User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Muscle Spasm

"I was extremely confused on this medication , it was awful, I am glad that my doctor diagnosed me properly, as I could easily have been mistaken for dementia"

Cathemm July 1, 2016

"Tried this drug for chronic neck pain. Doctor prescribed as better than Norvo. NO WAY! Tried first one 10mg before going to bed. Got bad insomnia . Couln't sleep at all--and neck pain was WORSE. Bad night--Will try once more during day. If pain doesn't get relief I'm dropping this as worthless."

whyl June 29, 2016

"Helped. Have used off and on for a few months."

GILLOOLY June 14, 2016

Fexmid (cyclobenzaprine): "This was prescribed for lower back pain. I was to take 1 before bed to help me sleep. Unfortunately, my body often reacts opposite to what is expected. It gave me insomnia. My brain refused to shut off while taking it. The doctor switched me to Soma, which works well for me."

Lwg99 June 10, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Very helpful for spasms of lower back. A little occ. dizziness the only side affect plus some drowsiness early in the course of treatment."

rubylogan56 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

"Horrible muscle spasms was not able to sleep because of so much pain"

Hurtado May 16, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Have had a Diabetic Frozen Shoulder/Diabetic Complication - Adhesive Capulitus for about 8 or so months. Have been on Norco 7%u2019s for a while, but Flexeril seems to work better for me right now , NOTHING helps Frozen Shoulder. %u2026 FYI, do NOT do any Physical Therapy in the initial or %u201Cpainful%u201D stage, I made that mistake and made it worse. My Orthopedic specialist even told me the same thing at our initial visit last week. Wish I would have seen him first. My GP put me in Physical Therapy and wondered why I got a lot worse. Admittedly, doctors have no idea how to treat a Frozen Shoulder, especially in Diabetics as the scar tissue is much more dense. They suggest surgery on most websites online.. on something they know nothing about? No thanks"

S. Sea May 8, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "This drug is OK for short term but long term after second car accident severe stomach pain. I would take it and stomach would start making noise. Horrible nausea follow, researched and found it is cheapest muscle relaxers. My opinion there is bad stuff in those things, currently taking Soma and no side effects even when taken for same time frame: taken longer too."

Mr2NotAtFaults (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I was prescribed flexeril 10 mg twice a day as needed after experiencing lower back pain resulting from epidurals (I did not take this while I was pregnant or nursing). My discs would slip out of place and pinch the nerve(s) in my back causing me great pain. I would get adjusted to get the bone alignment right, but the swelling and pain was still there. Flexeril worked great for me. It is great to take at night; it helps you sleep. But, I have also taken it during the day if the pain was bad enough. I will drink a 5 hour energy or something equivalent to help me stay awake and function at work. I definitely wouldn't take this if I were driving. This medication in combination with an 800 mg Ibuprofen is wonderful."

Georgia's thoughts April 28, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Work pretty good speaking as my back, shoulders, & neck spasm ever since my accident. Takes most of the pain away if not all of it."

HisWorld:) (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Perfect!"

x6xSLAYERx6x (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Worthless! Dont waste your money."

Jsef April 21, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I had right shoulder ,arm, and neck pain for 2 weeks - I had taken norco at night so I could sleep but the pain was to much and I had no relief. my orthopedic doc prescribed flexerol 5 mg I took one at dinner but 3 hrs in still no relief - took a pain med (oxy) fell asleep a while later- next morning I woke up and no pain- first time in two weeks! Since the pain meds had no affect I know the flexerol did its job. I felt a little " hungover" but ok- next night I took it alone and I had no side affects the next day-"

Flowerdiva (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

"I was born with a club foot, my legs aren't the same length so I've had back pain since I can remember. I've always had a hard time when it came to bed time, my pain would be in pain that it would keep me up. My doctor gave me Xanax and perscribed pain killers. I got married was stationed somewhere else and had to get a new doctor, she said she would start me in muscle relaxer and ibuprofen. I was given cyclobenzaprine for muscle relaxer. It was such a change that I feel like it doesn't do a thing for me whatsoever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2016

"Dr. prescribed 5 mg of Flexeril for my TMJ and it worked wonders for me. It completely took the pain away and I was not drowsy, sleepy or anything like that. I don't think I've ever taken something that has actually worked for what it was prescribed for. AMEN!"

TMJ March 8, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Worthless, night sweats. No relief at all."

Kaye's February 29, 2016

"My Favorite medicine. I have tried other pain relievers, including Vicodin, but nothing takes the pain away more than Flexeril. It is never had any serious side effects for me and I have even been able to take it while at work to improve my performance when my back would flare up. Best time to take it is right before bed because it puts me right to sleep when I needed to and I wake up feeling no pain at all."

RedLee February 29, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Took two ten mg tablets then tried to sleep. Couldn't sleep because of legs and upper back spasming the same or worse and then . Fell asleep three times for thirty minutes to an hour each time only to wake up because of spasming and then discovering I had pooed myself a little each time. It gave me horrible diarrhea. I would rather be knocked out with a few firm punches to the face than to try this stuff again. I'm fairly certain it not only didn't help, but it made everything worse."

AlaskanLady February 29, 2016

"Same as so many -- didn't help the pain at all, but did make me very tired."

dhbdhb February 11, 2016

"Works wonders on a very sore back/hamstrings, no problems at all and I can deal with the side effect of drowsiness and dry mouth."

tkdgirl February 1, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I had a breast augmentation and was required to take 10mg 3x day for the first few days after surgery. Never felt any pain. On my bottle it warns of extreme drowsiness- don't know why this is such a shock to some. I ended up only taking 6 total and have some left over. It's been 3 years since my surgery but I'm so glad I have some on hand, as I threw out my shoulder. Yes, it will either knock you out, or keep you up. You'll feel hungover either way. But it does what it's supposed to do; if you're in enough pain, it's worth the relief."

Beachy9212 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

"I have back pain due to slipping on slippery ice. Doc gave me cyclobenzaprine but first I couldn't sleep and I was feeling my limbs numb and kind of cold, then I was waking up the whole night like every 2 hours, when I reached my wake up time everything has been feeling as if I'm in slow motion and it was only 1 tablet! I don't think I'll keep going with it."

Fha from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

"I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine for numbness and pain in my back, caused by a herniated t3 t4 disc. I had no relief of that pain nor the subsequent pain in the muscles that had been compensating. After two hours the medication made me so drowsy that I could close my eyes and fall asleep, and could be woken without any concept of time asleep. While awake I was completely unable to concentrate or retain information (I happened to take it while studying, unaware of the consequences). I then slept about 6 hours (3 hours after taking the medication) and then abruptly woke up. Took about an hour to return to sleep. I wouldn't recommend the drug if you are dealing with nerve pain or minor pain."

SlippedDisc (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "I had pretty significant muscle spasms in my neck after my car was rear-ended. This medicine pretty much stopped all of the pain and allowed me to sleep soundly. The only problem is that it makes me drowsy."

Mike799 December 29, 2015

"Works well but very sleepy for up to 24 hrs later perhaps it takes awhile to get use to it"

Power1on December 22, 2015