make you wait 3-4 days to get your Rx filled IF they will fill it. CVS has banned any of my doctors RX's because 1 bad apple that my doctor kicked out. Now there is only few places that will fill my rx"

Bob Lee Swaggard (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I'm not getting any relief from this medication. My Dr prescribed the 9 to be taken twice a day. Since I also take oxycodone 10 ,3 x a day the Dr said it would be the equivalent to the oxy 10 but last around the clock. Also I was wondering if anyone has noticed weight gain. I have put on 30lb in a matter of months which I have never done before. Maybe it's my system or to low of a dose but my Dr will not up it for anyone. I have also had a lot of crazy dreams and my blood pressure has went up quite high causing me to be put on medication for it."

Trish (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "This "awful drug" as reported by the media and the internet, has become the evil of prescription pain medication. But what you don't read or hear about is the thousands of people who's lives are made bearable by the use of this medication. I have had multiple major surgeries following a lifting injury 18 years ago which left me with severe chronic pain caused from nerve damage during surgery. I have successfully taken 30 mg of oxycontin 3 x day for 15 years without ever needing to increase the dosage. The misconception is that pain medication will take away the pain...which is wrong. Pain medication should only be used to take the EDGE off the pain, not eliminate it. Oxycontin can be successfully used to take away enough of the pain over an 8-12 hour period for the patient to be able to at least function. Taking higher doses in order to eliminate the pain is where patients get in trouble, and can have fatal consequences."

Em (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Worked initially, then made me ITCH like MAD!!! The combination of pain and itching was too much for me to handle!"

Gems21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was hit by an 18-wheeler. I fractured my spine. My doctor prescribed OxyContin because I'd been taking high doses of acetaminophen for years, which affected my liver. I took OxyContin successfully for 3 yrs 'til the US government decided chronic pain patients are expendable. I successfully weaned off of OxyContin, W/O ANY help! My dr made sure I had enough to wean off b4 he left his practice. Reality: Only 0.3 percent of chronic pain pts ever become addicted. The US government has recently admitted to fraudulent and over stated numbers, elevated by over 50 percent! I've done every other treatment recommended by doctors, most incredibly expensive & invasive. Nothing worked & I've been bedridden for the past 3 plus yrs."

Gems21 July 23, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Just took capsule 13.5 mg and sprinkled on yogurt, it hit me in 10 minutes extremely loopy but yes it really works, those people out there saying that it doesn’t work probably may have become tolerant of everything. Take your meds as prescribed people, do not overtake, this stuff works great, I feel 0% pain right now for the first time in 20 years"

Brian (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on this med because of insurance changes as well. Was on oxycontin 20mg 2x day plus three 10 mgs a day. Still having a lot of pain but somewhat of an existence and able to work some. Been on xtampza 18 2x day have had to go up on breakthrough and the doc not happy keeps telling me give it time. Its been 3 months. My biggest complaint is its inconsistency. Some days works ok and the next I find myself waking up sneezing. Its a shame how bad of four letter word pain is anymore and if you speak up or complain you worry your doctor will send you packing. And this month my copay for this changed same rules and cost as oxycontin but can't have that back according to doc."

Sadie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...