User Reviews for Methocarbamol

5.9

3 reviews
Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 6.2 202 reviews

Reviews for Methocarbamol

For Muscle Spasm: "Moderate but not as good as soma"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was taking 15mg oxycodone for about two years or a little more than that. My withdrawal (WD) I did alone. No one ever knew I was on them. It was really tough the first week. But robaxin and clonidin helped me with the WD. Doing it alone and having no one to talk to about it was difficult. I never wanted anyone to know. When I got clean I was able to tell a close friend that help me a whole lot. I've been clean for about 4 weeks. And as much as I would love to have the oxycodone I'm being good. I take BC powder when I feel aches it helps me with the WD I hope this helps at least someone."

Marcus March 3, 2018

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Prolonged virus (5+ days) caused the worst fibromyalgia flare-up I've had in 10 years. My symptoms worsened with each day that passed: deep, all-over body aches; swollen & inflamed joints; stomach pain with intestinal cramping. Not to be gross, but I had constant flatulence and loose bowel movements. I worried that taking Robaxin 500 mg with Lyrica 225 mg would be too sedating...what if there was an emergency, and I couldn't respond to save my disabled son & myself? My doctor assured me that I could react to a smoke detector or help him if he had a seizure...but not to drive. Within two hours of taking both meds, I felt the tension slowly leaving my muscles; I fell asleep & woke up to a sound outside; was able to go back to sleep quickly. Still have a dull headache and widespread pain, but no "hangover" feeling. I think Advil 400 mg can get me through my day. I hope the Robaxin will help me to get sufficient relief & sleep to return to work in two days."

IrishEyesNYC (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I don't think this stuff works at all, it just makes me feel kinda drowsy, the muscles and back / neck / shoulder still hurt, still spasm, nothing at all has changed, and if I stop taking them I start having like, blinding headaches and flashes of light in my vision, even the doc says that wouldn't happen, but it does. I have actually noticed that since I started taking this I'm having A LOT more issues with other areas of my body, like I'm having leg cramps, and my neck suddenly hurts a lot more often, also my muscles just feel weird, once I'm off this stuff I'm never using it again."

J H C F February 14, 2018

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Works for my neck and back muscle spasms, and seems to really help spasms in colon (I have microscopic colitis, which can feel like a wringer-washer inside), and maybe even helped settle down the esophagal spams. Started off with extra-strength, then as felt little better, switched to regular strength. Less side effects with lower dose. I already take a med with acetaminophen in it, so was happy to find a med that was straight robaxin, without the added acetaminophen."

Stop those spasms February 6, 2018

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I had a Boston Scientific Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted a few months ago, after failed surgical back syndrome, from surgery number 4. During my recovery I was given Robaxin 750. Though the implant was a huge success for me, the muscle spasms and skeletal pain were still there in places. The Robaxin makes my shoulders, and lower muscles feel so much better. I plan to ask my PCP to carry on with the medication. I see no problems since it's not an opioid, narcotic, or addicting. Some people it will help, and some it wont. I have had no side effects or reactions."

RayeAngela1 January 9, 2018

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "This medicine is not any good for Fibromyalga, I take 750mg 6 pills a day. I wouldn't recommend this medicine for fibromyalga....."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this medication for about 3 months now, hoping something will change and it will start to help me, but it's not. I've also been taking ibuprofen along with it. But I still have a lot of pain. My right hip is so much worse then the left. All I want is relief. Even a little bit, I would rejoice."

Dorch November 15, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I found methocarbamol to be extremely helpful dealing with severe muscle spasms. I've tried other muscle relaxants from valium, too many side effects, to flexaril, not helpful. It's reassuring to know there is something that will help the next time!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been an opiate abuser for the best part of 20 years I've got clean many times and I've relapsed many times. I'm now 42 and the withdrawal symptoms seem to get worse with age. Ok I'll get to it. I had a back injury and was prescribed Methocarbamol (my GP) He had no idea I was an addict. The day I got hold of this medication I was planning to do my detox (AGAIN) I would normally use lyrica to help with the overall hell of getting clean . So before going to find that medication on the black market I looked up this what I had been prescribed That night I took 1 750mg and 30mins later I noticed my rattling pain was greatly reduced!! Over the next 4 days I took this medication 4 times a day till I'd completed my detox it helped me very much"

Floyd rose 75 (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I started medication by PM because they no longer would prescribe soma with my other pain meds. The medication gives me heart burn immediately so I take it with tummy medication. I have severe spasms in mid back , low back , and buttocks. I going to insist with PM to try something else. The medication is a placebo to my body. I have spinal stenosis and arthritis in spine."

SG209 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Awful heartburn! Even with light food or no food. Actually I found that zanaflex works better since my PM does not prescribe soma which in my personal opinion is the best for muscle and back pain. You must take zanaflex as directed depending on if they are tablets or capsules. But Flexeril will help with sleep. Best to all who suffer daily. I hope you find a solution that works for you. So far I haven't since my PM cut out the soma."

Styx October 1, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have a pinched nerve in my back going down the front of my leg. For 2 days my back was all messed up then woke up to numbess from knee to ankle. I fell 3 times before I went to the doctors. (Local urgent care). He prescribed robaxin and a steroid pack. I do not feel any different. I'm still having muscle spasms in right thigh along with no feeling to my right shin area. I can barely walk. I didn't have any side effects at all from this medication but they didn't work either. I just want my life back"

Alynna September 21, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Didn't notice any side effects and slight reduction in back and shoulder pain."

mdwood (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Works fine for muscle spasm"

Jt602 August 22, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Very little positive effects on muscle tightness"

Ken R. August 6, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I don't have any chronic problems. Last weekend I hurt my neck when cleaning the chicken coop and I was in agony for 2 days. Could not sit or lie down without unbearable pain in my neck and left shoulder blade. Went to my chiropractor 2 days in a row. Finally saw my doctor and he gave me Robaxin. What a relief! It stops the muscle tension completely for 4-6 hours. I will use it for a few days along with resting and warm epsom salt baths to be able to continue with my daily life. No side effects for me. Only used it one day."

Urbanfarmgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "My neurologist prescribed this as relief from migraine headaches caused by muscle tension. It's wonderful!!!!! No side effects. Also reduces blood pressure from 160's down to 110's. Amazing!"

DDawg15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have used as needed for tension headaches caused by neck vertebrae, restless legs, hip pain at night from excessive walking, and lower back pain accompanied by muscle spasms. It works well for me without any apparent side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have had severe cramping like birthing labor for 7 yrears . Now after 1 week on this med...I am back to the old HAPPY me. 45 days later only side effect is I bruise easier. I am smiling sincerely. I had been take opoiods for the pain but nothing helped with INTENSE spasms until this med...(It literally SAVED my life) the spasms were unbearable..."

Redhead...62...I have I.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "There are not significant changes to the spasms when taking this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have Degenerative disc disease I've been taking Methacarbomal 750mg every 4 hours and cataflam 50mg twice a day for the last 3 days and I have not had any pain relief. This is what my doctor prescribed after I told the doctor I have taken before for the same illness with no relief."

Sapperforward (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "This med did nothing for the pain. I have a pinch nerve in my neck Give me the impression that I don't have muscle spasms. Used an anti inflammatory which did the trick."

Presbury (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have neck and upper back pain (due to body armor, ridding in a turret during improvised explosive device (IED) explosions, and a degenerative disc in my neck. The V.A. has prescribed Methocarbamol to me, these things are worthless! As I saw stated earlier in this forum......a placebo at best!"

US Army Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Some how I managed to hurt my back simply bending over. The pain on the left side of my back curls around my ribs. The pain is so bad that it knocks the wind out of me. I tried taking extra strength Robaxin last night. Nope, didn't work and I was wide awake tossing and turning all night. Don't understand how a muscle relaxer can keep you wide awake all night long?? I think I will continue with the heating pad and rest seeing that seems to give me more relief."

TStarkey May 22, 2017