User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

4.7

Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 6.2 315 reviews

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Fi · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 3, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Hi i have an over active bladder, tried lots of tablets that worked for awhile then it wore off. I've required botox approx. once a year for four years. On two occasions I've had flu like type symptoms a couple of weeks after that have lasted for two weeks. But it's well worth it. I've always chosen to go for general anaesthetic as I was too scared to go for local. Today, my Dad went for bladder botox under local. And Dad said it was so painful they had to stop. I keep getting asked to go for local. I think this is to save money. I could be wrong. (Scotland)"

Never again · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have New Daily Persistent headaches and have tried every med imaginable. 15 months ago I gave Botox a try. Severe migraines for a week following with the most debilitating neck/shoulder pain/weakness of my life. I really struggled, it was tremendous. Headaches did not improve and I continue to experience neck pain. Just leaning over to tie my kids shoes... I can only tolerate bending over for a minute now. This has become a neck chronic problem. My neurologist doesn’t take this side effect seriously either."

Fancygal · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 21, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had this done by a urologist over a year ago and that's the worst thing I could have ever done because it backfired on me. I have multiple sclerosis and I was told by the doctor because I tinkled a little bit when I coughed or sneezed that this would be a great thing for me so I wanted to do that because I didn't like the sneezing and cough problem. 2 days later after having injection I was in the ER with severe pain like I had the worst bladder infection a person would not want and then they gave me a suppository and that helped but that didn't last long and when I went back to the doctor who did this Botox all he could say was I'm sorry It didn't work for you and it ruined my bladder that now I have to wear briefs and this is really out of control so I would not recommend anyone because it didn't work for me and for the ones that did work for I say great for you..."

Sue Pine · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "The first time I got the botox injections it was wonderful, migraine free for 6 months. The second time, no relief...win some, lose some, but have to keep trying as my migraines are debilitating ...."

Sue · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I have MS and unfortunately for months I was suffering with overactive bladder issues and urine leakage. Urologist told me about procedure. I had this done under anesthesia. Its nearly day 4 and so far I feel amazing, I remember the day after waking up with not a full bladder at all. I don’t have to cath myself. but I do have to strain a bit to make it come out. But no pain or discomfort at all."

Lowkey June 9, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had headaches/migraines most days of the month and finally got sent to a neurologist who started me on Botox treatment. Oh my gosh it has been life changing, I’m so thankful for these treatments!! I haven’t had any adverse side effects other than a stiff neck for a couple of days."

Cora · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I tried Botox to rid of the 9 remaining migraines I'd get each month after Aimovig reduced my original 15/month. I'd tried several TCA's but couldn't tolerate the side effects; Topamax caused vomiting. Unfortunately it's been almost 3 months since my first and only round of Botox injections and my migraines have worsened in intensity and number. The first month I had 30 migraines--not even a 10-day course of prednisone decreased them. The second month I had 16, thanks to Aimovig and 100mg Nefazodone (which I started because I couldn't use a daily triptan), but in this 3rd month which isn't over yet, I've had 12 migraines in 13 days and Aimovig hasn't made a dent this time. Obviously I worry that my migraines & frequency are now worse because of the Botox, but I'm trying to be optimistic that this horrible change isn't permanent. I can't recommend Botox."

Santa Fe Gal · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Botox for my overactive bladder and I must stay it is a miracle. 100%. Effective. Zero side effects. After almost 20 years of worsening incontinence, one treatment restored me to normal control, like when I was a teenager. The procedure is a little painful, but totally worth it. I’m 71 years old . Medicare covered it. I tried acupuncture in the ankle prior to this as a treatment, it was 100% ineffective."

Vai · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had a horrific response to the Botox I had for migraines. I ended up 5 days in the ER after most recent set of injections. Severe heart palpitations, low blood pressure, difficulty breathing, feeling faint, weak, dizzy, rash all over my body, muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing, tightness in my throat, severe dry mouth, tingling in my hands, feet, limbs, etc. I will NEVER get these injections again. There have been days I can barely get up, so severely fatigued and weak. Stabbing random pains, difficulty sleeping, chest tightness and pain, back, head and neck pain, it has completed halted my way of daily life. Severely puffy eyelids and one is droopy. It has been almost a month since injections and I am still no where near normal. I was told the only thing they can offer me is life support at the hospital if I stop breathing on my own. This has been terrifying. It has caused sudden extreme anxiety, which I didn't have at all before. My neurologist made it sound like the worst that could happen is a droopy eyelid."

Social worker June 4, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I am now 65 and suffered migraines since age 19. I have tried every drug as it hit the market. The last two years my headaches increased to the point to where I thought I would have to retire from my job because nothing was really controlling and totally eliminating my headaches. I have a needle phobia so it was very hard to consider Botox but when pain is bad enough, you are open to anything that might help. I went to neurologist who immediately suggested I consider this. I finally agreed to try as a last ditch effort to save my career since I am not quite ready to retire. The results have been truly amazing with minimal problems with side effects. I consider myself to be very lucky and this treatment has been a blessing to me. It is amazing to feel normal in my head again! It has been so long. I just went for my 3rd round. I can only speak for me but, it has saved life and my sanity."

Mia May 22, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Botox for overactive bladder December 13, 2018. Within a week I couldn’t urinate at all and had to start self cath. 6 months later I’m still having to cath and have had 6 bladder infections that are becoming resistant to most antibiotics. I’ve even had to have a PICC line for IV antibiotics. This has changed my life and not in a good way. I see no end in site for the self caths and scared this could be continue forever."

Coby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 15, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Had tremendous results with a mix of Botox and medicines to reduce severe headache occurrences from 15+ headaches per month down to 8 or fewer. Incredible improvement. One scary drawback - noticable frontal hairloss!"

Cat May 3, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I shared my experience earlier. I had botox on November, 2018 and 6 months later, I am still having to self-cath. I go to the bathroom more now than I did before, it has been horrible. I didn't think I would have to live on the toilet but I am. The botox has really affected my life and job negatively. I have exhausted all other options and am wandering if I am going to have to live like this for the rest of my life. This has been such a horrible experience."

nolatune · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 24, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "Family member has cervical dystonia (CD) related to Parkinson's Disease. He was receiving Boxtox from a specialist who eventually retired. Was not effective. New MD is a Physiatrist & he began with trying different dosages (increased) & mapping out where he injected the Botox and how much he administered in each muscle. Targeted many different & small muscles. My husband has had about 3 rounds with the new MD. Previously, his head was severely tilted to one side. Now the head is almost perfectly straight. He still has neck pain, but maybe the pain will improve with time since this is new doctor. He also receives physical therapy from an excellent provider. The physical therapy is not merely heat or cold pack, electric stimulation. It involves active patient participation, stretching, strengthening. No traction. Improvement may be due to the combination of therapies."

SB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 13, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Had my second set of Botox today for overactive bladder problems, the first one lasted 8 months, could have gone longer but going on a trip in June and wanted to make sure I did not have to pack a suitcase full of pads. Best decision I ever made. After five years of wetting all the time, not getting any sleep and quality of life awful, this has been a miracle. Yes it is a little painful during the injections, but well worth the pain."

Truenorth · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I developed tinnitus back at the end of June 2018. Along with it sharp sound sensitivity. A couple of weeks later chronic daily migraine. Had Botox treatment at the end of Dec. My daily migraines changed from aching, stabbing type to a electrical burning numbing, pulsing type. Had my next botox treatment on March 22 and my symptoms are worse. I now wake up with a migraine where previously I had a few hours before onset. I as well have an increase in tinnitus level, body aches, tired dry eyes, and overall body weakness. So disappointed. Don't know if I want to try a 3rd time ."

Sally March 19, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Best thing I’ve ever done, I had urge incontinence and was rushing to the loo all the time. Had 200 mgs of Botox. It was very uncomfortable having the injections but didn’t take long. Had a bad month where I thought "I’m not having this done again", but then it settled in. I sleep through the night. I have to self cath about 4 times a day. I can now go 5 hours without wanting to go. I’ve booked three holidays and regularly go out walking and travelling on public transport. Definitely a life changer."

Tapper March 14, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Botox last Nov 2018 for my bladder and I hate it - it has changed my life. I go through more pads now and had to change to the bigger ones. I can't go anywhere for any length of time. I walk around the block have to come in and change a pad. Other then my surgery it was the worse thing I did. BUT I had to try I was desperate to get my life back. But I realize now that the life I had was okay, and now its gone. Good Luck"

Jay dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 13, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Incontinence: "At first I was nervous about botox as I already have sacral nerve stimulator, had it done in 2018 and went into retention so now self catheterization. I'd rather be like this than having accidents. I've been accident free since 2018"

help · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had a Botox injection in my bladder in December and I had trouble peeing. My bladder was in a lot of pain before I had this done too. The severe pain did stop but still had some pain still with my bladder. By February I was having severe pain again and infections again. So that Botox injection doesn't really work. It causes problems. It is not good that you can't pee and that is what it does. I much rather run to the bathroom several times then not be able to pee at all. And my pain issue with my bladder is back so soon. So I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

smack · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Oh my God, I wish I had never tried Botox for migraine! After my first set of injections, my migraines were exactly the same and I had extreme neck pain for about a month. I should not have gone through with the second set of injections but I was desperate to take control of the migraine problem. Two weeks after my last Botox, and I have no relief whatsoever for the desperate migraines plus my neck feels totally broken. I cannot bend over to put on my shoes, unload the dishwasher, make my bed, etc. Agony. And the headaches are the same if not worse. I can't wait for that neck pain to pass again. It works for some people, I know, but not everybody."

Ryoma · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 1, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "After MVA I had Cervical Dystonia. Botox helps reduce spasms. Used in conjunction with physiotherapy. After initial treatments felt like I had the flu and felt ill. Also made vestibular issues worse for a time because all mechanisms are related. Still unable to do actvity do to combination of issues although the Botox is definitely helping. Anyone suffering from head injury or whiplash be sure to get assessed for neuro-vestibular and neuro-ophthalmology issues .. also certified physiotherapist specializing in upper ceevical spine. Do not recommend chiropractic to treat a traumatic injury like whiplash. Most doctors are clueless so you have to do your research. Hope this helps someone. Take care."

Lulu February 20, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Botox for the second time 23rd Jan and a week later I had to go to A&E as I couldn’t wee, they tied to put a catheter in but I was screaming crying as it was so painful, they eventually got it in and I had retained 518mls, I don’t use catheters now but the sensation I get when I need to go is painful and I’m finding I have to squeeze the last drop out, I also get a shivering/shuddering sensation as I start to wee. The first time I had Botox was brilliant no problems at all that’s why I agreed for a second treatment, I’m never having it done again all I think about is my bladder, I’d rather wet my self than go through that again, can’t wait for it to wear off"

ladiedi329 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 19, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "So far the best decision for me. Had the injections Jan. 19, 2018 and is still working I make an appointment every month just in case but so far so good! I am so sorry for other peoples nightmare results as I must be one of the lucky ones!"

Q · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I would never do this again. Since my injection one month ago I have had three trips to the ER, two foleys catheter put in, bleeding when I tried to self catheter and a physician who seems indifferent to my problem. My life has become an obsession about being able to pee. My QoL has been negatively affected. I should have found this site before I let myself get talked into procedure. What a mistake."