User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, Advil, Advil Children's, Advil Film-Coated, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Cap-Profen, Children's ElixSure IB, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Genpril, Haltran, Help I Have An Aching Body, IBU, IBU-200, Ibu-4, Ibu-6, Ibu-8, Ibu-Tab, Ibuprofen PMR, Menadol, Midol IB, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Motrin, Motrin Childrens, Motrin IB, Motrin Infant Drops, Motrin Junior Strength, Motrin Migraine Pain, Motrin Pediatric, NeoProfen, Nuprin, PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Proprinal, Q-Profen, Rufen, Saleto-200, Saleto-400, Saleto-600, Saleto-800 …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ibuprofen.

Fever

1 review 50 medications
Neck Pain

Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 6.7 113 reviews

Reviews for Ibuprofen

For Pain: "It is like baby aspirin for extreme pain. It doesn't touch bursitus or torn muscle. Take about an hour to even feel a little relief."

Carollwright15 January 30, 2018

For Sciatica: "I have been taking ibuprofen and gabapentin for two months. I have decided to take just ibuprofen because of the side effects of gabapentin, but I am leary of the reports of heart attacks from ibuprofen. Anyone with information on this?"

patcee14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2018

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "Works within half hour but wears off within 4."

Jay0987 January 22, 2018

For Headache: "I get varying types of headaches; migraine, stress, tension, sinus. Ibuprofen works most of the time but tends to take a while to work. And if taken on an empty stomach, will make you nauseous. I recommend using the gel-caps, as they seem to be softer on the stomach."

Joe F January 18, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "I used to take Advil for headaches years ago. I must have taken a lot of it, because I had many headaches. It worked great at the time. Now I have micro colitis which can be caused from taking to much of this NSAIDS. I really wish Google was around back in the day when I was popping all those Advil! I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now with my stomach problems!"

Darchick (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2017

For Frozen Shoulder: "I've found that taking ibuprofen (200 mg) several times daily reduces the shoulder and upper arm pain (both shoulders) and permits more flexibility. The length of time that its effect lasts is perhaps five or six hours at most...not quite long enough to get a full night's comfortable sleep."

Grampus (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2017

For Toothache: "Had it recommended by the chemist rather than codeine I didn't think anything worked for a toothache but ibuprofen worked for me 2 tabs for start then 1 when it wares off about 6 hours, while waiting for the dentist appointment."

hazchem November 14, 2017

IBU (ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I only take when needed but helps the pain alot."

Bren229 (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2017

Advil (ibuprofen) for Back Pain: "I bought the New Advil minis and they stink, They did nothing for my back pain as the originals did. I took 2 gels at once and they usually work right away, but these minis did nothing. I don't believe there is 200mg in each one as they say. Why change something that works, they lost my business..I hope others test it and let everyone know if they worked for them."

Roeb (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

For Period Pain: "I've had bad period cramps since I started menstruating. I used ibuprofen but 400 mg every four to six hours was not enough; I was afraid to take more until I read the prescription dosage for arthritis was as high as 3200 mg per day. I bumped my dosage up to 600 mg per dose and that made a huge difference. I recommend talking to a doctor or pharmacist about how much to take if the typical dose isn't working for you."

Pam9 July 25, 2017

For Back Pain: "Seriously worked better than the Percoset given to me at the hospital. I hurt my back but needed to go to work and couldn't be loopy. Lasts about 6 hrs then pain started to kick in again.. then took the OxyContin and broke out in hot sweats and nesusea... other one was way better"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

For Toothache: "This drug works wonders. I got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted two days ago and on the first night I had no pain but the second night at around 4:00 am I started getting the worst pain I've ever felt that kept me from sleeping. The first thing I thought of was ibuprofen. I quickly went downstairs to get some. I'm 5'3" and 120 lbs, I took four 200 mg pills as prescribed. It took less than 30 mins to kick in and once it did I felt no pain at all and fell asleep perfectly fine and comfortable. Thankyou very much Stewart Adams for inventing this drug. It's simple but miraculous. Sincerely, Sarah Craig"

Sarah Craig (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

For Sciatica: "Extra strength (400 mg) liqui-gels are the only thing that seems to help with my sciatica. They do more than the Lyrica, delayed release naproxen, Tylenol 2's, and Extra Strength Tylenols combined. I take a high dose but do not want to take narcotics and I have to be able to leave a half-way normal life."

PMcFee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

For Sciatica: "I have been an avid user of ibuprofen until this month 6/2017. It worked wonders for my sciatic nerve pain until it stopped working and seemed to make my pain worse. I found out I had an extreme vitamin D deficiency of 9 (normal range 30-100). I started reading about the side effects and found I had several of them to include elevated liver enzymes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure. The ibuprofen that I thought was helping actually depleted my vitamin D which is in a case study for my age group 47 and long term use of anti inflammatorys is been known to deplete vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency can be cause by long term use of ibuprofen and can cause muscle and bone pain."

LowD (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 16, 2017

For Neck Pain: "good for me"

droobyb (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Within 10-15 min pain is gone. I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines my whole life.......it's my life saver. It's my best friend"

CrazyLibraLuv (taken for 10 years or more) May 20, 2017

For Headache: "Works better than Tylenol or Aspirin for pain and headache. If I take 800mg within 30mins of the start of a headache, it'll almost always stops it."

Eye _ Doc April 15, 2017

For Pain: "I took 400 mg every 6 to 8 hours ibuprofen in the hospital for chest pain caused by radiation for breast cancer. Since coming home from the hospital after four days, I am now reducing to one 200 mg tablet every 6 to 8 hours. Will taper off in the next couple of days. It has really worked wonders for the terrible pain in my chest."

Senior Curly Top April 15, 2017

For Plantar Fasciitis: "Good"

Anonymous March 12, 2017

For Radiculopathy: "Neurontin 800 mg 3 x a day. Helps me with Aleve. I could not walk, now I can with cane.plus a muscle relaxer 2x a day. Thanks"

Jimany Cricket March 6, 2017

For Sciatica: "I have severe sciatica that is absolutely devastating to my lifestyle. I drive a lot and the pain is excruciating. 800mg of Ibuprofen provides relief in about an hour to an hour and a half and from a dose to pain returning is about 3 to 3 and a half hours. It's not much, but it's the only think giving me a respite from what is otherwise excruciating pain. I'm starting to get routine heartburn for the first time in years after taking this routinely for three months. Starting to worry about the stomach side effects. Can also be hard on the kidneys."

JanieRock February 14, 2017

For Period Pain: "Poor! Obviously a male must've been the person the person behind the making of these tablets because they are poor! Too mild. When a woman takes painkillers for menstrual pains, it means they don't want to feel anything! But these tabs don't eradicate the pain like other regular pains do. In face, nurofen plus is far much better than the one for menstrual pains. I just think this was another way to expand their product line in the market to increase their customer base and profits! Nurofen guys, relook at it please!"

Khemi January 14, 2017

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "Always take this pain pills is the ONLY ONE works for me and I visited to many doctors office and change medication but always back to advil because is more safe to take this compare to the doctor prescription."

JB 2019 December 26, 2016

For Period Pain: "Have taken this tablet on 2 different occasions. Both times does not work for periods. I have horrible pains and i feel that this tablet does nothing at all. Id recommend something stronger for those who dont get mild cramps."

Kahli (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "Advil is my pain reliever of choice, and I take it occasionally to relieve severe headaches; however, it is not without its (many) faults. For starters, it often takes as long as 2 hours to start acting. Also, it is VERY hard on my stomach—taking even the smallest recommended dose makes me feel queasy and nauseous. I actually prefer the children's Advil, as it has a similar pain-relieving effect without as much stomach pain. Overall, Advil is a worthwhile pain medication, but I would recommend using it sparingly."

pseudonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016