User Reviews for Baclofen

5.3

Summary of Baclofen reviews 7.0 287 reviews

Reviews for Baclofen

TexasJay7 July 10, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen saved my life and helped me successfully withdraw from benzodiazepines, opiates AND gabapentin. I am now 23 days clean from a 14-month 2 mg/day clonazepam habit. I rapidly tapered down to 0.5 mg for a few days and made the jump cold turkey. I think the more prudent thing to do here is a slow, longer taper, but I wanted to rip the band-aid off and start healing. For 2 weeks, I experienced a lot of bad symptoms. It was scary. But during this time, I took very high doses of Baclofen (up to 200 mg/day), and believe it or not, I actually got some sleep. In the beginning it was just cat naps, but gradually I slept more and more, and now I am sleeping 6-7 hours per night and have energy throughout the day. As a matter of fact, I'm exercising at the gym and even started martial arts! I am not going to say it was fun, but the Baclofen somehow kept the physical withdrawals in check long enough until the clouds broke...and the sun began to shine again. You can do it too!!!"

Cat with no tale · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 8, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "Baclofen is a true godsend in helping with my bouts of depression. I experience depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts from time to time which makes it difficult to function. I take Baclofen specifically when I find myself in this state and it pulls me out of the darkness every time. I’ve taken antidepressants in the past and have not found them to be helpful. When I take Baclofen, I experience what I can only describe as a levelling out of my brain chemistry. In the future, I hope Baclofen will be acknowledged for its antidepressant properties."

JitterbugSs · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 26, 2019

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I find baclofen really helpful. My TMJD is caused by myofascial( muscle and fascia the tissue that covers the muscles) pain and dysfunction. I also developed muscle spasms in my face, neck and shoulder. I find baclofen short acting. I take quite a big dose, 20mg 3x a day but it has been a lifesaver for me. I couldn't function at all. The spasms in my jaw spread to my eyelids which flickered uncontrollably leaving me unable to see. This med has really calmed everything down. I find at this dose it does cause fatigue and mild weakness in my leg muscles but compared to the relief I get I'm more than willing to put up with it. TMJD can be caused by problems with the muscles or the jaw joint itself. If it's a jaw joint problem then it probably won't work but for muscle dysfunction its definitely worth a try."

Babs · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Baclofen is the only muscle relaxant my Pain Dr. will prescribe for me. - I have arthritis in my neck that causes headache pain. Seriously sugar pills do better. Absolutely does nothing. Taking the prescribed amount of one 10 MG tab every 8 hours. Definitely does nothing for my headaches."

Pie · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Horrible medication , took it for the first time tonight , fell asleep, woke up and felt I was not alive !!! I started having panic attack thought I was going to end at E.R , Never again am I taking this medication ."

Jax · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Does absolutely nothing for my neck pain."

Benzofool · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen is amazing for benzo withdrawal. It simply removes all the anxiety and depression that comes with any benzo withdrawals. You need to get to at least 30-60mg though. Baclofen should revolutionise the benzo withdrawal or recovery treatment. Ask your doctor for some and free yourself from this nasty disease. I just fear the withdrawals now from baclofen but I’ve heard they are nowhere near as severe as coming off benzos"

illogicalSoul · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "Baclofen made me feel weird and didn't relieve any pain of trigeminal neuralgia"

Van · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2019

For Spasticity: "I've been taking this for the pain in my right calf for 17 days now, 5mg 3 times daily and honestly I don't feel any difference. Either my dosage is low or I'm taking a placebo either way I need to go back to Dr to be reassessed"

Cj 04 · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2019

For Neuralgia: "Was put on baclofen 3 days ago for neuralgia and a little annoyed the doctor's never put me on it sooner. What a relief I've gotten. Managed to get a whole nights sleep comfortable which makes a huge difference to your day. No side effects as yet not feeling sleepy with it either. I've been suffering from on going rib pain and rib subluxation for years. Now query I have intercostal neuralgia. I'm just happy something is working for me and the spasms are under control."

Soarky · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I fell and have had muscle spasms in my mid and upper back. Couldn’t sleep it hurt so bad. Had massage. Took steam shower. Took Advil. Went to my doctor and get this rubbish drug. I took it as prescribed and it’s like a placebo. It didn’t do anything at all. Calling back my doctor for something else first thing today!"

Red · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 3, 2019

For Neuralgia: "I was on this for sciatic nerve, Baclofen just knocked me out, I have nodded off continually & had memory loss. No one should ever get behind the wheel of a vehicle while taking this medication"

gsfnw78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After several trips to rehab and AA over 18 years, I discovered Baclofen for alcohol withdrawal and it works - it's changed my life. I had some success through traditional means but I always fell back because I never stopped craving alcohol. Thinking about drinking still made my brain "tickle" and anxiety kick in. After a short time taking baclofen I can say that it changed my brain, and I now have ZERO reaction to alcohol stimuli. I'm a free man, thanks to baclofen and my Doctor being willing to give it a chance!"

Pop · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Wife took 2 pills on a Thursday. 20 mg about 10 hours apart. Friday called ems for having a Seziure. Now in ICU fighting for her life. It has been 4 days now. She had prior strokes and stage four kidney disease. Be careful if you take this drug."

BigRav · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Just started Baclofen on Friday. Today is Monday. Will up to 20 mg and then 30 mg and on. I am praying that this works. At least, this site is fairly current. "

Basil-n-beans January 15, 2019

For Migraine Prevention: "An amazing drug for suppressing migraines. Sleep well, mind completely shuts off, though dreams are soooo real and a bit unsettling. Often a migraine will kick off but the meds hold it at 1% pain all day . I always take 10mg baclofen twice a day along with 2100 mg gabapentin. Dealing with fibromyalgia too and this drug combo helps with pain. The muscles get relaxed and enable less painful exercise. Another beneficial side effect is reducing hypertension and slowing pulse to 60 BPM. Suffered for 30 years with migraines ,up to 3 per week. Down to 2 per month now, which get aborted with sumatriptan."

Baclor · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been taking baclofen for 2 months and my anxiety for alcohol is less than when I was in 12 steps. I got sober for 3 years once but then the monster appeared again so I relapsed. But now I'm sober again and hoping it lasts "

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medication is just a wonder. I suffered from depression plus alcohol abuse 1l vodka day for a long time. My doc was willing to give me very high dose of baclofen. This is just a miracle... craving almost done... not even willing to get one tiny shoot of vodka just for the buzz. Depression gone too mood increases a lot and sociability never been so high. I do ponder why this drug is not used more for psychiatric disorder too ...."

MrFred October 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Had severe Muscle Spasm on Thursday evening and took a total of of 2 tablets one Thurs. and one Fri. morning. The following of what happened I have no recollection of and it has only been told to me. Fri. morning I was sitting in my recliner and had to go to bathroom and I could not get out of the chair by myself. with help I was taken to the bathroom door. My lady friend could not get me into bathroom. She said she looked at my eyes and said my eyes were wide open but no one was home, and she called EMS. while being transported to hospital I stopped breathing and again in the ER at hospital. At that time I was put on life support. After many test which all came up negative it was the consensus it had to be the medication as I had never taken Baclofen before. After more than a week in the hospital I am exhibiting no after effects."

Dora October 10, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Tried it for several months. As dose increased to 40, 40, 30, I experienced severe twitching one day which culminated in convulsions when asleep which I have never had before. It was terrifying. I had been following strict Dr's orders and increasing doses over long periods when symptoms lessened. I believe I experienced severe baclofen toxicity which if you research you will see that it is becoming a common life threatening side effect of high dose baclofen. I would not recommend this therapy. "

Shaun · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Take Baclofen for degenerative disc disease and sciatica. This stuff works great. Takes my pain from an 8 or 9 to a 4. I have also found Baclofen to work wonders for my severe debilitating anxiety. I take 10mg 3x daily"

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2018

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I have extreme muscle tension of the jaw, head muscles, neck, and shoulders. I started taking 10mg of baclofen 3x per day, it wasn’t working so I increased my dose and it still isn’t working. Why isn’t it working?!?"

ChronicHeartburn · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 29, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I took this for terrible back pain, and noticed it also completely got rid of migraines. I only take it at night as it makes me drowsy. It works better than any inflammatory or pain relief medication I’ve ever taken. It’s the only thing that allows me to sleep when I get back spasms of migraines"

Raven · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Made me stupid. Couldn’t process thoughts properly. Gave me muscle twitches. Made me so sleepy I couldn’t stay awake. Would NEVER recommend."

Cin · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

Lioresal (baclofen) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "On baclofen for severe pain in arms and legs. Very effective for that disorder. Must take exactly on time or pain returns right away. Side effects are headache, diarrhea and tiredness."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)