User Reviews for Ibuprofen (Page 4)

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Children's, Addaprin, Motrin Childrens, Nuprin, Children's Motrin, Proprinal, Advil Migraine, Midol IB, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Caldolor, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Film-Coated, Genpril, IBU-200, A-G Profen, Advil Junior Strength, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula Actiprofen Motrin Migraine Pain PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength Motrin Infant Drops NeoProfen Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric …show all brand names

Ibuprofen has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 192 ratings on Drugs.com. 64% of those users who reviewed Ibuprofen reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Plantar Fasciitis
Summary of Ibuprofen reviews 7.4 192 reviews

Reviews for Ibuprofen

Nitzan · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2018

For Period Pain: “For my period I’m taking usually between 400-500 mg of ibuprofen and it usually helps. I take it after I eat. Works between 15-30 minutes and stays for 6-8 hours. Highly recommend. Also found in liquid medicine if (like me) you can’t take pills. I am highly overweight and 500mg is usually enough . Not recommended taking more than 1800mg if I remember correctly a day.”

UUMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2018

For Pain: “I have osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and tinnitus. The ibuprofen helped with the pain initially, but it increased the tinnitus over time. It was great short-term, but not good long-term. If you have tinnitus (ringing of the ears), I would suggest not taking it or other NSAIDS.”

AlfonsoG June 16, 2010

For Pain: “This is my choice medication. I have a lot of joint pain which I deal with without any drugs, but when it gets too bad ibuprofen works well and works fast, and lets just say when I injured my back it was a life saver. I just recently got burned on my leg (at a Spa, not very relaxing). I've had minor swelling and ibuprofen has reduced the swelling and pain. Would not recommend taking it on an empty stomach. If you're healthy enough to take it I would definitely recommend it.”

Joe F January 18, 2018

For Headache: “I get varying types of headaches; migraine, stress, tension, sinus. Ibuprofen works most of the time but tends to take a while to work. And if taken on an empty stomach, will make you nauseous. I recommend using the gel-caps, as they seem to be softer on the stomach.”

Sarah Bar · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2013

For Pain: “Been having costochondritis and the pain and swelling were increasing. After taking ibuprofen pain has decreased but noticed that my appetite has drastically changed, I'm craving everything i see and that made me gain weight. Which is weird for me because i have always been fit. Going to start taking ibuprofen right before i go to sleep to see how it works out.”

Trs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 17, 2019

Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: “I've had dehabilitating period pain since I started my periods at 11 years old. I get weak and have painful cramps, can't function. Feels like having a miscarriage every time. Taking 800mg ibuprofen doesn't touch my pain. Midol is the only thing that helps. Until I was recently put on the generic form of mobic. This has been a high relief for me. I started at 11 years old, and am 43 now. I don't like taking it everyday, but it was prescribed for arthritis and has been a life saver!!!”

Ali · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 29, 2018

For Headache: “I am working in hospital and suddenly I had a headache and felt heavy at the same time. So went to the pharmacy ask me to give me a tablet to relief headache and heaviness this was what they gave me and it was great”

Anonymous July 10, 2009

For Pain: “I was prescribed 800mg Ibuprofen and Vicodin when I had foot surgery. The 800mg ibuprofen did nothing for the pain in my foot but it worked wonders for my menstrual cramps. Vicodin was the only thing that helped during my surgery.”

Shanta · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

Ibu-Tab (ibuprofen) for Period Pain: “This is my first time in a while taking this. I usually stick to naproxens but I wanted to go a diff route. So far so good I'm having slight pain but not as bad as before. Fingers, eyes, legs, arms toes are all crossed . .hoping this works thru out my day :*)”

mainemtbiker July 29, 2010

For Pain: “800 mg 3 times per day has completely controlled all pain (for two days so far) associated with a mild to strong case of neuralgia affecting the skin on my lower abdomen in the area of my belly-button about the size of my open hand. It has completely removed all of the "sun-burn sensation". I will be dropping the dose to 600mg at the next (6th) time the I will take it. I'm wondering if I need any more at all.”

Neck Pain Again · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2016

For Headache: “I get frequent headaches that I would describe as a painful tightening of the muscles in the back of my neck on the sides of the spine, right at the bottom of the skull. It's usually centered there but the pain can radiate to the top of my head If I take Ibuprofen early enough I can take 3 pills (600mg) but if it's a full blown headache I have to take 4 or 5 depending on the severity. If I swallow the pills whole it can take as long as 45 minutes to work. But pro-tip: you can chew them (unless it is the slow release form). They don't taste bad and they will work a little faster. Great medication. I don't know what I'd do without it. Came here to learn the maximum dose per day. Have not noticed any bad side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2017

For Back Pain: “Seriously worked better than the Percoset given to me at the hospital. I hurt my back but needed to go to work and couldn't be loopy. Lasts about 6 hrs then pain started to kick in again.. then took the OxyContin and broke out in hot sweats and nesusea... other one was way better”

Kmdool August 17, 2016

For Pain: “Currently experiencing torn cartilage in my jaw after having my bottom impacted wisdom teeth pulled. The on call surgeon suggested these as well as the leftover oxycodine from my surgery. The tear happened about 8:35 this evening. Since then I've taken 3 oxycodine and 4 ibuprofen 800mg and nothing is taking away the pain. They did the job for the pain after surgery. But unfortunately nothing is doing it now.”

riririn · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2012

Advil (ibuprofen): “My tonsils have been hurting very badly the whole day that I felt like crying. 10 minutes after taking Advil, I felt such a relief. More than half of the pain was gone and I was able to take my final exams for school without any pain. Thank you so much Advil!”

Elisha L · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2013

Children's Motrin (ibuprofen) for Fever: “I purchased this medicine for my little girl because it was doctor recommended. It was a need base purchase to reduce her fever and some of the discomfort that she was having. They stated that it would be the best in reducing her fever. I purchased the medicine and shortly after her fever was gone and she was resting. She slept well through the night. Children%u2019s Motrin is a name that I trust. Therefore, I was not hesitant at all when my doctor recommended that I purchase this product. I have also used other fever reducer products for my little one, such as Tylenol and it did not reduce her fever at all, so Motrin was the choice brand. Motrin allowed her to sleep through the night and she did not spike a fever the next day. Motrin did the job.”

TittyPuff January 17, 2011

For Headache: “Had bought 200mg Ibuprofen over the counter today at the pharmacy while receiving my medications. Never did think too much of Tylenol and always did hear the horror stories of Tylenol and liver failure growing up, so as I've become an adult I've weaned towards Ibuprofen. I had a killer headache and took only one 200mg Ibuprofen. Great relief; my headache is long gone. ”

Suzie October 20, 2019

For Pain: “My lower spine was injured in a car accident. The L-3 was crushed, resulting in paralysis in one leg. I also developed Crohn’s disease. After using ibuprofen for months, I developed symptoms of stomach ulcers so I stopped taking it, and within a day the feelings of being either hot or cold completely disappeared. I can now sleep thru the night without waking up hot and sweaty. I would also experience episodes of feeling extremely cold, oftentimes soon after feeling extremely hot. I would put on extra clothing, go to bed with extra blankets until I finally warmed up. These two symptoms went on for months, but has now completely stopped, shortly after stopping the Ibuprophen.”

shanika88 · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2019

For Pain: “I am pretty big ibuprofen taker and never had problems with ibuprofen ever. I tried major brand after PA prescribed three 200mg every 6 hours. the pharmacy gave me this brand, and upon taking first dose found I felt extremely horrible and was having a severe strokish allergic reaction. Most horrible experience truly.”

dlc · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen) for Sciatica: “This is my first experience with sciatica...but its been 3 months. I am now taking Advil 2 capsules in the morning and 1 at night. I would like to stop but it helps too much.”

Syl711 · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen) for Sciatica: “Taking Advil 800 mgs 3 times a day and it’s passable. For me it’s about staying ahead of the pain.”

Davee3 October 13, 2009

Advil (ibuprofen) for Sciatica: “Taking up to 800mg Ibuprofen for persistent sciatica. It is more effective than Tylenol with codeine which didn't help - relief lasting about 1 hour. ”

Richard A · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2021

Advil (ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: “Doesn’t even touch the pain.”

Katt · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2020

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen) for Toothache: “I took Advil and its the only pain med I am able too. So I'm in in between a rock and a hard place. Because I know why my tooth hurts its swollen I got major gum issues”

That person · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2021

Advil (ibuprofen) for Pain: “I was on it for about a week taking it once daily for tendonitis. Started getting migraines after several days and ultimately ended up in the emergency room with AFib. Would not recommend.”

Danielle · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I’ve tried multiple medications yet the only two that ever help is Ibuprofin and Cortizone injections. All I need to take is 200-400mg ibuprofin per day.”