User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 53 reviews 17 medications

Muscle Twitching 2 reviews 2 medications

5.3
Summary of Baclofen reviews 225 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Baclofen

For Migraine Prevention: "Taking it for a week 10mg twice a day I have spasms in the back and migraines. This has increased my headaches and does nothing for my back pain. I am weaning myself off of this medication I am constantly sick to my stomach and dizzy. Worst med ever"

Tasha Lo August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "To be considered a "lower class" of relaxants, I found that it actually worked better than expected. And there is little to no risk of becoming dependant/addicted to this drug. . Overall very pleased"

One_stiffneck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have only used baclofen for 3 weeks but I can say it is truly a miracle drug for me. I have suffered from chronic pain for 20 years after a motorcycle accident that resulted in fractures of T1 2 in 3 of my transverse processes and displacement of 2 other vertebras including 13 other fractures including punctured lungs and separations in my shoulder and clavicle. I know everybody on this post has serious pain. I tried every narcotic pain medication even becoming chemically dependent and eventually addicted to many of them and 4 other muscle relaxers and every other treatment (PT, acupuncture surgeries etc.) that I'm sure everybody on this board has tried. I have serious scar tissue in my upper back lower neck which caused me constant and severe pain. I stumbled upon baclofen going to urgent care to get a toradol shot just to make it so I could sleep that night. After I woke up the next morning taking my 1st dose of baclofen I had 50%+ pain reduction! For those of you that suffer from true chronic pain that is life affecting every minute of your life you can understand why I'm in tears writing this post. I cannot believe I had never tried this medication. I'm sure it does not work the same for everybody but when it works it is a miracle drug! I now can sleep the whole night and when I wake up in the morning I am not dreading a day of pain. Let me be clear I had 20 years of debilitating pain every minute I was awake unless I sedated myself so much that I could finally fall asleep. I went to four detox centers and two rehabs Because of all the opiate pain medications I was taking and then became addicted to. I have been suffering through taking naltrexone to keep me from using narcotic pain meds to escape from my pain. I have a whole new life at age 42 now. I pray that this medication works as well for anybody else reading or posting on this site. God bless all of you suffering."

Fowbr01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "A slow descent into alcohol and cigarette addiction over twenty years finally had me in its grip last year. With too many near disasters to contemplate over the years and a denial system verging on insanity, I was given less than a year to live. From a bright, middle class male to an unshaven, stinking 8 stone mess, retching, panic attacks, barely able to stand up, hiding bottles, then not caring about hiding anything, alcohol had me. I had multiple seizures before Christmas and in front of my 'friends' was bundled off into an ambulance. I was told very firmly that these were the 'end days'. I had seen others around me die. I bought the book by Amiesen and took his advice. I am now teetotal, healthy and have no cravings. I am made new."

Hypteronomachia August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "was prescribed baclofen for dystonia .(muscles spasms)..they slowed the spasms a bit but it also left me sitting on the sofa like a useless lump of flesh. Horrible drug and side effects"

Richieee (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken this medication for a few years and I prefer this shape because it's easier to break. My Pharmacy just switched me to the round pills which I was unhappy about because I can't break those ones as easily and I have yet to find a good pill cutter. I wish they would all be in this shape when pills need to be broken."

Sincerely12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After 30 years of addictions, mainly alcohol, I am finally free. Baclofen changed my life completely. The best part for me is it seemed to switch off the complulsion for it, easily with no fight or sense of loss."

Lucy's-lot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Well, a doctor got me hooked on gabapentin (long story, not my first iatrogenic drug dependence), could not wean myself off it without extreme, disabling suffering lasting perhaps a year total. Now have a doc that is withdrawing me with 60 mg of baclofen and some carbazapine. So far, quite tolerable, and my gaba dose is down from 4350 mg/day to 3300 mg/day, for me a huge drop. So relieved! Gabapentin is poison, let's just hope I don't end up hooked on baclofen!"

RUPK July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Spinal Spasticity: "I was put on this medication and have been on it for about two 1/2 years. Recently my moods switched on and off light a light. My temper was out of control. Someone looked at me and we had a problem. On average I had high anxiety going on. I put them down and will not go back. I was pushing away everyone. I had ringing in the ears. Continuous sweating... STAY AWAY! Not good!"

Team Louisiana (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "Follow up on previous post. The overall relief is moderate. I went up to 80mg a day and that was unsafe too much muscle relaxation. 60mg a day and your emotions are exaggerated and temper becomes quicker. Affects my cardiac output and breathing about 35% and I become winded much easier. I'm off it now but may start again at smaller doses. I have read where some people get relief from as little as 20mg a day, but I don't think that will do the trick for me. I live in VA and a bill was just signed legalizing CBD oil for epilepsy and wonder why in the world they did no make it for TGN too."

ftnssb (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I had a terrible experience with panic attack. I do not believe this medication was appropriate for upper back pain, not identified as spasm."

marjeanine (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "very bad reaction. I took this for upper spinal pain and cold symptoms"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I got up one morning my eyes was swollen shut as the day processed my lips started swelling in thought it was do to my allergies then my face got a rash on my face then my tongue started to swell along with my throat had to go to the ER"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I began taking Baclofen 14 years ago. I started with 10 mg three times a day. After six months, my doctor increased it to 20 mg, and I eventually went to 40 mg twice times a day. Through all of this, I got only marginal relief. Last year, I had the intrathecal pump installed. So far, I still have had only marginal relief. My left hamstrings are very painful throughout the day. Massage is helpful, but very temporary. I'd love to find something that really relaxes my spasms."

Sailor Jim (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "My doctor prescribed this medication, along with 2 others I believe for opiate withdrawal. I'd have to say the combo of the 3 really did help & made life easier. She had me on the Baclofen for the muscle aches & pains, especially the lower back pain I would get. I would definitely recommend this to other addicts for withdrawal."

Jkeith1222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Been a rather severe alcoholic for about 6 years. Owning a bar, I would drink in public about 8-10 beers and then disappear with a bottle of vodka. This continued for years until I took igoba, which helped tremendously, but I eventually went back to drinking more heavily as I started a brewery, oops, bad life choice for an alcoholic. Not having the time to visit an iboga clinic and working 16 hour days hung over I decided to give baclofen a try, at 120 mg I hit a "honeymoon" period and didn't drink for a week. It came back with a vengeance and had to keep upping my dose. Currently at 180 mgs, not drinking but don't think I am there yet. Side are horrible btw. Slowly abating. All I can say is stick with it, the stuff works."

Phat Rooster June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Drank a half bottle of vodka a day, 35 years old, drank for 1 year straight.. Took baclofen 60 mg a day at night, 2 weeks in. All of a sudden, urge and cravings are now finally going away. I have to almost make myself drink. Because I'm so used to a buzz, I'm 2 days into it working finally and have had maybe 4 shots. Compared to half a fifth daily.. Thank you baclofen"

Melanie1qqqqq May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have ankylosing spondylitis. Very painful. Started taking baclofen five days ago. NO relief! Too early for good results? Excruciating pain! Where to get relief?"

Galensdad (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "After using 20 mg in evening...I was getting no relief from muscle spasms, so I spaced dose out to 20mg in afternoon and 20 mg at evening As I got sleepy and dozed off in my chair, I found myself waking, but not breathing, I would have to gasp for a large amount of air and wake up... This went on all evening This has never happened in my life before, I repeated this a few days later and same results OPEN MY EYES AND REALIZE I,M NOT BREATHING AND GASP FOR AS MUCH AIR AS I COULD TAKE.....VERY SCARY."

daLIO May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I've only been on the medication for a as days but it's the first time in years that I haven't had that seized knots in my back . So I am fairly happy with the medication despite the drowsiness its causing. I hope that in a few weeks the drowsiness will go away. At least it doesn't knock me out like Rosario or tizinadine does."

LuDena May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Self medicating for severe depression for around 20 years. The alcohol was inhibiting my antidepressants and making my depression worse. I lost my partner, my work, my hamster (stayed with my partner). Anyway, I have been on baclofen for about three months. As I hit 90mg a day about a week ago, my cravings suddenly vanished. I've gone from 2/3 bottles of wine a day, at the expense of anything, to no alcohol. No desire, gone. It doesn't even cross my mind. I never thought this would happen. Early days yet, so I have side effects- drowsiness and clumsiness. I am assured these will pass, and are tolerable in any case. As a bonus, this drug is generic so for 100 10mg tablets is about £5."

Pupperino (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After 35 years drinking so heavily my liver and kidneys packed up, continued to drink and tried several medications including a whole list of antidepressants, I was finally given a last option of trying Baclofen. It has completely changed my life and my families. Not only have I stopped drinking completely, I have no interest in it, but my anxiety has gone and my mood is stable and mostly upbeat. In my experience, if you are given the chance of Baclofen, grab it."

Lucys-lot April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I was diagnosed with a muscular neurological disorder of unknown origin - SPS - with both my legs becoming stiff and my feet cramping a lot, with no control over lower bodily functions. I was given an Rx @ 20mg X 2 daily and was told to watch gastro for side effects. Didn't really have any problems there but the Rx worked at getting me ambulatory again. I tried to up it to 40mg X 2 daily but it made me sleepy and the Neuro told me better to take the 20 3 or 4 times a day rather than 40mg all at once. As with all Dx and Rx some collaboration with the doctor and experimentation by the Px is required to find the right Rx dosage for the symptoms. I am able to ride bike, walk and drive, get around, but no quick reflex activity."

DJDJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I started baclofen 10mg three times a day because I started having painful muscle spasms in both legs usually at night. The spasms are taking longer to end. Bruising is sometimes noticeable.I started taking the drug 3 months ago, after a car accident.A brain injury was diagnosed."

hansomx2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Started taking for herniated discs in my neck which caused bad migraines. It's pointless to me. Actually gives me headaches. I honestly think Flexeril works better."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017