User Reviews for Tizanidine

Also known as: Zanaflex

Learn more about Tizanidine.

Muscle Spasm 138 reviews 55 medications

7.2
Cluster Headaches 13 reviews 35 medications

6.8
Summary of Tizanidine reviews 151 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Tizanidine

For Muscle Spasm: "I have Multiple Sclerosis & It didn't help with anything for me...my muscle spasms or my headaches...in fact, it made my head hurt worse! I was prescribed 4mg twice a day...never again!"

MS sucks August 19, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been on this medicine for about 3 months now and it has been a life saver for me when it comes to getting some sleep. I normally take 2 four mg tabs and I am able to sleep for 3 to 4 hours each new night. Prior to being prescribed this medicine I would get at most 1 to 1 1-2 hours of sleep a night with the help of past n medication. I have several problems were the my back, neck and legs plus fibromyalgia. I can't tell you how happy I am that my rheumatologist prescribed this med for help sleeping at night. I've tried Flexeril and I as so doped up the next day that all I wanted to do was sleep. Count me as one that has had great results and might ask my Dr. If it's possible to take a small dose during the day."

Tranrich (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Dr. ordered 6mg of this for back spasms because flexeril was not doing the job. Had the most bizarre reaction to any medication I ever took. I've had allergic reactions before but this was disturbing. Within 45 minutes of taking the 6mg capsule I could not open my eyes even though I tried. Then I started sweating profusely from every pore in my body. Then I became paralyzed! I tried to lift my arms and couldn't! My breathing became shallow and I started hallucinating! I was finally able to get out of my chair and get into bed after 2 1/2 hours. This was a "one and done" medication for me!"

Marconi August 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have nerve damage and muscle spasms from a spinal cord compression. This helped with the muscle spasms but I could only take it at night as it made me so incredibly drowsy. Then, I developed severe night sweats. I spoke to my doc who said it wasn't a reported side effect of this drug and must be something else, so I kept taking it another month, but eventually it became unbearable. I was able to determine it really was the drug by taking nothing else and not taking it a few nights, then giving it another try. Sure enough, the drenching night sweats returned. After definitely demonstrating it was in fact the tizanidine causing the problem, the doc switched me."

DaXChAmJoOr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Helps me sleep a bit, but seemed to make my spasms worst. It doesn't help with headaches at all. all though I wasn't given this mediation for this problem."

stormy699 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Had a son 10 yrs ago & they botched my epidural, also developed Fibromyalgia about 6 weeks later & getting the Depo shot. I had never had ANY CHRONIC pain conditions before becoming pregnant. I have been on every pain Med you can think of, but all I want is to be fixed & live a normal life again. I had the same primary for 10 years, he would definitely over prescribe pain meds. I was steadily on SOMA & Valium (he was constantly changing pain meds) I decided 2 find a new Dr, & 4 the last year he's has me on subutex, Valium but will NOT prescribe me SOMA which I told him worked better for me then the pain pills, Flexeril did notta! He just put me on THIS drug with NO WARNING! I'm feeling a big relaxed/tired but it's my 1st time taking it."

MaMaria82 June 25, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "2 or 4 mg doesn't seem to do much of anything for me. Maybe I need a higher dosage!"

Spe77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

For Cluster Headaches: "It works for headaches"

Sassyjan (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I've had chronic pain for decades. I have 6mg, taking 2 for sleep, also with pain medication as needed. I do drink a large amount of water. But you should when your forced to take medication. It does work sometimes, but on real bad nights, I'm up walking about, doing chores, anything to get through the pain. I do notice sometimes I'm a tad groggy, but nothing compared to what people are saying here. I did try it at first during the day, as a way to hopefully limit my pain levels.. It did nothing for me. Have to be in bed resting IF it's going to work. I'm pretty much half and half on this. Sometimes it does, or not. I also do not take it nightly, on average 2-3 nights per week if I have had a few sleepless / painful nights."

Painisfun (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been on tizandine 12mg daily for several years for severe cervical, lumbar, & sacral spasms. It is fair at controlling muscle spasms . I am sure my body has adjusted to the meds but my pain doctor will not prescribe dosages higher than what I am taking."

in pain long time (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I found this to work fairly well, but wake up with a headache next morn. I know its the Tiz. because I never get headaches and it happens every time I take one."

jhapp April 12, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Just started, no adverse effects as of yet."

Etta R. March 27, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Who in there right mind would even want to take or prescribe this medication?! It interacts with dang near everything! The reviews say it's a great sleep aid, but can't take it during the day. I just spent 13 days by my sister's hospital bed after she was found clinically dead. By the grace of God, she was in a bathtub, and hypothermia saved her. When they found her, she had a temp of 90"

Pissed sister (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "USELESS did not seem to help. Muscle cramps in my ribs are still painful."

LYdda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I use this for neck spams and fibromyalgia. I was originally prescribed 4 mgs. twice daily, but found out quickly that taking it during the day made me feel like passing out and I couldn't walk without falling; plus, if I took it and couldn't nap, I felt AWFUL. So, now (per my doctor's orders), I take 8 mgs. only at bed and it relaxes me enough that I'm out like a light within 45 minutes. I do find that I wake myself up yelling at someone I was fighting with in a dream! Scares the bejeezus out of my cat! Lol. It really helps me sleep---which has been an issue for years, because of the pain."

Shahkkc (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Works excellent for sleep. I have chronic neck pain and I am allowed to take this 4 times a day 4mg....however It knocks me out and makes me very dizzy and just off. So unless I'm really hurting or have time for a nap I only take it at night."

beanhead2010 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "Life saver!!!! This muscle relaxer is beyond amazing!!!! I take 4mg at bed time and within 45 minutes I'm feeling complete relief and fall asleep!!! I don't take a full pull during the day because I literally can't walk straight or fully function after taking a full dose. Works awesome for a sleep aid too!"

anitsirhc1111 February 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I have chronic pelvic pain of unknown origin. This medication reliably relaxes me and knocks me out enough to sleep. It also sedates me enough to have conversations I don't recall and to pass out mid-sentence. Needless to add, perhaps, I do not take it during the daytime. Like many users, it tends to wear off after about 4 hours and I find an additional dose doesn't promote longer sleep. The sleep I do get is so good that I can put up with the short duration. I am taking the 4mg tablet. A time release formulation would be ideal, I think."

Catewms February 5, 2016

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "Well, I really am satisfied w/this medicine. I take it combo w/my pain medication. I was in a car accident two years ago and aside from the pain meds helping me w/pain, this is what actually allows the muscles themselves able to relax so I can sleep better. The one I really can't stand is 'flexeril". I don't what the deal is w/that because of anything, it makes ALL of my extremeties "jump"...like restless leg, but restless EVERYWHERE...(the legs too). The big problem is actually I got a new pain dr., but he only believes in one muscle relaxer and that's baclofen, which does ansolutely NOTHING. His intern told me that I could take two at a time, and still nothing. "

booltr2 January 31, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "This does do nothing to me!! nothing!! I still have problems with the insomnia. It's not worth it ! I've taking the medicine for more than a year and nothing (tizanidine 4 mg...)"

monica022 January 23, 2016

Zanaflex (tizanidine) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking zanaflex for about 2 years. The best thing about this medicine is it helps me sleep and for me there is no grogginess in the morning. I'm totally alert. Not like with other muscle relaxants. However the medicine usually last about 3-4 hours so it's quite common to wake up in the middle of the night. I give it an 8 because it does work really well for me however I wish the effects would last a little longer to get a full nights rest and also because I can't take it in the day because it knocks me out.....cold."

MonkeyTech January 5, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "My doctor gave this to me for I had to get off my melicam for a month. 3 days into taking this medication I have had the worst nightmares ever, things that you couldn't even imagine to the point that I thought dead people where in my house and I'm talking to myself and my husband getting mad because I'm talking and screaming very loud in my sleep. Heart rate is very high, dropped my blood pressure just from 3 days. I would take some serious precautions when taking this medication. And I still don't know if it works or not the dreams scared me so bad that I think I'm cured...."

Scared too death December 15, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I take the med for neck and back spasms... It works for me. The doctor prescribed it for 3xs a day. I definitely am glad he put me on it. Wonder drug"

Covergrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Don't seem to work for me . If it does it's very subtle."

ronmigy (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "My doctor has just started me on Tizanidine. I can tell the difference already. I have already tried several different medicines for my lower back problems, but Tizanidine has eased the pain well enough for me to get to sleep at night and wake more rested in the morning."

Collettesense (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2015