User Reviews for Baclofen

Muscle Twitching
5.3

Summary of Baclofen reviews 7.2 254 reviews

Reviews for Baclofen

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "My alcohol dependence started in my mid 30s and has lasted 10 years. I have been hospitalised several times due to it and I have managed to stay sober for good periods sometimes. But, as others have said, I always felt miserable when I was dry. Baclofen, in combination has changed my life, I now no longer crave alcohol and I feel as if my zest for life has returned. I just can't praise it enough. Go Baclofen!"

systemlord (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I began Baclofen about 2 years ago for chronic insomnia related to bipolar 2. The dosage is 30-50mg/night. It has been effective at 30mg at bedtime, vastly better than benzodiazepines or Z-drugs. I have not experienced side effects."

sf100 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "My goodness, I have been looking for years to find relief. for muscle spasm. Baclofen 10mg has been a godsend. Pain gone. Thanks to my wonderful Dr. "

Joy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "This drug was very effective. I was despairing of finding a solution to my temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome, with my jaw locking constantly and causing pain. It took a few weeks, and I ended up splitting the dose to make the effects last longer, but it stopped the locking. I now keep a supply to hand for flare ups. I would highly recommend it."

DW (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Was Rx'd Baclofen by a psychiatrist during intense "P/T Mngt" Program for Cervical Spine. Found it ineffective as a Muscle Relaxant & when my upper body would seize together in a "lock down", Baclofen did not budge a fibre loose. I give it a 0 in comparison to Valium (Diazepam), which was Rx'd by my psychiatrist who saw my physical distress. Valium is in the Benzo class (Ativan, Zanax) but it functions primarily by relaxing muscles. For me, no dependence or withdrawal symptoms."

MagneticEM (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I fell at home and I twisted my leg. The muscles in the back of my leg we're swollen. I have now taken one 10mg pill twice a d for 2 days and my leg is 80percent better. I can bend my leg and the pain is almost gone. I will recommend this medication to everybody. No side effects at all. I believe it depends on the person. Thanks"

Terry. (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia: "I am prescribed baclofen 20 mgs 3xs a day..I had to cut that dosage back as this med causes extreme lethargy and sleepiness. It does very little for the horrific muscle spasms..but? Telling doctors this is like talking to a wall..so I use it as my sleep aid because Drs. Do not want to prescribe anything for that either..can't win.."

Haji Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Yeah the drug works. No more back spasms, and no pain at all. Side effects many this is my first time using it will not use again. Dizzy, stomach aches, sleepiness. A doctor at the VA in Atlanta, Ga recommended it to me. I am not a disabled veteran, if I was I would be able to get my teeth fixed."

pat (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I binge drank every night for 10 years. After 3 years of obsessive research into something that would help me into sobriety, and trying to convince Doctors that baclofen would work for me (I was at one point prescribed a small dose) - I had all but given up. I finally met a Psychiatrist that specializes in addiction. Without me even mentioning anything he told me he could cure me, and wrote me a prescription for Baclofen and B1 shots. Needless to say here I am a month and a half without a drink, and I feel enjoyment in things again. My anxiety is gone, my senses are back to normal, my circulation is normal, and my constant 'fight or flight' mechanism that I've had my entire life is turned off. I can hold a conversation with people without feeling the need to run away. I'm friendlier and more patient, happier and more calm. To call Baclofen a miracle drug would be an understatement. I am currently on 100mgs taken throughout the day."

Sangias February 26, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have been taking baclofen for 2 years for muscle spasms. It's helped a lot but still get spasms from time to time. Since taken them not sure if this is a coincidence but I have gained a lot of weight, joint pain in legs, knees, feet & ankles with swelling in feet and legs. Hip joints also very have pain and weakness. I just read some side effects some are rare but still possible. I asked my doctor is it possible caused from the medication and he assured me it's not. I am asking if anyone else have any of the side effects I'm having."

Suffer which way! (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I have stiff trapped muscles that I used to take Klonipin off label to help relax them. PM doc won't prescribe them but will write for 20 baclofen 10 mg a month. I have the worse tendonitis and neck spasms ever taking them. Can't win."

Trisha Haskett February 23, 2018

For Dystonia: "Was prescribed Baclofen for muscle spasms/ chronic painfrom my Charcot Marie Tooth (MD) (a hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy) .During a 2 day experience with this med I became weak in my legs and noticed spastic movement. I fell numerous times. Also had a host of side effects that were obvious to family members as well as myself. I had slurred speech, trouble getting my words out. I had uncontrollable laughing spells to the point that I had my grand children scared and crying. I was so hyper and felt very out of control. Trouble staying awake and nightmares when I slept. One of the worst side effects was uncontrollable jerking. I would jerk at times and actually threw a cup of tea onto the floor!! I had a horrible 3 days of side effects using this med. After stopping I still dealt with some effects for 2 more days. God continue to bless those that are having good results but plz bless those that are dealing with side effects. Awful!!"

Beyond spastic February 18, 2018

For Neuralgia: "I have been taking baclofen for 5 years for my sciatic pain and neuropathy, it has helped me a lot .I take it daily 3 times a day. It helps relieve my back pain better than any other relaxer and doesn't get me dizzy or tired or affect me in any other way but helpful"

it helps me alot w pain 1x3 da February 16, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I been on baclofen for 3 days ,and I'm having more spasms then ever before - to the point it's cramping I am not able to use my right arm and I'm right handed get spasm when I use bathroom I'm ready to go to ER that's how bad it is. I drink more water thinking that will help subside the spasm but that's not working. are these side effects? I have had headache also it cause blood pressure to go up"

my spasm are worse since start (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2018

For Spinal Spasticity: "I have taken Baclofen for 4 days. I have seen good results so far. My muscle spasms have almost gone away. The only side effect I notice is makes me very sleepy, and have long disturbing nightmares."

jeaniebean (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Spinal Spasticity: "After fighting with doctors for over 20 years that the pain was real and not in my head! Baclofen was my life saver. I had been misdiagnosed so many times that you truly do have to know your body and its symptoms and I found a doctor who listened. This pill saved my life. Start very small dosage and increase as stated... No side effects. It gave me my life back! My symptoms started to disappear on the first day on it...SYMPTOMS that have been going on for 20 years. Found my breathing shallow for first few days so scaled back dosage. Now on 20mgs - 3 times per day. Living again!"

Anonymous January 27, 2018

For Spasticity: "I have Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RR MS). More than 10 yrs in. I take Baclofen 60-100 mgs/day to reduce involuntary "shaking" caused by neurological deterioration. I am SHOCKED doctors are prescribing Baclofen to some of these users like Garden bug, for a miner ACL tear and another person for fibromyalgia. 10 mg/day is like taking a single baby aspirin and your pain is psychosomatic. Baclofen is used to control CNS chronic incurable disease, IT IS NOT a PAIN medication. It DOES NOT reduce pain. It controls the nerves at the SOURCE; spinal cord and neurologically. It reduces severe muscle spasms only. If you have late RR MS or PR MS, it can be effective to continue mobility to a certain point."

JacPoi January 23, 2018

For Spasticity: "Almost five years ago I was diagnosed with hereditary spastic paraplegia of unknown origin. My neurologist has proscribed 3×5 mg and to gradually rise it to maximum oral intake dosage of 3×25 mg. Through the adaptation period I was slowly rising my intake, with up to 10 days between next rise. I have found that 3×15 mg relieves me from spasms without compromising balance and muscle strength and leaves me option to increase dosage if needed. In the beginning you may have some side effects like dizziness, muscle weakness but they'll disappear. We all have different tolerance to the drugs so prescribed dosage is just for orientation. This is not a painkiller, and for that purpose you have to find different drug."

H_M (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2018

For Spasticity: "I found Baclofen to be very helpful for my spasms and general muscle tightness. Unfortunately, my condition is chronic and long term use of the Baclofen rendered it ineffective as I built a tolerance to it. And sadly I have not found another muscle relaxer that works well for me. Some I tried gave me horrible side effects...nausea, insomnia, loss of appetite, etc., etc. So after a short break I'm back to taking a smaller dose of Baclofen. It's not as effective as it initially was but I have no side effects!"

Brettster (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I started taking baclofen 7 years ago after being diagnosed with dystonia. After 6 months I lost all cravings for alcohol having been a bad alcoholic for over 20 years. I remain alcohol free to this day."

Dottiedsl44 December 28, 2017

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "It’s been 7 months + now since I quit drinking and have been taking Baclofen and Campral for cravings with great results. I was drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a night and had tried to quit many many times - lasting from days to a few months. What is very different this time is I am not having to fight myself and constantly 'self- talk' - feel much calmer. I did try a higher dose for a short while (75 mg ) but had side effects i.e fatigue, swollen ankles and trouble with 'finding my words'. Now on 30mg (sometimes 20mg) and managing well. These meds have been a life saver for me."

Arowan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "After a typical ACL reconstruction - my central nervous system went haywire. It's thought that I might have had an adverse rection to the Lyrica that I was put on shortly after my operation. Doctors have no idea why and for months after I had agonising nerve pain all over my body. After a few months, the only pain I have left has been in my lower back. Although I can still function - it was bad enough that I dreaded simple things like car trips or sitting at my desk at work. My GP suggested Baclofen and it's done wonders. I only take one 10mg tablet at night but it's enough that I have no muscle pain at all. It's been a miracle and I've had literally no side effects (probably due to being on such a low dose)."

Garden bug December 27, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have very bad muscle spasms and cramps that turn my foot completely sideways and splay all my toes. It’s excuciating pain. Baclofen made it worse. The day I tried it I had the spasms 12 times during the night. Won’t be taking it again. I guess crying and screaming is my option."

Sprinklergal66 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have a rare form of muscular dystrophy this drug lets me lead a normal life. Been on it for over 17 years now, no side affects, but takes away my spastic problems. Highly recommend and so grateful for it."

Sholl December 5, 2017

For Cervical Dystonia: "The VA started me about 3 weeks ago for my Severe neck pain, spinal issue and I actually thought I got placebo instead. Not touching the pain, especially at night. Waiting on MRI before further meds are changed or prescribed. Been having spinal issues for 30+ years due to a fall. Had hardware installed and bone taken out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017