User Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Pain (Page 2)

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, Advil Liqui-Gels, Caldolor, Motrin IB, Advil Migraine, Proprinal, Children's Motrin, Genpril, IBU-200, Midol IB, A-G Profen, Advil Children's, Motrin Childrens, Nuprin, Advil Junior Strength, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Actiprofen, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Motrin Migraine Pain, Addaprin PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength Motrin Infant Drops NeoProfen Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric Advil Film-Coated …show all brand names

Ibuprofen Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ibuprofen

jim074 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2012

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “Didn't help much.”

When Dee April 2, 2012

Advil (ibuprofen): “I've been taking Advil (Ibuprofen) since 1999 for headaches and body pains. I sometimes take this with the prescription medication Maxalt (which treats migraines) I've have REALLY bad headaches and migraines since I was in grade school and took Tylenol until when into my late 20's. I then started taking the regular 2 tablet dose, 400 mg. I HAVE on occasion upped the dosage (not on doctors instruction) to 600mg if the 400mg dosage isn't effective and the pain doesn't not subside within 30-45 minutes.”

doufus November 28, 2011

“It's good.”

Anonymous September 14, 2011

“Works okay but causes upset stomach.”

jacscorp226 August 21, 2011

“Ibuprofen 600/ or 800 is a great pain reliever. Although I've taken many pain medicines over the years, ibuprofen I find to be just as effective as the strong control substances. It's a good anti-inflammatory too. Works great for severe menstrual cramps and tooth pain as well.”

Mzking May 3, 2011

“I was prescribed this medicine for a tooth infection and had serious bad pain. Took one 600mg and I was all good except sleepy. ”

mainemtbiker July 29, 2010

“800 mg 3 times per day has completely controlled all pain (for two days so far) associated with a mild to strong case of neuralgia affecting the skin on my lower abdomen in the area of my belly-button about the size of my open hand. It has completely removed all of the "sun-burn sensation". I will be dropping the dose to 600mg at the next (6th) time the I will take it. I'm wondering if I need any more at all.”

AlfonsoG June 16, 2010

“This is my choice medication. I have a lot of joint pain which I deal with without any drugs, but when it gets too bad ibuprofen works well and works fast, and lets just say when I injured my back it was a life saver. I just recently got burned on my leg (at a Spa, not very relaxing). I've had minor swelling and ibuprofen has reduced the swelling and pain. Would not recommend taking it on an empty stomach. If you're healthy enough to take it I would definitely recommend it.”

Ivan g October 17, 2009

“This medicine works super for pain if you take enough. I used it for many months for back pain due to disc protrusion. Chronic use gave me stomach problems. I used too much and my doctor claimed I was passing blood so I use it sparingly now, if the Tylenol based medicines do not work well enough. It helps mild headache to where Tylenol does nothing. When you start having heartburn or loose bowel movements stop taking Ibuprofen and use something else tell your doctor or you will hurt yourself seriously. Over the counter does not mean safe to use as you wish.”

Anonymous October 4, 2009

“Tried everything to help with toothache over the weekend. Had to ring NHS Direct Dental and they suggested trying Ibuprofen. Thank God they did !!! Within half hour was able to function again without the pain. Would recommend to anyone suffering toothache.”

Murf September 26, 2009

“I have used this drug for 20 yrs. Cannot take other Nsaids because they cause stomach pain. But for some reason ibuprofen I can take with no problem at all. And it works on all my joint pain.”

Anonymous July 10, 2009

“I was prescribed 800mg Ibuprofen and Vicodin when I had foot surgery. The 800mg ibuprofen did nothing for the pain in my foot but it worked wonders for my menstrual cramps. Vicodin was the only thing that helped during my surgery.”

Dunn May 10, 2009

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “I was suffering from severe body pain, muscle ache due to severe exhaustion after a tiring day at work. Came home, had some dinner and took one Advil-liquid gel (with food works best for me), and when I wake up in the morning, it's almost like what was I complaining about? I was back at the gym working out.”

Anonymous April 28, 2009

Motrin IB (ibuprofen): “It consistently provides long lasting relief for my headaches, compared with Tylenol.”

killaJ December 11, 2008

Motrin Infant Drops (ibuprofen): “It was the best.”

Anonymous October 2, 2008

Children's Motrin (ibuprofen): “I love it. It worked well for my children.”

Spankie August 5, 2008

Children's Motrin (ibuprofen): “Works better than tylenol as pain releiver. With no side effects.”

freakinnaughty May 22, 2008

Advil (ibuprofen): “I love this product! I was in severe pain until I started taking Advil. Right away I like felt the pain go away - it was like the first time I heard the Beatles. Thank you so much.”