User Reviews for Robaxin

Learn more about Robaxin.

Opiate Withdrawal 6 reviews 11 medications

6.4
Muscle Spasm 37 reviews 55 medications

6.2
Summary of Robaxin reviews 43 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Robaxin

For Muscle Spasm "lower major back pain took medication and the pain went from major to a minor dull ache"

Jason231 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "If I could give this drug is zero rating I would. Since I take Klonopin for anxiety and oxycodone for severe pain due to extreme degenerative disc disease and facet joint disease in my entire spine, along with 11 herniated discs, my new pain management doctor would not allow me to keep taking Soma (which worked wonderfully) because of the goddamn DEA. I have been on that combination for years with no problems. I am not addicted to any kind of drug, nor have the desire to abuse drugs. I simply take them bring back my quality of life. I'm dealing with a failed microdiscectomy at L5-S1, which is causing me level 10 bilateral nerve pain from the groin area to my toes. I took 3 500mg pills, which did not work so I threw the bottle out."

Mskwik (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Robaxin has worked very well for my back muscle spasms. Also for tension headache due to muscle tension in my neck and head. My only side effects were initially a feeling of constantly needing to urinate even when there was no need. But that went away after a few weeks. Now though I have been experiencing bad dreams and broken sleep, problem is I don't know if these negative effects are from the Robaxin or something else I am taking. I do take several other medications in addition to the Robaxin."

ginalee5711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "works for me, helps me get through the day, I take it 2 times a day, I have neuropathy, on my right side, and this causes a lot of pain, muscle spasms throughout my body, better with robaxin, I have my life back"

Roe2016 March 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Felt like a fart but it was a shart. Saw double, can't sleep, loss appetite , dizzy, chest pains my chest felt heavy, it did make my head forget about the pain but it was still there. Bilateral spinal muscles where in spasm. T12 L1 and 2. problem. Never took this drug ever and wont ever again. Nauseated diarrhea bile colored. I took half the pill . It is nothing like motrin. Flexaril is a safer medication less likely to shart your pants. But took what was prescribed never heard of this drug before."

side effects beware (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "do not take this drug. It made me ill after neck surgery read nih.gov about and terrible side effects around since 1957. I have my gallbladder surgery in March. I turned yellow, I had balance problems. Go to NIH.GOV to read about it. I couldn't remember what day it was. Memory loss is a big problem. The memory problem goes on after it over 6 months for me. I couldn't sleep. it kept me awake at night, belching. just awful."

bubba sadie (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "I only took 175 mg of ROBOXIN and about 30 minutes later my heart was pounding out of my chest and I had a throbbing headache. That lasted about 2 hours. I'm on other medications and checked for interactions with Zoloft, Lexapro, and Wellbutrin. Anybody experience the same or similar?"

gfry38 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Opiate Withdrawal "Excellent! No loose bm's which can send you to the hospital."

Tx_Boots January 3, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Great"

Julie kylie December 14, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal "I found this medication to be helpful with getting some sleep! Which is the worst part of opiate withdrawal to me. It also helps with the aches you get that feel like they're in your bones! It was a really big help especially in getting me over that 1 to 2 week hump! The most vital part of the withdrawal experience!"

Brianstancil December 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Helped back but may be giving me horrible headaches"

Meecin December 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This stuff saved me. I've got some kind of pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder no one can pinpoint exactly (since I was 17). First time I pinched it, my neck and back siezed up so bad I thought I broke something. I'm easily out 3 days without this stuff and can't move. 1500mg/ 3x day when it's acting up. Doc says this acts on every muscle, so after 3 days your dose has to come down, it's too hard on your heart long-term. Otherwise, it's a god-send. Keeps me working, still mild pain since good pain killers make me sick. After a few days I knock the dose down, usually back to normal in 5 days. It'll make you a bit sleepy at first, but that wears off and doesn't come back once your body is used to it. No other side effects to mention."

uncdub (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal "Didn't do anything for me second day on it and all it did was make my symptoms worse. Worse than just detoxing without anything"

Suzi 2 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have three herniated discs C4-C7, cervical kyphosis, spinal stenosis and am taking robaxin 500mg twice a day along with MS Contin 15mg ER. I've been on soma and Valium for my muscle spasms related to the kyphosis. I was just put on Robaxin by a new pain management doctor. It doesn't do anything to help my muscle spasms. I'm very disappointed with this medicine. I've been on flexeril and skelaxin but those didn't work for me either. I can't take baclofen because I have epilepsy. I'm hoping my pain management doctor will let me just get back on the soma so I can get some relief from my awful muscle spasms."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2015

For Opiate Withdrawal "I get major muscle pains in my legs it feels like I want to peel the muscles off my legs due to opiate withdrawal."

hurtin unit April 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This has been the only med that I have used in the last 20 years I have suffered from back, neck and arm pain. I had two back surgeries that helped but not long term. Pain meds did not help much and having a heart problem that prevented any surgery unless it was a life or death/, no muscle relaxers worked if I could use them......and the strong ones they would let me have them for few a month so I could get some relief. Pain was so bad I was not eating and drinking enough....which sent me to the ER with my Blood pressure bottomed out. So they put me on this medication and I have more good days than bad. I sleep, and back tending to my over all health. THANKS"

The Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2014

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Helped me the first day. Used for shoulder and neck. Increased range of motion."

Daveo76 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Was prescribed Robaxin for muscle spasm after Vicodin failed to help. Although the Robaxin eliminated the muscle spasms I had nausea, lack of appetite, and insomnia."

Cops1476 January 20, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have lower back spasms and sciatic nerve pain. Usually I can function with Tylenol and stretching but this time was pretty bad. The doc prescribed Robaxin and it helps me sleep through the pain and function through the day without being too foggy. The side effects I have noticed are feeling feverish and my thigh muscles have been twitching pretty much non stop, but it's not painful. So far the pros outweigh the cons."

500mg August 21, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have recently had back surgery. I am 17, used to be a track athlete and happen to have a lot of right leg spams. So far I took the Robaxin once. I am prescribed 2 x 750mgs every 6 hours but that dosage I learned shortly was wayyyyy to much. Ended up so dizzy I threw up. So if anyone is wondering don't take 2 if pain is minor and in one area."

this 17 year old (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "After breaking my back three times, I ended up with ankylosing spondylitis, scoliosis and kyphosis. All major degenerative spinal diseases and cause for great endless pain. Coping is the hard part. I have been on Oxycontin, morphine and several other neural analgesics. All these did was make me nauseous, constipated and robbed me of at least 20 IQ points. Shear tenacity and methocarbamol has given me control over chronic pain with minimal ingestion 500 mg for three days. If I'm still good, carry on till required again maybe in a week or two. Best part I got most of my marbles back again. It has taken 10 years of medicines to finally find methocarbamol and thanks to it I can cope."

3.14R July 15, 2013

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have very good luck with this as a pain reliever but the muscle relaxant part works a little too well. I mean a 500mg pill will knock me out for 18 hours. and 1000-1500 mg if the recommended daily dose. I have recently been taking 1/4 dose. (125mg) about 2 hours before bed and it still knocks me out for at least 12 hours. Then I wake up in the morning with hangover like symptoms, light and sound sensitivity, splitting headache, dry mouth. On the plus side at least I sleep."

SMBRODY June 3, 2013

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I've been on Robaxin since 3/11 when I suffered neck/shoulder injury/trauma and a compression fracture in my lower back due to an auto accident. I take it in conjunction with Lortab 10/500 for muscle spasms and pain. It has helped with pain relief. I can continue to drive for work which I drive in excess of 25,000 miles per year. It seems to have little if any side effects."

islandgirlPR (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2013

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "My doctor prescribed me this for muscle spasms in my neck and through my right shoulder/arm. And by the time I was able to take it - -the spasms had quit on their own. I never threw out the meds and recently my spasms started back up again -which they do on occasion. My spasms are severe - - literally preventing me from being functional for upwards of 3 days. Robaxin actually works and releases a lot of the stress and pain from my spasms. Only downside is it takes upwards of an hour and a half or longer for me to feel the effects. Zero noticeable side-effects besides some mild drowsiness, which is no biggy. Helps me sleep at night through the pain. I'd recommend this medicine."

Getz (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2013

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I'm an aging jock. I have many old injuries, but take Robaxin primarily for spinal pain - (L1-L2-L3) disk problems. I start dosing 3 days before I am scheduled to do something stupid, dose through the activity, then wind down for a day or two later. It makes my 60 y.o. body work like a 30 y.o. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out so well, but with an NSAID like Naproxin Sodium, and a muscle relaxant like methocarb, I can stay immature for many more years. I find my only side effects come from playing too hard. I have experienced no other ones."

randomnameattempt (taken for 10 years or more) September 28, 2012

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate