User Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Also known as: Botox, Botox Cosmetic

Learn more about OnabotulinumtoxinA.

Dystonia 2 reviews 4 medications

Hyperhidrosis 2 reviews 10 medications

Chronic Spasticity 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of OnabotulinumtoxinA reviews 136 reviews 6.7

Reviews for OnabotulinumtoxinA

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Urinary Incontinence: "I am 38. I have Multiple Sclerosis, for the past five yrs I had to wear depends, at night no matter what I did I would leak through the depends, and all over a bed pad. Every night. A yr or so ago this urologist moved into my area. She has credentials up the but. I HATE urologist. But my MS nurse said go at least talk to her. We decided to try Botox. I love it. For some reason my MS attacks my bladder more than most. I was already self Cathing . So having to do that after botox wasn't an issue for me. fortunately it does work immensely for me, and we are using a very high dose.....but because of MS it only works for a little over 2 months for me. So for about 3 weeks I'm back to incontinence, but at day 91 I go Again!!!"

Jlh78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I have had Botox injections often over the past three years. For me they last about six months. My doctor performs the injections under general anesthesia so I don't feel a thing except for the IV that is the worst part for me. I have only gotten one UTI from the injections. I have Multiple Sclerosis, the doctor I have is knowledgeable about MS. We tried four different meds which didn't work. I have good luck with the injections so I plan on sticking with them."

owl2772 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Botox, in short, gave me my life back. It's literally a life saver."

Ausy711 July 26, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Botox for overactive bladder six weeks ago and it's been nothing more than a nightmare for me. My main issues were frequency and bladder spasms and the Botox has only worsened these issues. I initially experienced a great deal of bleeding with large clots for 12 hours which I was unaware could occur - only slight spotting had been mentioned. Within a week I could no longer urinate and a Foley catheter was inserted. Six weeks on, my bladder remains seized and despite a number of attempts to remove the catheter, my bladder hasn't improved. I have had two uti's and been admitted to the emergency dept for severe bladder trauma, urine retention and uti. I have suffered extreme anxiety as a result of all of this. It's not for everyone!"

Kich Moochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine: "It seems like every time, I go to get my injections now, after all the injections(usually 40-45). That evening, I start with the worst headache ever and keep it for ( this time - Injections were on Friday 7/15 and today is 7/20). I'll probably have to go get a shot of Depakote to kill it on 7/21.I take topomax 200 mg. A day as a preventive, but I don't know. My doctor doesn't want to give me migraine meds., due to the fact I'm on so many medications already. Hrs worried about stroke or heart attack, because of my Bp and chronic pain meds., and leaky heart valves. I'm just sick of headaches all the Damn time."

neckmech (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "This is the only treatment that has cured my migraines and I've tried everything from oral medications to trigger point injections,cervical injections and anything else in between to relieve constant life changing migraines.The headaches dimished by the next day and until the Botox wears off ,about 12 weeks or so I don't have any,which is a miracle.I only wish I was given this sooner. It also only cost 80.00 out of pocket every three months. Another nice bonus or perk is any wrinkles you may have on your forehead ,in between your eyes, etc. are gone as well. This isn't a permanent medication either,with minimal side effects,better than most of the pills out there.If it doesn't work it can just be stopped and not injected again."

SamanthaSunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm on my 3rd dose of Botox. I have bladder incontinence. My bladder was in a constant spasm. It was hard to leave the house After trying pills after trying Depends after having a few accidents I agreed to the Botox injections. I found the procedure uncomfortable but maybe for 5 minutes. It took most of the first year to get used to using a cath as a norm. You can get reusuable ones or pre-lubricated once. I now use the later but they are more expensive. The first round lasted 1 year the second round lasted 6 months and now I'm on my third round. The first and third round more Botox was used. I love it. No more leaks, accidents. I can sleep all night. Take long walks, long car rides."

LovingBotox (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had botox March 21st 2016..When i havent got a UTI it works a treat,since having it done i have had a UTI just about every other week..Its sad because it does make a massive difference...Awaiting water test results just getting over another UTI as i write..I have become immune to certain antibiotics ..Not sure if im gonna have it again"

buzzfm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm am shocked to hear how disappointed everyone is with Botox and I'm sad too. I completely understand the frustration, embarrassment and all round annoyance of peeing yourself. I started having Botox when I was 33 (I have MS). I had to start catheterising after my 2nd lot of Botox. This was the end of the world to me, 33 and having to use a catheter. Now, I think Botox is a huge benefit to my life and using a catheter is the norm. Obviously, everyone has different experiences but I love it x"

Clairekins July 9, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "Each time I have had injections, the spasms stop within a couple of days, but then I have severe weakness in my neck and weird gait disturbances and muscle weakness in my lower extremities for up to 3 months. Just about the time I decide I won't get injections again, I have had pretty bad neck spasms and upper back pain, making me reconsider getting more treatments. It's a vicious cycle....."

whitehouse1 July 8, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "The side effects are horrible and I still have my migraines. Dont do it."

JenZ21 July 8, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Reading the testimonies here, I'm one of the luckier ones. I did not have to have a catheter, but I had to strain to void like I have never strained before. I was worried that I was going to do damage to the bladder muscle. I had constant feeling of needing to urinate. Rarely felt like bladder was empty. On top of this, my hands and feet would swell every day, when I have no problems with water retention. Doctor said I shouldn't ever have Botox again as it's likely an anaphylactic reaction. I had the procedure two weeks ago and am still miserable. Still not as long as others have gone through, but I was much happier to take the medication. Naturalist recommended a dot of estrogen cream on the urethra will draw it up to stop leaks."

RockyRoll July 8, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Never ever try Botox again! The first 3 wks I couldn't hold my head up., my arms were weak., vision blurry, sore throat, droopy right eye. Very depressing to totally be incompasitated! It was a big deal to get thru a shower and dress myself! Never again! Now at three weeks out, I'm light headed, still having hard time keeping my head up. Have started back to headaches for past week. They seem different in the sense I haven't had a visual aura., but the top of my head feels likes it going to pop off. The pain in my temple is the same. I've wasted an entire month! Been house bound!"

Jewels60 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "One week after Botox treatment, I was and still am miserable. I have had utis and urinary retention. Following a trip to the ER, I was fitted with a catheter, which was pretty uncomfortable. Next came self catherization, which has been nearly impossible, due to my bulging bladder. I would rather wear depends than go through this ongoing nightmare. I resent the fact that my doctor only mentioned retention casually and did not explain the consequences."

Galway girl July 3, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: " I had my injections last Wed. I had to go to the ER last night for Major Acute Water Retention (can't pee). I have to wear a cathater with the bag. I'm pretty sure I will have to self catherize until the Botox wears off. I wish I never did it, it paraylayzed my bladder. I will never have it done again. On the other hand I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers from OAB I'm 36. Very disappointed why this had to happen to me, quality of life is worse with the Botox at this point I'd rather wear depends. Please do not to this procedure. PLEASE the possible side effects are not worth it at all."

Arose4503 June 21, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I was diagnosed with migraines at 19, and there has been a steady increase in frequency and severity as I aged. At 49 they became intractable and I ended up on disability. Botox became the last option. It's been nothing short of a miracle. My cluster and ice pick ha's stopped, I've had only two throbbing migraines in 4 mos, and my photosensitivity has improved. It took about 10 days for it to kick in the first time. The pokes of the injections are a very small price to pay for the benefit I've seen."

TCBug June 18, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I had botox in my bladder because of nerve damage in my back i had to go sometimes every five minutes and could not leave the house. Its four months after first treatment. I still can not urinate at all unless I self cath. Sometimes five times a day sometimes ten when i take water pill for heart condition. Cant get answers if this is normal"

Jayms1953 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "For the first time in 50 years, I have relief from migraines, since using botox. I have a life now. I can make plans. For the first 4-5 days after botox, I hurt from the injections, my neck hurts, but then I feel great for almost 3 months. It's not 100% as I still get migraines but, they come less frequently and last for a shorter time. I would tell people that it worth trying. A little bit of pain for 12 weeks almost pain free. I love it. It has changed my life."

Shear Bear (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "In 2004 I began to have migraines which grew progressively worse over time. After years of daily bouts with migraines that were at a 7 out of 10 on good days (not to mention that I couldnt take triptans because they gave me chest pains) my local VA began offering this new treatment called Botox and I was approved for it. I'm not 'cured' by any means but my life somewhat resembles a life now for a few hours a week. My good days are few but I am grateful for what I can get. I still get horrible migraines but I'll take several migraines per week vs. several per day. It reminds me not to waste my time when I have it; I I try to get stuff done. So I say to anyone, give it a try. It may or may not work for you but you should at least give it go."

Cynotusk (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 31, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "Have had a mixture of Trigeminal Neuralgia and Cluster Migraines. (Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania) for 14 years. Have tried every single medication available and even had a Caudal Nueroplasty done 1 month ago. Nothing worked. Had severe pains up to 8 times a day all lasting around 40 minutes. Two weeks ago I had Botox injections. I have been pain free for 5 days. There are side effects like very stiff neck and shoulder muscles, slightly tight throat on swallowing, blurred vision from time to time and a slightly puffy right eye. Beyond that the Botox works for me and have no regrets. I can live with the discomfort I have now as I have a life again and do not get the chronic pains all day."

ADS57 May 26, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "Had Botox age 68 in July 2015 after 2 days had to return to doctor and have Foley cath put in. Doctor said leave cath in for a week return to office. Went back still retaining so they put in another Foley cath. Could do nothing with the bag strapped to my leg. Went another 10 days. Same thing. Retaining up to 400. Nurse taught me how to self cath. Using 4 caths per day and only going a little on my own. Finally after 6 months at check up only retaining about 20. So now I don't have to cath any more. I was a perfect for the Botox but it did not work on me. So now back on medication and dealing with OAB and accidents. This treatment is not for everybody. The side affects are awful."

jj1177 May 16, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "So my first experience was just on the cosmetic side and it helped with my migraines beautifully! My forehead looked amazing, and my migraines had been reduced. However I still felt the onset of them in my neck and shoulders. So upon talking to my neurologist, he said since I benefitted from the cosmetic one, I should try the actual one for migraines. Its been four days and I'm so sore and like other people have said AVOID getting the neck injections!!! I can hardly hold my head up and I wake with neck and shoulder pain. I'm bruised on my shoulders and it's swollen. Now I'm just in overall pain. The neck weakness is horrible it's weird to think holding your head up is hard."

Sabs01 May 3, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Migraine Prevention: "I had the 31 recommended injections. In the first 24 hours, I developed extreme injection site pain. It felt like electrified acid had been injected into my head and neck. All the injection sites became extremely itchy and my eye balls were itchy. 48 hours later, my neck and shoulders locked into knots. At 72 hours (after the weekend), I returned to my doctor. Doctor said that it was all in my head, even though I couldn't turn my head to look over my shoulder. He prescribed Benadryl and Aleve. Benadryl helped the itchiness, but Aleve did nothing for the neck and shoulder pain. I've tried Motrin, heat, massage and muscle relaxers... nothing has worked. At 10 days out, I can't hold my head up. Doctor is sending me to the ER."

Its-not-worth-it (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Overactive Bladder: "I think it depends on if you really suffer with this condition or you just wee alot as to wether you will appreciate it. I'm 30 years old and for the last 5 years I've had to wear adult nappys to bed (which more often than not, leak) this is humiliating. I already suffer with borderline personality disorder, depression, Fibromyalgia, IBS, Stomach ulser and now this! It was making my life hell. I had my first injection last year which did decrease the frequency I had to wee and stopped the leaking bit unfortunately didn't stop having to wear adult nappys at night, BUT this changed my life!! I will be having my 2nd injection on the 9th May, higher dose this time, if you don't appreciate what this does you didn't suffer beforehand."

Sophhee30 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2016

Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) for Cervical Dystonia: "I have been having injections for over 1 year now. The dosage was increased, per my request, in December. This seemed to work well, although it still didn't last any longer. I went in in March for my next dose, which was the same as December, and this time it's just awful. I have constant tremor, I have jerky movements at times, neck pain, yet I can tell that muscles are definitely weaker....if fact even more so than last time. Is this a sign of too much? Or injection error? I am seeing a neurologist, I did have 1 appointment with a movement disorder specialist (3 hours away), does anyone have suggestions? Should I return to the specialist?? Any input is appreciated!"

marcy52 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2016