User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 45 reviews 17 medications

Muscle Twitching 2 reviews 2 medications

5.3
Summary of Baclofen reviews 203 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "I was diagnosed with a muscular neurological disorder of unknown origin - SPS - with both my legs becoming stiff and my feet cramping a lot, with no control over lower bodily functions. I was given an Rx @ 20mg X 2 daily and was told to watch gastro for side effects. Didn't really have any problems there but the Rx worked at getting me ambulatory again. I tried to up it to 40mg X 2 daily but it made me sleepy and the Neuro told me better to take the 20 3 or 4 times a day rather than 40mg all at once. As with all Dx and Rx some collaboration with the doctor and experimentation by the Px is required to find the right Rx dosage for the symptoms. I am able to ride bike, walk and drive, get around, but no quick reflex activity."

DJDJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "I started baclofen 10mg three times a day because I started having painful muscle spasms in both legs usually at night. The spasms are taking longer to end. Bruising is sometimes noticeable.I started taking the drug 3 months ago, after a car accident.A brain injury was diagnosed."

hansomx2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "Started taking for herniated discs in my neck which caused bad migraines. It's pointless to me. Actually gives me headaches. I honestly think Flexeril works better."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "I took this for 1 week and not only did it do nothing for my muscle spasms but it made me depressed. I had never been like this in my life!!! Thankfully I realized what was happening and stopped taking them immediately. So, ineffective and severe side effect. Not taking ever again. "

QuailLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia: "Fell into hard sleep. Didn't hear door knock, or phone call or messages alert. I woke but couldn't move my legs. This happened on 3 different occasions within a 4 hr. period. I tried to call out but voice too weak to be heard. It was an out of body experience for sure!"

Canjay (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "I'm on 20 mg of baclofen tid and it works pretty good, takes a little while for it to kick in, but it helps subside my pain/cramps in my legs. I need to ask my doctor to increase my dosage due to the medication not lasting long enough. Overall is a pretty good medication."

Fibromyalgia lady (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "The guy who posted earlier said it well. I used a very high dose of alprazolam for 2 years. Baclofen saved me time and pain from Alprazolam withdrawal. Not sure why Xanax withdrawal treatments aren't incorporating Baclofen."

Xanax withdrawals (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medicine is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It helped me regain my life, drastically cut back alcohol and eliminate my panic attacks."

Meme070712 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "I have tried tegretol , aventyl could not handle the side effects . Baclofen calms the pain down enough that I can work and take care of my kids. The pains never completely gone but it wasn't on any of the other meds. I also take 2 mg of clonazepam. I take 80 mg of baclofen 20 mg 4 times a day"

Jcmr January 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Neuralgia: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and neuropathy. I was in horrible pain all I did was lay in bed and the spasms through my whole body were just horrific. The neurologist put me on 10 mg of baclofen to start, finally moving up to 20 mg a day. It brought my quality of life completely back.it took the neuropathy completely away and quite a bit of the pain from the fibromyalgia. When I got the prescription filled the first 90 day prescription of baclofen was made by a company called IVAX And as I stated worked very well. When I went in for a refill the pharmacy gave me baclofen made by LANNETT and it had a horrible side effects, I brought it back and they exchanged it for the original baclofen made by IVAX Since then I've had no problems."

DELBRO (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Cervical Dystonia: "After trying several muscle relaxants, w very little success, I read a monograph from NSTA noting success in a limited study. Tried it 10mg 3x/day and it is equal to off-label benzodiazipines. NOTE: It does NOT improve pain from any underlying damage, only that directly related to the spasms!! It also improved my sleep by lessening nighttime stiffness (I also take 500mg magnesium at bedtime) Side effects are tolerable however- Do not take with narcotics or alcohol "

JD in FL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I drank heavily for 26 years. In a drunken stupor, I called my sibling one evening, and told her I was at my wits end, and needed help for my alcoholism. I didn't recall our conversation the next morning, but regrettably, (at least that morning) I let my dirty little secret out of the bag, and she wasn't willing to continue watching me kill myself; so, I relunctantly agreed to get help. Ugh! What a mess I was! I wasn't even this rehab because I truly wanted to be. I felt so alone and scared. I was certain I would relapse as soon as I got out of there. But! the doctor there placed me on baclofen for a muscle disorder I have, so trust me, this was not a pseudo effect for me! It's been 2 years, and I'm still sober!!!"

Back Lo Fan! December 23, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dystonia: "I was told by a friend that Baclofen would be better for me rather than the Rivotril I had been taking for a number of years. I slowly reduced the number of drips I'd Rivotril and started taking 1 x 10 mg Baclofen at night. Unfortunately I had a migraine each following morning and was forced to drop the Baclofen after a month's trial and recommce with my Rivotril which has no bad side effects that I'm aware of."

SporranMac December 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I had tried to quit drinking with no success. I'm sure I had tried this 30-40 times since my early 20's. I'm now 35. I have wrecked my life. The last time I tried to stop was 3 months ago. I was having the usual problems of not being able to sleep. Several times while trying to quit drinking I would go four to five days without sleep. I would have auditory hallucinations. I would hear music playing sadley in the background but there would be no actual music playing. This happened on several occassions while trying to quit. Sleep deprivation was really a scary thing for me so I had a friend that had muscle relaxers and she gave me roughly 30 or so of them. I had never heard of Baclofen before ever. This was a random discovery for me"

Alex1250 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "First prescribed Baclofen orally for MS. Legs are turning into concrete. I was a zombie for about a year. 7 years ago I made the decision to have a baclofen pump implanted with meds going directly to my spine for my legs. Totally changed my life. No more zombie and spasms under control.(also had dilaudid in pump). Much smaller, concentrated doses going where they need to.It is now time to have surgery to implant another pump, 7 year battery life. I will have to go back on oral doses until healed from surgery. After that refill once a month and good for another 7 years. MS is getting worse but planning on giving it a hell of a fight....lol"

MSdanni (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "I don't notice it working. I notice when it stops. Example. I had a physical therapy pool session. I overslept and took my 10mg dose 30 minutes before pool time. I started my session shuffling my feet along the pool floor. 30 minutes in to my pool time I could pick my knees up like a drum majorette. I convinced my PT about the value of Baclofen. Like other antispasmodics and pain pills, Baclofen starts working in one hour. It's helpful to set your alarm an hour early and take it before you get out of bed. I take it for a mitochondrial myopathy. I always have a low level of spasms that become like charley horses with activity."

Pippinsays (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Side effects have been bad, considered stopping medication, but persevered! Three days ago, I started to be more clear headed, more optimistic and excited, as I believe this drug is working, beyond my expectations. Does anyone know if all of the side effects will stop, the longer I take it??"

Puffa (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lioresal (baclofen) for Chronic Spasticity: "Taken for chronic neck pain. Not only did it not help my neck pain but also triggered a migraine and made me very nauseous. It also caused drowsiness and chills."

Namaste927 November 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "This medication didn't agree with me. Dr had me on it to see if it help my plm and restless legs. Didn't help with my symptoms plus it made me unbearably drowsy to the point I fell asleep on the toilet in middle of nighttime. At the same time I never felt as if I were sleeping well. I wanted off of them quickly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "Baclofen, has changed my life. CP suffer back surgery , spinal athritis , pinched nerves in my neck. And lower back, before baclofen, 6 panadine forte a day, now I take 3 . 10 mg tabs per day. Of baclofen No more back spasms. Might take 4 panadine forte a week now. Have been on endep for 2 years. But it doesn't compare. Wonderful ."

Poison apple November 1, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had daily headaches for over 10 years and migraines for much longer. I started taking 2 twice a day for muscle spasms from an injury. It has helped with the daily headaches and migraines are less. The muscle pain is much better too. I also take Rizatriptan for the migraines as needed."

jess1116 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Fantastic for Xanax Withdrawals. 12 years on Xanax, 4 months trying to come off. Worst 4 months of my life. Baclofen solved it overnight. Blurred vision & dizziness is a small price to pay. 90% of inpatient rehab industry could be replaced my Baclofen."

Bham,AL (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This works awesome and has taken away my alcohol cravings and allowed me to function with the need to drink. I first heard of the treatment in this podcast: http://www.radiolab.org/story/addiction/ I then did significant research, and found a local treatment group that was willing to take me and the Baclofen therapy on. Started at 10mg/day/week and increased 10mg/day/week. Continued to drink. Hit a wall at 200mg/day due to significant fatigue and quit drinking. (Ameisen's "trigger"). Reduced to 180mg/day and maintained for 30 days. Then reduced 10mg/week until cravings returned at 90mg. Now on a 100mg/day maintenance dose. Good protocol here: www.sciencedomain.org/download/MjQ1OUBAcGY.pdf"

WillyV October 12, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "after just a few days' dosing at 1 20mg every six hours, I started to feel peculiar in the GI tract...all kinds of strangeness. The drug didn't do enough good for the purpose prescribed, so I quit it and returned the drug to the pharmacy for disposal."

Rhomom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Muscle Spasm: "Ithink its great no real problems with side afects."

Red68 October 4, 2016