User Reviews for Baclofen to treat Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Also known as: Lioresal, Gablofen, Ozobax, Lioresal Intrathecal

Baclofen has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. 67% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Baclofen Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.

suzieplook July 16, 2011

“I've had MS for 25 years and suffer more with fatigue than anything else, but at night when I was over tired I would get twitchy and had terrible restless legs. I now take 10mg of baclofen each night and sleep soundly. I wake up feeling refreshed, something that I've not felt for a very long time so I recommend this medication.”

Momma · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2020

“After several years of treatment with ropinarole with decreasing effectiveness I started taking baclofen about 5 months ago. The results were dramatic. I am not bothered by evening symptoms at all. And it doesn’t make me sleepy!”

DixieQueen · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

“Was given baclofen at 10mg 3Xs day for muscle spasms and it caused severe restless leg syndrome to start out within the 1st hour of taking them. It is causing me to have to switch from taking restless leg meds at night to having to take 1/2 hr (30 mins) prior to taking Baclofen, thus becoming unable to drive at all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2016

“This medication didn't agree with me. Dr had me on it to see if it help my plm and restless legs. Didn't help with my symptoms plus it made me unbearably drowsy to the point I fell asleep on the toilet in middle of nighttime. At the same time I never felt as if I were sleeping well. I wanted off of them quickly.”

Freeborn54 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2021

“I'm noticing a great deal of help from pain and muscle spasms. I have been trying to get my back pain under control. Baclofen has been the best thing I have ever done. Has anyone else had good results for back pain?”

Cin · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

Lioresal (baclofen): “On baclofen for severe pain in arms and legs. Very effective for that disorder. Must take exactly on time or pain returns right away. Side effects are headache, diarrhea and tiredness.”

Anonymous May 7, 2009

“I used to wake up several times a night because of my random spasms and limb movements. I haven't experienced them since takin this medication.”

graff · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 11, 2013

“I have very bad Restless Leg Syndrome. I take 30mg @ bedtime, and normally the Baclofen helps pretty well with keeping my legs under control.”

SchwanN September 3, 2009

“Quite effective. Reduces alertness level drastically.”