User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 6)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1815 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "The best by far of pain medication I have taken. I like that it lasts all day. I take the 30mg for osteoarthritis pain and neck degenerative disk pain. It makes me able to live my life. The BEST!"

JoAnn53 August 24, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "When they changed the formulation it does not work as good, or as fast. It upsets my stomach and gives bad headaches. "

disapointed August 10, 2011

"Oxycodone is relatively effective at relieving moderate pain. It is somewhat fast acting so relief comes within a reasonable amount of time. Down side; pain relief does not last very long and the side effects can be difficult to tolerate. The dizziness and nausea associated with taking the medication actually last longer than the pain relief."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Best medicine I have used. I was told to take it every 4 hrs 15mg tab. It usually wears out after 3 hours though I need to talk to doctor about this. But other than that I like it with mild side effects. The worse being mood swings and at night hallucinations."

tech 5 August 5, 2011

"The best I've been prescribed for pain so far."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Very effective at managing my pain that stemmed from a spinal injury and subsequent spinal surgery. It has been the only medicine that manages the pain after trying all the other non-narcotics as well as nerve pain medications."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have been on Roxicodone for almost three years due to my compression fractures and other chronic back pain. It worked very well in the first 6 months, but I then built a tolerance and cannot stay out of pain all day. Would recommend the extended release."

Anonymous July 7, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "It is a life saver for me."

froggys June 25, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This medication is the only one out of so many that have been prescribed over all the years that I have suffered with my condition. (Severe degenerative bone disease, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, etc.) The negative effect I experience is constipation for which I use Benefiber."

Anonymous June 13, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Very good medicine for pain and doesn't have Tylenol in it."

JDON June 2, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Without this medication I wouldn't still be doing my dream job of working with animals (a very tough job even for a healthy person). Before I was prescribed this I tried every single other medication there was without success!"

wildeirishrose May 21, 2011

"Because of stomach issues, I am unable to take NSAIDS. However, I have severe osteoarthritis and some rheumatoid arthritis, with multiple joint replacements, not all of which have had a satisfactory outcome. I am very judicious about using the oxycodone and check in regularly with my Doctor. It's been a God send."

Anonymous May 18, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "My right hip and pelvis were both surgically modified when I was 5 years old. 30 years later here I was in so much pain I could no longer sleep and I was starting to have thoughts of hurting it worse just for that few seconds of relief immediately after. I went to the doctors and tried way many pain killers until he put me on Cymbalta 1 cap 1 a day and 60mg Oxycontin 3 times a day. This worked well other than the super low energy add some Dexedrine and I was good to go but now almost a year later it has stopped working. "

Jynxified_alive May 18, 2011

"LIKES: It works on post surgical pain. While it makes me a bit tired I can still function and work. It does not make me nauseous. DISLIKES: It makes me so itchy I cannot function and need to take a 25mg hydroxyzine with each 10mg tablet. The histamine release is so aggravating that wearing clothes is just short of torture and every pore feels like it has a live nerve in it. My bowels have stopped completely. The CONS outway the PROS on this one for me. I have read a lot on how addicting this is and I cannot understand why - while it certainly did work on the pain, it made me feel miserable."

Sansea May 9, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I'm 66 yrs and have had back pain for 46 yrs. My doctor had me on Percodan for about 15 yrs then he switched me over to Oxycontin when the Percodan didn't help. I'm on 10mg twice a day. I have Degenerative disk disease from L1 to L5 plus a fractured tail bone (from a fall). My doctor does not want me on them but I cannot function with the pain. Doctor is so scared that I will die if I take too many even though I would never abuse them. I have tried acupuncture, cortisone shots and most of anything that would ease the pain but Oxycontin does the job. BUT they take a long time to kick in."

kadodykid May 8, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been on oxycontin for a few weeks and this medicine is amazing. It totally kills all my pain and gives me energy. I can have a normal life because of it. "

it hurt all the time May 7, 2011

"My Mother is prescribed this medication for pain from several different issues. They range from 4 rotator cuff surgeries, to bone grafts, and a couple other pretty gnarly issues. She's tried the other medicines with little to no results. I remember the week her doctor started her on oxycodone and it was like she was given a second chance at life. She could move about as she pleased (as opposed to being bed ridden with pain), she could make dinner plans, go on trips to see family members, etc etc etc. "

ConspiracyTheory May 7, 2011

"I had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago and it helped me tremendously the first 5 days after my surgery. I had to take it regularly every 4-6 hours to help with the pain. It worked wonders. It made me nauseous if I didn't take with food and made me a little dizzy and light headed so no driving while on this medicine until you get used to it. Other than that it was very helpful with my pain."

Cass3918 May 6, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Severe Scoliosis for over 10 years. Been on Vicodin. Made my gut ache. Tried Oxycontin. Started on 5mg. Not great. 15mg,4 x a day, 30 for breakthrough pain. This medicine also has changed my life! I can function so much better than anything else I've found. "

justaghost April 28, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've been in severe pain for about 8 years and I'm only in my early 30's. Have been told by too many doctors that I have fibromyalgia but cannot function on Lyrica. Been on Oxycontin 60mg twice a day for almost 3 years now. I was able to work and take care of my child. But lost insurance and can't pay the for Oxycontin. So I haven't been able to work. "

Anonymous April 22, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Injured my wrist 6 years ago playing raquetball and later diagnosed with RSD. After EVERY drug know to man, physical therapy, and extreme pain, I was finally reffered to the pain clinic. After explaining what I had been going through for 6 years, I was put on MS Contin at first then switched to Oxycontin 10mg X 2 a day. WOW. I can function almost like normal."

Anonymous April 21, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "If not for Roxicodone (oxycodone) 30mg tablets I'd have unbearable back and leg pain from a disc herniation. This medicine makes the pain go away, 99.9%! I need 90-120mg/day. I also take Aleve 440mg, once every 2 days. I need something without acetaminophen for the health of my liver. Roxicodone has given me a life."

Peater From The U.S. :) March 29, 2011

OxyIR (oxycodone): "Works well for the pain and works fast, also with IR you know when it is going to take effect."

Anonymous March 26, 2011

"A very effective pain medicine compared to what is out there."

jims19 March 26, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone): "My doctor put me on Oxycontin. About 4 months ago we started at 10mg twice a day with 4 x 5/325 Percocets. We are at 30 mg twice a day and 4 x 10/325 Percocets a day now. I have fibromyalgia, IBS, Myfasical pain, herniated disc in neck. This dosage has given me a lot of relief but I would love to be able to go to to dinner or something with my husband so I think a little more work is needed. I do have one problem it makes me itch like crazy. "

Anonymous March 18, 2011