User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Also known as: Botox, Botox Cosmetic

Learn more about OnabotulinumtoxinA.

Strabismus 1 reviews 1 medications

Chronic Spasticity 2 reviews 8 medications

5.5
Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 218 reviews 7.2

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "I had 40+ injections of 200 units of Botox for migraine approximately two and a half weeks ago. The first few days were horrible, as they made my migraines worse. Now my migraines have reduced (which is awesome), but I have horrible pain in my arms and hands that I've never experienced before. My forearm muscles won't flex, so somehow the toxin spread rather far away. My mouth is extremely dry as well and I have difficulty swallowing. The pain in my arms is unbearable at times. I do not recommend Botox at all, despite the reduction in migraines. I will never get this again. Also my face looks completely foreign to me and I'm embarrassed to be in public or make eye contact with anyone."

JacquelineL September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had botox May 25, 2017 for migraines. Woke up the next day with severe neck pain. Its Sept 3, 2017 and my neck is still hurting. I can't look down, turn my neck, read, clean my own house. I'm spending most of the day in bed. My life is ruined due to botox for migraines. I've had so many problems and I never was told about this side effect. It is not worth the risk. I wish I had known about this. The pain is horrible!"

SorryIhadbotox September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I have had overactive bladder for many years and have found Botox to be a life changer. It has made a big difference to my quality of life, although I am still wearing protection at night. The only down side is having to wait so long for repeated treatment when the effects wear off as symptoms seem to come back with a vengeance. For me it lasts for about 4 months. Yeah I have to self catheterise but I don't think that is much of a problem. Can't wait for my next dose as I have frequent accident without it."

Col69 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Let's just say LIFE CHANGING!! Good bye pads - hello active lifestyle! I've had this procedure twice and am excited to be going for the third time tomorrow! I have a great doctor who has been with me every step of the way since I asked him about it in 2015. It sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones - besides pain/cramping during urination that first day (which Ibuprofen helps!), and a couple of UTIs shortly after each procedure, I've suffered no ill-effects, but have experienced a dramatic improvement in all issues I've had with painful urges, frequency, and leakage. Mine lasted a full year each time before I noticed any degradation, and it was almost 18 months before I was 100% back to the old symptoms."

lrz August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "I have been receiving Botox injections every 3 months for the past 2 yrs. The injections have helped my cervical dystonia pain & muscle twitching."

CCI (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Very excellent experience with relief from migraine upon wakening lasting up to thirteen days at a time. I have had no migraines after the botox started working three days after injections. I do have neck soreness which is lessening as the days go by. I am on my first round and will try it again in three months."

The migraine artist August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I was diagnosed with status migrainosis in November 2016. I tried an SNRI anti-depressant and have had two rounds of Botox. I can say neither have been effective. The only effect from Botox I've noticed has been the tight band around my head in the first dose of shots and then increased soreness in neck and shoulders in second lot. And I had to skip out of work yesterday because my eyeball and side of head hurt so freakin' much - two weeks out from the second round of Botox treatment. I do not recommend. My migraines are likely hormonal in nature and I have epilepsy. While that is controlled, it leaves me with few options. Loathe to try anti-convulsants as it might muck up my brain in worse ways. Yes, there are worse states to be in."

Mollymigraine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "@Colbak - I too had the sling surgery. It took care of the laughing, coughing, etc. accidents. I had difficulty emptying my bladder. I couldn't sit to urinate, I had to squat like a linebacker. I had to go pee every 30 minutes. And when I had to go, I went from no urge to running and barely getting my pants down. My urologist said that I could a. Have the injection. b. Have bladder snipped to "undo" the surgery. Or c. Go to a dr. in Pittsburgh (close to me) and have a pacemaker type device put in. I got the injection a little over a week ago. The first day I was really crampy. Now, I can't fully empty and its getting worse everyday. I thought it was a UTI ,but now I have to self cath. I also go (trickle) every 15 min. Grrr! Hope this helps!"

GeckoLane July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "This is my last post as I am finally able to empty my bladder after having to self-cath every 4-5 hours for 6 months! I will never do Botox again for OAB."

RB2020 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had 200 units of BOTOX injected into my bladder 4/52. Worse decision ever! I struggled to pee on the first night and requested an indwelling catheter to be able to rest. On discharge I could void a little, but not too well. By the following week the retention was so uncomfy I went to the GP who sent me for a scan. I was retaining 380ml. Drained bladder and showed me how to self cath. I wasn't very successful. Had a day with Gyny and nurses following week and they ended up putting in an indwelling cath. Been weeks now. Had it out for 2 hours and retained 680ml I couldn't void. Awful awful feeling of being so •full• Huge regrets I took this route, 4.5 years post a TVT for stress + urge incontinence that didn't help."

SuzyR June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Life-changing! With Botox my almost daily migraines are well-controlled for 2-1/2 months of the three-month treatment period. If I do get a migraine, most of the time ibuprofen is all I need. Before Botox, ibuprofen would do nothing."

mmm69 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Dystonia: "I have adult onset generalized dystonia. I receive approx. 50 injections every 10 weeks. The injections start at the bottom of my feet and end at the top of my head. I have constant migraines and noises in my head. The botox really helps the spasms and cramps. The migraines and noises are kept to a minimum with the botox. It has been a godsend."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "An update from my post on March 7- I still cannot empty my bladder and have to self-cath. The Botox treatment was December 21, so now it has been five months! I am beyond frustrated! I have no idea when and if my bladder will ever be normal again."

RB2020 May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "First had Botox injections March of 2016. Doctor stated it would last six to nine months. Lasted 13 months and no side effects. Last week had my second injection as an outpatient. Took about five days to have me back to normal. Best choice I made for my OAB. No problems at this time and hoping it last at least nine months."

BK May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Received my first set of injections 3 months ago. The first week felt like a migraine was going to come, but never formulated. Botox reduced my migraines from 23 headache days per month to 6 headache days per month. I was able to decrease my oral preventative, Topamax and Depakoke (which I have several side effects from). Approximately 2.5 months in, the Botox wore off and migraines returned. Anxious to receive the next round and find some relief. It's a wonderful alternative to oral medication. Aside from some very mild soreness for a week, I have no side effects, even in my neck. It's the greatest preventative I've ever been on. Just make sure a neurologist gives you the injections."

Meemfelds (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "So I just had the botox done yesterday. I was really hoping for possible reaction but with in a few hours I couldn't urinate called the Dr on Call and pissed (pun!) me off for he never called me . I had to go to my own hospital for 3 hours which was way to far. The hospital drained my bladder all though not much in it and had me begging him please there is still more iron in there he said nothing I'm sorry. I went to there bathroom 5 more times. I have one of the worst cases and next is getting the box implanted."

Rpoole (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I just had my third botox treatment. The first was great. It was painful but worth it. I did not retain urine or have an infection. What a relief. The second one was 7 months later and I had good results. This third one was nine months later and after 6 weeks I have not had any positive results. I have an appt with my urologist to see what we can do, but it is very disappointing to go through this with no results. I thought I could control this urge incontinency for life."

Haiku24 May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I got my life back after Botox!"

PEP May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Upper Limb Spasticity: "I receive the highest dose of this drug for spasticity in my upper arm. All I can say is that it definitely helps me but then the drug will wear off quickly, I am now on the highest dose."

Scott0409 April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had sling surgery for stress incontinence. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and no leakage. I had minimal urge incontinence, but since the surgery, the urge incontinence is 100% more. I need to go every 30 minutes and have to wear the thickest pad. I have been told that I can retrain my bladder/mind if I hold on until the urge goes away, this may take months to do. I am reluctant to have botox. Has anyone done this?"

Colbak April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Facial Wrinkles: "This neurotoxin sent me to the hospital with leg convulsions, extreme anxiety, confusion, pain, depression and difficulties swallowing. I'm 8 weeks post botox and still have to take meds to stop my legs from convulsing. My anxiety is still through the roof. It's a very scary thing to be told by medical professionals that there is NOTHING they can do to help you. The only advise I was given was to call 911 if my throats started to close and I'd be put on a ventilator. Everyday I'm one day closer to hopefully making a full recovery. But please if you are considering using Botox do your due diligence and be informed on the risks. I had had it many times before with no problems this time my body decided enough was enough!"

S. Hudson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Just got my first set of Botox injections yesterday And the experience was easy and I was definitely pleased my doctor took her time with each injection and before I knew I was done"

Annbell April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Ok an update on my Botox treatment , close to 3 weeks since I had this done , it kicked in faster than expected and what a relief to not wear pads for the first time in years and the urge to go has basically gone and now I can sleep all night , a Huge Huge plus , now what many call the down side to the botox is the self cathing , for me I don't see this as a real down side , it takes just seconds to cath and its no big deal to me , it is such a small price to pay for the huge benefits , but thats just my opinion , cath 5 or 6 times a day , or tinkle every 30 minutes and constant leaking , I'll take cathing hands down"

Anonymous April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "For spinal cord injury's this is a life saver. I have a permanent catheter so paralyzing the bladder is not a problem, which seems to be the most frequent complaint. If they could paralyze it permanently, I'd sign up. If you suffer from leakage or involuntary urination and have a permanent catheter, try it. You won't be disappointed. I have it done twice annually for the past 10 years. My only issue are the large blood clots that can clog my catheter a few days after, but a small price to pay."

Cliffpo March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had the procedure for my bladder with botox on December 14, 2016. It has been the most horrible experience in my life, the doctor never told me about the possible consequences of it, I will never recommend it, EVER!!!!!!! It's been almost three months and I still have problems."

Ma. Cristina (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017