User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Muscle Spasm

"I got up one morning my eyes was swollen shut as the day processed my lips started swelling in thought it was do to my allergies then my face got a rash on my face then my tongue started to swell along with my throat had to go to the ER"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I began taking Baclofen 14 years ago. I started with 10 mg three times a day. After six months, my doctor increased it to 20 mg, and I eventually went to 40 mg twice times a day. Through all of this, I got only marginal relief. Last year, I had the intrathecal pump installed. So far, I still have had only marginal relief. My left hamstrings are very painful throughout the day. Massage is helpful, but very temporary. I'd love to find something that really relaxes my spasms."

Sailor Jim (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have ankylosing spondylitis. Very painful. Started taking baclofen five days ago. NO relief! Too early for good results? Excruciating pain! Where to get relief?"

Galensdad (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After using 20 mg in evening...I was getting no relief from muscle spasms, so I spaced dose out to 20mg in afternoon and 20 mg at evening As I got sleepy and dozed off in my chair, I found myself waking, but not breathing, I would have to gasp for a large amount of air and wake up... This went on all evening This has never happened in my life before, I repeated this a few days later and same results OPEN MY EYES AND REALIZE I,M NOT BREATHING AND GASP FOR AS MUCH AIR AS I COULD TAKE.....VERY SCARY."

daLIO May 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been on the medication for a as days but it's the first time in years that I haven't had that seized knots in my back . So I am fairly happy with the medication despite the drowsiness its causing. I hope that in a few weeks the drowsiness will go away. At least it doesn't knock me out like Rosario or tizinadine does."

LuDena May 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed with a muscular neurological disorder of unknown origin - SPS - with both my legs becoming stiff and my feet cramping a lot, with no control over lower bodily functions. I was given an Rx @ 20mg X 2 daily and was told to watch gastro for side effects. Didn't really have any problems there but the Rx worked at getting me ambulatory again. I tried to up it to 40mg X 2 daily but it made me sleepy and the Neuro told me better to take the 20 3 or 4 times a day rather than 40mg all at once. As with all Dx and Rx some collaboration with the doctor and experimentation by the Px is required to find the right Rx dosage for the symptoms. I am able to ride bike, walk and drive, get around, but no quick reflex activity."

DJDJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started baclofen 10mg three times a day because I started having painful muscle spasms in both legs usually at night. The spasms are taking longer to end. Bruising is sometimes noticeable.I started taking the drug 3 months ago, after a car accident.A brain injury was diagnosed."

hansomx2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started taking for herniated discs in my neck which caused bad migraines. It's pointless to me. Actually gives me headaches. I honestly think Flexeril works better."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this for 1 week and not only did it do nothing for my muscle spasms but it made me depressed. I had never been like this in my life!!! Thankfully I realized what was happening and stopped taking them immediately. So, ineffective and severe side effect. Not taking ever again. "

QuailLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm on 20 mg of baclofen tid and it works pretty good, takes a little while for it to kick in, but it helps subside my pain/cramps in my legs. I need to ask my doctor to increase my dosage due to the medication not lasting long enough. Overall is a pretty good medication."

Fibromyalgia lady (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First prescribed Baclofen orally for MS. Legs are turning into concrete. I was a zombie for about a year. 7 years ago I made the decision to have a baclofen pump implanted with meds going directly to my spine for my legs. Totally changed my life. No more zombie and spasms under control.(also had dilaudid in pump). Much smaller, concentrated doses going where they need to.It is now time to have surgery to implant another pump, 7 year battery life. I will have to go back on oral doses until healed from surgery. After that refill once a month and good for another 7 years. MS is getting worse but planning on giving it a hell of a fight....lol"

MSdanni (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I don't notice it working. I notice when it stops. Example. I had a physical therapy pool session. I overslept and took my 10mg dose 30 minutes before pool time. I started my session shuffling my feet along the pool floor. 30 minutes in to my pool time I could pick my knees up like a drum majorette. I convinced my PT about the value of Baclofen. Like other antispasmodics and pain pills, Baclofen starts working in one hour. It's helpful to set your alarm an hour early and take it before you get out of bed. I take it for a mitochondrial myopathy. I always have a low level of spasms that become like charley horses with activity."

Pippinsays (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Baclofen, has changed my life. CP suffer back surgery , spinal athritis , pinched nerves in my neck. And lower back, before baclofen, 6 panadine forte a day, now I take 3 . 10 mg tabs per day. Of baclofen No more back spasms. Might take 4 panadine forte a week now. Have been on endep for 2 years. But it doesn't compare. Wonderful ."

Poison apple November 1, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"after just a few days' dosing at 1 20mg every six hours, I started to feel peculiar in the GI tract...all kinds of strangeness. The drug didn't do enough good for the purpose prescribed, so I quit it and returned the drug to the pharmacy for disposal."

Rhomom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ithink its great no real problems with side afects."

Red68 October 4, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this medication for my back after 3 days I lost my muscle coordination dropping drinks my glasses could not focus within in 4 hours I fainted an woke up in hospital 2 days later don't know if it was a stroke or short coma. No one will tell me exactly what happened to me after 2 days off this medication I have had no symptoms. This is a very bad drug"

Joanifer September 26, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Fell and hurt my back 4 years ago. Suffered from Spasticity in my back, legs and neck ever since. Been taking 10 mg 3 times a day every since. To me this is one of those drugs that you really can't tell you are taking it until you run out. If for some reason I miss a dose I'm miserable. I'm not gonna say it removes all my pain, because it doesn't, but it does allow me to manage the pain I'm in better. The only side effect I noticed was when I first took it I had very vivid dreams for the first few weeks, but that went away quickly."

Meluivan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 13, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was actually put on this medication for hiccups and found that it had good muscle relaxer properties and also helped with mild anxiety."

sopranofan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Baclofen for intermittent spasticity in my thoracic back. Also for neck, and low back spasms/nerve pain, but it's been the thoracic pain in the past 2 years that more often than not is at times literally unbearable. My thoracic back at it's best is constant aching/stabbing. Baclofen stinks, it makes me severely groggy, (but so do many medications) and no pain relief even having tried between low to high dosages. 1500 mgs of Methocarbomol before bed is an oldie but a goodie. It'll put me to sleep during the day too, but at least it works and doesn't have the bizarre loopy type side effects. However I DO NOT take it with any other medication that causes drowsiness, no narcotics, no alcohol etc..."

Lina17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was taking baclofen 20mg 3 times a day for cervical degenerative disc disease. I didn't think it really helped until I ran out, now I noticed that my neck hurts more and is stiffer. I moved out of state and now I don't qualify for insurance. I also had a hard time sleeping while taking it, but I also have insomnia so I can't say for sure if the baclofen was causing it or not. I just noticed a difference when I ran out."

Kansas62 August 22, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was prescribed Baclofen 20 mg and allowed to take one half to one pill per night at bedtime. A few days ago I bent over and couldn't get back up. I am active, not old, and fit. Apparently I pinched/compressed a nerve(s) in my sacral area. I was taking methylcarbanal with little relief. My PCP have me a Toradal shot and Baclofen. Wow! Baclofen worked great but 20mg gave me a hang over the next morning (no headache). Woozy, drunk and floaty feeling. Decided it was best not to drive and stayed home. While I am grateful the Baclofen worked I will be taking 10mg from now on when needed. 20mg is just too strong for me at 5'8 and 140lbs."

MayMayinTexas (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have use Baclofen for some time now but have only in the last 2 to 3 months started to have side effects such a hallucinations, and seeing and hearing things that are not there. I also take Requip which also give almost the same side effects. I also take coumidin(Warfarin)"

George Johnston May 6, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was given this drug as opposed to soma. Started taking 20mg 4x a day. That was on a Thursday evening by Friday night I was not making any sense. My husband finally rushed me in to the er when I couldn't answer questions and would only answer in a single word. I was dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, vomiting, dry mouth, at one point I was doing stuff in the middle of the night. I was hospitalized until things resolved"

Kimkim36 April 26, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a spinal fusion on July 2015 n have had extreme nerve issues since then n numbness on my left side. I have been on everything woth no relief. Tried Baclofen 10 ml 3x day. Had some pain relief 1st day..since then nothing but very sleepy. Why would work on 1st day then nothing??"

jonic (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Helps with stiff and hurting muscles due to ms"

daisy dukes March 27, 2016