User Reviews for Baclofen to treat Dystonia

Also known as: Lioresal, Gablofen, Ozobax, Lioresal Intrathecal

Beyond spastic February 18, 2018

“Was prescribed Baclofen for muscle spasms/ chronic painfrom my Charcot Marie Tooth (MD) (a hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy) .During a 2 day experience with this med I became weak in my legs and noticed spastic movement. I fell numerous times. Also had a host of side effects that were obvious to family members as well as myself. I had slurred speech, trouble getting my words out. I had uncontrollable laughing spells to the point that I had my grand children scared and crying. I was so hyper and felt very out of control. Trouble staying awake and nightmares when I slept. One of the worst side effects was uncontrollable jerking. I would jerk at times and actually threw a cup of tea onto the floor!! I had a horrible 3 days of side effects using this med. After stopping I still dealt with some effects for 2 more days. God continue to bless those that are having good results but plz bless those that are dealing with side effects. Awful!!”

SporranMac December 22, 2016

“I was told by a friend that Baclofen would be better for me rather than the Rivotril I had been taking for a number of years. I slowly reduced the number of drips I'd Rivotril and started taking 1 x 10 mg Baclofen at night. Unfortunately I had a migraine each following morning and was forced to drop the Baclofen after a month's trial and recommce with my Rivotril which has no bad side effects that I'm aware of.”

Jamie1803 May 13, 2016

“I have an undiagnosed muscular condition coupled with JRA and borderline personality disorder. I only just started baclofen a week ago, 10mg 3x a day. I don't think I've ever NOT felt pain-- it's amazing. My pain level was so high all the time and it helped with the overall/daily pain as well as the cramping. Only downsides being that I appear to have side effects like dizziness, confusion, balance problems, and worsening psychotic symptoms. I've experienced some low-level hallucinations/spatial distortions (floor looks like it's moving or the walls are breathing) which is more confusing that concerning. Only downsides to this medicine besides sleeping (which I love as an insomniac)!”

hdminer6 · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2016

“I was recently diagnosed with atypical torison dystonia. My neurologist wanted me to discontinue 3 of my medications to make sure it wasn't medication induced. So far not making a difference being off them. But he started me on Baclofen 2 weeks ago. I have noticed that it does relax my muscular spasms, but has not seemed to effect the pain much. I've read it takes time to make its full effect. So far it has helped enough that I'm not in such constant pain. Hopefully it'll continue to get better.”

Sysgoddess January 12, 2016

“I have focal dystonia as well as 2 failed back surgerys on my cervical spine that left me with nerve damage at the root level. I have been having very painful & disruptive muscle cramping in both arms & feet even in my sleep. My pain management team suggested Baclofen so started me on a course of 10mg 3x daily. So far I'm experiencing sleepiness, balance issues, memory issues, and other neurological problems but no painful spasms. It is my hope that as with other medications the side effects should decrease over time.”

Flip4me62 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 17, 2015

“I suffered for 2 years with terrible dystonia and muscle cramping. Within 1 week it helped keep it under control. I take it 2 times a day and I am thankful that my doctor prescribed this. ”

cgoody December 8, 2011

“Helped with the neck and shoulder pain, but I had chest pain, had to stop taking it.”

Learn more about Dystonia