User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, Advil Liqui-Gels, Motrin IB, Motrin Childrens, Addaprin, Children's Motrin, Caldolor, Advil Film-Coated, Genpril, NeoProfen, Proprinal, IBU-200, Midol IB, A-G Profen, Advil Children's, Nuprin, Advil Junior Strength, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Actiprofen, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry Motrin Migraine Pain Advil Migraine PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength Motrin Infant Drops Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric …show all brand names

Rheumatoid Arthritis 10.0
Plantar Fasciitis 1 reviews 28 medications
Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 7.7 167 reviews

Reviews for Ibuprofen

Kylie · Taken for 10 years or more June 8, 2020

For Period Pain: “I have taken it and waiting for response and waiting the my pain might stop”

Sandy May 2, 2020

For Pain: “Motrin 800mg saved me daily from excruciating pain associated with Shingles.”

Asax April 25, 2020

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: “I've had extremely painful menstrual cramps since I started my period. After having it checked and prescribed many different pain relievers by doctors, I finally tried Advil liqui-gel capsules and its definitely the only one that's worked. Mind you the cramps were so bad I couldn't move from the bed for the first 2 days, vomiting, couldn't get sleep and back pain. This has become a lot less now for the past 3 months since I've been taking liqui-gels.”

Pekky April 20, 2020

For Toothache: “Had a cavity hole, in my tooth and dentist was all booked out for three weeks. Stopped taking Panadol and used ibuprofen, 800mg twice daily. Worked instantly and continued too take until tooth removal, worked wonders highly recommend”

Dylpickle · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Pain: “Well I stabbed myself in the hand with a large knife on accident and the only thing that is keeping it from hurting after getting stitches is Advil. Actually helping quite a bit”

Jared · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 15, 2020

For Back Pain: “Works like a charm, mainly for headache but can reduce the pain in your back as well, definitely recommend ibuprofen for headache and other things as well.”

Anonymous April 5, 2020

Children's Motrin (ibuprofen) for Pain: “I was taking ibuprofen for my pain and then realized it was making it worse. I stopped and the pain has gone away.”

maxine12 · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2020

For Sciatica: “I had excruciating pain in both legs after slipping down a few stairs.It lasted about a week and at that time I decided to go to hospital. It was sciatica. I was told to take Ibuprofen for 3 days. I believe 600mg every 8 hours and I couldn't believe how great I felt. I have it again and just taking two 200mg every 8 hours and starting to feel relief. This time was probably worse.”

Kev March 13, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen) for Gout, Acute: “I had a bad flare up with my gout. I tried colcrys and indomethicin. I still had severe pain. Then I purchased Advil 200 mg ×4. That was the key in addition to the colcrys within a day my swelling went down and by the next day I was walking without pain.”

Lee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen) for Muscle Pain: “Barely touchs my muscle or back pain even if I take 2 pills.”

Meg · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Period Pain: “What a difference ibuprofen my for my period problems of pain, volume and discomfort. Also helped with exhaustion by lessening blood loss. Which I would have tried this years ago”

haplitz · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2020

For Period Pain: “800 mg ibuprofen, AN ACTUAL LIFESAVER for my period pain. I have detrimental pain each time my period comes, to the point where it arouses fear in me. Ibuprofen really helps, takes minutes for relief. I'm extremely dependent though and usually take 1 or 2 a day, for the first 4 days of my period.”

Alexa January 12, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: “I get frequent headaches. By frequent, I mean I’ll get at least one every day. I’ve tried a lot of pain relief methods, but not one method or medicine has worked the way Advil has. Advil is a godsend. I’ve been using it when needed for years now. It’s truly the work of the heavens. It clears up my headache in a half hour maximum. For me, I get no side effects that others talk about (nausea, queasiness, diarrhea, etc.) and it works perfectly. I truly couldn’t imagine a more perfect medicine for pain and fever relief in my life. I recommend this medicine and nothing else for pain.”

nisha December 31, 2019

For Period Pain: “it helped my cramps go for a couple of hours but a little while after I took it I fell asleep...”

Trs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 17, 2019

Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: “I've had dehabilitating period pain since I started my periods at 11 years old. I get weak and have painful cramps, can't function. Feels like having a miscarriage every time. Taking 800mg ibuprofen doesn't touch my pain. Midol is the only thing that helps. Until I was recently put on the generic form of mobic. This has been a high relief for me. I started at 11 years old, and am 43 now. I don't like taking it everyday, but it was prescribed for arthritis and has been a life saver!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Muscle Pain: “Advil works great for inflammation and pain but has anybody experience blood vessels breaking under the skin after long term use? If I scratch my arm over my clothes it will make a horrible spot. It only happens on my arms so weird.”

Anonymous November 11, 2019

For Period Pain: “Doesnt work at all for severe cramps :(((”

Darkchocolate · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: “As much as I don’t like taking medications (I just feel like it’s not good for your kidneys and it’s not natural), I suffer from very painful period cramps every month. I tried using other remedies but TBH none of them work (even for weed). I normally feel very weak on my first day of period and I almost can’t feel any blood in my limbs. Pain killers like advil works well and I felt like I was normal again. Would recommend it.”

Suzie October 20, 2019

For Pain: “My lower spine was injured in a car accident. The L-3 was crushed, resulting in paralysis in one leg. I also developed Crohn’s disease. After using ibuprofen for months, I developed symptoms of stomach ulcers so I stopped taking it, and within a day the feelings of being either hot or cold completely disappeared. I can now sleep thru the night without waking up hot and sweaty. I would also experience episodes of feeling extremely cold, oftentimes soon after feeling extremely hot. I would put on extra clothing, go to bed with extra blankets until I finally warmed up. These two symptoms went on for months, but has now completely stopped, shortly after stopping the Ibuprophen.”

Will · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2019

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Pain: “Ring finger was pulsing with pain it worked in about 20 min I have to go back to get a x ray but working good my pain was originally at an 8 and I'm at a 2 now”

Shanta · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

Ibu-Tab (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: “This is my first time in a while taking this. I usually stick to naproxens but I wanted to go a diff route. So far so good I'm having slight pain but not as bad as before. Fingers, eyes, legs, arms toes are all crossed . .hoping this works thru out my day :*)”

BE · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

For Sciatica: “I have mild sciatica pain from time to time but after picking up my 25 pound granddaughter during a recent visit, and pulling a muscle in my hip, I developed sciatica so painful I literally could not sit down. My doctor suggested ice and heat and an Advil regimen. I started taking two Advil three times a day (200 mg tablets) and did this for six days. The pain just didn’t diminish. My doctor then prescribed a muscle relaxer so I started taking it while continuing with the Advil. Still no real improvement. I decided to stop the Advil as my son-in-law told me it was not good to take too much of it for a lengthy time. Well, after 24 hours of not taking the Advil I felt so much better!! I’m able to actually sit in a chair with no pain! I don’t know if the Advil was interfering with the muscle relaxer (baclofen) or whether it simply had not ever worked for me and I didn’t realize it.”

onelove salvia · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 26, 2019

For Period Pain: “IMPORTANT: TAKE ANY PAINKILLER THE DAY BEFORE EXPECTED CRAMPS!!! I have found all pain medication to be much more likely to be effective this way. If pain already exists, it doesnt normally seem to do much of anything. I just suffer in agony for hours, sometimes on and off all day long due to severe symptoms. I don't know why that would be, but there you have it. Even hours after taking any painkiller, I tend to feel little to no relief if I havent pre-dosed.”

shanika88 · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2019

For Pain: “I am pretty big ibuprofen taker and never had problems with ibuprofen ever. I tried major brand after PA prescribed three 200mg every 6 hours. the pharmacy gave me this brand, and upon taking first dose found I felt extremely horrible and was having a severe strokish allergic reaction. Most horrible experience truly.”

Any · Taken for 10 years or more September 15, 2019

For Period Pain: “My period is extremely painful. I have to take 800mg ibuprofen 3 times a day to get relief. Sometimes even 800mg doesn't work if I don't catch it early. Starts working around 40-60 mins, Sometimes later. But If it really kicks in, I feel great for like 6-8 hrs. I have to laugh when somebody explain their cramps as horrible, but then say 1-2 pills a day save them. Girls you are so lucky”