User Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Also known as: OxyContin, Roxicodone, Xtampza ER, Dazidox, Oxyfast, Oxaydo, Oxydose ETH-Oxydose Endocodone

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1456 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): “I am another patient to say Xtampza ER just sucks, it doesn't work. To get it to maybe work I gotta be a fat as with fatty hi cal foods? 7 spinal surgeries and 16 years on OxyContin and I was all good. It controlled the tingling nasty damaged nerve at the top of my butt crack that when it is firing is unbearable. I'm 64 year old pain patient suffering unbearably when the pain used to be under control”

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): “This medicine does absolutely nothing for pain I tried taking it with fatty foods didn’t work. Depression set in so I stopped taking this 600month drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“I just had surgery Friday for an ectopic pregnancy, I was prescribed 2 of these oxycodone pills before I left the hospital and denied anything for pain besides tylenol at home. I went back to the hospital after 12 hour because I tried it their way with just tylenol and the pain became unbearable, I waited 2 hours in the ER with horrible pain from surgery. Finally I was prescribed some morphine and then when they released me I was prescribed 13 of these oxycodone pills. 1 every 6 hrs for 2 days and then 1 every 12 hrs until I run out. They work mostly on taking the edge off but do not help me move or anything like a percocet did with my first surgery. I hate this opioid crisis because we have to suffer because of all the drug addicts. I was denied pain pills after a major surgery in nc. Because of all of the addicts. I am highly upset because my pain will not just go away after 13 of these pills and I am not allowed a refill or anything.”

billziggy · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 2, 2020

“Everything was fine for years till the VA sent me 15MG oxy's (oxycodone) made by Rhodes Pharma's. I have been in hospital 2 times since. The pain is off the charts I am unable to sleep only up all night screaming out in pain. A kidney stone was nothing to this new pain and I am waiting for Monday am. to call my doctor and my legs are covered in hives and the only thing I took was Rhodes 15MG Oxycodone and have also had bad stomach pains as well. Get Rhodes Investigated and get there poison off the shelves.”

CC January 9, 2020

“This medication oxycodone was prescribed by my Dr for kidney stone pain. The Manufacturer is Rhodes Pharmaceuticals. I do not have the full amount of pain relief that I would expect to have. I feel that I was given a placebo. I believe there is too much of a filler in this medication.”

Edb December 24, 2019

“On oxycodone for Restless leg and sciatica and it has been great until Rhodes brand. That has no effect at all at double the dose. Rhodes oxycodone doesn't work ”

Anonymous December 7, 2019

“These oxycodone PILLS from Rhodes pharmaceuticals are BUNK!!! Has absolutely NO OXYCODONE in it whatsoever, and does NOT relieve PAIN! I wish the FDA would look into this matter? Do NOT get these from RHODES pharmaceuticals”

Pmmapatient · Taken for 10 years or more November 22, 2019

“Oxycodone recently has shown to be far move effective from recent studies to treat “nerve based pain”, aka neurological pain, much more than once thought. Oxycodone has addictive qualities more than most I’ve been on, but have no issues with that and find it to be a great medication for pain management for right people. It’s a drug that’s been around for a while and well studied, which is why it’s still often used. Way less side effects n more effective than morphine n grand scheme of things.”

nm-2019 November 19, 2019

“Right now, people who now really NEED opioid pain killers can't get them because doctors are under scrutiny (as some well should be). That is the biggest travesty of this whole thing. Because people have behaved badly on all levels (including people who knowingly abused these drugs), people are suffering, including many elderly who need them for end of life care. The whole thing is beyond shameful”

Tatted · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 27, 2019

“First time taking it for my lower back and I slept like a baby wit no pain”

ADDICT October 16, 2019

“This stuff is HIGHLY ADDICTING! GET OFF NOW WHILE YOU CAN! THE PHYSICAL WITHDRAWALS ARE NO JOKE.”

CS October 13, 2019

“I take Oxycodone HCL for HemiCrania Continua (left-sided head pain) that doesn’t remit. It fluctuates from moderate to severe numerous times a day. Oxycodone is very helpful to my condition.”

Igor · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

OxyContin (oxycodone): “I underwent a thorocoscopy (surgeons to examine the pleural lining of the lungs and the surface of the lung) which turned into a thorocotomy when my right lung would not re-expand after excess pleural fluid was drained. Oxycodone was initially used to control the pain, but was ineffective. Oxycontin was then used but it didn't work as well as the Oxycodone most likely as it is time released. Under a physician's observation, several Oxycontin were ingested, but to no avail. However, I've been termed by several physicians and dentists as having a high resistance to anesthetics and pain killers.”

Hip surgery September 11, 2019

“I normally take oxycodone 10 mg. After hip surgery, I needed a stay at in house rehab facility. I was prescribed oxycodone 10 mg. I noticed immediately this medication was not working at all. The manufacturer was different and was by Rhodes pharmaceuticals. These facilities have contracts to use only this manufacturer. I have reported to management I am receiving no relief from this drug. Any input on who this should be reported to would be helpful. There are long term nursing home patients here that I hear complain that pain meds are giving no relief. I have experienced this first hand. I am fortunate enough to be able to speak out and go home in a month. I hate that elderly people living here are suffering.”

Early Kiler · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 15, 2019

OxyContin (oxycodone): “Truly the best pain medicine I have ever took.”

KV July 12, 2019

“This drug is an extremely effective and necessary part of pain management for most chronic pain patients. The person who said she had all of those terrible side effects - I've experienced none of that. It has been prescribed to me for years because I have a severe curvature of the spine (scoliosis). My spine is in the shape of an "S". People who take their meds as prescribed do not become addicts. The addicts are the ppl who are getting drugs illegally to get high - pain patient. The so-called opioid crisis has created a chronic pain crisis. That's a whole other story.”

Jilly June 2, 2019

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): “I trialed Xtampza ER for 5 days due to a forced step therapy trial. I went into the trial with a positive attitude because I wanted it to work and I can tolerate Oxycodone. (If it worked, my insurance company would stop hassling me because this med is cheaper than my current med.) However, by day two I could not walk or move because I experienced a rare side effect which I think was due to a filler. My muscle groups locked up consecutively one by one starting w/my lower back and spreading across my body. My pain was also completely uncontrolled, so the dosage was not comparable to my previous morphine milligram equivalency. (My trusted pharmacist researched Xtampza and thought it would be equivalent, so I share this as a possible criticism of the drug itself and not a commentary on my tolerance.) I have complex regional pain syndrome, meaning I am an intractable pain patient, and have been prescribed pain medication for about eight years to manage my pain.”

TK · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2019

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): “After nearly a year of using 18mg Xtempza (started at 9mg and worked up to 18mg) I’ve found waking an hour early and taking it with high fat yogurt and sleeping another hour leaves me feeling refreshed and on my way. It only seems to work for 6-8 hours so I use 20 mg baclofen and 10 mg oxy for breakthrough between doses. It also helps to use Tylenol in addition as it synergizes both forms. Also, if you can get your BP up for at least 20 minutes by taking a fast paced walk it also helps get the meds into your system much quicker. It’s not always easy but exercise helps in every way if you’re able. It’s not the perfect medicine but without it I would be miserable and likely unable to work and tolerate the cancers and radiation proctitis nearly as well as I am.”

New life March 31, 2019

“Hi, before I start - just stay away from this drug. I've been on Targin 10/5 for 6 months now. Was taking 3 tablets per 24hr period and sometimes 4. At first it took the edge off but found over the next few months I needed more. In doing this I felt like rubbish. Dizzy, vertigo, depression, constipation and absolutely no sex drive, no patience, frustration is another con. Losing appetite, sleeping is a chore. At the moment I am taking half a tablet morning and night and the effects are really playing with my mind. Its been 2 days now and the thoughts of suicide is always there. Even friends have noticed the difference in my life, for the worst I can't stop shaking. Eating is a chore, this drug is so addictive. I would rather be in pain than continue taking Targin. It has ruined my life.”

Racquetball · Taken for 10 years or more March 4, 2019

“I played Racquetball almost 50 years. Played pretty aggressively. It kept me in shape for my work level. But, I had operations on both knees, one shoulder and the other shoulder needs an operation. Racquetball is always rough on feet. It's been over 10 years since knees were operated on and they need the knee replacement operation. Oxycontin is the best pain reliever. No tylenol or advil since I have had my limit on those drugs Tylenol and Advil are a killer to the body anyway. The nurse at the PM tells me that different people will have a drug that works best. Mine is Oxycontin....the pain is relieved and you are not impaired.”

Kakes · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 2, 2019

“I have had sciatica for 15 or so years. Went to neurosurgeon, actually 3 and was not convinced surgery would help. I have a leg length discrepancy and my tail bone didn't form correctly. I tried everything. P.T. Chiropractor nothing helps. Tried Gabapentin it just made me exhausted. Oxycodone has worked for me.”

Scoob · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 2, 2018

“Another effective med if only used occasionally so tolerance stays low and side effects are avoided. 10 mg is my 'big gun' if ibuprofen won't touch the pain.”

Relentless · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 29, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): “Xtampza gave me my dignity back. I was bedridden for over four years straight and after literally trying every pain medication in existence (including Fentanyl, spinal nerve stimulator, and pain pump,) I am now able to function at a much higher level. This medication is ideal for those who metabolize meds rapidly, which can be discovered by taking a P-450 blood test. Because of the abuse deterrent capsule, the beads of medication break down slowly. In my experience, this keeps side effects like nausea down. It lasts longer than any ER med I have tried and is more stable in its release. I am losing weight gained previously. The capsule can be sprinkled on apple sauce, but needs to have a fat source to break down properly. A cracker or cookie easily solves this, which is a good practice to have in place with any med to protect stomach lining. I am prescribed a breakthrough med besides Xtampza. I am thankful beyond words that this has worked for me.”

Cancer fighter · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): “Hi I have 2 types of cancer, one that is stage 4. My doctor put me on these to try something new but when I take it I get severe pain in my kidneys, and my body aches where my lymph nodes are. I have also gotten shooting pains in my heart. Has anyone else had side effects like this? My doctor told me to keep taking them but I literally feel like they are killing my organs and me slowly.”

AvgJoe10 August 15, 2018

Oxaydo (oxycodone): “I posted a few months ago, but since then, I've started to have some issues with the formulation. I have developed headaches and I have just felt a cloud of depression fall over me which I never had while on plain oxycodone.”