User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Opiate Withdrawal 21 reviews 11 medications

Muscle Spasm 148 reviews 55 medications

6.2
Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 169 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Methocarbamol

For Muscle Spasm: "Prescribed these by surgeon for severe pain (crippling pain now a days) in my pelvis (due to fluid there), three herniated discs, and sciatica on my left side I can't walk it's so bad. One 750 didn't do much but two 750's will calm down the most stubborn spasms. Also works great with norco (can be hard to stretch four pills a day ya know). Definitely recommend to others with similar conditions. May you find what gives you the most relief! *FIrst post ever*"

SirPain24/7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Amazing drug. Love it. Makes a gigantic difference for me. No side effects and is short lived 4-6 hours. I have a really messed up back. I need a disc replacement. Until then, methocarbamol is for me."

Bubba Marine March 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "A great non sedating/non addictive muscle relaxer. Works much better than flexiril. No side effects for me."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "This was prescribed to me for back pain. I had a pinched nerve in the middle of my back. I've also had back pain due to muscle spasms/Strained muscle. This is by far the best med I've taken so far (cyclobenzoprene, Flexeril, Hydrocodone to name a few). Most medications either make me too drowsy, constipated, or leave odd mucus on my stool. Methocarbomal leaves me functional & eliminates spasms. It makes me slightly woozy feeling if I haven't eaten anything, but that's only for about 20 minutes, then it seems to go away. *These taste horrible* but if I'm in pain, I don't care. 9/10 for this I'm not a heavy med user, and I honestly don't like taking medication. As soon my pain became manageable, I stopped taking these..But they DO work"

Reo87 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "It helped with the Pain, but caused severe dryness, itching, and cracking of my skin. Especially on the Hands."

JJ_Spring March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I liked that I had no drowsiness on the medication it only helped with mild back spasms not moderate or severe spasms. I loved that it did help with Gastro intestinal spasms and diarrhea due to Crohns disease"

ludenar (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I have muscle spasms in my neck and upper back. I have bone spurs on my cervical spine that compress my spinal nerves causing numbness in my shoulders and arms. I have to hold my head in very specific positions to avoid pain and numbness. This causes tension and muscle spasms in my neck and back. My doctor prescribed 500mg tablets once a day at bedtime. I'm confident that I am under dosed. Not any relief at this point."

Miminurse March 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I never knew untill reading this that you can use methocarbamol as an drug addiction helper. I started taken them 5 month ago I only take them once or twice a day if needed 750mg ones. I also take 80mg MST twice daily . But since taking methocarbamol I haven't needed my ora morph for break through pain relief. I'm worried I can't take these for life though can't get an answer for that."

Young in mind (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this medicine for 22 years. I have Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and a very bad spine. I had a Doctor give me Tizanidine and it put me in the ICU. I almost died! After I got home and back on some solid food I took my two 750mg 3 times a day like I always did and they have been great for me. But the Fed. Gov. and DEA want to put their nose in sick peoples business and try to take all the things away that work for sick people. I really think they want us to die and get it over with. This medicine my not be for some but we all have a different body."

Red Hawk (taken for 10 years or more) March 6, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Wow took the spasms away to where I can bear the pain. Taken with my cocktail & shots my pain has decreased dramatically..."

Judibug March 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years. After reading some of these reviews I thought I would share my experience. I suffer from fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, myofacial pain with trigger points...I think you get my drift. This has been the only muscle relaxer I have not become immune to and that works for me well. I generally have major side effects from medication, but I do not feel anything has been noteworthy with this muscle relaxer. My suggestion would be talk to your doctor, give it a try. ANY medication can have adverse effects or not work for you. Each person is different. If people are taking other medication in conjunction to this then it may effect them differently."

Kfarren (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Someone stated that this is an opioid. I wanted to clear that misconception up right now. No, its not. Robaxin (or methocarbamol) is a central nervous system depressant (as are narcotic medications) and a muscle relaxant but it does not have addictive properties. It's important to know this in my opinion, because some people, such as myself, cannot take narcotics."

Pgomba01 February 24, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Effective for post op back spasms, especially at night. Minor GI side effects without food. No hangover."

SuprDave (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Okay let's be totally honest here guys. I'm 32 and for the better the half of my life I've been every kind of pain med. you name it! Seriously. I'm on 4mg DILAUDID 6 times a day plus three 10mg METHADONE! Car accidents, trauma and of course a long line of pain meds year after year getting stronger and stronger. Well this past month I legitimately stuffed up. I was left short on my meds by a about a week. I've been through hell! Come to find out Robaxin helps with the withdrawals!? I have bottles of this shit just never took it. I just came across this website after a week of feeing like death. Robaxin here I come! Thanks all for the advice down there :)"

Amandaaaajoyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Seems that with the first dose I was feeling much better, in fact I didn't have any pain or spasms for a few days, I thought to myself, "wow this actually works." Low and behold a week later after starting the script I can't sleep, I toss and turn, and feel like I am half awake and half asleep. My mouth gets so dry and my teeth hurt to the point of serious discomfort. The migraines are probably the worst though. I just can't imagine that this drug is doing all of this but it seems as though I need a different prescription."

Ben D February 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have seen this medication work extremely well for all but a few, usually those who struggle with the intense depression which can be brought on by withdrawals. However although immodium is an excellent diarrhea reliever, be careful of how much, how often, and for how long of an extended period of time you use this drug. It is one of the least known (and yes, safest) opioids, but it IS an opioid still, and as such, while it generally does not penetrate the blood brain barrier, does a host of work with the receptors in your gut. At the end of the day, one thing is clear: this drug too, can cause significant withdrawals if used for too long an extended period of time."

Withdrawal warning (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Robaxin 750mg x 3 daily for muscle spasms via my pain management dr tho I wasn't aware I was having muscle spasm in my lower back. I had failed laminectomy L4/L5 with several back injections post to help with the pain. Nothing has worked. Was on NucyntaER and Oxy 7.5/325 3x daily -this worked beautifully. Dr changed oxy to 5mg & replaced Robaxin 750 x3. I only taken 3 and I have suffered multiple charlie horses in my legs and toes; my leg remains stiff and I am terrified more spasm activity. Already my quality of life has changed for the worse. I am afraid to continue this drug. This is the only thing that has changed and I never had spasms before! Why would I take more?"

Do not use January 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Although more effective then Norflex, it took awhile to help the spasms. Once it hit my system, it did ease the spasms somewhat."

DebBoli December 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I was told as a youth and treated as a Rheumatoid patient Muscle spasms in the legs and feet were always a problem. Rest, massage, and very warm water soak's. Now, I'm over 70' and doctor put me on long term Methocarbon which swells my tongue and puts sores in mouth, and changes my taste. I some times get dizzy and lay awake nights partially asleep. I'm tired a lot and just can't get energy up. Or care. What do you think. Should I change Rheumatolgist?"

Josie 1123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Didn't help with the pain much at all , and made me very tired for about 36 hour, I only took 1 500mg pill"

Ted Jr. December 10, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I took my first dose today around 4 pm to help ease tension in my neck that caused a terrible 3 day migraine. The first two (prescribed by a doctor) made me sleep only two hours when I was supposed to be out for 6 hours. I still had the migraine of course and it didn't have any negative side effects nor did it help that first time so I took one more 5 hours later as i was getting ready for bed. It is currently putting me through hell because of nausea, an upset stomach and now I cant even fall asleep. I'm feeling the heaviness in my chest that others have mentioned previously and I'm scared of what the initial migraine is going to be bring me when this bs wears off :("

Sophxx16 December 6, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Dr. suggested. Just researching"

SteveM338 December 5, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I am currently on methadone and I have severe sciatica on my right side I was giving this to take for the pain in my whole right side and I'm nervous to take with the methadone and wanted to make sure it was safe to do so"

Jaime1156 November 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Today is the first day I took it (literally prescribed this morning) only for occasional use, due to my scripts of sedatives and pain medications. It is not sedating, I do have blurred vision but my muscles are EXTREMELY relaxed, but not too much that I can't do anything. I am a bit dizzy, but I also am taking other medications and currently on some stuff for a sinus infection. It took about an hour to kick in, but my traps, thighs, and back feel almost no pain. I feel so relaxed, I have not taken any of my Valium today, and I feel almost as if I took one, although this medicine (methocarbamol) is non sedating. I feel wonderful so far. No side effects yet. Not for everyday use, at least for me. Recommended for occasional use."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Started taking this for severe back pain and muscle spasms. I really wish the doctor would have warned me about it! I started getting sick a couple days after starting it but didn't think about it being a reaction to the drug! I was nauseated first, then the chest pressure started, headache, my vision was blurry, and I couldn't walk across the floor without being out of breath. It was two weeks of pure hell before I thought about the new medicine! When we looked it up I had more than 13 of the many serious side effects! I even had to make a trip to urgent care because of it, they diagnosed me with bronchitis! I just can't believe they allow something like this on the market! How long will it take to stop being miserable?"

Skicat2000 (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016