User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: Motrin, Advil, IBU, Children's Motrin, Motrin IB, Advil Liqui-Gels, Motrin Childrens, Nuprin, Addaprin, Proprinal, Advil Migraine, Haltran, Advil Children's, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, NeoProfen, Caldolor, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Ibu-Tab, Rufen, Genpril, IBU-200, Ibuprofen PMR, Menadol, Midol IB, Saleto-200, Q-Profen, Saleto-400, Saleto-600, Saleto-800, A-G Profen, Advil Junior Strength, Actiprofen, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Motrin Migraine Pain, PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Ibu-4, Ibu-6, Ibu-8, Motrin Junior Strength, Motrin Infant Drops, Help I Have An Aching Body, Children's ElixSure IB, Cap-Profen, Motrin Pediatric, Advil Film-Coated …show all brand names

Fever

RadiculopathyNot rated - Add rating1 review 0 medications
Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 7.4 142 reviews

Reviews for Ibuprofen

Xoxo August 9, 2019

For Headache: "I have chronic migraines and my Dr prescribed me 800mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day or as needed AND LET ME TELL YOUUUUU... Within 5 mins my migraine literally MELTS AWAY. I can't live without it, it really helps my condition."

deedle July 26, 2019

For Sciatica: "In an eight hour period, I'd take 1600mgs of ibuprofen and not feel an improvement"

Neha July 26, 2019

For Period Pain: "It really works for my periods. I have terrible cramps at this time of the month. I cannot live without this medicine."

D July 16, 2019

For Toothache: "A lot off people such as myself haven been to the Dentist get a wisdom tooth pulled and I'm looking for something to reduce/stop the pain and ibuprofen SUCKS like I never even took anything... The pain swallows the pill."

Queen_Dean · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Period Pain: "I use ibuprofen when my period gets heavy And when I have cramps It’s makes it less (That what my dad told me he is a pharmacist:) )"

Lathalweapon June 13, 2019

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Toothache: "Been there done that. I've tried everything there is to offer for tooth pain with zero results. I have a huge hole in a lower wisdom tooth as we speak. When waiting to get in to the poor man's dentist it can take a month or more. (Based on income) I have 2 more weeks and I am counting down the minutes. "

independent · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: "Ibuprofen Is like taking candy, it does nothing for severe pain and I was on the 800mg prescription dose in addition it's not good for your stomach."

Riri · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2019

For Toothache: "I had my wisdom teeth out and was in agonizing pain. I took a 600mg tablet of ibuprofen with 1 extra strength tylenol as they instructed and it got me through it. Highly recommend. Just don't overdo it."

Ann May 9, 2019

For Period Pain: "I have horrible period cramps and I take ibuprofen every five hours or so for around two days when my cramps are intense and it really works. I couldn't live without it."

OriginalLHB · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2019

For Pain: "I was taken kicking and screaming off of Norco 10/325 x 6 daily and put on buprenorphine 2 mgs. twice a daily and ibufrofen (Advil) 200 mgs. as needed. I did not realize the side effects from the Norco were so bad until I stopped it (severe itching, severe intestinal cramping, constant watching the clock waiting until my next dose). I have lumbar stenosis and severe pain in my left foot. The buprenorphine keeps it down to a level 3-5 most of the time and when it gets bad just one 200 mg OTC Advil knocks it back to 1-3. I have yet to experience stomach upset at this low dose. I wouldn't have believed it if you told me either. Incredibly effective for an OTC pain reliever."

Jeff · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2019

For Frozen Shoulder: "This is the go to medicine for me for a frozen shoulder. I was given Meloxicam first, but I couldn’t handle the side effects of muscle pain and insomnia. I started the ibuprofen three days after stopping the Meloxicam, and the pain relief and stiffness were greatly relieved. I take 400 mg a day, and no more, because that’s what works for me. If I do take more, I become restless with no added pain relief, so why bother."

alex · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2019

Advil (ibuprofen) for Fever: "TAKES AWAY everything super fast. It took away my pain, fever, and headache and suprisingly my stuffy nose. It always works"

kay1234 · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 14, 2018

For Period Pain: "Will not my help brutal menstrual cramps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ali · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 29, 2018

For Headache: "I am working in hospital and suddenly I had a headache and felt heavy at the same time. So went to the pharmacy ask me to give me a tablet to relief headache and heaviness this was what they gave me and it was great"

Bon · Taken for 10 years or more October 18, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Pain: "I've been taking Advil liquid gel caps for years for the relief of migraines. The last couple of years I've been developing itching scalp that followed with swollen eyes, lips and tongue. I thought at first it was something I was eating or coming in contact with. I never suspected it to be my Advils since I've been taking them for years and these reactions kind of new. I've been paying close attention to what I do and eat and I found that it was most definitely the Advils that were causing these side effects which often sent me to the emergency when my tongue would swell. I just wanted to share this experience cause it took me 2yrs to figure the cause of my itchy scalp, swollen eyes, lips and tongue that would last for two days for swelling to reduce."

Annie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2018

For Pain: "Please note that gastric bypass patients must stop all use of Ibuprofen and Aleve forever as they are harmful to your pouch and create ulcers. I just was hospitalized for my Ibuprofen use as it caused a hole in my pouch."

hihihi · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "I have awful menstrual pain, and if I don't do anything about it, I lie in bed all day, vomiting and writhing in pain. Advil liquid gels are the only medication that totally relieve my pain, and it does so within minutes!!! Without advil liquid gels, I wouldn't be able to function, and would need to take time off work. Thank you advil liquid gels, you are my saviour!!!"

psychlops · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2018

For Back Pain: "Ibuprofen certainly seems to reduce the pain in my back, and has been very effective in eliminating pain in my toothache. But it can (mildly) upset my stomach, especially if I take it without food. Even if taken with food, My Stomach can feel 'strange' and feel as if something is irritating it. It's hard to properly describe. I could be imagining it. There is increased intestinal (loud) rumbling and other noises as well. Still, it seems to work where paracetamol is totally ineffective."

Ed · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2018

For Toothache: "It sucks"

Nitzan · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2018

For Period Pain: "For my period I’m taking usually between 400-500 mg of ibuprofen and it usually helps. I take it after I eat. Works between 15-30 minutes and stays for 6-8 hours. Highly recommend. Also found in liquid medicine if (like me) you can’t take pills. I am highly overweight and 500mg is usually enough . Not recommended taking more than 1800mg if I remember correctly a day."

Pea · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Advil works extremely well for toothache. I was taking prescription Ibuprofen 600 and they don't work as well or as fast as original advil in my opinion. Starts to work 15-30 mins after taking 3 for me. This is an infected tooth that needed a root canal or is going to eventually be pulled. I keep advil in my purse and will discontinue use after I have the procedure. Very pleased at how it stops extreme pain. A godsend!"

UUMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2018

For Pain: "I have osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and tinnitus. The ibuprofen helped with the pain initially, but it increased the tinnitus over time. It was great short-term, but not good long-term. If you have tinnitus (ringing of the ears), I would suggest not taking it or other NSAIDS."

Bill in Texzas · Taken for 10 years or more June 29, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Ibuprofen has been my first line of treatment for gout attacks for 30 years and always works quick and fast. If I take Ibuprofen during the week for normal aches and pains it also seems to prevents attacks. Every time a doctor has instructed to me stop taking ibuprofen before or after a procedure I wind up having a gout attack. If I can't take the ibuprofen or any other NSAID then I have used Colchicine, it works but I get serious nausea and diarrhea after one day. I get quick and complete relief from methylprednisolone steroid pack."

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2018

For Back Pain: "This made my stomach hurt bad"

Ivanisgreat · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

For Headache: "I’ve always turned to ibuprofen when I have headaches. It tends to help me by removing the headache in the first place. I recommend you buy the Walmart brand (Equate) because it’s a good generic brand and it works really well."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)