User Reviews for Baclofen to treat Hiccups

Also known as: Lioresal, Gablofen, Ozobax, Lioresal Intrathecal Lyvispah

Baclofen has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Hiccups. 89% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Baclofen Rating Summary

9.0/10 average rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Hiccups.

Reviews for Baclofen

tom rek · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2014

“Had abdominal surgery Sept 23rd 2013. Developed intractable hiccups immediately afterward. Unable to resolve them. After 2 months went on Baclofen 20 mg every 6 hours, they stopped , have now tapered back to 20mg every 12 hours, still under control, and will cut dose again. This is the only medicine that worked.”

Dingus · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2021

“Had hiccups 10 times an hour; often to the point of hindering breathing. Lasted two days before I sought med help. Nurse practitioner prescriber baclofen. Two pills and it was gone. 10 mg. Amazing. I have most of the prescription left, which I will keep.”

HateHiccups · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2020

“Have had intractable hiccups for month 24/7 which generally culminate into vomiting in late evenings. Tried gabapentin - no effect. Tried reglan - also no effect. Finally baclofen 20-30 mg every 6 hours did the trick. Initial Rx was for 10 my every 8 hours but that low a dose did nothing. 80mg per day made life tolerable and minimized the hiccups Altho I can still feel them lurking just under surface.”

Anonymous May 30, 2020

“Chronic hiccups. Idiopathic. Failed gabapentin, Lycra, chlorpromazine. Responded initially to 20 mg twice a day. However to maintain effect have needed to increase to four times a day a dosing. It definitely works but doses higher than 100 mg create insomnia. Wish there was a longer acting version but it is a very inexpensive medication.”

JL · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2021

“Had unbearable hiccups for a week straight due to severe acid reflux. It was so bad that I was getting maybe 2 hour a sleep a night. Went to see my gastro and he prescribed balcofen 5mgs (3 x Daily). It took about 6 hours to kick in and I had to double up my dose (10mg) but the hiccups finally have subsided. Thank goodness for this medication because having recurring hiccups for a week straight was miserable.”

Anonymous December 28, 2008

Lioresal (baclofen): “We tried it for my dad when he was having non-stop hiccups for weeks after having TIA. It definitely worked when he used the medication. It's a lot of help indeed.”

Gajanan Kanekar December 27, 2019

“I had hiccups continuously for 5 days due to antibiotics used for fever. Lot of medicines used but in vein. Ultimately only one baclofen 10 mg tablet was the cure for my hiccups, and they stopped”

OC PC August 22, 2018

“it's a quite good”

tennisguy · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

“Had shoulder surgery and developed 5 days of constant hiccups. after 2 pills of baclofen I was cured”

Biff · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2021

“It worked!! After three 10mg doses in one day, my 40x/minute x 1 week hiccups were gone!”

Bob, also had hiccups October 18, 2017

“I had hiccups also with TIA and my son who had chemo and radiation and also had non stop hiccups was prescribed baclofen. It helped.”

Learn more about Hiccups