User Reviews for Robaxin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Robaxin.

Opiate Withdrawal
6.4

Muscle Spasm
6.3

Summary of Robaxin reviews 6.3 54 reviews

Reviews for Robaxin

For Muscle Spasm "I have a pinched nerve in my back going down the front of my leg. For 2 days my back was all messed up then woke up to numbess from knee to ankle. I fell 3 times before I went to the doctors. (Local urgent care). He prescribed robaxin and a steroid pack. I do not feel any different. I'm still having muscle spasms in right thigh along with no feeling to my right shin area. I can barely walk. I didn't have any side effects at all from this medication but they didn't work either. I just want my life back"

Alynna September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I don't have any chronic problems. Last weekend I hurt my neck when cleaning the chicken coop and I was in agony for 2 days. Could not sit or lie down without unbearable pain in my neck and left shoulder blade. Went to my chiropractor 2 days in a row. Finally saw my doctor and he gave me Robaxin. What a relief! It stops the muscle tension completely for 4-6 hours. I will use it for a few days along with resting and warm epsom salt baths to be able to continue with my daily life. No side effects for me. Only used it one day."

Urbanfarmgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have used as needed for tension headaches caused by neck vertebrae, restless legs, hip pain at night from excessive walking, and lower back pain accompanied by muscle spasms. It works well for me without any apparent side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have had severe cramping like birthing labor for 7 yrears . Now after 1 week on this med...I am back to the old HAPPY me. 45 days later only side effect is I bruise easier. I am smiling sincerely. I had been take opoiods for the pain but nothing helped with INTENSE spasms until this med...(It literally SAVED my life) the spasms were unbearable..."

Redhead...62...I have I.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "There are not significant changes to the spasms when taking this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Some how I managed to hurt my back simply bending over. The pain on the left side of my back curls around my ribs. The pain is so bad that it knocks the wind out of me. I tried taking extra strength Robaxin last night. Nope, didn't work and I was wide awake tossing and turning all night. Don't understand how a muscle relaxer can keep you wide awake all night long?? I think I will continue with the heating pad and rest seeing that seems to give me more relief."

TStarkey May 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "A great non sedating/non addictive muscle relaxer. Works much better than flexiril. No side effects for me."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have been taking this medicine for 22 years. I have Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and a very bad spine. I had a Doctor give me Tizanidine and it put me in the ICU. I almost died! After I got home and back on some solid food I took my two 750mg 3 times a day like I always did and they have been great for me. But the Fed. Gov. and DEA want to put their nose in sick peoples business and try to take all the things away that work for sick people. I really think they want us to die and get it over with. This medicine my not be for some but we all have a different body."

Red Hawk (taken for 10 years or more) March 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Although more effective then Norflex, it took awhile to help the spasms. Once it hit my system, it did ease the spasms somewhat."

DebBoli December 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I've had this symptom with other drugs. My legs are cold and I can't get them warm. It's like I have a loss of minerals."

Lmaj October 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I get sciatica often due to a spinal injury. When the flair up are at their worst, I've always taken Soma. I'm the type who does not like to change meds. If it works, why take a chance and mess that up? So I was skeptical when my doctor gave me Robaxin. But it worked! Yesterday I was tilted to the right and couldn't walk with my back straight up. Today I am so much better. What a relief! The pain can be a nightmare!"

KellyAnneRN (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "lower major back pain took medication and the pain went from major to a minor dull ache"

Jason231 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "If I could give this drug is zero rating I would. Since I take Klonopin for anxiety and oxycodone for severe pain due to extreme degenerative disc disease and facet joint disease in my entire spine, along with 11 herniated discs, my new pain management doctor would not allow me to keep taking Soma (which worked wonderfully) because of the goddamn DEA. I have been on that combination for years with no problems. I am not addicted to any kind of drug, nor have the desire to abuse drugs. I simply take them bring back my quality of life. I'm dealing with a failed microdiscectomy at L5-S1, which is causing me level 10 bilateral nerve pain from the groin area to my toes. I took 3 500mg pills, which did not work so I threw the bottle out."

Mskwik (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Robaxin has worked very well for my back muscle spasms. Also for tension headache due to muscle tension in my neck and head. My only side effects were initially a feeling of constantly needing to urinate even when there was no need. But that went away after a few weeks. Now though I have been experiencing bad dreams and broken sleep, problem is I don't know if these negative effects are from the Robaxin or something else I am taking. I do take several other medications in addition to the Robaxin."

ginalee5711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "works for me, helps me get through the day, I take it 2 times a day, I have neuropathy, on my right side, and this causes a lot of pain, muscle spasms throughout my body, better with robaxin, I have my life back"

Roe2016 March 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Felt like a fart but it was a shart. Saw double, can't sleep, loss appetite , dizzy, chest pains my chest felt heavy, it did make my head forget about the pain but it was still there. Bilateral spinal muscles where in spasm. T12 L1 and 2. problem. Never took this drug ever and wont ever again. Nauseated diarrhea bile colored. I took half the pill . It is nothing like motrin. Flexaril is a safer medication less likely to shart your pants. But took what was prescribed never heard of this drug before."

side effects beware (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "do not take this drug. It made me ill after neck surgery read nih.gov about and terrible side effects around since 1957. I have my gallbladder surgery in March. I turned yellow, I had balance problems. Go to NIH.GOV to read about it. I couldn't remember what day it was. Memory loss is a big problem. The memory problem goes on after it over 6 months for me. I couldn't sleep. it kept me awake at night, belching. just awful."

bubba sadie (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I only took 175 mg of ROBOXIN and about 30 minutes later my heart was pounding out of my chest and I had a throbbing headache. That lasted about 2 hours. I'm on other medications and checked for interactions with Zoloft, Lexapro, and Wellbutrin. Anybody experience the same or similar?"

gfry38 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal "Excellent! No loose bm's which can send you to the hospital."

Tx_Boots January 3, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Great"

Julie kylie December 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal "I found this medication to be helpful with getting some sleep! Which is the worst part of opiate withdrawal to me. It also helps with the aches you get that feel like they're in your bones! It was a really big help especially in getting me over that 1 to 2 week hump! The most vital part of the withdrawal experience!"

Brianstancil December 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Helped back but may be giving me horrible headaches"

Meecin December 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "This stuff saved me. I've got some kind of pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder no one can pinpoint exactly (since I was 17). First time I pinched it, my neck and back siezed up so bad I thought I broke something. I'm easily out 3 days without this stuff and can't move. 1500mg/ 3x day when it's acting up. Doc says this acts on every muscle, so after 3 days your dose has to come down, it's too hard on your heart long-term. Otherwise, it's a god-send. Keeps me working, still mild pain since good pain killers make me sick. After a few days I knock the dose down, usually back to normal in 5 days. It'll make you a bit sleepy at first, but that wears off and doesn't come back once your body is used to it. No other side effects to mention."

uncdub (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal "Didn't do anything for me second day on it and all it did was make my symptoms worse. Worse than just detoxing without anything"

Suzi 2 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have three herniated discs C4-C7, cervical kyphosis, spinal stenosis and am taking robaxin 500mg twice a day along with MS Contin 15mg ER. I've been on soma and Valium for my muscle spasms related to the kyphosis. I was just put on Robaxin by a new pain management doctor. It doesn't do anything to help my muscle spasms. I'm very disappointed with this medicine. I've been on flexeril and skelaxin but those didn't work for me either. I can't take baclofen because I have epilepsy. I'm hoping my pain management doctor will let me just get back on the soma so I can get some relief from my awful muscle spasms."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015