User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Chronic Spasticity 3.8
Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 5.8 387 reviews

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Borderlinelove · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 22, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “I’ve been receiving Botox for migraines for almost 4 years now. My first neurologist was horrible and it hurt so bad. My second neurologist was AMAZING at doing botox and though it still hurt it was over quickly and she was wonderful at distracting me. Before botox I was having 2-4 migraines a week and often times they’d put me in the ER. Twice I’ve had seizures from a migraine. I’d say the botox has cut my migraines down by about 70%. It takes about a week or two to take effect. And wears off usually around week 10. But those 8-9 weeks are totally worth it. It had been a huge change for my life.”

Lp · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “It has been 15 months since my only botox injections of 151 units. My headache is 1000 times worse than before the botox. No meds help. Lost about a foot of my hair. Nauseous anxiety insomnia chest pains ringing in ears feels like boa constrictors is squeezing my arms hard to swallow. It took my happiness away. Can't even get a botulism poison test. U have to go thru the CDC. And if you're not on a ventiltor at the ER then no test. The doctors lie to us to line their pockets and we are thrown to the curb. How do they sleep at night?”

Michelle August 26, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “I have chronic migraine with aura and without treatment I have 20+ migraines a month. I've tried a heap of other treatments and nothing has ever helped as well as botox. It usually reduces them by about half and they are less painful. Medicare in my country will pay for it every 12 weeks, however, I find that the effect wears off at around 10 weeks. I get a lot of migraines during the gap. For a week or so after treatment I still have bad migraines until it kicks in. I also get anxiety and body aches, heavy fatigue, kind of like I'm getting a flu. But after about 10 days it starts to resolve reasonably quickly and I have a much better quality of life. For me it's worth it, even though there are a few bad weeks every 3 months. A few times I've ended up with slightly uneven eyebrows, but nothing too obvious. I wouldn't want it done by a neurologist who wasn't skilled at it though, as it won't work if it's not in the right spots and could be dangerous.”

Lulu August 23, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “So I received about 4 rounds of Botox for my migraines. Around after my second time getting it I noticed the front of my hair (in front of my ears) began to curl excessively. I naturally have curly hair but the roots are usually not curly/frizzy. The front section of my hair began to become kinky and VERY dry. Nothing is wrong with this type of hair but I have 2 different curl patterns on my head with a noticeable difference in patterns. I consulted multiple hair dressers and they all came up with the same thing, it must be the Botox. I have tried multiple different products, different styling techniques, and treatments but the front section of my hair is a frizzy which doesn't match the rest of my hair. My last treatment of Botox was 4 months ago and I do NOT plan on getting it again. Has this happened to any other curly girls/anyone in general? BTW it did somewhat help with my migraines but due to my hair situation I decided not to continue this.”

skylight August 22, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “I have had Botox surgery 2 times in a year for urinary issues, but do not find the results to be that great. I have a lot of UTI's and have to use a catheter all the time. It has helped some so probably will continue with Botox in future. I do not think the drug works as well as it should or does not work as advertised.”

Horseless July 26, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: “Female, 80. 3 single births within 2-1/2 yrs, the 1st being largest, 8 lb, 10 oz. Over the years, diagnosed with urge incontinence, stress incontinence & OAB. Sling surgery earlier this year for stress incontinence - has worked like a miracle for coughing/sneezing but nothing else. Meds didn't do much for urge or OAB (sample Myrbetriq/too $$, a few months of oxybutynin, then trospium). Botox about 3-1/2 wks ago. Was very uncomfortable and post-op, pain was intensifying. I started suspecting UTI and was correct. Probably caused by leaky bowel (an entire another problem!) since culture showed e.coli. Now that that's cleared up, I can evaluate the Botox procedure as being 50%-75% successful. Fewer pads, less laundry and overall more comfortable. My urologist said treatment should last 6-9 months. As of now, will repeat. Am glad I did not research it prior to surgery. I believe the failures posted would have made me very hesitant. I am so sorry for those who went through pain and failure.”

Bobbi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Incontinence: “My 1st Botox treatment for urinary incontinence has been so very successful, What a life changer! Removing the stress of finding restrooms or wearing pads has given me freedom and peace of mind. A lovely miracle.”

Shellie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 29, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: “Botox mitigates most of the headaches, but there is that pain in the back of the eye thing still going on and the tenderness on the side of the head (right). I still get a breakthrough full-on migraine about once a week. I have just been prescribed a new medicine to back up the Botox when the full-on ones come. I have had migraines for about 35 years and have tried a lot of different meds (they really liked fiorinol for the longest time. The barbituates were hard to deal with). The Botox has worked the best at taking away a lot of the headache effects and allowing me to use my day more the way I want to. I also use a bio feedback/meditation for chronic pain. I guess as long as it works, go for it!”

Mojo · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: “I had my first round of neck botox injections around 10 days. I had moderate neck and shoulder pain for months. The doctor which I saw recommend botox without mentioning anything about side effects. Now my neck is too stiff with limited mobility. Also, I am experiencing swallowing difficulties occasionally. Overall, my neck feels weak all the time. My doctor is now suggesting physiotherapy with hot/ice packs everyday. I hope this disappears fast and not in months. I am done with botex for good.”

Dental · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “I'm a relatively healthy 29 year old male and botox did nothing to help my over active bladder and urge incontinence, I had 100 units of botox injected, about 6 weeks ago and the only thing it has done for me is that it is more difficult to empty my bladder, I really have to push it out. So I feel like if I do have another treatment with more units, it seems like I wouldn't be able to pass anything and will have to use a catheter like others have explained which I'm not ok with. Back to physio training and seeing how that goes, bit of a waste of money the botox was but worth a try”

Nicky · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: “I had botox injections into my neck supposedly to help cervical dystonia and I have found no difference at all.”

Rainmaker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 1, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: “I tried Botox several times as administered from a Migraine Specialist/Neurologist. It didn't help at all.”

Turkeylady3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 29, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “I have to update after reading many reviews everyone’s different It is very uncomfortable while being injected but since it works that’s all that matters Yes I have to self cath not easy for women but as I told my doc in check up it’s so worth it I never want to go back to the need to find the closest bathroom everywhere I go Or get up 4 times a night to urinate Bottom line it gave me my life back. So in my opinion it’s worth the discomfort and the cathing”

GG February 26, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “It is my experience as a health care professional that I would never advise botox for the bladder. The bladder is a muscle, therefore you use a stimulant not a product that stops muscle activity. Most patients never been asked to measure their urine when the urinate. Frequency doesn't mean quantity. I treat patients with acupuncture and it works.”

Peachk · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “Used Botox successfully for several years now for migraines. It cut the number of migraines I have each month in half & the ones I do have tend to be less painful & don't last as long. It was really after the 2nd set of Botox shots that I saw real pain reduction. The worst side effect I have is that the shots themselves give me a horrible headache. It's not a migraine but really hurts. For the headache caused by the Botox shots I have tried a Toradol shot (didn't work) and steroids. Those help but they do have side effects so I try to only use them for 1 day. I also ice the sore areas & take Tylenol. One time my eyebrow looked a little arched (for about 2 mos) so I told the PA and she altered the placement the next time. That worked. I also bring an ice pack to the appointment & put it on my forehead after the shots to cut down on bruising. Shots are very much worth it for the migraine reduction they provide.”

Sabrinachitoen · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “I had the procedure today at the hospital and the doctor that was doing my procedure said it would be just a little pinch. Well she lied it hurt and burned like I don't know what. Never felt anything like it. I told her many times to stop she continue to torture me. who ever said this procedure and isn't painful is extremely lucky or under anesthesia. This procedure is very painful. I will not complete any follow up treatments”

Not myself January 30, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “I can’t take it a second time. I tolerated the pain from the botox shots well. I have a younger look about me, at least from the cheekbones up. I don’t look like I match now. The slight rise in my eyebrows makes everyone ask if I’m mad. That’s not cool that I look kinda mad. It’s been really worrying me wondering what happened to me until I started reading some of the comments here. I’ve got worsening anxiety and paranoia, nauseated, want to cry and I’m sooo not myself I just want to go to sleep and wake up feeling normal again!!! I’ve only felt the feeling of ice going thru my veins from a toxic level of an antidepressant about 20 years ago in which case a trip to the ER has to take place and that’s how I found out what that was but it was also including vomiting and diarrhea.. now I just feel like ice is going thru different veins on and off and I pretty much stay fatigued and nauseous. My headache has come back.”

C · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “I read all these reviews and total freaked myself out, honestly I barely had any pain it was just a bit uncomfortable. This is my first time getting it and so far so good, I do recommend”

Ray · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “Worse experience ever my hair falling out hurts every time still have migraines get stiff neck and after there done it goes down my arm”

Nipper · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: “I am a 54 year old female and was diagnosed with cervical dystonia in May 2019. I’ve had Botox injections twice, and my 3rd set today. The previous ones didn’t do much so hoping these ones will. I also am going to physio. The tremors are getting worse and becoming embarrassing. Especially at work. Praying these injections work finally. ”

Leelee January 13, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Frequency: “Worst experience i have ever had, its has been bad since day one, 1st of all the procedure hurt, then I could not pee at all. I went to the doctor and was informed this was a side effect and now I should be able to pee on my own, well I still could not, the spasms almost drove me crazy, she prescribed my some med and they stopped. I am still unable to urinate of my own, just a few drops come out and I know my bladder is full. I hope this stops soon, I hope I don't have to self cather until this wears off... never again....”

Lucy January 9, 2020

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: “I am advised to take these Botox injections, but undecided at present. Want to hear comments of those who received botox for cervical dystonia”

StayinAlive · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “First round of Botox was life changing for my migraines; I couldn’t be happier. That is until the second round of Botox. Since then I’ve have had severe pain, pressure, and burning behind my eyes that doesn’t go away. I’m in pain every second that I’m awake. I have been to an ophthalmologist to check my vision and eye pressure and everything is fine. I’ve had an MRI done and everything is fine. My neurologist gave me steroids but they didn’t help, not even a bit. He doesn’t believe it’s the Botox since severe eye pain is not a common side effect and they are pushing towards a third round of Botox.”

Deb December 25, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: “I had the 32 Botox injections five days ago for migrianes. It’s probably too soon to tell if they will help. However, I want to mention that the injections were unbelievable painful. I’ve had cosmetic Botox injections in my face. Yes, they sting a bit. However, the migraine Botox injections were horrible. The doctor said many patients don’t make it through the whole 32 injections. I have never experienced that type of pain from a shot. Is this normal?”

cj in MT · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: “I had a Botox bladder injection early in 2019 (low dose) and even though it didn't completely work, I felt my leakage was less. Last week I had another stronger dose and I am leaking worse than ever and I just had an episode where I stood up and had no control over my bladder at all. These reviews made me feel better because I couldn't find anything on the Web about Botox making the issue worse until I read other reviews. I still have faith that maybe it just hasn't started working yet but who knows...I may just keep leaking. As far as the pain involved in the injection, maybe some people are super sensitive or maybe some physicians are better than others but I found it to be only mildly uncomfortable. There was a little cramping but nothing too bad. I was shocked that some people go under general anesthesia for this! Fingers (or legs) crossed that it starts working.”