User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: OxyContin, Roxicodone, Xtampza ER, Oxaydo, Dazidox, Oxyfast, Oxydose ETH-Oxydose Endocodone

Pain 8.6
Chronic Pain 6.4

Reviews for Oxycodone

Rocky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 21, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I was started on Xstamza ER in Jan 2020. CMS removed Oxycontin ER from the formulary in 2020 and switchwd to Xstamza ER mfg by Collegium. My pain group started me on 18 mg Xstamza vs the 20 mg Oxycontin ER. After three months told PM it was not working. She upped it to 27 mg Xstamza. I hit the coverage gap in May. I refuse to pay over $100+ for a drug that does very little so when I had my tele-healrh appt on Friday told hsr it really was doing little to help me and I refused to have it filled. Its just shy of being a worthless pain medication. Have heard from several the same thing.”

Pauligato · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Mallinckrodt 15mg IR oxycodone - I have needed to take Oxycodone for years treating chronic pain. After trying near all generics Activis brand always seemed most effective providing pain relief while not negatively effecting energy or attitude. Recently my pharmacy unfortunately switched to Mallinckrodt due supply issues. From personal experience along with comments from others they are not near as effective seeming to have a placebo effect. I have long felt some manufacturers have changed initial formulations thus altering its addictive nature and strength. At any rate I am noticing less pain relief, more lethargy and lack of motivation with extreme tiredness after taking IR Mallinckrodt. If others would like to share experiences please do as I am seeking viable solutions.”

Always In Pain June 2, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I find that Oxycodone is very effective for musculoskeletal pain, but, seems to exacerbate neuro pain. It helps somewhat with a migraine spike. Using it gives me an "active" headache (annoyance level, but, still unpleasant) (visualised with a wire cage of a ball on a column coming out from just in above the eyes, down to nose level. The cage has been pulled from the sphere, and, is stretched out, and, is "outside" of the skull)”

LupusWarrior07 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have lupus, kidney failure, etc etc. and I was started on hydrocodone a few years ago but have recently been moved to oxycodone. CVS filled my prescription order of oxycodone from Amneal Pharmaceutical. I happened to have a random old bottle (from about a year ago) of oxycodone from Mallinckrodt. When I take 1/2 of one of the mallinckrodt Oxycodone pills, my pain subsides for 12 HOURS! ....12 hours.... When I take the Amneal oxycodone, my pain either worsens, or is better for about 30 mins and then a migraine starts and the pain resumes. I’m not taking this medication for fun. I am in serious, chronic pain. 10/10 pain. I’m not sure what certain pharmaceutical companies are doing in terms of putting fake products in these pills, or fillers, but something is not right and unfortunately it’s the disabled that suffer. As usual. ”

Pink May 22, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Take Tylenol don’t even waste your money no relief”

Evilmommy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 16, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I was put on Xtampza about a year ago due to current pain meds not working as well and amount of acetaminophen I was taking. This was the 7th medication the doctor wanted, the other 6 were denied by insurance, unfortunately. I cannot cook when I 1st get up and am nauseous for several hours but have to force fatty food down and force it to stay down, sometimes gagging, just to take this medication that barely works. My Vicodin works better but the PA won't up the amount of those and cancel the Xtampza, she swears by it. I wish she was forced to try it for 1-2 days, see how worthless it is. That's the only way it won't be prescribed by that person again. It just doesn't work.”

rholland321 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2020

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “This pain medicine was superior to the other oxycodone tablets by far.”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I found this info. about this pain control med. not working to be accurate> I've been on Oxycodone for over 8 years and my pain has increased with time. I started this with the idea of I will finally get some pain relief but it's nothing like what the PA told me it was. It does not offer me extended pain relief but it does cause me not to sleep or if I do fall asleep. I have terrible nightmares, it's terrible on my stomach and I've tried taking it with many different foods and now I have this static sounding noise that is terrible. I was only given enough for a few weeks to see if it helps but it doesn't and because I don't want to start on Fentanyl I'm going back to what I was taking because this is so much worse and still no pain relief. Why is this even an option for chronic pain relief.”

SD · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I was on 4 x 5mg Oxycodone IR for my pain. After a year or so, I felt I needed an extra pill to cover me for 24hrs. Doctor switched me to OxyNeo 2x 10mgs every 12 hours plus 5mg of Oxycodone for breakthrough if needed. The first 2 days I felt great, Oxyneo took care of the pain and I did not feel drowsy or tired. However after the 3rd day, I started feeling very aggitated and angry after I took my oxyneo. I'm not sure what's going on. Has anyone reacted like this to long acting oxycodone? Too bad because I liked this long acting one but feeling angry all day is not worth it either.”

Rambo1 · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “This Xtampa is totally useless for pain management as it does not work. Rather I feel this drug was created to be big pharma's version of Kratum. In other words it was designed to dock in opioid receptors and stop withdrawal symptoms. But ineffective at removing pain. My personal experience was a pharmacist putting a bug into my doctors ear and recommending this instead of the oxycodone I am used to taking without any negative side effects. Sadly after taking Xtampza it interacted with some food and it gave me burning diarrhea for 2 days! Not to mention the high frequency hiss in my head that felt like my brain was in the frying pan! I had to call the doctor and explain the reaction and he put through my usual drug and afterwards I went back to my normal self. Now a month later I understand why the recommendation as it costs $800 a bottle and its no wonder I was put through this nightmare for no good reason.”

Marylb · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2020

Oxaydo (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I have been on Oxaydo for over a Year & I'm very satisfied with how it works. I’m prescribed to take 3 pills a day. I take 2 at 1 time & another at bedtime. I have neuropathy & an auto immune disease. What I like best is that it doesn’t actually contain any type of aspirin which with this med as a maintenance pain reliever that a very good thing because on this med you have less chances of having liver damage. It does not give you the ‘high’ that other pain meds give you but if you take for the right reason that shouldn’t be an issue. I switched from Percocet to this medication because of the damage that the Percocet of long term use could cause.”

Veeta · Taken for 10 years or more April 22, 2020

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “My problems are like many that I've read on this site. I take 20 mg. oxycodone (not oxycontin) x 4 daily. It does enough so that I can have a life. Still in pain, but as someone wrote, just tamping down the pain is all you can expect. I just wonder why oxycodone worked when pure morphine did nothing for pain but going thru withdrawal from it was pure nightmare. I have tried taking myself off oxycodone a few times because I feel ashamed about taking it, you know, can't just keep a stiff upper lip. Withdrawal from oxycodone was a walk in the park. How can you take a drug like morphine that has absolutely no effect while oxycodone does help some with fewer side effects. It just doesn't make sense. I have come to the conclusion that I am stuck on pain killers for the rest of my life and just don't talk about it. Maybe they will develop a drug that kills the pain and doesn't cause addiction or dependence. Why are we still taking drugs that haven't really changed in 60 years or so?”

GemTex · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “Had spinal fusion surgery that left me with more pain than I had presurgery. I was burning through 10/325 Percocet so my pain management switched me to Xtampza 18mg. 1st night had such a bad nightmare I refused to go back to sleep.This med caused insomnia on some days or sleep with horrific dreams. As for pain it did manage my pain but I hope I am not required to be on it for a long amount of time. I mixed it with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and it seems to work well that way. It is also on the pricey side even with insurance.”

Blondie3142 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I’ve been on Xtampza since January 2019. I have post laminectomy syndrome, spinal stenosis, Levoscoliosis, rheumatoid arthritis, facet joint arthrosis, DDD, and a few herniated discs in my C-spine and L-spine and I’m only 35. As with all medications, everyone’s body works different in regards to medicine. For me, Xtampza works great and I find that it covers my pain most of the time for a full 24 hours. Granted my pain does change with the weather. However, I have found that Xtampza works better than OxyContin for me.”

1001 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “My father is a 58 year-old Parkinson's disease sufferer with severe back and neck pain. He is 6'5 with a heavy/bulky build (not fat) and his weight was always around 250 lbs, now 300 since going on Xtampza. He had back and neck surgery (bone fusion) that only worsened his pain. He took Oxycontin 60mg 3X per day for years until 2018 when insurance forced his intake from 3X per day to 2X per day, later switched to Xtampza 27mg 4X per day (120 per month), which is the equivalent. He say's Xtampza does NOT offer the same level of pain relief as his former medication (Oxycontin). Just because some people experience good results from it does not mean YOU will. Some people rated Xtampza highly and implied those who aren't getting good relief are just using it to get high or aren't using it as prescribed. This is insulting for anyone to even imply this, and doing so only further minimizes the pain and suffering people experience because of the industry's mishandling of their medication(s).”

Cher · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

Dazidox (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “Been taking Percocet which is merely oxycodone with Tylenol. Doc just changed me to dazidox (plain oxycodone). NOTHING. I called my pharmacy and said WTH. Are you giving me a placebo? Pharmacist suggested I take a Tylenol with each dose of dazidox. I’m taking 10 mg. Was taking 7.5 of Percocet. If the corona virus doesn’t get me, this DO NOTHING DRUG will.”

M March 10, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I'm a veteran and I've been prescribed the same 15mg green oxycodone for almost 9 years since my accident in the marines. Recently was given a different kind of 15 mg oxycodone that I have never seen before, U23 by aurolife As a chronic pain patient I have to use every single pill in my prescription exactly as its prescribed. And this u23 pill is terrible, I've had several different manufacturers over the years, some better than others in treating pain but they always worked. I told my doctor the pharmacist and the veteran service pharmacist office how bad this med is. “sorry but procurements of manufacturer’s not my job” I did research and aurolife sells cheaper, less effective meds. Chronic pain patients have to ration their medication to the protocol, inferior pills ruin quality of life Aurolife makes terrible products/several lawsuits and has issues with the FDA yet the VA pharmacy purchaser only uses them now, putting millions of veterans in pain at risk and added stress.”

Paul · Taken for 10 years or more March 8, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I am legally disabled!!! I've been going to the same Pharmacy for years and always get the activist 30 milligram oxycodone. And then about 3 weeks ago they gave me the white Rhodes brand. No pain relief at all, got me nauseous and felt like I was going to throw up, and a constant headaches. Thank goodness I only got a seven-day Supply. So now I'm going to another Pharmacy. The pharmacist is ordering me the 30 mg Mallinckrodt brand. To me the Mallinckrodt brand are the best ones. But my insurance isn't covering them. And I'm paying $105 a week 35 pills. I don't know what else to do because I can't afford this for much longer!!! The rating bar I'm putting a 10 because I'm talking about the Mallinckrodt brand”

FC · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 1, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I've been on Oxycodone for several years for chronic back pain. The ones I recently got from CVS in Niles, OH made by Rhodes Pharma is not what it says it is. I'm in severe pain and having withdrawal symptoms for more than a week of using it vs other brands. I am miserable! AVOID this manufacturer. If you Google Rhodes Pharma you'll see there are others with the same complaint. I'm contacting the FDA, CVS, and Rhodes to file a complaint. Insurance pricing on this cheap drug is 95.00 -195.00 but I use Good RX Gold and pay 28.00 for 150 tablets”

Bev February 29, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have taken the yellow round Percocet 10s for years, I switched drugstores this month and was given these oblong white ones which give me absolutely no relief, never have I been able so quickly to tell that this is some kind of cheap knock off drug. I'm turning them into my doctor on Monday and go back to my round yellow ones.”

Babs · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “RHODES OXYCODONE 30MG ARE A BUST!!! What is this rubbish?? I've been on pain meds for about 10 years, once before got rubbish brand Aurobindo oxycodone. I always make sure I don't get those but now RHODES brand is rubbish too!! I feel like my head is buzzing, feeling fuzzy, my ears are ringing and my tongue feels numb. Pain seems controlled so far but whatever fillers are in here are bad!! Now a second brand to avoid!! Hoping to make it through the month without any worse side effects. These are absolute garbage..does the FDA even pay attention to what these manufacturers are putting out there??? I took them a few months back didn't really have any issues that I recall. This time around I feel horrible!! I can't afford to miss work because I feel like rubbish so this junk I'm taking better get me through. Bottom line RHODES brand oxycodone is pure rubbish!! Avoid it at all costs”

Anon · Taken for 10 years or more February 28, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “KVK Tech Oxycodone is absolutely Terrible. There is No Pain Relief at all and furthermore I have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms like I have forgotten to take my medication despite taking it at the times I normally do each day. I have Chills, Restless Legs, Diarrhea, I can't sleep, and pain is out of control. I see now this KVK Tech has been Reprimanded by FDA as of February 2020 as they have found them to be totally out of compliance. Why has their Oxycodone not been recalled as of yet? I would seriously like to know what percentage of active ingredient is actually in these pills or if it is in fact a placebo. FDA needs to do more to protect patients against getting medication that is Not in Compliance with FDA Standards. I am stuck with these placebo pills and cannot return to Pharmacy. It's unacceptable.”

Rose · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 26, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have been using oxycodone for bad chronic pain for many years. I was given this manufacturers brand and was not able to get much relief, walked around in a fog, just not the same at all. Waste of money and in terrible pain!”

Rosie · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 26, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “My pharmacy also switched to Rhodes oxycodone I had taken the same dosage for years, with excellent pain relief. Then after the brand switch I couldn’t understand why I was constantly sick with no pain relief and developed rashes all over also severe headaches. I was never told anything about taking it with fatty foods. That’s completely absurd!!! I too cannot eat when I’m in pain. Rhodes pharmaceutical should be out of business absolutely no pain relief and terrible side effects. I guess us legitimate pain sufferers, who never abuse or sell our pain medicine, need to start using heroin to get help with pain relief as the government seems to think they deserve a “ GOOD QUALITY OF LIFE “ but we don’t. It’s so frustrating and infuriating!!”

Bentit696 February 24, 2020

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: “I’m a registered nurse and home care in 2013 my car spun out and I had numerous injuries including a Trumatic brain injury, three fractured vertebrae, lacerated spleen, and three broken ribs. Since 2013 open till 2019 I had chronic pain day in day out around the clock even when I took Tylenol. One day I went to my doctor in tears because I try taking a night class but the driving and sitting in my car cause me too much pain. So she suggested I go to a pain center for treatment. Lo and behold I was prescribed 10 mg of oxycodone three times a day which I’ve been taking for over a year now and I wake up in the morning I take my medication I have level one pain which is basically not much.”