User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Opiate Withdrawal 18 reviews 11 medications

6.8
Muscle Spasm 116 reviews 55 medications

6.2
Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 134 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Methocarbamol

For Muscle Spasm: "Ruptured lower disc. Been using for two days; take 500mg before going to bed. Previously could not stand or walk for more than two minutes. This has absolutely helped me walk and stand longer. No side effects. I don't like taking any drugs; so, I may try at 250mg. With my positive results and limited use so far and not being a narcotic, I'll be recommending this to my mother-in-law."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was on these medication for two weeks for bulging disc and it was a nightmare. 500 mg twice a day. After the first week that's when I notice the side effects: insomnia, body jerking, sweating and it can put out heat on ur body. Won't take this any more."

Angela - 50 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have fibromyalgia and additional pain from osteoarthritis. I work fulltime at a demanding professional job, and and taking opiates and/or muscle relaxants like cyclobenzaprine frequently is not an option - I need to be able to think. The fibro pain disappears when I take methocarbamol and it doesn't (seem to) affect my ability to think, nor does it make me sleepy. It works very well for me."

Esmerelda in the mountains (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "As a chronic pain patient I use Methocarbamal aka Robaxin to temper my tolerance to my pain medications. I find it very helpful to identify just how much pain medication I need at any one time verses how much my body is wanting because of addiction. It's been extremely helpful post surgery to get off morphine, fentynal and oxycodone."

MrBob May 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication is the worst medication I have taken. The side effects are awful and it does not help my autoimmune disease "Crohn's and spinal degeneration. Can't wait for it to get out of my system. I only wish I knew how long that would take. I need my life back. Think twice before swallowing that first dosage."

Lacowgirl April 29, 2016

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "did not really help with back pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Robaxin has worked very well for my back muscle spasms. Also for tension headache due to muscle tension in my neck and head. My only side effects were initially a feeling of constantly needing to urinate even when there was no need. But that went away after a few weeks. Now though I have been experiencing bad dreams and broken sleep, problem is I don't know if these negative effects are from the Robaxin or something else I am taking. I do take several other medications in addition to the Robaxin."

ginalee5711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "works for me, helps me get through the day, I take it 2 times a day, I have neuropathy, on my right side, and this causes a lot of pain, muscle spasms throughout my body, better with robaxin, I have my life back"

Roe2016 March 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "After trying several medications for my fibromyalgia none of which did anything for my pain but Lyrica and is 700 dollars a month WITH my insurance...who can afford that?? I sat down with my doctor and cried...she suggested trying 750mg of methocarbamol every 4 hours along with 2mg Xanax twice a day. My doctor is a miracle worker...in the last 6 months I have been taking this medicine I have had 4 bad fibro days...instead of 8-15 a month... I can handle that!! I haven't had any side effects...the first 3 days i took it it did take a little getting used to...but have had zero issues."

Fibromyalgia Is Yucky March 5, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This drug is wonderful. Broke my neck and just had a fusion and this totally killed my spasms. Doesn't keep me up. I get a lil drowsy which I like as it eases with the tension but i totally reccomend this. Almost like a soma kinda effect for me"

kiddvegas (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Seems to be working a lot better than other muscle relaxers I've been prescribed. My doctor prescribed 500 mg tablets and to take 1-2 tablets every 8 hours as needed (PRN). I usually have to take 2 tablets in the morning, 1-2 late afternoon, and ALWAYS take 2 at bedtime or I'll be up all night in pain and constant spasms in my lower back into my buttocks. I also take a long acting narcotic and an instant release narcotic. I never experienced this type of pain until I delivered my son 4 years ago. I did receive an epidural which is the only thing I can think of that may have caused all this pain and spasms."

Randi-Nacole (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Felt like a fart but it was a shart. Saw double, can't sleep, loss appetite , dizzy, chest pains my chest felt heavy, it did make my head forget about the pain but it was still there. Bilateral spinal muscles where in spasm. T12 L1 and 2. problem. Never took this drug ever and wont ever again. Nauseated diarrhea bile colored. I took half the pill . It is nothing like motrin. Flexaril is a safer medication less likely to shart your pants. But took what was prescribed never heard of this drug before."

side effects beware (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "do not take this drug. It made me ill after neck surgery read nih.gov about and terrible side effects around since 1957. I have my gallbladder surgery in March. I turned yellow, I had balance problems. Go to NIH.GOV to read about it. I couldn't remember what day it was. Memory loss is a big problem. The memory problem goes on after it over 6 months for me. I couldn't sleep. it kept me awake at night, belching. just awful."

bubba sadie (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I am 6 days into detoxing at home after a marathon of using oxycodone Morphine Dilaudid and Fentanyl for around year and Robaxin really helped with the muscle cramps and general creepy crawly feeling you get. Haven't had any episodes of uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea. I'm also using 8mg Zofran dissolving tabs for nausea and as a prevention for vomiting. I've been able to eat somewhat the last 2 days. At this point its just to far in to quit. Holding strong but still feeling anxious as can be."

Crazybeautifulbabe (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I only took 175 mg of ROBOXIN and about 30 minutes later my heart was pounding out of my chest and I had a throbbing headache. That lasted about 2 hours. I'm on other medications and checked for interactions with Zoloft, Lexapro, and Wellbutrin. Anybody experience the same or similar?"

gfry38 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "just started"

skinsfanandravens January 23, 2016

For : "I am not sure if I am an alcoholic or just loved to abuse alcohol. It started while I was in a bad relationship, got worse after it ended, and I could always stop if I had to (pregnancy, university exams, etc.). I stopped binge drinking to put myself to sleep at night (6-10 in 3-4hrs per night)-I wanted to just be healthier. I found that one week after I stopped drinking, I was craving for a drink and got a headache. I took Tylenol Extra Strength Back Pain that I had left over from healing after labour, and it helped me to sleep well that night. The down side is I was drowsy until about 12 hrs after I took it (4hrs after I woke up). But It helped me to get over that craving. I only neede to take 1 of them, one time."

Liz1976 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Made me feel very sleepy so couldn't take it."

Dee1978 January 12, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication has done nothing to help my spasms and pain due to a car accident. Advil works better. I'm in so much pain and can not get in to a pain specialist for weeks. This medication is going in the trash."

AMaria83 January 11, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Excellent! No loose bm's which can send you to the hospital."

Tx_Boots January 3, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Did not react to this well. Had a concussion and occipital neuralgia diagnosis after a car accident and was prescribed this. I do not take meds well so not surprised that this wasn't good for me. I had an immediate reaction of extreme shivering and body shaking that I had to deal with until the meds faded. Did not reduce head tension or pain and just made me really scared by my bodies reaction. I never took another."

CAS2015 January 2, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Been taking this medicine for almost a year. It has been a blessing to have. Helps would cramps and other things too. Doesn't hurt my stomach."

daisybean2974 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Great"

Julie kylie December 14, 2015

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I found this medication to be helpful with getting some sleep! Which is the worst part of opiate withdrawal to me. It also helps with the aches you get that feel like they're in your bones! It was a really big help especially in getting me over that 1 to 2 week hump! The most vital part of the withdrawal experience!"

Brianstancil December 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I pulled a calf muscle a couple of months ago just walking down the street. I rested it and it gradually got better. Then the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago and this time it felt like I had broken a bone when I turned or put weight on it like climbing stairs. It got so bad I eventually relented and went to the doctors. I was prescribed these tabs 750mg. 3 times a day if required. I have taken 3 and cannot believe the improvement, there is virtually no pain and no side effects. Brilliant. I will definately be sending the doctor a Christmas card."

Ranticus (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015