User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Fibromyalgia 38 reviews 20 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 5 reviews 42 medications

5.8
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 306 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "having had pain meds in the hospital were awful following Hip replacement. I was given hydrocodone and they think it was the cause of my BP dropping to 60/40. To avoid those opiots they gave me flexeril and it relieved the most excruciating spasms of my entire operative leg. Not quite sure but that it also is a source of giving me hypotension. If you are going to be comfortable laying down. My recommendation is this."

DeeBear August 28, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on this medication for about 10 years, since first getting diagnosed. Initially, they wanted me to take three times/day-I was a zombie. So, the rest of the time, I just have taken to sleep. Not really effective anymore for that."

Maura Z (taken for 10 years or more) August 15, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Ineffective for deep muscle pain for my Torn rotator cuff "

LoriB31405 August 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "It knocks me out for at least 12 hours and the drowsiness lasts days. I am completely unable to function the following 2 days. It messes with my mood as well."

Cryssie83 August 5, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "It knocked me out for 12 hours. Didn't get rid of my pain. Made me feel confused and very irritable. I'm still feeling effects 5 days later (small waves of confusion/anxiety with nausea). I wouldn't recommend it. Rather have someone stand on my hurt back all day than to use this again."

Shabutie July 28, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on this medication off and on for several years and have had Fibromyalgia for over 20 years. Cyclobenzaprine along with Lyrica have allowed me to live a somewhat normal life. I get a far more restful sleep and am able to sleep through the night instead of waking every hour or so. My previous Doctor retired and it took me almost 2 years to find another . For 18 of those months I was without medications,( walk in clinics would not prescribe these medications) my quality of life diminished and I came very close to losing my job. Once I found a new Doctor and I was back on my medications, within a few weeks I was able to function again. For me Cyclobenzaprine and Lyrica have been the perfect combo to help manage my FM"

Amaryllis99 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2016

For Sciatica: "I took as dr told me and no results have I had. They didn't even take edge off so I doubled up and still nothing. And I haven't taken any pills in years since my last surgery. These are crap"

Jamie j July 18, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have tried this several times. While it works well for the muscles spasms I can't function the next day. I am very confused and looking for something to get it out of my system. I just read it can stay in your system 5 to 10 days"

Dee1956 July 14, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "I have been taking Flexeril 10mg in Combination with Celebrex 200mg. I take both PRN and they work great. I started in 2005 on both meds from a accident at work. Now I also have Fibromialgia , RA and Osteoarthritis. I continue to take flexeril at night and it works great for me. I use a heated mattress pad and flexeril to sleep comfortable and I wake up with less stiffness and not as sore."

Juiceybear (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was extremely confused on this medication , it was awful, I am glad that my doctor diagnosed me properly, as I could easily have been mistaken for dementia"

Cathemm July 1, 2016

For : "I was extremely confused on this medication , it was awful, I am glad that my doctor diagnosed me properly, as I could easily have been mistaken for dementia"

Cathemm July 1, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Tried this drug for chronic neck pain. Doctor prescribed as better than Norvo. NO WAY! Tried first one 10mg before going to bed. Got bad insomnia . Couln't sleep at all--and neck pain was WORSE. Bad night--Will try once more during day. If pain doesn't get relief I'm dropping this as worthless."

whyl June 29, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Helped. Have used off and on for a few months."

GILLOOLY June 14, 2016

Fexmid (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "This was prescribed for lower back pain. I was to take 1 before bed to help me sleep. Unfortunately, my body often reacts opposite to what is expected. It gave me insomnia. My brain refused to shut off while taking it. The doctor switched me to Soma, which works well for me."

Lwg99 June 10, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Very helpful for spasms of lower back. A little occ. dizziness the only side affect plus some drowsiness early in the course of treatment."

rubylogan56 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

For Migraine: "I was have problems with contant headaches the beginning of Febuary and now I take one at night when there really bad which isn't very often."

Abby93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Horrible muscle spasms was not able to sleep because of so much pain"

Hurtado May 16, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Very good"

cuso46 May 9, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Have had a Diabetic Frozen Shoulder/Diabetic Complication - Adhesive Capulitus for about 8 or so months. Have been on Norco 7%u2019s for a while, but Flexeril seems to work better for me right now , NOTHING helps Frozen Shoulder. %u2026 FYI, do NOT do any Physical Therapy in the initial or %u201Cpainful%u201D stage, I made that mistake and made it worse. My Orthopedic specialist even told me the same thing at our initial visit last week. Wish I would have seen him first. My GP put me in Physical Therapy and wondered why I got a lot worse. Admittedly, doctors have no idea how to treat a Frozen Shoulder, especially in Diabetics as the scar tissue is much more dense. They suggest surgery on most websites online.. on something they know nothing about? No thanks"

S. Sea May 8, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "This drug is OK for short term but long term after second car accident severe stomach pain. I would take it and stomach would start making noise. Horrible nausea follow, researched and found it is cheapest muscle relaxers. My opinion there is bad stuff in those things, currently taking Soma and no side effects even when taken for same time frame: taken longer too."

Mr2NotAtFaults (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed flexeril 10 mg twice a day as needed after experiencing lower back pain resulting from epidurals (I did not take this while I was pregnant or nursing). My discs would slip out of place and pinch the nerve(s) in my back causing me great pain. I would get adjusted to get the bone alignment right, but the swelling and pain was still there. Flexeril worked great for me. It is great to take at night; it helps you sleep. But, I have also taken it during the day if the pain was bad enough. I will drink a 5 hour energy or something equivalent to help me stay awake and function at work. I definitely wouldn't take this if I were driving. This medication in combination with an 800 mg Ibuprofen is wonderful."

Georgia's thoughts April 28, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Work pretty good speaking as my back, shoulders, & neck spasm ever since my accident. Takes most of the pain away if not all of it."

HisWorld:) (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Perfect!"

x6xSLAYERx6x (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Worthless! Dont waste your money."

Jsef April 21, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I had right shoulder ,arm, and neck pain for 2 weeks - I had taken norco at night so I could sleep but the pain was to much and I had no relief. my orthopedic doc prescribed flexerol 5 mg I took one at dinner but 3 hrs in still no relief - took a pain med (oxy) fell asleep a while later- next morning I woke up and no pain- first time in two weeks! Since the pain meds had no affect I know the flexerol did its job. I felt a little " hungover" but ok- next night I took it alone and I had no side affects the next day-"

Flowerdiva (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016