User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, Advil, Advil Children's, Advil Film-Coated, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Cap-Profen, Children's ElixSure IB, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, ...show all 46 brand names

Learn more about Ibuprofen.

Fever 4 reviews 356 medications

Spondylolisthesis 1 reviews 50 medications

Neck Pain 2 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 106 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ibuprofen

IBU (ibuprofen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I only take when needed but helps the pain alot."

Bren229 (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Advil (ibuprofen) for Back Pain: "I bought the New Advil minis and they stink, They did nothing for my back pain as the originals did. I took 2 gels at once and they usually work right away, but these minis did nothing. I don't believe there is 200mg in each one as they say. Why change something that works, they lost my business..I hope others test it and let everyone know if they worked for them."

Roeb (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "I've had bad period cramps since I started menstruating. I used ibuprofen but 400 mg every four to six hours was not enough; I was afraid to take more until I read the prescription dosage for arthritis was as high as 3200 mg per day. I bumped my dosage up to 600 mg per dose and that made a huge difference. I recommend talking to a doctor or pharmacist about how much to take if the typical dose isn't working for you."

Pam9 July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "Seriously worked better than the Percoset given to me at the hospital. I hurt my back but needed to go to work and couldn't be loopy. Lasts about 6 hrs then pain started to kick in again.. then took the OxyContin and broke out in hot sweats and nesusea... other one was way better"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Toothache: "This drug works wonders. I got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted two days ago and on the first night I had no pain but the second night at around 4:00 am I started getting the worst pain I've ever felt that kept me from sleeping. The first thing I thought of was ibuprofen. I quickly went downstairs to get some. I'm 5'3" and 120 lbs, I took four 200 mg pills as prescribed. It took less than 30 mins to kick in and once it did I felt no pain at all and fell asleep perfectly fine and comfortable. Thankyou very much Stewart Adams for inventing this drug. It's simple but miraculous. Sincerely, Sarah Craig"

Sarah Craig (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica: "Extra strength (400 mg) liqui-gels are the only thing that seems to help with my sciatica. They do more than the Lyrica, delayed release naproxen, Tylenol 2's, and Extra Strength Tylenols combined. I take a high dose but do not want to take narcotics and I have to be able to leave a half-way normal life."

PMcFee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica: "I have been an avid user of ibuprofen until this month 6/2017. It worked wonders for my sciatic nerve pain until it stopped working and seemed to make my pain worse. I found out I had an extreme vitamin D deficiency of 9 (normal range 30-100). I started reading about the side effects and found I had several of them to include elevated liver enzymes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure. The ibuprofen that I thought was helping actually depleted my vitamin D which is in a case study for my age group 47 and long term use of anti inflammatorys is been known to deplete vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency can be cause by long term use of ibuprofen and can cause muscle and bone pain."

LowD (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neck Pain: "good for me"

droobyb (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Motrin (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Within 10-15 min pain is gone. I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines my whole life.......it's my life saver. It's my best friend"

CrazyLibraLuv (taken for 10 years or more) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Headache: "Works better than Tylenol or Aspirin for pain and headache. If I take 800mg within 30mins of the start of a headache, it'll almost always stops it."

Eye _ Doc April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I took 400 mg every 6 to 8 hours ibuprofen in the hospital for chest pain caused by radiation for breast cancer. Since coming home from the hospital after four days, I am now reducing to one 200 mg tablet every 6 to 8 hours. Will taper off in the next couple of days. It has really worked wonders for the terrible pain in my chest."

Senior Curly Top April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plantar Fasciitis: "Good"

Anonymous March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Radiculopathy: "Neurontin 800 mg 3 x a day. Helps me with Aleve. I could not walk, now I can with cane.plus a muscle relaxer 2x a day. Thanks"

Jimany Cricket March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica: "I have severe sciatica that is absolutely devastating to my lifestyle. I drive a lot and the pain is excruciating. 800mg of Ibuprofen provides relief in about an hour to an hour and a half and from a dose to pain returning is about 3 to 3 and a half hours. It's not much, but it's the only think giving me a respite from what is otherwise excruciating pain. I'm starting to get routine heartburn for the first time in years after taking this routinely for three months. Starting to worry about the stomach side effects. Can also be hard on the kidneys."

JanieRock February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "Poor! Obviously a male must've been the person the person behind the making of these tablets because they are poor! Too mild. When a woman takes painkillers for menstrual pains, it means they don't want to feel anything! But these tabs don't eradicate the pain like other regular pains do. In face, nurofen plus is far much better than the one for menstrual pains. I just think this was another way to expand their product line in the market to increase their customer base and profits! Nurofen guys, relook at it please!"

Khemi January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "Always take this pain pills is the ONLY ONE works for me and I visited to many doctors office and change medication but always back to advil because is more safe to take this compare to the doctor prescription."

JB 2019 December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "Have taken this tablet on 2 different occasions. Both times does not work for periods. I have horrible pains and i feel that this tablet does nothing at all. Id recommend something stronger for those who dont get mild cramps."

Kahli (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "Advil is my pain reliever of choice, and I take it occasionally to relieve severe headaches; however, it is not without its (many) faults. For starters, it often takes as long as 2 hours to start acting. Also, it is VERY hard on my stomach—taking even the smallest recommended dose makes me feel queasy and nauseous. I actually prefer the children's Advil, as it has a similar pain-relieving effect without as much stomach pain. Overall, Advil is a worthwhile pain medication, but I would recommend using it sparingly."

pseudonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "Wow. Started to get some major symptoms of TMJ this morning. I've never had to deal with it until today. The ibuprofen (Advil) did an amazing job at reducing the pain and discomfort. Granted, any medication that deals with TMJ helps temporarily and the root cause will need to be addressed. I believe that since my night guard got bent slightly and that I grind my teeth, the possible change in bite with the night-guard and overall grinding contributed. Having the dentist readjust my mouth guard should help do the job. A warm compress also helped me as well."

thebrogo September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Headache: "I get frequent headaches that I would describe as a painful tightening of the muscles in the back of my neck on the sides of the spine, right at the bottom of the skull. It's usually centered there but the pain can radiate to the top of my head If I take Ibuprofen early enough I can take 3 pills (600mg) but if it's a full blown headache I have to take 4 or 5 depending on the severity. If I swallow the pills whole it can take as long as 45 minutes to work. But pro-tip: you can chew them (unless it is the slow release form). They don't taste bad and they will work a little faster. Great medication. I don't know what I'd do without it. Came here to learn the maximum dose per day. Have not noticed any bad side effects."

Neck Pain Again (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Currently experiencing torn cartilage in my jaw after having my bottom impacted wisdom teeth pulled. The on call surgeon suggested these as well as the leftover oxycodine from my surgery. The tear happened about 8:35 this evening. Since then I've taken 3 oxycodine and 4 ibuprofen 800mg and nothing is taking away the pain. They did the job for the pain after surgery. But unfortunately nothing is doing it now."

Kmdool August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Didn't work for me. Made my stomach and head hurt. I was taking it for an ovarian cyst. I had to stick with Tylenol 3 instead."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Pain: "Excellent anti-inflammatory/NSAID. Worked well on a sprained big toe that caused swelling in that area. It works better than the store brand generic. I know people claim they are the same, but I can tell the difference."

NCResident (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Advil (ibuprofen) for Headache: "I have used Advil (Ibuprofen) for over a year for most headaches. It works like a charm, better than any other medicine I've tried, even ones previous doctors have recommended (my current one does recommend Advil). When I was a kid, I used the children's Advil (chewable), and it still worked great. It didn't taste like grease, unlike most other children's medicine I had. Now as an adult, I still love it. I've never experienced any side effects, nor have I ever had any negative reactions to it. It starts kicking in super quickly, and the headaches don't tend to come back after I take a tablet of Advil. Overall highly recommended, not too pricey (especially for the amount of drug in each capsule and for the number of capsules in a container)."

S_KittenLover7172006 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Motrin IB (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: "I have taken midol, Advil, but none compare to Motrin IB. It worked within the first five minutes of me taking it. Great for instant relief, and last quite a while."

Kissy456 July 9, 2016