User Reviews for Baclofen

Muscle Twitching
5.3

Summary of Baclofen reviews 7.1 277 reviews

Reviews for Baclofen

For Neuralgia: "I was on this for sciatic nerve, Baclofen just knocked me out, I have nodded off continually & had memory loss. No one should ever get behind the wheel of a vehicle while taking this medication"

Red (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "After several trips to rehab and AA over 18 years, I discovered Baclofen for alcohol withdrawal and it works - it's changed my life. I had some success through traditional means but I always fell back because I never stopped craving alcohol. Thinking about drinking still made my brain "tickle" and anxiety kick in. After a short time taking baclofen I can say that it changed my brain, and I now have ZERO reaction to alcohol stimuli. I'm a free man, thanks to baclofen and my Doctor being willing to give it a chance!"

gsfnw78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "Wife took 2 pills on a Thursday. 20 mg about 10 hours apart. Friday called ems for having a Seziure. Now in ICU fighting for her life. It has been 4 days now. She had prior strokes and stage four kidney disease. Be careful if you take this drug."

Pop (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Just started Baclofen on Friday. Today is Monday. Will up to 20 mg and then 30 mg and on. I am praying that this works. At least, this site is fairly current. "

BigRav (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

For Migraine Prevention: "An amazing drug for suppressing migraines. Sleep well, mind completely shuts off, though dreams are soooo real and a bit unsettling. Often a migraine will kick off but the meds hold it at 1% pain all day . I always take 10mg baclofen twice a day along with 2100 mg gabapentin. Dealing with fibromyalgia too and this drug combo helps with pain. The muscles get relaxed and enable less painful exercise. Another beneficial side effect is reducing hypertension and slowing pulse to 60 BPM. Suffered for 30 years with migraines ,up to 3 per week. Down to 2 per month now, which get aborted with sumatriptan."

Basil-n-beans January 15, 2019

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been taking baclofen for 2 months and my anxiety for alcohol is less than when I was in 12 steps. I got sober for 3 years once but then the monster appeared again so I relapsed. But now I'm sober again and hoping it lasts "

Baclor (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "This medication is just a wonder. I suffered from depression plus alcohol abuse 1l vodka day for a long time. My doc was willing to give me very high dose of baclofen. This is just a miracle... craving almost done... not even willing to get one tiny shoot of vodka just for the buzz. Depression gone too mood increases a lot and sociability never been so high. I do ponder why this drug is not used more for psychiatric disorder too ...."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Had severe Muscle Spasm on Thursday evening and took a total of of 2 tablets one Thurs. and one Fri. morning. The following of what happened I have no recollection of and it has only been told to me. Fri. morning I was sitting in my recliner and had to go to bathroom and I could not get out of the chair by myself. with help I was taken to the bathroom door. My lady friend could not get me into bathroom. She said she looked at my eyes and said my eyes were wide open but no one was home, and she called EMS. while being transported to hospital I stopped breathing and again in the ER at hospital. At that time I was put on life support. After many test which all came up negative it was the consensus it had to be the medication as I had never taken Baclofen before. After more than a week in the hospital I am exhibiting no after effects."

MrFred October 15, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Tried it for several months. As dose increased to 40, 40, 30, I experienced severe twitching one day which culminated in convulsions when asleep which I have never had before. It was terrifying. I had been following strict Dr's orders and increasing doses over long periods when symptoms lessened. I believe I experienced severe baclofen toxicity which if you research you will see that it is becoming a common life threatening side effect of high dose baclofen. I would not recommend this therapy. "

Dora October 10, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Take Baclofen for degenerative disc disease and sciatica. This stuff works great. Takes my pain from an 8 or 9 to a 4. I have also found Baclofen to work wonders for my severe debilitating anxiety. I take 10mg 3x daily"

Shaun (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I have extreme muscle tension of the jaw, head muscles, neck, and shoulders. I started taking 10mg of baclofen 3x per day, it wasn’t working so I increased my dose and it still isn’t working. Why isn’t it working?!?"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I took this for terrible back pain, and noticed it also completely got rid of migraines. I only take it at night as it makes me drowsy. It works better than any inflammatory or pain relief medication I’ve ever taken. It’s the only thing that allows me to sleep when I get back spasms of migraines"

ChronicHeartburn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Made me stupid. Couldn’t process thoughts properly. Gave me muscle twitches. Made me so sleepy I couldn’t stay awake. Would NEVER recommend."

Raven (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Lioresal (baclofen) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: "On baclofen for severe pain in arms and legs. Very effective for that disorder. Must take exactly on time or pain returns right away. Side effects are headache, diarrhea and tiredness."

Cin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "First off, to the people expressing relief from this atrocity, let me say that I am glad it has worked for. That being said. My back pain has gone from severe to excruciating. I have no clue as to why, but I am discontinuing this Rx immediately. Dosage info. 10 mg 3x a day"

ncrebel (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Hi everyone, I have been on baclofen for 10 years now for Multiple sclerosis fibromyalgia diabetes rheumatoid arthritis. I'm always in chronic pain. I have muscle spasms in my whole body. Thankful for the baclofen because I don't have hardly any spasms now. I use to get spasm in my throat, my chest, hands, feet everywhere. It doesn't work for my pain but it works for spasms. I didn't think it was working, so I stopped taking it. In a couple of days I was in terrible shape!! I quickly dug them out of the closet and took some!I I stay in pain daily. I have many chronic health conditions that are not curable."

Gee-gee (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 26, 2018

For Spasticity: "Hi everyone, I take baclofen due to a brain stem tumour outcome, it left me with right sided hemiplegia so I’m full of spasticity down that side! Ouch! I find baclofen to be a great relief from spasams, not addictive, and pretty easy to take. If I forget I’ll know it, the cramps start. It does make you a little tired, but I’ve been on it for 3 years so I’m used to that. I feel like long term use, like I will be doing, could probably benifit from a baclofen pump (under the skin). But for now the pills are ok. I guess the only problem I have with it is that it’s short lived, wish there was a slow release pill. I’m in Australia and on disability, hence why meds cost $5.40 per month"

LucindaGee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2018

For Hiccups: "it's a quite good"

OC PC August 22, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Baclofen has worked for me. I read “An End to My Addiction” by Dr Amieson. He used Baclofen as an alcohol anti-craving drug. Fascinating read."

Mammy69 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I take baclofen for chronic back pain, and it gets the job done. I do get tired sometimes. I take 10mg 3x a day."

Gavin F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been a chronic alcoholic for 40 years eventually drinking 1 litre of bourbon every day for the last 4 years . It took my wife of 14 years to leave me before I saw a psychiatrist who prescribed me baclofen . Now after just 4 months I am no longer craving alcohol , my wife and I are reconciling and my whole life has seen a huge turn around. I feel extremely confident about not needing alcohol any more in my life and have baclofen and my psychiatrist to thank for saving not only my marriage but also my life. Thank you baclofen , " THE WONDER DRUG"."

Melvo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I personally will NEVER TAKE THIS RX AGAIN !!! I'd just gotten a Rx for a 30 days worth at a dose of 3 times a day. I took it one day & ended up in 2 different ER's & then I was admitted for 2 day's! !! All the tests I was put through, first of all, 4 out of 5 of them weren't too bad & one was a living nightmare. It came down to, that was the ONLY thing I'd had that was different. It's now a med. that I have to put on a severe allergic reaction to. So, thanks ever so much to the manufacturer of that med. for totally putting me through the worst experience"

Tonie (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Cervical Dystonia: "I take 10mg baclofen before sleep when I need to unclench jaw muscles before sleep - it makes me sleepy also and usually I worry less bout loss of muscle control. Any more than 10mgs turns me into a forget everything nodding off zombie but thank heavens there's something that relaxes my face if only for a little while."

CJ (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "My alcohol dependence started in my mid 30s and has lasted 10 years. I have been hospitalised several times due to it and I have managed to stay sober for good periods sometimes. But, as others have said, I always felt miserable when I was dry. Baclofen, in combination has changed my life, I now no longer crave alcohol and I feel as if my zest for life has returned. I just can't praise it enough. Go Baclofen!"

systemlord (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I began Baclofen about 2 years ago for chronic insomnia related to bipolar 2. The dosage is 30-50mg/night. It has been effective at 30mg at bedtime, vastly better than benzodiazepines or Z-drugs. I have not experienced side effects."

sf100 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2018