User Reviews for Baclofen

Also known as: Gablofen, Kemstro, Lioresal, Lioresal Intrathecal

Learn more about Baclofen.

Baclofen Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Baclofen to treat Muscle Spasm

"First prescribed Baclofen orally for MS. Legs are turning into concrete. I was a zombie for about a year. 7 years ago I made the decision to have a baclofen pump implanted with meds going directly to my spine for my legs. Totally changed my life. No more zombie and spasms under control.(also had dilaudid in pump). Much smaller, concentrated doses going where they need to.It is now time to have surgery to implant another pump, 7 year battery life. I will have to go back on oral doses until healed from surgery. After that refill once a month and good for another 7 years. MS is getting worse but planning on giving it a hell of a fight....lol"

MSdanni (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 30, 2016

"I don't notice it working. I notice when it stops. Example. I had a physical therapy pool session. I overslept and took my 10mg dose 30 minutes before pool time. I started my session shuffling my feet along the pool floor. 30 minutes in to my pool time I could pick my knees up like a drum majorette. I convinced my PT about the value of Baclofen. Like other antispasmodics and pain pills, Baclofen starts working in one hour. It's helpful to set your alarm an hour early and take it before you get out of bed. I take it for a mitochondrial myopathy. I always have a low level of spasms that become like charley horses with activity."

Pippinsays (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

"Baclofen, has changed my life. CP suffer back surgery , spinal athritis , pinched nerves in my neck. And lower back, before baclofen, 6 panadine forte a day, now I take 3 . 10 mg tabs per day. Of baclofen No more back spasms. Might take 4 panadine forte a week now. Have been on endep for 2 years. But it doesn't compare. Wonderful ."

Poison apple November 1, 2016

"after just a few days' dosing at 1 20mg every six hours, I started to feel peculiar in the GI tract...all kinds of strangeness. The drug didn't do enough good for the purpose prescribed, so I quit it and returned the drug to the pharmacy for disposal."

Rhomom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

"Ithink its great no real problems with side afects."

Red68 October 4, 2016

"I was prescribed this medication for my back after 3 days I lost my muscle coordination dropping drinks my glasses could not focus within in 4 hours I fainted an woke up in hospital 2 days later don't know if it was a stroke or short coma. No one will tell me exactly what happened to me after 2 days off this medication I have had no symptoms. This is a very bad drug"

Joanifer September 26, 2016

"Fell and hurt my back 4 years ago. Suffered from Spasticity in my back, legs and neck ever since. Been taking 10 mg 3 times a day every since. To me this is one of those drugs that you really can't tell you are taking it until you run out. If for some reason I miss a dose I'm miserable. I'm not gonna say it removes all my pain, because it doesn't, but it does allow me to manage the pain I'm in better. The only side effect I noticed was when I first took it I had very vivid dreams for the first few weeks, but that went away quickly."

Meluivan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 13, 2016

"Was actually put on this medication for hiccups and found that it had good muscle relaxer properties and also helped with mild anxiety."

sopranofan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2016

"I was prescribed Baclofen for intermittent spasticity in my thoracic back. Also for neck, and low back spasms/nerve pain, but it's been the thoracic pain in the past 2 years that more often than not is at times literally unbearable. My thoracic back at it's best is constant aching/stabbing. Baclofen stinks, it makes me severely groggy, (but so do many medications) and no pain relief even having tried between low to high dosages. 1500 mgs of Methocarbomol before bed is an oldie but a goodie. It'll put me to sleep during the day too, but at least it works and doesn't have the bizarre loopy type side effects. However I DO NOT take it with any other medication that causes drowsiness, no narcotics, no alcohol etc..."

Lina17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

"Was taking baclofen 20mg 3 times a day for cervical degenerative disc disease. I didn't think it really helped until I ran out, now I noticed that my neck hurts more and is stiffer. I moved out of state and now I don't qualify for insurance. I also had a hard time sleeping while taking it, but I also have insomnia so I can't say for sure if the baclofen was causing it or not. I just noticed a difference when I ran out."

Kansas62 August 22, 2016

"Was prescribed Baclofen 20 mg and allowed to take one half to one pill per night at bedtime. A few days ago I bent over and couldn't get back up. I am active, not old, and fit. Apparently I pinched/compressed a nerve(s) in my sacral area. I was taking methylcarbanal with little relief. My PCP have me a Toradal shot and Baclofen. Wow! Baclofen worked great but 20mg gave me a hang over the next morning (no headache). Woozy, drunk and floaty feeling. Decided it was best not to drive and stayed home. While I am grateful the Baclofen worked I will be taking 10mg from now on when needed. 20mg is just too strong for me at 5'8 and 140lbs."

MayMayinTexas (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

"I have use Baclofen for some time now but have only in the last 2 to 3 months started to have side effects such a hallucinations, and seeing and hearing things that are not there. I also take Requip which also give almost the same side effects. I also take coumidin(Warfarin)"

George Johnston May 6, 2016

"Was given this drug as opposed to soma. Started taking 20mg 4x a day. That was on a Thursday evening by Friday night I was not making any sense. My husband finally rushed me in to the er when I couldn't answer questions and would only answer in a single word. I was dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, vomiting, dry mouth, at one point I was doing stuff in the middle of the night. I was hospitalized until things resolved"

Kimkim36 April 26, 2016

"I had a spinal fusion on July 2015 n have had extreme nerve issues since then n numbness on my left side. I have been on everything woth no relief. Tried Baclofen 10 ml 3x day. Had some pain relief 1st day..since then nothing but very sleepy. Why would work on 1st day then nothing??"

jonic (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

"Helps with stiff and hurting muscles due to ms"

daisy dukes March 27, 2016

"I've got Arthritis in my hips and legs and about two months ago I was switched to this from flexarell because it stopped working, well baclofen doesn't seem to help either been in bed for 2 days and can't sleep or even lift my new born grandchild. I've pulled a muscle in my lower back now and in so much pain"

Prell (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

"I felt a burning sensation in my stomach. My ortho took it upon himself to change from diazapam to baclofen. I've been not sleeping, and I'm irritable. I've filed a complaint thru my insurance, as well as the ortho office. It's Sunday, but I have a 915 appt with the ortho."

Dollface37 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

"I'm taking baclofen for extreme tightness in my neck and shoulders, works fine. However is more of a stress relief and sleeping pill, especially if you are already a bit drowsy. I take 10mg currently and I personally don't think its enough because it doesn't do too much. especially at night when I need it to work fastest because my muscles tighten at the end of the day."

Aesj474747 January 23, 2016

Lioresal (baclofen): "Loss leg with riding lawn mower. Still have side effects! The leg I still have jerks and I still feel the pain of the lawn mower going over my leg. Not at all times but when they do I can't get the pain or the spasms to let up!"

Tie December 29, 2015

"I was prescribed Baclofen to help spasms and pain caused by my generalised dystonia with severe tremor. Initially I was put on a very low dose which was to build up gradually. I take a cocktail of daily medication but after two weeks of Baclofen added to my med cocktail I was in less pain. I noticed I'd cut my painkillers from four times a day to only once or twice, I didn't need them. I'm not saying I'm pain free or don't have spasms anymore but I definitely notice a great improvement. I did have unpleasant side effects to begin with, weakness, drowsy, drunk like feeling, it wasn't nice at all but I kept with it, the side effects improved and I'm so relieved I don't suffer the excruciating pain I was in."

Nick40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2015

"I have multiple sclerosis and limited use of my right arm and right leg I was given this drug to help with it. I have more trouble walking I have to use my scooter all the time and it makes me so sleepy. I find myself sleeping until noon then falling asleep late in the evening. I find this medicine not helpful at all. I take 10mg 3 times a day."

julie s (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

"Baclofen gave me terrible dream/nightmares and I would "walk in my sleep" during them, that is, getting out of my bed and literally trashing my bedroom, knocking everything off the nightstand, flipping over my computer chair, tried to crawl under a TV tray... crazy stuff, that I NEVER did before. As soon as I quit the baclofen (thinking that must be it), those dreams never happened again. PS, since baclofen did this to me, they tried Rx Tizanidine/zanaflex, and I had the SAME reaction from those so I just don't have a muscle relaxer anymore."

lamoo October 20, 2015

"no side effects except mild drowsiness. I'm not impressed by how this drug is supposed to work on muscle spasms. I have been on it for week and half at 10 mg 3 times a day. I feel my spasms are almost a bad as prior to taking this Rx"

Mr bluejeans September 21, 2015

"I have a partial spinal cord injury and have lots of muscle spasms everywhere. For a few months after my SCI I had minimal spasms and was on 90 mg/day. I am 4 years out from my accident and my spasms are worse. Now I take 120 mg/day (30 mg 4x/day). I still have a lot of muscle tone (spasms) and we are discussing putting a baclofen pump in that will pump baclofen directly onto the spinal cord. How do I know baclofen works? On occasion I have missed my 10 pm pills and by morning my muscles are so tight I can't move. I believe the maximum does is 90 mg/day but the doc put me up to 120/mg to give me more relief. I'll be on it for life. Great stuff, wouldn't be able to move without it. I have had no side effects even with the elevated dose."

Onceuponatime September 20, 2015

"Been put on Baclofen after taking Valium for a number of years for left sided spasming due to cluster migraine and fibromyalgia, Bells Palsy and Restless leg Syndrome. It has helped me immensely and helped me move again. I can even walk again."

Trudes02 September 7, 2015