User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Opiate Withdrawal 20 reviews 11 medications

6.9
Muscle Spasm 134 reviews 55 medications

6.1
Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 154 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Methocarbamol

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have seen this medication work extremely well for all but a few, usually those who struggle with the intense depression which can be brought on by withdrawals. However although immodium is an excellent diarrhea reliever, be careful of how much, how often, and for how long of an extended period of time you use this drug. It is one of the least known (and yes, safest) opioids, but it IS an opioid still, and as such, while it generally does not penetrate the blood brain barrier, does a host of work with the receptors in your gut. At the end of the day, one thing is clear: this drug too, can cause significant withdrawals if used for too long an extended period of time."

Withdrawal warning (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Robaxin 750mg x 3 daily for muscle spasms via my pain management dr tho I wasn't aware I was having muscle spasm in my lower back. I had failed laminectomy L4/L5 with several back injections post to help with the pain. Nothing has worked. Was on NucyntaER and Oxy 7.5/325 3x daily -this worked beautifully. Dr changed oxy to 5mg & replaced Robaxin 750 x3. I only taken 3 and I have suffered multiple charlie horses in my legs and toes; my leg remains stiff and I am terrified more spasm activity. Already my quality of life has changed for the worse. I am afraid to continue this drug. This is the only thing that has changed and I never had spasms before! Why would I take more?"

Do not use January 7, 2017

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Although more effective then Norflex, it took awhile to help the spasms. Once it hit my system, it did ease the spasms somewhat."

DebBoli December 22, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was told as a youth and treated as a Rheumatoid patient Muscle spasms in the legs and feet were always a problem. Rest, massage, and very warm water soak's. Now, I'm over 70' and doctor put me on long term Methocarbon which swells my tongue and puts sores in mouth, and changes my taste. I some times get dizzy and lay awake nights partially asleep. I'm tired a lot and just can't get energy up. Or care. What do you think. Should I change Rheumatolgist?"

Josie 1123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Didn't help with the pain much at all , and made me very tired for about 36 hour, I only took 1 500mg pill"

Ted Jr. December 10, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I took my first dose today around 4 pm to help ease tension in my neck that caused a terrible 3 day migraine. The first two (prescribed by a doctor) made me sleep only two hours when I was supposed to be out for 6 hours. I still had the migraine of course and it didn't have any negative side effects nor did it help that first time so I took one more 5 hours later as i was getting ready for bed. It is currently putting me through hell because of nausea, an upset stomach and now I cant even fall asleep. I'm feeling the heaviness in my chest that others have mentioned previously and I'm scared of what the initial migraine is going to be bring me when this bs wears off :("

Sophxx16 December 6, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Dr. suggested. Just researching"

SteveM338 December 5, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I am currently on methadone and I have severe sciatica on my right side I was giving this to take for the pain in my whole right side and I'm nervous to take with the methadone and wanted to make sure it was safe to do so"

Jaime1156 November 20, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Today is the first day I took it (literally prescribed this morning) only for occasional use, due to my scripts of sedatives and pain medications. It is not sedating, I do have blurred vision but my muscles are EXTREMELY relaxed, but not too much that I can't do anything. I am a bit dizzy, but I also am taking other medications and currently on some stuff for a sinus infection. It took about an hour to kick in, but my traps, thighs, and back feel almost no pain. I feel so relaxed, I have not taken any of my Valium today, and I feel almost as if I took one, although this medicine (methocarbamol) is non sedating. I feel wonderful so far. No side effects yet. Not for everyday use, at least for me. Recommended for occasional use."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Started taking this for severe back pain and muscle spasms. I really wish the doctor would have warned me about it! I started getting sick a couple days after starting it but didn't think about it being a reaction to the drug! I was nauseated first, then the chest pressure started, headache, my vision was blurry, and I couldn't walk across the floor without being out of breath. It was two weeks of pure hell before I thought about the new medicine! When we looked it up I had more than 13 of the many serious side effects! I even had to make a trip to urgent care because of it, they diagnosed me with bronchitis! I just can't believe they allow something like this on the market! How long will it take to stop being miserable?"

Skicat2000 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "In response to a post regarding how long it takes to get relief. In my researching I found that this medication gradually builds up in your system. When you first start taking it it may take a number of days to experience maximum relief. I find its the ONLY m. relaxant I've tried that relieves my severe spasms & cramping. I thought it wasn't working any more until I went off of it to try several other options. When I resumed taking it the relief was immediate. The neuralgia has muscle symptoms that nothing seems to help- being a chronic pain pt am on several other meds. Am trying Hylands for general muscle discomfort - hoping that will help. Mention that as Hylands is often used during opiate withdrawl."

Mtgirl1958 (taken for 10 years or more) October 11, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I've had this symptom with other drugs. My legs are cold and I can't get them warm. It's like I have a loss of minerals."

Lmaj October 7, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I get sciatica often due to a spinal injury. When the flair up are at their worst, I've always taken Soma. I'm the type who does not like to change meds. If it works, why take a chance and mess that up? So I was skeptical when my doctor gave me Robaxin. But it worked! Yesterday I was tilted to the right and couldn't walk with my back straight up. Today I am so much better. What a relief! The pain can be a nightmare!"

KellyAnneRN (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "lower major back pain took medication and the pain went from major to a minor dull ache"

Jason231 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "If I could give this drug is zero rating I would. Since I take Klonopin for anxiety and oxycodone for severe pain due to extreme degenerative disc disease and facet joint disease in my entire spine, along with 11 herniated discs, my new pain management doctor would not allow me to keep taking Soma (which worked wonderfully) because of the goddamn DEA. I have been on that combination for years with no problems. I am not addicted to any kind of drug, nor have the desire to abuse drugs. I simply take them bring back my quality of life. I'm dealing with a failed microdiscectomy at L5-S1, which is causing me level 10 bilateral nerve pain from the groin area to my toes. I took 3 500mg pills, which did not work so I threw the bottle out."

Mskwik (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "My face and eyes were so puffy I looked 10 yrs older, it did help the pain but I decided to use only on long days not sure if it also caused my legs to get swollen"

Msmir August 15, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I take this for muscle spams. Almost completely alleviates the problem. No side effects and helps me to sleep. No restless legs either!"

tinabuglaw (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this medication to treat musculoskeletal issues in my upper back. The pain was chronic, I've had it off and on for almost a decade, and it was severe enough to impact my day-to-day life. This medicine eased the pain almost entirely without crazy side-effects. It is the only medication that has ever worked for me. I've been on Soma and Flexeril in the past, and both did nothing for my pain- they just made me groggy enough that I didn't care as much."

AnotherAnonymousOne August 13, 2016

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been prescribed robaxin 750mg from having back pains after getting epidural for child birth. It works okay. I'm suppose to take it every 4 hours or when aches return. I don't even have to look at the clock and can tell the 4 hours went by because the aches return. I wish I had something I don't have to take every 4 hours, just 12 instead. I have to make sure I have my pills with me, or I will be so miserable. My aches make me so dizzy because how bad they are."

Back! (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Just started, prescribed as 500mg twice daily. Blurred vision Total body jerking (approx 3/1min, followed by single limb jerking for approx /30 min then repeat of total body jerking. Head spinning"

Tj1134 August 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Ruptured lower disc. Been using for two days; take 500mg before going to bed. Previously could not stand or walk for more than two minutes. This has absolutely helped me walk and stand longer. No side effects. I don't like taking any drugs; so, I may try at 250mg. With my positive results and limited use so far and not being a narcotic, I'll be recommending this to my mother-in-law."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was on these medication for two weeks for bulging disc and it was a nightmare. 500 mg twice a day. After the first week that's when I notice the side effects: insomnia, body jerking, sweating and it can put out heat on ur body. Won't take this any more."

Angela - 50 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have fibromyalgia and additional pain from osteoarthritis. I work fulltime at a demanding professional job, and and taking opiates and/or muscle relaxants like cyclobenzaprine frequently is not an option - I need to be able to think. The fibro pain disappears when I take methocarbamol and it doesn't (seem to) affect my ability to think, nor does it make me sleepy. It works very well for me."

Esmerelda in the mountains (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal: "As a chronic pain patient I use Methocarbamal aka Robaxin to temper my tolerance to my pain medications. I find it very helpful to identify just how much pain medication I need at any one time verses how much my body is wanting because of addiction. It's been extremely helpful post surgery to get off morphine, fentynal and oxycodone."

MrBob May 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication is the worst medication I have taken. The side effects are awful and it does not help my autoimmune disease "Crohn's and spinal degeneration. Can't wait for it to get out of my system. I only wish I knew how long that would take. I need my life back. Think twice before swallowing that first dosage."

Lacowgirl April 29, 2016