User Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Pain

Also known as: Motrin, Advil, Advil Liqui-Gels, Addaprin, Motrin IB, Motrin Childrens, Caldolor, Proprinal, Genpril, Children's Motrin, IBU-200, Midol IB, A-G Profen, Advil Children's, Nuprin, Advil Junior Strength, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Actiprofen, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Motrin Migraine Pain, Advil Migraine PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength Motrin Infant Drops NeoProfen Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric Advil Film-Coated …show all brand names

Ibuprofen Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1454 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ibuprofen

Sandy May 2, 2020

“Motrin 800mg saved me daily from excruciating pain associated with Shingles.”

Dylpickle · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “Well I stabbed myself in the hand with a large knife on accident and the only thing that is keeping it from hurting after getting stitches is Advil. Actually helping quite a bit”

Anonymous April 5, 2020

Children's Motrin (ibuprofen): “I was taking ibuprofen for my pain and then realized it was making it worse. I stopped and the pain has gone away.”

Suzie October 20, 2019

“My lower spine was injured in a car accident. The L-3 was crushed, resulting in paralysis in one leg. I also developed Crohn’s disease. After using ibuprofen for months, I developed symptoms of stomach ulcers so I stopped taking it, and within a day the feelings of being either hot or cold completely disappeared. I can now sleep thru the night without waking up hot and sweaty. I would also experience episodes of feeling extremely cold, oftentimes soon after feeling extremely hot. I would put on extra clothing, go to bed with extra blankets until I finally warmed up. These two symptoms went on for months, but has now completely stopped, shortly after stopping the Ibuprophen.”

Will · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2019

Motrin (ibuprofen): “Ring finger was pulsing with pain it worked in about 20 min I have to go back to get a x ray but working good my pain was originally at an 8 and I'm at a 2 now”

shanika88 · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2019

“I am pretty big ibuprofen taker and never had problems with ibuprofen ever. I tried major brand after PA prescribed three 200mg every 6 hours. the pharmacy gave me this brand, and upon taking first dose found I felt extremely horrible and was having a severe strokish allergic reaction. Most horrible experience truly.”

OriginalLHB · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2019

“I was taken kicking and screaming off of Norco 10/325 x 6 daily and put on buprenorphine 2 mgs. twice a daily and ibufrofen (Advil) 200 mgs. as needed. I did not realize the side effects from the Norco were so bad until I stopped it (severe itching, severe intestinal cramping, constant watching the clock waiting until my next dose). I have lumbar stenosis and severe pain in my left foot. The buprenorphine keeps it down to a level 3-5 most of the time and when it gets bad just one 200 mg OTC Advil knocks it back to 1-3. I have yet to experience stomach upset at this low dose. I wouldn't have believed it if you told me either. Incredibly effective for an OTC pain reliever.”

Bon · Taken for 10 years or more October 18, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “I've been taking Advil liquid gel caps for years for the relief of migraines. The last couple of years I've been developing itching scalp that followed with swollen eyes, lips and tongue. I thought at first it was something I was eating or coming in contact with. I never suspected it to be my Advils since I've been taking them for years and these reactions kind of new. I've been paying close attention to what I do and eat and I found that it was most definitely the Advils that were causing these side effects which often sent me to the emergency when my tongue would swell. I just wanted to share this experience cause it took me 2yrs to figure the cause of my itchy scalp, swollen eyes, lips and tongue that would last for two days for swelling to reduce.”

Annie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2018

“Please note that gastric bypass patients must stop all use of Ibuprofen and Aleve forever as they are harmful to your pouch and create ulcers. I just was hospitalized for my Ibuprofen use as it caused a hole in my pouch.”

Pea · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen): “Advil works extremely well for toothache. I was taking prescription Ibuprofen 600 and they don't work as well or as fast as original advil in my opinion. Starts to work 15-30 mins after taking 3 for me. This is an infected tooth that needed a root canal or is going to eventually be pulled. I keep advil in my purse and will discontinue use after I have the procedure. Very pleased at how it stops extreme pain. A godsend!”

UUMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2018

“I have osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and tinnitus. The ibuprofen helped with the pain initially, but it increased the tinnitus over time. It was great short-term, but not good long-term. If you have tinnitus (ringing of the ears), I would suggest not taking it or other NSAIDS.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2018

Advil (ibuprofen): “Tried using Advil pm due to fibromyalgia pain and wasn't able to sleep. However I probably would have slept better if I didn't take anything because not only did it not help me sleep it failed to take any of the slightest pain away”

Carollwright15 January 30, 2018

“It is like baby aspirin for extreme pain. It doesn't touch bursitus or torn muscle. Take about an hour to even feel a little relief.”

CrazyLibraLuv · Taken for 10 years or more May 20, 2017

Motrin (ibuprofen): “Within 10-15 min pain is gone. I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines my whole life.......it's my life saver. It's my best friend”

Senior Curly Top April 15, 2017

“I took 400 mg every 6 to 8 hours ibuprofen in the hospital for chest pain caused by radiation for breast cancer. Since coming home from the hospital after four days, I am now reducing to one 200 mg tablet every 6 to 8 hours. Will taper off in the next couple of days. It has really worked wonders for the terrible pain in my chest.”

Kmdool August 17, 2016

“Currently experiencing torn cartilage in my jaw after having my bottom impacted wisdom teeth pulled. The on call surgeon suggested these as well as the leftover oxycodine from my surgery. The tear happened about 8:35 this evening. Since then I've taken 3 oxycodine and 4 ibuprofen 800mg and nothing is taking away the pain. They did the job for the pain after surgery. But unfortunately nothing is doing it now.”

NCResident · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2016

Motrin IB (ibuprofen): “Excellent anti-inflammatory/NSAID. Worked well on a sprained big toe that caused swelling in that area. It works better than the store brand generic. I know people claim they are the same, but I can tell the difference.”

Spe77 · Taken for 10 years or more June 18, 2016

“The best pain reliever choice for me!”

Steppney February 23, 2016

“I took 600 MG of this medication for a mild to moderate knee sprain, and it made it tolerable to bear weight. It reduces inflammation, which is good for minor injuries. I would highly recommend this for short term use, as it's over the counter and not sedating. It works pretty fast, too.”

bvr · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2015

“This is really good”

lucky best pain and anti flam a tory relief · Taken for 10 years or more December 2, 2014

Motrin (ibuprofen): “Great for short time use”

Random Human · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2014

Advil (ibuprofen): “I recently got braces, the pain quickly started and lasted long. Luckily, I took Advil and the pain has subsided.”

efan78 · Taken for 10 years or more May 1, 2014

“Ibuprofen was my default pain relief early in my experience with Ankylosing Spondylitis. It reduced inflammation and made the pain, discomfort and stiffness more manageable. I did experience some side effects (constipation, followed by diarrhea due to the blockage, stomach pains etc., but the pain management helped to make it bearable. I managed on it for over 10 years before my fusion made the pain worse.”

Sarah Bar · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2013

“Been having costochondritis and the pain and swelling were increasing. After taking ibuprofen pain has decreased but noticed that my appetite has drastically changed, I'm craving everything i see and that made me gain weight. Which is weird for me because i have always been fit. Going to start taking ibuprofen right before i go to sleep to see how it works out.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 16, 2013

“I take 1 200mg ibuprofen before bedtime. It helps me sleep and I don't wake up with any stiffness in the morning or during the next day. It lasts for 24hrs.”