User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, Advil, Advil Children's, Advil Film-Coated, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Cap-Profen, Children's ElixSure IB, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Genpril, Haltran, Help I Have An Aching Body, IBU, IBU-200, Ibu-4, Ibu-6, Ibu-8, Ibu-Tab, Ibuprofen PMR, Menadol, Midol IB, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Motrin, Motrin Childrens, Motrin IB, Motrin Infant Drops, Motrin Junior Strength, Motrin Migraine Pain, Motrin Pediatric, NeoProfen, Nuprin, PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Proprinal, Q-Profen, Rufen, Saleto-200, Saleto-400, Saleto-600, Saleto-800 …show all brand names

Fever

Plantar FasciitisNot rated - Be the first1 review 28 medications
RadiculopathyNot rated - Be the first1 review 0 medications
Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 7.4 122 reviews

Reviews for Ibuprofen

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Advil works extremely well for toothache. I was taking prescription Ibuprofen 600 and they don't work as well or as fast as original advil in my opinion. Starts to work 15-30 mins after taking 3 for me. This is an infected tooth that needed a root canal or is going to eventually be pulled. I keep advil in my purse and will discontinue use after I have the procedure. Very pleased at how it stops extreme pain. A godsend!"

Pea (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Pain: "I have osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and tinnitus. The ibuprofen helped with the pain initially, but it increased the tinnitus over time. It was great short-term, but not good long-term. If you have tinnitus (ringing of the ears), I would suggest not taking it or other NSAIDS."

UUMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Gout, Acute: "Ibuprofen has been my first line of treatment for gout attacks for 30 years and always works quick and fast. If I take Ibuprofen during the week for normal aches and pains it also seems to prevents attacks. Every time a doctor has instructed to me stop taking ibuprofen before or after a procedure I wind up having a gout attack. If I can't take the ibuprofen or any other NSAID then I have used Colchicine, it works but I get serious nausea and diarrhea after one day. I get quick and complete relief from methylprednisolone steroid pack."

Bill in Texzas (taken for 10 years or more) June 29, 2018

For Back Pain: "This made my stomach hurt bad"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Headache: "I’ve always turned to ibuprofen when I have headaches. It tends to help me by removing the headache in the first place. I recommend you buy the Walmart brand (Equate) because it’s a good generic brand and it works really well."

Ivanisgreat (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I’ve tried multiple medications yet the only two that ever help is Ibuprofin and Cortizone injections. All I need to take is 200-400mg ibuprofin per day."

Danielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Toothache: "I dont know why the rating for this medication is so low , unless it is because people just haven't tried it in which case I would highly recommend doing so. These are my go-to , the liquid medicine means it works faster and though you can't cure tooth pain fast enough , I can always count on these taking the edge off ..I don't bother taking anything else !"

shannon (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Tried using Advil pm due to fibromyalgia pain and wasn't able to sleep. However I probably would have slept better if I didn't take anything because not only did it not help me sleep it failed to take any of the slightest pain away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "I gave it 5 stars only because it really did help me with my pain from pleurisy. I take one 800mg tablet every 6 hours when it flares up. But with long term usage (sometimes my flare ups last two weeks) I have noticed that I have felt extreme depression. Almost to the point where I see no reason to continue on. I didn't realize it was the medicine until someone else shared their story of ibuprofen with me. It had also made them depressed. So I immediately stopped taking it and within a few days was back to my old self. So moral of the story is that if you need to take ibuprofen please make sure you are doing it under a doctors supervision. Depression is not fun especially when you are in pain."

Ibuprofen caused Depression (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Pain: "It is like baby aspirin for extreme pain. It doesn't touch bursitus or torn muscle. Take about an hour to even feel a little relief."

Carollwright15 January 30, 2018

For Sciatica: "I have been taking ibuprofen and gabapentin for two months. I have decided to take just ibuprofen because of the side effects of gabapentin, but I am leary of the reports of heart attacks from ibuprofen. Anyone with information on this?"

patcee14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2018

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "Works within half hour but wears off within 4."

Jay0987 January 22, 2018

For Headache: "I get varying types of headaches; migraine, stress, tension, sinus. Ibuprofen works most of the time but tends to take a while to work. And if taken on an empty stomach, will make you nauseous. I recommend using the gel-caps, as they seem to be softer on the stomach."

Joe F January 18, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "I used to take Advil for headaches years ago. I must have taken a lot of it, because I had many headaches. It worked great at the time. Now I have micro colitis which can be caused from taking to much of this NSAIDS. I really wish Google was around back in the day when I was popping all those Advil! I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now with my stomach problems!"

Darchick (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2017

For Frozen Shoulder: "I've found that taking ibuprofen (200 mg) several times daily reduces the shoulder and upper arm pain (both shoulders) and permits more flexibility. The length of time that its effect lasts is perhaps five or six hours at most...not quite long enough to get a full night's comfortable sleep."

Grampus (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2017

For Toothache: "Had it recommended by the chemist rather than codeine I didn't think anything worked for a toothache but ibuprofen worked for me 2 tabs for start then 1 when it wares off about 6 hours, while waiting for the dentist appointment."

hazchem November 14, 2017

IBU (ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I only take when needed but helps the pain alot."

Bren229 (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2017

Advil (ibuprofen) for Back Pain: "I bought the New Advil minis and they stink, They did nothing for my back pain as the originals did. I took 2 gels at once and they usually work right away, but these minis did nothing. I don't believe there is 200mg in each one as they say. Why change something that works, they lost my business..I hope others test it and let everyone know if they worked for them."

Roeb (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

For Period Pain: "I've had bad period cramps since I started menstruating. I used ibuprofen but 400 mg every four to six hours was not enough; I was afraid to take more until I read the prescription dosage for arthritis was as high as 3200 mg per day. I bumped my dosage up to 600 mg per dose and that made a huge difference. I recommend talking to a doctor or pharmacist about how much to take if the typical dose isn't working for you."

Pam9 July 25, 2017

For Back Pain: "Seriously worked better than the Percoset given to me at the hospital. I hurt my back but needed to go to work and couldn't be loopy. Lasts about 6 hrs then pain started to kick in again.. then took the OxyContin and broke out in hot sweats and nesusea... other one was way better"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

For Toothache: "This drug works wonders. I got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted two days ago and on the first night I had no pain but the second night at around 4:00 am I started getting the worst pain I've ever felt that kept me from sleeping. The first thing I thought of was ibuprofen. I quickly went downstairs to get some. I'm 5'3" and 120 lbs, I took four 200 mg pills as prescribed. It took less than 30 mins to kick in and once it did I felt no pain at all and fell asleep perfectly fine and comfortable. Thankyou very much Stewart Adams for inventing this drug. It's simple but miraculous. Sincerely, Sarah Craig"

Sarah Craig (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

For Sciatica: "Extra strength (400 mg) liqui-gels are the only thing that seems to help with my sciatica. They do more than the Lyrica, delayed release naproxen, Tylenol 2's, and Extra Strength Tylenols combined. I take a high dose but do not want to take narcotics and I have to be able to leave a half-way normal life."

PMcFee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

For Sciatica: "I have been an avid user of ibuprofen until this month 6/2017. It worked wonders for my sciatic nerve pain until it stopped working and seemed to make my pain worse. I found out I had an extreme vitamin D deficiency of 9 (normal range 30-100). I started reading about the side effects and found I had several of them to include elevated liver enzymes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure. The ibuprofen that I thought was helping actually depleted my vitamin D which is in a case study for my age group 47 and long term use of anti inflammatorys is been known to deplete vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency can be cause by long term use of ibuprofen and can cause muscle and bone pain."

LowD (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 16, 2017

For Neck Pain: "good for me"

droobyb (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Within 10-15 min pain is gone. I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines my whole life.......it's my life saver. It's my best friend"

CrazyLibraLuv (taken for 10 years or more) May 20, 2017