User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Baclofen Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Muscle Spasm

"My goodness, I have been looking for years to find relief. for muscle spasm. Baclofen 10mg has been a godsend. Pain gone. Thanks to my wonderful Dr. "

Joy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

"Was Rx'd Baclofen by a psychiatrist during intense "P/T Mngt" Program for Cervical Spine. Found it ineffective as a Muscle Relaxant & when my upper body would seize together in a "lock down", Baclofen did not budge a fibre loose. I give it a 0 in comparison to Valium (Diazepam), which was Rx'd by my psychiatrist who saw my physical distress. Valium is in the Benzo class (Ativan, Zanax) but it functions primarily by relaxing muscles. For me, no dependence or withdrawal symptoms."

MagneticEM (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

"Yeah the drug works. No more back spasms, and no pain at all. Side effects many this is my first time using it will not use again. Dizzy, stomach aches, sleepiness. A doctor at the VA in Atlanta, Ga recommended it to me. I am not a disabled veteran, if I was I would be able to get my teeth fixed."

pat (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

"I have stiff trapped muscles that I used to take Klonipin off label to help relax them. PM doc won't prescribe them but will write for 20 baclofen 10 mg a month. I have the worse tendonitis and neck spasms ever taking them. Can't win."

Trisha Haskett February 23, 2018

"I been on baclofen for 3 days ,and I'm having more spasms then ever before - to the point it's cramping I am not able to use my right arm and I'm right handed get spasm when I use bathroom I'm ready to go to ER that's how bad it is. I drink more water thinking that will help subside the spasm but that's not working. are these side effects? I have had headache also it cause blood pressure to go up"

my spasm are worse since start (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2018

"After a typical ACL reconstruction - my central nervous system went haywire. It's thought that I might have had an adverse rection to the Lyrica that I was put on shortly after my operation. Doctors have no idea why and for months after I had agonising nerve pain all over my body. After a few months, the only pain I have left has been in my lower back. Although I can still function - it was bad enough that I dreaded simple things like car trips or sitting at my desk at work. My GP suggested Baclofen and it's done wonders. I only take one 10mg tablet at night but it's enough that I have no muscle pain at all. It's been a miracle and I've had literally no side effects (probably due to being on such a low dose)."

Garden bug December 27, 2017

"I have very bad muscle spasms and cramps that turn my foot completely sideways and splay all my toes. It’s excuciating pain. Baclofen made it worse. The day I tried it I had the spasms 12 times during the night. Won’t be taking it again. I guess crying and screaming is my option."

Sprinklergal66 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

"I have a rare form of muscular dystrophy this drug lets me lead a normal life. Been on it for over 17 years now, no side affects, but takes away my spastic problems. Highly recommend and so grateful for it."

Sholl December 5, 2017

"I take 10mg 3 times a day, this medicine does nothing for my pain. It side effect is that make me hyper..."

CTBelle October 17, 2017

"Unless you have MS or are in DIRE need of spasticity reduction, i would recommend no one take this stuff. It is a nasty, nasty, nasty drug, made me feel out of it, slurred speech. It also caused me to develop sleep apnea, and it also increased my anxiety. It also makes it hard to breathe when laying down. Weaning off of it was awful, wave after wave of anxiety and then aggression. I'd rather have back spasms then feel the way it did. I weaned totally off it 48 hrs ago and I've had hiccups for 14 hrs and some agitation."

Lawdawg79 October 13, 2017

"I have only used baclofen for 3 weeks but I can say it is truly a miracle drug for me. I have suffered from chronic pain for 20 years after a motorcycle accident that resulted in fractures of T1 2 in 3 of my transverse processes and displacement of 2 other vertebras including 13 other fractures including punctured lungs and separations in my shoulder and clavicle. I know everybody on this post has serious pain. I tried every narcotic pain medication even becoming chemically dependent and eventually addicted to many of them and 4 other muscle relaxers and every other treatment (PT, acupuncture surgeries etc.) that I'm sure everybody on this board has tried. I have serious scar tissue in my upper back lower neck which caused me constant and severe pain. I stumbled upon baclofen going to urgent care to get a toradol shot just to make it so I could sleep that night. After I woke up the next morning taking my 1st dose of baclofen I had 50%+ pain reduction! For those of you that suffer from true chronic pain that is life affecting every minute of your life you can understand why I'm in tears writing this post. I cannot believe I had never tried this medication. I'm sure it does not work the same for everybody but when it works it is a miracle drug! I now can sleep the whole night and when I wake up in the morning I am not dreading a day of pain. Let me be clear I had 20 years of debilitating pain every minute I was awake unless I sedated myself so much that I could finally fall asleep. I went to four detox centers and two rehabs Because of all the opiate pain medications I was taking and then became addicted to. I have been suffering through taking naltrexone to keep me from using narcotic pain meds to escape from my pain. I have a whole new life at age 42 now. I pray that this medication works as well for anybody else reading or posting on this site. God bless all of you suffering."

Fowbr01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

"was prescribed baclofen for dystonia .(muscles spasms)..they slowed the spasms a bit but it also left me sitting on the sofa like a useless lump of flesh. Horrible drug and side effects"

Richieee (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

"I have taken this medication for a few years and I prefer this shape because it's easier to break. My Pharmacy just switched me to the round pills which I was unhappy about because I can't break those ones as easily and I have yet to find a good pill cutter. I wish they would all be in this shape when pills need to be broken."

Sincerely12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2017

"I had a terrible experience with panic attack. I do not believe this medication was appropriate for upper back pain, not identified as spasm."

marjeanine (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

"very bad reaction. I took this for upper spinal pain and cold symptoms"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

"I got up one morning my eyes was swollen shut as the day processed my lips started swelling in thought it was do to my allergies then my face got a rash on my face then my tongue started to swell along with my throat had to go to the ER"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

"I began taking Baclofen 14 years ago. I started with 10 mg three times a day. After six months, my doctor increased it to 20 mg, and I eventually went to 40 mg twice times a day. Through all of this, I got only marginal relief. Last year, I had the intrathecal pump installed. So far, I still have had only marginal relief. My left hamstrings are very painful throughout the day. Massage is helpful, but very temporary. I'd love to find something that really relaxes my spasms."

Sailor Jim (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2017

"I have ankylosing spondylitis. Very painful. Started taking baclofen five days ago. NO relief! Too early for good results? Excruciating pain! Where to get relief?"

Galensdad (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

"After using 20 mg in evening...I was getting no relief from muscle spasms, so I spaced dose out to 20mg in afternoon and 20 mg at evening As I got sleepy and dozed off in my chair, I found myself waking, but not breathing, I would have to gasp for a large amount of air and wake up... This went on all evening This has never happened in my life before, I repeated this a few days later and same results OPEN MY EYES AND REALIZE I,M NOT BREATHING AND GASP FOR AS MUCH AIR AS I COULD TAKE.....VERY SCARY."

daLIO May 22, 2017

"I've only been on the medication for a as days but it's the first time in years that I haven't had that seized knots in my back . So I am fairly happy with the medication despite the drowsiness its causing. I hope that in a few weeks the drowsiness will go away. At least it doesn't knock me out like Rosario or tizinadine does."

LuDena May 2, 2017

"I was diagnosed with a muscular neurological disorder of unknown origin - SPS - with both my legs becoming stiff and my feet cramping a lot, with no control over lower bodily functions. I was given an Rx @ 20mg X 2 daily and was told to watch gastro for side effects. Didn't really have any problems there but the Rx worked at getting me ambulatory again. I tried to up it to 40mg X 2 daily but it made me sleepy and the Neuro told me better to take the 20 3 or 4 times a day rather than 40mg all at once. As with all Dx and Rx some collaboration with the doctor and experimentation by the Px is required to find the right Rx dosage for the symptoms. I am able to ride bike, walk and drive, get around, but no quick reflex activity."

DJDJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2017

"I started baclofen 10mg three times a day because I started having painful muscle spasms in both legs usually at night. The spasms are taking longer to end. Bruising is sometimes noticeable.I started taking the drug 3 months ago, after a car accident.A brain injury was diagnosed."

hansomx2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

"Started taking for herniated discs in my neck which caused bad migraines. It's pointless to me. Actually gives me headaches. I honestly think Flexeril works better."

CokoPicasso (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

"I took this for 1 week and not only did it do nothing for my muscle spasms but it made me depressed. I had never been like this in my life!!! Thankfully I realized what was happening and stopped taking them immediately. So, ineffective and severe side effect. Not taking ever again. "

QuailLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

"I'm on 20 mg of baclofen tid and it works pretty good, takes a little while for it to kick in, but it helps subside my pain/cramps in my legs. I need to ask my doctor to increase my dosage due to the medication not lasting long enough. Overall is a pretty good medication."

Fibromyalgia lady (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2017