User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, Advil, Advil Children's, Advil Film-Coated, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Cap-Profen, Children's ElixSure IB, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, ...show all 46 brand names

Learn more about Ibuprofen.

Fever 4 reviews 377 medications

Spondylolisthesis 1 reviews 50 medications

Neck Pain 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 86 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Ibuprofen

For Pain: "Currently experiencing torn cartilage in my jaw after having my bottom impacted wisdom teeth pulled. The on call surgeon suggested these as well as the leftover oxycodine from my surgery. The tear happened about 8:35 this evening. Since then I've taken 3 oxycodine and 4 ibuprofen 800mg and nothing is taking away the pain. They did the job for the pain after surgery. But unfortunately nothing is doing it now."

Kmdool August 17, 2016

For : "Didn't work for me. Made my stomach and head hurt. I was taking it for an ovarian cyst. I had to stick with Tylenol 3 instead."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Excellent anti-inflammatory/NSAID. Worked well on a sprained big toe that caused swelling in that area. It works better than the store brand generic. I know people claim they are the same, but I can tell the difference."

NCResident (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "I have used Advil (Ibuprofen) for over a year for most headaches. It works like a charm, better than any other medicine I've tried, even ones previous doctors have recommended (my current one does recommend Advil). When I was a kid, I used the children's Advil (chewable), and it still worked great. It didn't taste like grease, unlike most other children's medicine I had. Now as an adult, I still love it. I've never experienced any side effects, nor have I ever had any negative reactions to it. It starts kicking in super quickly, and the headaches don't tend to come back after I take a tablet of Advil. Overall highly recommended, not too pricey (especially for the amount of drug in each capsule and for the number of capsules in a container)."

S_KittenLover7172006 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2016

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "I have taken midol, Advil, but none compare to Motrin IB. It worked within the first five minutes of me taking it. Great for instant relief, and last quite a while."

Kissy456 July 9, 2016

For Pain: "The best pain reliever choice for me!"

Spe77 (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

For Sciatica: "800 mg helped with my pain. It takes about an hour to work then pain is manageable. I have minimal side effects, a little headachy and slightly tired. I can take this and get relief without feeling drugged."

Suzyqszoo (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For Pain: "I took 600 MG of this medication for a mild to moderate knee sprain, and it made it tolerable to bear weight. It reduces inflammation, which is good for minor injuries. I would highly recommend this for short term use, as it's over the counter and not sedating. It works pretty fast, too."

Steppney February 23, 2016

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Headache: "STAY AWAY FROM THIS. Took this medication at 5 am when I woke up with a headache. Took an advil extra strength. Shortly after, I was puking my guts up for like an hour. I had an exam that morning too. Needless to say, I failed my exam. Thank you advil. I do not recommend this."

ShawnaL977 February 2, 2016

For Period Pain: "I am having a severe dysmenorrhea each and every of my menstrual days. That's why I tried ibuprofen, specifically Advil, as it was also suggested by my friends. But before I took this, I consulted my doctor. He gave me specific dosages. Now, my menstrual cramps are gone."

rezoonicz (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2015

Advil (ibuprofen) for Spondylolisthesis: "Not great for your gut long term"

Jrpuk (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

Advil (ibuprofen) for Back Pain: "Awful, to say the least. Don't even consider this if you have anything more than a headache, and even that won't be tolerable after taking a few of these."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I had an allergic reaction to naproxen so I started taking Motrin and It was very effective. I have been in remission for about 18 years now."

Mrorae November 16, 2015

For Patent Ductus Arteriosus: "This helped with my shoulder pain."

gfl October 17, 2015

For Neck Pain: "It did not help at all and actually made my whiplash a lot more painful"

Official weirdo 101 August 27, 2015

For Headache: "Does nothing for my migraines,tylenol works much better"

be2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2015

Motrin (ibuprofen) for : "Took an 800 mg with food. Severe gas, heart burn, vomiting and diarrhea. It's been 24 hours and my stomach is still in excruciating pain. Never again"

John_tn August 11, 2015

For Headache: "didn't do much for my headaches"

be2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2015

For Pain: "This is really good"

bvr (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

Advil (ibuprofen) for Back Pain: "This works very well for me, and needless to say is readily available. The trick is knowing when to take one or when to take two."

Marcus99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2015

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Great for short time use"

lucky best pain and anti flam a tory relief (taken for 10 years or more) December 2, 2014

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Headache: "I was in the hospital and the nurse gave me this medication and it woked really good I have used day quill ibuprofen and many more medication and Motrin worked the best"

rocky_&_me November 21, 2014

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: "I recently got braces, the pain quickly started and lasted long. Luckily, I took Advil and the pain has subsided."

Random Human (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2014

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "I suffer with endometriosis. Due to this the pain is brutal. I have tried most everything under the sun for relief. I highly recommend ADVIL LIQ-GELS, for fast relief with little stomach upset."

FeFe77 August 17, 2014

For Pain: "Ibuprofen was my default pain relief early in my experience with Ankylosing Spondylitis. It reduced inflammation and made the pain, discomfort and stiffness more manageable. I did experience some side effects (constipation, followed by diarrhea due to the blockage, stomach pains etc., but the pain management helped to make it bearable. I managed on it for over 10 years before my fusion made the pain worse."

efan78 (taken for 10 years or more) May 1, 2014