User Reviews for Baclofen to treat Cervical Dystonia

Also known as: Lioresal, Gablofen, Ozobax, Lioresal Intrathecal

Baclofen has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Cervical Dystonia. 27% of those users who reviewed Baclofen reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Baclofen Rating Summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Cervical Dystonia.

Jo1952 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2020

“At first it was good relief. But I started getting side effects of dizziness and nausea.”

CJ · Taken for 10 years or more July 4, 2018

“I take 10mg baclofen before sleep when I need to unclench jaw muscles before sleep - it makes me sleepy also and usually I worry less bout loss of muscle control. Any more than 10mgs turns me into a forget everything nodding off zombie but thank heavens there's something that relaxes my face if only for a little while.”

Haji Bob · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 18, 2018

“I am prescribed baclofen 20 mgs 3xs a day..I had to cut that dosage back as this med causes extreme lethargy and sleepiness. It does very little for the horrific muscle spasms..but? Telling doctors this is like talking to a wall..so I use it as my sleep aid because Drs. Do not want to prescribe anything for that either..can't win..”

Anonymous April 22, 2009

“I take 10mg 3 x daily for cervical dystonia and it has helped me a lot. I also go for regular botox injections in my neck and the baclofen takes the edge away and makes it bearable on an everyday basis. No apparent side effects although I have become forgetful.”

JD in FL · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2016

“After trying several muscle relaxants, w very little success, I read a monograph from NSTA noting success in a limited study. Tried it 10mg 3x/day and it is equal to off-label benzodiazipines. NOTE: It does NOT improve pain from any underlying damage, only that directly related to the spasms!! It also improved my sleep by lessening nighttime stiffness (I also take 500mg magnesium at bedtime) Side effects are tolerable however- Do not take with narcotics or alcohol ”

EllieGirl270 June 10, 2016

“I have severe cervical dystonia. I was on Zanaflex for years. It helped reduce the amount of pain. Then my liver levels got high, Doctor took me off of Zanaflex. He prescribed Baclofen in its place. It's horrible. Doesn't help pain, stiffness, anything really. Huge disappointment.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2017

“The VA started me about 3 weeks ago for my Severe neck pain, spinal issue and I actually thought I got placebo instead. Not touching the pain, especially at night. Waiting on MRI before further meds are changed or prescribed. Been having spinal issues for 30+ years due to a fall. Had hardware installed and bone taken out.”

CDsince96 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 27, 2013

Lioresal (baclofen): “Baclofen has lessened the spasms and pain of my Cervical Dystonia. It does have side effects, but they are tolerable considering the relief I get.”

One_stiffneck · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 6, 2017

“To be considered a "lower class" of relaxants, I found that it actually worked better than expected. And there is little to no risk of becoming dependant/addicted to this drug. . Overall very pleased”

tyw August 14, 2014

Lioresal (baclofen): “Start the medication low, slow dosage and increase as prescribed and needed”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2016

“Doesnt do much for the pain. Take 20 mg x2 per day. Helps with tight muscles.”

james.e September 21, 2017