User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Alcohol Withdrawal 50 reviews 17 medications

Muscle Twitching 2 reviews 2 medications

5.3
Summary of Baclofen reviews 213 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Baclofen

For Muscle Spasm: "I got up one morning my eyes was swollen shut as the day processed my lips started swelling in thought it was do to my allergies then my face got a rash on my face then my tongue started to swell along with my throat had to go to the ER"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I began taking Baclofen 14 years ago. I started with 10 mg three times a day. After six months, my doctor increased it to 20 mg, and I eventually went to 40 mg twice times a day. Through all of this, I got only marginal relief. Last year, I had the intrathecal pump installed. So far, I still have had only marginal relief. My left hamstrings are very painful throughout the day. Massage is helpful, but very temporary. I'd love to find something that really relaxes my spasms."

Sailor Jim (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "My doctor prescribed this medication, along with 2 others I believe for opiate withdrawal. I'd have to say the combo of the 3 really did help & made life easier. She had me on the Baclofen for the muscle aches & pains, especially the lower back pain I would get. I would definitely recommend this to other addicts for withdrawal."

Jkeith1222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Been a rather severe alcoholic for about 6 years. Owning a bar, I would drink in public about 8-10 beers and then disappear with a bottle of vodka. This continued for years until I took igoba, which helped tremendously, but I eventually went back to drinking more heavily as I started a brewery, oops, bad life choice for an alcoholic. Not having the time to visit an iboga clinic and working 16 hour days hung over I decided to give baclofen a try, at 120 mg I hit a "honeymoon" period and didn't drink for a week. It came back with a vengeance and had to keep upping my dose. Currently at 180 mgs, not drinking but don't think I am there yet. Side are horrible btw. Slowly abating. All I can say is stick with it, the stuff works."

Phat Rooster June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Drank a half bottle of vodka a day, 35 years old, drank for 1 year straight.. Took baclofen 60 mg a day at night, 2 weeks in. All of a sudden, urge and cravings are now finally going away. I have to almost make myself drink. Because I'm so used to a buzz, I'm 2 days into it working finally and have had maybe 4 shots. Compared to half a fifth daily.. Thank you baclofen"

Melanie1qqqqq May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I have ankylosing spondylitis. Very painful. Started taking baclofen five days ago. NO relief! Too early for good results? Excruciating pain! Where to get relief?"

Galensdad (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "After using 20 mg in evening...I was getting no relief from muscle spasms, so I spaced dose out to 20mg in afternoon and 20 mg at evening As I got sleepy and dozed off in my chair, I found myself waking, but not breathing, I would have to gasp for a large amount of air and wake up... This went on all evening This has never happened in my life before, I repeated this a few days later and same results OPEN MY EYES AND REALIZE I,M NOT BREATHING AND GASP FOR AS MUCH AIR AS I COULD TAKE.....VERY SCARY."

daLIO May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I've only been on the medication for a as days but it's the first time in years that I haven't had that seized knots in my back . So I am fairly happy with the medication despite the drowsiness its causing. I hope that in a few weeks the drowsiness will go away. At least it doesn't knock me out like Rosario or tizinadine does."

LuDena May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Self medicating for severe depression for around 20 years. The alcohol was inhibiting my antidepressants and making my depression worse. I lost my partner, my work, my hamster (stayed with my partner). Anyway, I have been on baclofen for about three months. As I hit 90mg a day about a week ago, my cravings suddenly vanished. I've gone from 2/3 bottles of wine a day, at the expense of anything, to no alcohol. No desire, gone. It doesn't even cross my mind. I never thought this would happen. Early days yet, so I have side effects- drowsiness and clumsiness. I am assured these will pass, and are tolerable in any case. As a bonus, this drug is generic so for 100 10mg tablets is about £5."

Pupperino (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After 35 years drinking so heavily my liver and kidneys packed up, continued to drink and tried several medications including a whole list of antidepressants, I was finally given a last option of trying Baclofen. It has completely changed my life and my families. Not only have I stopped drinking completely, I have no interest in it, but my anxiety has gone and my mood is stable and mostly upbeat. In my experience, if you are given the chance of Baclofen, grab it."

Lucys-lot April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I was diagnosed with a muscular neurological disorder of unknown origin - SPS - with both my legs becoming stiff and my feet cramping a lot, with no control over lower bodily functions. I was given an Rx @ 20mg X 2 daily and was told to watch gastro for side effects. Didn't really have any problems there but the Rx worked at getting me ambulatory again. I tried to up it to 40mg X 2 daily but it made me sleepy and the Neuro told me better to take the 20 3 or 4 times a day rather than 40mg all at once. As with all Dx and Rx some collaboration with the doctor and experimentation by the Px is required to find the right Rx dosage for the symptoms. I am able to ride bike, walk and drive, get around, but no quick reflex activity."

DJDJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I started baclofen 10mg three times a day because I started having painful muscle spasms in both legs usually at night. The spasms are taking longer to end. Bruising is sometimes noticeable.I started taking the drug 3 months ago, after a car accident.A brain injury was diagnosed."

hansomx2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "Started taking for herniated discs in my neck which caused bad migraines. It's pointless to me. Actually gives me headaches. I honestly think Flexeril works better."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I took this for 1 week and not only did it do nothing for my muscle spasms but it made me depressed. I had never been like this in my life!!! Thankfully I realized what was happening and stopped taking them immediately. So, ineffective and severe side effect. Not taking ever again. "

QuailLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia: "Fell into hard sleep. Didn't hear door knock, or phone call or messages alert. I woke but couldn't move my legs. This happened on 3 different occasions within a 4 hr. period. I tried to call out but voice too weak to be heard. It was an out of body experience for sure!"

Canjay (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I'm on 20 mg of baclofen tid and it works pretty good, takes a little while for it to kick in, but it helps subside my pain/cramps in my legs. I need to ask my doctor to increase my dosage due to the medication not lasting long enough. Overall is a pretty good medication."

Fibromyalgia lady (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "The guy who posted earlier said it well. I used a very high dose of alprazolam for 2 years. Baclofen saved me time and pain from Alprazolam withdrawal. Not sure why Xanax withdrawal treatments aren't incorporating Baclofen."

Xanax withdrawals (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medicine is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It helped me regain my life, drastically cut back alcohol and eliminate my panic attacks."

Meme070712 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "I have tried tegretol , aventyl could not handle the side effects . Baclofen calms the pain down enough that I can work and take care of my kids. The pains never completely gone but it wasn't on any of the other meds. I also take 2 mg of clonazepam. I take 80 mg of baclofen 20 mg 4 times a day"

Jcmr January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuralgia: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and neuropathy. I was in horrible pain all I did was lay in bed and the spasms through my whole body were just horrific. The neurologist put me on 10 mg of baclofen to start, finally moving up to 20 mg a day. It brought my quality of life completely back.it took the neuropathy completely away and quite a bit of the pain from the fibromyalgia. When I got the prescription filled the first 90 day prescription of baclofen was made by a company called IVAX And as I stated worked very well. When I went in for a refill the pharmacy gave me baclofen made by LANNETT and it had a horrible side effects, I brought it back and they exchanged it for the original baclofen made by IVAX Since then I've had no problems."

DELBRO (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "After trying several muscle relaxants, w very little success, I read a monograph from NSTA noting success in a limited study. Tried it 10mg 3x/day and it is equal to off-label benzodiazipines. NOTE: It does NOT improve pain from any underlying damage, only that directly related to the spasms!! It also improved my sleep by lessening nighttime stiffness (I also take 500mg magnesium at bedtime) Side effects are tolerable however- Do not take with narcotics or alcohol "

JD in FL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I drank heavily for 26 years. In a drunken stupor, I called my sibling one evening, and told her I was at my wits end, and needed help for my alcoholism. I didn't recall our conversation the next morning, but regrettably, (at least that morning) I let my dirty little secret out of the bag, and she wasn't willing to continue watching me kill myself; so, I relunctantly agreed to get help. Ugh! What a mess I was! I wasn't even this rehab because I truly wanted to be. I felt so alone and scared. I was certain I would relapse as soon as I got out of there. But! the doctor there placed me on baclofen for a muscle disorder I have, so trust me, this was not a pseudo effect for me! It's been 2 years, and I'm still sober!!!"

Back Lo Fan! December 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dystonia: "I was told by a friend that Baclofen would be better for me rather than the Rivotril I had been taking for a number of years. I slowly reduced the number of drips I'd Rivotril and started taking 1 x 10 mg Baclofen at night. Unfortunately I had a migraine each following morning and was forced to drop the Baclofen after a month's trial and recommce with my Rivotril which has no bad side effects that I'm aware of."

SporranMac December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I had tried to quit drinking with no success. I'm sure I had tried this 30-40 times since my early 20's. I'm now 35. I have wrecked my life. The last time I tried to stop was 3 months ago. I was having the usual problems of not being able to sleep. Several times while trying to quit drinking I would go four to five days without sleep. I would have auditory hallucinations. I would hear music playing sadley in the background but there would be no actual music playing. This happened on several occassions while trying to quit. Sleep deprivation was really a scary thing for me so I had a friend that had muscle relaxers and she gave me roughly 30 or so of them. I had never heard of Baclofen before ever. This was a random discovery for me"

Alex1250 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "First prescribed Baclofen orally for MS. Legs are turning into concrete. I was a zombie for about a year. 7 years ago I made the decision to have a baclofen pump implanted with meds going directly to my spine for my legs. Totally changed my life. No more zombie and spasms under control.(also had dilaudid in pump). Much smaller, concentrated doses going where they need to.It is now time to have surgery to implant another pump, 7 year battery life. I will have to go back on oral doses until healed from surgery. After that refill once a month and good for another 7 years. MS is getting worse but planning on giving it a hell of a fight....lol"

MSdanni (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2016