User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal

Muscle Twitching
5.3

Summary of Baclofen reviews 6.8 235 reviews

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "I have a rare form of muscular dystrophy this drug lets me lead a normal life. Been on it for over 17 years now, no side affects, but takes away my spastic problems. Highly recommend and so grateful for it."

Sholl December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "The VA started me about 3 weeks ago for my Severe neck pain, spinal issue and I actually thought I got placebo instead. Not touching the pain, especially at night. Waiting on MRI before further meds are changed or prescribed. Been having spinal issues for 30+ years due to a fall. Had hardware installed and bone taken out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hiccups: "I had hiccups also with TIA and my son who had chemo and radiation and also had non stop hiccups was prescribed baclofen. It helped."

Bob, also had hiccups October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I take 10mg 3 times a day, this medicine does nothing for my pain. It side effect is that make me hyper..."

CTBelle October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Unless you have MS or are in DIRE need of spasticity reduction, i would recommend no one take this stuff. It is a nasty, nasty, nasty drug, made me feel out of it, slurred speech. It also caused me to develop sleep apnea, and it also increased my anxiety. It also makes it hard to breathe when laying down. Weaning off of it was awful, wave after wave of anxiety and then aggression. I'd rather have back spasms then feel the way it did. I weaned totally off it 48 hrs ago and I've had hiccups for 14 hrs and some agitation."

Lawdawg79 October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Hi all I'm new to this site, just wanted to say after drinking 2 bottles of wine a night I'm finally seeing a GP in Perth WA today who's prescribing be Baclofen, I'm super excited!! In most cases how soon does it start working (I know everyone is different) and if I only drink of a night time to I need take during the day too? Thanks"

Daybreak1964 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "horrific,"

james.e September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "3 months ago I quit drinking and have been taking Baclofen and Campral for cravings with great results. After a couple of weeks on Valium for detox plus Campral for cravings my Dr agreed to prescribe Baclofen which I am finding is calming. I was drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a night and had tried to quit many many times - lasting from days to a few months. What is very different this time is I am not having to fight myself and constantly 'self- talk' - feel much more peaceful. Baclofen does have side effects for me at higher doses. I had to reduce when I got to 75 mg i.e fatigue, swollen ankles and trouble with 'finding my words' but it's worth it without any doubt. Am now on 30-40 mg and managing well."

Arowan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lioresal (baclofen) for Neuralgia: "I have been taking lioresal (baclofen) 10mg 3 x per day, for 3 days now. The side effects are immense! After 20 mins I lose all sense of balance, get a major headache, and need to urinate frequently (which is difficult when lack of balance screws up walking ability!) It knocks me out for hours. Side effects last approx 6 hrs. I have cut down to twice a day now because I can't handle the side effects. Only positive is the pain eases (I have intercostal neuralgia) but not 100% pain relief- maybe 70%. I plan to visit the Dr and get off it asap."

Slord (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been drinking alcohol seriously for 40 years. I have stopped drinking before but always had cravings and eventually went back to drinking. This time I have not had cravings and don't even think about alcohol the majority of evenings. This has only been going a month now so take that into consideration. I read something about baclofen and alcohol withdrawal 2 days ago and recalled that my back doctor had given me a prescription for it and I have only taken it 2 or 3 times this month. I have been curious as to why I have not had any cravings. Perhaps it was the few Baclofen I have taken."

fred mertz (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Taking it for a week 10mg twice a day I have spasms in the back and migraines. This has increased my headaches and does nothing for my back pain. I am weaning myself off of this medication I am constantly sick to my stomach and dizzy. Worst med ever"

Tasha Lo August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "To be considered a "lower class" of relaxants, I found that it actually worked better than expected. And there is little to no risk of becoming dependant/addicted to this drug. . Overall very pleased"

One_stiffneck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have only used baclofen for 3 weeks but I can say it is truly a miracle drug for me. I have suffered from chronic pain for 20 years after a motorcycle accident that resulted in fractures of T1 2 in 3 of my transverse processes and displacement of 2 other vertebras including 13 other fractures including punctured lungs and separations in my shoulder and clavicle. I know everybody on this post has serious pain. I tried every narcotic pain medication even becoming chemically dependent and eventually addicted to many of them and 4 other muscle relaxers and every other treatment (PT, acupuncture surgeries etc.) that I'm sure everybody on this board has tried. I have serious scar tissue in my upper back lower neck which caused me constant and severe pain. I stumbled upon baclofen going to urgent care to get a toradol shot just to make it so I could sleep that night. After I woke up the next morning taking my 1st dose of baclofen I had 50%+ pain reduction! For those of you that suffer from true chronic pain that is life affecting every minute of your life you can understand why I'm in tears writing this post. I cannot believe I had never tried this medication. I'm sure it does not work the same for everybody but when it works it is a miracle drug! I now can sleep the whole night and when I wake up in the morning I am not dreading a day of pain. Let me be clear I had 20 years of debilitating pain every minute I was awake unless I sedated myself so much that I could finally fall asleep. I went to four detox centers and two rehabs Because of all the opiate pain medications I was taking and then became addicted to. I have been suffering through taking naltrexone to keep me from using narcotic pain meds to escape from my pain. I have a whole new life at age 42 now. I pray that this medication works as well for anybody else reading or posting on this site. God bless all of you suffering."

Fowbr01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "A slow descent into alcohol and cigarette addiction over twenty years finally had me in its grip last year. With too many near disasters to contemplate over the years and a denial system verging on insanity, I was given less than a year to live. From a bright, middle class male to an unshaven, stinking 8 stone mess, retching, panic attacks, barely able to stand up, hiding bottles, then not caring about hiding anything, alcohol had me. I had multiple seizures before Christmas and in front of my 'friends' was bundled off into an ambulance. I was told very firmly that these were the 'end days'. I had seen others around me die. I bought the book by Amiesen and took his advice. I am now teetotal, healthy and have no cravings. I am made new."

Hypteronomachia August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "was prescribed baclofen for dystonia .(muscles spasms)..they slowed the spasms a bit but it also left me sitting on the sofa like a useless lump of flesh. Horrible drug and side effects"

Richieee (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have taken this medication for a few years and I prefer this shape because it's easier to break. My Pharmacy just switched me to the round pills which I was unhappy about because I can't break those ones as easily and I have yet to find a good pill cutter. I wish they would all be in this shape when pills need to be broken."

Sincerely12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After 30 years of addictions, mainly alcohol, I am finally free. Baclofen changed my life completely. The best part for me is it seemed to switch off the complulsion for it, easily with no fight or sense of loss."

Lucy's-lot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Well, a doctor got me hooked on gabapentin (long story, not my first iatrogenic drug dependence), could not wean myself off it without extreme, disabling suffering lasting perhaps a year total. Now have a doc that is withdrawing me with 60 mg of baclofen and some carbazapine. So far, quite tolerable, and my gaba dose is down from 4350 mg/day to 3300 mg/day, for me a huge drop. So relieved! Gabapentin is poison, let's just hope I don't end up hooked on baclofen!"

RUPK July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Spinal Spasticity: "I was put on this medication and have been on it for about two 1/2 years. Recently my moods switched on and off light a light. My temper was out of control. Someone looked at me and we had a problem. On average I had high anxiety going on. I put them down and will not go back. I was pushing away everyone. I had ringing in the ears. Continuous sweating... STAY AWAY! Not good!"

Team Louisiana (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "Follow up on previous post. The overall relief is moderate. I went up to 80mg a day and that was unsafe too much muscle relaxation. 60mg a day and your emotions are exaggerated and temper becomes quicker. Affects my cardiac output and breathing about 35% and I become winded much easier. I'm off it now but may start again at smaller doses. I have read where some people get relief from as little as 20mg a day, but I don't think that will do the trick for me. I live in VA and a bill was just signed legalizing CBD oil for epilepsy and wonder why in the world they did no make it for TGN too."

ftnssb (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I had a terrible experience with panic attack. I do not believe this medication was appropriate for upper back pain, not identified as spasm."

marjeanine (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "very bad reaction. I took this for upper spinal pain and cold symptoms"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I got up one morning my eyes was swollen shut as the day processed my lips started swelling in thought it was do to my allergies then my face got a rash on my face then my tongue started to swell along with my throat had to go to the ER"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I began taking Baclofen 14 years ago. I started with 10 mg three times a day. After six months, my doctor increased it to 20 mg, and I eventually went to 40 mg twice times a day. Through all of this, I got only marginal relief. Last year, I had the intrathecal pump installed. So far, I still have had only marginal relief. My left hamstrings are very painful throughout the day. Massage is helpful, but very temporary. I'd love to find something that really relaxes my spasms."

Sailor Jim (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "My doctor prescribed this medication, along with 2 others I believe for opiate withdrawal. I'd have to say the combo of the 3 really did help & made life easier. She had me on the Baclofen for the muscle aches & pains, especially the lower back pain I would get. I would definitely recommend this to other addicts for withdrawal."

Jkeith1222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2017