User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Also known as: Botox, Botox Cosmetic

Learn more about OnabotulinumtoxinA.

Strabismus 1 reviews 1 medications

Chronic Spasticity 2 reviews 8 medications

5.5
Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 189 reviews 7.1

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I've had Botox injections 3 times. The 1st time I developed symptoms after a week which made me go to the ER. My bladder was on fire! The Botox only lasted 4 months. The second time, I had zero symptoms and it kicked in right away. The Botox lasted 8 months. The third time, which was yesterday, hasn't kicked in yet but I've been having bladder pains which is relieved after emptying. But I wrote this to say that everyone is different so you can't really go by our reviews - try it out & if you don't like it, don't get it anymore, simple as that. Also, I've found it to last longer while also taking Ditrapan 10mg once a day. Ps. Someone said it's more expensive for males which isn't true, it all depends on your insurance."

M. Gg (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "Getting injections for 15 years with great relief. The key to Botox injections is that your neurologist uses the EMG (Electromyography) machine in order to find the nerve activity and inject the correct site. I insisted and the neurologist complied. I get my shots every three months and the doctor administers 250 to 300 units. I consider the injection pain nothing compared with the pain my neck suffers without them"

Inslori (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Chronic Spasticity: "My daughter was forced have a baclofen pump at the age of 2 and 2 months after brain injury before anything else was tried. They set pump at 497mcg sent her home on clonazepam, diazepam, trazdone and nurotin She is so tight I couldn't get her hands to open without force. I changed doctors as they reduced the meds she loosened up more and more is able to move and use a gait trainer. Introduced botox was introduced first time 7mo ago only gave 1 injection each hamstring and 1 in each abudctor to see how she would respond. I was amazed I can't wait to see next treatment. I totally recommend boxtox"

JackO27 February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "Took it for basilar type migraines triggered by fibromyalgia due to a car accident when I was 12. Botox works too well in me. All the surrounding muscle of each trigger point injected locked up. This works great in my mother who has a different type of migraine"

Headachpanda (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had a Botox treatment to my bladder for OAB on December 21, 2016. My urologist did not counsel me on the side effects or send me home after the treatment with an antibiotic as directed in the Botox pamphlet. Since that time, I have had two UTI's and still cannot empty my bladder. I have to self-cath every four hours. Like someone else wrote, I'm afraid my bladder will never be the same again and right now it feels like I'll be self-cathing for months. I wish I had never heard of Botox for my bladder!"

RB2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "For years I've had to deal with my overactive bladder. I went on various prescription drugs only to have bad reactions, the worse being severely dry eyes causing a tear in my cornea, it did not put me in my happy place. In 2007 I had a bladder suspension which stopped the peeing when I laughed, coughed, sneezed or cried. That change my life but I still had that "key in the door" peeing sensation. I still had to find the bathroom every time I entered a mall or grocery store. I found the best urologist. We tried the interstem. Unfortunately I herniated a few discs in my back due to a car accident. The interstem had to come out in order to have a MRI. I have had Botox 5 times now. It's amazing. now I even get injections in his office & awake"

Having to pee all the time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have been getting the injections for over a year. Takes about 4-7 days to kick in. Take it easy the first few days or your neck will hurt!! I will say that after a year of it working with no headaches-I have started to get mild headaches again. Everyone should at least try it if you have bad migraines-it saved me."

Amesme (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Have had classic migraine (with and without aura) since I was 8 or 9 years old. 30 years of regular intense pain. They increased until I was having 8 major migraines a month with about 20 days pain each month. I have been on Botox injections (31 every 3 months in forehead, scalp and shoulders) and had only one 'big' migraine in the 3 month cycle! Probably down to 5 days of noticeable pain a month I.e need to lie down or sleep. Has been amazing for my migraines. I guess it doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth discussing with your neurologist."

Nakka15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I just recently had my 4th Botox injection. For the first time, other than needing to use catheters due to retention (just 1 1/2 wks now), I feel normal. Every 4 hrs, and my bladder is actually full!! Over the next couple of weeks that will get better, but I still might have to cath. (knowledge from past experience) after intercourse and 1st thing in the AM. I'm okay with that. Forgot what that was like since my hyst 10 yrs. ago. For those who are frustrated after two weeks: Patience...give it time. It takes a few times for things to begin to be better, and each Botox brings better relief. The pain during the injections, although quite powerful, are well worth the results!! At least for me."

DDSS - Grateful for Botox (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Migraine suffer for 12 years; used Botox for 1.5 years (32 shots in my forehead, scalp, neck & shoulders) until last injunction in July 2016 caused Bells Palsy, blurry vision and loss of hearing all on the right side. It's been 7 months and droopy face is better, but vision and hearing have not returned. Neurologist said should return by 6 months or most likely permanent. I had to pay $1200 a quarter to lose my sight and hearing! Never use Botox...not worth it."

Indymigraine January 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "I have Cervical Dystonia and the first time I received the shots they didn't work I felt like it made it worse but doctor said everything I was going though was normal it would get better, she said just put ice on my neck and if that didn't help try a heating pad that didn't help so I desided not to have the shots any more, but about 6 months later I decided maybe I should try the shots again so I did and I'am glad I did because they worked the second time. I have to say when I get the shots and they hurt really bad they seem to work better I know that sounds crazy but its because she is getting the muscle that is causing the dystonia to act up. I'm really glad I give it a second chance. So if you are like me and gave up maybe try it again."

Sissy2012 January 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I've had an over active bladder for years and have had several medications with little effect. Then came the suggestion of Botox. My Doctor provided me with almost zero counselling on the effects. THEN, just as I was about to be put under, she asked me how much Botox did I want her to administer. Dah!.... should that be my decision???? I wish I had never heard of Botox. I had the Botox treatment on July 1, 2016 and it's now Jan. 10, and I have not been able to urinate without a catheter since which OVER 6 months now. Beware, Beware."

Kona Boy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had botox injections into bladder about 3 weeks ago but it has made no difference to my OAB so far. The procedure itself is quite uncomfortable and I actually felt my symptoms were worse the week after I had it done. I know it takes two weeks to take effect so was really hoping to see a difference as the constant need to go to the toilet is so stressful. But unfortunately 3 weeks in and I don't see much if any difference. I do seem to be able to go longer through the night but daytime is no better. I've had no other side effects so don't regret trying, just wish it would work!"

Ricky05 January 4, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Was going to the toilet every 30 mins, I have been having botox every 6 months for 3 years, Its wonderful, It last about 3 months then tapers off, Zero side effects."

78 year Old Man January 2, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Incontinence: "I have had multiple sclerosis for 25 year, for the last 10 years I have had Botox injections in my bladder. I don't have anything for pain as l don't find it painful. It takes about a week to ten days for the Botox to kick in. I do have to use a catheter 4 times a day which I do sitting towards the taps on the bidet, with a magnifying mirror strategically placed on the taps!! It works perfectly for me and you can keep everything super hygienic. I always aim the catheter into a plastic measuring jug so l can measure how much l do, 400mls is about right, 200mls I'm not drinking enough. Coffee and tea do irritate the bladder and coffee especially.I hope this is helpful to some."

Verity4075 December 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Strabismus: "My experience is not specifically about strabismus but general eyesight improvement. I've recently had my first round of Botox for wrinkles on the typical areas of forehead and eyes and after three days have noticed an incredible improvement in my reliance on my glasses. I generally have excellent vision but my eyes were constantly strained somehow and I could not function without the glasses. It's absolutely fantastic and should definitely be further investigated because just for this I am now hooked it is such a relief! Of course I am also extremely pleased about the aesthetic effect too."

Daniela_frm_DBN (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had the procedure done just a few days ago and it has been wonderful. I've had a few minor side effects like a UTI and some burning, but other than that, I'm doing well. I know it takes a few weeks to kick in, so I will update accordingly. If I have to complain about anything, it's that my insurance requires that this is done in the surgery center, so I lose a day of work. I planned for this so it was fine. I went to the mall last night and realized that I had been there for hours and didn't need to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I have to go for a check up in 2 weeks. I am urinating on my own, so that's good. I think this was a good decision. Again, I will update next week with any side effects."

JeninDC45 (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had used Botox injections for migraines and they WORK, not only is the Botox a temporary paralysis in the muscles but in the nerve endings as well and thus reduced and/or lessened pain. Then there is the added perks of smoothing lines in the face (as the face is the only place on the body where the muscles are attached to our skin, thus the temporary paralysis causes the wrinkles to dissipate)"

Ticoune December 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Getting 100 units in 9 shots on my head wasn't a lot of fun. But I haven't had a headache since. It's only been 4 days, but my neck was sore today and I should have had a doozy of a headache. My eyelids drooped a little after the shots, but my wife didn't notice. I've got a good feeling about this. If I get through this weekend without pain, I'll be sold."

ripp846 December 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been dealing overactive bladder for years. I tried different medications and they would either stop working or send my blood pressure sky high. My doctor and I decided to go with Botox. I know there is a chance of having to self cath. I asked to have a smaller amount than normal to see if I tolerate it. I did it yesterday. I initially had burning and some other things but that has stopped. Apart from being tired, I am ok. I am still urinating ok, which is good. I have an appointment in a few weeks to see if I am retaining urine. I will update when I go back."

JenF45 December 14, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Facial Wrinkles: "I have done this twice on my forehead and in between my eyes both times I experienced pimples at the injection sites that last for weeks. I have read reviews that this has happened to hundreds of other women yet doctors want to claim it's not possible to come from Botox. I find the doctors wrong because it's not just one or two people it's several hundred people experiencing long-term pimples on the injection sites of Botox. Botox is supposed to get rid of headaches but it actually makes mine worse. I will not be using it ever again I have heard dysport is much better and we'll try that. Botox does cause pimples it does not matter what the dr. Says hundreds users have experienced these pimples therefore the proof is in the people using it."

sam15 December 11, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "Having had migraines for literally over half my life, hitting >7 on the pain scale for around 25 days of the month, and trying pretty much every tablet for my migraines that I possibly could, Botox has brought me down to >7 for around 12-15 days a month. It may not sound like a lot but I'm only stuck in bed for 3-5 days instead over half the month. It's given me some resemblance of a life. Only disadvantages for me is it hurts a lot and stings, and I'm terrified of needles! Also I got it free on the NHS (UK)"

renross19942016 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I have had chronic migraines for almost 20 years. Clusters that would go on for weeks at a time. I tried Botox and I was very sore across my shoulders and neck for the first week and a half. My head felt so heavy. I didn't get a migraine for two weeks. I can't remember the last time I could say that. The decrease in severity Is worth it. I have a skilled neurologist and thrilled with him and Botox. Ps didn't help with my wrinkles at all"

Lisa, chronic migraines (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I just had my fourth Botox injection for migraine. So far it's helping. The migraines haven't been eliminated, but they've been reduced in number and severity, and there are more days between clusters of headache days. I STRONGLY recommend going to a headache specialist or neurologist for an evaluation before trying this. Botox works best for migraines that involve involuntary tightening of the tiny muscles in the forehead, temples, and along the "migraine band" on the sides of the head. If those aren't contributing to a person's migraines, then Botox is unlikely to work. Be forewarned that getting needles stuck in your tender scalp does hurt, some days more than others. My neurologist prescribed a topical anesthetic cream for next time."

WillametteBearcat December 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had my third set of Botox 3 weeks ago. It has done wonders to my severe neuralgia and Paroxysmal hemicrania. I had some side effects the first two sets (3 months apart) but they went away after about 10-12 days and I have been 90% pain free. I was getting up to 9-12 attacks a day lasting about an hour each, and lost my job as a result. This last set has produced terrible side effects: Headaches on forehead (Banding), severe shoulder pain, very puffy right eye, chronic skin rash on my back, occipital area of neck, and upper arms. Large red welts that burn and itch. It has now been prevailing for over a week.... I also have inflamed intercostal muscles especially around my sternum and it id incredibly painful."

Anonymous November 23, 2016