User Reviews for Baclofen to treat Neuralgia

Also known as: Lioresal, Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal Intrathecal

Baclofen Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Neuralgia.

Reviews for Baclofen

Shakalaka · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 7, 2019

"I have MS and have been taking Baclofen for a one of my symptoms for few years. I have an overactive and painful parotid gland that gets a lot worse depending on the atmospheric pressure. I was erroneously diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and was prescribed Gabapentin. That put me in a fog. I switched neurologists when I moved and he put me on Baclofen for this symptom. I do not take this regularly but do take it if I feel the pain intensifying or if I know a storm front is approaching. Baclofen almost eliminates my pain. I can function as normal no matter what the weather. This medication has helped me maintain a normal lifestyle despite my MS."

Cj 04 · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2019

"Was put on baclofen 3 days ago for neuralgia and a little annoyed the doctor's never put me on it sooner. What a relief I've gotten. Managed to get a whole nights sleep comfortable which makes a huge difference to your day. No side effects as yet not feeling sleepy with it either. I've been suffering from on going rib pain and rib subluxation for years. Now query I have intercostal neuralgia. I'm just happy something is working for me and the spasms are under control."

Red · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 3, 2019

"I was on this for sciatic nerve, Baclofen just knocked me out, I have nodded off continually & had memory loss. No one should ever get behind the wheel of a vehicle while taking this medication"

it helps me alot w pain 1x3 da February 16, 2018

"I have been taking baclofen for 5 years for my sciatic pain and neuropathy, it has helped me a lot .I take it daily 3 times a day. It helps relieve my back pain better than any other relaxer and doesn't get me dizzy or tired or affect me in any other way but helpful"

Slord · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2017

Lioresal (baclofen): "I have been taking lioresal (baclofen) 10mg 3 x per day, for 3 days now. The side effects are immense! After 20 mins I lose all sense of balance, get a major headache, and need to urinate frequently (which is difficult when lack of balance screws up walking ability!) It knocks me out for hours. Side effects last approx 6 hrs. I have cut down to twice a day now because I can't handle the side effects. Only positive is the pain eases (I have intercostal neuralgia) but not 100% pain relief- maybe 70%. I plan to visit the Dr and get off it asap."

Canjay · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2017

"Fell into hard sleep. Didn't hear door knock, or phone call or messages alert. I woke but couldn't move my legs. This happened on 3 different occasions within a 4 hr. period. I tried to call out but voice too weak to be heard. It was an out of body experience for sure!"

DELBRO · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 27, 2016

"I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and neuropathy. I was in horrible pain all I did was lay in bed and the spasms through my whole body were just horrific. The neurologist put me on 10 mg of baclofen to start, finally moving up to 20 mg a day. It brought my quality of life completely back.it took the neuropathy completely away and quite a bit of the pain from the fibromyalgia. When I got the prescription filled the first 90 day prescription of baclofen was made by a company called IVAX And as I stated worked very well. When I went in for a refill the pharmacy gave me baclofen made by LANNETT and it had a horrible side effects, I brought it back and they exchanged it for the original baclofen made by IVAX Since then I've had no problems."

katief363 August 30, 2015

Lioresal (baclofen): "I started taking this medication 5 days ago. It's 1248 am, I've been up now for an hour, sick to my stomach. I'm having a hard time when I try to lay down, my throat feels like it's swelling, unable to sleep. AND actually woke up by throwing up. And plus I'm still having a terrible muscle spasm in right lower back"

gizzmoe July 20, 2015

Lioresal (baclofen): "I had pains in my legs after knee surgery and I took this medicine only one pill 4 times in two days and I have never been so sick in my entire life! I was so sick to my stomach that even water made me even more sick. Whatever I ate or drank would come back up about an hour later. I could barely stand up straight, I was shaking, I had fever and chills, etc. It was horrible! I stopped taking it as soon as this started and then it took another two days to actually completely get out of my system!"

Wastewater/mjd July 5, 2015

"I have suffered with pain from lower back disk bulging for several years. The nerves being pinched send pain and extreme stiffness to my left hip all the way down my leg to the front of my shin. I am very active, and my job requires a good deal of physical work. Baclofen in combonation with Gabapentin has given me such relief without the side effects of opium class drugs. I urge you to speak to your doctor about these medications. They may help you with your pain. By the way I am 50 yrs old."

Keja · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2014

"Suffer from severe fibromyalgia. Moderate neuropathy of legs. Take baclofen 10mg - 6x daily. It does give me complete relief, but had to titrate to this dose, started out 30 mg a day, but fell back for a couple weeks to 20mg. Caused drowsiness, and some pretty strong voluntary muscle twitching."

Anonymous June 13, 2010

"I take baclofen for extreme pain in shoulder and arm due to compressed neck vertebrae. I had tried Flexeril and Robaxin and received no relief. When I first began taking this I couldn't sleep, had a headache and as I read a review by another person - fell asleep mid sentence. My boss said I was hard to get to understand things but very agreeable. All are getting better. I have very vivid dreams now and wake about every 3 or 4 hours to go to the bathroom - that I was doing prior to the drug. What I call "pee pee pads" are very important but I used them prior to taking Baclofen. Overall, this medicine seems to help most of the time. I take it just before leaving for work just in case I might have trouble driving. Works well."