User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

Pain
8.7

Chronic Pain
7.6

Summary of Oxycodone reviews 8.3 729 reviews

Reviews for Oxycodone

Oxaydo (oxycodone) for Pain: "I posted a few months ago, but since then, I've started to have some issues with the formulation. I have developed headaches and I have just felt a cloud of depression fall over me which I never had while on plain oxycodone."

AvgJoe10 August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Well has anyone heard of the new Aurolife Pharma? I get 10/325 , I been getting another brand that was yellow and round they work very well ! They are not making the kind I used to get ! Thanks"

Jimmy888 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "OK guys and girls. I posted before. Since then I have sent two messages to Camber, but they refuse to respond. I’m going to contact the FDA. But....good news. I told my pain management doctor about our dilemma today. He understands and agrees that they probably are under cutting the price to Walgreens. He said to try a “mom and pop” pharmacy, which I did. They don’t use the Camber brand, and said they’ll work with me to keep me as a customer. They order their own stuff. He’s going to call me when my script is ready (have to wait till it’s due.) They take my insurance, and the price is the same as Walgreens, my PPO pharmacy!"

Potsey (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "To be completely 100% honest with you guys I have been on oxycodone on a number of different occasions from my knee that I blew out in MMA to my toe operation to my back pain. These fast acting medications have worked very well for me and I would not change a thing. The only thing that makes me angry is that for my weight height and for my pain I need a high dose oxycodone pill and for me 40 to 50 mg per pill would be the perfect thing but I'm stuck on a lousy 20 mg pill 4 times a day. This is just ridiculous . These pills last on me about an hour or so which they advertise 4 to 6 hours so that's kind of disappointing but overall oxycodone works good for me..."

Rellik0078 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "The Oxycodone works fine. I was given MS cont but the things it does to my body and the tiny bit of relief it gave me was not worth the constipation - sitting on the throne for a hour in tears is no fun. The oxycodone never did it but my state seems to have this problem of running out of pills and pharmacy will make you wait 3-4 days to get your Rx filled IF they will fill it. CVS has banned any of my doctors RX's because 1 bad apple that my doctor kicked out. Now there is only few places that will fill my rx"

Bob Lee Swaggard (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I'm not getting any relief from this medication. My Dr prescribed the 9 to be taken twice a day. Since I also take oxycodone 10 ,3 x a day the Dr said it would be the equivalent to the oxy 10 but last around the clock. Also I was wondering if anyone has noticed weight gain. I have put on 30lb in a matter of months which I have never done before. Maybe it's my system or to low of a dose but my Dr will not up it for anyone. I have also had a lot of crazy dreams and my blood pressure has went up quite high causing me to be put on medication for it."

Trish (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "This "awful drug" as reported by the media and the internet, has become the evil of prescription pain medication. But what you don't read or hear about is the thousands of people who's lives are made bearable by the use of this medication. I have had multiple major surgeries following a lifting injury 18 years ago which left me with severe chronic pain caused from nerve damage during surgery. I have successfully taken 30 mg of oxycontin 3 x day for 15 years without ever needing to increase the dosage. The misconception is that pain medication will take away the pain...which is wrong. Pain medication should only be used to take the EDGE off the pain, not eliminate it. Oxycontin can be successfully used to take away enough of the pain over an 8-12 hour period for the patient to be able to at least function. Taking higher doses in order to eliminate the pain is where patients get in trouble, and can have fatal consequences."

Em (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Worked initially, then made me ITCH like MAD!!! The combination of pain and itching was too much for me to handle!"

Gems21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was hit by an 18-wheeler. I fractured my spine. My doctor prescribed OxyContin because I'd been taking high doses of acetaminophen for years, which affected my liver. I took OxyContin successfully for 3 yrs 'til the US government decided chronic pain patients are expendable. I successfully weaned off of OxyContin, W/O ANY help! My dr made sure I had enough to wean off b4 he left his practice. Reality: Only 0.3 percent of chronic pain pts ever become addicted. The US government has recently admitted to fraudulent and over stated numbers, elevated by over 50 percent! I've done every other treatment recommended by doctors, most incredibly expensive & invasive. Nothing worked & I've been bedridden for the past 3 plus yrs."

Gems21 July 23, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Just took capsule 13.5 mg and sprinkled on yogurt, it hit me in 10 minutes extremely loopy but yes it really works, those people out there saying that it doesn’t work probably may have become tolerant of everything. Take your meds as prescribed people, do not overtake, this stuff works great, I feel 0% pain right now for the first time in 20 years"

Brian (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on this med because of insurance changes as well. Was on oxycontin 20mg 2x day plus three 10 mgs a day. Still having a lot of pain but somewhat of an existence and able to work some. Been on xtampza 18 2x day have had to go up on breakthrough and the doc not happy keeps telling me give it time. Its been 3 months. My biggest complaint is its inconsistency. Some days works ok and the next I find myself waking up sneezing. Its a shame how bad of four letter word pain is anymore and if you speak up or complain you worry your doctor will send you packing. And this month my copay for this changed same rules and cost as oxycontin but can't have that back according to doc."

Sadie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "As with any pain medication the medication tolerance increases as the pain threshold decreases. I have taken oxycodone since having spinal fusion. I have been taking Hydrocodone at various dosages for nearly 25 years. Following my spinal fusion, I was prescribed Fentanyl and oxycodone 10mg. Fortunately, I was able to stop taking the fentanyl patch and continued with the Oxycodone 10 mg immediate release. However, it is a never-ending ride. I feel like I should be trying to take less oxycodone but have not been able to do so. This would be an example of dependency rather than abuse. Pretty much, the only substance that I have been able to find that gives me temporary immediate relief is THC. This is a breach of my pain contract but unfortunately, I need to be able to control my pain in order to function and have a good quality of life. I do not use marijuana on a regular basis. However, if legalized, I could see it being able to overcome my dependency on oxycodone."

Kilroy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have taken all the usual prescription opiates over the past 14 years almost daily. Xtampza is very inconsistent and dangerous and therefore ineffective. My experience is that it is not time released. The withdrawal is the worst yet I paid a lot of money for this fancy capsules which is just a marketing scheme. I would not recommend this so called pain med to anyone. Big pharma guinea pig!!"

Skidbo July 13, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Very helpful"

Loopy July 12, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "After long term use, an increase is needed as you build up a tolerance. At the same time Doctors are forced to decrease the dosage by the DEA .All decided by those who never had chronic pain."

Edelweiss (taken for 10 years or more) July 11, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "The pill from Rhodes does not work as well as the one from KVK Tech. Pain does not go away as quickly or completely, & comes back faster. Those of us with Thoracic Surgery Pain Syndrome/Post-Thoracotomy Pain: "pain after thoracotomy - very severe, probably the most severe pain experienced after surgery" have to fight not only the pain, but pill manufacturers messing with ingredients. For the Big Pharmas to produce/sell them for less money, so pharmacies buy the cheaper pills, and mess with the patient (the people who are in constant pain-remember us?!) to save .00001 cent per hundred pills. I am sorry to sound angry - but I AM angry! I was OK with four or five 10mg pills /day. I could live almost a regular life! Do yoga a couple times a week, clean the house & perhaps even do a bit of gardening on the same day. Now it hurts to do any activity using my upper body. (RLL removed 12/07, LUL resection in 2/16). I am only 60 years old - I should be able to have a 'normal' life."

erinroro (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 9, 2018

Oxaydo (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "** BEWARE OF ALLERGIC REACTIONS TO FILLERS ** My wife has recently attempted to take this medication for chronic pain. Unfortunately, it's unusable for her. They have put an additive in the filler that causes her severe stomach gastroparesis. In layman's terms, that means it causes her stomach and digestive system to lock up and shut down - she's unable to digest it or almost anything else now. She took the pills (1 every 8 hours) for about 5 days until she realized that they were causing an inflammation of her stomach lining and digestive tract. Not only that, but subsequently, she hasn't been able to eat anything besides fluids and the most easy to digest foods. She can't eat anything solid, nothing acidic either even if it's in a liquid form."

DrDave77 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Pain: "I got on oxycodone for pain caused by spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis along with a general stenosis of the spine. This came on through my sport of powerlifting and a couple bang ups on an oil field drilling rig. The pain grew in intensity over the years until I ended up on disability and finding a pain doctor. I stayed on pain drugs 10 years. I live in rural Montana and there are not many secrets in a small town. I became a small time dealer. I paid $2 for 120 oxy 30's. People would pay $40 for just one pill. I could also trade one 30 for a strip of Suboxone. It's ironic the industry can say that this is not trading one drug for the other when it is obvious an addict (me) was doing just that. I'm lucky to be alive and even luckier I'm not in jail or some place like that. I was warned by someone that my name came up. Pain meds are out of vogue now. I finally was dismissed by my pain clinic on a technicality. I guess it's over when it's over."

JtAlmond (taken for 10 years or more) June 24, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "I am in so much pain and getting worse everyday...I try to do things around the house and standing up to make is impossible now I have talked to my PCP and she is not listening to me. I just want my quality of life back. I have fibromyalgia ankolyspinal, 2 bulging discs ,arthritis, chronic pain spinal stenosis and she won't listen to me so I am going to a hospital in Boston - one of the best and maybe I will get some answers"

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "I'm 62, I've been on meds for years which worked well, felt no need to abuse it. Now I see change in quality, dosage, strength & side effects. Add different in different drugs company's and brands is another problem (you never know what you're getting at ye local pharmacy anymore) you get a hodgepodge of declining product. My own reviews are that I could manage my pain better with a regular non-ER pill. ER causes me sleepless nights, whereas I never had that problem before, so I try and cut out my evening pill. Doubling dosage for some recently sprained purple toes, was worse than a break to me as caused me to throw up repeatedly; never again. Please hear me out. I don't advocate this for everyone but every now & then I dissolve half an ordinary pill w/Pepsi within my reg dosage. Works fast and keeps queasiness at bay. Also,try not to scratch that itch (bad side effect) especially while trying to sleep. Keep a bottle of Curel handy. Gawwd I do. Adjust if you must. You know your body. Let's be safe out there. Have a great day/week. One man's opinion."

Moose June 18, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have just started, seems to be working as advertised. I have had Chronic Pancreatitis for 12 years, and have struggled for years to get pain under control. Like I said before just started taking. It has been a week, I don’t have to take as much break through medicine. I can finally sleep more than 4 hours, yeah!!!"

Chronic pain 12 years (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have taken these as a med for breakthrough pain in addition to oxymorphone 30 mg ER. The roxycodone is quite beneficial in helping to control my chronic pain. I would rather have the brand name with these but it is too expensive."

Mickie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Dose: 27mg, 2X per day; Hit-or-miss, minimal pain control; Side effects include IBS issues, dizziness, nausea, irritability, crying, elevated heart rate, hot flashes & insomnia. For the 1st time in 10 years my pain is NOT managed. Government & big business insurance companies are forcing patients to use an ineffective medication. The definition of "prejudice" & "discrimination." All CHRONIC pain patients complain to the US government, insurance companies & any legislators playing the role of "doctor,". Statements such as "all opioid patients/pain patients are abusing medication & 1-step away from heroin addiction," is SLANDEROUS & DISCRIMINATORY! Chronic pain patients aren't "addicted," they're "dependent" on the medicine for ADL. Contact your state chronic pain advocacy group and let's start taking back control of our lives!"

Kimmery (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2018

For Pain: "I get oxycodone 15mg (round green k) they have not been same strength wise since Jan 2018. Then since about March the pharmacy started giving me what ever brand they got which have been several different manufactures. And the strength effect has not been the same. I have been on this medication for years. And the manufacturers putting fillers in and the strength is not the same."

Bonnie (taken for 10 years or more) June 8, 2018

Oxaydo (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been taking this with Gabapentin for 2.5 months now. It is so hard just get this medication filled. Oxaydo does not help with the pain level very much. I am allergic to anti-inflammatory drugs. I was hospitalized from Motrin/advil . Almost destroyed my whole stomach. My medical issues will be life long from severe arthritis disease. I am almost crippled and in dire need of pain control medication. This med is not very good but what can I do when doctors don't or won't help"

J C Mckee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2018