User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 399 reviews 1123 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 228 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Oxycodone reviews 627 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Oxycodone

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Since this is the only alternative to Oxycotin that my insurance will cover. I had no choice. Even though I have no history of abuse EVER. I swallowed the capsule with plenty of water. It lodged in my chest area and after 2-3 minutes burst. Long story short, I got the FULL 12 HOUR DOSE IN 2-3 MINUTES!!! It caused an overdose which had to be treated first with Narcan and second an ambulance ride to the ER. SAFER???? No it isn't and should be reserved for patients who have a DEMONSTRATED HISTORY OF OPIOD ABUSE."

sttum July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have had chronic lower back pain for over a decade. Insurance co made me switch to Xtampza from OC. First few weeks were a bit of a challenge because we had to find what dosage strength and dosing frequency was best for me. But once we got through this, I find the drug works well when I use as directed particularly as it relates to diet. Also have my backup of fast acting pills when I have breakthrough pain. I think people that say this drug doesn't work aren't being dosed appropriately or they have just been on high doses of OC alongside short-acting narcotics for so long that they are just too far along to be helped by anything new because your bodies have just gotten so used to your incredible high dose OC regimen. Sorry but push through"

Longhorns13 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "After 2 spinal surgeries 9/23/16 & 5/18/17, I was prescribed Oxy 5mg 4 times a day, now Oxy 10mg 2 times a day. I am so very frustrated with these doctors who cut your body then dictate how you should and shouldn't be feeling after having these surgeries then refuse to provide you pain medications. Now with my insurance, it has become a nightmare trying to find a pain management doctor who would prescribe medications long term, I am forced to live with ongoing low back pain until my body decides it's healed and no longer need therapy. The meds work, and I only take it when needed. Most days I cry and isolate myself in pain just so that the remaining pain pills I have last me until I really need them...like when on a outing or doing chores."

Affennee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Sun-caraco oxy's do not work!"

johnny s July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dazidox (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Dazidox is instant release oxycodone tablets, and works very well. I take the 20mg tablet for breakthrough pain, haven't needed a dose increase in over a year, and actually works every time!! No complaints at all with the medication!"

Jmcj33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Oxycodone. And, my reaction to it. I had bilateral inguinal hernia surgery yesterday, June 21. All went well during the surgery and in recovery. Several hours later while resting at home, the soreness was getting to me. I decided to take one of the prescribed pills as the directions said take one or two tablets every 4 hours for pain. I took it just before going to bed. And after perhaps 30 minutes had lapsed, I started to experience delusions of my body sinking into the bed, my body was sliding off the bed, thoughts of being suffocated, and those were frightening enough that I woke up Jane who assured me that “no, you are falling through the bed.” I was now awake when vivid images of extension ladders started dancing together and singing about “bilateral hernias.” They were literally were swirling about the room in front of my eyes. Frequently, I found myself staring at my raised arms while my hands and fingers carried on incoherent sentences and conversations. At times while awake, the dimmed lights in the bedroom were dancing and I was carrying-on muttering conversations with myself. These awake experiences lasted for hours. They were not just uncomfortable and distressing, but frightening as well. I have decided to not take another Oxycodone pill. 6/22/2017"

Hernia dude (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was given oxycontin after morphine tablets didn't do much for the pain I was in. 90mg SR morphine and topped up with oramorph throughout the day. Then transferred onto oxycontin which was prescribed for me in a 40+20mg dose of slow release and topped up with the liquid form for through the day, but when I needed a repeat prescription I was told that I wouldn't be given any more. Even though I had taken these for over two months and the morphine for the four months previously. After reading some of the articles I shouldn't have been taken off these straight away. So much for being professional doctors or just wanting to save money over patients welfare.."

Markus anthonio June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "To treat my breakthrough pain, I find that oxycodone is one of the more quicker working narcotic pain meds. Downside to that is I find it seems to wear off in no longer than 4 hours."

Benjamin P1225 (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I first became disabled in 1978 I was started on codeine and Darvon. the doctor alternated these every three months. Around 1987 I was switched to Lortab. Around 1997 I was switched to Oxycodone. Mainly so I would not have to take so much Tylenol. (Tylenol has never helped me for anything) I have successfully been taking Oxycodone since. I have never abused it. (I need it for severe pain) If I don't take it for a day or two I kind of feel like I have the flu. (this happens when I forget I have medicine for the pain, I just sit and cry until I remember or a friend asks me If I forgot again.) I have never had any withdrawal symptoms (except for the FLU symptoms)."

smurfff (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I've been on Oxycodone for almost 2 years now. I was prescribed 5mg as needed, before my major spinal surgery in 2016, and post-surgery I developed permanent nerve damage, cervical radiculopathy, and have degenerative disk disease. I now take Oxycontin 15mg 3x daily, and Oxycodone IR 15mg every 4-6hrs for breakthrough pain. Yes, you develop a tolerance, yes, it can be VERY addictive - but it WORKS, and relieves severe pain tremendously. Please take this responsibly - those that really need it, do not need to be pigeonholed, or treated as suspects. It's terrible. You deal with severe pain on a daily basis, and that in and of itself is a nightmare, then you have society caught in an epidemic - due to those that can't control themselves."

Echo chamber June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have been in construction for 42 yrs. And was in two car accidents in which I suffered broken neck. Upper vertebra broken. Lower back broken. At a point I could no longer work thru the day. I need to still support my family as I'm not ready to give up. I have used Oxcodone . 10mg. Low dosage's . Without these medication I would not have been able to continue with a productive life. This overdose issue I get. But there are those of us that actually have benefited greatly from it.. Without I wouldn't even be able to make it a few hrs a day and end up in bed.."

TheePirate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Switched to oxycodone from hydrocodone for chronic neck pain. Was on hydrocodone for 3 years and it worked with the pain management great. Only thing that concerned me was having the acetaminophen in it and liver damage it could cause, so I talked to my Doctor and we agreed the oxy would be a better choice. It helps me get through the days of excruciating pain and lets me live normal life again."

Paully808 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Heavy/hard work all my life. Have been on oxycodone since '91. Not as effective now but.....wouldn't want to live without it. Never any side effects."

Jimi T (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "It started making me sick when I first started taking these, I think not from all the oxycodone they put in butI think it is from the fillers they use.? not quite sure."

FrankRoberts May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I am a double amputee with both hips totally replaced. Degenerative arthritis was the reason for the replacements. I am 64 and oxycodone 10mg. three times daily returned my life to me after 11 surgeries. Four months ago, my PCD (primary care doctor said he could no longer prescribe them. I have been in a wheelchair since the removal. Being in a nursing facility was my only option. I get to see a pain management doctor soon and hope I can get my meds back, along with my life."

henqck April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Horrifying. The onset for Relief is 2 to 3 hours. Then it runs out of pain relief within 5 to 6 hours! If they are trying to hit the abusers make drug and alcohol treatment accessible!!! And the cost is 3 X's More than oxycontin...?!?!? Go figure...."

Sbcd April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "The brand shown worked very well for me. Would only need one when in pain during the night. I can manage the days but at night without this it would be no sleep and pacing all night . Even a half worked well sometimes but other times I would have to take the other half. I suggest taking as little as possible to just ease the pain and nothing more."

Bugsiela April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I've been taking Oxycodone Acetaminophen 10-325 four times daily for approximately 15 years. This has worked wonderfully until 3 months ago. What I found strange is that at this same time the price for Oxycodone is now 30% less cost. Why decrease the cost of oxycodone if we have an epidemic? I'll tell you why, it's because they changed the formula. What I believe the pharmaceutical companies did was change how the drug is released in the body. For the past 3 months all I this medication does is get me high. Before the change it did not affect me in that way. Even doubling up on the med doesn't help for pain. All that happens is I get high. No wonder non-addicts are seeking out heroin."

Bbgguutd April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have taken this drug for over 20 years for chronic pain. If I stop 1 person from starting this drug, then this has been worth it. Initially it was the best pain reliever I ever tried. Problem is it is very addictive and stops working. The only way to sustain relief is to increase the dosage. I started at 60 MG and wound up at 200mg. Unfortunately at that dosage over the years causes brain cell deterioration. Remembering things becomes difficult, like family functions. In time you become a walking zombie and numb to everything around you. You will lose interest in life and become drug sick if you Don't take your pill on time. Your relief will no longer be there because it stops working after time. I am off now and have my life back."

Sissynoor April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Works better than percet.."

Montana1 April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have had chronic pain since I was 14 (now 60). Have tried every RX suggested, multiple pain clinics, too many surgeries to count, exercise, meditation, acupuncture, hypnotherapy, with nothing gained but side effects or increasing tolerance. I have been taking Oxycontin for 10 yrs and have since been able to put the pain on a back burner and get back to my life. The 'pendulum swings' as they say, continued back & forth medical opinions on treatment of chronic pain. The insurance companies now seem to be in complete control again and cost becomes the number one consideration in prescribed treatment. Matters not what my Dr. says or recommends, the cost is such that as of this month I can no longer take Oxycontin. I am so tired, back to bed I go"

2xpnsv2trt April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have been using 5 milligram oxycodone 30 milligrams a day for 10 years straight. No addiction issues no craving more it still works. I've got C3 through C6 bulging discs in different directions. I don't crave more I find it if you take it when your body dip takes the pain in other words just because it's 8 a.m. there's no reason to take 10 milligrams my bottle says 10 milligrams every 8 hours for pain. But if it's 6 a.m. I Take 5 milligrams and then I don't need another pill so later as long as I do not ever take more than 30 milligrams in 24 hour. By doing this I've been able to maintain pain relief and not need anymore the medication is still effective. Not all people are addicts"

Vetinpain (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "For me oxycodone works great. It's not the best drug out there but it helps. I have chronic back pain for over 15 months and finally doctors are letting me try this. For me it helps, it gets me moving, it gets me walking and I can finally sleep. It works really fast . Most of the time within 17_30 mins. Keeps my pain away for over 3 hours which is not bad. I have arthritis in my back plus my spine is narrow. Not much else to say. Oxy helps me 90 percent of the time. I have nothing bad to say about it."

Rellik0078 (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Following my surgery, I was given Oxycodone instead of Percocet "to protect my liver ". Oxycodone had an immediate effect that lasted just 30 minutes, and then the pain returned each time. What was worse is the psychotropic effect of this drug on me. While taking Oxycodone for 4 days, I was depressed, restless and constantly brooding about the ills and suicides of others. Oxycodone was very bad for me, and it's psychotropic and near-hallucinatory components must be exposed. I switched to Tylenol with Codeine and felt back to myself the following morning."

MissRitz (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "This is incredibly overpriced garbage!"

Fred56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017