User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, Advil, Advil Children's, Advil Film-Coated, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Cap-Profen, Children's ElixSure IB, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, ...show all 46 brand names

Learn more about Ibuprofen.

Ibuprofen Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 114 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Sciatica

"I have severe sciatica that is absolutely devastating to my lifestyle. I drive a lot and the pain is excruciating. 800mg of Ibuprofen provides relief in about an hour to an hour and a half and from a dose to pain returning is about 3 to 3 and a half hours. It's not much, but it's the only think giving me a respite from what is otherwise excruciating pain. I'm starting to get routine heartburn for the first time in years after taking this routinely for three months. Starting to worry about the stomach side effects. Can also be hard on the kidneys."

JanieRock February 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"800 mg helped with my pain. It takes about an hour to work then pain is manageable. I have minimal side effects, a little headachy and slightly tired. I can take this and get relief without feeling drugged."

Suzyqszoo (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would suggest taking Naproxen rather than Ibuprofen for this. 500 mg of Naproxen works. I have tried both and Naproxen is superior. Ibuprofen does nothing for me."

Anonymous May 27, 2012

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Advil (ibuprofen): "Taking up to 800mg Ibuprofen for persistent sciatica. It is more effective than Tylenol with codeine which didn't help - relief lasting about 1 hour. "

Davee3 October 13, 2009

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 35 year old male with moderate to severe sciatica (pain from buttock to ankle) due to bulging disc L5 - S1. I found taking a 400mg dose gave significant but not total relief for about 2 to 3 hours. The effect was greater if the pain was not too severe, the best results came from taking ibuprofen before the pain got severe. I also found that taking Ibuprofen without food made it work faster but I suffered moderate diarrhea as a consequence."

Mark P M August 16, 2009