User Reviews for Baclofen to treat Migraine Prevention

Also known as: Lioresal, Gablofen, Lioresal Intrathecal, Ozobax

Baclofen has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Migraine Prevention. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Baclofen Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Baclofen

Heather April 9, 2020

“I have had chronic migraines daily, morning til night with blurry vision, vision changes, sensitivity to lights And sounds for 5 years. It got to where I couldn't drive, couldn’t be in stores because of light, could barely be with my grandchildren. I've been to so many dr.’s and had so many tests and the remedy or cause had not been found . I started baclofen because my Dr wanted to alternate the muscle relaxers monthly. For the first time in 5 years I am migraine free. I feel like a new person . Maybe I can get my life back !!I know that it can be hard to come off of at some point but I think the benefits out weigh the risk . Thank you baclofen !”

hopethishelps2016 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2016

“I want to advise people that yes this drug works to help reduce migraines and muscle spasms. However, I feel obligated to advise you that if you use this drug even in small doses on a daily basis you may/will have some severe withdrawal symptoms (ie depression, insomnia, nausea, more spasticity, mood swings, hallucinations, and more ). The sad part is doctors love prescribing drugs to medicate but so often do not give you the whole picture, I was not advised of the withdrawal symptoms even after weaning myself of of this drug. Please do your research before taking ANY drug.”

CarolCT · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 30, 2013

“Tension Headache. I had taken 10 mg 3x day for years with no results. In titrating up to 20 mg 4x per day I have had miraculous results in relieving daily tension headaches. No side effects. Highly recommended.”

migraine-free August 28, 2011

“I have had migraines for 6 years and have tried every medication from, Topamax to Zonegran to Depakote. Since I've started taking baclofen 20mg x 3 times daily, 6 months ago, I have had one breakthrough headache and even then I was able to function. I'm not saying baclofen is the "perfect migraine prevention medicine" but for me, it's been my miracle pill.”

Basil-n-beans January 15, 2019

“An amazing drug for suppressing migraines. Sleep well, mind completely shuts off, though dreams are soooo real and a bit unsettling. Often a migraine will kick off but the meds hold it at 1% pain all day . I always take 10mg baclofen twice a day along with 2100 mg gabapentin. Dealing with fibromyalgia too and this drug combo helps with pain. The muscles get relaxed and enable less painful exercise. Another beneficial side effect is reducing hypertension and slowing pulse to 60 BPM. Suffered for 30 years with migraines ,up to 3 per week. Down to 2 per month now, which get aborted with sumatriptan.”

iowacyhawk-husker December 22, 2011

Lioresal (baclofen): “I have been taking it for 90 days. The medication seems to have leveled off the severity and frequency of my migraines. I take several medications and along with this medication it seems to be really effective. The side effects are a lot better than taking opiates or anything that makes you dizzy and ineffective. I take Topiramate, Bupropion, Amitriptyline, Gabapentin. When a headache hits I take a Sumatriptan and let it dissolve in my mouth.”

00Lynn00 June 24, 2014

“I freak out about taking meds... but I suffer with tension headaches and nothing will ever phase them. I was prescribed 10mg of baclofen and just started to take half at night cause I was worried I wouldn't wake up... so far so good. No side effects and I woke up. After a couple more days of making sure no side effects I will take whole. ”

KJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

“Honestly after reading all these terrible reviews I know I am not crazy. Since starting baclofen 10mg 3x a day I have had tons of panic attacks. My BP has skyrocketed and I get so sick to my stomach I have thrown up. The panic attacks are the worse. It makes my heart race like crazy. I’ll nod off like I’m passing out only to jerk up awake again with my heart pounding. This medication is absolutely terrible. I am stopping it immediately now that I saw on here I am not the only one.”

Jewel1980 December 22, 2015

“I have tried so many things from over the counter, aleive, ibuprofen, Excedrin to prescription like immitrix, soma, relpax, nothing works. Finally. 30 mg of baclofen twice a day helps get rid of the migraine and 100 mg of topamax twice a day helps onset. I used to get them daily. Now it's 2 to 3 times a week and I've only been on this med for a few weeks.”

misskay · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2021

“Was taking as prescribed 30mg/day. After 1.5 yrs on this drug I developed a burning sensation all over my body and insomnia. Dr said there would be no withdrawals with cessation. Wrong. Please take with caution. Be careful with meds that act on the GABA receptors in the head. They are some of the hardest drugs to discontinue.”

Jelly2016 April 18, 2016

“I have had horrible daily migraines along with neck pain and a doctor prescribed 10mg 3x a day or as needed. It doesn't work every time but it has been so far the most effective for me personally. Compared to the other drugs I have been prescribed, this has the least amount of side effects. The neurologist was surprised this drug was effective for my headaches.”

jess1116 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2016

“I have had daily headaches for over 10 years and migraines for much longer. I started taking 2 twice a day for muscle spasms from an injury. It has helped with the daily headaches and migraines are less. The muscle pain is much better too. I also take Rizatriptan for the migraines as needed.”

Tasha Lo August 14, 2017

“Taking it for a week 10mg twice a day I have spasms in the back and migraines. This has increased my headaches and does nothing for my back pain. I am weaning myself off of this medication I am constantly sick to my stomach and dizzy. Worst med ever”

Angelina · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 19, 2021

“I have taken Baclofen for years and have NEVER gotten any migraine relief from it. I didn't even know it was used to treat migraine because I have used it for neck and back pain. I have taken it daily and the whole time still to have worsening migraine pain over the last year so I would not recommend.”

Gardeniagirl · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2014

Lioresal (baclofen): “Helped tremendously with migraine and tension headaches!!!”

JNav August 31, 2008

“Baclofen worked rather well for my Migraines with Aura. My neurologist prescribed it, my family docgtor was surprised to see it used for migraines but it did work.”

B. January 9, 2015

“Very effective. Taken 'as needed' to help alleviate the pain associated with migraine, so that I can function.”

femborg December 15, 2009

“I have been taking this medication for more than a year. I also have Migraines at least once a month. This medication hasn't really done anything for my Migraines.”