User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, IBU, Advil Liqui-Gels, Motrin IB, Proprinal, Advil Children's, Caldolor, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Motrin Childrens, Rufen, Ibuprofen PMR, Ibu-8, Motrin Pediatric, Menadol, Nuprin, Advil Junior Strength, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Motrin Migraine Pain, Advil Migraine, PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Ibu-6, NeoProfen, Ibu-Tab, Genpril, Haltran, IBU-200, Midol IB, Saleto-200, Q-Profen, Saleto-400, Saleto-600, Saleto-800, A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Ibu-4, Motrin Junior Strength, Motrin Infant Drops, Help I Have An Aching Body, Children's ElixSure IB, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Cap-Profen, Advil Film-Coated …show all brand names

Fever

Plantar FasciitisNot rated - Be the first1 review 28 medications
RadiculopathyNot rated - Be the first1 review 0 medications
Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 7.4 135 reviews

Reviews for Ibuprofen

For Toothache: "I had my wisdom teeth out and was in agonizing pain. I took a 600mg tablet of ibuprofen with 1 extra strength tylenol as they instructed and it got me through it. Highly recommend. Just don't overdo it."

Riri (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

For Period Pain: "I have horrible period cramps and I take ibuprofen every five hours or so for around two days when my cramps are intense and it really works. I couldn't live without it."

Ann May 9, 2019

For Pain: "I was taken kicking and screaming off of Norco 10/325 x 6 daily and put on buprenorphine 2 mgs. twice a daily and ibufrofen (Advil) 200 mgs. as needed. I did not realize the side effects from the Norco were so bad until I stopped it (severe itching, severe intestinal cramping, constant watching the clock waiting until my next dose). I have lumbar stenosis and severe pain in my left foot. The buprenorphine keeps it down to a level 3-5 most of the time and when it gets bad just one 200 mg OTC Advil knocks it back to 1-3. I have yet to experience stomach upset at this low dose. I wouldn't have believed it if you told me either. Incredibly effective for an OTC pain reliever."

OriginalLHB (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2019

For Frozen Shoulder: "This is the go to medicine for me for a frozen shoulder. I was given Meloxicam first, but I couldn’t handle the side effects of muscle pain and insomnia. I started the ibuprofen three days after stopping the Meloxicam, and the pain relief and stiffness were greatly relieved. I take 400 mg a day, and no more, because that’s what works for me. If I do take more, I become restless with no added pain relief, so why bother."

Jeff (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2019

Advil (ibuprofen) for Fever: "TAKES AWAY everything super fast. It took away my pain, fever, and headache and suprisingly my stuffy nose. It always works"

alex (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

For Period Pain: "Will not my help brutal menstrual cramps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

kay1234 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 14, 2018

For Headache: "I am working in hospital and suddenly I had a headache and felt heavy at the same time. So went to the pharmacy ask me to give me a tablet to relief headache and heaviness this was what they gave me and it was great"

Ali (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Pain: "I've been taking Advil liquid gel caps for years for the relief of migraines. The last couple of years I've been developing itching scalp that followed with swollen eyes, lips and tongue. I thought at first it was something I was eating or coming in contact with. I never suspected it to be my Advils since I've been taking them for years and these reactions kind of new. I've been paying close attention to what I do and eat and I found that it was most definitely the Advils that were causing these side effects which often sent me to the emergency when my tongue would swell. I just wanted to share this experience cause it took me 2yrs to figure the cause of my itchy scalp, swollen eyes, lips and tongue that would last for two days for swelling to reduce."

Bon (taken for 10 years or more) October 18, 2018

For Pain: "Please note that gastric bypass patients must stop all use of Ibuprofen and Aleve forever as they are harmful to your pouch and create ulcers. I just was hospitalized for my Ibuprofen use as it caused a hole in my pouch."

Annie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "I have awful menstrual pain, and if I don't do anything about it, I lie in bed all day, vomiting and writhing in pain. Advil liquid gels are the only medication that totally relieve my pain, and it does so within minutes!!! Without advil liquid gels, I wouldn't be able to function, and would need to take time off work. Thank you advil liquid gels, you are my saviour!!!"

hihihi (taken for 10 years or more) September 16, 2018

For Back Pain: "Ibuprofen certainly seems to reduce the pain in my back, and has been very effective in eliminating pain in my toothache. But it can (mildly) upset my stomach, especially if I take it without food. Even if taken with food, My Stomach can feel 'strange' and feel as if something is irritating it. It's hard to properly describe. I could be imagining it. There is increased intestinal (loud) rumbling and other noises as well. Still, it seems to work where paracetamol is totally ineffective."

psychlops (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Toothache: "It sucks"

Ed (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Period Pain: "For my period I’m taking usually between 400-500 mg of ibuprofen and it usually helps. I take it after I eat. Works between 15-30 minutes and stays for 6-8 hours. Highly recommend. Also found in liquid medicine if (like me) you can’t take pills. I am highly overweight and 500mg is usually enough . Not recommended taking more than 1800mg if I remember correctly a day."

Nitzan (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Advil works extremely well for toothache. I was taking prescription Ibuprofen 600 and they don't work as well or as fast as original advil in my opinion. Starts to work 15-30 mins after taking 3 for me. This is an infected tooth that needed a root canal or is going to eventually be pulled. I keep advil in my purse and will discontinue use after I have the procedure. Very pleased at how it stops extreme pain. A godsend!"

Pea (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Pain: "I have osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and tinnitus. The ibuprofen helped with the pain initially, but it increased the tinnitus over time. It was great short-term, but not good long-term. If you have tinnitus (ringing of the ears), I would suggest not taking it or other NSAIDS."

UUMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Ibuprofen has been my first line of treatment for gout attacks for 30 years and always works quick and fast. If I take Ibuprofen during the week for normal aches and pains it also seems to prevents attacks. Every time a doctor has instructed to me stop taking ibuprofen before or after a procedure I wind up having a gout attack. If I can't take the ibuprofen or any other NSAID then I have used Colchicine, it works but I get serious nausea and diarrhea after one day. I get quick and complete relief from methylprednisolone steroid pack."

Bill in Texzas (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2018

For Back Pain: "This made my stomach hurt bad"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Headache: "I’ve always turned to ibuprofen when I have headaches. It tends to help me by removing the headache in the first place. I recommend you buy the Walmart brand (Equate) because it’s a good generic brand and it works really well."

Ivanisgreat (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I’ve tried multiple medications yet the only two that ever help is Ibuprofin and Cortizone injections. All I need to take is 200-400mg ibuprofin per day."

Danielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Toothache: "I dont know why the rating for this medication is so low , unless it is because people just haven't tried it in which case I would highly recommend doing so. These are my go-to , the liquid medicine means it works faster and though you can't cure tooth pain fast enough , I can always count on these taking the edge off ..I don't bother taking anything else !"

shannon (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Tried using Advil pm due to fibromyalgia pain and wasn't able to sleep. However I probably would have slept better if I didn't take anything because not only did it not help me sleep it failed to take any of the slightest pain away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "I gave it 5 stars only because it really did help me with my pain from pleurisy. I take one 800mg tablet every 6 hours when it flares up. But with long term usage (sometimes my flare ups last two weeks) I have noticed that I have felt extreme depression. Almost to the point where I see no reason to continue on. I didn't realize it was the medicine until someone else shared their story of ibuprofen with me. It had also made them depressed. So I immediately stopped taking it and within a few days was back to my old self. So moral of the story is that if you need to take ibuprofen please make sure you are doing it under a doctors supervision. Depression is not fun especially when you are in pain."

Ibuprofen caused Depression (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Pain: "It is like baby aspirin for extreme pain. It doesn't touch bursitus or torn muscle. Take about an hour to even feel a little relief."

Carollwright15 January 30, 2018

For Sciatica: "I have been taking ibuprofen and gabapentin for two months. I have decided to take just ibuprofen because of the side effects of gabapentin, but I am leary of the reports of heart attacks from ibuprofen. Anyone with information on this?"

patcee14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2018

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "Works within half hour but wears off within 4."

Jay0987 January 22, 2018