User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 41 reviews 19 medications

Muscle Twitching 2 reviews 2 medications

5.3
Summary of Baclofen reviews 189 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "First prescribed Baclofen orally for MS. Legs are turning into concrete. I was a zombie for about a year. 7 years ago I made the decision to have a baclofen pump implanted with meds going directly to my spine for my legs. Totally changed my life. No more zombie and spasms under control.(also had dilaudid in pump). Much smaller, concentrated doses going where they need to.It is now time to have surgery to implant another pump, 7 year battery life. I will have to go back on oral doses until healed from surgery. After that refill once a month and good for another 7 years. MS is getting worse but planning on giving it a hell of a fight....lol"

MSdanni (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I don't notice it working. I notice when it stops. Example. I had a physical therapy pool session. I overslept and took my 10mg dose 30 minutes before pool time. I started my session shuffling my feet along the pool floor. 30 minutes in to my pool time I could pick my knees up like a drum majorette. I convinced my PT about the value of Baclofen. Like other antispasmodics and pain pills, Baclofen starts working in one hour. It's helpful to set your alarm an hour early and take it before you get out of bed. I take it for a mitochondrial myopathy. I always have a low level of spasms that become like charley horses with activity."

Pippinsays (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Side effects have been bad, considered stopping medication, but persevered! Three days ago, I started to be more clear headed, more optimistic and excited, as I believe this drug is working, beyond my expectations. Does anyone know if all of the side effects will stop, the longer I take it??"

Puffa (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Lioresal (baclofen) for Chronic Spasticity: "Taken for chronic neck pain. Not only did it not help my neck pain but also triggered a migraine and made me very nauseous. It also caused drowsiness and chills."

Namaste927 November 24, 2016

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "This medication didn't agree with me. Dr had me on it to see if it help my plm and restless legs. Didn't help with my symptoms plus it made me unbearably drowsy to the point I fell asleep on the toilet in middle of nighttime. At the same time I never felt as if I were sleeping well. I wanted off of them quickly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Baclofen, has changed my life. CP suffer back surgery , spinal athritis , pinched nerves in my neck. And lower back, before baclofen, 6 panadine forte a day, now I take 3 . 10 mg tabs per day. Of baclofen No more back spasms. Might take 4 panadine forte a week now. Have been on endep for 2 years. But it doesn't compare. Wonderful ."

Poison apple November 1, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had daily headaches for over 10 years and migraines for much longer. I started taking 2 twice a day for muscle spasms from an injury. It has helped with the daily headaches and migraines are less. The muscle pain is much better too. I also take Rizatriptan for the migraines as needed."

jess1116 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Fantastic for Xanax Withdrawals. 12 years on Xanax, 4 months trying to come off. Worst 4 months of my life. Baclofen solved it overnight. Blurred vision & dizziness is a small price to pay. 90% of inpatient rehab industry could be replaced my Baclofen."

Bham,AL (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This works awesome and has taken away my alcohol cravings and allowed me to function with the need to drink. I first heard of the treatment in this podcast: http://www.radiolab.org/story/addiction/ I then did significant research, and found a local treatment group that was willing to take me and the Baclofen therapy on. Started at 10mg/day/week and increased 10mg/day/week. Continued to drink. Hit a wall at 200mg/day due to significant fatigue and quit drinking. (Ameisen's "trigger"). Reduced to 180mg/day and maintained for 30 days. Then reduced 10mg/week until cravings returned at 90mg. Now on a 100mg/day maintenance dose. Good protocol here: www.sciencedomain.org/download/MjQ1OUBAcGY.pdf"

WillyV October 12, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "after just a few days' dosing at 1 20mg every six hours, I started to feel peculiar in the GI tract...all kinds of strangeness. The drug didn't do enough good for the purpose prescribed, so I quit it and returned the drug to the pharmacy for disposal."

Rhomom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Ithink its great no real problems with side afects."

Red68 October 4, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this medication for my back after 3 days I lost my muscle coordination dropping drinks my glasses could not focus within in 4 hours I fainted an woke up in hospital 2 days later don't know if it was a stroke or short coma. No one will tell me exactly what happened to me after 2 days off this medication I have had no symptoms. This is a very bad drug"

Joanifer September 26, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen saved my life. I was drinking 24/7 for ten years, up to four bottles of wine a day. I had tried everything to quit drinking. Then I read 'The end of my addiction' by Dr. Ameisen which started me on the road to sobriety. I had a lot of side effects and had to increase my Baclofen dose very, very slowly, but it worked! I am now totally free of any craving for alcohol. There is a new website with lots of good information at baclofentreatment.com. This was created by an emergency room physician that was treating her patients with Baclofen."

SoberBecauseOfBaclofen (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Fell and hurt my back 4 years ago. Suffered from Spasticity in my back, legs and neck ever since. Been taking 10 mg 3 times a day every since. To me this is one of those drugs that you really can't tell you are taking it until you run out. If for some reason I miss a dose I'm miserable. I'm not gonna say it removes all my pain, because it doesn't, but it does allow me to manage the pain I'm in better. The only side effect I noticed was when I first took it I had very vivid dreams for the first few weeks, but that went away quickly."

Meluivan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Was actually put on this medication for hiccups and found that it had good muscle relaxer properties and also helped with mild anxiety."

sopranofan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Baclofen for intermittent spasticity in my thoracic back. Also for neck, and low back spasms/nerve pain, but it's been the thoracic pain in the past 2 years that more often than not is at times literally unbearable. My thoracic back at it's best is constant aching/stabbing. Baclofen stinks, it makes me severely groggy, (but so do many medications) and no pain relief even having tried between low to high dosages. 1500 mgs of Methocarbomol before bed is an oldie but a goodie. It'll put me to sleep during the day too, but at least it works and doesn't have the bizarre loopy type side effects. However I DO NOT take it with any other medication that causes drowsiness, no narcotics, no alcohol etc..."

Lina17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Was taking baclofen 20mg 3 times a day for cervical degenerative disc disease. I didn't think it really helped until I ran out, now I noticed that my neck hurts more and is stiffer. I moved out of state and now I don't qualify for insurance. I also had a hard time sleeping while taking it, but I also have insomnia so I can't say for sure if the baclofen was causing it or not. I just noticed a difference when I ran out."

Kansas62 August 22, 2016

For Spasticity: "I experienced severe breathing difficulties. If I hadn't had some salbutamol handy, I would most likely have gone into unconciousness. I have experienced fluid on the lung before & had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. Luckily I did have someone with me at the time who was able to call the ambulance when I passed out. I didn't regain conciousness until 5 hours later, waking in the emergency department of a hospital. Something I would not like to happen again."

Einir August 21, 2016

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I have managed TMJ for all of my adult life, but the last 2 years have been the worst. For nearly 18 months I was maxed out on naproxen to manage pain and still taking acetaminophen in between - and all that did was take the edge off the pain. I was still severely limited in what I could eat. Steroid injections did nothing. I was then prescribed 10mg of baclofen. That did nothing. But 20mg was a whole different story. It has now been 2 months, and I have stopped taking all pain medication completely! I can enjoy a range of foods again and no longer suffer from chronic pain. I am still awaiting a consult for surgery, but in the meantime baclofen has been a real game changer!!!"

DVRW August 1, 2016

Lioresal (baclofen) for Alcohol Withdrawal: "At 125 mg greatly helped reduce the craving but had to lower the dose due to side effects such as sleep apeneia and extreme tiredness. Currently in 60 mg . In conclusion it helped me a lot but I had severe side effects ."

xandecool (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia: "I have severe cervical dystonia. I was on Zanaflex for years. It helped reduce the amount of pain. Then my liver levels got high, Doctor took me off of Zanaflex. He prescribed Baclofen in its place. It's horrible. Doesn't help pain, stiffness, anything really. Huge disappointment."

EllieGirl270 June 10, 2016

For Cervical Dystonia: "Doesnt do much for the pain. Take 20 mg x2 per day. Helps with tight muscles."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I wanted so badly to be cured but its not a cure. I'm still an alcoholic but it gave me severe depression. I'm back on antabuse. It works for me but my cravings are intense. I was sooooo hoping I could be normal. Fools gold"

Only Antabuse works May 29, 2016

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I had been abusing alcohol for around 3 years when I landed myself in the hospital ED and the ED doctor prescribed me baclofen. I started on 40mg per day, and this was not enough as I relapsed several times. I am now on 150mg a day which is my perfect dose. I no longer crave alcohol like I used to, and my anxiety feels more under control. I have gone back to study and started to rebuild broken relationships. Baclofen has been my miracle drug!"

katie_2507 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

For Dystonia: "I have an undiagnosed muscular condition coupled with JRA and borderline personality disorder. I only just started baclofen a week ago, 10mg 3x a day. I don't think I've ever NOT felt pain-- it's amazing. My pain level was so high all the time and it helped with the overall/daily pain as well as the cramping. Only downsides being that I appear to have side effects like dizziness, confusion, balance problems, and worsening psychotic symptoms. I've experienced some low-level hallucinations/spatial distortions (floor looks like it's moving or the walls are breathing) which is more confusing that concerning. Only downsides to this medicine besides sleeping (which I love as an insomniac)!"

Jamie1803 May 13, 2016