User Reviews for Baclofen systemic

Muscle Twitching
5.3

Summary of Baclofen reviews 7.1 271 reviews

Reviews for Baclofen

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medication is just a wonder. I suffered from depression plus alcohol abuse 1l vodka day for a long time. My doc was willing to give me very high dose of baclofen. This is just a miracle... craving almost done... not even willing to get one tiny shoot of vodka just for the buzz. Depression gone too mood increases a lot and sociability never been so high. I do ponder why this drug is not used more for psychiatric disorder too ...."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Had severe Muscle Spasm on Thursday evening and took a total of of 2 tablets one Thurs. and one Fri. morning. The following of what happened I have no recollection of and it has only been told to me. Fri. morning I was sitting in my recliner and had to go to bathroom and I could not get out of the chair by myself. with help I was taken to the bathroom door. My lady friend could not get me into bathroom. She said she looked at my eyes and said my eyes were wide open but no one was home, and she called EMS. while being transported to hospital I stopped breathing and again in the ER at hospital. At that time I was put on life support. After many test which all came up negative it was the consensus it had to be the medication as I had never taken Baclofen before. After more than a week in the hospital I am exhibiting no after effects."

MrFred October 15, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Tried it for several months. As dose increased to 40, 40, 30, I experienced severe twitching one day which culminated in convulsions when asleep which I have never had before. It was terrifying. I had been following strict Dr's orders and increasing doses over long periods when symptoms lessened. I believe I experienced severe baclofen toxicity which if you research you will see that it is becoming a common life threatening side effect of high dose baclofen. I would not recommend this therapy. "

Dora October 10, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Take Baclofen for degenerative disc disease and sciatica. This stuff works great. Takes my pain from an 8 or 9 to a 4. I have also found Baclofen to work wonders for my severe debilitating anxiety. I take 10mg 3x daily"

Shaun (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I have extreme muscle tension of the jaw, head muscles, neck, and shoulders. I started taking 10mg of baclofen 3x per day, it wasn’t working so I increased my dose and it still isn’t working. Why isn’t it working?!?"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I took this for terrible back pain, and noticed it also completely got rid of migraines. I only take it at night as it makes me drowsy. It works better than any inflammatory or pain relief medication I’ve ever taken. It’s the only thing that allows me to sleep when I get back spasms of migraines"

ChronicHeartburn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Made me stupid. Couldn’t process thoughts properly. Gave me muscle twitches. Made me so sleepy I couldn’t stay awake. Would NEVER recommend."

Raven (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Lioresal (baclofen) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "On baclofen for severe pain in arms and legs. Very effective for that disorder. Must take exactly on time or pain returns right away. Side effects are headache, diarrhea and tiredness."

Cin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "First off, to the people expressing relief from this atrocity, let me say that I am glad it has worked for. That being said. My back pain has gone from severe to excruciating. I have no clue as to why, but I am discontinuing this Rx immediately. Dosage info. 10 mg 3x a day"

ncrebel (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Hi everyone, I have been on baclofen for 10 years now for Multiple sclerosis fibromyalgia diabetes rheumatoid arthritis. I'm always in chronic pain. I have muscle spasms in my whole body. Thankful for the baclofen because I don't have hardly any spasms now. I use to get spasm in my throat, my chest, hands, feet everywhere. It doesn't work for my pain but it works for spasms. I didn't think it was working, so I stopped taking it. In a couple of days I was in terrible shape!! I quickly dug them out of the closet and took some!I I stay in pain daily. I have many chronic health conditions that are not curable."

Gee-gee (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 26, 2018

For Spasticity: "Hi everyone, I take baclofen due to a brain stem tumour outcome, it left me with right sided hemiplegia so I’m full of spasticity down that side! Ouch! I find baclofen to be a great relief from spasams, not addictive, and pretty easy to take. If I forget I’ll know it, the cramps start. It does make you a little tired, but I’ve been on it for 3 years so I’m used to that. I feel like long term use, like I will be doing, could probably benifit from a baclofen pump (under the skin). But for now the pills are ok. I guess the only problem I have with it is that it’s short lived, wish there was a slow release pill. I’m in Australia and on disability, hence why meds cost $5.40 per month"

LucindaGee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2018

For Hiccups: "it's a quite good"

OC PC August 22, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen has worked for me. I read “An End to My Addiction” by Dr Amieson. He used Baclofen as an alcohol anti-craving drug. Fascinating read."

Mammy69 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I take baclofen for chronic back pain, and it gets the job done. I do get tired sometimes. I take 10mg 3x a day."

Gavin F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been a chronic alcoholic for 40 years eventually drinking 1 litre of bourbon every day for the last 4 years . It took my wife of 14 years to leave me before I saw a psychiatrist who prescribed me baclofen . Now after just 4 months I am no longer craving alcohol , my wife and I are reconciling and my whole life has seen a huge turn around. I feel extremely confident about not needing alcohol any more in my life and have baclofen and my psychiatrist to thank for saving not only my marriage but also my life. Thank you baclofen , " THE WONDER DRUG"."

Melvo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I personally will NEVER TAKE THIS RX AGAIN !!! I'd just gotten a Rx for a 30 days worth at a dose of 3 times a day. I took it one day & ended up in 2 different ER's & then I was admitted for 2 day's! !! All the tests I was put through, first of all, 4 out of 5 of them weren't too bad & one was a living nightmare. It came down to, that was the ONLY thing I'd had that was different. It's now a med. that I have to put on a severe allergic reaction to. So, thanks ever so much to the manufacturer of that med. for totally putting me through the worst experience"

Tonie (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia: "I take 10mg baclofen before sleep when I need to unclench jaw muscles before sleep - it makes me sleepy also and usually I worry less bout loss of muscle control. Any more than 10mgs turns me into a forget everything nodding off zombie but thank heavens there's something that relaxes my face if only for a little while."

CJ (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "My alcohol dependence started in my mid 30s and has lasted 10 years. I have been hospitalised several times due to it and I have managed to stay sober for good periods sometimes. But, as others have said, I always felt miserable when I was dry. Baclofen, in combination has changed my life, I now no longer crave alcohol and I feel as if my zest for life has returned. I just can't praise it enough. Go Baclofen!"

systemlord (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I began Baclofen about 2 years ago for chronic insomnia related to bipolar 2. The dosage is 30-50mg/night. It has been effective at 30mg at bedtime, vastly better than benzodiazepines or Z-drugs. I have not experienced side effects."

sf100 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "My goodness, I have been looking for years to find relief. for muscle spasm. Baclofen 10mg has been a godsend. Pain gone. Thanks to my wonderful Dr. "

Joy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "This drug was very effective. I was despairing of finding a solution to my temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome, with my jaw locking constantly and causing pain. It took a few weeks, and I ended up splitting the dose to make the effects last longer, but it stopped the locking. I now keep a supply to hand for flare ups. I would highly recommend it."

DW (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Was Rx'd Baclofen by a psychiatrist during intense "P/T Mngt" Program for Cervical Spine. Found it ineffective as a Muscle Relaxant & when my upper body would seize together in a "lock down", Baclofen did not budge a fibre loose. I give it a 0 in comparison to Valium (Diazepam), which was Rx'd by my psychiatrist who saw my physical distress. Valium is in the Benzo class (Ativan, Zanax) but it functions primarily by relaxing muscles. For me, no dependence or withdrawal symptoms."

MagneticEM (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I fell at home and I twisted my leg. The muscles in the back of my leg we're swollen. I have now taken one 10mg pill twice a d for 2 days and my leg is 80percent better. I can bend my leg and the pain is almost gone. I will recommend this medication to everybody. No side effects at all. I believe it depends on the person. Thanks"

Terry. (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia: "I am prescribed baclofen 20 mgs 3xs a day..I had to cut that dosage back as this med causes extreme lethargy and sleepiness. It does very little for the horrific muscle spasms..but? Telling doctors this is like talking to a wall..so I use it as my sleep aid because Drs. Do not want to prescribe anything for that either..can't win.."

Haji Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Yeah the drug works. No more back spasms, and no pain at all. Side effects many this is my first time using it will not use again. Dizzy, stomach aches, sleepiness. A doctor at the VA in Atlanta, Ga recommended it to me. I am not a disabled veteran, if I was I would be able to get my teeth fixed."

pat (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018