User Reviews for Methocarbamol

Also known as: Carbacot, Robaxin, Robaxin-750, Skelex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methocarbamol.

Opiate Withdrawal

Muscle Spasm

Summary of Methocarbamol reviews 6.5 192 reviews

Reviews for Methocarbamol

Robaxin-750 (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this medication for about 3 months now, hoping something will change and it will start to help me, but it's not. I've also been taking ibuprofen along with it. But I still have a lot of pain. My right hip is so much worse then the left. All I want is relief. Even a little bit, I would rejoice."

Dorch November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I found methocarbamol to be extremely helpful dealing with severe muscle spasms. I've tried other muscle relaxants from valium, too many side effects, to flexaril, not helpful. It's reassuring to know there is something that will help the next time!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been an opiate abuser for the best part of 20 years I've got clean many times and I've relapsed many times. I'm now 42 and the withdrawal symptoms seem to get worse with age. Ok I'll get to it. I had a back injury and was prescribed Methocarbamol (my GP) He had no idea I was an addict. The day I got hold of this medication I was planning to do my detox (AGAIN) I would normally use lyrica to help with the overall hell of getting clean . So before going to find that medication on the black market I looked up this what I had been prescribed That night I took 1 750mg and 30mins later I noticed my rattling pain was greatly reduced!! Over the next 4 days I took this medication 4 times a day till I'd completed my detox it helped me very much"

Floyd rose 75 (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I started medication by PM because they no longer would prescribe soma with my other pain meds. The medication gives me heart burn immediately so I take it with tummy medication. I have severe spasms in mid back , low back , and buttocks. I going to insist with PM to try something else. The medication is a placebo to my body. I have spinal stenosis and arthritis in spine."

SG209 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Awful heartburn! Even with light food or no food. Actually I found that zanaflex works better since my PM does not prescribe soma which in my personal opinion is the best for muscle and back pain. You must take zanaflex as directed depending on if they are tablets or capsules. But Flexeril will help with sleep. Best to all who suffer daily. I hope you find a solution that works for you. So far I haven't since my PM cut out the soma."

Styx October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have a pinched nerve in my back going down the front of my leg. For 2 days my back was all messed up then woke up to numbess from knee to ankle. I fell 3 times before I went to the doctors. (Local urgent care). He prescribed robaxin and a steroid pack. I do not feel any different. I'm still having muscle spasms in right thigh along with no feeling to my right shin area. I can barely walk. I didn't have any side effects at all from this medication but they didn't work either. I just want my life back"

Alynna September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Didn't notice any side effects and slight reduction in back and shoulder pain."

mdwood (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Works fine for muscle spasm"

Jt602 August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Very little positive effects on muscle tightness"

Ken R. August 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I don't have any chronic problems. Last weekend I hurt my neck when cleaning the chicken coop and I was in agony for 2 days. Could not sit or lie down without unbearable pain in my neck and left shoulder blade. Went to my chiropractor 2 days in a row. Finally saw my doctor and he gave me Robaxin. What a relief! It stops the muscle tension completely for 4-6 hours. I will use it for a few days along with resting and warm epsom salt baths to be able to continue with my daily life. No side effects for me. Only used it one day."

Urbanfarmgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "My neurologist prescribed this as relief from migraine headaches caused by muscle tension. It's wonderful!!!!! No side effects. Also reduces blood pressure from 160's down to 110's. Amazing!"

DDawg15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have used as needed for tension headaches caused by neck vertebrae, restless legs, hip pain at night from excessive walking, and lower back pain accompanied by muscle spasms. It works well for me without any apparent side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have had severe cramping like birthing labor for 7 yrears . Now after 1 week on this med...I am back to the old HAPPY me. 45 days later only side effect is I bruise easier. I am smiling sincerely. I had been take opoiods for the pain but nothing helped with INTENSE spasms until this med...(It literally SAVED my life) the spasms were unbearable..."

Redhead...62...I have I.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "There are not significant changes to the spasms when taking this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have Degenerative disc disease I've been taking Methacarbomal 750mg every 4 hours and cataflam 50mg twice a day for the last 3 days and I have not had any pain relief. This is what my doctor prescribed after I told the doctor I have taken before for the same illness with no relief."

Sapperforward (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "This med did nothing for the pain. I have a pinch nerve in my neck Give me the impression that I don't have muscle spasms. Used an anti inflammatory which did the trick."

Presbury (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have neck and upper back pain (due to body armor, ridding in a turret during improvised explosive device (IED) explosions, and a degenerative disc in my neck. The V.A. has prescribed Methocarbamol to me, these things are worthless! As I saw stated earlier in this forum......a placebo at best!"

US Army Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Robaxin (methocarbamol) for Muscle Spasm: "Some how I managed to hurt my back simply bending over. The pain on the left side of my back curls around my ribs. The pain is so bad that it knocks the wind out of me. I tried taking extra strength Robaxin last night. Nope, didn't work and I was wide awake tossing and turning all night. Don't understand how a muscle relaxer can keep you wide awake all night long?? I think I will continue with the heating pad and rest seeing that seems to give me more relief."

TStarkey May 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I twisted my back and threw it out. Was given 500mg three times a day, and it does absolutely nothing at all. My back feels worse than before. It did not relieve any stiffness or pain. Also found out that this medication is unstudied, and the mechanism of action is also unknown. This is a pharmaceutical test product. Its effects are placebo at best."

ThatGuy1987 May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this drug almost 3 times a a day for a year , I just stop taking it , and had severe or moderate short term memory problems , really scary, could this be withdrawal also twitches in my hands etc. ??"

Superhair May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Hosp RN out work x 7 weeks with bad back. Researching trouble with being on this med long term and if there is need to wean off it ? I need my back and nervous system figured out quickly."

Runner rn (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "On Thursday 04/27/17, I decided to have my PCP prescribe a med for my chronic lower [right] back pain. Once she determined I may have a strained muscle, she prescribed Methocarbamol 500 mg tablet along with Meloxicam 15 mg tablet. I took the initial dose after my 7:30 pm dinner. And a short time after, maybe 15 minutes, I began to have moderate chest pains, and a dulled heart beat. This lasted only a few minutes, not long enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room, I gathered. The following morning, I woke up to a swollen face [side effect of meds]. Friday 04/28/17, I informed my PCP's office I do not plan to take any more of either med. Just wondering how long the facial swelling will last."

Terri51 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I was run over by a pickup. My back goes out and hurts like hell and I can't get up. The lady at medical care mission said they would help and from everything else she said like my pain is going to magically go away. She was lying just like all the rest of the doctors. I didn't go to the hospital for the pain but to have it documented."

Charles Allen Brown April 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Prescribed these by surgeon for severe pain (crippling pain now a days) in my pelvis (due to fluid there), three herniated discs, and sciatica on my left side I can't walk it's so bad. One 750 didn't do much but two 750's will calm down the most stubborn spasms. Also works great with norco (can be hard to stretch four pills a day ya know). Definitely recommend to others with similar conditions. May you find what gives you the most relief! *FIrst post ever*"

SirPain24/7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Amazing drug. Love it. Makes a gigantic difference for me. No side effects and is short lived 4-6 hours. I have a really messed up back. I need a disc replacement. Until then, methocarbamol is for me."

Bubba Marine March 23, 2017