User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Migraine Prevention

"I want to advise people that yes this drug works to help reduce migraines and muscle spasms. However, I feel obligated to advise you that if you use this drug even in small doses on a daily basis you may/will have some severe withdrawal symptoms (ie depression, insomnia, nausea, more spasticity, mood swings, hallucinations, and more ). The sad part is doctors love prescribing drugs to medicate but so often do not give you the whole picture, I was not advised of the withdrawal symptoms even after weaning myself of of this drug. Please do your research before taking ANY drug."

hopethishelps2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

"I have had horrible daily migraines along with neck pain and a doctor prescribed 10mg 3x a day or as needed. It doesn't work every time but it has been so far the most effective for me personally. Compared to the other drugs I have been prescribed, this has the least amount of side effects. The neurologist was surprised this drug was effective for my headaches."

Jelly2016 April 18, 2016

"I have tried so many things from over the counter, aleive, ibuprofen, Excedrin to prescription like immitrix, soma, relpax, nothing works. Finally. 30 mg of baclofen twice a day helps get rid of the migraine and 100 mg of topamax twice a day helps onset. I used to get them daily. Now it's 2 to 3 times a week and I've only been on this med for a few weeks."

Jewel1980 December 22, 2015

"Very effective. Taken 'as needed' to help alleviate the pain associated with migraine, so that I can function."

B. January 9, 2015

"I freak out about taking meds... but I suffer with tension headaches and nothing will ever phase them. I was prescribed 10mg of baclofen and just started to take half at night cause I was worried I wouldn't wake up... so far so good. No side effects and I woke up. After a couple more days of making sure no side effects I will take whole. "

00Lynn00 June 24, 2014

Lioresal (baclofen): "Helped tremendously with migraine and tension headaches!!!"

Gardeniagirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2014

"Tension Headache. I had taken 10 mg 3x day for years with no results. In titrating up to 20 mg 4x per day I have had miraculous results in relieving daily tension headaches. No side effects. Highly recommended."

CarolCT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2013

Lioresal (baclofen): "I have been taking it for 90 days. The medication seems to have leveled off the severity and frequency of my migraines. I take several medications and along with this medication it seems to be really effective. The side effects are a lot better than taking opiates or anything that makes you dizzy and ineffective. I take Topiramate, Bupropion, Amitriptyline, Gabapentin. When a headache hits I take a Sumatriptan and let it dissolve in my mouth."

iowacyhawk-husker December 22, 2011

"I have had migraines for 6 years and have tried every medication from, Topamax to Zonegran to Depakote. Since I've started taking baclofen 20mg x 3 times daily, 6 months ago, I have had one breakthrough headache and even then I was able to function. I'm not saying baclofen is the "perfect migraine prevention medicine" but for me, it's been my miracle pill."

migraine-free August 28, 2011

"I have been taking this medication for more than a year. I also have Migraines at least once a month. This medication hasn't really done anything for my Migraines."

femborg December 15, 2009

"Baclofen worked rather well for my Migraines with Aura. My neurologist prescribed it, my family docgtor was surprised to see it used for migraines but it did work."

JNav August 31, 2008