User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Opiate Withdrawal 21 reviews 11 medications

Muscle Spasm 161 reviews 55 medications

6.1
Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 182 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Methocarbamol

For Muscle Spasm: "My neurologist prescribed this as relief from migraine headaches caused by muscle tension. It's wonderful!!!!! No side effects. Also reduces blood pressure from 160's down to 110's. Amazing!"

DDawg15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have used as needed for tension headaches caused by neck vertebrae, restless legs, hip pain at night from excessive walking, and lower back pain accompanied by muscle spasms. It works well for me without any apparent side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have had severe cramping like birthing labor for 7 yrears . Now after 1 week on this med...I am back to the old HAPPY me. 45 days later only side effect is I bruise easier. I am smiling sincerely. I had been take opoiods for the pain but nothing helped with INTENSE spasms until this med...(It literally SAVED my life) the spasms were unbearable..."

Redhead...62...I have I.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "There are not significant changes to the spasms when taking this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have Degenerative disc disease I've been taking Methacarbomal 750mg every 4 hours and cataflam 50mg twice a day for the last 3 days and I have not had any pain relief. This is what my doctor prescribed after I told the doctor I have taken before for the same illness with no relief."

Sapperforward (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "This med did nothing for the pain. I have a pinch nerve in my neck Give me the impression that I don't have muscle spasms. Used an anti inflammatory which did the trick."

Presbury (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have neck and upper back pain (due to body armor, ridding in a turret during improvised explosive device (IED) explosions, and a degenerative disc in my neck. The V.A. has prescribed Methocarbamol to me, these things are worthless! As I saw stated earlier in this forum......a placebo at best!"

US Army Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Some how I managed to hurt my back simply bending over. The pain on the left side of my back curls around my ribs. The pain is so bad that it knocks the wind out of me. I tried taking extra strength Robaxin last night. Nope, didn't work and I was wide awake tossing and turning all night. Don't understand how a muscle relaxer can keep you wide awake all night long?? I think I will continue with the heating pad and rest seeing that seems to give me more relief."

TStarkey May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I twisted my back and threw it out. Was given 500mg three times a day, and it does absolutely nothing at all. My back feels worse than before. It did not relieve any stiffness or pain. Also found out that this medication is unstudied, and the mechanism of action is also unknown. This is a pharmaceutical test product. Its effects are placebo at best."

ThatGuy1987 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this drug almost 3 times a a day for a year , I just stop taking it , and had severe or moderate short term memory problems , really scary, could this be withdrawal also twitches in my hands etc. ??"

Superhair May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Hosp RN out work x 7 weeks with bad back. Researching trouble with being on this med long term and if there is need to wean off it ? I need my back and nervous system figured out quickly."

Runner rn (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "On Thursday 04/27/17, I decided to have my PCP prescribe a med for my chronic lower [right] back pain. Once she determined I may have a strained muscle, she prescribed Methocarbamol 500 mg tablet along with Meloxicam 15 mg tablet. I took the initial dose after my 7:30 pm dinner. And a short time after, maybe 15 minutes, I began to have moderate chest pains, and a dulled heart beat. This lasted only a few minutes, not long enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room, I gathered. The following morning, I woke up to a swollen face [side effect of meds]. Friday 04/28/17, I informed my PCP's office I do not plan to take any more of either med. Just wondering how long the facial swelling will last."

Terri51 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I was run over by a pickup. My back goes out and hurts like hell and I can't get up. The lady at medical care mission said they would help and from everything else she said like my pain is going to magically go away. She was lying just like all the rest of the doctors. I didn't go to the hospital for the pain but to have it documented."

Charles Allen Brown April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Prescribed these by surgeon for severe pain (crippling pain now a days) in my pelvis (due to fluid there), three herniated discs, and sciatica on my left side I can't walk it's so bad. One 750 didn't do much but two 750's will calm down the most stubborn spasms. Also works great with norco (can be hard to stretch four pills a day ya know). Definitely recommend to others with similar conditions. May you find what gives you the most relief! *FIrst post ever*"

SirPain24/7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Amazing drug. Love it. Makes a gigantic difference for me. No side effects and is short lived 4-6 hours. I have a really messed up back. I need a disc replacement. Until then, methocarbamol is for me."

Bubba Marine March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "A great non sedating/non addictive muscle relaxer. Works much better than flexiril. No side effects for me."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "This was prescribed to me for back pain. I had a pinched nerve in the middle of my back. I've also had back pain due to muscle spasms/Strained muscle. This is by far the best med I've taken so far (cyclobenzoprene, Flexeril, Hydrocodone to name a few). Most medications either make me too drowsy, constipated, or leave odd mucus on my stool. Methocarbomal leaves me functional & eliminates spasms. It makes me slightly woozy feeling if I haven't eaten anything, but that's only for about 20 minutes, then it seems to go away. *These taste horrible* but if I'm in pain, I don't care. 9/10 for this I'm not a heavy med user, and I honestly don't like taking medication. As soon my pain became manageable, I stopped taking these..But they DO work"

Reo87 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "It helped with the Pain, but caused severe dryness, itching, and cracking of my skin. Especially on the Hands."

JJ_Spring March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I liked that I had no drowsiness on the medication it only helped with mild back spasms not moderate or severe spasms. I loved that it did help with Gastro intestinal spasms and diarrhea due to Crohns disease"

ludenar (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have muscle spasms in my neck and upper back. I have bone spurs on my cervical spine that compress my spinal nerves causing numbness in my shoulders and arms. I have to hold my head in very specific positions to avoid pain and numbness. This causes tension and muscle spasms in my neck and back. My doctor prescribed 500mg tablets once a day at bedtime. I'm confident that I am under dosed. Not any relief at this point."

Miminurse March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I never knew untill reading this that you can use methocarbamol as an drug addiction helper. I started taken them 5 month ago I only take them once or twice a day if needed 750mg ones. I also take 80mg MST twice daily . But since taking methocarbamol I haven't needed my ora morph for break through pain relief. I'm worried I can't take these for life though can't get an answer for that."

Young in mind (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this medicine for 22 years. I have Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and a very bad spine. I had a Doctor give me Tizanidine and it put me in the ICU. I almost died! After I got home and back on some solid food I took my two 750mg 3 times a day like I always did and they have been great for me. But the Fed. Gov. and DEA want to put their nose in sick peoples business and try to take all the things away that work for sick people. I really think they want us to die and get it over with. This medicine my not be for some but we all have a different body."

Red Hawk (taken for 10 years or more) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Wow took the spasms away to where I can bear the pain. Taken with my cocktail & shots my pain has decreased dramatically..."

Judibug March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years. After reading some of these reviews I thought I would share my experience. I suffer from fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, myofacial pain with trigger points...I think you get my drift. This has been the only muscle relaxer I have not become immune to and that works for me well. I generally have major side effects from medication, but I do not feel anything has been noteworthy with this muscle relaxer. My suggestion would be talk to your doctor, give it a try. ANY medication can have adverse effects or not work for you. Each person is different. If people are taking other medication in conjunction to this then it may effect them differently."

Kfarren (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Someone stated that this is an opioid. I wanted to clear that misconception up right now. No, its not. Robaxin (or methocarbamol) is a central nervous system depressant (as are narcotic medications) and a muscle relaxant but it does not have addictive properties. It's important to know this in my opinion, because some people, such as myself, cannot take narcotics."

Pgomba01 February 24, 2017